Ryo Miyaichi

I wasn't sure if this was the correct place to post this but this kid just agreed a 5 year deal with arsenal and arsene wenger has rated him highly with some going as far as calling him the next c.ronaldo

I took it upon myself to find out what football manager has to say about this but he was not to be found in the editor. I thought this could probably be because he is Japanese but then again he has been on trial at both arsenal and more recently ajax before he broke his leg and so I thought maybe he woulda made it like many other Japanese stars like Honda, Abe, Matsui, Morimoto and Hasebe

Just because the Japanese leagues arent licensed shouldnt mean that real apanese players shouldnt be in the game. The EPL isnt licensed yet we have all the players.

But no company has an exclusive license to have Premier League players in the game. Someone (Konami) does have an exclusive license with Japanese players and the J-League.

It's the same thing with EA's exclusive NFL license. No other company can even put current real players (well the ones who are with NFLPA) in the game.

In the USA at least, thanks to a court decision, player names are not trademarked. A federal court decision ruled that players names, historical information and statistics are public information. Consequently, a game company like former SI partner OOTP does not need a license to produce and market real life rosters. However, player images, team logos, team names, ball park images can be copyrighted. Consequently, they are not included in the game, but are easiily accessible as others have above stated. So why not include as many of the worlds players as possible?

Archived