Feeder Club - What is it?

So, I was thinking of asking for a feeder club in my Tottenham save. Someone suggested it to me bc we have no reserve team football this first yeaer at the club, which I dont get why. But what is a feeder club used for? What is the benifit of having one?

You can suggest to players in your squad who wont be getting first team football to go on loan to your feeder club, which has the benefits of keeping them match fit and stopping them from getting worse as footballers through lack of match practise. The final decision will be up to the player as to if he accepts the loan deal or not though, which seems to depend on the players reputation relative to your feeder clubs reputation. With some feeder clubs you also get first option on players they have offers accepted for which can be useful for picking up the odd bargain.

Do I need to to this for my tottenham save? It shows that my reserve team is not in a league. Is this normal. Like will my reserve team have the option to be in a reserve league mext season?

If your game is before the start of the first season you should get a news item inviting you to enter your reserves into a reserve league once the season is close to starting. If you are in the middle of a season though it would be a good idea to try and get a feeder club to be able to loan out players who are unlikely to be in your first 11.

I'm just about to start my third season in my game and have just realised that according to my fixture list my reserves have had no league games for the previous two seasons but I've been getting the news items for selecting players available for the next reserve game. This seems to be a slight bug in the game from what I can tell where your players will still play reserve matches but the fixtures aren't displayed in the fixture list. If I were you I'd just keep an eye out for the news items about who you want to select for reserves matches and continue as normal.

I'm just about to start my third season in my game and have just realised that according to my fixture list my reserves have had no league games for the previous two seasons but I've been getting the news items for selecting players available for the next reserve game. This seems to be a slight bug in the game from what I can tell where your players will still play reserve matches but the fixtures aren't displayed in the fixture list. If I were you I'd just keep an eye out for the news items about who you want to select for reserves matches and continue as normal.

You can also arrange friendlies for your reserves with unplayable teams. I do this in my BSN career game.

Archived