Im done until the next patch comes out

...for one very simple reason; my players will not stop shooting from long range.

They are all set to rarely attempt long shots, i have told them all to stop attempting long shots if they had it as a ppm and all set to low creative freedom.

Hopefully the next patch will sort this out, until then, back to fm10.

If they keep shooting from long range, it's because there's nothing else on. Give them more options (which will mean increasing their cf) and they'll not take them so often. They won't stop, of course, but they won't shoot so often.

If they keep shooting from long range, it's because there's nothing else on. Give them more options (which will mean increasing their cf) and they'll not take them so often. They won't stop, of course, but they won't shoot so often.

centre forward and inside forwards are always looking for through balls and from what I can see are always available. Im not the only that thinks that long shots are out of control, just look through these forums.

Im not the only that thinks that long shots are out of control, just look through these forums.

That because people that don't have this problem wont start posts "Long shots on target is just about right, I will keep playing even without a patch."

I'm not having the issue you are mentioning, long shots are pretty much under control, and I don't use shouts either.

On the other hand, if your midfielders are always free to take long shots, it might be a good investment to get a midfielder that can drive them home. :)

I agree with this thread.

Talking about Creative Freedom is ignorance. Long shots rarely, CF- Low. That means they DO NOT have the freedom for long shots. If there are no other options, just try a through ball anyway. Or go back to the goal keeper. Do not blaze it over the ball for the 400th time.

They also need to get rid of the cheating mechanims that dooms you to a loss before the game starts.

COme SI, just make the game fun for once

That because people that don't have this problem wont start posts "Long shots on target is just about right, I will keep playing even without a patch."

I'm not having the issue you are mentioning, long shots are pretty much under control, and I don't use shouts either.

On the other hand, if your midfielders are always free to take long shots, it might be a good investment to get a midfielder that can drive them home. :)

This is a good point, if someone was smashing them in I guess I wouldnt be moaning, but at the moment im so frustrated that I cant get my players to play the way I want them to. Although somebody would probably then complain long shots fly in too often :p

Im playing a tactic similar to the the 4-3-3 I used last year, and my players didnt shoot from distance very often. In the last match I played on FM11, 17 long shots, crazy.

Im playing a tactic similar to the the 4-3-3 I used last year, and my players didnt shoot from distance very often. In the last match I played on FM11, 17 long shots, crazy.

I play a formation with wingers so I have most my action down the flanks, perhaps that's what helps it in my case.

to add my two cents, there are a few issues with what is counted as a long shot as well. I've seen guys shoot from well within the box area, although a bit from an angle and it counted as a long shot, which for me it isn't at about 14-15 yards from goal. Also shooting from just within the area centrally in front of goal mostly counts as a long shot - I'm not sure about that.

I do still agree that even with that there are too many long shots, and tactical settings appear to make little difference, which is probably my biggest concern - whether I have them on long shots rarely or sometimes does virtually make no difference.

However my biggest issue is that those morons use their weaker foot for their long shots, even when 10 yards clear of every opposition player. It makes me want to cry. A prime example is Robben who would not take a long shot with his right foot in a million years. And it's the same with every of my players. I am suspicious that the "show onto foot" PPM may be a bit too powerful. It should only affect how the defender positions to not give the opponent a good look with his strong foot, but I feel like it actually impacts the selection of the foot when clear on goal or under no pressure at all.

See what Time Wasting is set to. I'd imagine players might be more prone to shooting if the team is set to Rarely Time Waste. They might take some extra time holding up the ball or looking for another opening if they feel they can take their time and not rush to find an opportunity to have a crack at goal.

This isn't actually a bug :p The bug actually relates to how long range goals from the AI happen frequently.

Your problem is actually tactical. As has already been pointed out, you aren't having players in strong positions off the ball.

Most of my goals come from tap ins after the ball is worked out wide and whipped across or, at most, a low drilled effort from the edge of the box.

Try a basic 4-4-2 formation and watch the movement against a weaker team in pre-season and you'll note immediately that your players will pass more.

To give further detail, try Fluid, Direct Passing with two wide players, crosses drilled in, and a combination of a Deep Lying Forward/Advanced Forward, along with a Central Midfielder (Attack) and a Deep Lying Playmaker. This will result in the DLF dropping back to collect the ball to feet, the AF will run into channels and the attacking midfielder will dive into the box, whilst the wingers make space on the flanks. The Deep Lying Playmaker offers the return ball to midfield if the players aren't on.

There are a few bugs to complain about in FM11 but this ain't one of 'em ;)

This isn't actually a bug :p The bug actually relates to how long range goals from the AI happen frequently.

Your problem is actually tactical. As has already been pointed out, you aren't having players in strong positions off the ball.

Most of my goals come from tap ins after the ball is worked out wide and whipped across or, at most, a low drilled effort from the edge of the box.

Try a basic 4-4-2 formation and watch the movement against a weaker team in pre-season and you'll note immediately that your players will pass more.

To give further detail, try Fluid, Direct Passing with two wide players, crosses drilled in, and a combination of a Deep Lying Forward/Advanced Forward, along with a Central Midfielder (Attack) and a Deep Lying Playmaker. This will result in the DLF dropping back to collect the ball to feet, the AF will run into channels and the attacking midfielder will dive into the box, whilst the wingers make space on the flanks. The Deep Lying Playmaker offers the return ball to midfield if the players aren't on.

There are a few bugs to complain about in FM11 but this ain't one of 'em ;)

Didnt once once call it a bug.

How do you know that there are no players available to pass to? Have you somehow seen any of my matches?

I have already mentioned that I play classic tactics.

I dont have the players for a 4-4-2 and want to play the 4-3-3 which i enjoy watching and is succesfull when my players pass rather than shoot from distance.

I appreciate all input, but please don't be so obnoxious as to believe the words you speak are gospel.

Is there an ETA for the next patch?

Read the forum. It's been made clear that SI have a patching schedule. I do believe it's stickied or at the top of the forum.

Patch 1 at release, patch 2 sometime around the new year and patch 3 March time. We may get a hotfix like the one near release but don't count on it.

Archived