Signing players... HELP!

I scout players, make offers & then have to negotiate with player or agent. It goes like this:

1) The player/agent tells me the deal they want.

2) Salary(appears in pink) is always (& I mean ALWAYS!) way more than my board will allow me to offer.

3) I have to (drastically) reduce to what I can offer & try to tweak up other deals(goals scored, appearances, etc.).

4) What I bring to the table is always way too little & I have to withdraw.

NO DEAL!

Same with contract renewals.

I simply cannot get into this element of the game & it's ruining my whole experience.

I think I am missing something!

Can anyone give me any helpful tips how to get players renewed & new ones signed.

Thanks!

Which team?

How long have you been at the club?

Has your wage budget been increased at any time this season?

I had this problem at Boavista, and so I asked for more wage budget. Even though I was still over wage budget, I was able to tie down key players, as the board let me pay up to 1.1k for key players. I am top of Liga Orangina (Portuguese 2nd league) in season 2, after wnning Second Division central (Portuguese 3rd league) in season 1, and 5 million in debt, but that should be cancelled after a few years in Liga Sagres.

Your scout will give you an indication of what the player wants to earn. Some players will simply be out of your league.

You can always negotiate a little, by making your initial offer in the region of his current wages and work up from there.

You can always offer the agent a bit more money, and saving some on the players wage.

When renewing players contracts: the less months they have left on their contract, the more likely they will accept lower offers.

I am managing Evian in French L2, but problem also appears with another game (Salamanca SP L2) I started to check this feature.

I have a big enough wage budget but the board limits are very low. I get ne leeway to entice a good player in with an above average salary. Seems like all the teams have an "Arsenal" type salary cap restriction.

Anyway, I can only pick up crappy players with the salery limits I am being imposed.

This is a serious flaw for me.

Archived