ByteShield-10 Help? box pops up and doesnt start game?

Hi all,

I just bought this game on a website where you buy the game and get an instant download. Its downloaded and installed and they emailed me a verification code. When i try to start the game a red box comes up called BYTE SHIELD and presumably this is the company that handles the registration codes?

The box however has no where to put a code and does nothing other than sit on my screen while FM11 fails to start. I dont know how to get it to work or get round this?

Before anyone asks i paid 26.99 for the game and it is a perfectly legally purchased version.

Thank you for any help,

Cheers

Yes but it does not answer my problem, my problem is something is making the byteshield box come up with nothing in it. It is just a red rectangle with no information instructions text or fields to put anythign into, it is just a red box with a header on it saying byteshield activation.

Its doing my head in, have emailed byteshield but no reply as of yet. Wanting to play the game but cant cos the stupid thing isnt working! Was much better back in the day when you didnt need this stupid activation codes...

Essentially i have exhausted alll possible fixes and looked through each individual post on the sticky at the top and tried all fixes suggested. Not one of these has worked, i have updated my direct X and evertything.

As far as i am concerned i have spent 30 quid on a game that simply doesnt work. ByteShield quite clearly are a pathetic excuse of a company that clearly have no idea of how to operate and ahve never heard the term customer service.

I see no way of fixing the problem, asit is a digital download i cannot get my money back and SEGA seem virtually out of ideas.

I am disgusted that SEGA such a big company would use a company such as BYTESHIELD for a franchise as big as FM

I would like a fix for this extremely qiuckly as it is pathetic for SEGA to expect people to pay for a game they cant use, they may have tried to find a fix but because they clearly havent for all situations am i expected to just say oh well its just 30 quid?

This is starting to make me extremely angry now

Hi mate. I have no idea how to fix your problem but I feel I need to say this. I use the digital downloaded version with Byteshield and I have no problem with it. All I can suggest is you try disable UAC (I assume you're running Windows 7/Vista?) and try then. I never have UAC running and I never have any of the problems some people post up.

PS: I hope it's ok to have an external link here. If not I apologize.

~Cheers lads, i find it stupid that SEGA use a company that a lot of pepople are cearly having problems with.

It shouldnt be like this.

And thanks i already have UAC disabled, have tried it both enabled and disabled and no fix!!!

I'm closing this thread - as ANY and ALL ByteShield related problems should be posted in the thread created specifically for 'ByteShield' problems - stickied at the top of the forum index.

I have posted some questions to that thread that I would like you to answer please and we'll ensure you get up and running ASAP.

Archived