I feel like I cheated

I'm Arsenal and I was playing spurs in the fa cup semi final, they beat me after extra time. Then I continued out of the game a shortly after got a crash dump (second scince I got game on release day). i autosave every week but unfortunaly had to replay the cup game, which I won 2-0 after playing the same team, and now it doesn't feel right and for the first time I will be rooting for the other team in the cup final. Thats the only way I'll be happy again.

sam thing happened to me. Terrible start of the season, in the bottom 3 after 10 games when i had my crash. last save i'd made was on the eve of the season so i booted it up and started again. Got off to a cracking start and won promotion!

But it does feel a little bit weird and hollow like I cheated, even though I know rationally I didn't. Not really sure what the answer is!

Don't worry about it. The crash is out of your control, as far as I'm concerned, if the game crashes, whatever happened between the last autosave and the crash never happened - whether it was a win, loss, or draw. I put it out of my mind as quickly as I can, and continue from the autosave as if it never happened.

I've had this happen a couple of times but it worked against me. For example, I beat Chelsea 3-1 in the cup, crash dumped just after, had to replay and lost 2-0. I think you just have to accept it's gonna happen on those rare occasions and it might work against you at some point too. It'll balance out eventually! Laws of the universe and all that...

On FM10, I once lost 3-2 AET in a Cup final as Corinthians. I clicked continue, and it said I won 7-6 on a penalty shoot-out. I then rewatched the match, and it was still 3-2 AET. But I still won. Very odd. If it happens on FM11, I'll take print screens and show you all.

This also happened to me in FM10, but I had actually won and when I continued the game it said that I lost on penalties, WTF?! That was one of the few times I've actually reloaded the game.

Don't worry about it. The crash is out of your control, as far as I'm concerned, if the game crashes, whatever happened between the last autosave and the crash never happened - whether it was a win, loss, or draw. I put it out of my mind as quickly as I can, and continue from the autosave as if it never happened.

Exactly this. I agree.

It hasn't happened to me often, and never for a massively important game fortunately, but when it does happen, this is my attitude.

Whatever happened before is gone. You go on and play the match just as you would do normally and accept whatever the result is.

I guess it all boils down to how you feel about your particular save. My best ever save in FM is the one in which I CHEATED to the maximum. Managed to bring Ronaldinho, Messi and Bojan to Marseille and dominated European football, made Ronnie my assistant manager and saw him move on to become the Chelsea manager. I did same with Messi, Anelka and Kameni. However, I reloaded and changed stats so many times. That was on FM 08 and I still play that save...(in 2032 now).

I did not cheat on FM 09 or FM 11, but I am very successful. I have won the French league and the CL, but THIS feels hollow. While I enjoy winning matches, what I really want is FANTASY. I want my football world to be unique. I can't have it both ways and I decided I will never let go of my FM 08 save, and will never cheat on other saves.

Back to the issue at hand, I think you should reload and game and make sure you lose if you want fairness.

Personally if something like this happens I use something like FMRTE to recreate the reasult.

So for example, if I won 2-0 then I would us FMRTE to reduce the condition of a number of my oppositions first team players to a point where they couldn't play, and therefore the team I was playing against would be weaker than normal, and I would win by roughly the same result as before.

On the other hand, if we lost then I would set up a formation that would let me drop a couple of goals behind early (playing 10 players on the wings, that kind of thing), and then switch to playing the game normally to try and get the result the same as it was before the crash.

Opposite happened 2 me, playing in a QF Champions Lge vs Real Madrid and i`m winning 2-0 in 1st leg (im spurs) after 50mins

then the 'misses' starts whinin about the time 2 go somewhere so i had 2 quit till the next day...........Next day arrives and i draw 2-2 and lose on away goals :(

damn wags.

Archived