Snubbed

Finally I have managed to reach World Class reputation after guiding Celtic to two Spl titles , two scottish cups, 1 euro cup and 1 league cup after 2 seasons. The Juventus and Inter jobs became available, and i applied for them only to be rejected for two managers with national reputations, Claudio Gentile and Davide Ballardini. Registered interest in Man City, No chance is what was pratically said. Then i registered interest in West Ham and still the same. Does anyone have a clue how this is happening ? or will i have to win another spl or 2 to finally get the chance to go to someone like Juve ?

Depends on how you look at it, I think that's quite realistic, look at Martin O'Neill, won everything in Scotland with Celtic, and took them to a UEFA final, over the course of a few years. Yet when he took another job, it was with Aston Villa, and he had substantial success with Leicester (considering their size), so maybe take a mid table job in another country to build up your reputation. It's not difficult to win stuff with the Old Firm in Scotland.

Archived