outside stadium scenes?

How exactly does one go about seeing these? The option is ticked, I've tried all match camera views, and nothing. I've only ever seen the stadium interiors, and never the road/shops/whatever that I'd seen in a preview of the game.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

You can sort of see them in a couple of views but you never get a clear sight of what there is. They're nice but they're really just there to add some more aesthetic appeal to the game and to make you feel like you're there.

There appears to be a few different scenes from what I can tell;

The shops with a road in front of them,

Some northern English style terraced housing backing on to the ground (have a look at someone like Chesterfield's ground on Google Earth - at least I think it was Chesterfield's that had terraces backing on. It was someone around there),

A river, or at least it's labelled river in the game directory,

A block of flats that borders the length of the pitch,

A grassy area with a road.

I can't tell for sure but I think the game seems to have some idea where the ground is situated and has the outside scenes for it, i.e if a ground is in a built up area then there'll be shops and so around it. If it is surrounded by grass it may, and I say may, mean that you could well get extension permission. The stands that you see definitely seem to be based on the ground descriptions.

Oh, I just thought it's possible you meant you can't see them because they're not displaying. That I don't know other than I believe there's an option to display art in preferences.

You might find something in the bugs section if someone else has asked, or try the common problems thread.

I posted all those thoughts on the outside scenes and it wa sprobably for no reason. :)

I see them all the time w/TV view...but they're the wrong ones. Not that I expect SI to have a GoogleEarth 3D representation of the area around my fictional stadium, but the r/l town I'm in the middle of has a population of ~6000...and I've got the river. The Siene is 2 miles from my pitch...wish the editor had a means of selecting which outside view is to be used for the stadium...

And to the OP: What is your Graphic Details level? Mine's set to high.

If all your graphics boxes are checked, thus seeming to you you can't get any higher detail, then I don't know what to say...except suggest the bugs forum with screenies of you having a featureless area outside your stadium and your display options screen, and your computer vitals (processor, graphics card, ram, etc...)

Oh, and I've assumed you're playing FM11... ;)

Yeah, was wondering about that response, lol...

Regardless, can I ask what view you've used to even catch a glimpse of these exterior scenes?

Behind corner gives a nice view on occaison. You get a very nice view of the detail on the flats with that. Also the high view that I can't recall the name of without having the game running. Not the top down, but the camera up really high.

Hope you get your problem sorted.

Archived