PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Henrik4
10-11-2005, 06:10
I would like you to post new ideas about FM.
I think that our ideas can help SI and SEGA to make FM even better.

supa_smiffy
10-11-2005, 06:10
I'd like Sigames to ban all ****wits who fail to search before creating threads.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/3672033571

DJdeMarco
10-11-2005, 06:14
Originally posted by supa_smiffy:
I'd like Sigames to ban all ****wits who fail to search before creating threads.

http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DannyT2k
10-11-2005, 09:43

********, if he has an opinion he should just say it. Why should he look through 200 threads first? Not everyone is as anal as you, or cares.

dn6603
10-11-2005, 09:45
Originally posted by DannyT2k:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by supa_smiffy:

********, if he has an opinion he should just say it. Why should he look through 200 threads first? Not everyone is as anal as you, or cares. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree completely, plus the search feature isnt exactly top class.

supa_smiffy
10-11-2005, 09:47
At the time of posting my previous message the thread I linked was literally four places down.

DannyT2k
10-11-2005, 09:56
At the time of posting my previous message the thread I linked was literally four places down.

Doesn't matter. If he wants his own thread then he can have it.

supa_smiffy
10-11-2005, 09:58
Then I suggest you and he go and read the rules.

Pawel_lfc
10-11-2005, 10:48
Those are some nice features boys.

Cheese On Toast
10-11-2005, 10:51
Originally posted by DannyT2k:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by supa_smiffy:

Doesn't matter. If he wants his own thread then he can have it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah but him making a new thread when there is already one open just pushes other threads down which need more help than this one

DannyT2k
11-11-2005, 16:07
So reply to the other one and push his down. It's not rocket science.

cjnwa
11-11-2005, 18:51
Originally posted by Pawel_lfc:
Those are some nice features boys. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Melb Victory
11-11-2005, 21:55
Should be a top game - FM 2007.

flipsix3
11-11-2005, 22:46
Personally I was thinking that FM2007 should have a feature in it that is only active for the first six weeks and allows you to play the game but, at the same time, type in what you'd like to see in FM2014 and it posts it to these forums for you! http://www.hfboards.com/images/smilies/angryfire.gif

flipsix3
11-11-2005, 22:49
Sorry, probably the wrong thing to do there but I just find it amazing that these threads pop up (multiple times) so early in the life of the previous incarnation.

I know everyone starts playing and there are those that immediately have gripes, whines, or genuinely positive suggestions, but I just find it incredible how quickly they can 'move on' from what has just hit the shelves

Pim1984
12-11-2005, 03:23
Originally posted by Pawel_lfc:
Those are some nice features boys.

Ter
12-11-2005, 03:34
Originally posted by flipsix3:
Sorry, probably the wrong thing to do there but I just find it amazing that these threads pop up (multiple times) so early in the life of the previous incarnation.

I know everyone starts playing and there are those that immediately have gripes, whines, or genuinely positive suggestions, but I just find it incredible how quickly they can 'move on' from what has just hit the shelves

The sooner the better really. If it's left until we 'announce' the game then we've already decided what is going to be in it so there aren't likely to be any major additions on top of that.

Ideas for the future are always welcome

flipsix3
12-11-2005, 03:35
Fair comment http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

blarney-stone
12-11-2005, 04:03
Originally posted by flipsix3:

haha, I'm sure SI don't mind a month after one is out we're already looking forward to buying the next one. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

acidmonkey
20-01-2006, 05:10
something i would like
when offerd a contract from a different club for example im liverpool and real madrid offer me the job i want a option on Sack ass man and bring current one with me

FrazT
20-01-2006, 05:24
The facility when you have used your 3 subs to drag a player who is injured or one with the dreaded green cross to the side of the pitch to take no further part in the game.

bigdunk
20-01-2006, 06:01
Originally posted by FrazT:
The facility when you have used your 3 subs to drag a player who is injured or one with the dreaded green cross to the side of the pitch to take no further part in the game.

I thought you could do this already? I can't remember exactly how though, I think you have to make a fourth sub and it pops up a warning message giving you the choice to withdraw the player instead or something.

Airwolf23
20-01-2006, 06:04
As above is the way I get a player off. I think I did it once (when all 3 subs had been used) but forget how.

dmxdex2020
20-01-2006, 06:38
Id like to see less bugs for the finished version delay it if ya have too SI. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FrazT
20-01-2006, 07:34
Originally posted by bigdunk:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrazT:

I thought you could do this already? I can't remember exactly how though, I think you have to make a fourth sub and it pops up a warning message giving you the choice to withdraw the player instead or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks- will try this next time it happens.

Kyle Jenner
20-01-2006, 07:39
the option to buy a youngster then loan em back to the club for a year as part of the season... or can you already do this?

Ackter
20-01-2006, 07:40
Originally posted by Ter:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flipsix3:

The sooner the better really. If it's left until we 'announce' the game then we've already decided what is going to be in it so there aren't likely to be any major additions on top of that.

Ideas for the future are always welcome </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and preferably in separate threads.

Ackter
20-01-2006, 07:41
Originally posted by Kyle Jenner:
the option to buy a youngster then loan em back to the club for a year as part of the season... or can you already do this?

no you can't.

hjfh
20-01-2006, 07:43
I would like to see the following -
The Ryman Southern and Northern premiers.
Luton Town a good club.
Pre match team talks.
More to do with training, such as viewing players train to help your squad selection.
Other angles to view matches with, (CM is putting this into the game)
Less silly transfers, such as Manyoo signing Gudjohnson for 40million£.

That would all be nice!

displaced_seagull
20-01-2006, 09:05
Ryman, Dr Martens and Unibond Leagues
County Cup Competitions
Dave C's Scouting suggestions

Just those three would be fine tbh.

Dave C
20-01-2006, 09:12
Originally posted by acidmonkey:
something i would like
when offerd a contract from a different club for example im liverpool and real madrid offer me the job i want a option on Sack ass man and bring current one with me

You go to your current AM, sack him, then hire your old one. Why do you need a button to do it for you?

You can't just ignore the financial aspects of this stuff because it suits you to do so.

azenona
20-01-2006, 09:12
the return of the old CM player search filter, where you can specify x amount of y attributes to filter out. why was it ever removed?

Gundo
20-01-2006, 09:13
Managers second nationality option and some other new things to add to your manager profile screen setup? http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Jay-is-ssoag
20-01-2006, 09:29
Originally posted by azenona:
the return of the old CM player search filter, where you can specify x amount of y attributes to filter out. why was it ever removed?

you can still do this i think but its done differently you have to customize filter.

Twister26
20-01-2006, 09:53
less disallowed goals, chelsea getting less penalties.

ColinZeal
20-01-2006, 17:57
Support for 64bit cpus. Please?

treen007
20-01-2006, 18:08
Originally posted by ColinZeal:
Support for 64bit cpus. Please?

yea, lets unlock that potential!

always_dreaming
20-01-2006, 19:12
How about being able to pick a player for my national team because is mothers, fathers, sisters, husband, nana once took a mystery trip to that country...therefore making him eligeble to play for my team.....just like real lifehttp://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

always_dreaming
20-01-2006, 19:27
I'd like to see my chairman (freddy shephard springs to mind) put pressure on me to fine players, like if they fight or bring shame on the club.

To be honest the game is more or less perfect to me, sure there are bugs that need working on, but I think as for the game plan, it's faultless.

bearsy
21-01-2006, 02:07
Agents agents agents!!

They are an integral part of football today and as this series aims to simulate the real life footballing world i find it amazing that agents are still barely in the game!

The only involvment that i can see in agents is to occasionally send u a clip of a player, or invite you to make an offer...and even thats only once every other season at best. Or simply having the agent mentioned when carrying out contract negotiations is not enough.

You should be able to contact agents of footballers to see if they'd be interested in joining as is the norm in modern day football, regardless of whether its legal or not! They should also play a part in making the player unhappy, and hence reducing the asking price or at least increase the willingness of the team to sell to you.

alcedo
21-01-2006, 02:48
If there was a way to run leagues below a certain level (of a country with Normal detail leagues already selected) as basic detail I would love it. Something like:

Premiership to League One- Normal detail
League Two to Conference - Basic detail
Conference North/South - Not selected

Would be nice, seeing as we already have basic leagues, though I'm not sure if its doable.

monsterhyde2
21-01-2006, 03:36
Just a thought but for future versions of the game maybe si wants to put a difficulty level on the game. That way they will not alienate their consumers and my stress levels will come down.

You could have an easy (youth team) level, a back to the old days when you did'nt really need to know a great deal about trg or tactics and still have a little success.

Then a moderate (reserve team) level, a basic knowledge of both required to be able to enjoy some glory.

Finally a fm 2006/7 (first team) level, a Fifa coaching badge, a masters degree in sports science and the time available to watch every minute of everygame for any chance of any success what so ever. Even then be prepared to have it all ripped away with a 45yrd screamer to the top corner in the last minute.

Maybe then i might feel like playing the game i love at the level that's pitched for me. No one could complain because they would just be told to go and play it on the easier level that's more appropriate to their management abilities.

The newbies can get a foot hold in the game without having to spent a life time searching forums for scraps of advice on how not to get thrashed.

The moderate user that's played the game for a while but has not the time or maybe the effort can still enjoy the game.

Finally the tactical genius's and die hard fans of the game will have a level that will drive their cogs into overdrive.

In all one game that is for everyone

Dave C
21-01-2006, 03:50
Originally posted by monsterhyde2:
Just a thought but for future versions of the game maybe si wants to put a difficulty level on the game.

Never going to happen.

SI have said they have ideas as to how to make things easier for new gamers (being able to solicit staff advice on every aspect of the game strikes me as a logical one), but difficulty levels are just nonsensical in game like this.

sirdez24
21-01-2006, 04:00
Originally posted by Kyle Jenner:

This is something I really want to see as well. For example, if you're buying a stand out youngster from a team in a lower division, as an incentive (like a sell on fee or a buy back price) you should be able to give them the option of being able to take the player back on loan for another 12 months or so.

The other thing I would like is the ability to release a media comment pushing a player for international selection in the media if they are uncapped and performing above a certain rating.

smacksim
21-01-2006, 04:15
Originally posted by Dave C:
[QUOTE][...] but difficulty levels are just nonsensical in game like this.

Because its so focused on 'realism'?

Some day I'll do a full review of FM for some strategy game sites, and one of the things I'll be 'whining' about will be the focus on 'realism', often at the expense of either sense or fun. Don't get me wrong; I think FM2006 is one of the best strategy games I've ever played, but I think some priorities need sorting out.

For instance, its 'realistic' to have scouts at a club. But if you're going to implement this, they should be either realistic or usefully fun, and hopefully both, when they are currently neither. How can one suggest that "We have to have scouts because to just use a player list wouldn't be realistic" and then keep the Player Search feature anyways? There are a lot of anachronisms and broken bits in the game that either should be wiped clean in 2007 or 2008, or actually made useful.

1. Scouts (should do something useful and/or realistic).

2. Manager Profile (should do something useful and/or realistic).

3. Tactics should be made useful without consulting an (unavailable) Rosetta Stone of slider translations.

4. Tactics should be realistic, but most importantly, FUN to use. IE, they should be the tactical element in a strategy game, not the mystery meat in a simulation game.

5. Tactical gameplay should give some feedback to the player about what is working and what is not. Don't tell me that one should:
a. "Watch the matches in Full, then you'll see" or
b. "Analyse the match/player stats correctly, then you'll know"
because as a former coach and longtime strategist I must say to these suggestions "Phooey!. Since we don't know how to change our player's behaviors with the mystery sliders, we can't gradually approach a fine-tuning of tactics. The strategic learning curve here is disturbingly absent."

6. Improve the 'Notes' feature so that:
a. You don't have to click twice just to make a note or look one up. This, and note organization, should be handled auto-magically by our invisible computerized secretaries. Notes on players should appear when you have a screen open with said players, and notes should be available to be kept automatically (Click to make a note of every Key Pass made during the match, for example).
b. Notes and training can work in conjunction to create a useful and 'pretty' html journal or blog to be read while away from the game and shared online to boost SI's profile and profits.
c. Did I mention that Notes should be made more useful?

7. My personal suggestion is to add both difficulty levels and a bit more 'gaminess' to the game such as:
a. Fictional uses for your salary would add long-term goals for the computer game player and make the game a little more competetive between people, which would increase its popularity severalfold.
b. Fictional 'bust-ups' and other shennanigans at a club or between clubs, with press, or whatever.

8. Some day, make a 3D graphics engine, even if this means selling your 'engine' to a current game and partnering. The year you do this, hire a new Management for your own company and buy stock, 'cause your **** will sell like the crack we all know it is already, those of us who don't need the 'pretty factor' to enjoy it.

Tha's a few.

Dave C
21-01-2006, 04:31
Originally posted by smacksim:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave C:
[QUOTE][...] but difficulty levels are just nonsensical in game like this.

Because its so focused on 'realism'? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to p*** on your chips following your lengthy reply (which actually contains some total nonsense, but I can't be bothered with that right now), but no. Believe me, there's not a single person on these forums that has more in-depth critique of the game under his belt than me. So "realism" is not my reasoning.

My reasoning is very simple. How do you put difficulty levels in? Exactly what do you do that makes it "easier"? There isn't some underlying number in the game that sets difficulty, just hundreds of different parameters.
You would have to basically re-code the entire game twice over to create the realism levels. It's not a case of just ignoring tactics, giving a player loads of money etc. You have to make your human AI less reliant on you and the computer AI more stupid. Which means completely re-programming the game.

The time and effort required just isn't justified by any potential income growth. You'd waste all your coding time doing that, then not have time to improve anything else, so you'd lose a lot of your existing users. Any potential gains are therefore off-set.

It's nothing to do with concerns over the realism, its to do with concerns over what is actually useful and valid development. And for the volume of work required, difficulty levels don't cut the mustard, not when you can simply add feedback to give more help to new users.

Macca_SAFC
21-01-2006, 04:33
Originally posted by displaced_seagull:
County Cup Competitions

Plus the National XI and that's all I really want. Would love to lift the Surrey Senior Cup with Woking. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Laxly
21-01-2006, 04:33
For instance, its 'realistic' to have scouts at a club. But if you're going to implement this, they should be either realistic or usefully fun, and hopefully both, when they are currently neither. How can one suggest that "We have to have scouts because to just use a player list wouldn't be realistic" and then keep the Player Search feature anyways? There are a lot of anachronisms and broken bits in the game that either should be wiped clean in 2007 or 2008, or actually made useful.

dont get me started on removal of the player search screen !!!!

displaced_seagull
21-01-2006, 05:11
Originally posted by Macca_SAFC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by displaced_seagull:
County Cup Competitions

Plus the National XI and that's all I really want. Would love to lift the Surrey Senior Cup with Woking. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, the National Game XI as well, especially with the Home International Tournement now.

Scoham
21-01-2006, 06:10
Originally posted by Jay-is-ssoag:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by azenona:

you can still do this i think but its done differently you have to customize filter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It makes it too easy to find the perfect player for your team.

smacksim
21-01-2006, 07:02
Not to p*** on your chips following your lengthy reply (which actually contains some total nonsense, but I can't be bothered with that right now), but no. Believe me, there's not a single person on these forums that has more in-depth critique of the game under his belt than me. So "realism" is not my reasoning.

My reasoning is very simple. How do you put difficulty levels in? Exactly what do you do that makes it "easier"? There isn't some underlying number in the game that sets difficulty, just hundreds of different parameters.
You would have to basically re-code the entire game twice over to create the realism levels. It's not a case of just ignoring tactics, giving a player loads of money etc. You have to make your human AI less reliant on you and the computer AI more stupid. Which means completely re-programming the game.

The time and effort required just isn't justified by any potential income growth. You'd waste all your coding time doing that, then not have time to improve anything else, so you'd lose a lot of your existing users. Any potential gains are therefore off-set.

It's nothing to do with concerns over the realism, its to do with concerns over what is actually useful and valid development. And for the volume of work required, difficulty levels don't cut the mustard, not when you can simply add feedback to give more help to new users.
First off, my chips are perfectly fine and don't need any sauce, thank you very much http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I don't mind that you don't agree with me or that I guessed incorrectly about your reasoning. It just reminded me of one of my chief complaints with the game and its loyal band of merry followers (myself included).

As to your reasoning for no difficulty levels:

Oh come on. Do you code? Having difficulty levels wouldn't be all that tough. I would like SI to comment on why they have never implemented them, and I'll place my bets on it having to do with realism rather than difficulty implementing. And, its just not a high priority.

Ordinarily I'd agree with the no-diff-levels approach for this type of game, seeing as there are (or should be) opportunities to increase difficulty already in the game by choosing difficult sides, making 'house rules' against using the Player Search, etc.., but this isn't an ordinary situation: As the game is, its simply too poorly documented or tutorial-ized and lacking in tactics feedback for the average user to make reasonable headway in improving their overall game.

The guesswork of Neonlights and WWFan in the Tactics section highlights the nearly impenetrable matrix of calculations that determine how tactics operate in the match engine. This isn't to say that it can't be done; That a lot of solid study of the game and digestion of online discussion will not allow one to improve. I'm suggesting that its simply too much to expect the average user to have the time or patience for that, and that consequently something should be done about it.

Ideally, I agree with you: Make the game easier to comprehend in these departments. A 'Match Analysis Engine' to point out to the user that their 'Forward Runs often and Hold the Ball Up commands are conflicting' (for example) would greatly benefit in this department. But ask a coder which is easier to do for a data-driven game: Make difficulty levels OR make data-analysis and delivery tools for the end user. I can tell you which I think would get done first! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

About what you can't be bothered replying to, but which you think is 'nonsense': The topic is what we each think would improve the game. We don't have to agree. I'd certainly enjoy hearing about why you disagree though http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

Milan-
21-01-2006, 07:41
First, two small "fixes" for the for the "match menus" (or whatever they are called):

- When a player is substituted, make so not only his name is "greyed out" in the home/away stats screen, but also his stats.
- In the split view when you are showing the pitch, make so that you can see numbers on the players as you can when viewing the pitch in "full screen".

Here's one for "the board":

- When you e.g. let them know you feel that the clubs training facilites should be improved, don't just have them tell you how they agree (or don't agree), have them make up plans for this.
Then it could say in something like "the clubs training facilities will be improved during the summer", or "the clubs stadiums seating capacity is planned to be increased by 1200 seats sometime in the coming season", and stuff like that.
Sometimes it feels like they are promising stuff which never happens, this improvement to the "board-manager communication" would change that.

An improvement to scouting:

- Perhaps you could assign a scout to follow a player (or perhaps a club, or several players in one area), and have them follow the players development over some time.
"Young player blablabla has been making real progress in his technique lately, he might become a reallly good player for the club".

This could also work in another way:
- You ask the scout to go find you a "young midfield playmaker from Northern Europe, and he has six months to do it". He then goes to Northern Europe, finds some players who looks interesting (as it works now), but then instead of just recommending them to you right away, he follows a few of those players until the six months are over, and writes you a report on players he recommend.

I'm not really sure what the best way to do it would be, but I just think it would be really good if a scout would not just recommend you players "out of the blue", but instead watch them over a period of time and then recommend them.

monsterhyde2
21-01-2006, 12:15
I'm no computer programmer or mathmatician but from what I can gather the match engine is run on a series of calculations?

So for each difficulty level the player has more control over the amount the AI has to calculate.
For beginner levels you only offer basics in the tactics, training and add in extra bits so the backroom staff offer more advice in other areas that add to the complexety of the game.

Then as the levels go up the game player is in control of more of the different variables.

Surely this then makes a game for all. As you get more competent you can up the levels. The game play would increase ten fold.

I'm sorry but anyone who thinks that playing with a bigger team makes the game easier must be playing a different game to me.

Yes you have the ability to attract better players and money is easier to come by but that means nothing without having the understanding of training and tactics. Plus add into the equation the half time team talks and dealing with players morale and already your talking hours of trial and error or searching for advice on forums like these.

I love the game but have started to feel that to enjoy playing it I have to become some guru of the game. Sitting down for hours analising it. This is fine for those that love doing that and that have the time.

But I have a life away from this game and play it like many to act the fantasy of football management. I don't to have to put in the hours thay do and still have to pay £20+ for the joy.

Shah Gangster
01-03-2006, 02:08
I think it better if Total Club Manager, Championship Manager, LMA Manager and Football Manager roll into 1, will be the best game ever!

josdekrosser
01-03-2006, 03:08
My suggestions are based upon creating a more realistic transfer market.

-Better scouting/training/youth system would be a great improvement:
Big clubs should have a scouting network/infrastructure and all clubs should have an option to improve there network. It should be a very expensive upgrade, i'm talking about 100 million euro investments, that only pay of in a long period of time.
For example, IRL Ajax have a scouting/training infrastructure that allows them to get hold of the best talents in (South) Africa, and they invest money in clubs like Ajax Cape Town. As a manager/club you should be able to arrange contracts with satellite clubs to get certain advantages when you want to bring a talent from their clubs to your team. In exchange you invest money in their training/youth facilities.

-Some clubs have history of scouting in certain regions. It would be cool if they are better at scouting in these regions and much worse in others, unless they invest in the other regions.
For example PSV have attracted a lot of brazilian talents that became/ will become big players: romario, ronaldo, alex, gomes, robert

-Clubs have to protect their talents better, if they are financially able. Why sell your best talent for 1 million when they will be worth 5 in a year or two. Or they should atleast try to get future transfer percentage clauses.

-Experience should be a factor that affects the ratings of a player and their value aswell. Playing (well) in the champions league should give a boost to value and experience.

-Older players should be expensive because of their experience. In fm2006 older players are very cheap. As a result the transfers for older players are very unrealistic. They go to small clubs and play untill they are 38 or so.

-Loyal players should go back to their old club for a year or 2 and perhaps get a role in the club as non-player.

In my opinion this should make the transfer market more realistic and it's much more fun to play the game till 2015 or so.

faithnomore
01-03-2006, 06:43
i agree with josdekrosser the transfer market has 2 become more realistic also like a few peeps have already suggested the scounts need to be better, i got a scount to look at torres and he scouted torres in a match against real madrid which torres scored 2 winning goals to beat real 4-2 and my scout came back and said "he isnt good enough"

faltering fullback
01-03-2006, 06:54
a 2nd clock running down the time added on. just in case you miss it on the text.

playmaker
01-03-2006, 07:30
Dave C's assessment of the complexity of adding difficulty levels is spot on.

Where do you make it easier? The match engine? Training? Transfers? Morale?

Let's say the match engine. This contains thousands of individual calculations, so for every single one you have to alter the AI. It's taken 4 years or more to get one difficulty level right.

Training is similarly affected - there are many things that affect the calculations (training schemes, coaches stats, player determination, age). If young players get better quicker, you have to make sure old players still get worse, otherwise you upset the balance of the game and teams end up with an average age of 35!

Each section of the game has similar consequences to changes. Not forgetting that they have knock on effects to each other. The last 3 or 4 years of debugging would be worthless.

Shah Gangster
02-03-2006, 09:13
1. Scouts (realistic)

2. Manager (T.C.M Style buy your own house, car, own club etc.. If don't want this and ask why? where the money go to when we manage club?)

3. Ranks ( Roman Abramovich isn't chairman he's owner, so I think - Owner, Chairman, etc...

4. Finances ( T.C.M style borrow money, investment in bank, etc...

5. Stadium (Adding 3D stadium in game will bring new levels. T.C.M style add seats, etc...

6. Youth (T.C.M style, youth camps everywhere in the world like feeder club.

7. Leagues (More leagues outside europe, more english leagues like Kent League.)

8. Media (T.C.M style, after the match the media talk to you at Press Conference.

9. Money League (Like Real Madrid are now richest team in the world, then Man Utd etc...

10. Sponsorship (There should be sponsors for clubs and players like Beckham, he's got Adidas and etc...

Ackter
02-03-2006, 09:18
then why don't you play TCM?

faltering fullback
02-03-2006, 09:18
Originally posted by Shah Gangster:
1. Scouts (realistic)

2. Manager (T.C.M Style buy your own house, car, own club etc.. If don't want this and ask why? where the money go to when we manage club?)

3. Ranks ( Roman Abramovich isn't chairman he's owner, so I think - Owner, Chairman, etc...

5. Stadium (Adding 3D stadium in game will bring new levels. T.C.M style add seats, etc...

7. Leagues (More leagues outside europe, more english leagues like Kent League.)

8. Media (T.C.M style, after the match the media talk to you at Press Conference.

9. Money League (Like Real Madrid are now richest team in the world, then Man Utd etc...

10. Sponsorship (There should be sponsors for clubs and players like Beckham, he's got Adidas and etc...

http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

crazybeat
02-03-2006, 09:20
1. Scouts (realistic)

1 is obvious and only number 6 is a particularly useful addition.

Ackter
02-03-2006, 09:21
2. is rediculous
4. is not anything to do with the manager
5. is nothing to do with the manager
10. not possible due to legal and licensing issues.

Shah Gangster
02-03-2006, 09:24
You cannot beat Football Manager by playing T.C.M, but T.C.M isn't that good as Football Manager, so I just giving ideas in FM 2007.

T.C.M is boring to Football Manager

crazybeat
02-03-2006, 09:27
Exactly, so why take so many TCM features to FM?

happywill84
02-03-2006, 09:28
1. Scouts (realistic)

Hopefully they will be improved http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

Buy the sims http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon13.gif

Situations such as those at Chelsea and Hearts need to be modelled more realistically, just putting Abramovich as Chairman and giving them a huge bank balance is a massive over-simplification and misrepresentation http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

Not the manager's job at all http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon13.gif

Not really necessary http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon13.gif

. Youth (T.C.M style, youth camps everywhere in the world like feeder club.

Don't really know what you mean by that, but I'm getting the feeling you have a think for TCM, maybe you should take Ackter's advice?

I don't think any more leagues are necessary or would add much to the game, certainly not the Kent league! http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon13.gif

Maybe, but only after important games or it would be too repetitive, and I don't know what TCM style is...

Might be interesting to look at occasionally, btu again, not very important.

Who cares if it's Nike or Adidas or whichever other company? Just the fact that your club receives sponsorship is enough.

CSF90
02-03-2006, 09:29
1. Scouts (realistic)

Very kind of you to mention those features... But we don't want a TCM style game, because in terms of actual football club management iit isn't actually that good.
Do what Ackter said.

Dave C
02-03-2006, 09:30
1. Scouts (realistic)

1.Glad you put some thought into it http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

2.Pointless

3.Yes, agreed, better modelling of board structures

4.Not the managers job

5.3D stadia pointless, cannot be done to sufficient depth and not the managers job

6.Youth needs work, but not anything like in TCM

7.The research is the issue

8.Expanded media is always welcome, but PCs get dull in games like this

9.Would be OK as an annual media piece

10.Pointless

CSF90
02-03-2006, 09:31
I swear there weren't two pages for this thread a second ago... oh well http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Shah Gangster
02-03-2006, 09:34
if you say no.2 is stupid, where does money go to when we manage a club? When we were offer contract by club, we must have something to do with money like club use money to buy, sell etc...

No.4 we not doing this, club doing this.
No.5 we just ask chairman or owner to expansion stadium.
No.10 fake sponsorship or real

Martin Allen
02-03-2006, 09:35
Originally posted by hjfh:
I would like to see the following -
The Ryman Southern and Northern premiers.
Luton Town a good club.
Pre match team talks.
More to do with training, such as viewing players train to help your squad selection.
Other angles to view matches with, (CM is putting this into the game)
Less silly transfers, such as Manyoo signing Gudjohnson for 40million£.

That would all be nice!

hey mate if you have any things you fell should be looked at for next year drop me an E mail at addy in profile or post in Luton thread in data forum I'm always open for sensible suggestions to improve data

Martin Allen
02-03-2006, 09:38
also my main suggestion hire Dave C to come in and tell SI every idea he has, the man has so many good ideas http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

happywill84
02-03-2006, 09:41
if you say no.2 is stupid, where does money go to when we manage a club? When we were offer contract by club, we must have something to do with money like club use money to buy, sell etc...

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo no no no no no nooooooooo noooooo nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I apologise, I've given up trying to argue against this logically, it's just such a bad, bad idea, there should be no need for argument.

Rock\'n\'Roll Star
02-03-2006, 09:42
I’d perhaps like SI to focus more on getting back the degree of playability that they’ve lost over time. Football Manager 2006’s a great game but it’s lost the pick up and play factor of its predecessors and one of the reasons why you’ve always had the market’s best managerial simulation is that you weren’t too realistic, don’t get me wrong here, realism is good but such features as not including a 3D match engine made the game original and inventive. I now feel there’s a growing sense of realism and can’t say I agree much with the half time talk feature etc. etc. The problem here is that there is now space in the market for a game of a similar nature to CM’s of yesteryear and sooner or later, it’s going to pop up, I personally think SI should try and concentrate on slimming down the game so that once more, you can play through seasons in mere days rather than weeks.

On another note, would be nice to see you going further down the league structures, especially with England.

Shah Gangster
02-03-2006, 09:45
Ok, I'm stoppin argument now, I apologise if I offend anyone.

I think Money League would be interesting to add. What you think?

Michael F
02-03-2006, 09:46

No.4 we not doing this, club doing this.
No.5 we just ask chairman or owner to expansion stadium.
No.10 fake sponsorship or real

the manager wage is like a job security thing, more money you are earning with longer contract means its harder to get sacked

happywill84
02-03-2006, 09:48
I’d perhaps like SI to focus more on getting back the degree of playability that they’ve lost over time. Football Manager 2006’s a great game but it’s lost the pick up and play factor of its predecessors and one of the reasons why you’ve always had the market’s best managerial simulation is that you weren’t too realistic, don’t get me wrong here, realism is good but such features as not including a 3D match engine made the game original and inventive. I now feel there’s a growing sense of realism and can’t say I agree much with the half time talk feature etc. etc. The problem here is that there is now space in the market for a game of a similar nature to CM’s of yesteryear and sooner or later, it’s going to pop up, I personally think SI should try and concentrate on slimming down the game so that once more, you can play through seasons in mere days rather than weeks.

If a game like one of the CM3 series was released now it would just seem dated, as great as the games were 5 years ago.

Ok, I'm stoppin argument now, I apologise if I offend anyone.

I don't think anyone was offended!

Michael F
02-03-2006, 09:55
Originally posted by Rock'n'Roll Star:

On another note, would be nice to see you going further down the league structures, especially with England.

Please dont go 3D with FM

Shah Gangster
02-03-2006, 10:00
No 3D or others,

what will make it better for fm2007?

Michael F
02-03-2006, 10:12
Scouting (Dave C model)
Feeder Clubs (if done right)
Clauses in manager contract
Buy & loan back option for player transfers
Taking staff with you when you move clubs
Move Stadiums (fake name for stadiums though)

crazybeat
02-03-2006, 10:17
Originally posted by michaelfoster:
Scouting (Dave C model)
Feeder Clubs (if done right)
Clauses in manager contract
Buy & loan back option for player transfers
Taking staff with you when you move clubs
Move Stadiums (fake name for stadiums though)

These all sound good, and realtivly achievable for implementation. Improvements are what most people want as opposed to whole new features.

buceph
02-03-2006, 11:54
I don't like the idea of difficulty sliders, although I can see the appeal. I'd prefer to see an improved pointer system, with an improved ass man, also improved scouts would be central to this. The reason I would prefer this to sliders is because I want to learn how to use this game. Not by reading guides, but by playing it, even if it is with in game help.

I'd also like to see a better training academy aspect. You may even be able to start out as a coach there. I know I'll probably never see it, but being in charge of younger teams, with more emphasis on the training aspect, almost a side game, or make it into a tutorial.

Finally, a limited edition version. With a book, and a huge manual, and a big box and limited edition things!!!

09-03-2006, 10:19
1.Champions League ( Music Should Play when there standing in a line.)

2.Champions League ( players Should Enter Ground then go past each other shaking hands.)

3.National Football ( Should be the same as above, but National Anthems Instead.)

4.When Club Wins Trophy ( Possibly big pic of trophy fireworks going off behind, and your teams name on the trophy.

Thats All I can come up with for now,Game really good!

crazybeat
09-03-2006, 10:26
What will this add though? It's all cosmetic, and SI would have to pay for the license for the official music anyway.

Herter
09-03-2006, 11:04
Originally posted by MEOW192005:

2.Champions League ( players Should Enter Ground then go past each other shaking hands.)

3.National Football ( Should be the same as above, but National Anthems Instead.)

4.When Club Wins Trophy ( Possibly big pic of trophy fireworks going off behind, and your teams name on the trophy.

If there is a god then those suggestions WILL NEVER be a reality in FM...

MindVoyageX
09-03-2006, 16:40
I think it would be nice if fm2007 had a match engine that run with same speed each game. Im sick and tired watching fantastic pre-season friendlies where the match engine runs like a dream, good pace and smooth like a baby's ass.

When it comes to normal league games the match engine runs around 20% slower taking away all the explosiveness.

I tried the "processing fixtures" feature that doesnt seem to have any effect on this problem.

I remember in previous versions of the game the user had an option to prevent any other games running in the background making sure that the pace of the match engine was optimal. Please bring that option back.

happywill84
09-03-2006, 16:43
I remember in previous versions of the game the user had an option to prevent any other games running in the background making sure that the pace of the match engine was optimal. Please bring that option back.

You can still do that by setting processing fixtures to fastest. Only one or two games will be played whilst yours is happening.

If that doesn't work then you need to run less programs in the background or get a better PC!

MindVoyageX
10-03-2006, 09:42
Originally posted by happywill84:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I remember in previous versions of the game the user had an option to prevent any other games running in the background making sure that the pace of the match engine was optimal. Please bring that option back.

You can still do that by setting processing fixtures to fastest. Only one or two games will be played whilst yours is happening.

If that doesn't work then you need to run less programs in the background or get a better PC! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My PC has the power to produce explosive friendly matches so the problem is within the program.
When I set the processing fixture to fastest FM still play matches in the background. I conclude this because I can watch the "latest scores" of many other games that play at the same time. I simply want FM to include an option to pospone these matches while Im running my own match making sure it runs with the same speed as when I play friendlies.

I dont mind waiting for all the other matches being processed after my match is done.

happywill84
10-03-2006, 09:57
That's odd. Match speeds on mine are fine in friendly and competitive matches, no slow down or anything like that, runs very smoothly. When I set processing fixtures to fastest I could only see a couple of other scores from the games on at the same time.

There must be something going on with your computer though, even when I had my old celeron 2ghz the 2d matches were quick and smooth.

MindVoyageX
10-03-2006, 10:27
Originally posted by happywill84:
That's odd. Match speeds on mine are fine in friendly and competitive matches, no slow down or anything like that, runs very smoothly. When I set processing fixtures to fastest I could only see a couple of other scores from the games on at the same time.

There must be something going on with your computer though, even when I had my old celeron 2ghz the 2d matches were quick and smooth.

Yeah... its weird. What about highlights from other games, do they also run smooth? Mine seems to be using fewer frames per sec. than in my own games.

nick1408
10-03-2006, 10:29
i think that if SI make the with/without ball tactics then they should also make a home and away tactics screen(s) where both the home and away tactics could be set up at once so you didn't have to switch tactics before every match. i can't see this being a hard thing to develop into the game and i think it would be very beneficial.

also - and this is a minor thing - maybe a change of club presidents every now and then who can pump money in, take it away or leave the club running how it is going if they are happy with performances

gooner_101
10-03-2006, 10:58
Just one suggestion, i would really like to see (or hear) a good soundtrack whilst not playing games. Sometimes the silence is deafening!

happywill84
10-03-2006, 11:01
Just play your own music!

tartanhyena
10-03-2006, 11:52
How about the ability to become a reserve manager? FM already allows you to delegate your reserves to your own ass. man (generally useless at everything, however this has been mentioned countless times.) If you're a prominent manager in a lower league, then its quite plausible that a bigger club could hire you to look after the reserves.

Since all you're doing is picking a team, albeit not the top team, I don't think would be difficult to implement. Some nice features might be to be able to recommend players to the club's manager either to sign or to promote from your reserve team.

This would create some interesting decisions on career options. Is it better for a manager's career and profile to be assistant manager at say, Liverpool than manager of Hartlepool for example? I'm thinking of the situation at Leicester a few years back where they signed Micky Adams as assistant to the experienced Dave Bassett as I write this.

Although I think SI enabled Under 21 management at International level, I don't think being hired to look after a reserve (or U18 for that matter) side has been implemented yet. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, it might force SI to look at the role of the assistant in general, which,as has been previously noted, is of little benefit to the FM player as it stands.

dafuge
10-03-2006, 11:55
Portsmouth in the Premiership.

Ljc_21
24-03-2006, 15:31
i WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE MEDIA INTERACTION AFTER/BEFORE MATCHES
PRE MATCH TALKS
TAKING BACKROOM STAFF WHEN MOVE
IF ON A ROLLING CONTRACT OPTION TO REQUEST PERMANT CONTRACT

Michael F
24-03-2006, 15:44
Originally posted by Ljc_21:
i WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE MEDIA INTERACTION AFTER/BEFORE MATCHES
PRE MATCH TALKS
TAKING BACKROOM STAFF WHEN MOVE
IF ON A ROLLING CONTRACT OPTION TO REQUEST PERMANT CONTRACT

dont post in caps please http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon15.gif

Laxly
24-03-2006, 16:07
-My club diary idea implemented.

-Clubs more aware of their squads, what positions they need to strengthen.

-Improved scouting

-Player interaction

-Staff interaction

-Board interaction

-Fan interaction

-Media interaction

-Opposition player interaction

-Less money

-Tighter budgets

-Board aware of squad sizes

saintric_21
30-03-2006, 08:26
some great ideas on here! more interaction is definatley needed with players and staff.

One thing I would like to see is MANAGERS PLAYER OF THE YEAR where you can pick out a player that you believe preformed outstanding in that season/year.
This could involve the player thanking you and maybe other players having a PR saying 'Thinks the Manager has favorites among the players' ect ect

Maybe a rating for how much the media rate you as a manager or like you,which could result in them constantly houding you in the press on your decisions in the tranfer market and other things and if the like you them constantly putting your name forward for other job vacancies

saintric_21
30-03-2006, 08:30
sorry for the double post one idea is when you resign you can give reasons for leaving 'personal problems' 'dislike of a certain player who has too much power in the club ie shearer' even 'club isnt big enough to achieve success' and these would all go down on your mangerial C.V when you apply for other jobs

lester2401
01-04-2006, 02:56
the ability to tell your strikers to go down like

they had been hit by a snipers rifle in the box.

this would work well if u were man u playing at

old trafford because you know you would get the

penalty they deserve.

dane_giggs
01-04-2006, 05:02
I just want J League back...

dane_giggs
01-04-2006, 05:56
To be able to set up links or relationships with feeder clubs. Like what chelsea did with La Galaxy, Man Utd with Royal Antwerp, etc...that'll be a nice feature

bootle
01-04-2006, 07:48
Despite what others think of the idea to include the stadium around the pitch, I do feel this is something that could be looked at. Currently there is no graphical representation as to who is at home during the match, it isnt important but it would add flavour.

Just a simple couple of rows of inanimate supporters in the club colours around the edge of the screen, with a small section set aside for away support. If each clubs "stadium" had a different section of the ground for away support this would improve individuality between clubs.

Im not looking for total realism, meaning a true reflection of real stadiums and where they put the away support. I was just thinking about it last night- Cisse had scored at they all ran in the corner to celebrate, currently they could be playing on the local park but in my FM minds eye he ran towards the away fans were to celebrate. Ideally this could be linked to ingame text "The away support are furious" etc

We've all seen the "they love him" message after a goal, Again in my imagination hes running towards the home end when that comes up.

Its quite easy to build up an affinity with players but doing the same with a club is more difficult as they are pretty much indentical.

Ultimately, none of this will improve the game in itself but it would improve the game you play in you head at the same time(Thats not just me is it?).

01-04-2006, 08:31
More and Better media comments.
Show a managers previous playing history.
Better realism in transfer fee's.
Have an accademy director and be able to appoint a new or sack one.
Also when playing a network game, i would like to appoint my friend to be say reserve team manager, there for on the same side.

MixitupMixitdictator
01-04-2006, 08:34
twenty quid price tag

01-04-2006, 10:56
I really would like too see background changes return as i really do miss it like in cm3/4.Especially stadium backgrounds when you play a match,i do read the forums and a lot of people keep posting messages on how to do this in fm2005/2006 which i know is not in the games so it shows that a lot of people miss this option, and it should be an option i think it made the original cm3/4 games more atmospheric,i know some people dont think its necessary but if it is an option you can choose to use it or not

Ando THFC
01-04-2006, 11:50
Believe me, there's not a single person on these forums that has more in-depth critique of the game under his belt than me..

What a ridiculously arrogant thing to say. It assumes that because you expatiate the most you know the most or have the greatest understanding. Breathtaking naivety from one who proclaims to be so clever.

As for suggestions for FM 07, here's a brief outline of my twopenneth:

- must be a way of having players in the first team squad regularly turn out for the reserves if I so decide. Not only to maintain match fitness but to aid injury recovery.

- all aspects of the media model need huge development, as opposed to the piecemeal progression of 2006.

- still greater variation in the match engine. There needs to be more mistakes, more sparks of genius, better goals and cleverer football. However good a team you create or however you set them up tactically, you could never recreate the way Arsenal play IRL in FM. There is very little quick incisive passing, little vision or creative flair. Ronaldinho just looks like any other decent striker on the game because there isn't the scope in the engine for his class to be portrayed. Viewed independently the FM match engine is excellent, when viewed in relation to a real match there is no comparison. Whilst parity is impossible, SI can and must close the gap with each release.

They're what spring to mind instantly.

rico134
01-04-2006, 12:10
Now i play quite alot of managing games and today whilst playing LMA Manager on the ps2 i had a sort of idea for FM,weel waht it is, is LMA have shortcuts as what to shout at your players when your team our in possesion eg say triangle would be to shoot on site in a situation where your 2-1 down with five minutes to go.

i feel this would go well in FM as after your players have had there milk and cookies at half time during the team talk, the rest is down to them isn't it? you can't really do anything else but watch the game and make a few subs. sure you can pause the game and set the mentality to attack in that situation realism away, i want to be able to tell my players PRECISELY what to do in situations from the touchline not pause the game to have to .Generally i feel that having shortcuts to shout at your players during real time would add realism to FM as in real life you don't just see jose sitting on the bench during the match, you see him getting agitated at every incident during the game telling his players what to do shouting there heads off.

i also want to be able to argue with the refs decisions and i want to get touchline bans during the game so then it would bring a new aspect to FM that is you'd have to phone your assistant and give him insructions on what to do during the game, i also want to see like in real life players bombarding the referee when a decision goes against them, more stupid yellow and red card decisions to get fully across in FM just how difficult a referee's job is.

Now then heres the weird but sort of good idea imo i had today (bear with me i'm not sure how to word this) well what i thought was for people with webcams could connect there webcams to the game and during the game when a penalty kick is awarded against the human manager lets say there angry the camera would catch this and save it into lets say c://program files/fm2007/camera/penalty0987 and the next day you'd get a media item that says something along the lines of 'team x manager misery as his team crash out of FA Cup to acontraversial penalty kick'
underneath it would have watch, it would then show you the penalty kick and your reaction to the decision. As what sky sports do when a penalty/goal is given.

Thunder God
01-04-2006, 12:18
Some of the things I would like to see are:

1) The ability to talk to your players. Seems to me to be a fundamental part of the game still unexplored. It would be nice to explain why you are doing certain things. Such as, "Resting you for the big cup game coming up." and "Dropping you for poor form" or "One more poor game and you're dropped" Player reactions should vary relating to their mental stats.

2) Post match interviews. Simple set of options to allow you to get your point across to fans, the board and opposition managers. As well as a chance to praise / criticise the ref. Although I know that the ref aspect is difficult to implement legally.

3) Better interaction from the fans. Who do they rate at the club? Who do they feel is letting the side down? How happy were they when you rested your key players for the cup game and you got knocked out?

4) Better media. Media questions or comments should be there to put pressure on you. If you go on a run of five or six 1-0's or 0-0's they should start a campaign complaining that you are boring. If you go on a good run they should hype you up with exaggerations. They should target players in a similar fashion. Would be nice to be able to praise / criticise opposition players either before or after a game.

5) Make more of a fuss of winning things. Nothing over the top but some real credit wouldn't go a miss. It's a little depressing when you've gone through a long season, put in a lot of hours, nipped your rivals to the title and all you get is a quick splash page and a message from your board saying, "They are delighted at winning the league" http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

6) Better agents. More approaches from agents and more interference. If your a lower league team with a talented youngster it would be interesting for his agent to put pressure on him / you to move. Agents could drop hints to the media etc.

7) Regens to be better balanced. Better people than I have covered this on the forum.

8) Player memories / relationships. I'm no expert on programming but if you could get this into the game it would open up a world of possibilities. If you dropped a key player for a cup final he should remember it and based on his mental stats he would react to it in different ways. If you got thumped 5-0 at home next time you play that team it would be cool if your players recalled that hurt and again dependant on stats would react to that memory in a certain way. Example would be Crespo with a comment like "Wants revenge for Cup Final defeat against Liverpool"

theboss332
01-04-2006, 12:23
I would like to see :
- more consistancy in performances , seems results are too random , eg testing the same match without changing anything gets a hugely different score
- constantly opposition players defying there stats , the way some of these players strike the ball are like they have 20 for long shots and shoots with power , despite being a centre back with 10 for long shots.
- too many early goals , most goals happen in first 3 minutes , whatever happened to sides keeping it tight and working a goal
- better media interactions , things to make the manager feel appreciated eg some have mentioned lack of recognition despite 20+ years in job
- more realistic transfer market where poorer players or uneeded players can be picked up cheaper than now , also the AI actually offering realistic bids.

salzia27
01-04-2006, 12:36
a few additions i would like to see:

match expectation:
in this option u can tell the squad wat u expect from a game and why they should get the result u want.(Like v Inter playing as Treviso u will always wish to tell the squad to keep it as tight as possible and try to counter and a draw would be ideal result)

player expectation:
in this option u tell the player wat u expect from him like below:
(i have given you free role and full attacking instructions so dont disappoint me and try to score a goal and support the ST)
OR
tell ur defenders
(i want u to be as tight as possible in first half as i am looking to win this one in 2nd half)

Subsitution reason:
under this option tell ur subsituted players why you hv taken them off. as:
precaution to long term injury
poor performance
tactical reshuffle etc.

also their are a lot of times when my team are on a great run and 4-5 players are playing good football.u should be allowed to praise them all.even the team at some occassions.

Thunder God
02-04-2006, 03:16
Originally posted by salzia27:
Subsitution reason:
under this option tell ur subsituted players why you hv taken them off. as:
precaution to long term injury
poor performance
tactical reshuffle etc.

100% agree http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif
Would also be helpful to know nature of injury to give you a more informed choice before replacing the player

HonkyDick
02-04-2006, 05:31
-When praising players we should get a few different reasons to give for praise not just form, maybe someone has been playing crap but scored a sensational 40 yard goal it'd be good to say something like 'player x scored a ripper of a goal, he's back baby', then player x's morale goes up.
-Home teams logo on the grass near the nets in the match screen, we can pretend it's painted on.
-Different balls for different competitions, if they don't want to bother with copyright stuff they can release the game with 1 ball as default but give us a directory to put the right ball in the right competition folder.
-Pre-match talk, I concede too many early goals, even when defensive. I'd like to fire 'em up before the game.
-What about when starting unemployed you can apply for assistant manager positions?
The current manager would get you to manage the reserves and youth teams and then it is up to you to win games and build a reputation. You could then either go to another club or the board could sack the current manager and elevate you to the job.

StokedOnCity
02-04-2006, 05:31
I would just like the game to be a lot faster.

denniswinchester
02-04-2006, 05:40
Believe me, there's not a single person on these forums that has more in-depth critique of the game under his belt than me.

http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

The_Gooners
02-04-2006, 05:48
Dennis, just the person I wanted to try and catch, since you installed the lastest patch has your spanish fixtures stopped working?

As mine have and dont know why, if you could offer any help would be appreciated.

rico134
02-04-2006, 06:08
should the fm2007 threads be combined, it seems pointless for all these ideas to just rot away towards the bottom of the forum.

denniswinchester
02-04-2006, 08:53
Originally posted by The_Gooners:
Dennis, just the person I wanted to try and catch, since you installed the lastest patch has your spanish fixtures stopped working?

As mine have and dont know why, if you could offer any help would be appreciated.

Yes, they have stopped working... http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
I tried to get some attention in the Editors forum, but no luck...

Alurny
02-04-2006, 12:33
Okay I see many good points here like improving scouting but the thing I'd like is bigger recognition of big matches.

On the match screen colour code something so it "feels" different from your average league game (gold for Europe, Silver for Domestic Cup etc) Maybe even a graphic/ pre match comments on pre match screen?? I not really sure how but I know why I'd like it if you get me...

Martin Allen
02-04-2006, 15:11
Originally posted by bootle:
Despite what others think of the idea to include the stadium around the pitch, I do feel this is something that could be looked at. Currently there is no graphical representation as to who is at home during the match, it isnt important but it would add flavour.

Just a simple couple of rows of inanimate supporters in the club colours around the edge of the screen, with a small section set aside for away support. If each clubs "stadium" had a different section of the ground for away support this would improve individuality between clubs.

Im not looking for total realism, meaning a true reflection of real stadiums and where they put the away support. I was just thinking about it last night- Cisse had scored at they all ran in the corner to celebrate, currently they could be playing on the local park but in my FM minds eye he ran towards the away fans were to celebrate. Ideally this could be linked to ingame text "The away support are furious" etc

We've all seen the "they love him" message after a goal, Again in my imagination hes running towards the home end when that comes up.

Its quite easy to build up an affinity with players but doing the same with a club is more difficult as they are pretty much indentical.

Ultimately, none of this will improve the game in itself but it would improve the game you play in you head at the same time(Thats not just me is it?).

I like the idea but wonder if it's capable to put in as surley pitch qwould have to be reduced in size to fit it in

things I would like ot see:

1. sent off players leave pitch area and don't stand by dug out

2. Subbed off players normaly sit on bench after being taken off instead of going in between benches, though if anniyed by being taken off can go down the tunnel *followed by media after match about it)

3. Dug outs on correct size of the pitch (Fulham and Luton stand out as 2 were managers and subs have to cross pitch to dug out)

4.more contoral over resrve team without managing it, picking the line up and telling assistant to play player X for X minutes to test fitness and aid recovery from injury, a key thing when returning from ling term injuries

5. After you win a trophey or get prmoted more media, seams like any other match when you win promotion and not like its something speical as it should do.

1,2 and 3 are cosemetic though I assume wouldn't take much to incluce while 4 and 5 I think are good ideas for game

Michael F
02-04-2006, 15:30
Originally posted by mallen102000:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bootle:

I like the idea but wonder if it's capable to put in as surley pitch qwould have to be reduced in size to fit it in

things I would like ot see:

1. sent off players leave pitch area and don't stand by dug out yes, its really annoying watching them at the dugout

2. Subbed off players normaly sit on bench after being taken off instead of going in between benches, though if anniyed by being taken off can go down the tunnel *followed by media after match about it) Annoying watching them by dugout, more media is good idea

3. Dug outs on correct size of the pitch (Fulham and Luton stand out as 2 were managers and subs have to cross pitch to dug out) wouldnt this be hard to implement due to the different types of stadium?

4.more contoral over resrve team without managing it, picking the line up and telling assistant to play player X for X minutes to test fitness and aid recovery from injury, a key thing when returning from ling term injuries yes

5. After you win a trophey or get prmoted more media, seams like any other match when you win promotion and not like its something speical as it should do. definitly

1,2 and 3 are cosemetic though I assume wouldn't take much to incluce while 4 and 5 I think are good ideas for game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ando THFC
03-04-2006, 05:14
Couple more:

surely it is within SI's powers now to make the referees and linesmen leave the pitch with the players at full time. It looks shoddy when they play musical statues as the players depart.

might be a good little touch to have the tunnels located in the corners for those grounds like Old Trafford that eschew the traditional half-way line entrance and exit.

perhaps, when there is a penalty shoot out and the player is taken to the screen to select their chosen takers, there could be an indication of those players that have volunteered to take one. Whether they do so or not will be based on their mental atributes and whilst you could still ask someone to take one that hadn't volunteered, he would be less likely to score than somone of similar calibre who had stepped up.

have mind games options that actually work. Everything is taken at face value at the minute. There should be a greater variety of ways to say things, so that it is clear when I am actually praising another team and when I am being devious and trying to pile the pressure on them.

on a similar note, there should always be an option to refuse to be drawn on a matter. Many's the time that a manager slags me off and I'm left with the abilty to either praise or criticise him. I understand that if I wish to do neither that I can just ignore the news item, but it's most emmersive if I actually make it clear that I've heard what he has to say and that it's beneath me to respond. That way, the story and interaction can continue.

coxam
03-04-2006, 18:58
I'd like to see a linux version of the game included on the cd.

hitmann
03-04-2006, 19:27
As this topic is about what might be in FM07, I'd like to know what is the ***SI Superstars Sign-Up Thread about? Is it the players that will be in FM07?

Michael F
04-04-2006, 02:51
Originally posted by Ando THFC:
Couple more:

surely it is within SI's powers now to make the referees and linesmen leave the pitch with the players at full time. It looks shoddy when they play musical statues as the players depart.

might be a good little touch to have the tunnels located in the corners for those grounds like Old Trafford that eschew the traditional half-way line entrance and exit.

perhaps, when there is a penalty shoot out and the player is taken to the screen to select their chosen takers, there could be an indication of those players that have volunteered to take one. Whether they do so or not will be based on their mental atributes and whilst you could still ask someone to take one that hadn't volunteered, he would be less likely to score than somone of similar calibre who had stepped up.

have mind games options that actually work. Everything is taken at face value at the minute. There should be a greater variety of ways to say things, so that it is clear when I am actually praising another team and when I am being devious and trying to pile the pressure on them.

on a similar note, there should always be an option to refuse to be drawn on a matter. Many's the time that a manager slags me off and I'm left with the abilty to either praise or criticise him. I understand that if I wish to do neither that I can just ignore the news item, but it's most emmersive if I actually make it clear that I've heard what he has to say and that it's beneath me to respond. That way, the story and interaction can continue.

Good ideas, i hate it when the referee's dont leave at HT & FT

Broxi
28-05-2006, 16:20
I think you sould be able to bulld training academys any were in the world or invest money in a small lauge tean to scout for you

Ec. if i manage a team like rangers,i could invest in ballymena uth (northen Ireland)or Q.P.R (ENGLAND) so donthave just young scotland players comeing in to your yoth team at the end of the season???

Tehoketju
29-05-2006, 00:40
What I would like to see improved in FM 2007 is very different than the most usual suggestions in this forum. It’s the training system. I know it has been changed this year, too but it’s still very unrealistic:

1. The training affects just the players current attributes, not his development. If you, for example, train defence hard and shooting light, your players defensive attributes will increase a couple of months and finishing decreases the same time. If you then change back to normal training, the attributes get back to normal. It’s like you hadn’t trained at all. I think the training should have an effect on what attributes increase, when the players' current ability increases.

2. You can’t improve your players physical stats. IRL it’s the easiest part of game to be developed. You can get your stamina or strength up easily. In FM 2006 already 15-year-old players must have good physics. That’s unrealistic.

3. Player positions. You can't train your player a new natural position, or at least it is way too hard. A player should gain a new natural position when he has played in that position for a year or so. At the same time the odl natural positions should decrease to accomplished. It is annoying to have a player who would be an exellent striker, but you can't train him to be a striker.

4. We should be able to improve Freekicks and penalties, too.

5. Lower attributes should be easier to be improved. Now you can make your player's finihing from 19 to 20 as easily as from 2 to 3.

bearsy
29-05-2006, 02:57
Good ideas, i hate it when the referee's dont leave at HT & FT

Can honestly say Ive never ever noticed what the ref does at HT and FT!

lordninian
29-05-2006, 04:05
As pointless as this is for most of you, I'd like to see Cardiff's youth scouted properly and for the Welsh language to be on the game.

denote
29-05-2006, 05:09
I wonder about:

Will we be able to communicate with squad/players directly,and not through the press?

Simple things like telling the squadhttp://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifon't get
so upset,player x had a minimum fee release clause,or player x refused to sign improved contract.

Pauless
29-05-2006, 06:42
quote:
1. Scouts (realistic)

7) I wonder if you realise just how far down the Pyramid the Kent League really is - by my reckoning it's at least 2 or maybe 3 levels below the Conference South.This would mean including the 3 Leagues that feed into the Conference N/S some of whom have 2 Divisions - I suggest you research this on Wikipedia.Also if SI did manage to include this amount of Clubs in the English Pyramid then those who play CM in the Italian Divisions would be screaming out for Serie D to be included - all 182 Clubs of it (9 Divsions of 18) - it's not going to happen I fear.

Pauless
29-05-2006, 06:44
7) I wonder if you realise just how far down the Pyramid the Kent League really is - by my reckoning it's at least 2 or maybe 3 levels below the Conference South.This would mean including the 3 Leagues that feed into the Conference N/S some of whom have 2 Divisions - I suggest you research this on Wikipedia.Also if SI did manage to include this amount of Clubs in the English Pyramid then those who play CM in the Italian Divisions would be screaming out for Serie D to be included - all 182 Clubs of it (9 Divsions of 18) - it's not going to happen I fear.

My apologies for a 2nd post but that should be FM and not CM( he added,with an embarressed grin)

Broxi
29-05-2006, 10:06
These are only ideas ,wot do you think people??[/

1. with the money your getting payed as the manger of the club,you sould be able to save your wages to a bank acc or something, than you could have some extra money to buy in player(with your own money, or before a big game say to your players if you play well this game ill give yous so much money as a bonus for playing well or if they won the game(Out of the money you have saved in the bank from your managers job??

2. I think you sould be able to talk to players 1 on 1 ,ec are you happy playing for the club

3. players talk to other players ,(ec if a player have played for your club for 2 years and there from the u.s.a and you go to buy i player from the u.s.a the player that was with you for 2 years could help incorage the player to come to the club your after by phoneing him and saying its a great club to play for ....you get my idea??

Kriss
29-05-2006, 10:11
Originally posted by Broxi:
These are only ideas ,wot do you think people??[/

1. with the money your getting payed as the manger of the club,you sould be able to save your wages to a bank acc or something, than you could have some extra money to buy in player(with your own money, or before a big game say to your players if you play well this game ill give yous so much money as a bonus for playing well or if they won the game(Out of the money you have saved in the bank from your managers job??

2. I think you sould be able to talk to players 1 on 1 ,ec are you happy playing for the club

3. players talk to other players ,(ec if a player have played for your club for 2 years and there from the u.s.a and you go to buy i player from the u.s.a the player that was with you for 2 years could help incorage the player to come to the club your after by phoneing him and saying its a great club to play for ....you get my idea??

1. Silly! doesn't happen irl

2. Much requested but a huge job to make it meaningful

3. Pointless

Broxi
29-05-2006, 10:17
4. you came put a add out for scouts ,ass ,managers ,trainers.and so on

what you you could put a add out for players for Agents to come to with videos .(ec i need a MC for my team i place a add leting the a Agents+players know i need a MC ,and then the Agents come to you with videos ... http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

Broxi
29-05-2006, 10:21
Kriss
wot do you think of number 4 then ??? http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Broxi
29-05-2006, 10:27
i agree with you m8 they sould do this
http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

Kriss
29-05-2006, 10:28
Originally posted by Broxi:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kriss
wot do you think of number 4 then ??? http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that I quite like, I miss the videos that use to arrive quite often.

Needs a bit of thinking about though as agents aren't flavour of the month & SI are very careful to avoid controversial subjects (for obvious reasons)

Broxi
29-05-2006, 10:28
4. you came put a add out for scouts ,ass ,managers ,trainers.and so on

what you you could put a add out for players for Agents to come to with videos .(ec i need a MC for my team i place a add leting the a Agents+players know i need a MC ,and then the Agents come to you with videos ...

Pangaea
29-05-2006, 10:54

I think all of this would quickly become very repetative and boring. "Ah feck I've seen that already. Let's play!"

I'd rather see more media interaction.

Ability to praise/criticise entire team.

Even better scouting system

Get rid of ridiculous AI bids. Bidding 2.4M for a 65K player is ridiculous even if it was the next Ronaldinho in the making.

Get rid of all the small errors here and there that gets to people over time.

Do NOT work for one second on a 3D match-engine

Possibly better ability for smaller teams to gain bigger crowds with success, and better ability to upgrade stadium capacity.

Expanding the skin-system so we can design how we want everything to look like basically.

Overview of manager trophy cabinet, much like the club history overview, but also include promotions and relegations.

Better negotiating-process. If the price of player x is 50K, and you give 40K, the club shouldn't double what it wants every time you try to negotiate.

Include more leagues and/or more divisions.

If possible increase the speed of processing.

Possibility of changing leagues from basic/normal/full between season (this may not be technically possible tho)

Ability to add notes for all sorts of newsmessages.

A notepad window where you can write down important stuff you should do. "Remember to put those blokes from Reserves to First team at that date. Remember to eat. Remember to sleep. Remember the exam tomorrow." http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Do some of these things and we'll have a better game. Cosmetic changes like themes of this and that isn't important, and it will surely get repetative and annoying after you've seen it a few times.

Kriss
29-05-2006, 11:00
Originally posted by Pangaea:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MEOW192005:

I think all of this would quickly become very repetative and boring. "Ah feck I've seen that already. Let's play!"

I'd rather see more media interaction.

Ability to praise/criticise entire team.

Even better scouting system

Get rid of ridiculous AI bids. Bidding 2.4M for a 65K player is ridiculous even if it was the next Ronaldinho in the making.

Get rid of all the small errors here and there that gets to people over time.

Do NOT work for one second on a 3D match-engine

Possibly better ability for smaller teams to gain bigger crowds with success, and better ability to upgrade stadium capacity.

Expanding the skin-system so we can design how we want everything to look like basically.

Overview of manager trophy cabinet, much like the club history overview, but also include promotions and relegations.

Better negotiating-process. If the price of player x is 50K, and you give 40K, the club shouldn't double what it wants every time you try to negotiate.

Include more leagues and/or more divisions.

If possible increase the speed of processing.

Possibility of changing leagues from basic/normal/full between season (this may not be technically possible tho)

Ability to add notes for all sorts of newsmessages.

A notepad window where you can write down important stuff you should do. "Remember to put those blokes from Reserves to First team at that date. Remember to eat. Remember to sleep. Remember the exam tomorrow." http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Do some of these things and we'll have a better game. Cosmetic changes like themes of this and that isn't important, and it will surely get repetative and annoying after you've seen it a few times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beautifully nutshelled, apply for a job with SI (as MD)

ibroxclubworshipper
29-05-2006, 11:11
The Cypriot League.

I go there on holiday a lot and have looked into the league. Its a decent standard, some decent players playing out there. The teams perform better in Europe than some other leagues in the game. In general, its better than the likes of Iceland, Belarus, Finland, Wales, N.Ireland and Ireland and on a par with some others like Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary etc. (Although I understand some of these leagues are included because there is a strong market and more people buy the game in these countries than in Cyprus).

Pangaea
29-05-2006, 12:07
Originally posted by Kriss:

Hehe, thanks http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Doubt they'll have much use of me though. I'd just be playing the game all the time and forget about testing or coding http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Kriss
29-05-2006, 12:32
Originally posted by Pangaea:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kriss:

Hehe, thanks http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Doubt they'll have much use of me though. I'd just be playing the game all the time and forget about testing or coding http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you think they don't??

Pangaea
29-05-2006, 12:37

The Lone Ranger
30-05-2006, 13:19
It would be nice if SI could make computer controlled teams put their sub 'keeper as substitute number 4. This would make leagues like Wales and Northern Ireland more realistic, since almost no manager IRL would name a goalkeeper on the bench when he only can name 3 subs.

Putting the 'keeper as sub5 would not be good as the Danish League has 4 subs and one of them has to be a goalkeeper.

Pipson
30-05-2006, 15:12
Originally posted by The Lone Ranger:
It would be nice if SI could make computer controlled teams put their sub 'keeper as substitute number 4. This would make leagues like Wales and Northern Ireland more realistic, since almost no manager IRL would name a goalkeeper on the bench when he only can name 3 subs.

Putting the 'keeper as sub5 would not be good as the Danish League has 4 subs and one of them has to be a goalkeeper.
Really i never knew that..and I complained about the English league having only 5...

Pangaea
31-05-2006, 04:24
This is actually a huge problem. it's the same in Northern Ireland - only 3 subs. Last season I went almost all the time with 3 outfielders. But keeper got injured in the friendlies this year so don't think I will dare. If the goalie gets injured you are royally ****ed :/

Pangaea
31-05-2006, 04:25
bah. Can't even write [expletive deleted] http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Booooooom
31-05-2006, 04:44
Many good points made here, but what I'd like and it's not only me, is an even greater variety of leagues. In Cyprus where I come from, I always mess the editor and help many many people to do the same, to add our league in. There are also some patches available 2-3 months after the game release.

The database is still there, so I don't think SI will have to much trouble, or any to add the leagues. Also, more African leagues should be available! Egypt, Nigeria, Tunisia, have good leagues for the continent! Also some Arabian leagues should be available too. I cannot understand how Hong Kong is available and Malta, Cyprus, or Egypt who are definetly more developed football countries are not there. And I'm pretty sure that the market in some countries whose leagues are not up have greater merchandise than some countries that are included...

And as I said, since the database is already there, it's no biggy

Michael F
31-05-2006, 05:26
Originally posted by Booooooom:
Many good points made here, but what I'd like and it's not only me, is an even greater variety of leagues. In Cyprus where I come from, I always mess the editor and help many many people to do the same, to add our league in. There are also some patches available 2-3 months after the game release.

The database is still there, so I don't think SI will have to much trouble, or any to add the leagues. Also, more African leagues should be available! Egypt, Nigeria, Tunisia, have good leagues for the continent! Also some Arabian leagues should be available too. I cannot understand how Hong Kong is available and Malta, Cyprus, or Egypt who are definetly more developed football countries are not there. And I'm pretty sure that the market in some countries whose leagues are not up have greater merchandise than some countries that are included...

And as I said, since the database is already there, it's no biggy

Its more a case of finding enough reserchers for each club

Booooooom
31-05-2006, 05:38
If that's the case, then the problem is solved! If SI simply needs researchers for each team, I can find them a lot! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

As I said above, in my country FM is very very popular and almost everyone deeply involved or not, with football has it http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

As for the other countries I mentioned and more, I think that if SI says to all of us whose countries are not in that all they need is better research and more researchers then it's gonna work for everyyone http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

I'm sure that many English based people in the forums can't understand our agony and hopes for our leagues to be available in the game. I'm sure once there's greater variety, people will like the game more and learn about other countries http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

awblade
31-05-2006, 23:26
another idea

when you play friendly international matches i always forget the amount of time the players managers want their players to play and so i always get blasted by them. so if you could have the ass man tell us or something to remind us

not high up on the list i know but i always what they want

edwingray
31-05-2006, 23:40
For me I think it's essential that the game becomes more realistic. All the necessary suggestions have been made at some point, but my wishes are:

- when managing a part-time club in the lower leagues, e.g. Conf North, it shouldn't be possible to have loads of coaches, scouts, physios etc. Most clubs are lucky if they have one coach/player coach to assist the manager.

- the same goes for signing good young players who then go on to become so good you can make loads of money. Any (good) youngster who is released by a Premiership or Championship club is going to stay in the professional league if possible rather than join a non-league part-time club. Non-league clubs finding a gem and selling him for a profit are a rarity IRL and this has to be reflectd in the game.

- I also think the regens/newgens has to be addressed. There are too many new players available at the beginning of each season. I believe that all newgens should enter the game as part of some club's academy. Lower leagues should be looking for those cast-offs from other clubs, or their own youth system if they have one, not trawling through a list of so-called available newgens

- forward planning should be a part of the game. If I clinch promotion with a few weeks remaining, I want to know my budget for the next season, so that I can steal a march on other clubs (retained lists etc)

- squad management in the form of tick boxes

- a re-worked scouting system (along the lines of DaveC's suggestion)

- also like the idea of having more say in the running of the reserves without actually having to take control of them.

Kallinan
01-06-2006, 08:14
Many of these are repeats, but hopefully that'll get the point across.

Better scouting, as always. More detailed than "crap", "decent", "good", and "excellent" would
be nice.

Harsher fog of war for attributes. Let's say there's Ye Random Left Winger with a Local rep on the transfer list. I should know *nothing* about this guy's attributes, I'd think.

Fix long-term finances. There's too much money in the game, so players worth £300k end up being sold for £2M.

My personal pet peeve - a statistical history of teams. If I'm playing Elgin City for 10 years, I'd love to look back at my team from 2008/09 and laugh at who I actually fielded as my First XI. A simple dropdown box in the stats view with for years (i.e. Current, 08/09, 07/08, etc.) would suffice. The "history" could be sorted by selection, where your "starting" player is determined by who had the most apps at that position. This would be really neat for those of us who play long careers.

Faster processing, especially during transfer windows.

Reputations not updating fast enough. Two years ago I come in 2nd in the SPL. Last year I win the Scottish Cup, runners up to Champions Cup, and finish 5th in SPL. Currently I'm 1st in the SPL halfway through the season, and I *still* have players wanting to leave for silverware. And these players think some 1st Div side like Dun Ath or Hibernian is a bigger or better club.

Option to export data to XML. Examples could be a player, maybe their history, the squad's stats for the year, finances, etc. Would let FM folks share their stuff with websites.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Things I love:

2D match engine
New training module

Kallinan
01-06-2006, 08:17
Oooh, one more -

Longer training history. I'd like to see progression of attributes for as long as a player stays at your club. That way you can see how your 17yo youth striker matured into a 22yo starter.

Pangaea
01-06-2006, 09:15
Originally posted by Kallinan:
Longer training history. I'd like to see progression of attributes for as long as a player stays at your club. That way you can see how your 17yo youth striker matured into a 22yo starter.

I'd very much like this too. One year just isn't long enough.

Vinay
01-06-2006, 14:07

If you know there is already a thread on this topic then dont see it http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon15.gif
I am sick of people acting as saints in this forum when they dont even have the right to do it. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
Guys...leave it to the moderators. Its their job, not yours.

retardedgenius
01-06-2006, 16:05
I'd like to see Ackter's tactic screen XML mod by default, because it's incredibly useful to be able to sort players by corner, free kick and captaincy abilities.

Sawczuk
01-06-2006, 16:26
I think the main ones for me are:

*To perfect the match engine, so there are no bugs, or as few as possible.
*To improve scouting because it is still in the old days http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon13.gif
*To make it so you can see set piece training on the match engine, think about how much time Sam Allardyce would spend on that! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Pause
01-06-2006, 20:38
Originally posted by Ackter:
Bingo.

It's "Football Manager 2007".

You want to add seats to your stadium, buy a house & car and invest money?

Buy "Football Director, Property Investor, Learner Driver & Financial Advisor Manager 2007".

The Media Questions are fine as they are - don't want Press Conferences for Berwick Rangers thanks.

Sponsorships would involve lots of costly licences on top of all the nonsense that has to be paid for already, you'd need hundreds of "sponsors" at different rep levels (Local, National, International), regen sponsors as well, it'd be a nightmare. Keep it non-specific.

Money league would would be nice to see though...

dcarter
02-06-2006, 00:52
I believe its been suggested before, but I think that FM 2007 should have a post game conference feature where the manager has to answer questions from the press on how they throught the match went.

Pangaea
02-06-2006, 01:50
It would be interesting the first two times, then quickly get annoying. And for the great majority of teams it would be unrealistic.

Bodis
02-06-2006, 01:52
Bring it in as a feature for key games.

Dave C
02-06-2006, 02:25
Originally posted by Bodis:
Bring it in as a feature for key games.

Exactly, cup matches, derbies, title/relegation/promotion deciders etc.

That's where the media focus should be aimed. It will allow significant games to feel significant.

dafuge
02-06-2006, 02:27
Originally posted by retardedgenius:
I'd like to see Ackter's tactic screen XML mod by default, because it's incredibly useful to be able to sort players by corner, free kick and captaincy abilities.

Damn good idea that http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

2FS
13-06-2006, 21:45
Originally posted by tartanhyena:
How about the ability to become a reserve manager? FM already allows you to delegate your reserves to your own ass. man (generally useless at everything, however this has been mentioned countless times.) If you're a prominent manager in a lower league, then its quite plausible that a bigger club could hire you to look after the reserves.

Since all you're doing is picking a team, albeit not the top team, I don't think would be difficult to implement. Some nice features might be to be able to recommend players to the club's manager either to sign or to promote from your reserve team.

This would create some interesting decisions on career options. Is it better for a manager's career and profile to be assistant manager at say, Liverpool than manager of Hartlepool for example? I'm thinking of the situation at Leicester a few years back where they signed Micky Adams as assistant to the experienced Dave Bassett as I write this.

Although I think SI enabled Under 21 management at International level, I don't think being hired to look after a reserve (or U18 for that matter) side has been implemented yet. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, it might force SI to look at the role of the assistant in general, which,as has been previously noted, is of little benefit to the FM player as it stands.

I really like this idea, I'd like it to extend to being an assistant manager even at the lower leagues.

ermm...
14-06-2006, 01:18

I remember in FM 2005 or CM03/04 (cant remember which), the Champions League and UEFA Cup title bar would be in the colours of the previous season's winners.

Was a nice touch. Would hope SI bring it back.

denote
14-06-2006, 01:50
Originally posted by Henrik4:
I would like you to post new ideas about FM2007.
I think that our ideas can help SI and SEGA to make FM even better.

Being able to talk to my players on various issues,not having to run to the press,same with team.

It feels like sitting in a vacuum,not being able to tell a player why he doesn't play,
or why he was sold,or why he won't get a new deal....I really hope this will happen soon.

I don't need to talk to players in Kuala Lumpur via the press,I need to talk to my squad directly.

ermm...
14-06-2006, 02:31
I'd like to see SI change the Player Achievements screen.

As it stands, all the player's achievements are dumped into one screen and sorted by the latest date it happened. This makes the screen looked all cluttered up in long term games.

Maybe have "tabs" like Competition Won, End Of Season Individual Awards, Weekly Awards, Personal Milestones (goals, caps cleansheets etc)?

Also, while we now can see when a player makes his international debut, I'd like to be able to see when he makes his professional debut, his first goals, etc.

Rkirkwood
14-06-2006, 10:27
I would really like to see more asian leagues like Qatar,Saudi Arabi etc

MindReader
14-06-2006, 14:01
I would like to see a marketability rating.

This could be based on not only skill but also popularity, image and media interest etc. This could determine a players status within the squad. As if they werent playing regularly the teams profits may fall leading to the board leaning on the manager to include them. The players value may also fall and morale be affected, especially if they werent really a major force in the team and had been bought purely for their marketing potential as with a certain English midfielder/free kick taker currently plying his trade aboard. Or maybe a truly great player maybe from Brazil would not make as much money as, despite his talents, he is facially challenged (take your pick from at least two!) http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Younging
15-06-2006, 05:40
-realistic transfers

-less stupid AI or player sackings

-more media coverage on matches i.e parma are going all, if they win this match they win the league

-maybe some player interview on his team and his future plans etc.

-individual match players I cant tell the difference between ronaldinho and Michael Carrick , make them show their stuff on the pitch.

claretandblue
15-06-2006, 14:13
Just a quickie:

More media coverage of injuries to players, not just media items about your players but about other players aswell. For example after a player has been out injured for a long while, a media item saying that he has completed 90 mintues of a reserve game e.t.c

That is all http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

mozzer10
15-06-2006, 15:53
Please please please can we have the possibility of moving stadiums for little clubs, it would make such a huge difference to the longevity of games with smaller clubs and would give you something to aim for in the future.

Tottenham Ecomax
06-07-2006, 04:47
This would be excellent! No further need for FM Scout.

Mohammed
06-07-2006, 09:17
Originally posted by Rkirkwood:
I would really like to see more asian leagues like Qatar,Saudi Arabi etc

yes we want that and Bahrain league too http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ter
07-07-2006, 04:46
If you must post brief lists of things you would like to see in future versions of the game, then please keep them to this thread here.

Superdan_484
24-07-2006, 10:56
1. Scouts (realistic)

1.Too Vague On This Point

2.I Kind Of Agree with "shah Gangsta" on this point i mean why haggle for higher wages when you've nothing to spend them on you could jus as easily say keep the money. Maybe Invest youre own money to make up the difference between transfer fee and budget.

3. Yeah I Agree

4. To Be Honest i dont think that finances and bank loans are a part of a managers job this should be kept as it is and left to the board.

5.Far Too Difficult and no point unless you're going to watch every game on "full match"

6.Feeder clubs are in the new game i gather.

7.Been discussed many times.

8.Also being revamped

9.Theres no point what would it achieve.

10. Again sponsors are for the chairman to deal with. Plus sponsors would mean s.i having to pay for featuring real names.

My ONE AND ONLY point is a more realistic transfer market please stop me from having to spend 8 million on dave nugent and 60 million on torres get real si!!

arnold_kidd
25-07-2006, 01:25
Scenarios so people don't post challenge threads anymore

Dave C
25-07-2006, 01:34
Originally posted by arnold_kidd:

Erm, scenarios will just lead to more challenge threads as people start threads on the scenarios, and on new scenarios they come up with inspired by the feature.

You really should think things through first...
http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Powermonger
25-07-2006, 02:44
I'd like to see the ability to setup a quick match between any two teams (without having to start a game) for just mucking around or testing and tweaking tactics.

arnold_kidd
25-07-2006, 03:23
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arnold_kidd:

Erm, scenarios will just lead to more challenge threads as people start threads on the scenarios, and on new scenarios they come up with inspired by the feature.

You really should think things through first...
http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well maybe not, cos I dont recall seeing a challenge thread in civ and c&c forums. but yeah if people are keen they can think of an infinite number of challenges anyway http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

separate forum for challenges is probably a better solution http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

shwan
25-07-2006, 05:16
because TCM didn't reach FM depth yet http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
the guy only aiming to add what make the game more intresting !! at least in his point of view

shwan
25-07-2006, 05:22
- less grey players as it disbalance the game each time the years go on and favorate the active contries.
- make 2d match more intresting by sensible 2d feeling or 3d ISO as CM5, thus startign first steps towards 3d.
- formation based on X,y position and not AM, CM ..etc. so i can use rooney who play as striker but behind them, not as AM but as a proper striker but in more back line. as right now it is so restricted.
- database be editable, many countries don't have a league, and it is impossible to creat one if u want.

Dave C
25-07-2006, 05:34
Originally posted by shwan:
less grey players as it disbalance the game each time the years go on and favorate the active contries.

A few of us have been actively campaigning for this, and gaining small amounts of ground, each year.

make 2d match more intresting by sensible 2d feeling or 3d ISO as CM5, thus startign first steps towards 3d.

Not a lot of point commenting on this, the 3D discussion has been done to death, everyone knows what the position is.

formation based on X,y position and not AM, CM ..etc. so i can use rooney who play as striker but behind them, not as AM but as a proper striker but in more back line. as right now it is so restricted.

Free-positioning systems don't work in management games, they are as a result entirely cosmetic and completely pointless.
Using the current system of basic positions combined with player instructions is much better.
It needs some clarity and some refinement, but that's all.

database be editable, many countries don't have a league, and it is impossible to creat one if u want.

I believe the structure of the database for competitions renders this impossible as things stand.

gavinkil
25-07-2006, 06:24
Posted these in a really old thread about something else just thought I would post them again.

Zonal marking and selecting how big or small the zones are they are marking in.

revamp of the training which I believe is happening such as the coaches traits "likes to play offside trap" or whatever gets trainined into the players.

Also some sort of knowledge of formation for players so you can train them in them in preparation for games. If that makes some sort of sense.

Also added expeierence factor to player stats, which may only reflect or be noticable in big games. So even though someones stats might not be as good as some young talent his experience may count for something in different situations.

I know the agent video thing is already in the game and seems to happen rarely but I would like to see when players, such as drogba or vincente players get put in the reserve squads in my games for some weird reason. There agent coming to other clubs trying to get some interest in them for a transfer, not just sitting in the reserve squad and loving it.

shwan
25-07-2006, 06:26
cheers m8,
though we disagree alot but our objectif is to have mor eexcitement while playing.
one point, is about formation, when u go to thoer game like FIFAM, PES management, CM, and before Player manager of ANCO, u will see all of them were using x,y positon, which qualify automatically each player to nearest AM or ST. but in the match u can see that there is same distance between strikers as u specified in formation. so it is common in all management games.
but i understand ur point, in FM i have to instruct Ronney to be in back of strikers, this mean i have to put him either as ST or as AM, and in tactic i have 3 options to adjust that,
1- to put his mentlaity at less attacking than main ST, which dosn't work for me, as i want him to still have 100% attacking mind, but to break in the back while the DEF busy with main ST.
2- not making him go forward everytime, but i want him so.
3- Add AM and point to the box to show him the run, but in my experince, each time i put a player as AM, no matter what i do, he still go back even defending and play more as CM more than AM.
so i really don't know if u can help me to solve this case for my game. i think the x,y positioning is great, and prove, everyone is doing it. and it will still qulaify ur player to nearest AM or ST or CM accoriding to his x,y postion.
about database, i like to play my country of origin game, but with the actual editor, u can't do and creat a league for them. what i think will be good, is to great a 2 divison league without a country and can be fitted and set by the editor to set this leaguie to one of the country without a league.
cheers

bearsy
25-07-2006, 06:27
2.I Kind Of Agree with "shah Gangsta" on this point i mean why haggle for higher wages when you've nothing to spend them on you could jus as easily say keep the money. Maybe Invest youre own money to make up the difference between transfer fee and budget.

Is that what managers do in real life???? I think not.

Freddi Sleeman
25-07-2006, 06:28
Better export function to .jpg and html+css

New Roosterman
25-07-2006, 21:37
One is the ability to build a new stadium if you reach a pre-determined level of funding. For example, as Liverpool I'm in my 4th season, and have $400 million + in the bank, yet am unable to construct a new stadium. This happend as one of the patches removed "New Anfield" as a move in option due to the real life money problems Liverpool were having getting the money to build it.

So whilst things in reality were fine, it seems crazy that I can have oddles of money, yet an condemned to play at an ageing stadium.

26-07-2006, 04:51
-Ability to call Press Conferences

-World Cup squad profiles

-Players being distraught on missing major tournaments, also squad get together with 30 players or so for a week -

-ability to ban players speaking to media

-verbal agreement with club to sign player....bit like first option but offer to loan someone to them etc.

-ask 4th official for explanations during game

-have independent agents work on behalf of club and agree deal with you confiorming deal and paying agent substantial fee for concludoing deal.

-bring complaints about referees (please)

-world player of the year votes by national managers and national team captain should be implemented again with results and voting patterns shown.

-money making trips to Japan, Malysia etc+ amsterdam tournament should be as prestigious as in real life where best teams get invited.

-testimonials, players who become eligible become highlighted etc, then with list of their preferred opponents

titchuk
26-07-2006, 05:11
Just an idea...not really a suggestion.

Maybe (very occasional) chairman interaction with the players, it happened this season at Birmingham, with the owner saying he 'hated footballers.' This could either make the players perform better, or in certain cases want to leave the club.

I'd also like to see occasional board takeovers with extra money, hiring a new manager etc.

supperrobbiesavage
26-07-2006, 11:13
the point of manager wages......

it must be the ability to buy your own club. 8 years of earning 40,000 a week at a massive club is around 15million in the bank. easily enough to buy a medium size club with a bit of potential.

i know this strays into the territory of "football chairman" type games but crap like burger prices wouldnt be included. just basic things like wage structure, stadium size etc.

any thoughts?

ps - yeah the Welsh language should be, at the very least, acknowledged - john hartson speaks Welsh yet according to the game english is his only language. a small point perhaps in the eyes of monoglots but quite a big deal to Welsh people.

Bodis
26-07-2006, 11:46
Newly promoted youngsters having their asking price automatically set to "unspecified" instead of zero.

onecockygeezer
26-07-2006, 16:41
i like the idea of the player position x,y sometimes basic positions, farraows/darraows etc dont always get the player to where i want him to be. something like the pro evo tatic screen, i know its a 100% different game but would be nice to have something like that.

psilord80
26-07-2006, 21:59
I dontknow if this has been mentioned here yet but I would really like to see tranfers reflect the reputation of your club. For example in my previous Home United game, I brought the reputation of the club to continental. Even so, I get most of the good players from Asia and especially from Singapore saying that they do not want to play for my team. Ok its true that players loyal to their clubs are less likely to move but even those players transfer listed are saying they do not want to come. This has happened with almost every good player I have tried to sign.

vas tas
27-07-2006, 00:43
1. in european matches the players have numbers 1, 2, 3, ..., 18 instead of the ones i gave them in the squad numbers list.
2. when you want to give a nickname to players that obviously have one already (i.e. brazilians), you don't actually edit it, but add a new one altogether
3. you should be able to complain about referees and
4. postpone matches

. sorry if i repeated some other suggestions. cheers!

27-07-2006, 04:06
i think club chairmans should be more envoled like they can sell the club meanin club gets richer or poorer.

managers can say wat stand should be improved (eg new seats) put megastore outside the club and trainin grounds

and in FM 06 dont like that you cant buy any of the germany team or japan team(wat up with that?)

titchuk
27-07-2006, 04:15
I know it's already been suggested somewhere, but I like the idea of a Set Piece tactics screen for corners/free kicks, where you can move players around in the box and plan their runs.

Most teams do have a few set pieces that they practise and use.

Ackter
27-07-2006, 04:27
shwan - to get a striker playing deep you either look for aplyer with that PPM or set his mentality to defensive.

A defensive striker will play deeper than a regular or attacking striker.

Ackter
27-07-2006, 04:28
Originally posted by fitzypapa2050:
i think club chairmans should be more envoled like they can sell the club meanin club gets richer or poorer.

managers can say wat stand should be improved (eg new seats) put megastore outside the club and trainin grounds

and in FM 06 dont like that you cant buy any of the germany team or japan team(wat up with that?)

1. yes.
2. no way - managers have absolutely no say in this in real life, so we shouldnt be able to in the game either
3. legal issues meant SI couldn't put them in (though you can buy them, you just cant manage them internationally).

Ackter
27-07-2006, 04:29
Originally posted by onecockygeezer:
i like the idea of the player position x,y sometimes basic positions, farraows/darraows etc dont always get the player to where i want him to be. something like the pro evo tatic screen, i know its a 100% different game but would be nice to have something like that.

it also means absolutely nothing. Watch Pro Evo next time - the players play in the same position no matter where you actually place their blob thing.

Ackter
27-07-2006, 04:31
Originally posted by supperrobbiesavage:
the point of manager wages......

it must be the ability to buy your own club. 8 years of earning 40,000 a week at a massive club is around 15million in the bank. easily enough to buy a medium size club with a bit of potential.

i know this strays into the territory of "football chairman" type games but crap like burger prices wouldnt be included. just basic things like wage structure, stadium size etc.

any thoughts?

ps - yeah the Welsh language should be, at the very least, acknowledged - john hartson speaks Welsh yet according to the game english is his only language. a small point perhaps in the eyes of monoglots but quite a big deal to Welsh people.

1. don't be rediculous. we should not be able to buy our own clubs, that's just daft. the manager contracts are there to provide job security. Do a search for more info.

2. Yes, the Welsh language should be in there. I may consider holding a few SI bods hostage until they implement it.

Bodis
27-07-2006, 04:34
Wow, a quadruple post, that's not bad, even for you.

fluidfernando
27-07-2006, 04:35
I think at half time when you do a team talk with your team you should be able to see the stats from the first half because at the moment you can't and if you haven't been watching the game, you can't tell whether you have been the better team or not.

vas tas
27-07-2006, 04:46
Originally posted by fluidfernando:
I think at half time when you do a team talk with your team you should be able to see the stats from the first half because at the moment you can't and if you haven't been watching the game, you can't tell whether you have been the better team or not.

let me correct you over that one - click confirm on the team talk screen, than you can see everything on the player stats etc tabs, than go back to the team talk. team talk is finished only when you click continue and the second half begins. good luck!

gunnermitch
27-07-2006, 04:54
i would like to see more teams fighting over a players transfer

such as top players for instance henry is a world class player , but in my game not one top club has an interest in him?

i would also like a trophy room if si could get the licences for the trophys

Ackter
27-07-2006, 04:58
even if they can't get the licenses there should still be a trophy room - we can add our own trophy pictures in.

Oktober
27-07-2006, 09:37
My main one is the Stadium thing... considering the amount I play with lower league teams (I added up all my save games, its over 1700 hours in 06), its really vital that new Stadium moves are implimented.

Personally, i'd like it if tactics were scaled down and werent as important, simply because they're the least enjoyable part of the game. I have one tactic I've finally got now that works pretty well universally and I'm really loathe to ever alter it, just because its not fun at all and tends to have the smallest things making such a difference. I suppose better feedback with whats going wrong could help to.

In my current game, I've taken a tiny German club (SVW Mannheim) into the top league. This season, I'm mid table and I've conceded the most amount of goals in the entire league... but my goalkeeper has the highest rating in the division, as do my two centre backs, defensive midfeilder and my left back! If theyre all performing so well, why have I conceded so many goals? Much more feedback as to why exactly I've lost this match would stop me from quitting the game for weeks at a time out of frustration, its just not fun at all like this.

Oktober
27-07-2006, 09:41
Highest ratings for their position, that is ^^. Maybe its just that German strikers are exceptional...

onecockygeezer
27-07-2006, 13:13
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by onecockygeezer:

it also means absolutely nothing. Watch Pro Evo next time - the players play in the same position no matter where you actually place their blob thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> i dont know if your talking about pro evo management, ive never played that, im talking about the propa pro evo playable game, ive had every pro evo and on the tactics screen you place your player at x he plays there. thats what im on about

shifty
27-07-2006, 13:18
Would love to see the return of two minor features from older version of the game:

1 - Ability to sort squads by ratings in different competitions, e.g. Premiership stats, Cup stats, European stats.

2 - This one I think should be an option rather than a replacement for the current system. A bit hard to explain but it involves the 'Player Search' screen. When you apply the filters (e.g. Pace, Dribbling, Determination are at least 14), there used to be an option to match, say, 4 out of 7 of the selected filters.

Please bring em back SI! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ranson52
27-07-2006, 18:00
I agree with Faltering Fullback about the extra time clock, it would be a splendid added feature.
Others things I would like to see :
1. Players in your Reserve and Youth teams always seem to be rated low by assistants and coaches. The logic seems to be that the only way they will improve is to play first team football, yet in real life this is not always possible, neither is it in the game. It doesn't follow that because they are young and in lower squads that they are rubbish, and they should improve with time, particulary if you have good coaches.

2. I more logical financial program. Remove the "other" category and specify what these expenses are. It should be possible to do things like trim the groundstaff etc if those expenses are getting out of control.

3. The ability to "talk" to players more deeply if they are unhappy with something. IRL I am a football manager, and one of the biggest elements of coaching is the man management of players. For me this has hardly been touched in the game really. To be a true manager you must deal with players in all situations. If the have issues, you must be able to try at least to deal with them, this feature needs expanding in my view.

4. An emphatic no to levels of difficulty. There is no need, the game is no meant to be easy, and if you play in easy mode and become a success, so what. Get your feet wet and learn that's the only way.

5. Improved injury management feature. Again IRL these events require skill and planning to bring players back to full fitness. The one recurring feature of the game has been the constant complaints about the number of injuries and the severity. Although I sure it's been done, a survey should be carried out to establish the real life average injuries statistically to have the injury occurence more accurately reflected in the game.

Just a few thoughts, I hope someone will see some merit in them.

Ciao

supperrobbiesavage
28-07-2006, 03:21
why is buying a club ridiculous?

if you are manager of real madrid for example and stay in the job for 10 years you will have earnt about 20 million quid. more than enough to by a big championship club or small prem team. i dont see why this is so ridiculous??

also - im not sure whether it was especially realistic, but i enjoyed the drama on previous versions of FM when a club (even a massive one) went into receivership and had to sell its best players (ala leeds i guess). this never really seems to happen now.

Ryan4Rovers
28-07-2006, 05:43
That's because there's too much money! MK Dons and Brentford have gone into transfer embargo and receivership, but big clubs don't because there's so much money in the game.

nealbrown
28-07-2006, 06:12
I would like to be able to space out the Friendly Cup and Friendly League matches. Playing three pre-season friendlies in three days is a bit extreme. I'd like to be able to choose to have a day's rest in between.

nealbrown
28-07-2006, 06:16
Also being able to set up technical partnerships and get feeder clubs and being able to have long term loanees back at the club for pre-season, e.g. Dong Fanzhuo's been playing for Man U despite being on loan in Belgium for three years.

pandaLUFC
28-07-2006, 08:38
It would be good to add more info when adding a manager. For example, I'd like to be able to add Place of Birth, Favoured personnel etc.

Also it would be nice if you were able to add other people to your favoured personnel during gameplay.

Ackter
28-07-2006, 11:05
Originally posted by onecockygeezer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by onecockygeezer:

yes you can place the players in different places, but they end up playing in the same regular places.

In FM you pick their position and then use the mentality slider to determine how advanced they play. A DL with an attacking mentality will play higher up the pitch.

it also means absolutely nothing. Watch Pro Evo next time - the players play in the same position no matter where you actually place their blob thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> i dont know if your talking about pro evo management, ive never played that, im talking about the propa pro evo playable game, ive had every pro evo and on the tactics screen you place your player at x he plays there. thats what im on about </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ackter
28-07-2006, 11:06
Stupid quote thing:

Yes you can place the players in different places, but they end up playing in the same regular places.

In FM you pick their position and then use the mentality slider to determine how advanced they play. A DL with an attacking mentality will play higher up the pitch.

Superdan_484
28-07-2006, 18:26
Originally posted by bearsy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">2.I Kind Of Agree with "shah Gangsta" on this point i mean why haggle for higher wages when you've nothing to spend them on you could jus as easily say keep the money. Maybe Invest youre own money to make up the difference between transfer fee and budget.

Is that what managers do in real life???? I think not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ok bearsy, calm down. I was just simply saying why ask for higher wages? all it does is cost the club more and you have nothing to do with the cost. So next time please try to convey your points in a less sarcastic tone.

Ackter
29-07-2006, 02:04
Originally posted by Superdan_484:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bearsy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">2.I Kind Of Agree with "shah Gangsta" on this point i mean why haggle for higher wages when you've nothing to spend them on you could jus as easily say keep the money. Maybe Invest youre own money to make up the difference between transfer fee and budget.

Is that what managers do in real life???? I think not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ok bearsy, calm down. I was just simply saying why ask for higher wages? all it does is cost the club more and you have nothing to do with the cost. So next time please try to convey your points in a less sarcastic tone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs, it's there to provide job security. The more you earn the harder it is for the club to sack you.

i should just keep this in the clipboard so I can just paste it whenever this question comes up.

29-07-2006, 03:24
I've brought this up somewhere before, and isn't so much a game-changing suggestion, but more one of convenience.

Currently, when you go on holiday, you get the option to return on holiday when you're offered a job. Sometimes, this leads to you turning down jobs that you may want because they're at a lower reputation club (in an FM05 holiday game at Arsenal I turned down Liverpool, which I wouldn't if I had control). Perhaps something could be added, like a drop down menu, like "Return from holiday on offer from ____________" where the ______ could be a drop down menu of clubs or divisions (e.g., if I chose on offer from "German First Division", an offer from Leverkusen would trigger the game to stop the holiday). Perhaps also include an option to "reject job offers from __________".

29-07-2006, 09:16
In the next FM i would like to see players histories to include all competitive games and not just league historys. It does annoy me when you finish a season and look back at only league stats and nothing else.

--------5----
29-07-2006, 10:18
the game should have more off-field stuff.
for example a player might go to a night club or a bar the night before a game, and you should be able to find out and fine or something along the lines of it.

same with Irish. http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

sifrow
30-07-2006, 03:48
1. More FoW in transfers - MRCs hidden unless with a public bid. Hiding the asking price unless a public bid has been made.

2. Scouts need to make more than one report to reveal all player attributes.

3. Variance of reported attributes due to different scout ratings (Judge Potential/Ability).

4. More use of player interaction when they are happy/slight concern. The resolve button is hardly ever used.

5 More media interest before finals/semi finals or when a team is about to win the championship. EG You only need one point from your last two games, why no questions about this?

Thats it for now.

Brucester
30-07-2006, 12:57
Wouldnt mind seeing Chairman profiles back again, I remember on CM01-02 when I was Wigan, Dave Whelan retired and I got a new chairman!! Nice lil touch

Also, I'd like to see media-thingys relating to if a players in his last match for the club before retirement, or if its the last match before the end of the transfer window and chances are that Julio Arca won't stay at your Sunderland team because your finances are a bit rubbish and Blackburn have had a 3.5million bid accepted. You get the idea http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

gavlad6
30-07-2006, 15:01
i think that more detailed set piece training should be added. this could include clever free kick routines as well as corners. examples could be the Man Utd corner were you cross it to an awaiting player on the edge of the box to volley it.
just an idea

Namshub
31-07-2006, 04:09
Would anyone find a ghosting/trace of a selected players movements when viewing the match view.

I'd thought it would be interesting to monitor certain players movements within a game, but maybe i'm reading too much into the game engine and how I expect the AI players to react with their surroundings (eg zonal - man-man marking)

danish chelsea
31-07-2006, 07:02
I need expanded profile for ourselves including
1. Other nationalities
2. Languages spoken
3. Favoured tactics
4. Preferred Style of Play

Redjuh
31-07-2006, 09:17
Originally posted by Imajination:
-Ability to call Press Conferences

-World Cup squad profiles

-Players being distraught on missing major tournaments, also squad get together with 30 players or so for a week -

-ability to ban players speaking to media

-verbal agreement with club to sign player....bit like first option but offer to loan someone to them etc.

-ask 4th official for explanations during game

-have independent agents work on behalf of club and agree deal with you confiorming deal and paying agent substantial fee for concludoing deal.

-bring complaints about referees (please)

-world player of the year votes by national managers and national team captain should be implemented again with results and voting patterns shown.

-money making trips to Japan, Malysia etc+ amsterdam tournament should be as prestigious as in real life where best teams get invited.

-testimonials, players who become eligible become highlighted etc, then with list of their preferred opponents

http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif perfect list http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

- Improve Staff damnit, because I never listen to them.

- Transfer list every month announced with ability to comment

- More contract options :

- Make your own salary have even SENSE

- More praise options, allowed you to make moreee since you can only do 1 / month

- More talks with players

- More ability to scout players for example you can watch a match and you can Mark your wanted players so you follow his actions

- A diagram where you can see the VALUE of a player per month etc

- Better search function like:
SEARCH player with at least stats of ROBINHO

- Talks to player ex. "Tell player he will be playing in the Reserve squad for X weeks because of .."

Redjuh
31-07-2006, 09:22
- In squad selection --> Show how many players you have in the squad GK/Def/Mid/Att

- Have morale more influence

- Selling players should be easier, because now when you try to sell one he is very ****ed maybe there should be an option why you sell him and then accepts etc

Redjuh
31-07-2006, 09:34
- Sponsor deals
- Ability to say: "Try to Injury <player>"

It will cost you a red card, but hey http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

sifrow
31-07-2006, 11:30
Bettter manager appointments not

- big clubs managerless for over a year
- manager appointments the day after a sacking
- giving the caretaker manager the job full time after only one day

sifrow
31-07-2006, 12:11
The match engine to recognise each leg of two legged draws as seperate matches. I don't need to see "have lost a match they should have won" when I have won the second leg but lost the tie.

Fevs
01-08-2006, 01:14
Originally posted by gavlad6:
i think that more detailed set piece training should be added. this could include clever free kick routines as well as corners. examples could be the Man Utd corner were you cross it to an awaiting player on the edge of the box to volley it.
just an idea

I expect the opposition would suss this out pretty quickly!!

What you need is perhaps the ability to specify more than one action for each set-piece, and a figure to show how likely you are to use it.

E.G.

Corner (Right)

1. Near Post 70%
2. Short 20%
3. Scholesy type 10%

Free-kick (Attacking)

1. Cross to Best Header 50%
2. Cross to backpost 30%
3. Shoot 20%

Freekick Defending

1. Man-Mark 80%
2. Run out and play offside 20%

You obviously have to set up player positions/movements for each type, and then be able to save.

Plus you don't need to have all 3.

Any thoughts?

tigerfan
01-08-2006, 05:04
I have 1 suggestion.When you loan a player out you should get match reports like you do when one of your players goes on international duty.

supermas
01-08-2006, 05:06
Maybe a health warning on the pack:

Playing Football Manager is addictive, don't start!

sthptngomad76
01-08-2006, 19:54
Maybe abandoned matches like in CM 01/02 due to the weather.
And background changes! I kno its pointless but it does add a feeling of variety to the different screens. They can be in the style of the random non-specific CM01/02 pics...

romanista
01-08-2006, 22:02
I'd love to see a reserve league for the Italian leagues...and maybe two youth teams...would be nice so that you can hold more players...

Flatulant_Fox
01-08-2006, 23:54
Id like a physio report on injured players during the game, to find out the severity of the injury and if its a slight injury the player can carry on or not.

Also say when you are having bids rejected, say for a 3rd time, perhaps the players club could inform you of a minimum amount that they will sell for. Saves bidding loads of times and clubs tend to do this in real life sometimes to try and scare bids away.

aaronswindon
03-08-2006, 00:28
1. Ability for a manager of a semi-pro team to request to the board that the club turn professional (if request is accepted the board would state when the turn to pro would happen) If request unsuccesful reasons should be given.
2. A record of the winners of the play-offs in the history page of each respective league, also to appear in the club history.
3. As the highest attendance (in the english leagues under premiership) is achieved in the play-off this should be excluded from the league records or shown separately as this is played on a neutral ground.
4. Ability to turn on/off 'full detail' processing for european games / internationals / own division except your own team. It seems pointless when playing in the lower leagues or a non-international manager having such detail when it slows the game down.
5. There is always mention on the forum of watching 3D matches in future versions, this does has obvious benefits, however not at the expense of game speed when we already struggle to load up all the leagues we want to manage in one day.
6. Attendances are sometimes highly unrealistic. For example on a recent game with Dorchester, after gaining promotion from the Conference, playing our first ever game in league football and just going professional our attendance on the first game of the new season (of 466) was lower than the lowest attendance of the previous Conference season! Even taking into account some people are away on their summer holidays, I would presume there would be a much bigger attendance and a carnival atmosphere. A media message should also make note of this momentus occasion in the clubs history.

rashidi1
03-08-2006, 00:40
Dunno if its been mentioned here before...but my thoughts are focused to the International Management aspect of the game

1. A resume of sorts should be included into the managers profile..this should include his win-loss record in internationals, and achievements with different nations. For instance, my goal was to take ensure Denmark did well in the EC, we finished runners up. Which more than met the target. So the game should include, targets achieved or surpassed. I should not think this is too difficult to implement, tho by now, the format for 2007 has probably been frozen.

2. You should be given the option of choosing your coaching staff. I do depend on my ass man a lot, especially when it comes to team selection, he does the preliminary selection based on my tactic and I fine tune it. It saves me a lot of trouble and is to some extent realistic.

3. The use of scouts should be extended into International Management. You should have the option of scouting good players and add them to the national pool whenever you choose..At the moment I use my club scouts to do that which is a bit ridiculous. I'm coaching Turkey now and getting my Gateshead scouts to help me do my work.

4. Finally when you resign from your job it would be a nice touch if there is a news item or and FA reaction. If you'd achieve your targets then it would be nice if there was a reaction to you handing in your resignation. I'm not asking the game to start singing "please don't go", but these are all the small touches the game could have.

My ideas are probably not new, but its nice to bring it up now and then seeing that the original thread where these were discussed seems to have vanished.

cheers

R

CelticWiseman
03-08-2006, 03:08
I would love to see an option for "players not to age". I know it sounds totally unrealistic, but I feel sad or less inclined to play as my local team as by the time I reach the Prem, all the big players in the modern era may have retired or gotten old and lost it. I could edit the players details in an editor, I know this but it would be great to just have an option of turning regen off and leaving players as they are. Dont know how hard that is to code/develop but seeing a dream-team playing for my local team would really be great rather than a bunch of guys that either havent made it yet or fictional players.

Just an idea, one that would improve the game for myself and some others.

titchuk
04-08-2006, 07:28
I know it doesn't make any difference to the game, and isn't very important, but I'd like to see more names for regens, instead of having loads of the usual Jimmy Smiths.

Ryan4Rovers
04-08-2006, 07:46
I always thought that they took first and last names from players of the nationality already in the database and randomly mixed and matched them.

Palahnuik
04-08-2006, 10:15
They do.

sifrow
04-08-2006, 10:24
When warning/finng players they need to recognise that 2 yellows = 1 red and not think they've been treated unfairly.