PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

gubbs
27-12-2007, 14:50
Scandal

More media events for player scandals would be nice. Since players havea controversy rating why not make it actually do something?

Dodgey driving?
Failing to turn up for a drugs test?
Messy media court cases?
The dreaded Biography (crtiical of teammates/manager/club/fans)?
Turning up for pre-season 2 stone over weight?

gubbs
27-12-2007, 14:51
Suggestion: Feeder Club Criteria Search

Why not just let the player either a) find their own feeder club and assuming the AI team agrees to the link, precluding any other contradicting affiliation they may have etc, agreeing. b) Allowing the manager who has asked for a feeder club to use tick boxes for criteria. I.e. must be UK based, must have adequate facilities, must be in a specific division etc. Not a major alteration. Infinitely more useful. Infinitely more fun would be allowing the feeder clubs to make demands such as 50 match balls, investment in their training facilities, car park etc, if local using your training facilities for their part time staff etc. Doing player exchanges so their kids come to you once a week to train with your coaches etc.

Why not allow the parent clubs to manage their own academies? Why not allow me to find a local amateur team and invest in them? Obviously all pie in the sky but the sentiment of finding my own teams makes far more sense than this irregular, AI uselessness.

gubbs
27-12-2007, 14:52
Transfers

IRL even rubbish mega flop players get moved on to other clubs and fresh starts. There are always people who want to sign your players. I can understand it might be difficult to move on players in the lower leagues/semi professional conference scene but L2. L1. CH, PRM ought to have NO problems at all selling on players.

Why then can’t I get a fair price for anyone? I have offered players on free transfers and still nobody wants them. In the real world, if you put a player on the transfer list they will sell. It may be at a loss but they will go.

Everyone wants players. Think how many times has a foreign flop at a PRM team been sold? Veron? Kleberson? Djemba Djemba? Mutu?

Please consider making the AI far more likely to come in and buy players. I have had some players in my reserves squad who are playing internationally but attract zero interest even if I offer them for free.
That’s dumb.

Viduka for example at Middlesbrough has a value of 1m ish. I offer him for 500k and half the teams in the championship would fall over themselves to sign him. His reputation as a premiership striker assures him football.

In my game .. he has been sat in my reserve squad for two seasons on 30k per week and nobody wants him even on a free. IRL this would be absurd.

gubbs
27-12-2007, 14:53
Agents?! Where are they?

No agents in FM. In the real world agents dictate football transfers. Every player has an agent, every agent wants a cut, has ulterior motives etc such as with the dodgy media companies who "own player rights". Where's bungs? Why I cant I accept bungs or offer them? Where's the extra incentives, the "sweeteners" in transfer deals such as club car, club accommodation, living expenses percentage paid, media and sponsorship revenue percentages. Beckham is a brand; Real know that that’s why they signed him. They get 50% of all his media/sponsorship revenue ffs. Where are the doping tests and scandals? Not in FM. The lack of this kind of variety and complexity to the Ambition Machine makes SI dull and it is all too often too easy to view it as a rolling OO Database and not a game. Considering you guys have been at this for over a decade, it’s disappointing to see consistently the level of complexity we can find in other strategy or build-em-up games. CIV, Rome Total War, Master of Orion etc. It’s the little details that set a game apart from its competition.

The fact FM has no valid competition is possibly why innovation is so slow and implementation is often superficial. Sorry guys but the match engine is only half of being a football manager, the rest is the dark side of finance, transfers, property developments, affiliations, contracts, agents, bribed officials etc. If all that boils down to is a few multiple choice questions every week, it’s a sadness. Anyone can bung together some scripted events and triggers, that’s not what people expect from a series of this pedigree. The fact they are often only ever properly balanced out by patches compounds the disillusionment.

Themistofelis
28-12-2007, 01:46
my wishes

1. Devs never to forget that this is a game and it has to be fun & entertaining above all .First a game and then a simulation

2. Make the process run fast , really fast

3. Remove the gray players completely , if a team (from an unselected championship) wants to play in a European competition they should buy players, AI cheat using super grays and this is just stupid.

4. Players above all should go after money , look how many players from western championships moved to Russia & Ukraine , it is money not reputation or anything.

5. I want to be able to add /delete competitions in the editor , and add my B team in one of them.

6.Ability to turn off team talks, media and sucking

7. A tactics testing module , or ability to add tactics in AI folder and AI managers to use them, i really want to see how AI can play using my uber 4-3-3.

29-12-2007, 06:20
I think it would be a good adition for FM that you can also be assistant manager, not just club manager.
Than you would be able to make team if manager asks you, suggest players, and transfers (how much money too pay...)and also wages to players.

SO??? http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
what do you think??? http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

29-12-2007, 06:27
you should also be able to write anything you want in commenting some manager, also in half time.
EXAMPLES:
(Don`t give up!!)-half time
(You`re falling deep, really deep!)- manager com
(Your team cannot win)- manager com
(You`re too weak)- manager com
(you need to be faster!)- player half time com
(Just a little more...)- half time

101east
29-12-2007, 08:56
heres and ideaa...how about a game thats not f*k up? http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

duccio
29-12-2007, 09:10
A button to clear ass man's recommended team talks.

Wixy_geez
01-01-2008, 06:11
I think there should be a 'final offer' button. If you are negoiating a transfer or contract with a player then you should be able to tell them that the offer won't get any better.

Stonedroses
01-01-2008, 07:02
Happy new year everybody!

Receive information about manager post of other team

Let's say I'm at AFC Telford, but my aim is to coach Shrewsbury. I would like to be able to choose the posts I am aiming for, and then be informed if this post is vacant; so I can jump ship whitout every time checking the open post list.
It would be like the shortlist of the players.
Sorry if it's been said before.

random_jarrad
01-01-2008, 07:41
Quick thing- on the manager screen, where the Most Goals, Assists etc. is shown, would like to have a screen or stat showing who has been at fault for the most goals. Also, more tactical analysis would be nice- perhaps stockpiling past game tactics in the "Tactics" screen.

dbestfm
01-01-2008, 07:46
Some good suggestions but how about SI finally just totally work on the match engine and for 1 year forget about neat new features

SurvivorSoso88
01-01-2008, 08:23
Talk to the players !!!
that's managing actually...

tell something to them when you're making a substitution...to the player that's about to go in something like you can make the difference (not only at half time !) but any time i bring him in...or explain to the player that's coming off why i subed him (yellow card,i need you fresh in the next match,poor performance etc.)

bytheway
01-01-2008, 12:37
i think it wood be good if they added a continental hall of fame for players.
it could be worked out by club and international manager votes at the end of every year, with only one player making the holy grail every year.plus players can only make the hall of fame once in their career.
it would add something extra to look back on in a career-like game.
imagine that.

hyperion666
01-01-2008, 14:24
I want more tranparency in the tactics, give us something to help us understand strengths and weaknesses, and area to tweak in our tactics.

Something like an OPTA stats provider.

After all, real managers look at these stats to help them don't they?

01-01-2008, 15:17
Originally posted by Wixy_geez:
I think there should be a 'final offer' button. If you are negoiating a transfer or contract with a player then you should be able to tell them that the offer won't get any better.
That feature is already present. You can change the offer from negotiable to nonnegotiable, the latter being the equivalent of a final offer.

Originally posted by dbestfm:
Some good suggestions but how about SI finally just totally work on the match engine and for 1 year forget about neat new features
I personally am not of the belief that new features are the be all and end all and I would love to see SI merely concentrate on honing current features but I also understand that you need new features to rake in the punters. Bare in mind though that not all of us (myself included) even play with the match engine, not because of its flaws (not something I've ever particularly noticed) but because I've always preferred commentary only. It's faster for one thing and for another you cannot beat your imagination deciding how each goal was scored.

Originally posted by SurvivorSoso88:
Talk to the players !!!
that's managing actually...

tell something to them when you're making a substitution...to the player that's about to go in something like you can make the difference (not only at half time !) but any time i bring him in...or explain to the player that's coming off why i subed him (yellow card,i need you fresh in the next match,poor performance etc.)
Yes, you should be able to give the equivalent of a team talk to a player who you are bringing on as a substitute. Managers often if not always give a player a word or two before he's bought on.

kvadruple
02-01-2008, 08:25
One simple, but mayby imposible due to course of series - LESS BUGS IN 09 than in 08.

Manumoss
02-01-2008, 08:40
You Should Be able to tell the media that you believe one of your players should be in the national team

Powermonger
03-01-2008, 03:37
Originally posted by hyperion666:
I want more tranparency in the tactics, give us something to help us understand strengths and weaknesses, and area to tweak in our tactics.

Something like an OPTA stats provider.

After all, real managers look at these stats to help them don't they?

I agree wholeheartedly. I can appreciate that SI are constantly working at perfecting the match engine from release to release but I also wish they'd also look at developing the tactical settings and match engine interfaces even more.

Since CM4 and the introduction of the 2D match view, tactics and the match interface haven't been developed further which for such a core part of the game is a bit surprising.

DiscoStu94
04-01-2008, 09:33
Just a short little idea.

On the processing screen, instead of showing the numbers of stadium attendances, why not show percentages? Or you could use numbers and %'s.

Jonathan Farina
04-01-2008, 09:44
I've got one. For all those times that your team throw away a 4-0 lead to lose 4-5 a Media interaction feature that allows you to comment to the press about you team after the match. Something like...

"That was the worst display of football I've seen and you should be ashamed of yourselves"

etc etc...

It would really help my blood pressure and let the team know they simply weren't good enough.

Bagzinho
04-01-2008, 09:56
I'd love the ability to see a breakdown of goals scored and conceded, by percentage. For example:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Area of pitch scored from
<LI> Shot or header
<LI> Area of pitch that the final ball was played from [/list]

juno123
04-01-2008, 12:06
1] testamonials

2] be able to go to the training ground and practice a set piece etc.

3] in 2D match engine, show the stadium around the outside of pitch

dunner
05-01-2008, 09:29
An idea that is shamelessly taken from events in the news today....

Luton Town have made an appeal to Liverpool to donate their share of the gate receipts from their FA Cup third round fixture. The League One side are in administration with losses running at £400,000 a month and are in desperate need for investment.

I dont know if this would fall under a managers call but would be a nice addition.

Perhaps an option could be added to the game where you can call on the help of the big clubs to help you out if you are ever drawn against them in cups? And the big clubs can decide to offer their gate receipts without needing to be asked.

Tommy vercetti
07-01-2008, 02:59
Something about improving match engine i think that you should make big player like in pro evolution soccer with all details and then lessen him to look like you are watching some strategic game it would be nice to watch this instead those circles.Also it would be nice that you could change cameras view like birds eye,etc.
-Something about details in the game i newer seen any game in European cups that is judged by judge from the same country as the club on the pitch.
Also you should watch on the details of the lower leagues because a have seen many mistakes
you only make detailed leagues five but do not dedicate any moment to make all leagues more detailed.Also clubs in the lower leagues have players that do not have contract and club doesnt renew contract with those players.
Why dont you remove those shirts when you are playing the game because they look so plastic it isnt hard to make them look like in real world.
All details about players you can see from the clubs web pages and from transfermarkt and i dont see why you are making those mistakes.I have been playing the game with Milan against Varese and my player was going on the goalkeeper
one on one and there werent anyone but he sent the ball in left side behind the goal any player who is going for a goal has to score that,especially if he has finishing and composure 17-20.That could only stop goalkeepers like kahn,casillas,buffon,players who have reflexes,and one on one 18-20.
When you are shooting a penalty main attribute should be concentration,form,and penalty shooting.
Football manager is my best game and I cant wait next version to come and in past years I stay disappointed.Why dont you make game completely detailed and in future versions only do little corrections like player updates and so on.
It isnt fun to play game if you see that is unreal and that AI isnt "smart".
Only one thing I would like that I could start the game in pre-season so i could finish the training with my players especially when I am playing the european matches because AI arranges me friendly matches when i must play european cups i should be have the ability to make training sessions with my players before league and european cups begin=my players are coming in the match unfit.Also i dont know why there is scouting players and next opponent because every player is blank and i dont see the point so remove blank players.Thanks for giving me space to post my wish(es)!!!!! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Paulinho1111111
07-01-2008, 10:50
If this is in here already i apologise, im not reading 34 pages with 10,000 word posts hehe http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I would like the "target man" assigning to be positional, instead of assinging the individual player your pick for example Striker right and whoever plays Striker right is the target man. Im so tired of swapping the target men around and im sure it wouldnt be a hard thing to do.

aaberdeenn
07-01-2008, 14:31
It can't be outdated, it just continues on every year, there's no end or start for that matter.

Just add your contribution and see what everyone has to say.

aaberdeenn
07-01-2008, 14:32
Originally posted by aaberdeenn:
It can't be outdated, it just continues on every year, there's no end or start for that matter.

Just add your contribution and see what everyone has to say.

Wrong thread. http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon13.gif

Facers1
07-01-2008, 16:49
My only suggestion would be to be able to tell a player / "Players Agent" to find a new club ? As i think that this would solve my biggest of the game ( the ability to get rid of deadwood ).

PS Has anyone ever had contact with an agent ? i think i did back in fm2007 once, but it was a long time ago ... Might have been in a dream state.

Harv88
07-01-2008, 17:04
on FM 07 i had contact with a players agent he said his player was interested in my club and would like to move if the clubs could agree a fee, so you wernt dreaming.
i would like to have the option to create my own competions from scratch instead of just moving teams around with the editor, and to be a player manager would be cool imo.

07-01-2008, 20:11
the transfers are a jk in my opinion. the cost of players is way too unrealistic. you have a new record transfer a couple of times every season. you basically need a transfer budget of 40+mill to buy anyone decent and that limits the fun really. because all we want is to create our own little dream team so to speak and by getting only 2mill you wont be able to get anybody, even 10mill you cant get anyone in FM but in real life you obviously can. if this part of the game was fixed it would be a far better game.

GillsMan
08-01-2008, 11:10
I would like to see Manager of the Month awards being given a minor overhaul. We all know that the manager of the year award is a more or less foregone conclusion - especially in the EPL - whoever wins the EPL wins the manager of the year prize.

But manager of the month is different. I have consistently overachieved with my Gillingham side and the best I've ever gotten is a runner up to the manager of the month. One month, I was top of the league having played 5, lost one. Although Dennis Wise of Leeds did one better than me, having played four or five and only drawn one, his club are a lot bigger than mine, and I beat Nottingham Forest away, spanked Carlisle 3-0 away, etc.

This is just one example of one month. THe point is, the manager of the month isn't just awarded to the manager that has accrued the most points, it's the manager that's performed above expectations. If I, or my team (if I've just taken over it) have been struggling at the foot of the table all season, but, say, in February I notch up three wins and two narrow losses, but those three wins get me off the bottom and the narrow losses were against the top two sides, surely I'd be in for a shout, at least in the top three nominations for manager of the month?

Remember SI - it's the attention to detail that you guys have that make us love this game!

FOREST_4_EVA!!!
08-01-2008, 14:46
A 3D match engine would be excellent and with stadium features it would be even better!!!

Or there could be the option to c;lick on a stadium in a clubs infomation screen and a stadium profile comes up containing details on ground and perhaps a photo for good measure (similar to player profiles). http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

Buying houses, cars etc would be a waste of time in my opinion, after all it FOOTBALL manager not Car manager! Or a cheap attempt at a copy of FM (e.g Total Club Manager)! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon13.gif

Scath
08-01-2008, 15:39
It might be an overly complex idea, but, I'd love it if leagues were able to (slowly) gain and lose reputation (or whichever exact stat controls it).

What I mean by this is, let's say you start a game in a weaker, or weakish league, let's use a silly example and say San Marino. Would it be possible if the success of the various clubs in the league to slowly improve the reputation and thus the standard of the league?

This isn't something I'd want to be a huge factor in the game, but if you happen to be managing a team from let's say Portugal, and you start winning competitions in Europe and begin to attract top quality players, if another team in the league happens to be doing something similar, would you be able to see an increase in League Rep, thus allowing for increased TV revenue, etc.

If done gradually enough, this could really change the feel of some games, and if we consider how some leagues sometimes lose their attractiveness, I'd love to see that have an influence on the game.

Tommy vercetti
09-01-2008, 07:32
I have some fresh ideas/critics about the transfer part of the game.
I have read on the internet that man city manager Sven Goran Eriksson is interested in buying Roma`s Brazilian Mancini and worth of that transfer would be for about 16 million pounds.Question is why in the game I have to pay for that player 60 million pounds.Prices in the game are far from realism and I would like that you change that.
I don`t get it for young players price is low and for older players price is high.Clubs in the game are buying players that are setting for retirement and young players are going in smaller clubs that isnt just right.
One wish only is to make that any club can buy any player if he has enough funds to pay his wages,because I was going to buy some brazilian player and gave him twice higher salary and he refused,players shouldn`t judge by reputation of league and reputation of country especially if some european club has offer for him and if he is playing european competitions.If you have enough money you should have ability to buy any player you want because everyone has his own price.I would be grateful if AI is going to be smarter,because I have also read that Hideo Kojima`s wish is to make most realistic games,and he made many like MGS,and I dont see why the best game Manager shouldnt wish to become game which is displayed on most realistic way.Thanks!!!!

llama3
09-01-2008, 09:18
Setting up football academies in foreign countries - I would love to have an academy in the Ivory Coast for example to pick up another Toure or a Drogba.

An assistant manager that gives feedback on tactics (someone suggested this on another thread, cannot remember who but this isnt my own idea) instead of just telling me alex hleb is a weak player which is something i disagree with

In the champions league qualifiers the seeded team plays the 1st leg away from home as per real life.

Contentious issues like "did the ball cross the line" and things like that

mass brawls

more professional fouls by the keeper

ability to design the goalkeepers kit in the editor

for the reject all offers function to reject all enquiries too - no means no! I will not sell Fabregas no matter what the offer.

Oh and the final thing I would like is to choose what kit I wear on away games or finals, I dont like wearing my home kit away from home and would like the choice of kit, just a simple options screen that comes up as you select your side.

soundian
10-01-2008, 17:03
I'd like the ability to ask the board to make the team professional when playing with a semi-pro club.At the moment I've "brick-walled" several times. I've taken a clubs into leagues where there are pro teams, held my own, finished above several pro teams, but I can't sign any better (or even comparable) players to those that I have.I assume this is because the pro players are unavailable to me and looking at the contracts of players available after my ass man has filtered them this seems to be true, very few F/T players come up. I'm fed up constantly re-scouting the same duff players season after season.
Result-stagnation and a gradual decline in the team as the better players age.
Several seasons now I haven't been able to spend anything but a fraction of my transfer budget,on back-up players, and my wage spend has been about 50% of my budget. If I could at least make a board request(and subsequent ultimatum) then I'd know where I stood and whether to accept a new contract or cut my losses and drop down a league to an under-achieving but higher rep team, which I've had to do several times.

soundian
10-01-2008, 17:52
Also, Latest Scores, why are the teams round about me always listed as "kick off". Do you think I won't have my PA, a ball boy, one of the reserves or whoever checking the internet, sky sports news or even the radio to keep me up to date on current scores when my promotion/relegation is in the balance?

arsenal_2111
12-01-2008, 06:31
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE re-add the first option clause!

There are so many reasons why this is needed, but mostly becausre i dont want to buy a player(e.g. Breno) just to have him in my reserves for 3 seasons. I also dont want to have to pay twice as much for a player after a few seasons, and run the risk of him miving clubs.

To do this effectivly, the club who want the first option clause would ave to pay a fee to the club wether they buy the player or not. I think this would be a great adition, and really hope it is included in 09!

NSYW
12-01-2008, 07:45
Originally posted by sirdez24:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kyle Jenner:
the option to buy a youngster then loan em back to the club for a year as part of the season... or can you already do this?

This is something I really want to see as well. For example, if you're buying a stand out youngster from a team in a lower division, as an incentive (like a sell on fee or a buy back price) you should be able to give them the option of being able to take the player back on loan for another 12 months or so.

The other thing I would like is the ability to release a media comment pushing a player for international selection in the media if they are uncapped and performing above a certain rating. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Juz change ur transfer date to end of season lol

cafe_latte
12-01-2008, 08:02
Here's what I want to see in Football Manager 2009:

1. Fairer results. A team with 30+ shots on & off target should not lose a game when the opposition had only a couple.

2. This is probably linked with No.1, but stil, I feel the need to add this.. A return to the match engine used in the 7.0.2 patch of FM07 - at least things ran more smoothly and match day events were a wee bit more realistic compared to FM08s shambolic excuse of a match day engine.

3. I feel International Management needs further tweaked. Friendly dates were bizzarly left out of the 7.0.2 version of FM07 and once again this has happened on FM08. Do SI realise that THERE IS friendy dates in February/March, and normally before the major finals (Euro Champs & WC) there are pre-tournament tourneys, friendlies, etc, such as the Kiran Cup, etc, etc.

4. To further add to International management, I feel that calling up duel-nation players need to be fair. Not every player born in Scotland, but has England as his 2nd nationality will want to play for England, even if they started their career down south. And same goes with if they were born in England and started their career down south. A return to FM07s selection process would be welcomed, or indeed a tick box to either select declaration on or off at the start of the game, or in Preferences.

4. The Highland League added as a Playable league in Scotland! And if it doesn't break any potential Licence agreement - the option to add divisions to a country's national league set-up.. eg: A League 3, and then what would proceed after that would be the Conference/Non-League divisions, or maybe add the Highland League as a division that can worked as a non-league division...that would be mental!http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

5. More stats and attributes added to a Human Managers profile and the option to add more than one favourite team, and also the option to add favourite players too.

6. This one baffles me completely as it should be in FM08 as it should've been in FM07 aswell. Where is the option to be critical to a player that is on-loan at you team? You simply cannot do it, and therefore should be either implicated in the 8.0.2 patch of FM08, or indeed added to Football Manager 2009.

7. Some people in real life actually have MORE than just 2 nationalities. My fiancee is Scottish, English and Canadian, and this option should maybe be added aswell to Human Managers. Also, the option to maybe select additional languages if you don't have any other nationality.

8. I know it's a footy manager sim, but more internal club interaction would be nicer. this could range from anything really, but for an example, your Chairman/Club Owner/President could approach you to ask you if the club should expand the capacity of the stadium, and also by how much.

9. This is more of a re-intoduction, rather than a new thing, but in finances in the 7.0.0 version of FM07, you were able to check more-or-less everything financially about clubs in the countries you have selected in the Finance section of FM. Now you can only check who is the richest club... I liked the old way betterhttp://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

10. An option to add Career stats to your profile as you would find if you checked Gareth Southgate, etc. I think that would make it look a wee smidge more realistic as in a human manager side of things.

Any feedback on my suggestions would be great!

Christopher Cox
12-01-2008, 09:22
Programme notes. In a similar way to the media asking you what you think the upcoming game will be like, how about you pick an option to be printed in the matchday programme under the manager's comments and the fans react?

Fanzines would be good, with fans giving their opinions on particular players, how they are played in terms of what position they are given, that kind of thing.

Favoured personnel, if you can pick your favourite club then surely you should be able to pick 2 or 3 of your favourite people in football to be under favoured personnel on your profile?

13-01-2008, 02:10
I'm sorry if someone has mentioned this as I havn't read the whole thread but the appealing of red cards is quite stupid. I have never ever won an appeal before can someone please tell me if they have? I like that they have included it but if you can never win an appeal then really there isn't much point in having it as an option.

JamesTheSuperBlue
14-01-2008, 07:51
Firstly, with all the stories in the football world over the last 3-4 years about money-grabbing agents and their fees, perhaps it's time to incorporate it into the game? When on a contract negotiation screen, there could be a box in there with the demand of the agent and how much you want to offer him to persuade his client to sign with you. Adds another dimension - if, for example, the player requests fair wages and you can afford them but his agent asks for an extortionate fee which you cannot afford or do not agree with out of priciple, then you could call off the deal. More realistic!

Secondly, real-time negotiations. I didn't think that you had an offer accepted, offered the player a contract and then had him say whether he accepted it or not as much as a week later. So here's an idea. After having a bid accepted, have a news message/email come up on the news screen saying 'x has arrived at the ground for contract negotiations'. If he dicides he doesn't want to come before you've even offered a contract, then have a message or email after the bid has been accepted saying that the player is not interested - don't have it on the contract negotiation screen.

Once you get the message saying the player has arrived for negotiations, go to the contract screen and make the offer to him and his agent. IN REAL TIME. If he doesn't like your offer, have a little message appear at the bottom of the contract screen saying he is rejecting it and that he is either insulted and will leave, or he'd like to proceed. So straight away, in real time, offer him another deal which he'll hopefully accept. The player could actually ask for time to think about your offer, go away, and come back to you with his answer or a request for further negotiations a few days or weeks later. If he does accept, you should have the chance to conclude the deal there and then on the contract negotiation screen with the click of a button.

Yhis would be far more realistic. I was under the impression that contract negotiations and signings are mostly concluded in a few hours, whether the player accepts or rejects, although he could, as i said, ask to go away and think about it. So it would make sense to have 'real time' contract negotiations, just like FM08 has the new 'real time' substitutions.

JamesTheSuperBlue
14-01-2008, 07:54
I find it annoying having all the stadium and training facility decisions taken at the start of a new season in June. I found out with Southend that I'm getting capacity crowds every game at home. I discovered this early on, thought it was affecting revenue and so asked for a stadium increase. The board accepted the request but the plan wasn't put into action till 9 months later at the end of the season.

I find this unrealistic. You never see this in real football. Southend and Brighton's plans and battles with the govt. for their new stadiums are ongoing in real life, and I know that for Southend, plans were submitted and council meetings held slap bang in the middle of last season. Bristol Rovers are playing at Cheltenham because their stadium is being expanded now, in the middle of the season, and Colchester's new ground is going up as we speak. It would be much more realistic if building projects were done in the middle of the season.

Perhaps to make it even more realistic,as well as not having stadium decisions confined to the end of the season, the board could give you updates on the new stadium, such as when plans are submitted, and when permission is granted, and what benefits the board feel the new stadium will bring to you and the team. Also, if any expansion work on a particular stadium involves increasing capacity by more than a few thousand, perhaps the club in question could move to a nearby club and groundshare? This would make good use of the city latitude and longitude settings in the editor.

Some of you might not care about all this but I'm an attention to detail and realism freak, so ner http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Thunder God
14-01-2008, 08:30
I’ve come into this thread very late indeed. Many of my suggestions may have already been put forward, if not all of them, but here goes anyway:

The ability to talk to a player outside of the media. Talk to them about their form, why they are left out of the team, what they can do to get back in etc. Equally I’d like a player to break down my door and complain to me in person or come in to the office to make requests, discuss their future and so on.

Better communication and involvement from the team captains. Varied options here from team related issues to asking them to lead by example, rally the troops etc.

Improved media in general. Less repetition, more flair in the use of language and a complete do away with repeated quotes and questions. No I’m not interested in signing player X, you should know this as I’ve now told you so seven times. Guttuso would make a good coach? Great, but I heard you the first eight times.

Also with media how about making winning something a bit more of an event? I don’t want pretty pictures of cups and that sort of nonsense but something other than pleased/delighted at winning the title and to focus on future challenges. It would be nice if it felt like an achievement was recognised by both the board and the fans.

Although there is a wonderful sound-pack available on the forums the game really should have more variety sound wise out of the box. Different atmospheres at different venues, different crowd noises based on size of support and location in the world. It’s probably the easiest thing SI could change/improve.

Key area for me would be an improvement in AI managers. More individuality, more personality traits. This would include, but not limited to, the types of players a manager likes to sign. Some managers should prefer to bring in promising players, others go for stars, others still prefer to build a team of consistent battlers.

Some sort of game memory wouldn’t hurt. It would be great if over time new rivalries were created and old, less regional ones fell away.

Clubs need to be more realistic when trying to find new managers. In the games I’ve played when Sir Alex retires he’s been replaced by Steve Coppel and Bryan Robson when world class managers were waiting without a club.

While I’m not totally against a 3D match engine some middle ground could be achieved. The player icons on the pitch tell you very little. It would be nice to see which foot a player is striking the ball with, when they are jumping, when they are jostling for position and when they are sliding in or going to ground. At the moment it looks like a bit of a blob orgy. A new graphical model would make all the difference in the world.

Other than some of the more obvious match engine fixed that have been mentioned to death that about covers it for me.

cafe_latte
14-01-2008, 09:35
I love the little circled blobs! Though I am presently playing my matches with just the commentary as I'm getting better and more realistic results.

Barside
14-01-2008, 09:51
Just one little idea but I thought I'd add it before it is forgotten.

A list of competitions that a player is currently cup tied for in their profile.

Currently when I get to the mid-season transfer window & a players history shows that they have appeared in a cup match I have to trawl through their teams fixture just to find out which cup(s) it is.

It would be much easier to see something along the lines of;

A Player
FA Cup: Yes
FA Trophy: No
Setanta Shield: YES

14-01-2008, 13:39
As managers we have judgments of players' abilities and potentials. So we must see a player's abilities according to our capabilities. I mean, sometimes we could have easily misjudge abilities or capacities of any player. Thus managers can make wrong decisions about players they are monitoring and be have to rely on their staff's opinions much more than ever. With the nature of their adaptabilities and psychologies players may not perform %100 at their teams.

14-01-2008, 13:52
excuse me if i am wrong but a player who can jump 20/20 and is 170 cm long cannot get a header from a player who can jump 15/20 and is 195 cm long. Also one dc who has a jumping level 19 but heading level 4, can't be considered weak in the air.

Barside
14-01-2008, 15:43
Originally posted by DavorSuker:
excuse me if i am wrong but a player who can jump 20/20 and is 170 cm long cannot get a header from a player who can jump 15/20 and is 195 cm long. Also one dc who has a jumping level 19 but heading level 4, can't be considered weak in the air.

I'mnot sure eithert point holds water TBH.

On the first one a smaller guy with an explosive, well timed jump can & often will beat the bigger bloke with less technique I was a case in point 1m65 but regulary beat much bigger guys in the air because I worked at it.

As for the second comment regarding not considering a playing with high jumping ability but low heading as weak in the air again this goes to technique. Yes he may be able to get height on his leap but if he can't direct a header to an intended target what use is he? All you get is the big lumbering centre half seeing his headers go straight up in the air, behind for corners, onto an on-rushing midfielder or worst of all in the back of his own net.

ald
14-01-2008, 17:49
How about som non-FIFA nations such as Jersey,Greenland,Sápmi etc...
and also some non FIFA cups such as VIVA world cup,UNPO cup,ELF cup etc...

I think it would be alot better to include rather than exclude http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

tgarve999
14-01-2008, 20:45
i dont know if SI are still looking at this thread in consideration for 09.

My main wish-list or possible improvements would be:

Increased variation in media.

International management improved a little more.

More links and quicker ways to go about things. Extremely helpful would be a button to make a player available for the reserves rather than having to go into the menu. So on the squad screen. The extra buttons on news items is one of the unsung positives of the latest version in my eyes!

More manager interaction.

The transfer centre showing all the criterea for different loan deals offered and the abiity to quickly view this when looking through the offers ths being able to choose the best one for your club quickly.

The transfer offer/ enquiry system being slightly tweaked ( less silly negotiation[jumping from a ridiculously high valuation to accepting a much lower offer by the AI], more straight to the point acception/ rejection as in real life its pretty rare for a club to tell you a players sale price! )

More incentives. promises available to offer players in contract offers possibly?

Improved tactics & training more interaction between the two. I likes the ideas in the bootroom fanzine. Maybe a bit OTT but could slightly be implemented (the set piece trainer)

More recognition for yourself as a manager as you progress in time on the game. More recognition of your titles earned and ability to transform/ improve clubs.

More one off individual events occuring that rarely happen. Would add a bit more of a personal feel to the game.

Especially as time goes on so the game feels less repetitive and more exciting and refreshing.

Some things which would be interesting and satisfying would be:

More range of media stories, some which occur very rarely. News items whch are unique and new occuring as you progress. Ie when you have had a certain amount of time in management.

eg. News item such as: Tomas has now reached his [nth] year/match as a manager, a number of people including [list 2-3 in game friends/ other managers] have thanked him for his time and passion for the game. He has managed at [Clubs]His honours so far have been the [Trophy] with [Club] And he is currently managing with [CLub] Or something alternative/ different for manaing for a long time at a club or achieving a trophy more than once etc.

Great players/ managers honours being noted in the game whence they retire.

llama3
15-01-2008, 07:20
Originally posted by MAN_U_MAN:
I'm sorry if someone has mentioned this as I havn't read the whole thread but the appealing of red cards is quite stupid. I have never ever won an appeal before can someone please tell me if they have? I like that they have included it but if you can never win an appeal then really there isn't much point in having it as an option.

i think (cannot remember for certain) i won an appeal on an earlier version might be FM06 or might be as far back as CM4, however in real life very few red cards are overturned.

Oh and please can we have the issues about "did the ball cross the line"

The_Ultimate_Red_Devil
15-01-2008, 07:28
Opposition Instructions:

Can we please be able to select more than one player at a time and choose what instructions we want to give for them? It would save time. I'd also like to be able to see what positions each sub on the opposing team can play in that one screen.

GoalKeepers & Player Ratings:

Is there any way player ratings could be changed to go have .5 increments available instead of only going up/down by 1s? Some examples of how this may apply to keepers:

Keeper is caught out of position, opposition player piledrives the ball into the back of the net: rating down by 1

Defender does a clumsy challenge from behind in the box... penalty... goal: rating down by .5

Goalkeeper lunges at the ball and knocks down an opposition striker... penalty... goal: rating down by 1

Defender gives the ball away in a bad position, opposition player scores.

onecockygeezer
15-01-2008, 08:22
i dont know if metioned before as i haven't had the time to look at 35 pages but id like the option when creating a new manager at the start of the game to be asked if id like to be an international manager with the same <user>.

e.g entering your details, what club you're going to be (if not unemployed) then confirming, and like the current wizard "do you want to add another manager?", just before being asked that if you was asked "would you also like to take on an international team?"

i only say this as quite often i would like to manage certain international teams at the start of the game, but i dont feel international management is quite fulfilling enough to alone manage there. but i also dont see the point in creating another user and playing the game with two teams on different names.

maybe not too realistic, but it could possibly only be asked if your reputaion which you add at the start was international footballer
just an idea just one of many.......

daddiopimpio
15-01-2008, 10:33
i'd like to see more incentives to add to a players contract to lure him to the club... like setting up foreign players with a rented property or a car or other things to perhaps make them settle quicker. i know a little random but players can be demanding right??? also if you move jobs i'd like to see an option to take your current backroom staff with you as a team, this happens alot.

cruyff14
15-01-2008, 11:10
I would like to just see a game that works with a realistic transfer system not as soon as a player goes on your shortlist every club in the world tries to sign him, youth players who never get a game or see the first team transfering for 20 million quid. more interaction especially with international managers in fact just sort the whole international management out as you done a p**s poor job this time round ! Get rid of the stupid 30 attempts on goal and score none in fact just rebuild the game from scratch beacuse I have played this game since it's conception and this latest one is the worst one ever it feels completely rushed and unfinished when you play it and that skin is tacky so just make one that works please !

Hitman 47
15-01-2008, 12:55
I have played a game wit Milan and my young players under 20 were having a match against Roma`s players under 20 and only goalscorer was Ludovic Guly and I am asking myself how could this happen(please fix this).
Then I would like although i think that wouldnt be necessary but for those guys who tells that if game would be realistic that no one would be playing it,but i say that they are wrong many people dont play this game because it has many bugs and in many areas it is unrealistic that needs fixing I would like that you put in two modshttp://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gifne mod for players who want realism and one for them who doesnt need.
I dont see the point of scouting because i have no players to scout because they are all blank.
Then I cant buy any good players because I have low budget or theyre value is too unrealistic.
I can not understand That if I have good players maybe best i can not beat clubs from lower leagues should beat them with 8-0 like it was in FM 2006 but also I confess that if you have even clubs they should win with 2-1 it depend on the opponents strength.
I would also like that you improve AI with when season is over and when they must choose which players they should put on transfer list they should put players which were undisciplined or who played little or who doesnt posses enough quality.
One problem is pain in the ass and it is that you cant buy players from rival clubs I mean good players in the real world Milan could buy Jaap Stam or Alessandro Nesta.
I would like that you fix that when you buy some player or you are beaten from some ultra big club your fans express their sadness and they didnt even seen that player to be playing to judge about him.
Little things make game great!!!!!!Thank you on your time.

mustang76
15-01-2008, 23:44
I would like to be able to change the way a country plays and the standard of the kids coming through over a 10 year period. E.g In Australia before the last World Cup the FFA hired Hiddink as Manager. He Changed the way the Socceroos play from a very british way to more of a dutch way now the FFA have hired a dutch technical director and he has brought in that all kids 5-12 i think it is. Can only play 5 a side games and so on. To improve the Technically of the Kids comming through. Now we have sign Veebeck another Dutch manager to continue the Dutch system that is be put in place. It will take 10 years but the kids coming out of Australia may be playing for the big clubs Man u,Barcalona, R.Madrid one day not middle of the road Prem clubs and lower league english clubs. I would LIke somethink like this in Fm

Marshdweller
16-01-2008, 11:27
An option for your target man: The ability to tell him to flick the ball on or hold it up (or a mixture), rather than just nominating the target man and telling the rest of the players how to supply him.

As a result, it would be nice to be able to instruct the target man's strike partner what to do, i.e., tell the big guy to flick it on, and the partner to run in behind the defence onto the flick ons, if that makes sense...

ghostb
16-01-2008, 11:36
i'd like to see 3d graphics..i don't mean great detail graphics like fifa manager..just a thing to see our players and really notice a tough sliding tackle for example...cause now..we just have to take their word for it..http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif...

sheriffpatgarrett
16-01-2008, 14:10
Could have been nice (maybe not too frequently though) if a player favours a move because of the background staff at the club. Could be a goalkeeping coach, assistant manager or just a coach.

fonz
16-01-2008, 14:49
A bit more realism with regards to the hiring and firing of managers. In no game I've played his etheir Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger remained at their clubs more than 2/3 years after the game starts, usully getting sacked for coming third or forth. We can be pretty sure that won't happen.

Older managers with a world class, or at least high reputation should maybe be a little more selective in their choice of jobs. To be honest, Kevin Keegan put me in mind of this. He probably wouldn't have signed for any club bar Newcastle. Capello probably wouldn't have went to many other jobs apart from England.

This might be in 2008, I havn't played very far in it and always forget to check, but I've always thought players should react to the hiring or firing of managers more.

sheriffpatgarrett
18-01-2008, 05:22
I think it could be handy to during matchday have an option under "Replays" to only show re-runs of your own goals, and not your opponents.

ladbroke
18-01-2008, 06:02
Too many posts to read in too little time..

I'm sorry if already asked but...

A lot of you will know this from managing LL that teams don't have a lot of money. You don't offer more than a season, two at most, for fear of that player not doing well and not being able to be sold, so you have to release and the fees being ridiculous. Even mutual, players are not happy to be released, when I think that if a player was offered a mutual agreement, they would take it more than not, due to them knowing they are not wanted.

Take my Brentford. Most players now have 2 year deals, and if released would cost a fair bit to the club. I've got two requests.

1: If a team offers mutual agreement, then that would more likely be accepted than not. Its rarely accepted. (I started new game and first thing I done was tried to release player and he refused).
2: I would love the ability to offer an option into a contract. I can offer 1 year contracts with option of extending that to two years. That way, I'm not taking a big financial risk.

Themistofelis
18-01-2008, 06:23
When i transfer list a player that let's say cost 3m always to be able to sell him for 3m inside the next few days .

kvadruple
18-01-2008, 09:08
better stadium expansion - sometimes you have money for expansion (cca 5 mil in club), board say - we will expand stadium, and after two seasons - they dont expand stadium (capacity) - only build undersoil heating (for low capacity stadium which is not enoug for current club).
I wand not only request stadium expansion, but more control over it (e.q. expand it by 10k seats insted aonly of 5k, build undersoil heating, retracable roof..etc - similiar when board as you recomendation for sister (feeder) club.
And implemented league rules for stadiums - in current game is possible to play games on stadizum with capaciti 3,9k when real-life rules request minimal 6k stadium (and this board dont get in acount).

kvadruple
18-01-2008, 09:12
and I forget - ability to talk with player which get to many (yellow) card - I want have a chance to improve his discipline, currently system with talks/fines only for red cards is not enough.

Apocalypse
18-01-2008, 15:39
I think a good feature would be when u get senior players to coach/train/tutor the youth players theres and option for the lentgh of time to tutor the player which can be cancelled at any time if the 2 players do not get along.

Also a player rating for professionalism/conduct instead of dirtyness so a player like joey barton would rate about -150 but a gary lineker would get a 20

stephen22051987
18-01-2008, 23:18
the youth system in england mainly because i only ever pick man united but there is only a 18s team correct me if i'm wrong but we have 9s-18s maybe not as low as 9s but 16s at least would be nice and ways of locating the top young talent like scouting searches before they get signed to clubs our training camps/soccer schools or holding local under age tournaments to find a player, i cant speak for everyone but i certainly get the most enjoyment out of watching a player i signed as a kid thrash professionals and also to have a greater hand in there up bringing like if you pay alot of attention to them and work on them they come on more like cantona tutored giggs and beckham after training and look at them while i'm aware your game features tutoring it has little effect as far as i see and the player tutoring his skills should start to show towards the player he is tutoring he can only teach them what he knows after all perhaps a mentoring stat hidden would be a good feature plus that mentoring stat the higher it is the better manager/coach they'd become? and a slightly more unrealistic thought a fantasy draft? And maybe agents more key like top players have agents and you could ask the agent any players looking for a move or the agent could come to you if you've done business before like pini zavhi (spelling incorrect i'm sure) did with manchester united. Awards to raise the value of players beyond they're current value sharper like 30m turns to 35m and greater attention to youth football in the game players you never see a player come up like zlatan again or a player whos mental attributes are all high they're usually too varied like stats should compliment each other long shots-technique for one should be close in value to one another loads of examples one on ones-reflexes, acceleration-speed-agility, strength-balance, fair enough they're are exceptions but more often then not that seems to be the case that one stat compliments the other in really like especially in the mental side of the game crativity-anticipation for forward players mainly wingers should be quicker than your avarage spawned player love the game even though it sounds like i hate it by the rant just some thoughts i hope you find useful

19-01-2008, 03:56
Sorry if this has been brought up earlier on, but one thing I think that is sooo needed on the match engine, is a mini talk to a sub before he goes on.

Like tell him "sure up the defence" for a DC, or "you can make a difference" to a F or ST?

It could change the game by giving that sub a morale boost before heading on, and make it feel like you are more in control of you sub actions?

I think that would be a fantastic add to the game, and one that it needed soon!

kvadruple
19-01-2008, 04:12
ability to start "youth cups", for current non-draft players - you set lenght of cup, prize for best player, "greatness" (local,regional, natinal, cetral europe, europe-wide..etc) - for simple reason - only to find possible stars which previously are missed in young player signing at start of season.

kvadruple
19-01-2008, 06:17
and another - ability to buy (lover league) clubs and become chairman/manager of buey club.

This will surely bring many new interesing options to manage club. And give you option to spendf yours hard earned 10M .

And one question ? When players recive bonuses for legue position/winned cup, why bonuses dont recive manager too ?

Barside
19-01-2008, 11:25
I would love to see a more accuarte simulation of the manager/board relationship.

Currently I'm managing East Fife &hav ebeen for 3 seasons, in the last 2 seasons I've provided back to back titles to secure a Scottish 1st division place.

At the start of the new season the board did not offer any money for transfers despite the club having nearly £1m in the bank, I'm not happy with this so request some funds which the board rejects.

Due to my recent success I've been linked to a number of jobs so I decide to apply elsewhere & what is the boards reaction? They issue a quit or be sacked ultimatum, now surely with my recent promotions the board IRL would try their hardest to keep me be that with an improved contract or the transfer funds I requested.

Why every time that I seem to apply for a job I'm told to consider clearing my desk? Surely the board would rather have the compensation if I did leave should they not be able to keep me.

What would also be nice to see is a 'permisssion to speak to' request or the addition of contractual clauses allowing me to speak to a specific club should they have a vacancy.

Examples: Can talk to a top division club or can speak to favourite club.

Wolfrain
19-01-2008, 14:59
On the split screen while playing a match can't we have more than two things viewable at a time. For example when playing I like to view the overview (because my short tem memory is really bad) on the left and on the right I like to view the match stats and when there is action the pitch comes on the left overtaking the overview but below the match stats and overview there is so much screen real estate not taking up by anything. I like to regularly check the table and other latest scores so could we not have an option of having the ability on setting how many things we want to view.

Also why can't we suggest to player if they should take nationality with a particular nation especially if it helps with work permits in the future.

Also why is it so hard to sell players. Unless you want to sell a world class player most of the players you will try and sell will not be attractive to anyone. Just before I sold Louis Saha he was player of the season. I put him on the transfer list and offered him to clubs with a price I thought was reasonable. No club was interested but a few attempts later by reducing the price well below his worth I got an offer. It is even harder to sell player's who have less of a reputation.

Manchester United has one of the most expensive youth systems in the world and for some reason in the game their is difficulty in trying to find regens that are worth playing in the top half of the Championship let alone the Premiership. It seems like in several years the quality of football would dramatically decrease.

The national teams for some reason prefer to play over-aged players than young fresh talent. What is up with players' abilities not decreasing as they age as well. I have Menez who has been the best left midfielder in the Premiership and Champions League for last two seasons yet he still cannot get an appearance with the french over 21 national side?

Just Jack
20-01-2008, 03:04
What if the clubs can create youth camps via the board room screen, like adding a feeder club. Then the board will reply with possible countries and you have to pick one.

Then throughout the season you can get a message:
'(your assistant) has found a prospect in your (country) youth camp. Do you wish to sign him?'

Then you have the options of view scout report, offer trial and offer contract.

Drunk Beware
20-01-2008, 09:25
Was just playing FM and spent time setting up my tactics and forgot to set PK taker, how about if you continue before a match and these aren't set a warning message comes up and sends you to the right screen.

Obviously not a huge thing but still, what do you think?

Schmeichel Ferguson
20-01-2008, 14:25
Hello,
Sorry if this idea has been posted before.
I'd like to see training feedback improve and I'd be interested to see what ideas other people could come up with for this? My idea is quite basic and it would involve an 'average training rating' in the players profile, on a weekly basis. I think this is a better idea because it allows you to guage everyone's performance in training. The current system of '3 best and 3 worst' doesn't really seem realistic. When a manager asks his assistant "how's player x doing in training?" the assistant does not, I suspect, reply "Well, I'll tell you this: he's not in my '3 best, 3 worst' list for the month."
"Well, how's he done???"
"Look at the list..."
In short, improved training feedback, thoughts?

Barnzy
20-01-2008, 15:30
Sorry if this has been suggested before, I would like to see a page much like BBC Football Gossip column - with news from around the globe like transfer rumour etc, I would like more to keep the speculation about players on shortlists but add in completely unfounded stuff as happens in real life. The transfer speculation is probably one of the most exicting times for most football fans and feel more can me made of it. I wouldnt want this page to be forced upon player but players to just have an option to read it when they want.

greglauder
21-01-2008, 09:43
i think it would be good to be able to play a game you have saved on an older version and play it on the new version

Ben James Smith
21-01-2008, 10:46
here is one im sure hasnt been mentioned yet so here goes i would like to see more colours for the attributes for example so that i can set a different colour for each attribute trust me this looks fantastic

MLM
21-01-2008, 15:08
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before but how would the general response be if we could put our manager wages into use. Maybe if the clubs funds aren't enough to buy players you could chip in. As I see there really isn't much use for manager wages right now.. Just a thought and it could be crucial if you've spent several years in big clubs and decide to decide to take care of a lower league team, the money you've made along the years could be put to use.

What do you think?

Champion
21-01-2008, 19:18
We want the FIFA U20 & U17 world cups. It's important to have also to be able to manage a youth international side from the start of the game without having to take over the youth team.

Champion
21-01-2008, 19:23
Originally posted by Champion:
We want the FIFA U20 & U17 world cups. It's important also to be able to manage a youth international side from the start of the game without having to take over the senior team.

Sorry for the typo errors, I need to sleep http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

saved_by_barry_horne
21-01-2008, 19:32
Originally posted by MLM:
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before but how would the general response be if we could put our manager wages into use. Maybe if the clubs funds aren't enough to buy players you could chip in. As I see there really isn't much use for manager wages right now.. Just a thought and it could be crucial if you've spent several years in big clubs and decide to decide to take care of a lower league team, the money you've made along the years could be put to use.

What do you think?

gets suggested alot this and usually shot down pretty quick. Im against it.

dmmd98
22-01-2008, 02:52
I have no idea if it's been mentioned or not however as an add on to the game when you apply for a job you actually have to Interview for it.

Where by the owner/chairman asks you questions about tactic/star players/transfers etc to see if your idea's are a good fit for his team and vice versa.

Mike7077
22-01-2008, 02:57
Please, please, please, SI! Let me talk to my players without having to go to the media every time. Pleeeeeeease!

Barnzy
22-01-2008, 03:12
Originally posted by dmmd98:
I have no idea if it's been mentioned or not however as an add on to the game when you apply for a job you actually have to Interview for it.

Where by the owner/chairman asks you questions about tactic/star players/transfers etc to see if your idea's are a good fit for his team and vice versa.

Good idea a few standard questions, ie tranfers, view for the future etc

Tommy vercetti
22-01-2008, 11:19
I would like you to fix following:That Brazilian,and belgian and players from other countries can play for team that bought them before the league games starts like Alexandro Pato he could play friendly games for Milan although he couldnt play league games.
Then I would like that team strength depends on ability of players and trainer(not all trainers can coach big teams)but not on reputation because reputation is product of skill and good games.
More playable leagues would be better like teams from:Qatar,Saudi Arabia,Iran,Macedonia,Albania,Japan,and more....
Old players should retire in counties like Qatar and Saudi Arabia,also Big names like Ronaldo,Figo should accept offers from MLS league.
Mexican players should more be willing to go to lower leagues because players look for money,
Clubs transfers should be more interesting and realistic like Portugal clubs are buying mostly south American players,Czech teams are buying Slovakian players,but also players from big countries should be also willing to sign for smaller league clubs like French players,Portugal etc...
I would like to finish with this why I cant loan any players that is playing for club and dont have contract like most Turkish clubs i have seen does,and why i cant loan players like Hernan Crespo,and Riquelme,Adriano especially if I pay some money for them if they dont play in their mother club they should go to other clubs who could pay half of their wages.This was in previous versions that manager was buying players and from club and country that he comes form.Teams shouldnt have more than 22 players in the first team because they do that in real world.
Thank you!!!!I hope you wont mind for space that I used thanks again and I hope that this and previous wishes will be in Football manager 2008/2009.

TORATORATORA75
22-01-2008, 11:40
I would like to see.........

Testimonals

More Players Going On Strike-Happens Now And Again

Players Retiring From Playing During The Season-
Lots Of Players Have To Nowadays

Players that are unhappy and want to return to there homeland or want a return to the last league they played-This is very common in todays football.Not like in fm where player is french wants to return home from england and ends up in germany..........

BluesBot
26-01-2008, 04:48
I feel a nice addition would be if you could stamp your own personality and real life football knowledge into the game.
I believe the only way of doing this would be if there was a seperate SI Site that could test you on your football and FM knowledge which also incorporate a psychometric test - once finished you would then recieve a code/password or whatever
Then when you start a new game oyu would enter your code/password and then the game would know your knowlegde and which type of personality you have
your knowledge of the game would then be used at which club/league you begin with
As for personalty types this would trigger different types of press releases, determine the types of players you get on with, players may play better or worse for you depending on how they get on with you. And of course this would also affect who might sign for you.
It could also affect how you get on with certain directors at clubs.

However for those who do not wish to use this feature could use the default option

kvadruple
28-01-2008, 08:51
better wiewing of succeses of yourself/your current team/"wordwide".

I mean for teams - hall of fame - in which you have writen - national league winer 10x (with cup picture), league cup winner - 8x, euro wineer 2x...etc -- and similiar to manager.
I know - something simmiliar is in game, but is hidden and ugly.
and hall of fame have more options - you can wiev here best eleven of all time (with stored complete players profiles, not only names), you can find here if anyone of your players won award for bes fotballer of europe/word ...etc.

and "cup winners screen" - in which you can find which team won national legue/cup for europe/asie/word..etc.

cn06sjh
28-01-2008, 12:00
Receiving a knighthood for exceptional achievements would be good. For example winning consecutive World Cups with England.

tomshaw
29-01-2008, 03:40
dunno if either have these have been mentioned but i would like two simple things:
1. to be able to complain about a referee not just after a match.
2. be able to recommend a player for international call up to media.

santa19
29-01-2008, 11:37
I think recieveing a knighthood is an amazing idea!

I think also that there needs to be a stadium revamp. Because stadiums are becoming a more and more popular thing to do in the world of football, i reckon SI should go into more detail about expanding a stadium. I reckon that when you want to expand the stadium, the tactics screen instead of being tactics should turn into a blue print plan of your current stadium and on the left hand side (where the players names would usually be) is the options you have in expanding and what those options look like with details of them of how much they cost etc.

I also think that the media comments need a complete and utter revamp as they are boring and predictible as always. There needs to be at elast 1000 different media comments so that they are not the same ones all the time and after 2 years you know exactly how to answer them. Instead they should create at least 1000 different comments, let them go through one by one and then randomly select them after all of the original comments have been selected this way it means that you dont know or remember the comments so its like being asked a new question every time, like in real life where you dont know the best answer.

I also think that maybe scenario's should be introduced into the game. As it can, after a while, get very boring and even though this seems extreme, allegations of rape, drug taking, fights etc are always being thrown about in the press and in some cases are actual events, a prime example of this is Joey Barton. So even though it seems unrealistic and extreme, managers in real life are having to deal with these scenario's i mean look at Hughes who now plays for Oldham, he did a hit and run when he was at West Brom! No scenario is ever unrealistic.

I also think another good factor would be pitch invasions or streekers coming onto the pitch, ok it is not meant to happen and can disrupt the flow of the game but it happens, and if SI want to make this game the most realistic football management game ever then they are going to have to include this feature.

I reckon that you, as a manager, should have some sort of a say in kits. Managers in real life dont design the kits, obviously, but do ahve a say in what the final design is and go over it with the designers and chairman etc. Therefore i reckon that in FM09 you should have the option of e.g. 4 different designs for your new kit and you have a 'recommendation' on which one you prefer. Making the game more business like i know but managers are becoming more business like as the years go on and so are football clubs too. So i reckon SI will need to recognise this and take a more business approach with some aspects of the game.

Finally, i reckon you should be able to create an empire like business with your club doing things such as e.g. build youth programmes/facilities in other countries like how Man City are in Thailand. This will then create a bigger empire for them to challenge the top four, which will add to the realism of the game. Another example would be Chelsea who have even brought out a dvd called 'Blue Revolution' which is showing us how they are building their own empire and a winning football team as a result.

Hitman 47
29-01-2008, 13:12
I would like this features in Football manager 2009:1)That bigger teams/countries can beat smaller teams/countries with bigger difference it may not be strictly bigger team but it must be in winning form.
2)I would like that I dont have to set up tactics to win a game because i set up best tactic and my team loses it should be what players do you have and if they are not tired and if their morale is high they should win.
3)Maybe worst part of the game is nations(team managers dont call up best players in the nation setup)many players dont evee play for nation that you put in i think that should be fixed and one thing i would like that in editor i can set up which players should play for nation.But that wouldnt be necessary if you make better AI.
4)I would like that goalkeeper dont stand on goal like a statue,i would like that he throws in different directions that he dowsnt stand on one spot.
5)If you would make 3D players and pitch i would like that you make players detailed as much as you can and i think that you have great potential if i say in football language,i would like that players have gloves,neck warmers,in the winter,that i can see captain armband and that it looks great or if you make 2D like now Ii would like that you make detailed smaller leagues because croatian,and other small leagues arent detailed as they should be I love to play with smaller leagues because they offer much competition and like many people would like that they look better and realistic.
6)I dont like when some goalkeeper who has attributes 10 is great as for example buffon and casillas all players who get in penalty box should score a goal if they have chance goal is big enough that players can pick side where they will shoot and they never score a goal through goalkeepers legs and they should be.
7)I would like that you fix that when player gets kicked or released from the club they shouldnt stay long time without club because all players must have some club that is interested for them.If player can not find the club they should accept offer of his mother club or retire.
8)When some player scores a goal there should be written that "stadium exploded" i mean that supporters are happy and that should be on derbies like when rivals are playing also in the match there should be sounded drums and realistic supporters chant to make atmosphere form the stadium.
9)Any player should make forward run in front of goalkeeper and score or cross the keeper if there are no players after him or they are far.
10)Big clubs should appoint big names(trainers)that have played for that club or made big career in or out the country,or players with big results(they have made far with small club) or they are talented.
11)I would like black or white skin with black or white fonts because it is best.(cameleon skin was superb from FM 2006)
12)I would like that clubs like Atletico Bibao buys Basque players,that clubs like Dinamo and Hajduk dont buy serbian players and from Serbia Crvena Zvezda and Partizan dont buy croatian players.I newer saw that Asian players play in some South American club because they only buy South American Players.
Thank You.

rinso
29-01-2008, 14:34
how about a shortlist for staff?? takes a fair while at the startof the game to go through and get the coaches you want, especially if you have to keep typing their names in and searching for them. why not have a shortlist, as we do for players, that we can add them all onto and save, then theyre there for each game. also helps if we see a decent member of staff but for some reason we cant hire them at that exact moment, rather than looking for them again, we can add them to the list!

grade
29-01-2008, 16:42
Hello everybody.

Just side note. Burying this thread where I only when I started a thread about this. Really nice... Sorry for my comment, but I feel lack of respect to the fans of FM community. That is what i feel. So I putting exactly when I started my thread, since there should have at least different threads for separate games. Sorry for bashing.

I'm creating this thread not to be another thread to bash Football manager 2008 and how isn't playable and that sort.

I'm the few people that played FM08 but in overall didn't like it much and return to FM07. I seen in this forums a lot of people complaining about the FM08 and all and this seems to have some clashes between the people who enjoy it. So this is thread to give the people at sigames (that probably they are working on FM09)

So I will have it a go:

1- I will like the substitution should return to the stop the match and not be on going like it is on FM08. Or at least give it option for people to decide if they want on going or stop the match.

2 - An improvement is needed on transfers, because in real time there must always be people interested buying the players that the clubs wish to sell. (exemple: On my FM08 and FM07 in my chelsea game i tried to sell shevchenko for a 1 million or 500k and there is no one interested, come it is shevchenko some club must be interested, but i simply don't like the player).

3 - It is little exaggerated when clubs want to buy your players it has what he values or they will not continue to pursue buying the player. While we the gamers if we want to buy a good player we need to put an extra million to buy him and this seems to be the way in every player.

4 - I never tried coaching national team on FM08, but I know it has been incorporated in FM08, but some scouts would be nice to search for players to play on their national teams.

5 - Affiliated clubs. Well this needs to be improved. Most of us (players and fans), need to say that we don't have a top of the line computer where we can choose every league. I personally always choose between to three or four leagues (with all of their respective leagues on) and when i choose an affiliated club I intend to choose a club that is on those leagues are working to see the progress of my players and their stats. So again an option for us to choose whose league (nation) we want for the club to find an affiliate.

6 - The clock on match day, should be fluent (showing the seconds) on faster speeds and not like on FM08 that only passes the minutes.

7 - The editor should have an creation of leagues instead of people replacing existing leagues. Or at least the option to create a reserve or B league. Also an option on the editor to increase the number of clubs on league (i play a lot on portuguese league (Bwin Liga)and one of the things i extremelly critic is that the bwin liga should have at least 20 teams. So place an option (an idiot guide to help people to do it correctly or an automatic thing (like if a person chooses that he or she wants 20 teams on Bwin Liga (Portugal), then the first season goes as normal as it comes original and on the second season with the promotions instead of only 2 relegated and 2 teams be promoted like it is Bwin Liga and Liga Vitalis respectively, it does like 2 teams relegated and 6 teams promoted.

8 - Player pictures and their personal stats should return like it was on FM07, with slight alteration: put the pictures of the players 180x140.

9 - The logos are a mess on FM08. I mean that you choose for a logo and since the normal and huge logos out there are 180x180, the game resizes the logos. Which I thought was cool, but that seems to exchange from skin from skin and that will make the logos or smaller or larger (the code in this part should be more friendly). I suggest you choose a dimension and stick with it. My suggestion: Small 20x20; Normal 120x120; Huge 180x180. Same goes for the pictures above, because a lot of people transport their graphics from previous games into new ones.

10 - Make a new skin like the Flexion. The skin for FM08, most people hate it, me included.

11 - Well I personally feel that fmf files hurt the creators of skins, kits, logos and so on. I don't see what exactly the advantage to encode this files. Like it was said here is to prevent from people to screw up with the game files. Then put an idiot guide that everything (graphics, leagues and so on) is to be put on the folder on my documents. Put it on the installation (when the game is installing give this information there) a lot of games do it that way.

12 - The options buttons that should be like FM07. What i mean is regarding of selling the player you have to see the proposal (i don't like the view offer, refusal bottuns on the news).

13 - The structure of showing the transfer of players and stuff should be review. In my opinion the FM07 was more intuitive, but that could be slightly improved and more friendly.

14 - I'm like for my assistant manager to do something on my game so I give him to be in charge of team talk and training reserves or B and sub-18 teams of my club. But i choose for him to do it I don't need to see what he says.Once a player chooses that AM does the team talk doesn't need to show up, period. If person wishes to do the team talk that he unclick that same option.

15 - Drop the news about transfers. News is News and that should appear and stay on the news. Also side note: when i buy a player on Fm07 and it happen once on FM08, it seems to warn me sometimes that he has refused the contract or the club declined the bid.

16 - The staff states needs to be improved. On FM08 on SL Benfica (their staff is simply rubbish) and in reallity is not so, well there must be few not so go coaches, but all of them?

17 - When purposing new contracts to staff it seems they all say it would take larger contract to accept the contract. I think it is little to farfetched. Incorporate what you had on FM07 and improve it little.

18 - When you ask your Assistant Manager a team report the category should return to FM07, but some improvements Best Players in 1st/2nd XI, Weakest Players in 1st/2nd XI, Potential Stars (here it seams to disappear the players and always should have some one independently how bad he is).

That is what I thought for now. So put your input here to show the people in Sigames what do we expect of Football Manager to be more memorable at each passing year.

Strager
30-01-2008, 16:36
Well I posted this in its own thread last night, but was told that I should put it here... I'm gonna copy/paste it here, and add two more suggestions I wanted to add this morning.
-------

Has ANY information besides the inclusion of new african leagues (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Manager_2009) been given about 2009 yet? With 2008 so unplayable (even if patched, many of the issues are considered WAD) i'd like to know if the series is actually gonna be going anywhere. Don't get me wrong - its still lightyears ahead of championship manager.... but that doesn't mean they shouldnt be improving the game- 2008 is more of a downgrade from 2007, especially when you consider how much slower it is- It shouldnt take middle of the road (3 gigs of ram) computer 4 Real Life days to play till 2011 from 2008.

In any case the point of this thread is less to complain, but to find out whats being planned for next years version. Here are some things I'd personally like to see.

1.) More lower leagues - include the Norweigen 3rd division, Unibond/British Gas/Ryman, etc. -- Nothing is more fun than to take a team from the bottom all the way to the top. I'm not saying go all the way down to Bristol Downs, but a few levels deeper in more leagues would definatly help.

2.) The ability to add and remove leagues from the game dynamicly (perhaps at a set point durring the year) - this is actually VITAL to keeping the series interesting. You don't always know what league your going to want to play in 10 game years down the line- as it stands in 2008, if you want to manage a team in China, and China wasn't selected when you started the game, than you have to start over and lose all your stats, and all the work you've done (which when you consider how long even a single season takes in 2008 would be a huge loss)

3.) no more "virtual" players -- all players need to be kept track of, and be recruitable. They don't have to be updated constantly like those in the main leagues at the time, but maybe once or twice a year update them.

4.) Stats should be on a bigger scale. What I mean by this is the maximum number for any attribute should be higher than 20 - maybe 100 or more. The difference between a top tier player and some 15 year old kid who can barely play is a lot more than 20 times the difference, and as it is now when your around the middle of the table theres no where really to go but to the really good or really bad players which have a huge difference between them- VERY unrealistic.

5.) A faster pace- more information should be done in the backround. Nothings more frustrating than spending an hour working on tactics only to have to wait 10 mins for a turn to finish immidatly afterwards. The game doesn't have to take every variable into account either, execpt for the league your currently playing in - It can randomize some information, and do lots of other tricks

6.) It needs to feel more like a game and less like an interactive spreadsheet. Give the game some music, use more graphics to represent stuff.

7.) An actual tutorial would be nice that explains stuff to people who don't know the sport as well as the average joe. Explain stuff like what a Playmaker and a Target Man is. Explain how to get the most out of your team, and how to adjust your tactics to the level you want.

8.) Make the game easier to get into by giving the player more "broad" ways of doing things. Stuff like "auto-complete" buttons for setting corner takers, etc. would be real nice. Its a real pain to have to adjust this stuff every time I get a new player.

9.) Give the AI more intelligence when it comes to players and teams. For example a newly promoted team should have a better chance of recruiting players than a team in the league they just left, but less of a chance than teams that have been there awhile.

10.) Give more variety of player names. At one point I had a team made up entirely of people with the last name Larson.

I can think of a lot more things i'd like to see, but what does everyone think about these suggestions, and what other suggestions do you guys have?

Strager
30-01-2008, 16:42
oops forgot the two new ones...
-----

11.) I'd like to see the game allow for changes in the "system" -- this is a HUGE part of football today, and is not reflected in any manager game. What I mean by this is for the heads of the various leagues to get together once a year and decide if the current structure is how they want it. I believe in England this is partially determined by the boards of the various teams, but I could be wrong there. In any case this would allow for new/changed leagues in a long game.

12.) Related to #11, I'd like to see the game be able to be started in earlier timeframes. I've read a few threads on this, and the answer always seems to be "no because our licincing of the clubs only covers this year" -- my response to that is than CHANGE THE LICENCING AGREEMENTS - At the very LEAST allow for games to be played using fictional characters in the earlier years -- all this while following the league rules of that time - and the "new" league rules might not necessarily end up being the same as they are now.... this would make for an amazing dynamic feature!

Strager
30-01-2008, 16:50
grrr... got one more.... regarding your staff...

#13) I think the entire staff system needs to be re-worked. Obviously theres good staff and bad staff.... but this shouldnt be based on just one or two traits. Scouts for example should have attributes for finding players (making them show up on the search screen at all), determing skill and potential (as it has now), determining tactics (of opposition teams), and lots of other traits.... Physios on the other hand should have skills in treating injuries on the field, off the field, determing how long a player is going to be out for, seeing a potential injury before it happens, etc. -- stuff like that should be just the tip of the iceburg!

Oh yeah...#14) No more picture less players! Thats just annoying - if theres no picture, generate one! Also give the player a choice of pictures of there manager!

phnompenhandy
30-01-2008, 22:52
A lot of the info on the manager's 'staff profile' screen is purely cosmetic (i.e. your supposed tactics, and your mentality don't affect anything), and the manager's Personal Information screen is a complete waste of time.

The manager's Overview should be with his profile on the other screen, which just leaves the superfluous happiness and half a page of blank screen.

There is so much potential here!

I would love FM09 to focus on developing the manager's personality and interaction with others so that the manger's mentality and tactical preferences (which you can select when setting up the game) make a real difference, both in terms of on-pitch activity and relationships within and outside the club.

lawd
31-01-2008, 04:30
After watching Man Utd and Arsenal this week it struck me that (especially in Arsenals case) players pop up everywhere i.e Cesc will pop up left wing time to time and Kolo will often burst through the middle like he has been possessed by George Weah, and I think this is what makes them so good to watch.

The problem is that creative freedom in FM just means take long shots when a simple pass is on and mess up the move, and swap position only lets them move to one place instead of a few different positions.

I was thinking maybe something like a 'positional discipline' option on the tactics menu varying from rigid on one side to adventurous on the other, it would be nice to create a tactic similar to RL arsenal or Brazil 70 where players take up many positions and become nigh on impossible to mark.

JazMerway
01-02-2008, 08:49
Potential rating:
If a player has the potential to be a leading star, but put's in poor performances his potential should drop.
If someone has the potential to be a decent player, but puts in brilliant performances and becomes top goal scorer etc, his potential should raise to leading star and even turn into a world class player.
This would make the players more realistic.
Hopefully they would do it in FM2009 http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

fdc123
01-02-2008, 08:56
Now i know im gonna get stick for saying this but i would like to have the option of being an assitant manager! My reasons for this are say if you are not doing great with a team get sacked and then get a the assistant job at a club and control the reserves and under 18's then people might notice you! and also it would be good for when you are online with your mates! If you dont want to be an assistant manager then just dont take the job if you are offered it in the game! or have it as a download then we who want to do this can and those who dont can carry on!

meripu1
01-02-2008, 08:57
The only thing I particularly want to see is emergency loans that can be completed, obviously in emergency, at short notice. Such as a Friday day time loan that can be completed in time for a Saturday match.

fdc123
01-02-2008, 08:59
another thing that i would like to see is maybe the ivory coast leagues or some african country league look and there international players they look class and maybe there are some in the leagues! that we dont know of!

Tommy vercetti
02-02-2008, 12:12
This is something that i think would make player transfers more exciting and realistic:You should like i said before allow any club their real transfer budget like in real world because there is no point of playing game if you cant buy anyone,second transfer demands for players are too high for young players future stars price is between 10-30 million,and other good players that are not drogba,cristiano ronaldo price should be maximum 10-20 million.
Then i think that you should see list of transfers in every country and see which players froma what counties do they buy because this would make game more realistic.
Another suggestion is that you make that if you have good attackers and you dont have good midfield players to feed attackers with balls you cant score many goals especiall if you dont have ones like drogba and thery to run alone wit the ball and score a goal,also if you dont have good goalkeepers and defenders to stop opposition attacks you should take many balls in the goal home.
Attributes do not show players ability for instance many players do not play good although they have good attributes why is that so i dont know but i hope that this will change in future version because player who has
passing 20 should be world class passer and goalkeeper with reflexes 20 should save the goal lake the cat,attacker
with 20 finishin and composure should score a lot of goals like luca toni and van nisterlooy and not like now they
miss a lot of sitters and chances although they are going one on one with goalkeeper and have a lot of space to put ball behind his back or round him and score there are so many ways of scoring.Also clubs and nations should have in their first team:three gk-s,eight defenders two for every side(dc,dl,dr),eight midfielders(mr,ml,mc or dm,aml,amr,amc)and five strikers.And in nation setups there shouldnt be players that are close to retirmrnt that are not in form and arent playing for their club unless they have no other players.One last advice is that i think that it would be better if ability points would show percentages of scoring,marking,saving,passing examplehttp://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.giflayer with 20 finishing should score in 99% cases if he is in situation of scoring.
Thanks,and good luck.

gonzo7
02-02-2008, 14:30
I have not tralled through 36 pages of suggestions so I wholeheartedly apologize if my suggestion has already been mentioned.

When going into the player search you can select your assistant manager to filter out players he does not think will sign for you. My idea involves being able to change who does the filtering out. I think it should be possible for you to make your head scout do this for you. This should get a far better picture of players that will want to sign for you, than if your assistant manager does it.

yurii123
02-02-2008, 18:15
I wish you could choose a penalty taker right when the penalty happens, because sometimes i have a player thats on a hattrick and then i have to go into my tactics and change things, or sometimes I want the guy who gets fouled to take the pk (that is if he is exceptional at taking them).

lfcfannic
03-02-2008, 06:33
Another thing I'd like to see is being able to pick a side for your players to shoot on. (Like you can choose to show plyers onto their weaker foot, GK's profiles should mention whether they are right or left handed, and then being able to tell your players to shoot for his weak hand, which would make it easier to score one-on-ones etc.)

qweasdhead
03-02-2008, 13:34
English league system. If they have the Isthmian League South or whatever, they should make them playable.

sixsecondsleft
03-02-2008, 16:29
Board Room <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> Request the type of feeder club you want, such as for work permits. [/list]

Competition <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Some stats in competition player stats should have a minimum games played, such as goals conceded. [/list]

Scouting <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Assign scout to a club (or its reserve team) for possible targets.
<LI>Ask scout to target players for transfer or loan. [/list]

Team/Players <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Goalkeeper Goals Against Average stat.
<LI>Make a player available to reserves until he is match fit--not just 5 days.
<LI>Private interaction with players and team--everything is always public now.
<LI>If a player is un-scouted and his abilities are unknown, your Asst should not be able to comment if he is a good signing or not on the "Approach to Sign" screen.
<LI>When taking a job, staff who are also players should accept contracts as players only--since they will not accept mutual termination like other staff. [/list]

Match <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Make your own position presets for the "Set to" menu in the tactics screen. [/list]

Powermonger
03-02-2008, 17:12
I posted up a few idea over the last few months in separate threads, I thought I'd consolidate them into the wishlist so they don't get lost forever.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Club Location Atlas - I'd like to see an ingame atlas system which will geographically show where any club in the game is located. I don't mean like a mini map but a full screen map zoomed into the chosen country. It be also of benefit to show where all clubs in a chosen league or competition are located as well. The map co-ordinates are already in the game and used for club city locations, no reason why this data can't be made better use of and it would really help to add some personality to the game. Check here (http://www.footiemap.com/) for an exellent example of what should be available in the game.
<LI>Tactical Changes Audit Trail - It be good if any player made tactical changes made during a match were recorded in the match report. This way when going back to analyse a past game you can keep track of what changes you made when.
<LI>Match Highlights - Something we've needed since CM4 and that is being able to view highlights which are linked to match/player stats. An example is switching to the Match Stats screen for a completed match and click on 'Crosses Completed' and then being show a highlight of all the crosses in a game for better analysis. Another example is click on the Shots Off Target match stat and being shown all shots attempted by your team (or opposition depending what you clicked on) which were off target. For more granular highlights, switching to the team ratings screen, clicking on any of the individual statistics for a player would just show the highlights for the particular stat, eg interceptions.
<LI>More Statistics/Graphs for Match Analysis - Continuing on with matches, we need more statistics and in more graphical terms. We need better statistics for possession and passing, showing who was keeping possession and who was losing it, what types of passes were being attempted and to whom etc. Here is an example (http://www.matchanalysis.com/images/possessionbyposition.jpg) of what be good to see. It be also good to be able to graphically see where each player is spending their time on the field. The field would be split up into small sections and when a player is selected, a percentage would be given on how long taht particular player spent there during the match.
<LI>Tactical Diagram System - Since the slider system was introduced to replace the wibble/wobble screens, they've been a constant source of confusion and often frustration. I'd like to see the slider system moved to a more graphical approach so that most tactical configuration can be done on the graphic view for the tactic. Here (http://users.bigpond.net.au/gordow/fmtactics.jpg) is a very basic mock up of the desired system. The graphics would work the same as the sliders, so dragging the graphics around would do the configuration with the benefit of making it a little bit more meaningful of what you'd see in the 2D view. It might look confusing at first but sticking to a familiar notation system and having most settings (either team or position) displayed at once allows a better overview of your tactic as a whoole instead of having to click through each position.
[/list]

Summing up, with each release of FM getting more complicated and requiring more contant tweaking of tactics, we need access to better tools and data to help make our lives as managers a little more enjoyable and feeling less like frustrating guesswork. While a club location atlas does not directly add anything to the game, it would help break up the monotony of FM and ground the game back into the real world, instead of it feeling like a souped up spreadsheet.

kvadruple
04-02-2008, 10:18
better stadium expansion with more orpions to talk with board (or make requests) like :
-board, cut my wage and transfer budget to save enough money for future stadium expansion
- make more pressure on local council to finaly approve building of new/expanding of old stadium
-instead of expansion of e.q 3k make expansion of 10k at price of reduced wage/transfer budget

--etc..etc.

kvadruple
04-02-2008, 10:39
new staff - media manager/pressagent (or something simmiliar) - simply person who handlle replyies to press questions (simpley way to get them riged off, instead of ignoring them)

fdc123
04-02-2008, 14:16
stadium expansions/new i believe you should have to neogotiate with the board on the capacity and how much it would cost. also i think that the whole of the finance control system should be revamped with things like ticket prices at the start of each season. Also better board interaction and fan interaction you should be able to tell the fans to make the attendances better etc.

fdc123
04-02-2008, 14:19
i would also like to see improvement onto the scouting i like it at the moment but i believe the scouting and the youth part could be so much better with things like training camp around places and the bigger your club then the further your scouting can go!

sinead87
04-02-2008, 14:21
i would like them to take their time for the next version and not sell us this rubbish 2-bit piece of s**t

sheriffpatgarrett
04-02-2008, 15:52
Originally posted by sinead87:
i would like them to take their time for the next version and not sell us this rubbish 2-bit piece of s**t

I agree. Fm08 was too flawed I reckon, still played it a fair bit, but not as much as earlier versions http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Still the greatest game I´ve ever played though.

sheriffpatgarrett
04-02-2008, 15:53
Originally posted by sheriffpatgarrett:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sinead87:

I agree. Fm08 was too flawed I reckon, still played it a fair bit, but not as much as earlier versions http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Still the greatest game I´ve ever played though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I mean the CM/FM-series http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

heathxxx
04-02-2008, 16:17
A minor thing I would like to see is a "little bit more" with media options when commenting on a dangerman before a match.

You only get to say something negative if he's a former player. This should be expanded on to offer positive/negative/neutral/mind games options, as with managers.

I'm sure there's many of us who would like the option to "try" unsettling a teams most influencial player before a match. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

dempsey_is_god
04-02-2008, 16:44
Sorry if my idea has came up but 36 pages is a lot.

My idea is nothing big but i would like to see more facts/milestones on players or even teams, e.g - if "player A scores against Team B today, it will be his 25th goal against them since joining Team A in 2005". And "It will be the first time ever these two teams histories have met in the league/cup" Things that commentators would say now and again.

These little touches make the game a bit more realistic imo.

Also why not have inbuilt challenges in the game? You email SI with your best challenge (e.g- Dafuage's challenge)and say the 5 or so who are the best get put in the game and all you do is click the challenge button at main menu and choose from the 5, and maybe new challenges should be put in with every offical SI update.

Woundwalker
04-02-2008, 20:23
Closer Attention To Player Development and Regens

Simple fact is that players in FM decline far too rapidly above a certain age. While it is true that the most professional and talented players can perform well into their thirties, beyond 34 or so years ability drops off extremely rapidly. For example I've noticed that every version for the last 5 years has seen Maldini decline rapidly once the game starts. While I'm not suggesting that SI should try to be psychic with regard to player development and Maldini is an oddity, it's clear that no player currently below 35 years old will ever come remotely close to the ~150CA Maldini is currently judged to have at 39, showing that the game does not correctly handle aging players.

I could also look at the start of a player's career in this way. On any starting FM database, there will be several very hot prospects capable of playing to a reasonable stadard in any league at a young age. This year it's Bojan, Pato, Aguero, etc and previously, Messi, Rooney and Adu were all star buys. However, after a few years it's clear that very few young players can cut it at the top, instead taking until they are much older to produce top form. I've looked at a lot of games in ten years time and the few regens really doing the business are in their mid-20s, the rest of the most prized players being today's youngsters.
Regens start way too poorly and develop far too late.
It also appears that all players develop at the same rate, meaning there are no young superstars or late bloomers (Toni, Crouch...). They all hit their peaks around 24-25. I'd love to be shown that this isn't true but I've never seen a truly awesome regen to rival Silva or Messi.

FM-GAMER-4-LIFE
04-02-2008, 21:06
No mother *****n bugs

skintsaint
04-02-2008, 21:11
Originally posted by FM-GAMER-4-LIFE:
No mother *****n bugs

no mother broken bugs?

Powermonger
04-02-2008, 23:35
Some extra modifications FM needs to make it more streamlined.

Can the Next Opposition Scout report please be added to the Match screen. It's annoying to not be able to see this information when you enter a match and I often refer to this information when setting opposition instructions. Clicking in and out is tedious. Also, can the weather conditions please be added to the Pre-Match Analysis screen because the only time you can see it is after the match has started.

With team talks, the assistant manager team talk feedback should be added to the match result summary news item you receive after a match because that is often the time you want to review this information.

AdamC
05-02-2008, 01:58
Assistant Manager Functionality

I'd like to be able to be appointed Assistant Manager of a nation (a'la Steve McLaren) whilst still managing your club (or maybe not, if you so choose). In addition, if you manage a club in a lower divison, or are unemployed, you should be able to apply to (or be appointed by) other clubs as their Assistant Manager. It'd be a far more realistic way of achieving higher league experience and could offer you plenty of functionality including making recommendations for tactics/changes (voluntarily or when asked), arranging training schedules and friendlies, and taking charge of reserve team games.

AdamC
05-02-2008, 02:05
Recommend A Successor

If you leave a club on good terms, you should have the option to recommend a successor, as often happens in real life. This could also happen at a national level, as when Premiership managers were consulted prior to Fabio Capello's appointment as England manager.

Tommy vercetti
05-02-2008, 12:45
Hello I would like this implemented in a game:
-I would like that if players are going on far place or country that they could tire,and travel could lower their mental condition because of that(longest travel more tired,and nervous players)
-Then in both previous and in fm 2008 manager games there was that players like paolo maldini,and costacurta and many other old players were wanted by other big clubs and now i ask myself how could this be first they are dedicated to the club and second they are far too old that big clubs could have interest in these players-for the sake of reality.
-I would like that you begin making new game with features of football manger 2006(for me it was the best).
-I would like that tactics dont have main part in the game because i think that if you havent good players tactics wont help you either(would like that main factor are players)
-I heard some manager when he said that players who are recovering from injury have to train 6 months before they can catch their real form,and i would like that this is in the game).
-I would like that when some club is buying player from one country that other clubs dont follow them and buy other who have left because in that way they lower club strength.
-I would like that you fix graphic part of the game because we are bored after some time because of monotony.
-Make that in tactic screen instead of marking player who you want that your players mark,tackle,or closing down that you give order to some player(it could be defensive midfielder or any other player)who do you want to him to mark like in total club manager where you could give orders which player you want to mark opposition player.
-Last advice is to put in the game some sort of radio or mp3 player because every good game must have music in it it is the mark of excellent game.And there should be video and music when game starts like introduction.
Thanks!!

skintsaint
05-02-2008, 20:27
Without reading all 36 pages I have this idea, sorry if its been posted!

How about the option to upgrade the training facilities of one of your feeder clubs. This would benefit any loaners you send there.

If you do this then the link cannot be broken by them, only if you want to break the link.

cornelius11
06-02-2008, 07:51
the things I would personally like to see in the new FM would be :

1. complaints about referee's

2. less fixture pile up

3. better match engine

4. to be able to design your own strip

5. handling sponsorship deals

6. more options on the team talk page, everytime i want to say something to the players i have to settle for another options because the thing i want to say isnt there.

7. less stupid actions from players, eg. watching the ball roll past them in fromt of goal leading to the opposing team scoring the winner, or passing to the opposing team, i know it happens irl but come on not as much as it does on FM08 its ridiculous.

8. sort out training trips and morale-boosting events such as nights at a restaraunt or something like that.

9. id like to have private talks with players if they have dissed me or blabbed to the media, i think it is weird the only way you can talk to your players is through the media.

10. to be able to practice certain moves on the training ground such as styles of free kick passing moves etc.

these have probably been mentioned, but this is what FM08 is lacking in my opinion.

Hitman 47
06-02-2008, 12:10
Hello,today this come on my mind:I would like that when you win some cup or champions league or uefa cup that all prize money goes to the my own budget that nothing goes to the club but that all money goes to me or if money goes to the club(personal)
I would like to have anything with finances or budget because i think that is a job of club board(i would only like to give my shortlist/wish list to the board and they should buy me a player)
Then i would like that player ask value isnt so high because maybe best player zinedine zidane has been sold for about 72.000.000,00 euros and there shouldnt be any player that is sold much higher because in game ask value for david villa is 100.000.000,00 euros which i think is way too much unrealistic for 100 million i should build a dream team i want to say that there should be only messi,c.ronaldo,or someone else who should reach price for about 100 million.
I would like that club accepts players in exchange for a wanted player if he has enough quality and his value reaches asking price.
I would like better that you take your time and make a game that is worth of playing than releasing half-product.
I would like that you release beta version of the game with all mentioned features and then gamers who play the game report any bugs and recommendations and then you fix that and THEN you release real game!
This is only thing i had to say!

Patrick27
07-02-2008, 08:57
I would SI to less biased to the top 4 teams in England, no matter how good you play, how many goals they score they will always win. For example I'm Sunderland played Aresenal away. 2-0 to me a half time. 12 shot to their 2 none on target. Ended up losing 3-2 with them having 4 shot on goal to mine of 10. Something the SI will have to fix as those teams are good but not that good.

del-boy06
07-02-2008, 09:41
I would like the following to be considered for FM2009
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Season ticket update and estimated revenue from it
<LI>financial report of teams during calendar year stating who made amazing profit or losses
<LI>scaling of corporate membership vs genuine fans
<LI>estimated revenue when clubs sign high-profile players, for e.g. Kaka, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo etc
<LI>Clauses in staff contracts, for e.g. not signing directly for rival club[/list]

MartsMac1982
07-02-2008, 11:06
I Realise this is probably too late now but i think a good feature if not for patch 8.0.2 but for fm 2009 would be for clubs that are in debt like for eg man utd or other similar teams that have won a lot since the user has taken over and therefore become ridiculously rich, i believe a good option would be to opt to pay off the 200 million debt in 1 go for eg if of course they have a huge amount in the bank like say 700 million as i have made that much money by 2014 using man utd before and been extremely annoyed that im still paying 5 million a season off when i could just get rid of the debt completley with the amount ive got in the bank

is this a possibility si?

thanks
Martin

Powermonger
08-02-2008, 00:52
I'd like to see a manager star rating feature, giving us as managers the ability to star rate players as we see fit. The normal 7 star rating would apply but would function similarly to the star rating system in Windows Media Player.

It be handy for putting our own rating against players our scouts recommend as a reference to to refer back to later, or used on our own squad as 'tag' like system to refer back to later if we are thinking of transfer listing them.

Sometimes player notes are too fiddly and especially for our own team, the squad status is too final.

joeyt
09-02-2008, 13:44
This hasa probably already been mentioned but I can't be bothered too go through 36 pages of posts.
I would like the option to return from holiday "if offered a job" instead of applying for one as I have had lots of job offers when I have been on holiday which I haven't applied for.

hawks27
09-02-2008, 13:51
Id like to have a go at my chairman for selling players from underneath me,and id like to make it public that its this ***** and not me selling them!!!!!

llama3
10-02-2008, 03:32
what about press conferences, where you are asked questions about your line up, opposition, player form, injuries, disciplinary matters. Also being able to make public comments about the fact you have dropped a player because he was absent from training or something.

also i think it would be good to be able to try and select "resolve issue" with a player. maybe they are unhappy because they want a move and this way you could negotiate with them, to either tell them you will let them move on or you want them to stay because they are crucial to the future.

oh and sort out the bloody transfers! i am not paying £25m for someone who is alright but not world class yet!

joeyt
10-02-2008, 03:50
Originally posted by llama3:
what about press conferences, where you are asked questions about your line up, opposition, player form, injuries, disciplinary matters. Also being able to make public comments about the fact you have dropped a player because he was absent from training or something.

I second this!!! http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

ben147
10-02-2008, 04:17
Its probably been mentioned somewhere else, but i would like to have the option to talk to a player about sending him on a short-term loan to gain match fitness, eg:
Sending a good striker who has just come back from a long term injury to a lower league club to get going again.
Dunno about others but i find it impossibke to convince older players to go out on loan because they dont see a benefit, well this would at least be an attempt to convince them of the benefit.

LARulz
10-02-2008, 04:21
Originally posted by sixsecondsleft:
Board Room <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> Request the type of feeder club you want, such as for work permits. [/list]

You can, when you'v been at a club for a while

Haestad
10-02-2008, 04:34
Someone said it earlier.

SI I want my MANAGER PROFILE screen to be detailed.

I want stats about what Ive done, personality type

Tommy vercetti
10-02-2008, 04:47
Hello,I hope that i am not annoying but i have new fresh ideas to make this football simulation realistic and better and first of all playable.
I would like that on that there are shown all players on player search screen like in database because although i select country and i am playing with club from it it doesnt show me all players,and it would be easier to find certain player.
When i click on continue i would like to see instead of fixtures famous managers sentences like in call of duty or training tips of famous trainers or managers in the world.
fixtures should be processed without showing on the screen if it is possible.
I would like that clubs are playing friendly matches with clubs who are on pre-season trips like them.
Scouts should seek for young players and not old
and should more find wonderkids or better players.
In every country there should be their own currency instead now where for all countries is same currency.
Players who are injured or lack of form their attributes should fall and when they get in form they should rise.
Mayor clubs of any country should have big amount of cash to buy better players and i think
big clubs shouldnt have less money than 10 million or if they do players values should be lower to regulate buying power.
I should be able to buy also trainers or national managers for my assistants,if not in first then after first season.
In beginning we should be able to choose our assistants,coach,physio,goalkeeper coach...
Match should be won by team who has better attackers in most cases,and attackers should score only if you have good midfielders who should be able to pass the ball.
I would like that players in selection screen are divided by lines like sections.
GK
-----------------
defenders
-----------------
midfielders
-----------------
attackers
transfers screen should be like in transfermarkt where you can choose country division and there are all clubs and their transfers.
There should be and list of biggest transfers.
Bigger clubs from any country should have bigger knowledge than smaller clubs and should be able to send scouts to any country.
clubs should invite less known players on trials before they buy them.
In match there should be important who plays and not how high club reputation is because it doesnt matter if it is real madrid,barcelona or arsenal if they dont play in their strongest setup and if they miss key players.
Thank you if you read this,and i hope that all from this and my past posts will be in game and of course i have read many excellent post here and i hope that they are going too be in game because they may have that i havent mentioned and please read all pages.Thank you.

Wizard boy
10-02-2008, 05:21
The one thing i`d like in future games is for one on ones to be fixed so players don`t just kick it straight at goalies sometimes they do actually go round them, lob them or bend it round them. Transfers should be more realistic as well.

DodgeeD
10-02-2008, 14:24
This is just a small idea, which would not add much to the game overall but would be a nice touch I think:

Testimonials

I'm currently playing a game with Blackburn and I'm into the 2016/17 season. Some of the star players from the start of the game such as Gamst Pedersen and Christopher Samba are now well into the 30s and approaching retirement. It would be a nice touch if a testimonail game could be organised for such players, as happens in the real world. Old stars could return/ come out of retirement for a one-off game as recognition of the player's long service to the club. Currently, it just seems that most of the star players from the start of the game get unhappy and want to leave as they lose ability and end up in the reserves. A testimonial could be a better way to round of their career before retiring/ dropping down to a lower level team.

turn it upto 11
10-02-2008, 14:38
testemonials would be a good feature maybe not actually show the match or have details, preobaly wouldnt have the stats on reitred players or be able to put them back in but if we just got a message saying thetestemonial game was played against like either another one of the player in questions faoured clubs or his nations classic XI im pretty sure it wouldnt take much doing as no actualyt players details would have to be givn

Hitman 47
12-02-2008, 12:55
I would like this in new football manager 2008/2009:-That attributes on players mean something because when i sen my scouts on some player he reports to me that some players whose attributes are 18-20 isnt good for me,if he isnt that good why he has so good attributes,and players with excellent attributes should play superb only if they are being injured or have low morale they should play bad.Then i would like that you put in real condition of a player which he has in real world(for example ronaldinho isnt in good form and he shouldnt be in manager and then we must make that he go back onto his real form)
-every season there should be that players who are randomly selected become new wonderkids or become top-class players because in that way we could buy new wondrkids every new season and it would be like in real world.
-Regens should come from affiliated clubs or form from that country.
-I would like that in editor i could make my own
prices of players in that way i could update prices from transfer market.
-I would like that you make smart AI which would make harder opponent and make game more interesting that he knows through which side he should attack and he should know which is my weakest link and it should depend on ability of a trainer.
-And last thing i would like that on load all players from i could load players from leagues(divisions) i want,and most important thing is that you make realistic transfer system.Thank you!!

llama3
12-02-2008, 13:10
2 more small things. a player can dislike a club but i think it would be realistic if they also disliked certain countries. the reason being that on FM i saw Jose Antonio Reyes sign for liverpool, he hated the english lifestyle and climate, thats why he left. why on earth would he return 1 year later?

also some managers do not want to control a national side so a rating should be added as to their international ambitions. 20 for wants to manage a nation so much he would kill for it, 1 being would do it even if they paid him as much as capello.

CHARLIERODD
12-02-2008, 13:58
FM 08 is class btw, just a few improvements

1. On previous page being able to select type of feeder clubs you want.. also to have more say in which feeder club you ould like rather than being given 4 rubbish ones to choose from

2. Ultimate soccer manager 96 style tactics screen where you get to design your own set pieces to be implemented in a match situation... this could also be backed up by scouts scouting opposition teams and giving feed back on set pieces and an option on the tactics screen to be able to defend opposition set pieces.

i dont know about any1 else but i think its a good idea

llama3
13-02-2008, 03:33
yes i like the idea of designing own set pieces, also getting the players to use specific moves during a game would be good too, asking them to look for a pass rather than shooting, playing 1-2's, overlapping fullbacks etc etc

Korre
13-02-2008, 06:10
Hello i was going to update my "fm 09 ideas" thread but it got close and i guessed its because everyone starts one of those threads once a day :P....so i searched and found this thread.
Here is my last thread:
http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5211026...172092563#4172092563 (http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/4172092563?r=4172092563#4172092563)

Here is my latest ideas :P:

Small clubs that manages to get to uefa cup should be able to move their matches to a nearby bigger stadium which happens in real life.
I also believe there is some requirement from UEFA to the clubs about the stadiums.Im guessing now but i think some stadiums need to be in "good shape" and have for example 5000 seats at minimum, im guessin but its worth looking it up.
Im playing with Falkenberg(Division1 sweden) and they have a 2000(1300seats) "Stadium" and i guess that irl both uefa and Falkenberg would want to play the game in a nearby Stadium that meets the requirements.

And heres one thought i had about Feeder clubs:
Im currently playing online with 2 other friends and when i was in the lower divisions i wanted to become
a feeder club for one of my friends, that meant also that i could loan some players from him.
So my idea is that you could request the board to consider you becoming a feeder club with another team because of the good relationship with the other teams manager.
I also believe that feederclubs should be the Managers job, but the board should consider it.(Or it could depend on how much "intefering" stat the president of the club has)

I had this idea that you should be able to do "contracts" with the clubs you want to co-operate with and that the money should be taken from the transferbudget. In this way the smaller clubs would get an extra amount of money beside the crappy sponsor money http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I kinda wrote those in a hurry so forgive me if you dont understand all and im sorry if this have been brought up before in this thread...havent got the time yet to read throught(but will do!).

Thanks

philliptasker
13-02-2008, 07:27
I don't know if this has been mentioned by anyone before, but I think you should be able to give a brief teamtalk to each subsitute when they're due to join the game, specific to the current situation, and with an opposition instruction as well. Such as "go on and push forward to get a goal, keep it tight and don't take any chances, try and get amongst it - improve your match fitness". Oppostition instructions could involve sticking to their key matchwinner towards the dying minutes of a game.

Just a thought!

Cheers

Korre
13-02-2008, 07:52
Originally posted by philliptasker:
I don't know if this has been mentioned by anyone before, but I think you should be able to give a brief teamtalk to each subsitute when they're due to join the game, specific to the current situation, and with an opposition instruction as well. Such as "go on and push forward to get a goal, keep it tight and don't take any chances, try and get amongst it - improve your match fitness". Oppostition instructions could involve sticking to their key matchwinner towards the dying minutes of a game.

Just a thought!

Cheers

great idea had same thoughts sometimes during a match http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

aaarrrgggghhhhhh
13-02-2008, 08:40
A few ideas i would like to see implemeted.

Target Men

Rather than choosing how to focus passing to the target man on team instructions, I think a better idea would be to have drop down boxes at the side of the player once you have dragged them in to the target men field. This way I would not have to keep changing the team instructions to accommodate which target man is playing (basically I forget to change it sometimes, resulting in me aiming passes to Tevez as if he is a tall striker with good heading ability)

Partnerships

I would like to see a partnership comparison screen added to help determine which players are better suited together. The screen could show win/draw/loss ratio, goals, clean sheets, assists, average rating, etc.

Media Interaction

I think the media side should have better AI involved. It’s very rare that I answer any of the media queries, this should result in them not asking my opinion on things as they realise the answer is going to be “no comment”. An alternative is to assign it to the Ass Man (like Redknapp, Allerdyce and Ferguson do for the BBC).

Processing Screen

Rather than just showing team stats whilst results are being processed, player stats should be displayed or if possible team stats from other countries you have running.

Set Pieces

Set pieces are really important to most teams yet it is not possible to actively create good set piece routines. A set piece editor is required to assign starting positions and where to attack the ball. For example, a lot of teams have all their players stand near the penalty spot and as the corner is being taken they run to their specified zone. This creates confusion with defenders and can result in players getting away from their marker for a free header.

Bench Comments

During the game it can be very easy to miss things, especially if you play it at high speed. Bench comments would be useful to point out things you may have missed such as formation changes by the opposition, knocks to players, pitch/weather conditions. All things that are displayed but may have been missed could be added. In the case of injuries and knocks it could display what the injury is so we can determine if they can continue the game. I do not want the bench giving me hints to what I am doing wrong or how to beat the opposition only items that are available to me.

Inbox

The inbox is a good addition in my opinion. It saves me having to wade through news items I have no interest in but it can be improved. I should be able to select which items I want to read about. At the moment I am only made aware of things like job vacancies and player awards if my name or the club is involved. I would like to choose to receive these news items.

The Gaffovski
13-02-2008, 08:54
A TABLE "CONSTANTLY" SHOWING WHO AT YOUR CLUB IS HOME GROWN AND/OR TRAINED BY YOUR TEAM FOR ENOUGH TIME, TO THEREFORE ELIGIBLE TO PLAY IN EUROPEAN CLUB COMPETITIONS.

Please. For obvious reasons - you don't want to be selling one player too many, that you end up learning you needed to complete the European squad, later on when it's too late.

It's not good enough to just show you who fulfills the requirements whenever you actually need to submit the squad. And it's waaay too much work to manually find this out. With a section showing this, that you could refer to whenever you plan on selling or buying, it would make FM life a whole lot more fun.

Beret83
13-02-2008, 11:20
More youth development would be good,

FA You cup, u16 teams, and more international competitons for youth players ie the victory shield!

Joea27
13-02-2008, 11:48
i think it would be a good idea for reserves to play more games like up north the likes of man utd reserves and bolton reserevs play in the manchester senior cup so why dont we have them in fm09 and hampshire senior cup for team like pompey reserves it would be good for fringe players to get more games under there belt

kvadruple
14-02-2008, 08:43
bvery simple - nore space between player position - status- and name.
With status I mean - light injury/yellow card/red card.
For simple reason - if one (or more) of my players get yellow card and then pick up light (green) injury (or vice versa) - is displayed only one status (card). This is not ideal and sometimes lead to wrong decisions. :-(((((.

kvadruple
14-02-2008, 08:46
ass man aranging friendlyies for reserve/u18 teams too, not only for senior squad. (for more match expirences/fitness not for income).

Tommy vercetti
15-02-2008, 12:34
This is what i would like to see in new game:1)I would like that when you win some competition like (national league,world-cup,champions league,UEFA cup or any)that you get trophy for that i mean that you make trophy room where are shown all trophys that you won.)I mean graphical shown not only listed.please!!
Then team that won some championship should be saved to best XI.
2)I would like that when i win championship that it gets saved and that when you start new game with the same profile that all wined championships and trophys from previously saved profile stay like you continued game.
That my attributes and reputation rise when i win some championship or league,and other clubs should be interested in me.
3)I would like that if club doesnt make good results manager gets kicked out in first half of season or in the end.
4)On editor I would like that there is some tool that allows to me to select the players that should play in some club i mean from which country should they buy most players.
-And that in editor i can select players who should play for the nation if you dont fix that before me.
5)I would love that you make that when players shoots ball towards keeper that it looks like he caught ball but ball slips trough into goal or through legs.
6)You should remove tactical attributes because i have felling that even if i buy best players in some team that used to be weak they still dont win.Club strength should depend on players ability and attributes and of course form and morale.It doesnt mean if i play against barcelona if they are plaing with reserve team i could win with greater goal difference.
7)I would like that you fix that first division clubs buy players from foreign countries and they are 29-or more years old and close to retirement and they have no ability to play in that club.
8)Fix that players like naldo(werder bremen)who play for national team are being transfered in lower side leagues they should go in better leagues if they are in form.
9)Its stupid that if i play with dinamo zagreb and i get an offer for Luka Modrić who is amongst best players on the world of hannover who are not even in first 5 in german league i should get an offer from chelsea,barcelona,real madrid etc.
10)And last and not less important that players status change as they play different role in team if player is in first 11 he should get status of Key player,first team or squad rotation or if he doesnt play constantly backup or not needed.Something else how can i lose with dinamo zagreb from teplice 3-1 because dinamo has beaten ajax and played good against werder,teplice sold their best player martin fenin and they arent so strong.
Thanks i hope that you will make excellent game worth of playing with no patches to fix many bugs,and if you make it i cant wait to play it!!!

lawd
15-02-2008, 15:38
The removal from the commentary of,

"thats his first ever goal for the club" http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

I swear if I see it one more time I'm gonna have some sort of FM related breakdown, with nightmares of being chased by "it's his first goal for club" slogans. lol.

kakaacmilan-italy
15-02-2008, 15:47
Recently I have noticed that it's said that European coaches prepare for the weekend game all week while British coaches leave it to the Thursday/Friday.

This got me thinking that perhaps at the start of an fm week you could have the option of telling your players to take training really serious this week etc.

I would also love to see the youth development side of the game updated as I love buying youngsters but they NEVER turn into first team players.

In the training side of it you should be able to allow your team practice penalties.

mjgill85
16-02-2008, 04:31
*post deleted*

Sjay
16-02-2008, 06:37
1) Transfer fees are completely out of proportion. Xabi alonso is not worth £41m, however good he is (i'm a liverpool fan btw)
Teams spend £7m+ on average players. THis is probably because the AI managers can't be bothered to negotiate but i still think it's a bit ridiculous. This also means that real life no-hopers like Derby stay up for at least a season.

2) IRL once someone reaches 33 they are usually near retiring (except keepers), in FM, world class players stats never get worse, meaning players like Lampard, Terry, Gerrard, Carragher etc. don't retire until they are 38 or 39. This is because their stats are ridiculously high so they stay with the top teams till they retire instead of dropping down a division.

3) Not enough board takeovers to reflect how much football is now a very much comercial sport. Techinical directors should probably have profile screns as this would To make the game more real.

4) Also agents have to have a bigger role to make the finances more realistic.

5) i'm not trying to be a killjoy, but the big 4 is very easy to break into, especially liverpool and less so arsenal.

6) although managers have personalities, i think the team transfer policy and style of play should be more like real life (eg. arsenal just don't buy players like Goran Pandev, it would be better if they bought young players and developed them like they have IRL)

7)Managers are sacked after 2 months if they are not winning every game, even by real life standrads this is very quick

8) Is it just me, or is jose morinho never picked up by a single team?

Sjay
16-02-2008, 06:41
i forgot 1

there are loads of 'upsets' in the Premeir LEague (eg. Derby beating arsenal) but none in the Cups. I've given up hoping a team below League 2 get to the 3rd round of the FA Cup as it only happens once every 3-4 seasons then they lose 7-0 at home to some LEague 1/2 side who got a red card in the 1st mintue. Where are Havant and Waterloovile?

Sjay
16-02-2008, 06:43
although the media is quite good, i think it still needs variation and the commentary just hasnt changed since Fm 2007 at all as faras ive notcied

monkeywool
16-02-2008, 09:35
I would like to see FM with a prozone feature in there (an option to buy it when you have enough money) along with access to other staff like sports nutritionists, sports psychologists etc who also get more out of players than just coaching does.

Not sure if CM have a license for prozone or something though. Definately extra staff would be a step forward, using them to get more effort or efficiency out of your players instead of just using coaches to develop them.

Also different managing styles could come forefront into the game, for example if you were a disciplinarian then your players (especially young) will look after themselves better in future, increasing stamina and attitude if you have a softly softly approach, then they may go out of shape, or become more unruly making their stamina and go the wrong way, perhaps they then have problems with a new club if they move on and the manager is a disciplinarian. At the moment the description of the manager seems to mean nothing to their players.

fdc123
16-02-2008, 13:37
I would like to see the training aspect of fm improved! For example i would like them just to make it so that you do the training each day or could leave it for the coaches.

Dreaded Walrus
16-02-2008, 13:58
When you choose to "attend" a match that you're not managing in, it would be nice to be able to leave whenever you want, rather than being forced to watch it for its entirety.

Dreaded Walrus
16-02-2008, 14:33
Oh man, and while I'm on the subject, the newspiece after matches you attend?

I'm fed up of it saying "Media sources are baffled as to why he would watch", or the like, when I'm there to watch how players of mine that are on loan are performing.

Perhaps add a "Sources in the media suggest [MANAGER NAME] was there to check on the progress of loan players that played in the match", or something.

elf_30
16-02-2008, 22:10
I added this as a thread somewhere else but it was suggested that I add it here.

Not sure if this has been asked/suggested before and I really dont have the time to read this whole thread but here goes.

There is a need for SI to develope a way to make up your own leagues in the editor or in the game itself so that it is easier to make super leagues and what not.

Here is where I am coming from. I am from Ohio and being from the states, before I got cable, was only able to fullow footy online and or some ESPN shows. I was, therefore a serious baseball fan and at one time, I owed the other SI game, OOTP Baseball.

Now I have read a lot of the things over te past few years about why things are done hardcoded and what not but the reason I mentioned the above is this.

The MLBPA is as strict as FIFA or any other Football governing board and with OOTP, there is a way to, within the main game, design and redo the baseball league setup so that you can alter it to whatever you want, within limits. You can run your league as is in real life or go retro and play with any number of teams you want. You can move them from one league to another and, with the Baseball Encyclopedia, downloadable from its own site, you can even import great teams from past years to make your ulitmate baseball experience.

Now, I know that SI developed this for OOTP or at least it was there back when I owned the game a few years ago and I am wondering, why has this not been added to FM.

A simple thing really, that could allow you to alter the teams in any league by simply swapping them out. League rules could even be allowed to be altered and you could set things up anyway you want.

FM would be sold like it normally is but once you own it, you could be allowed to alter things the way you want them.

I only ask this as I have not the time to go through all the detailed changes that the editor requires to make a 'super league' and although I am not really interested in a start from scratch league editor, just a way to say, using the English leagues for example, to swap out teams from nonplayable leagues and just loading the english leagues for use and then you could put teams in and let the competition go.

I do understand that it could cause problems with nonleague comps, but that might not be so hard to fix????

Just an idea I dont think has been brought up and something I would love to see added.

Also, as in the explanation, does anyone know of anything like the Baseball Encyclopedia for Soocer/Football and if there is one out there, could be be also possibly looked into making a similar interface so great teams could be imported to FM's editor to add in to leagues?

Sorry if asked before but just really curious about these things.

Peace

Dreaded Walrus
16-02-2008, 23:25
Originally posted by Dreaded Walrus:
Oh man, and while I'm on the subject, the newspiece after matches you attend?

I'm fed up of it saying "Media sources are baffled as to why he would watch", or the like, when I'm there to watch how players of mine that are on loan are performing.

Perhaps add a "Sources in the media suggest [MANAGER NAME] was there to check on the progress of loan players that played in the match", or something.

Ah.

I just got the kind of thing I was asking for in my second attended game. Nice one SI.

Jayhinton
17-02-2008, 07:51
Just a couple of things from me:

Firstly there must be some girls/women who play football manager, so when you create a manager profile...you can check a male or female box so the media section of the game can tell between male and female players.

Secondly, the option of when you leave a club for a new job, you can take your assistant manager with you, or at least when you join a new club your first job is too find an assistant manager.

Hitman 47
17-02-2008, 11:57
Firstly i would like to praise SI on releasing patch 8.0.2 because it fixed match system and players are playing much better and they score in more situations.But i would like that you make better game and that you put in all our suggestions because on this forum there are plenty of magnificent suggestions that would make game realistic
Here are my suggestions:1)I would like that game should have more interaction with media and that media should give much more attention on whole game for example when i buy new player or release star player,or when there is some important match,when you are pursuing some player and for that should be news section which should be like newspapers and where you could cycle through all todays transfers,manager interviews,games of league of champions,games of national leagues,cups,in one word it should have all what sport news have.
2)This is only because of graphical reason i would like that important games are viewed like on tv where you have list of players that are in todays team and trainers that are managing those teams,then players should stay in line like on tv and on each half of those two teams there should be their team logo like in pro evolution or in fifa.
3)When players get in 28-29 they should think of returning in their mother clubs or if this club is poor and that it cant afford that player they should go in richest club of that country which can afford that players even in half of salary price.
4)There should be shortlist when you are playing with nation because if i find player that i think is useful and i dont think to call him up for nation selection i should be able to put him on my shortlist and i know about national pool but i cant find anyone there it would be easier with shortlist.
5)I was playing with czech republic and it was written that petr chech conceded 4 goals in 6 games but i didnt play any game and i found that it was related to his club chelsea but it said that for national squad he conceded only 4 goals and i think that should be fixed.
6)And last one that when you are selecting teams for friendly matches you should be able to filter teams by leagues and not only by countries.
Thank you on your time!!!

arseneknows
17-02-2008, 14:41
surely its time to make the match engine just a little better lookin, not 3d or anything like that, just a bit better

Jeztah
18-02-2008, 05:53
A feature that I'd like to have in FM09 is actually quite simple. I would love to receive monthly reports from own assistant manager/scouts from my teams players that are loaned to some other team. Basically it would mean that every time you get a monthly training overview you would get a short messages about your loaned out players like:

"Arturo Lupoli, Treviso, 5 games 3 goals and 1 assist, avgrat 7.20. Arturo has been in great form during this month and is showing signs of delevopment." or...
"Alex, Santos, 0(1) games, 6.00. Alex has not been playing much during this month either. You should consider recalling him if situation does not improve during next couple of months".

This would make tracking ALL your players much easier and help you perhaps make decisions if your youngster is ready to play in your first team next season. Also this way those loanded out / 50% owned players would not suffer "out of sight, out of mind"-syndrome.

Rico73
18-02-2008, 07:30
I would like to see an option when loaning out young players (Maybe those under 23) that you are doing it so that they can get 1st team experience which will aid their development to your 1st team.
Also the selling of players needs to be sorted out. I can't coment on what it's like lower down the leagues but when playing as a top premiership club it is so difficult/nearly impossible to sell your fringe players.

Beret83
18-02-2008, 15:46
agents in it would be awesome, trying to force through player moves!

Equium
18-02-2008, 19:43
Something that I've really wanted to see implemented for years now is the option to change your away/third colours at the end of each year/every other year. It could be like when you're asked for your pitch size, maybe at the end of May you get a message requesting whether you wish to keep your current colours or alter them. I think this would be a nifty little way to contribute towards keep a long-term game fresh.

One obvious problem that this would bring up would be kit images, which I think could be worked around. There could be several generic templates in the game (basically what is currently used in the English Premier League), only they wouldn't be assigned to a team via the editor as images - I find it hard to explain what I mean, but they'd be part of the game, not images that are part of the game's database. Then when choosing your new colours you'd select a template and the colours of the shirt. Of course, for teams that have their actual kit in the game there would be an option to use an image put into the database, but to edit your kit colours the second year around I'd have to switch from the image of their kit to a template. Using an example, let's say I'm playing as Brighton. I play a season with their away colours being white but at the end of my first season I decide I want a change - so when given the choice, I can switch from the white and blue colours to lets say, red and black, with the little shirt being changed from the actual picture of Brighton's away kit to a generic striped red and black shirt. I think that would be how that could be worked around.

Hopefully some people got that? http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

chelsea_pumas
19-02-2008, 00:40
i think it would be a good idea for reserves to play more games like up north the likes of man utd reserves and bolton reserevs play in the manchester senior cup so why dont we have them in fm09 and hampshire senior cup for team like pompey reserves it would be good for fringe players to get more games under there belt

I don't think reserve sides are allowed into the Senior Cups (or at least the Cheshire one) since the beginning of this season.

MarkC1984
19-02-2008, 11:28
I'd love the leagues below Blue Square to be playable. And also to have the option of managing a Women's footie team.

dr_pratt
19-02-2008, 11:54
Players on loan should be able to return to their parent club if they get an injury.
A EPL team would have better physio facilities than a League 1 team, so my potential star youngster should return to my club to get the best treatment (decreasing recuperation time and the chance of the injury becoming reoccurring later) without cancelling the loan then trying to loan him again when he's fit.

You should be able to train tactics, players take time to learn a new tactic, but if you teach them about the tactic in training they should be able to use it in a match more effectively.
You could train them in a couple (normal, attacking, defensive) so you could switch to them in a match without the usual 'play like morons for the 1st 6 games'

Tell the assistant manager to sell a player, I'm fed up of offering a player, no takers, offering again for a bit less, no takers, offering again for a bit less...
The assistant manager should be able to do this to reduce the monotony.

stevvy
20-02-2008, 04:44
How about changing the game so that goals are only scored when the ball goes fully over the line!just conceded a goal that had half the ball still in play!needs sorting!

AcesHigh
20-02-2008, 05:21
Id like to see a small addition to the tactical part of the game, more specifically a "tactical fouling" slider. This would be a variation on time wasting and could be used to break up the game and frustrate the opponents, but on the other hand it could also lead to an increased risk of getting one of your players booked.

SickBoy1975HR
20-02-2008, 05:22
Sorry for not checking all 37 pages so a few wishes might be mentioned before.
I do have collected some ideas, suggestions and wishes from the German forum.

1) FM 09 available in Germany
2) Medical facilities. Depending on the facility’s level you will get more information about injured players. Is he doing well? Might the injury take longer or shorter? Might he need an extra surgery?
3) More different team, comments and PR interaction. Otherwise less repeated interactions. Really annoying to answer the same question again and again from. A must for a new PR interaction : Demand a place in the national team for your player in the press. Should be via player interaction.
Players should have the chance to try to get the bottom of the manager’s decision e.g. player been substituted.
Example for pre-match player interaction: “ You will be out for the next match if you do not show your best now.”; “You will be in the team next match day if you really fight now.”
4) No private area like at the EA manager but it would be nice to see what has been earned while being manager. A Hall of Fame for the best earning managers. If not, there is no reason for giving manager contracts.
5)Better match sounds. Hard to realise : Integrate fan songs like you find them on http://www.fangesaenge.de.
Could bring a better atmosphere into the game.
6) More variation when offering a contract.
a) for older players : you get a job at the club e.g. coach or scout after your contract as player
runs out
b) grant the player kits sell profits
c) tell player your plans. “I will build a team around you.”;”You will get more matches in my team.”;
“You will become a national team player if you play for me”
d) 1 or 2 years contract extension for both sides (player/manager)
e) contract will be extended after “x” matches
f) contract will only be valid for “x” league(s) e.g. the contract is valid for 1 + 2 German league.
The team relegates to third division. The player can leave for free.
7) Change kit style and colour.
8) 2D stadium. Make a stadium change visible. Capacity reduced while stadium is been expanded. Bigger stadium after works finished.
9) More nations. Saudi Arabia and African nations (Tunisia, Egypt).
10) Start as player-manager
11) Sign as B team or youth manager. You don’t have the freedom as a A team manager but the chance to gain reputation or in best case to take over the A team if the manager is sacked. Happens from time to time. After been sacked it could be a good way to get back into business.
12) Better scouting e.g. in youth area and the report should include not only recommendation for the first team. Also for the reserve team. Could be useful there and has the chance to show that the scout was wrong on him. Not all attributes should be shown after the player scouted one time. There should be more differences between the scouts. A good or bad scout could make a decision for good or bad. Not so often as most of time they are right.
13) More „Preferred Moves“
14) A few powerful words for the substitute if he comes in during the match. “You make the difference.”; “Try to hold the score.”
15) Groups in the team e.g. Brazilian, Germans, Croatians. Trouble between players. Could be two rivals meet at a club or two players disagree about their performance in the last match. Could be with fights. Must be well dosed as it is not that common.
16) Fixed positions are good but it a flexible positioning should be possible. All around the pitch. The manager should have the chance to set the movement arrows variable. Free kicks should be more variable. The one on the top of the list does not shoot every free kick. Of course he is number one but at least the following 2-4 should shoot too. This makes it harder for the opposite team.
17) There should be more news about top player and manager transfers.
18)View more personal attributes : arrogance, greed, convenience (team), cheerful nature (do not show up in training or arrive late from holiday).
19) Better engine. Make game faster.
20) Indoor tournaments. Very common in German lower leagues. Normally third division, lower and local teams and without the top club’s A teams as higher injury rate than outside. Can be added to the fixtures screen.
It’s a chance to earn some money for smaller clubs.
21) The board changes sometimes to quick from happy to unhappy.
22) Training camps in summer and winter for those leagues it’s possible. The German teams who can effort it go abroad for training in winter as the weather and facilities are better. FC Bayern is one club who get paid for it in Dubai.
23) Editor ! It should be possible to export and import changed editor data. At the moment all personal changes must be done again if the is a new patch.
24) Editor ! It should be possible to change the price money. Will this lead to cheating?
25) Should be easier to loan or send player on loan. Especially loaning players to farm teams. Player refuse to often a loan.
26) Should be more possible for lower division club to sign average to good free transfer players or contracted players. It’s not often but sometimes those players also join teams with a lower reputation. Reason: a) good payment if the club can effort it (Copado joined Hoffenheim); b) long time un-attached, need to get back into business; c) close to his home town, favorite club (Lawaree to Düsseldorf) ; d) he is an enfant terrible and the top clubs don’t want him (Ailton, wanted to join 2nd division club)

llama3
20-02-2008, 07:37
Originally posted by Equium:
Something that I've really wanted to see implemented for years now is the option to change your away/third colours at the end of each year/every other year. It could be like when you're asked for your pitch size, maybe at the end of May you get a message requesting whether you wish to keep your current colours or alter them. I think this would be a nifty little way to contribute towards keep a long-term game fresh.

One obvious problem that this would bring up would be kit images, which I think could be worked around. There could be several generic templates in the game (basically what is currently used in the English Premier League), only they wouldn't be assigned to a team via the editor as images - I find it hard to explain what I mean, but they'd be part of the game, not images that are part of the game's database. Then when choosing your new colours you'd select a template and the colours of the shirt. Of course, for teams that have their actual kit in the game there would be an option to use an image put into the database, but to edit your kit colours the second year around I'd have to switch from the image of their kit to a template. Using an example, let's say I'm playing as Brighton. I play a season with their away colours being white but at the end of my first season I decide I want a change - so when given the choice, I can switch from the white and blue colours to lets say, red and black, with the little shirt being changed from the actual picture of Brighton's away kit to a generic striped red and black shirt. I think that would be how that could be worked around.

Hopefully some people got that? http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

yes yes and yes! really like this, would also be nice to alter the way the kit comes out, hard to explain. u know when u have a striped shirt and the the game picks a new colour for the numbers, it wud be nice to alter the shirt totally so the shirt number is whatever colour i want etc

also the ability to create competitions on the editor, allowing us to pick our own rules, rounds and dates (provided they fall in line with current comps) meaning i could have a pre-season tournament annually!

Michael F
20-02-2008, 09:10
Sickboy1975

1. This will depend on licences
2. I think Physio's have an effect on this
3. yes
4. You can already see how much you have earned
5. Sounds are limited due to licences
6. possibly
7. Not a manager's job
8. doesnt appeal to me
9. Depends on research
10. Nah, its meant to be Football Manager not Player-Manager
11. ?
12. sounds ok
13. yes
14. yes
15. fights wont be included for legal reasons
16. dont understand
17. example?
18. This is part of the hidden attributes
19. This is worked on every year
20. suppose
21. examples
22. yeah
23. not possible
24. you can change ticket prices already in the editor
25. yes

arseneknows
20-02-2008, 09:15
manager contracts;
some other incentive other than more personal money (that means nothing)
maybe the ability to spend your earnings to upgrade your profile.
this would be something to aim towards longterm other then the hall of fame

Michael F
20-02-2008, 09:26
Originally posted by arseneknows:
manager contracts;

Personally spending money is something that I hope wont happen in FM, its too much like FIFA manager which is crap

arseneknows
20-02-2008, 09:31
Originally posted by Michael Foster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arseneknows:
manager contracts;

Personally spending money is something that I hope wont happen in FM, its too much like FIFA manager which is crap </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know what your saying, dont want to go all gimmicy but, as it is now, you cant improve yourself as a manager enough

llama3
20-02-2008, 12:16
i dont see a reason to alter the manager wages thing, i see it as an indication of status, the club you are at the length of deal and how much they are prepared to pay you. i got offered £120,000 a week by arsenal on a 5-year deal - fantastic stuff!

DerMef
21-02-2008, 08:39
Originally posted by Michael Foster:
Sickboy1975

18. This is part of the hidden attributes

No, the things mentioned arent.

Moreover, you are talking to the German HR like he didnt know anything about how the db works. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

KTTdestroyer
21-02-2008, 08:44
Beside the rules of Under-18 and Board forcing manager to sell player, i would like to see the other side of those issues, where player has at least a possibility of interaction.

Steeno2007
21-02-2008, 13:21
i think footy manager shud allow you to create your own kit after season is over kits get really boring and would add some depth also make goalkeepers less good its really annoying batterign west brom wid liverpool with 20 goals on target n aving no goals go in

DiscoStu94
22-02-2008, 10:04
I'd like a team talk saying 'do it for me lads', that could appear on your 100th game with the club.

Or, if you are under pressure, then 'ignore everything going on out there, focus on the game'.

Barside
22-02-2008, 15:10
Correct application of league rules regarding parent/feeder relationships.

Being a feeder club is banned by all UK FA's & the DFB.

Schotsmannetje
22-02-2008, 16:44
2 little audio-details while playing a match:

- An announcer in the stadium. Just a plain "1-0 for Manchester United, scored by Wayne Rooney" e.g. will do.

- Songs from the crowd. I'd like to hear "You'll Never Walk Alone" while playing at Anfield or "Glory Glory Man United" while playing at Old Trafford. That shouldn't be too hard. In MLB2007 the crowd chants "Overrated!" when Barry Bonds steps up to the plate.

Tommy vercetti
23-02-2008, 06:24
This is the list of counties that are buying players from these countries:Turkey-serbia,bosnia,bulgaria,france,holland,romania,braz il,uruguay,czech republic,argentina,columbia,slovakia,croatia,seneg al,cameroon,nigeria,ivory coast,ghana
Holland-romania,serbia,belgium,denmark,sweden,norway,finla nd,brazil,argentina,hungary,canada,ghana,nigeria,m orocco,
tunisia,ivory coast,algeria,england,czech rep.
Russia-holland,france,romania,bulgaria,serbia,croatia,bra zil,argentina,uruguay,turkey,moldova,belarus,slova kia,poland,czech rep.,macedonia,albania,bosnia,georgia,estonia,latv ia,lithuania,ghana,cameroon,nigeria,ivory coast,senegal,dr congo
Serbia-montenegro,bosnia,brazil,argentina,macedonia,porug al,france,ghana,nigeria,cameroon,czech rep.dr congo
Slovenia-bosnia,serbia,czech.rep.brazil,argentina,france,it aly,macedonia,albania,croatia,
Croatia-macedonia,albania,bosnia,brazil,argentina,australi a,slovakia,czech rep.hungary,romania,bulgaria
France-belgium,switzerland,czech rep.,algeria,ghana,cameroon,senegal,ivory coast,dr congo,togo,morocco,egypt,russia,poland,hungary,rom ania,portugal,brazil,argentina,sweden,denmark,norw ay
portugal-sweden,brazil,argentina,chile,colombia,uruguay,par aguay,czech rep.france,holland
Czech republic-slovakia,serbia,croatia,bosnia,france,morocco,tuni sia,brazil,argentina,cameroon,ghana
COUNTRIES FROM SOUTH AMERICA ARE BUYING SOUTH AMERICAN PLAYERS
Spain-brazil,argentina,chile,paraguay,uruguay,portugal,h olland,serbia,columbia,boivia,venezuela,mexico,fra nce,denmark
Germany-turkey,holland,france,serbia,croatia,bosnia,hungar y,brazil,argentina,columbia,czech rep.,uruguay,poland,slovakia,porugal,macedonia,den mark,sweden,norway,austria,australia,belgium,switz erland
Scandinavian countries are buying players from scandinavia and players from:france,australia,canada,serbia,bosnia,south african republic,ghana,nigeria,cameroon,senegal,dr congo
Ukraine-erbia,croatia,macedonia,nigeria,cameroon,ivory coast,czech rep.poland,slovakia,hungary,romania,bulgaria,brazi l,argentina,moldova,georgia
Romania-poland,serbia,brazil,argentina,france,ghana,nigeri a,macedonia,
Austria-switzerland,germany,france,czech rep.poland,slovakia,serbia,macedonia,croatia,bosni a,slovenia,argentina,brazil,belgium
italy-slovenia,greece,sweden,holland,france,norway,denma rk,austria,brazil,argentina,uruguay,serbia,czech rep.all african countries,
Belgium-czech rep.serbia,poland,hungary,slovakia,holland,argenti na,brazil,switzerland,croatia,
Greece-cyprus,czech rep.,bulgaria,romania,serbia,france,portugal,italy ,australia,albania,brazil,argentina,
England-australia,denmark,sweden,norway,finland,brazil,arg entina,france,poland,serbia,austria,holland,portug al,czech rep.
Switzerland-france,morocco,tunisia,holland,croatia,albania,ser ba,austria,germany,slovenia,nigeria,ghana,brazil,s weden,argetina,czech rep.bosnia,cameroon
Israle-ghana,serbia,nigeria,bosnia,south african republic,croatia,macedonia,poland,cameroon,slovaki a,romania,brazil,argentina,czech rep.
U.K. countries are buying players from U.K. like scotland,wales,n.ireland,ireland,and france,holland
I hope that you will do this because this would give realism to the game because this transfer system doesnt seem realistic.
One advice,that there is no big clubs that are buying players on free transfers,unless they are so good because if the would be good they wouldnt be released from their clubs on free transfers.
This are transfers that i have seen on transfermarket and i think that would be good for game.
In match,player circles should be smaller like in CM 2003/2004.
I would like that my board allows me to buy one or two players from strong leagues(like when russian clubs bought portugal and dutch players)in stronger clubs of smaller leagues because if club has money he should be able to attract players from far developed and stronger countries.
Smaller clubs should buy players who are foreigners but they should come from second league and he should be young because there are no clubs to buy old players that are old and close to retirement and eventually they could buy players from first division but only if that country isnt rich.
Thanks.

soundian
23-02-2008, 07:03
If we could have the opposition instructions remaining as they were set every time I change tactics in-match that would be really handy.
I've either got to grab a pen and a bit of paper or open a text editor to keep track of who I'm doing what to and it's almost impossible to go through a whole game without changing tactics at least once.Surely in real life my players wouldn't forget to close down the opposition playmake just because I asked them to push up a bit.
It's especially annoying when I want to change back to my original tactics when my change doesn't work, I know I can save the current match tactic (with opp. instr.)before changing but that leads to a HUGE amount of redundant files in the tactics archive.

Freeman21
23-02-2008, 12:15
Hall of Fame for Player

A hall of fame which will save data and stats regarding the best players, and the option to save the data regarding certain players you want.

Also champions league and UEFA cup matches should also appear at the "total apps" in a season.

Freeman21
23-02-2008, 12:16
* For Players

minisav
23-02-2008, 13:00
I'd like it if they put an option where you disagree with a decision e.g you ern't given a pen that doesn't get you a warning if you're wrong. And the "these things happen in football" turning into "you've grudgingly admitted it may have been correct" is annoying too.

bigdirtyjames
23-02-2008, 13:07
Originally posted by Henrik4:
I would like you to post new ideas about FM.
I think that our ideas can help SI and SEGA to make FM even better.

This has probably been mentioned 100 times and I can't be arsed checking, but, I would love if when sorting out our tactics, you could maybe click into a grid-like feature on the pitch and when you click into it - you could nominate a certain person to hit your free-kicks from a certain position.

What i'm saying is, instead of a player hitting all right-sided freekicks, you could have one player who takes them from wide and other who takes them from near the middle etc etc etc.

That probably doesn't make much sense. If I remember correctly, there was the same grid like feature on the very old Champ Manager games, but it was for placing your men when the opposition got the ball etc etc etc etc etc.

http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

kvadruple
24-02-2008, 06:47
its simple - implementing minimum stadium capacity/quality for leagues (e.q. premiership in england, liga orange 1 in france...etc) - same to cups - europech championship, uefa-cap...etc.
Because lack of this sometimes really screw up game.

daddiopimpio
24-02-2008, 07:20
Lets have some added match day sounds. say certain songs attached to certain players in the game. and certain songs for clubs, it'd be awesome! any thoughts?

Schotsmannetje
24-02-2008, 11:34
Originally posted by daddiopimpio:
Lets have some added match day sounds. say certain songs attached to certain players in the game. and certain songs for clubs, it'd be awesome! any thoughts?

Yeah I totally agree and I have posted the same idea twice (in 2 different threads). It would totally add to the realism. I would like to give an example. In MLB2007 (yeah I know it's baseball but it's the thought that counts), if BArry Bonds steps up to the plate as a batter while playing away, you can heard the crowd sing. "Overrated!" I thought it was brilliant the first time I noticed it. What's more, it would be excellent if you would hear "You'll Never Walk Alone" while playing at Anfield or "Glory Glory Man United" while playing at Old Trafford.

What I also miss are national anthems during international games. Or is this too difficult due to copyrights? I can remember that a certain version of International Superstar Soccer had this feature. I don't know why it was taken out later though. I got goosebumps when I heard the Dutch National Anthem before playing with Holland.

Generally I find that audio is totally forgotten in a lot of football games. I am a season-ticket-holder of the Dutch club Feyenoord and I can tell you by personal experience that the sounds in the stadium are about 60% of the entire experience of visiting (let alone coaching) a football game.

Borneo
25-02-2008, 08:26
I would like to be able to create new leagues in the editor and decide how many teams there should be and stuff like that. Now its all hard coded so you can't do that kind of things...

llama3
25-02-2008, 13:48
pay-as-you-play contracts, something used in real life for older or injury-prone players where they get a small basic wage with a lot of higher bonuses and payments depending on how many giames they play, etc - its hard to implement in the normal contracts, cos they all expect high basic wages.

Phil_Harwood_FM08
25-02-2008, 14:52
I think in FM they each year you should get offers from top brands or new brands that want to sponsor you, instead of forcing one youve never heard of, also you should be able to request new strips that you could give the colours n style of it. Ive played with stoke for 4 seasons now, and in the first season i got promoted and then i qualified for euro 2 times then come 2nd, but ive never been able to change strips :S.

mattskelding
25-02-2008, 15:28
Originally posted by Phil_Harwood_FM08:
I think in FM they each year you should get offers from top brands or new brands that want to sponsor you, instead of forcing one youve never heard of, also you should be able to request new strips that you could give the colours n style of it. Ive played with stoke for 4 seasons now, and in the first season i got promoted and then i qualified for euro 2 times then come 2nd, but ive never been able to change strips :S.

I like the chaging strips idea http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif but the top sponsors idea i think would mean SI haveing to get a licence for each company they would use, unless it was done nameless "A top sponsor wants to be your main shirt sponsor..." etc etc

Dave Worley
25-02-2008, 19:22
A women's game structure.

I'm not sure about overseas but the women's game here is developing very fast indeed.

Clearly for the first implementation it'd be a mere premier division and perhaps a european women's setup?

The one other think I'd like to see is some distinctive match engine graphics.

A pitch is a pitch at the minute; perhaps differing levels of graphics showing the pitchside stands would increase the atmosphere? And, as a lot of other people suggested, connected chanting. It wouldn't take a lot to get one chant for each team would it?

I'd love to be able to sing along to West Brom fans singing "The Lord is My Shepherd" when we score.

Boing Boing!

Wings69
26-02-2008, 01:36
Ability to ask staff/players who have been at a club that I'm about to play about any weaknesses the club have that the scout may have not picked up(or strengths for that matter). Obviously a strict timeframe on this - I don't want it to be another disaster like the "player used to play for you" media reports that pop up 10 years after the fact.

For example - playing Bordeaux in Champions League. I had Lulinha there on loan, up until about a week before this game. As he's played 24 first team games for them, I'm sure he'd have some inner knowledge on how they play.

Nomis07
26-02-2008, 01:54
Originally posted by Phil_Harwood_FM08:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

It's not Fifa or TCM or LMA, these gimmicks are not part of FM and never should be.

phnompenhandy
26-02-2008, 02:34
^ WHS

The game should strive for ever-greater realism, not daft gimmicks.

ship50
26-02-2008, 02:40
I would like feature that would enable me to talk to the player who is being substituted and also the one who is the substitute. Not at half-time but in the middle of the game. I can tell them the reason for substitution, the expectation from the substitute etc.

Also, and don't laugh if it sounds stupid, I would like to right-click on a player on the 2D pitch and adjust instruction while watching the game in 2D http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

llama3
26-02-2008, 07:30
Originally posted by ship50:
I would like feature that would enable me to talk to the player who is being substituted and also the one who is the substitute. Not at half-time but in the middle of the game. I can tell them the reason for substitution, the expectation from the substitute etc.

Also, and don't laugh if it sounds stupid, I would like to right-click on a player on the 2D pitch and adjust instruction while watching the game in 2D http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

yep like that idea

Phil_Harwood_FM08
26-02-2008, 14:38

I think this would be a great idea, so you could encourage the player if he has low morale etc.

ilovefm
26-02-2008, 15:30
its stupid in lower leagues you play a good team like aldershot and win 2-0 but you play bottom of the league- 0-0 draw. that needs sorting.

neil26581
26-02-2008, 16:42
I would like an option like a tick box to shut down the computer after you saved the game, so i can just save and go.

mattkidd12
27-02-2008, 16:23
1. The ability to comment on takeovers. The media should ask me questions about it.

2. Standard squad number should be correct (no. 9 is not central midfield number!)

3. Column in matchday magazine, which will improve (or not) your relationship with the fans.

donsutd
27-02-2008, 16:52
not sure if it has been mentioned (suggested !) but on the contract negotiation screen (manager) as well as the normal, salary, stadium, youth stuff, the ability to ask for a larger backroom staff. i.e I only am aloud 8 coaches and want another 2, no matter how healthy my finances are I always have a limit on my staff (this is especially frustrting when the staff are willing to sign only for the board to block it) http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif . It's only a little suggestion but think it could work well

mattkidd12
27-02-2008, 16:54
Good idea. Certain managers have a backroom staff they take everywhere (Mourinho for example).

Bratto17
27-02-2008, 18:08

Love this idea...I would also like to be able to shout to your players and tell them what to do, e.g. on a counter attack, all my attacking players always seem to get themselves tangled up with each other, so if their was an option to shout to one of my players to move into space, that'd be pretty good...Don't know what your thoughts are?

AztecCrute
27-02-2008, 18:58
Would love to see the ability to take time and learn new languages, without having to manage in a different country to achieve this, and these languages could help to attract players from those countries?

nogravy
27-02-2008, 19:58
I couldn't find this with a search, so

When one bigger club offers a smaller sum than you are willing to accept for player you negotiate. When the other team accepts the amount I want, they offer the contract to the player. In this instance the player declines due to role or money. Now, I understand the player worrying that I might have blown his chances by asking for to much and so he becomes upset with me. What I would like to see next year, is for the player to stop being upset with me for not letting him change clubs, when he decided to stay. I'd really like for him to thank me for the opportunity (but I think that might be asking to much)

llama3
28-02-2008, 08:34
Originally posted by Bratto17:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ship50:

Love this idea...I would also like to be able to shout to your players and tell them what to do, e.g. on a counter attack, all my attacking players always seem to get themselves tangled up with each other, so if their was an option to shout to one of my players to move into space, that'd be pretty good...Don't know what your thoughts are? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

personally not a fan of this, like the idea itself, but i think it is impractical, i feel it would turn into a race to quickly click instructions as fast as you can, whereas in reality the players do most of the thinking, and the manager will just remind them of their tactics or make changes

llama3
28-02-2008, 08:36
i have an idea, you could select to be a head coach rather than a manager, that way you have a director of football etc making the signings, whilst you can concentrate on tactics etc, you can then ask for a certain type of player to be signed, i.e. requesting the director of football locates and signs a left back.

llama3
28-02-2008, 08:38
oh and please sort out the annoying charade that is negotiating a sale, when a club submits an enquiry i tell them a counter-offer, now the problem lies with the fact that even if i say it is negotiable, they still withdraw offer rather than negotiating!

llama3
28-02-2008, 08:41
some insight when a player gets injured in the middle of the match, as to his actual injury - they had this on CM2, so its about time we had it back!

Norville Rodgers
28-02-2008, 08:46
Wonder if Henrik4 knows this thread is still going, bearing in mind he started it in Nov 2005!

Norville Rodgers
28-02-2008, 08:47
Also, the first reply was some bloke having a rant about him opening it! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

llama3
28-02-2008, 08:50
yeah i loved that, getting angry before any suggestions had been mooted

Ty H
28-02-2008, 08:55
live physio reports during the game, like if someone gets a knock the pysio either has a word at the side of the pitch in a break in play or treats them so you should get a proper update so you can decice whether to leave them on etc. Realistic

Chilliconcarnie
The end to the lack of the squad number 13 being used in friendlies and in comps without assigned squad numbers.

I WANT MY SUB KEEPER TO HAVE #13!!!!

Thank you http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

And agree with what someone said earlier about the way the squad numbers are assigned on these tactics.

#9 is not a midfielder IMHO

Norville Rodgers
Boy, is his face red!

llama3
28-02-2008, 08:59
Originally posted by Chilliconcarnie:
The end to the lack of the squad number 13 being used in friendlies and in comps without assigned squad numbers.

I WANT MY SUB KEEPER TO HAVE #13!!!!

Thank you http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

And agree with what someone said earlier about the way the squad numbers are assigned on these tactics.

#9 is not a midfielder IMHO

this man speaks total sense! i want my number 13 keeper, and do the numbers like in CM2 - that worked.
1 - GK, 2 - DR, 3 - DL, etc etc

mattkidd12
28-02-2008, 17:12
In England at least it's (in most cases):

1 - GK
2 - DR
3 - DL
4 - CM
5- CB
6 - CB
7 - MR
8 - CM
9 - CF
10 - CF
11 - ML

mattkidd12
28-02-2008, 17:24
Do SI game developers read this thread I wonder?

Michael F
28-02-2008, 17:58
Originally posted by Ty H:
live physio reports during the game, like if someone gets a knock the pysio either has a word at the side of the pitch in a break in play or treats them so you should get a proper update so you can decice whether to leave them on etc. Realistic

Juni confirmed this is new in 8.0.2. If you click on a player it says potential injury - x

Do SI game developers read this thread I wonder?

yes they said they do

soundian
28-02-2008, 18:02
Test the freaking game by playing it as a player.
Board confidence: completely unreal expectations in all three versions!!

TeeWee
29-02-2008, 03:39
Match day auto-pause/auto-tactics screen feature:
check a few checkboxes in options where you want the game engine to auto-pause or auto-tactics when they happen. The events must be observable through normal means, like: formation change by oppo, minor injury, major injury, yellow card, red card, maybe other things.

TeeWee
29-02-2008, 03:39
Originally posted by TeeWee:
Match day auto-pause/auto-tactics screen feature:
check a few checkboxes in options where you want the game engine to auto-pause or auto-tactics when they happen. The events must be observable through normal means, like: formation change by oppo, minor injury, major injury, yellow card, red card, maybe other things.
with auto-tactics, I mean, automatically jump to your own tactics screen.

metropolistechnique
29-02-2008, 04:17
Originally posted by Nomis07:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil_Harwood_FM08:

It's not Fifa or TCM or LMA, these gimmicks are not part of FM and never should be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is it a gimmick if it's something that is true to real life? A gimmick is something needlessly added to the game that would not make it more REALISTIC. This would definitely make it more realistic than the current set up, where after 20 years you have the same kit and sponsor.

IT could be easily done, infact the extra sponsors taken on board would mean more money for SI to pump into making the games as good as possible.

LFC Lloydy
29-02-2008, 04:41
Originally posted by metropolistechnique:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil_Harwood_FM08:

It's not Fifa or TCM or LMA, these gimmicks are not part of FM and never should be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is it a gimmick if it's something that is true to real life? A gimmick is something needlessly added to the game that would not make it more REALISTIC. This would definitely make it more realistic than the current set up, where after 20 years you have the same kit and sponsor.

IT could be easily done, infact the extra sponsors taken on board would mean more money for SI to pump into making the games as good as possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Nomis07 was referring to your suggestion of the manager requesting and choosing kits and sponsors rather than everything else. Going of your definition that is a gimmick as managers are not really involved in that area of business and the feature would simply detract from the aim of the game.

As for sponsors, it is not that easy. First of all, it is not gauranteed that the sponsor will pay SI for their name in the game, it could just as easily be SI having to pay. Then there are problems with the sponsors already having links to other companies such as EA.

I do agree though that it would be nice for kits to change every now and then and possibly for their to be more info on sponsors. Although the manager shouldn't be involved in their selection IMO.

Anyway, just a quick thing that has probbably been mentioned already but I thought I'd raise it myself.

The AI of players needs to be improved so that when a player goes off the pitch for a while for physio treatment, his place on the pitch is not left emtpy.

For example, if my CB goes off for a few minutes I don't expect the other CB to have to cover both positions which will leave the defence very weak. Instead, one of the full backs will usually tuck inside and take up the CB position until the CB comes back. That particular example comes from a few minutes ago when my centre back was left on his own to defend against 2 star strikers which resulted in the opposition winning the match. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

This should of course also vary depending on what is happening in the match (e.g. the score)as well as your tactics.

llama3
02-03-2008, 14:43
please please please please please can i please select which sodding kit i am going to WEAR before a match, i am sick of the game choosing a kit that i dont actually fancy wearing cos i think it clashes too much etc etc. obviously the game can filter out the kits that would clash when the selection comes up. thanks

bookie
02-03-2008, 15:35
Ive played FM and other managerial games for years and i think that out of them all FM 2008 is without doubt the best but i think there is still room for improvement. Here are a few points that i think would improve the game for 2009 and beyond.

1. When signing a player i think that an agent has to be
involved for example his fees etc as this is a big part
of todays game.
2. Being able to approach a player illegally thru an agent
with the risk of getting caught and fined for "tapping
up" would bring a sense of realism. Agents pushing their
players to you and players wanting to sign for you would
be realistic aswell!!!
3. When making a signing a simulated press conference
with manager, chairman and player at table with
camera flashes etc, and questions about new signing
being put to you. Answers to the questions being
multiple choice.
4. This press conference would also be used when you take
over at a new club. With questions like "Do you think you
have what it takes to turn this club around?" would be
fun and add realism!
5. I know points 3 and 4 are kinda in the current game but
arent in this format! More questions would be good like
"Who will you be looking to bring in?"
"Will you be planning a clearout?"
"How much will you have to spend?" etc.....etc!
6. I also think that young players who rise through the
youth academy should be better as alot that come
through are crap and its frustrating when your club has
a top training academy and none make it to your first
team (whats the point?) more promising wonderkids
coming through would be great as everyone wants a
rooney or a bojan coming through !!!
7. Being able to build youth academies in different
countries would be cool with a pool of, for eg. africans
to be able to choose from. Then if you have a gem you
can select him and bring him over to join your academy.
These would of course have a cost to build and run.
8. When buying a young player there should be an option
to allow him to stay at his club on loan.
9. FM has got to bring in 3d stadiums as its something that
is in other games and is fun. A realistic copy of current
stadiums with the ability to pick and build new stands or
built a brand new all seater. If you are a lower division
club with a cow shed and sloping terrace and you take
them to the premiership you need a stadium that suits
and being able to see these improvements helps! As
you can see that the club is moving forward!!!!
10. Designing new kits?
11. Choosing your sponsorship from an arrange of offers!!
12. Its annoying when a player who loves the club has
their head turned by a club who quite simply in real
life wouldnt happen, like for eg. C.Ronaldo interested
in signing for Arsenal or Barry Ferguson of Rangers
wanting a move to Wigan etc it wouldnt happen!!!!
13. Ive also found that with the current game, even
though your wages are well below the wage
structure the club still seems to lose cash at the end
of each month for no apparent reason???
14. Having more control over finances would be good like
being able to take out loans to buy that striker that
you cant afford but would fire you to the premiership
where you could then pay it off!!!!