PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

AfterDeath
12-04-2007, 12:24
Being able to draw up plans for set pieces using arrows for player runs, passes etc. Could be great fun. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LFC Lloydy
12-04-2007, 12:32
Originally posted by tomsmith1989:
Hi.
I don't know if this has been brought forward already but I think it would be good if you could have:

-The ability to choose which season you start in. For example instead of starting in the 06/07 season, you begin in the 09/10 season. All the attributes/player retirements/winners of cups etc.. would be changed accordingly.
-Also the ability to start a few seasons back with the correct teams/stats etc.. for example play the 00/01 season again.

or something like that.

1. You can already start in the future, just go on holiday until whenever you want.

2. It would require a lot of data and research
to do this which would also take up a lot of time and resources for SI. It wouldn't really be worth it IMO.

xxxdutchmanxxx
13-04-2007, 07:32
Valuations of players who arnt even that good ending up extrodinerily high... being cut back.

There has been a number of players with semi ok ability being sold for £56m or so and spending one season at a club, then being sold to the next. Perfect example. Falco went to Madrid, then Barca, then a rich Roma and then United..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With reguards to relationships, it seems if you have a poor relationship with a rival then you cant buy a player from there team, yet there more than willing to buy a player from you and the relationship not to improve.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When bidding, you always pay over the odds, usually double the price for a player, yet whenever a team bids for yours (even with long contract) they still bid under or jus around the actual value...

Thanx, keep up the good work

llama3
13-04-2007, 08:18
something i mentioned on another thread was having more incidents with goalkeepers - i.e. being sent off for handling otuisde the box or for taking someone down outside the box i.e like Jens Lehmann in the champions league final

daro11
14-04-2007, 10:14
That would be a good idea. Will FM2008 have a higher minimum spec than FM2007? Would like to know, as may need to upgrade PC if so!

jordypark
14-04-2007, 10:32
Originally posted by AfterDeath:
Being able to draw up plans for set pieces using arrows for player runs, passes etc. Could be great fun. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Indeedly so, I like the sound of that! And I also like an idea on pg 16 about being able to read a clubs fanzine so this inspired me to an idea. I would like to see programmes before the matches, and if you're the home manager you get to write the manager's opinion of todays opponents and your recent form.

I would also like to be able to give a press release that isn't an interview, to say things like 'I am really thankful of the fans input recently' and 'You're eagerly anticipating the erby game...' or whatever!

fcdallas1982
14-04-2007, 13:42
I would just like to see an improvement in the international game honestly. There's all these U23 or U19 teams, yet not enough play with them. The AI doesn't even schedule them some friendlies.

bridport_pouncer
14-04-2007, 13:49
This is a rubbish idea and I won't be buying the game if it is implemented.

A bit extreme eh?

Anyway - I think a few little touches wouldn't be bad, we all know team talks could be spiced up a bit, and perhaps a few more 'off the field' things, for example whoever has got divorced and has a lower morale, or perhaps (stupid as it sounds) fears?

For example Dennis Bergkamp had a fear of flying and would either take the train, or drive to European matches. It could be more annoying than not - imagine you get the next Theirry Henry only to find he has a fear of flying so you have lost him for European games...

Wierd but hey

Milhouse1980
15-04-2007, 01:49
Maybe if you have an injured player that has to go off your assistant manager can suggest which player to have in the injured players position or maybe a change of formation

gse0x8
15-04-2007, 02:18
I would like to see real 'tapping' of players, not just being able to tell them they are good. You should be able to talk to the player and their agent withhout anyone else knowing and be able to get fined if anyone finds out.

Milhouse1980
15-04-2007, 02:20
Originally posted by Dreaded Walrus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gingerbread Man:
Offer Open Trials

One feature that I think would be a great addition for FM2008 would be the ability to advertise an open trial for your club.

What this means is players who are free agents would approach you with a view to joining your club on trial, usually in the summer for pre seasobn training.

It could be implemented in a similar way for advertising for staff.

I know this system is used regularly in real life and would be particularly useful for lower division clubs where player turnover is high.

This.

Also, it would also be a good secondary way for the engine to introduce new regens into the game, as youngsters that had not been "discovered" yet (regardless of quality) could come and try out for a club, and if good enough, get the nod, or try out at a different club. I would love to see this feature. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah this would be great. Your assistant manager and scouts can draw up a short list of players who could step up and make the grade and then its up to you if you want to offer them contracts.

Thses trials can happen maybe at the beginning of the season, around xmas and also towards the end of the season when players who's contracts are about to run out can go to trials.

gse0x8
15-04-2007, 02:21
you should be able to negotiate deals with different sponsors and your team shirt should change to accomodate the sponsor name

gse0x8
15-04-2007, 02:23
Also there should be more youth team e.g U'12s and 13s so you can track players progress from a young age.

LRJ
15-04-2007, 03:26
Originally posted by gse0x8:
you should be able to negotiate deals with different sponsors and your team shirt should change to accomodate the sponsor name

but what about teams like stoke who's sponsors are the stadium name too it would be a hassle changing it but a good suggestion

LRJ
15-04-2007, 03:33
more personal things on your manager profile like on 2003 where you had a wife,

maybe you could have more family on it and not just sons

and also the ability to do something with your wages maybe fund the club or put them towards your next transfer if your short

also if your club is cash strapped the ability to go public and ask some of your players to take a pay cut

last but not least, you could be able to arrange PA events like training camps and youth days where you can trial youths and youth coach handles signings

now some people will say i have heard them 2 before and you have i posted a thread with them in called '' Yet Another Suggestion For FM08''

Next Years Game Could We Possibly See On The PS3

DiscoStu94
15-04-2007, 07:17
Here's another item for the wishlist: Being able to add leagues in-game. Sometimmes, I accomplish what I wanted in all the leagues and can't do much else.

Ackter
15-04-2007, 07:19
more personal things on your manager profile like on 2003 where you had a wife,

maybe you could have more family on it and not just sons

and also the ability to do something with your wages maybe fund the club or put them towards your next transfer if your short

those are horrible ideas, and SI have never included a "get a wife" feature. EA's recent outing will show you exactly why any sort of personal things should not be included - they just detract from the game.

chopra_reds
15-04-2007, 07:35
Havent read previous 18 pages so don't know if already been mentioned but :

ability to put pressure on ref ( like Ferguson, Mourinho etc) bye saying stuff such as "I hope he is fair at their place" when you have a game away from home coming up. Basically "Ref interaction"

Also the ability to give your players a talk before subbing them into the game.

Katarian
15-04-2007, 14:32
Something else I would like to see in the game.

Why can I sign a player who doesn't get a WP and farm them out to a feeder club to get EU citizenship. If they need a new contract during their time out on loan if they fail to get a WP they don't sign a new contract. Why can they sign an initial contract when the WP has been rejected but can't sign an extension if the WP gets rejected again? Maybe it's part of the rules for the WP in the UK, but either way it makes no sense.

TheYorkshireKing
16-04-2007, 22:52
Originally posted by chopra_hill:
Havent read previous 18 pages so don't know if already been mentioned but :

ability to put pressure on ref ( like Ferguson, Mourinho etc) bye saying stuff such as "I hope he is fair at their place" when you have a game away from home coming up. Basically "Ref interaction" Also the ability to give your players a talk before subbing them into the game.

As above sounds like a good idea, also if its been mentioned i apologise but these are my thoughts:

It would be nice if and when a player from for eg charlton, have a player injured(Right winger) in the media you can directly from the screen offer them a player(pennant)to fill in on loan from your club, especially if said charlton manager is on friendly terms with you.

Also when a club(s) compete for players on loan from your club and you accept Loan to (Sunderland), then after 25+ matches and numerous reloans by said club the player has helped in a championship winning side, become a stalwart of the defence and eventually was their captain,their manager Roy keane shouldnt still think your an A**hole, but actually thank you, increasing your reputation and respect further.
And my player hated it, learned nothing
Keano your gonna regret it,
Watch out sunderland next year!!!

Also when you do a partial name search it would be nice to be able to arrange the list in A-Z format, age.

And bring back the old addition of choosing which certain attributes you want,but able to choose maybe a set number, say like you want pace, finishing, heading and technique of 15 but you'll accept 3 out of the four requested attributes. I think this was in CM 03/04, and worked well.

GusseG
16-04-2007, 23:28
More worldclass players please!! In every game I have played there are only one or two, and wonderkids almost never become worldclass. This doesnt reflect reality.

surf12
17-04-2007, 10:49
haven't read all 18 pages, but what i would like is more squad flexibility.

right now i have about 20 players in my first team and the rest in the reserves.
i would like players in my first team to play reserve games, if they dont play first team games to keep them match fit, without having to put them in the reserves and bring them back later.

so a small 'can play in reserve games' tickbox on the first team page, or an easily changeable squad status would be great.

this keeps my backup players match fit, without too much hassle

jkebab
17-04-2007, 12:00
There should be a lot more young players with amzing stats even from the beginning but not too mnay obviously because in my game they are always average or rubbish and I end up releasing them.

Also the Ass man always says their contract is not worth renewing. Also, with older players he says the same thing but he should mabe say that perhaps their experience will be of benefit

Evon
17-04-2007, 12:04
I'd really love to have an option to sign Brazillian/Belarussian(sp?)/Belgian under 18's on pre-contracts. It's happened irl with Man Utd arranging the transfer of the two 15 year old Brazillian twins from Fluminense. It would make it easier to poach players but since it does happen irl it would add another degree of realism. Or it could kill the fun. Depends on how you see it.

SAFC Adam
17-04-2007, 12:05
I would like to see on the league screen something like this.

Link (http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/runin.html)

Imperius
18-04-2007, 07:28
Sort out the following in the match engine which really makes me wonder if I should be spending so much time on this game:-

1. An attacker runs down the wing - the keeper comes miles off his line and stands there like an idiot leaving a gaping hole at the near post - the attacker shoots....yes and there's yet another hideously unrealistic long range near-post strike.

2. Your attacker has the ball at an extreme angle near the goal - there's a teammate at the edge of the 6 yard box with an open goal in front of him - does your striker square it or shoot into the side netting? I wonder...why its the side netting option! Does the ai striker do this five minutes later? Of course not. (The fanboys will be out in force telling me its my tactics, I keep buying players with low teamwork and the ai can't "cheat". Yeah, right).

3. An opposition striker takes a shot, it bounces off the keeper back into the dangerzone - why...it goes straight to another opposition striker - it bounces off my keeper or the woodwork - why...look at that it's gone straight to ANOTHER one of their players - goal - what a surprise. Btw, on the rare occasion that a fumbled (why are fumbling keepers so prevalent?) save falls to one of my players he merely presents it genorously to an opposition striker, so as not to upset the flow, you understand.

4. These constant idiotic OWN GOALS! THEY ARE DRIVING ME NUTS!!!

Generally, the match engine's brilliant but these are BUGS no matter how hard you might try to blame tactics. It just doesn't happen irl at anything like the frequency. I noticed the first three points on FM6, so these are long-standing things.

philmrs
18-04-2007, 13:42
What about individual orders being set for an individual rather than a position. So when you bring on your defensive midfielder to replace an attacking one for example, you dont have to spend 5 minutes setting up the player instructions.

TheYorkshireKing
18-04-2007, 21:34
Originally posted by philmrs:
What about individual orders being set for an individual rather than a position. So when you bring on your defensive midfielder to replace an attacking one for example, you dont have to spend 5 minutes setting up the player instructions.

Everyone wants this option, its been discussed since the damwn of time! SI surely?

vladislav19
18-04-2007, 21:51
Originally posted by surf12:
haven't read all 18 pages, but what i would like is more squad flexibility.

right now i have about 20 players in my first team and the rest in the reserves.
i would like players in my first team to play reserve games, if they dont play first team games to keep them match fit, without having to put them in the reserves and bring them back later.

so a small 'can play in reserve games' tickbox on the first team page, or an easily changeable squad status would be great.

this keeps my backup players match fit, without too much hassle

There you go, quoted for importance.

BobbyBamber
20-04-2007, 15:40
Suggestions for FM 08.

- I'd like to be able to have a coaches report in similar shape to the scout report. Not just a decent member of the squad.
- I had one player , whos best position was central defender (Stephen O'Donnell from Scotland if anyones interested) , but I played him right wing. The problem is that the coaches and scouts , 5 years on , still regard him as a center half , and so make comparisons about him , rather than my center half. Couldn't I indicate the best position for the player.
- Have more control of the youth system. How can I tell who has talent and who doesn't , perhaps being able to hire a youth/academy director how I can trust to give me an indication.
- Make more money avaliable for transfer. it very rarely happens , and Id like to be able to indicate that on individual transfers.
- Match engine , needs an overhaul , goals don't go in consistantly , set pieces are totally wrong , and goalies , making miracle saves , and then letting one goal through them (Granted they might be above the goalie , but mines 6 ft 5 .
- Training , I want more control over it , and I want it to be more effective. And you should be able to work on more things specifically , rather than 'Tactics' or 'Attacking'.
- Players constantly putting in media thingys saying they want to leave, i say no , they say their happy , and do the same thing a week later.
- I'd like to be able to scout local players , and have a look at them and then add them to the youth system.
- Is it time for stats out of a 100 , so things can be more specific , just an idea.

BobbyBamber
20-04-2007, 15:42
Oh yea , and since when has saying the ref got a decision wrong got you a touchline ban. I know its happened to Neil Warnock , but he does it every game.

dudester
20-04-2007, 17:17
ok not read all the pages here just the 1st couple and for the online play in fm i think it would be a gud idea if international matches were made an option to include or exclude as often lead to waiting 2 or 3 weeks for a game for sum players this could speed it up a little and also still be in included if that is what the players decide.

muncherdave
20-04-2007, 22:36
I'd like the ability to see the asking price for the group of players you have selected.

It's great that I can now punt all the players I don't want to my reserves and transfer list them all in one go, however I still find myself having to go through each player to say I don't want to ask for any money for them (as just want them off the wage bill) before I then go and offer them to clubs.

Lotuswolf05
23-04-2007, 03:29
I'd like a lot more intuitive multimedia added into the game to make it more of an immersive experience, there's times when I don't really feel part of any "football world" in the game and can feel really deflated at the end of a season with just a bit of text in a news message announcing my team have done the treble or whatever, it's really easy to lose interest in annoucements as it's obvious they're basic generations, for example, with Spurs you get messages such as:-

<Insert ex-spurs legend here> thinks <insert player name here> is fantastic, blah blah blah."
<Insert ex-spurs legend here> thinks <insert manager name here> has done magic with Spurs having won <insert competition here>

and of course the ex-Spurs legend is either Graham Roberts, Jurgen Klinnsmann or Teddy Sheringham (as they're the named ones in the favourites list for the team anyway).

It's really a bit.....simple, could do a lot better in drawing the player into the game world more and making it a lot more reactive to what is happening in the game, in a way that catches your attention more rather than a bit of text that is obviously generated from about a dozen templates.

Palle Kuling
23-04-2007, 05:39
Lower league clubs (and that can be div 2 clubs sometimes) shouldn't sell players so carelessly and cheap. Only if they have a really really bad managent then some stupidity would be ok.

Let the manager address specific things like a player uses to much backpasses or carelessly passes the ball into dangerous zones. I want to be able to address this and that it should be worked on in training.

shamule
23-04-2007, 12:06
able to change rival teams or players you like or dilike during game.

more choice of contact neg. with offer of money for winning cups or league titals ect..

better chance of off loading unwanted stars as sometimes you cannot give top stars away sor free.

able to put more inverstment in youth teams for the search for the next big star.

instead of top goal scorer or most apperances , have the top 5 so you can see your stars improve and move up the high goals score charts.

if you are bottom of league and you get a draw against one of the big teams then your teams morale improves more than if it was the other way around.

and if you take over a team near end of season at bottom of league and you fail to save them you are less likely to get the sack as you only just got the job

richie1000000
23-04-2007, 17:43
surely at some point they will have to invest in a 3D match engine?

psilord80
27-04-2007, 11:35
One thing that would be nice is managers getting to select what language they speak. When I play the game i put my nationality as Bangladeshi (which I really am) and the automatic language that pops up is Bangali. But I always start the game by managing in Singapore where different languages are spoken. So my profile end up saying that I an speak Bangali, English, Chinese and Malay. Now I may sound very nit-picky about this but I would like to select only the languages that I speak which is English and Bangali. This is purely for cosmetic purposes but I would like to reflect the real me in the game.

Airwolf23
27-04-2007, 13:04
Match Engine:

One on ones really need looking at. Players hardly, if ever, score from them.

Two on ones, when a player would generally pass for his team mate to shoot, it doesn't happen. The players with the ball would shoot himself and it is saved. Similarly, when a player has a chance of a decent shot, he doesn't always take it, when IRL he would.

killswitch
27-04-2007, 13:22
I would like to be able to appoint and interact with a Director of Football, and maybe to have more interaction with the board and FA.

Also, in situations during a match where the ball seems to be going out of play, but players could still get to it, they stop and let it go ou of play, when trying to get to it would be better. Can this be fixed because it is annoying, particularly late on in a game you are losing 1-0 and need to at least draw.

27-04-2007, 13:44
match engine:

1) if u play wingers or generally out wide about 80% of crosses are blocked even when the winger passes the defender the cross rarely goes over in the box. There needs to be the cross elevated on the 2d view, so at least some crosses go into the box. IRL a lot of croses happen from byline and at least go in box.

2) top class players have poor control, for example ball is on line or near line and they just touch it out. happens too many times IMHO.

3) Players not listening to instructions on normal CF. They should play their normal game but listen to instructions. Too many times i specify dont TTB on strikers and its aimlessly played down wing.

4)More movement with forwrd runs, like diagonal runs, strikers pulling markers wide, etc ....match engne gameplay is too basic.

5) Too many headers or hoofs from defenders lead stright 2 one on ones, IMHO keepers sweep these out often in games.

6) keeper should have passing stats or listen on low CF to Play say, eg. defender collect.Too many times ball is played straight to defender who heads it straight back 4 one on one with keeper for opposition striker.

7)More individual instructions for players, like cut in often, hug touchline.....striker com very deep like berkamp.

8)mntality explained, it doesnt affect positioning, yet in game yet coninue game tip says it should make a CB stop strikers getting in behind if played on Ultra defensive mentality.

9) When not selecting an option some should be disables,like use TM will mean playmaker cant be described or if not some explanation of how they work in tandem.

I hope SI are reading this and make at least some changes for FM 2008.

27-04-2007, 14:28
Also I believe defensive line should be changed to work properly. I set a deep defensive line yet defenders still move to half way line. IRL in when a team is attacking or defending after scoring sme times the defenders dont move much outside the box, just to close down loose balls.

Or I would like SI to exlin their interpretation of the defensive line.

shamule
28-04-2007, 00:01
Have the choice to buy players x,y and z in one deal for so much cash of exchange instead of only being able to buy one player per deal

Ackter
28-04-2007, 00:02
Originally posted by Badboy500:
Also I believe defensive line should be changed to work properly. I set a deep defensive line yet defenders still move to half way line. IRL in when a team is attacking or defending after scoring sme times the defenders dont move much outside the box, just to close down loose balls.

Or I would like SI to exlin their interpretation of the defensive line.

There really should be an attacking and defensive line. Currently the defensive line only counts when you've lost possession of the ball.

DiscoStu94
28-04-2007, 03:52
How about some board expectations on not only the league but european leagues as well?

mlp071
28-04-2007, 20:34
Would like to see :

- Liga 3 (15 groups) Spain

- Liga 3 - Turkish one (this one is hard to
gather info about , i know)

-German Oberliga

-Seria D in Italy

- actualy would be nice to have one more tier in almost all leagues that only have 2-3 Tiers represented here..

- Fix British leagues,meaning lower them down to realistic lvl (England national team should be junk as it is in reality, and Scottish teams are doing way to good in CL)

- Curb down clubs finances , it is so easy to make money in medium and high class teams.

-It would be nice to give option of having pre- Bosman rules,as part of game setup.(if you can have Harchester , why not that also, at least it's more close to reality)

in1984
28-04-2007, 21:02
i havnt read any of the suggestions nor have i kept up to date with any news on the 08 version but i would like to see FM have an optional online link directly into your game for real football news that then can affect your FM season. that perhaps automatically updates just before every time you play your game.

eg ... a player is caught by the papers doing something dodgy but in real life just escapes with a fine, but in your game you can punish him differently if your managing the team of course otherwise its just becomes background news on the news ticker.

the bellamy riise golf club incident is a great example.

if you were to play as liverpool at some time during your season the file you recieve from si via online activates a sequence of events eg as in real ife it happened abroad so the file is designated only to trigger during an away trip the files could also be assigned a date/time code expiry date so they dont trigger every season just during the same season in your game that it happened in real life.

in1984
28-04-2007, 21:15
actually my biggest gripe about tall Fm games is giving average mf players the finishing ability of strikers

its ok for lampard, gerrard, kaka etc etc

but you get some mf players scoring some ridiculous amounts of goals from open play and its just an unecesary thing that needs changing in editing.

also please dont leave any gaps in player stats that the computer can randomly generate. imo theres nowt worse than finding a well know player with stats that are made up every time you start a new game.

ScottM
30-04-2007, 07:00

Why?

Scott M

ScottM
30-04-2007, 07:06
Also there should be more youth team e.g U'12s and 13s so you can track players progress from a young age.

Suggestions like this are elitist. There are thousands of clubs in the game and only a few have the resources to have "creche" acadamies.

The current setup works fine, no need to complicate it further.

Scott M

ScottM
30-04-2007, 07:11
Originally posted by in1984:
i havnt read any of the suggestions nor have i kept up to date with any news on the 08 version but i would like to see FM have an optional online link directly into your game for real football news that then can affect your FM season. that perhaps automatically updates just before every time you play your game.

eg ... a player is caught by the papers doing something dodgy but in real life just escapes with a fine, but in your game you can punish him differently if your managing the team of course otherwise its just becomes background news on the news ticker.

if you were to play as liverpool at some time during your season the file you recieve from si via online activates a sequence of events eg as in real ife it happened abroad so the file is designated only to trigger during an away trip the files could also be assigned a date/time code expiry date so they dont trigger every season just during the same season in your game that it happened in real life.

Utterly, utterly pointless.

Lets get this straight, the moment you click "New game" you enter a fantasy world. You cant have the real world popping up.

This thread is great, it makes me LOL/slap my forehead regularly.

Scott M

somebodyfresh
30-04-2007, 12:42
name sponsors !! (just fake ones we can change to real ones ourself)

when a player says he wants to leave the club, telling the assistant manager to find a replacement. so he'll convene with the scouts and find someone....

Dimony
30-04-2007, 13:21
The manager has no control over sponsors in real life.

fmj
01-05-2007, 15:11
Like so many before me: my apologies if these things have already been mentioned. (I do 'pity the fool' at SI who has to trawl through this thread to see what is good and what is not!) Anyway:

Minor changes in contract interface:
- Set the contract options in the same order as the demands of the player, i.e. if you offer a contract win bonus and goal bonus are reversed compared to the player demands. Really minor, but really annoying. (At least to me.)
- Also for the contract: When you automatically offer a player a contract as a type of player he's not interested in (e.g. hot prospect), the additional bonusses aren't always filled in (I think this is only with youth contracts). That's fine, but when I change the type of contract to one he is interested in (e.g. to Rotation), they aren't filled in automatically either, even when under that contract I know the player demands and could easily meet them. Again, very minor, but also annoying.
(Hmm, I might be just very lazy!)

Feeder clubs: Here we go again! Just one tiny one: the amount of money the feeder clubs get seems a bit small. I mean, I can get a feeder club in a very good competition for say 50k pounds a year. This is absolutely spare change for the big teams and probably not much for the feeder club too! So e.g. as PSV Eindhoven I've had Rimini as a feeder club for about 50k pounds a year. I would assume that is absolutely nothing for a club in the Serie B.

Blatant time wasting displays: This is a major annoyance for a lot of other people too I guess. My problem is not so much with the time-wasting itself since it is a big part of real football (sadly enough), but more with the way the match engine displays this sometimes. The player holding the ball near the corner flag is fine, even a very realistic touch, but a keeper not moving a muscle to get the ball after my player has passed it twice is a bit much! In real life almost any referee would book the player for that and the media would make a big deal of it. (Of course it is fine if my keeper does it!)

Hall of fame: First of all I would like some hall of fame points for a very good result in a major competition. I tend to play the Dutch league and getting a Dutch team in the semi-final of the CL is a very, very good result. It doesn't, however, gain you any hall of fame points. Secondly and even weirder is the fact that winning the Dutch Cup seems to be considered a bigger result than winning the UEFA Cup. Now I realize that this is dependent on the country. E.g. in the slightly egocentric England (hey, I live here, I can say it!) winning the FA Cup seems to be a bigger deal than winning the UEFA Cup, but in most countries this wouldn't be true at all.

These are some things I can think of right now. I would like to emphasize that it is a great game already! Now if you could just adjust it to my every whim... http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

02-05-2007, 02:50
The height of regenplayers should be fixed. Noone grows beyond 194 cm......

Mister Z
02-05-2007, 05:10
My 2 pence worth, more control on finance and stadium facilities
I know the game is about football management, but you can make it in option like finance controlled by director on/off
- Control prices for season tickets at the beginning of a season.
- Control ticket prices on match day.
- Create more (monthly) income by exploring food stands, sky boxes, etc.
- More control over upgrading stands & training facilities.

Paxton_Yid
02-05-2007, 05:29
I'd like the option of including a loan agreement within a transfer.

IE; I bought Gareth Bale with the intention of loaning him out straight away...would be good if I could have offered Southampton £2m with the option of him staying at Southampton on loan for the rest of the season.

Michael F
02-05-2007, 06:48
Originally posted by Mister Z:
My 2 pence worth, more control on finance and stadium facilities
I know the game is about football management, but you can make it in option like finance controlled by director on/off
- Control prices for season tickets at the beginning of a season.
- Control ticket prices on match day.
- Create more (monthly) income by exploring food stands, sky boxes, etc.
- More control over upgrading stands & training facilities.

No
No
No &
No for the reason in bold

in1984
02-05-2007, 07:30
Originally posted by ScottM:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by in1984:

Lets get this straight, the moment you click "New game" you enter a fantasy world. You cant have the real world popping up.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why not ??? at least give some sort of reason or argument.

a bit of realism here and there would imrpove the game imo. after playing fm games for a few years generic actions of players get a bit tedious to say the least.

like i said it could be an option you could toggle on or off. and i explained the way it might be possibly fitted into the game.

all it is basically, is a proper udpate done by si to take the some of the repetitiveness out the game when playing different teams.

think about it every time you start a new game that data for the corresponding season would be there for that team. every time you started a new game there would be more and more possibilities available.

if it was me playing as man city id sure like the chance to dish out the punishment on joey barton for his latest indiscretion.

Michael F
02-05-2007, 15:27
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScottM:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by in1984:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a bit of realism here and there would imrpove the game imo. after playing fm games for a few years generic actions of players get a bit tedious to say the least.

like i said it could be an option you could toggle on or off. and i explained the way it might be possibly fitted into the game.

all it is basically, is a proper udpate done by si to take the some of the repetitiveness out the game when playing different teams.

think about it every time you start a new game that data for the corresponding season would be there for that team. every time you started a new game there would be more and more possibilities available.

if it was me playing as man city id sure like the chance to dish out the punishment on joey barton for his latest indiscretion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wont happen for legal reasons, SI would be getting sued every day for defamation of character.

shamule
03-05-2007, 07:37
Originally posted by Paxton_Yid:
I'd like the option of including a loan agreement within a transfer.

IE; I bought Gareth Bale with the intention of loaning him out straight away...would be good if I could have offered Southampton £2m with the option of him staying at Southampton on loan for the rest of the season.

I'd like this option to, but i guess it is sort of there already as you can buy them at the end of the season without having to loan them back, so they end up staying with team for seaon anyway

socngill
03-05-2007, 08:36
Originally posted by coxam:
I'd like to see a linux version of the game included on the cd.

I think this is a fantastic idea. With Dells recent decision to sell there machines with Lunux (Ubuntu) pre-installed more software developers should be including when developing. FM took the step from Windows to Macs a few years ago, come on guys give it to us on linux!!!

LFC Lloydy
03-05-2007, 08:40
FM have said before that they have considered Linux but have found some difficulties because there are so many variants of it.

ScottM
03-05-2007, 08:41
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScottM:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if it was me playing as man city id sure like the chance to dish out the punishment on joey barton for his latest indiscretion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm an intelligent man, but you've lost me.

What you're saying is then that if you're playing Man City you want online updates of things that happen in the real world, that havn't happened in your virtual Season, to pop up so you can fine a player/let him off for something he didn't do in the game?

Or no matter where you are in your game, you want a virtual event to mimic the real world event? How on earth is that possible? Lets take the Pedro Mendes/Thatcher incident that was worldwide news. Lets say you're in season 2012 with Pompey when that happened in real life, how does it work? both players have likely retired/switched clubs??

That's just bonkers! Either way.

Scott M

deadlydevices
03-05-2007, 20:07
My suggestion: A chairman mode. You enter the game with a set amount of money (or automatically in a team) and purchase a team and start leading them. You purchase your staff, you tell your manager what you expect the team to do. You can suggest players to buy, or buy it without consulting your manager and scouts. You choose how to spend your money, on upgrades or expansions, and you can bet your money as well as spend it on luxeries. You may a realistic amount of money from every game, prizes, etc. and so selling players for 400k rather than waiting a week for 800k truly makes a difference.

Like an RPG Football simulation http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

shamule
04-05-2007, 01:32
Youth set up
you can upgrade your training facilities to different standards but you can have same sort of youth accad..... if you are man utd or halifax.
would be good if you could have different grades of youth accad... also, as training.

Monty_9
04-05-2007, 02:20
I personally would love to see the national management improved. At the moment you hardly do anything. You pick the squad and then pick the team. Even if you just added a bit more interaction with managers or more importantly training. It needs a big look at imo.

There are other improvement i would like but they have all been mentioned i.e agents, interaction with players, matchday tactics and talkin with players!

Best game i have ever played mind you!

Michael F
04-05-2007, 03:53
Originally posted by deadlydevices:
My suggestion: A chairman mode. You enter the game with a set amount of money (or automatically in a team) and purchase a team and start leading them. You purchase your staff, you tell your manager what you expect the team to do. You can suggest players to buy, or buy it without consulting your manager and scouts. You choose how to spend your money, on upgrades or expansions, and you can bet your money as well as spend it on luxeries. You may a realistic amount of money from every game, prizes, etc. and so selling players for 400k rather than waiting a week for 800k truly makes a difference.

Like an RPG Football simulation http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Its not football chairman so no.

Vasto
04-05-2007, 07:03
These are some of my ideas for a better FM 08.
please SI people tell me if they're totally impossible to add in the game:

1) MARKET:
a) an option to block the first market window (until august 31th). It's to avoid changes in the team also in the first season when in reality the have buoght players yet. However JUST AN OPTION.
b) possibility of offer a player to another team also as a loan or a co-ownership (italy), not just definitive transfer.
c) (for italy) co-ownership: possibility to buy just half of the player and possibility to loan a player who's co-owned.

2)MEDIA
Improve manager-media, manager-palyers, and managaer-board interaction.

3) LEAGUE
add Japanese league (i know there's a problem about the right reserved)

4) CONTRACTS
insert new clauses in the contracts:
promise a new contract after a number of goals etc.

5) TACTICS
a) More accurate tactics: possibility to set player's positions when your team holds the ball
or when you're defending
b) new player's indications
c) move more freely the players' icons on the tactics board or possibility of use more than only one arrow for each player.

and less important adds:
6) RATING
a)add more realistic marks (not a lot of "10" and also "5,5" "6,5" etc.)
b) not give a mark to a player who played just few minutes.

7) new players' charactersitic:
-shot power, shot accuracy, etc.

For now it's enough!

Let me know what you think about this!
Sorry for my bad english.

Timbo_LUFC
04-05-2007, 08:52
I'd love to see managers being brought in as short term replacement i.e to avoid relegation.

shamule
05-05-2007, 11:03
would like to see a rating for managers on a rotation feture. as some managers use squad rotation a lot more than others but in the game it hardly ever happends.

also like to see comuter managers or vhairmen being able to improver training facilities and stadiam capasity.

sorry about spelling if are mistakes a s im a bit ****ed at momejny as keyboard keeps jumping around lol

paulsgruff
05-05-2007, 11:24
I made a thread not long ago about how I would like to see the pre-match scout reports improved. I would have included it in this thread but I was unaware of it's existence until I have just refreshed General Discussion and it was near the top http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Anyway, here are my ideas. They are probably all included in this thread somewhere but thought I would link anyway incase.

Thread (http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/6802076713)

Craig Williams
08-05-2007, 11:39
On the human manager information screen, where it tells you how many leagues and cups you have won, there should be a drop down box listing exactly which tournament, with which team and in what season.

ajani
08-05-2007, 13:29
Have more detailed tactics for each player...

Similar to the throw in options, instead of R side/L side have it for each player so when the Left back has the ball tell the forward to go running in space, the Left Mid to come for a short pass and the centre defender to stay back.

matt_CDL
08-05-2007, 13:37
Players failing drug tests.

Clubs going into Administration more.

Stop ridiculous come backs

Stop having to pay over the top sums of money for players e.g clubs rejecting £90m offers for certain players

More in depth coach reports

more notice on your players contracts demands so he doesent get unhappy

The old firm have more reputation.

Makle the training easier to control.

Sir_Liam
11-05-2007, 09:12
1. I'd like better board interaction, and more consultation when they decide to sell one of your players. My current chairman sold my star midfielder for less than we paid a year earlier, and I couldn't do anything about it. I should be able to let my disgust known, or demand that every penny we make from the sale goes towards signing a replacement. In the end the same stupid chairman restricted wages on my preferred replacement and I couldn't sign him, even though I was comfortably under my wage budget.

2. On a similar theme I should be able to ask the board to let me offer a player a little bit more money in the above circumstances. All I needed was an extra £1000 a week to offer him, and even then he would have been on a lot less than the player I had just sold. And the transfer fee for the potential replacement was much lower too.

3. Similar to number 1, when I make a board request, and they turn it down, there needs to be another way apart from issuing an ultimatum of letting them know your unhappy.

4. Clubs need to recognise long-serving players/managers a lot more. I've seen Milan loan Paolo Maldini out to Newcastle in his final year. Roma always end up putting Francesco Totti on the transfer list as well. While they may be at the end of their careers, I think they'd atleast hang around as squad players at their respective clubs, rather than being humiliated on the transfer list. Your board also don't seem to respect you as much as they should, regardless of achievement.

5. A new set-piece designer. At the moment I feel limited in what I can do with set-pieces. In real life teams will have several corner routines, but on FM you can only have 1 per tactic. I'd also like to be able to position my players exactly where I want them to be, and tell them where I want them to run on a diagram of the penalty area.

6. I'd like to be able to move the players anywhere on the tactics screen, rather then have them on the fixed positions as they are presently. That would also, I feel, end some of the confusion around what the exact effects of mentality are with regards to player positioning.

7. Player development, particularly physically can be improved. I'd like a little more control in training over what a player could work on. For example my midfielder really needs to work on his tackling. While I can focus on more defensive training, I can't focus on just tackling, and his tackling will still move up together with his other attributes, rather than quicker, as I'm focusing on it more.

8. I like the slider training, and prefer it to the old method, but I hate the way that my defenders have to do shooting to improve their composure, and that my strikers have to do defending to improve concentration. That's frustrating for me, and others I'm sure. Being able to focus on one attribute would be nice.

9. Improved realism of feeder clubs. At the moment I can request a feeder club every few months and I always get one, leaving me with a huge list of them. I don't think clubs should be having 20+ feeder clubs, no matter how big.

10. Clubs make too much money at present, particularly through merchandise feeder clubs. This results in clubs being unrealistically rich in the future.

11. A little bit more advice from your ass man would be nice at times. At the moment He gives out no tactical advice, and I feel, providing it was implemented properly, a little more advice would be welcomed by beginners, and possibly more experienced managers.

12. I'm fed up with players turning down contracts and not giving me much of a reason why. So more details on why a player has rejected an offer would be nice.

13. The new scouting system is a big improvement, especially as you're realistically restricted in where you can go. But if you have a lot of money and can only scout in one region, you should be able to ask the board if you can send a scout further afield for a while. I'm also fed up with my scouts saying a 33-year-old has-been has the potential to be as good as my best player, when it's obvious he won't fulfil it at that age.

14. I'd love to be able to criticise other team's players in the press as a mind-game, or just because I hate them. I'd also like to be able to praise my whole team if I think they're doing well, not just individuals.

11-05-2007, 12:35
I wonder if all these changes can be implemented in fm08, as SI have said they have to re-write one module at a time.....

Cam69r
13-05-2007, 09:35
5. A new set-piece designer. At the moment I feel limited in what I can do with set-pieces. In real life teams will have several corner routines, but on FM you can only have 1 per tactic. I'd also like to be able to position my players exactly where I want them to be, and tell them where I want them to run on a diagram of the penalty area.

I LOVE this idea! Too many suggestions are about how to make the game more detailed withou actually having anything to do with football management like better celebrations etc.
But some managers live and die by set pieces and the currect set piece set up isn't nearly good enough! Having a diagram of a tacitcs bored and saying where you want your men and where to run and where to get the ball delivered would be great! Also you could save your man made tactics and durin a game say you want only set piece 1 deployed or you could let your players pic which 1 they want and let them choose between the 5 you've invented! Something like that but its a great idea imo and needs to be looked at.

Michael F
13-05-2007, 09:45
Originally posted by matt_CDL:
Players failing drug tests. Wont happen ever!

Clubs going into Administration more. I cant see a problem with teams in administration

Stop ridiculous come backs examples?

Stop having to pay over the top sums of money for players e.g clubs rejecting £90m offers for certain players

More in depth coach reports yes

more notice on your players contracts demands so he doesent get unhappy

The old firm have more reputation. More of a data issue tbh

Makle the training easier to control.

13-05-2007, 15:07
Theres probably only one real thing I want aded in to the future games.

Currently, In the fixtures menu you can go past meetings and see over the years how you've done against that team. The next logical progression and the thing that I really want in the next game is, a manager version. It would be perfect for long single player games and Lan/Internet games, in which players move around alot.

So 5, 10 , 15 years down the line you can see a mini table of you results against other managers and the different teams that you played, with and against.

CymruAmBythWXM
13-05-2007, 15:17
Something completely cosmetic, but I'd like under languages for Welsh players to have at least basic knowledge of Welsh rather than it just being English. It seems a bit daft to me that Luxembourgish (or whatever its called) can be in the game but not Welsh.

zeusbheld
14-05-2007, 01:04
Originally posted by Cam69r:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">5. A new set-piece designer. At the moment I feel limited in what I can do with set-pieces. In real life teams will have several corner routines, but on FM you can only have 1 per tactic. I'd also like to be able to position my players exactly where I want them to be, and tell them where I want them to run on a diagram of the penalty area.

I LOVE this idea! Too many suggestions are about how to make the game more detailed withou actually having anything to do with football management like better celebrations etc.
But some managers live and die by set pieces and the currect set piece set up isn't nearly good enough! Having a diagram of a tacitcs bored and saying where you want your men and where to run and where to get the ball delivered would be great! Also you could save your man made tactics and durin a game say you want only set piece 1 deployed or you could let your players pic which 1 they want and let them choose between the 5 you've invented! Something like that but its a great idea imo and needs to be looked at. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i like the idea of a setpiece designer but wouldn't expect it to be ready by 2k8. for one thing, it opens the door to unrealistic 'supertactics' considering it would be brand new and untested. i would like it if it were set up like drawing Xs and Os on a chalkboard, like sports coaches actually do when they explain tactics to a team (i assume they use this method in footy but honestly i've only played basketball IRL).

i've gotten used to the slider interface by now, but long-term i'd like tactics screen to be more like drawing Xs and Os--in other words, more directly intuitively like managing a sports team.

bismarck
14-05-2007, 05:55
When usage of "Rest for 3 days/week" the player shuld be unavailable for that time.

or

Go on holliday > redone option for "Use current player selection if possible" should be changed to "Play only players within the selected squad and subs"

I hate when ass man plays best team!
I hate that players become unhappy for the lack of first team football, the rason is that only the league matches count.

Ex. I have a player that was signed as a backup and I play him in LC & FAC as first team and as a sub for leauge & Champions Cup and he is complaing all the time becouse of lack of first team football. (he ended with 16/10 match stats)
*16 first team
*10 used as a sub

Ackter
14-05-2007, 05:58
When usage of "Rest for 3 days/week" the player shuld be unavailable for that time.

No he shouldn't.

bismarck
14-05-2007, 06:33
Originally posted by Ackter:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When usage of "Rest for 3 days/week" the player shuld be unavailable for that time.

No he shouldn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL Why not?

If I rest player for a week why is ass man playing him on the match day??? Why it doesnt matter the stats of using subs and rotation on the ass man??? Why is ass man always playing best squad team formation???

ex. my key player played 8 matches in 4 weeks and ass man continue to play him even he is not picked in team while using non-effective "play curent selection if possible" option in "go on holliday". BTW: selection is made of rotation and backup players, all are fit and condition 96+. Why he still uses key player with condition 90%, possibly well jaded, pu on rest for 3 days while playing unimportant away game?

zeusbheld
14-05-2007, 09:20
Originally posted by bismarck:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When usage of "Rest for 3 days/week" the player shuld be unavailable for that time.

No he shouldn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL Why not?

If I rest player for a week why is ass man playing him on the match day??? Why it doesnt matter the stats of using subs and rotation on the ass man??? Why is ass man always playing best squad team formation???

ex. my key player played 8 matches in 4 weeks and ass man continue to play him even he is not picked in team while using non-effective "play curent selection if possible" option in "go on holliday". BTW: selection is made of rotation and backup players, all are fit and condition 96+. Why he still uses key player with condition 90%, possibly well jaded, pu on rest for 3 days while playing unimportant away game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

because "rest players for a week" is to keep them out of TRAINING, while retaining the option of PLAYING them.
believe it or not, if you don't like the team your ass man picks, you can actually overrule him.

Darns
14-05-2007, 09:21
A few pointers for scouting.

- When your scout to scout the next team, like Fulham, away then, when you play them at home you should be able to see the report he made last time.
- Also if you have a former player maybe he could help you to outcun your opponents.

zeusbheld
14-05-2007, 09:33
Originally posted by Darns:
A few pointers for scouting.

- When your scout to scout the next team, like Fulham, away then, when you play them at home you should be able to see the report he made last time.
- Also if you have a former player maybe he could help you to outcun your opponents.

i like that idea of a former player contributing to your scouting knowledge of a team. should have a limited shelf-life though.

i mean if he played for the other team ten seasons ago he probably can't offer anything useful.

emgergo
14-05-2007, 12:19
Stadium requirements.

Just having lots of trouble with board saying no to stadium expansion, and it's totally unrealistic to play with a 750-capacity ground in the Swedish second division.

To be more precise, I'll quote the stadium requirements from the Hungarian FA's official rules:

"1st league stadium: minimum 3000 seated, minimum 3000 capacity + lights

2nd league: minimum 1000 capacity with minimum 300 seats

3rd league: minimum 500 capacity

4th league: minimum 300 capacity"

Teams IRL have to cope with this problems when changing leagues. I think we can all tell examples, when a stadium had to be upgraded to comply with the rules (I recall Ascoli, many Hungarian cases too). The board can't refuse the expansion/upgrade this way, because it's the pre-requisite to enter the higher league.

Same goes to club competitions. Stadia have to match the UEFA standards. Some more examples:

- Hungarian teams usually have to take their last CL qualifying round home tie to the national stadium in Budapest, as that's the stadium that's suitable

- Artmedia Bratislava couldn't play on their home ground in the CL group stage, because their stadium was not good enough.

- Hammarby had to move away to Rasunda for a CL-qualifier

- FC Thun had to play all their CL-matches in Bern

And that's some examples from the last 5-6 years, there are more, especially in the early rounds.

A quote from English FA rules, about promotion from conference: "If stadia are not of the required quality, teams from League Two are not relegated."

I'm not saying that stadium requirements have to be done for each and every team around the world in FM.

But something along the lines of:

Elite countries: (England, Germany, France, Spain, Italy)

- 1st class stadium RQ: min. 20000 all-seater

- 2nd class stadium RQ: min. 10000 all-seater

- 3rd class stadium RQ: min. 5000 capacity

- 4th class stadium RQ: min. 2000 capacity

Medium countries: (e.g. Scotland, Portugal, Sweden, Norway)

- 1st class stadium RQ: min. 6000 all-seater

- 2nd class stadium RQ: min. 3000 capacity

- 3rd/4th class stadium RQ: min. 1000 capacity

Smaller countries (e.g. Hungary, Croatia)

- 1st class stadium RQ: min. 3000 all-seater

- 2nd class stadium RQ: min. 1000 capacity

- 3rd/4th class stadium RQ: min. 500 capacity

Minnows (e.g. Iceland)

- 1st class stadium RQ: min. 1000 capacity

- Below: min. 300 capacity

Champions' League group stage RQ

- At least 18,000 all-seater (probably there's a given number to this, but I couldn't find it in the CL manual)

UEFA Cup/CL qualifier RQ

- At least 5000 capacity

Sorry to be long, I just wanted to give a detailed explanation. I don't think that this is a priority over gameplay fixes, but adds realism, and IRL a quite important factor.

BenArsenal
15-05-2007, 00:12
I'd like to see the option of clubs arranging friendlies with national teams, because it does happen IRL.

For example, Man U is going on an Asian tour this summer, and playing the national teams of Japan, Korea, Hong Kong etc.

matt_CDL
15-05-2007, 03:18
Originally posted by emgergo:
Stadium requirements.

Just having lots of trouble with board saying no to stadium expansion, and it's totally unrealistic to play with a 750-capacity ground in the Swedish second division.

To be more precise, I'll quote the stadium requirements from the Hungarian FA's official rules:

"1st league stadium: minimum 3000 seated, minimum 3000 capacity + lights

2nd league: minimum 1000 capacity with minimum 300 seats

3rd league: minimum 500 capacity

4th league: minimum 300 capacity"

Teams IRL have to cope with this problems when changing leagues. I think we can all tell examples, when a stadium had to be upgraded to comply with the rules (I recall Ascoli, many Hungarian cases too). The board can't refuse the expansion/upgrade this way, because it's the pre-requisite to enter the higher league.

Same goes to club competitions. Stadia have to match the UEFA standards. Some more examples:

- Hungarian teams usually have to take their last CL qualifying round home tie to the national stadium in Budapest, as that's the stadium that's suitable

- Artmedia Bratislava couldn't play on their home ground in the CL group stage, because their stadium was not good enough.

- Hammarby had to move away to Rasunda for a CL-qualifier

- FC Thun had to play all their CL-matches in Bern

And that's some examples from the last 5-6 years, there are more, especially in the early rounds.

A quote from English FA rules, about promotion from conference: "If stadia are not of the required quality, teams from League Two are not relegated."

I'm not saying that stadium requirements have to be done for each and every team around the world in FM.

But something along the lines of:

Elite countries: (England, Germany, France, Spain, Italy)

- 1st class stadium RQ: min. 20000 all-seater

- 2nd class stadium RQ: min. 10000 all-seater

- 3rd class stadium RQ: min. 5000 capacity

- 4th class stadium RQ: min. 2000 capacity

Medium countries: (e.g. Scotland, Portugal, Sweden, Norway)

- 1st class stadium RQ: min. 6000 all-seater

- 2nd class stadium RQ: min. 3000 capacity

- 3rd/4th class stadium RQ: min. 1000 capacity

Smaller countries (e.g. Hungary, Croatia)

- 1st class stadium RQ: min. 3000 all-seater

- 2nd class stadium RQ: min. 1000 capacity

- 3rd/4th class stadium RQ: min. 500 capacity

Minnows (e.g. Iceland)

- 1st class stadium RQ: min. 1000 capacity

- Below: min. 300 capacity

Champions' League group stage RQ

- At least 18,000 all-seater (probably there's a given number to this, but I couldn't find it in the CL manual)

UEFA Cup/CL qualifier RQ

- At least 5000 capacity

Sorry to be long, I just wanted to give a detailed explanation. I don't think that this is a priority over gameplay fixes, but adds realism, and IRL a quite important factor.

The minimum capacity rule is ruining scottish football becuase teams are sometimes ubable to be promoted which is pointless. Bratislava did play there home games at there ground ( i know cos rangers played them)

emgergo
15-05-2007, 03:45
Denying promotion would be pointless of course in FM. (and it's stupid IRL too). But teams having to move temporariliy in rent/having to upgrade stadium is realistic.

BTW wrong about Artmedia: 'Artmedia played their Champions League fixtures at the Tehelné pole ground of crosstown rivals Slovan Bratislava because their own ground does not meet UEFA standards for Champions League play.'

Djalminha
15-05-2007, 03:46
Just A Few Things.....
1* Long Term Loan Players Are Able To Teach Youths ie:Like Larsson was doing with MAn Utd.
2* When Approaching A Club For A Loan You Should Be Able To Indicate The Role The Player Has In Your Club.
3*The Option To Do Loan Swaps With Clubs ie:Baptista/Reyes.

dean66683
15-05-2007, 03:56
no restriction in editor. if i want 2 give my club 1billion, let me. the point of editor is 2 allow you 2 edit. if in my opion my club has 1billion or i wanna spice up the game n cheat why not? also make more clubs in my league want 2 loan my player. i have top top quality players who are available for loan but rarely will prem club offer 2 loan.

zeusbheld
15-05-2007, 04:04
Originally posted by davidbowie:
1* "Long Shot" option is NOT influenced by "Creative Freedom".

2* Having more direct control over upgrades. Maybe a screen with the wage budget/transfer cash, but you can say "if I reduce x wage budget or $x transfer money, I can add xxxx seats and heating, or even a (save money for new stadium) option".

3* Better media interaction.

4* Able to sell your own players easier. Hell, the entire game needs to sell players, instead of everyone buying free transfers.

5* More options when selling players, information on what you would need to "offer as sale price" to specific clubs.

6* Able to tell players to "boot the ball out instead of backpassing". Also not influenced by creative freedom.

these are pretty good.

i don't think players need to be easier to sell really, though. i don't think it's that implausible that nobody will pay for crap players. if nobody wants 'em i just give 'em away. sometimes i can't even get a friendly or sell-on for 'em. failing that, if they're paid little enough i just fire 'em.

not sure what specifically you mean by "better media interaction" but i'd agree there's plenty of room for improvement.

i also like BenArsenal's idea re: friendlies, and emgergo makes a good point about stadium requirements. love 'em or hate 'em the really do exist in football at the moment.

Djalminha
15-05-2007, 04:12
1* I don't know if its possible but I would also love to see the J-League back.

2* More unprofesional actions other than just missing a training session.ie:Players fighting,interviews,disrespecting fans.

3* I'm not sure if its just me but my youths get injured a hell of a lot.

4* As specified in the famous internationals section on a nation there should be the most hopeful youths in that nation.So if signed there will be some press.I personally love it when I sign a virtually unkonown and my fans say how happy they are.

5* Teams to always have a way to get players their match fitness back if they don't have a reserve fixture list.

6* Young players to not be so negative when learning from good international expierienced teamates.

7*Build a relationship with another manager and having the option to choose a them as a feeder team,instead of leving it to your board.Being able to suggest a feeder club.

15-05-2007, 06:54
Hi, first post so go easy!

I'd like:

1) An option whereby you can readjust wage budget/transfer budget midseason. For instance I've had many occasions where I've had a decent transfer kitty but when it comes to offering contracts I can offer peanuts because I'm so over the wage budget. But then, perhaps this isn't such a realistic option...

2) When picking teams, an option to show just Match Fit players. I'm not sure how much difference match fitness actually makes to the game but oh well http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

3) Being able to suggest why you'd like a feeder club (i.e. for loan or for profit), and also an improvement in the standard of said feeder clubs - I don't want to link my Premiership club with a semi-pro club in the 3rd division in Sweden!

That's about all I can think of for now!

zeusbheld
15-05-2007, 10:29
Originally posted by assassin91:
Hi, first post so go easy!

I'd like:

1) An option whereby you can readjust wage budget/transfer budget midseason. For instance I've had many occasions where I've had a decent transfer kitty but when it comes to offering contracts I can offer peanuts because I'm so over the wage budget. But then, perhaps this isn't such a realistic option...

YES! i think in real life a team would be willing to offer a little (or even a lot) more money to keep their star player. i would like to be able to go to the board and ask for more wage money for ONE player, by name.

riothegreat
15-05-2007, 12:36
It would be nice to be able to view player attributes for long throws from the Tactics screen, just like you can view how good players are at penalties, corners, and free kicks.

It would save a lot of hassle from having to flip back and forth between the Tactics and Squad screens when designating throw-in takers.

Evon
15-05-2007, 13:43
You can. Just go to view, attributes and then pick long throws. It goes something like that anyway. You can do this both in match and any other time.

riothegreat
15-05-2007, 14:53
Originally posted by Evon:
You can. Just go to view, attributes and then pick long throws. It goes something like that anyway. You can do this both in match and any other time.

I just have listings for free kicks, corners, penalties, and influence under View-->Attributes.

My suggestion is to include long throws under View-->Attributes as well.

mattyb153
18-05-2007, 10:20
Yay he's already on a yellow card! Bye bye

sniell
18-05-2007, 10:50
Originally posted by carpet20:
I going to kill my self bye http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Before that your gonna get a wee red card.

jdc747
19-05-2007, 13:09
I would quite like to see a feature where you could buy Brazilian under 18s in advance like what Man United did with the twins - Rafael and Fabio. This would be quite a nice little feature I think.

somucheffort
20-05-2007, 02:43
Id like to see when you are a international manager club managers recommending there players. They could do this privately but if you reject they go to the media and depending on the player the fans could start demanding they are in the next squad.

When you are a club manager it would be nice to have an option to recommend a player to an international player.

Id also like to see the transfer market become easier to get rid of players. There was a case where i offered a plyer out eventually on a free but other clubs said no. So i ended up realsing him only for real madrid to offer similar wages and sign him on a free.

sthptngomad76
21-05-2007, 06:56
Denying promotion would be pointless of course in FM. (and it's stupid IRL too).

It used to happen in CM01/02 if you were a conference team and didnt have a good enough stadium to be promoted to div 3

vigi
21-05-2007, 15:16
1. Really like that idea of having the option to be an Assistant Manager, could be asked on decisions like out of the two players who should play? If you choose a player and he plays well then maybe this could be how you build your reputation at first, or if you make a player happy at the club following a bust up or poor form.

2. Also the referee table should be shown in the match screen, otherwise you have to go back and forth to see if the ref favours home, away give pens or lots of red cards etc.

3. Favoured personel for managers should be there and could be picked throughout the game by yourself. Staff or Players.

4. Having a choice at the start of working your way up and earning coaching badges, which would be required to manager higher up. Like the Uefa badge need to manager a team in european comp. Could start as Assistant for league two side and work way up to being able to apply for managerial posts. Obviously could be complicated but this could just be a option that you choose to tick or not at the start like the start unemployed tick-box.

5. Interviews, like aims for the club when taking over, or at the start of each year. When you leave a club, they should ask why, and your future plans. E.g Time out of the game, international management or another club wants you.

6. The Plans for the future and general happiness should be able to be used so we could set our happiness at the club or plans for the future.

Felix Hallwass
21-05-2007, 22:41
Very cosmetic but I would like to see kits change.
I realise this could throw up problems but it would be cool to see them change.

It would also be cool to have some say on the matter i.e. you are presented with several options and get to make a recommendation. I realise irl managers don't have a say with kits but it would be sweet.

Rob123
21-05-2007, 23:12
I quite agree with Monsterhyde2 about this,

As a "newbie" we need help to get thrashed & a lot more patience from people who have been playing the game for years.

Perhaps a specific thread from newbies could be set up so that we can get helpful tips from people who want to help us & those that want to moan can ignore us

zeusbheld
22-05-2007, 10:06
Originally posted by Rob123:
I quite agree with Monsterhyde2 about this,

As a "newbie" we need help to get thrashed & a lot more patience from people who have been playing the game for years.

Perhaps a specific thread from newbies could be set up so that we can get helpful tips from people who want to help us & those that want to moan can ignore us

more website than game related, but i think SI would benefit from a 'newbies' forum.

riothegreat
22-05-2007, 15:09
The ability to do filtered searches for players by current wage and reputation would help.

Also, increased ability to view player stats in general from the Tactics screen.

Azeryk
22-05-2007, 15:42
A better ability to edit the game, failing that make it possible to have a proper league system had up of International teams where you can't have transfers due to nationalities so have to rely on brining up better youths to improve.

Croguy
22-05-2007, 21:14
How about a couple more stats from the game. In the A League, they use a stat called Balls in Penalty Box which I think is a very good stat to get more of an idea of how your team is attacking.
And also, how about an individual stat to see how many kilometers each player runs in a game. That would really see how much work rate a player does.

riothegreat
23-05-2007, 02:21
Originally posted by riothegreat:
The ability to do filtered searches for players by current wage and reputation would help.

Also, increased ability to view player stats in general from the Tactics screen.

Re: searching by current wage, it may also be helpful to allow "sorting" by current wage when on the general player search screen. Future wage demands are generally similar to current wage demands for most mature players, so this sorting/filtering can help a manager determine more easily which potential signings will (a) fit under his projected wage bill and (b) will satisfy the per-player salary constraints imposed by the board.

Also, it would be very nice if we can temporarily assign players to alternate training schedules other than "Rest." e.g., we may have a standard "Striker" training that we assign our forwards to, but after a particularly intense game, we may want to assign a player to "Light Striker" training for 2-3 days. That way, the player gets the benefit of a less-intense workout session, but his stats will not drop as much as if he were simply assigned to rest for a few days.

Rob123
23-05-2007, 05:34
How about a lower position within the framework of the team

IE Like Ass Man who can then either take control of Reserve Teams or Youth Teams especially for Newbies to work their way up the Managerial Ladder

worthy11
24-05-2007, 07:53
I think that for fm08 their should be the following:
1) Possibility of employin General Managers at clubs to run the fianancial side of the club so you can focus more on the playing side (lyk hat Sammy Lee wants to do at Bolton)
2)In modern day football agents are a lot involved in transfers in fm08 how about the possibility of includin agents in the game some way or another ?
3) on the game you are informed you are on a wage eg: at newcastle im on £25,000 a week but were does this money go ? couldnt their be a managers bank acount and then you the player could do stuff with this money eg: invest into the club or even consider buyin a club yourself and running it as chairman ?
4) Ino i just said it above and the game is Football manager but what about the possibility of not bein a manager on the game and being a chairman aswell ?

ne way just afew thoughs their that i think would be good

Acidblade
24-05-2007, 08:42
Possibility of employin General Managers at clubs to run the fianancial side of the club so you can focus more on the playing side (lyk This more like a Director of Football in case of like Arsenal had with David Dein and Tottenham have with Commiell and Chelsea have with Peter Kenyon. As there reposinable for sorting tranfers out and getting the price they want play for.

Acidblade
24-05-2007, 08:44
I would like see the incluse of Contracts neoigations in place for International Managerment. At moment you get offered the job and accept or turn down. Should be more like real life and club version. They should offer you wage, Signing on Fee, Length of Contract, then Bonus money for Winning one of big cups.

alexw
24-05-2007, 09:22
Originally posted by Djalminha:
1* I don't know if its possible but I would also love to see the J-League back.

2* More unprofesional actions other than just missing a training session.ie:Players fighting,interviews,disrespecting fans.

3* I'm not sure if its just me but my youths get injured a hell of a lot.

4* As specified in the famous internationals section on a nation there should be the most hopeful youths in that nation.So if signed there will be some press.I personally love it when I sign a virtually unkonown and my fans say how happy they are.

5* Teams to always have a way to get players their match fitness back if they don't have a reserve fixture list.

6* Young players to not be so negative when learning from good international expierienced teamates.

7*Build a relationship with another manager and having the option to choose a them as a feeder team,instead of leving it to your board.Being able to suggest a feeder club.

yes to number 7!!

i have a few.

1) a minimal one which has been suggested, stop the ball sticking to the back of the net (not a huge problem, but annoying all the same especially after the comment "he loves to power them in"

2) when you put a player in reserves until match fitness returns, make sure they actually return!! too many times, theyve rotted in reserves for a month or two after a minor injury that should only require a week or two

alexw
24-05-2007, 09:25
when a player gets sent off - stop comments like "he's having to be dragged away by his team mates" when there isnt another player within 10 yards of him

alibabastyle2007
24-05-2007, 09:54
Originally posted by Herter:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MEOW192005:
1.Champions League ( Music Should Play when there standing in a line.)

2.Champions League ( players Should Enter Ground then go past each other shaking hands.)

3.National Football ( Should be the same as above, but National Anthems Instead.)

4.When Club Wins Trophy ( Possibly big pic of trophy fireworks going off behind, and your teams name on the trophy.

Thats All I can come up with for now,Game really good!

If there is a god then those suggestions WILL NEVER be a reality in FM... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
this idea is alright. comeon people. u cant reject every idea that people make just because it is a bit of management even though its called football manager

Man utd_FreaK
24-05-2007, 11:06
what do you think if FM wou;ld be released erlier ??? maybe september or august ???

another think i would love to see more set piece options and maybe deisigning a new stadium or somthing like that

Ackter
24-05-2007, 11:40
Originally posted by alibabastyle2007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Herter:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MEOW192005:

2.Champions League ( players Should Enter Ground then go past each other shaking hands.)

3.National Football ( Should be the same as above, but National Anthems Instead.)

4.When Club Wins Trophy ( Possibly big pic of trophy fireworks going off behind, and your teams name on the trophy.

If there is a god then those suggestions WILL NEVER be a reality in FM... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
this idea is alright. comeon people. u cant reject every idea that people make just because it is a bit of management even though its called football manager </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Herter:

this idea is alright. comeon people. u cant reject every idea that people make just because it is a bit of management even though its called football manager </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Name me one person who wouldn't skip every single on of these after watching them a few times?

Personally I'd skip them after the first time without fail.

If you want to hear national anthems and competition themes, buy a CD and play them yourself.

If you want a trophy celebration then here (http://home.i-cable.com/stephenchiu1/photo/The_cup.jpg).

Why on earth would you want to watch two rows of blobs walk past each other at the beginning of a match?

Ackter
24-05-2007, 11:40
well that was weird.

Ackter
24-05-2007, 11:42
Originally posted by Man utd_FreaK:
what do you think if FM wou;ld be released erlier ??? maybe september or august ???

It can't be released earlier.

It needs to wait for the summer transfers to be completed so it can be up to date, and that's Septemeber already. Then it has to collate all that information, implement it and test it. Once everything is seen to be ok they have to send the game off to manufacture, which isn't quick.

October is pretty much the earliest you can expect an up-to-date football management game.

alexw
24-05-2007, 12:17
what the hell was that picture about?

25-05-2007, 03:15
just a couple of things that i'd like to see added to FM08, would be.

- On the manager stats screen it says league and cup wins, i think this should go into more detail, such as how many promotions and relegations you have had in you career this would be a great small addition.

- On the match day with attendance of the game there should be a figure for away attendance as well, and maybe have a average attendance league in the league stats. On the club info screen, the clubs capcity, should also inclube away capcity.

The Floating Eye of Death
25-05-2007, 03:25
Sorry, I haven't the time to read 19 pages but, forgive me if this has been suggested already, more feedback on games would be useful, both during and after.

During the game it would be helpful if you could find out not only what formation the opposition is playing but also the style of play. This need not always be accurate, mistakes could be factored in depending on the stats of the assistant manager. Information along the lines of:

The opposition are closing down very vigourously today, or

The opposition are playing a high defensive line, or

The opposition are playing a very direct style.

I don't think the 2D graphics really convey this information sufficiently, although it is something that a manager would be able to tell watching a game.This way you would be able to counter the opposition's tactics more rationally. You would also be able to pick up tips from successful computer opponents by analysing more closely how they play. Surely this is something which real managers do.

The Floating Eye of Death
25-05-2007, 04:18
Perhaps more interaction with the Board. Like telling them that signing a mediocre 29 year old midfielder for £18M is not the best piece of business ever. Particularly when I already have at least six players at the club younger and better in his position.

I quite fancied lambasting the chairman in the papers but had to make do with transfer listing the player and dumping him in the reserves.

Laxly
25-05-2007, 09:49
Specific training

I'm not the biggest fan of the new training SI implemented, that's not to say it should be removed, more that I think it's too vague.

How about being able to tell a player to improve a certain area of his game?

At the moment I have no decent free kick specialists, the best I have is poor to say the least, yet unless I buy a player to fill that role I'm stuck.

Why can't I say for example, I want you too...

Work on your free kicks
Do extra speed training
Practice penalties

etc etc.

I know that I *could* set up a whole new training schedule for him, but that's no guarantee that he'll work on those specific areas.

Laxly
25-05-2007, 09:56
Loaning club feedback

At the moment, we don't hear anything from a club that is loaning our players, either during or after the loan, would it be a bad idea to make it so they did?

If we send a player on a season long loan, a once a month review would be nice. Something along the lines of...

Player X has been brilliant for us this month, if he keeps improving like he his, he's a star for the future

Player X has had a poor season, his performances have dropped and he's not playing as well as we'd like or as good as he can be

Player X has been injured this month, he is recovering well with our physio's

Or end of season review...

Player X was an integral player for us, his performances have helped to qualify for Europe. We really think that his performances at this level means that he you should consider him for your 1st team next season

Player X had a poor season, although he's young, we don't see him featuring for a club of your stature in the future

Loan player attributes

Can we have it so we can see how our players are improving whilst on loan? The little red and green arrows would be great. If you want, only implement it if we have scout reports active, as they're being watched every game, so the scout should be able to see how they're improving.

theboss332
25-05-2007, 10:20
I would like to see:

1) innapropriate chairman interference, ok when a chairman steps in to sign a world class player thats fine, or when he sells for a ridiculous over price on a player.

But in my game ive had chairman accepting measley 20m for top class players, despite finances being very healthy,eg arsenal over 300m in bank but accepts tottenhams offer for 20m despite him being a young english prospect.

2) There should be a award section on players achievement cleary showing medals won by player, maybe represented by picture

Konquest
25-05-2007, 11:06
Originally posted by vigi:
1. Really like that idea of having the option to be an Assistant Manager, could be asked on decisions like out of the two players who should play? If you choose a player and he plays well then maybe this could be how you build your reputation at first, or if you make a player happy at the club following a bust up or poor form.

I'd like to be able to do the exact opposite:

Be able to worry only about transfers, tactics and all, but be able to leave the games to the ass man. right now, one can go on holiday, but it's a bit cumbersome.

frediculous_biggs
25-05-2007, 11:18
Proper Team numbers for Friendlies/Internationals.

I'm fed up with having one of the midfielders being number 9!

Make it
1;
2,5,6,3;
7,8,4,11;

Rather than
1;
2,4,5,3;
7,9,6,8;
10,11;

Or whatever ridiculous numbers thay take at the moment.

Or, which might be easier, just prompt for squad numbers to be decided before each friendly/international.

That would make me happy.

Stormrage
25-05-2007, 11:33
I think FM should put hidden scenarios within the game, totally random things happen about 3 or 4 seasons in.

Something similar to these real world examples..

The match fixing scandal that hit Italy

The Tevez/Mascherano affair

etc etc

Laxly
25-05-2007, 11:44
Possible rule changes

I have suggested for a while now that SI should consider putting in rule changes, well sensible rule changes.

Such as:

Increasing number of subs in England from 5 to 7.

Removal of away goal ruling.

Number of relegation/Promotion places increased/decreased

Number of foreigners regulated.

Homegrown players for the league.

All these are ideas that have been discussed in real life, if they were to be introduced by the game, they would be introduced with several years notice in some cases (such as homegrown players) and in intervals.

I think it would be good, as has been shown, some players play up until 2040 and the rules in the game stay the same, which as we know in real life doesn't happen.

barto123
25-05-2007, 19:49
I assume its been said a million times in here, but all i want is smaller save files (uncompressed, to take the load off ram).

Press conferences would be cool but arent nessesary, unlike smaller save files are in my opinion.

Darns
26-05-2007, 02:24
I assume its been said a million times in here, but all i want is smaller save files (uncompressed, to take the load off ram).

Agreed.

brianb
26-05-2007, 02:46
there is one thing i'd like to see in the game next time;

Under the move to affiliate option you should be able to pick an option which specifies for how long, eg until work permit/2nd nationality gained. It seems to me that they would then not have to waste time coming back to you in the summer, and gain the 2nd nationality quicker, and i think it would be relatively straightforward to include.

Jelle Slaets
26-05-2007, 03:01
http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5211026...202054703#6202054703 (http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/8832012703?r=6202054703#6202054703)

Tubzinho
29-05-2007, 14:02
Just an idea for the future game.

It is fairly common in real life for teams with youth academies to basically cull the players from their squad that they won't feel won't make the grade. Many use an approach where they basically tell the player to find himself another club before his contract / scholarship finishes e.g. usually February / March time. The player then has trials at other clubs to try and win a contract there and if he is successful, he is released early and he signs.

In FM 2008, I would like to have an option where you can say to a player who has 4-6 months to run on his contract basically to find himself another club. With this, the players agent then approaches clubs and basically tries to line a club up for his employee at the end of his contract, basically in bosman . This can be applied for youth teams and also first team players who do not feature in your squads.

Poyplemonkeys
29-05-2007, 14:56
Just a quick thought on the option to let the Assistant Manager's take the team talks.

I'd like the option to step in at half time of a match if we're in a crisis situation or if it's a desperately important situation that you feel the Assistant Manager can't handle.

Just at half time where you move the mouse over Reggina tactics and get 'Quick' and 'Detailed' an added on 'Take Over Teamtalk' option would be good.

barto123
29-05-2007, 18:50
Also, being able to use your money to buy into clubs.... You wouldnt be able to buy many shares in say Arsenal, and when you take board votes etc (which would have to be included also) your votes wont count for much at all, but if you spent a bit on a lower club, you could vote yourself chairman and run the club (not tactics however, that would be your manager) how you wanted, assinging transfer budgets, wage budgets, even buying players a la chelsea and shevvy. How awesome would that be?

Chilliconcarnie
30-05-2007, 02:32
what I want: shirt #13 available if you want it in friendlies. I think its a bit harsh not having the choice to use it.

Seen it mentioned but I woudl like to re-iterate: More sensible AI squad numbering, also change the tactics around so that the defaults end up with more sensible squad numbering. We all know that #7 and #11 send to be MR and ML, with #9 and #10 usually being forwards, but this is not reflected in the tactics. I have had to spend about half an hour at the start of every incarnation of FM just to tweak all the basic tactics I use to reflect this. I know its a cosmetic thing more then anything but its the little things that make the difference.

I woudl also like to see more interaction with the squad captain, maybe having a big hoo-har over who the captain is. How about when you join a club, you are asked to pick the team captain. Say you are told who the current captain is and asked if you want to keep the current one. Then if the captain leaves the club, you are then asked again. You could also make a big fuss if you decide to strip the captain of the arm band for whatever reason.

Ok im done....

Stimps2
30-05-2007, 03:06
I'm guessing this has already been mentioned many times but......I'd like to see more interaction with the Assistant Manager during the match. It'd be nice to have a half time cuppa and discuss where the team is failing before letting rip on the players for 10 minutes or so.

Also more importance put on the captain. I'd like to be able to appoint a club captain from the start of the season. He could then be used to get the players together if the team was in relegation trouble.

cruyff14
30-05-2007, 06:23
maybe being able to already speak another language/languages and not having to come from other countrys to do so

Saumyajit
30-05-2007, 06:44
Don't know if this has been mentuioned.

I would like to have a physio report on players that pick up an injury duing the game, but are not taken off automatically. It should give me some indication whether i should take him off immediately or continue

Paddus
30-05-2007, 08:00
This is probably mentioned to, but I find it ridicoulous that you can know more about scouted players than your own. For example you can get a long in-depth report on a 16 year old playing in africa, but your own english 18 year olds are only reported as decent players and such...

Paddus
30-05-2007, 08:00
This is probably mentioned too, but I find it ridicoulous that you can know more about scouted players than your own. For example you can get a long in-depth report on a 16 year old playing in africa, but your own english 18 year olds are only reported as decent players and such...

Vane
30-05-2007, 11:53
Now in correct thread. How about prospective manager interviews?

If you're applying to a club much bigger than what you've normally managed, or you have a chequered history, then the club’s board could invite you to an interview rather than rejecting you out of hand. It gives you that extra chance of managing a big club.

The club could ask you a number of questions and you would have to pick from multiple choice answers. Now different boards have different needs and expectations, so you could not be able to get away with giving the same answer every time you were asked a specific question because what’s a good answer for one club might be a poor answer for another.

So for say Derby, you might be asked “What type of players would you bring to the club, a couple of high profile superstars or a larger number of more solid Premiership players?” Now the right answer for Derby might be more solid players, whereas a bigger club with greater ambition, such as Tottenham or Newcastle might want superstars. But there again, depending on past form and who’s running the club at the time, you can’t be sure. You would of course need a very wide variety of questions and an even wider variety of answers, much more so than the current team talk comments.

Of course manager interviews would probably have to be an option otherwise people who want to manage very big clubs from the off might never get past the interview stage.

Interesting or just frustrating?

Ozzy38
01-06-2007, 00:55
I was going to comment on a manager as he's insecure in his job. But on the team screen I accidentally clicked 'Declare interest in j...' rather than 'Manager comment'.

When you apply for a job you have to click OK on the 'Are you sure?' window, I would very much like an 'Are you sure' for declaring interest as it's pretty much the same thing and now I've had to load a previous save and re-do a match. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

C. S.
01-06-2007, 01:38
- give the possibility to move all individual sliders at once for all players in the same direction (especially for individual mentalities)

- rethink the friendly games system. This is especially important for reserve teams in leagues where they don't have any games. What I want is to tell my assman the dates at which I want to arrange friendlies and he should do the rest

- when sending a player to the reserves to improve match fitness you should be able to specify priorities regarding their introduction in reserve games, e.g. player X has a priority of 1 (meaning he is to be introduced no matter what unless injured) etc.

- completely rethink the whole reranking/Ai tactical learning system. It's ridiculous that every time at around 11 January and at the end of the season everyone has found the magic solution to counter you.

Just Jack
01-06-2007, 02:19
I think that there is an unrealistic pause when a goal is disallowed. For example, its sheff u 0-0 watford. In injury time Marlon king puts the ball in the net, the team runs into the corner to celebrate but its disallowed. Sheff u get the ball and wait until watford are in posistion before they take the free kick. Surely in such circumstances the second they hear the ref's whistle they would catch watford off guard and play on

Bradford Nut
01-06-2007, 04:10
I would like to see the following things incorporated into the game:

Shirt numbers being retired after a special player retries by special player I mean a player who has won the golden Boot on numerous occasions like i saw in the records thread in other words it is given out rarely because this rarely happens in real life.

Or maybe a message saying that a clubs ground, stand, nearby street or statue has been named after a special player.

And new signings saying they would loved to achieve what x player has achieved.

shamule
01-06-2007, 04:26
when you get a scout report it comperes with your best player in that pos...
i'd like the option to choose which player you can compair with as it would make it easyer to know if they are good einough for your team.i.e better than your other stricker of sub defender.

also more interaction with chairmen with season expectations in league and cup, to help with how much tranfer budget they offer you.

captian having more interaction with you regarding player unrest ect..

what someone said before about sending player to feeder club till they have gained work permit istead of keep comong back at end of season.

more squad retation for AI managers like Liverpool manager who hardly ever picks same team. but in game almost always same team in cup and league
and me to receive free copy of game when finished lol only joking...

Walbertonio
01-06-2007, 04:59
Support for Goalscoring Goalkeepers!

Ability to track goals / assists like regular players, in terms of on the season tab next to the apps, average rating etc - but also on the history tab.

The ability to have a defender who could stand in the goal mouth and cover for your keeper taking the free kick. Obviously the player will stand a pretty good chance of getting his body in front of the ball and cut down on the 75 yarder goals! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

olusinho
01-06-2007, 07:55
what do u think of the idea....lets say your sacked or you quit from ur last team.....and u get offered to take over club till end of season or 3-4 games till club get new mamnager...and lets say u win all the games u get the job?
pretty much being a caretaker manager

GMcW
01-06-2007, 08:05
Yeah that would be interesting. I think its a better idea than being a reserve coach.

olusinho
01-06-2007, 08:07
http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

GMcW
01-06-2007, 08:09
Also, it'd be interesting if we got slightly less-relevant news bulletins. e.g. From time to time a famous club legend from the past could die perhaps. Maybe you could release a statement expressing your best wishes to the family and that would improve your fan support. Or you could organise a memorial match.

GMcW
01-06-2007, 09:28
Sorry.....don't know how to edit my previous posts. This will probably never happen, but it would be interesting if you could do things, which could result in punishment by the Premier League. Think Tevez, or fielding an ineligible player. Of course, the ineligible player bit would be fine for Conference but it is unlikely to go unnoticed in Premier League.

Ulisses
01-06-2007, 12:09
I would like Strikers to be able to score 1-on-1's.
And a scouting module that doesn't completely take the fun out of the game.

alibabastyle2007
01-06-2007, 15:18
clubs should accept offers for players for around their original value and we should not have to pay two or three or even four times what a player is worth to sign him

alibabastyle2007
01-06-2007, 15:20
Originally posted by Ulisses:
i totally agree. RVD a world class finisher for me on my save has around 8 1-on-1's and only scores 1. he should score at last half of them

Filip
01-06-2007, 15:36
I want to sell my players a little bit easier, not to be forced to release half of them because I have 200-300 players. Even when they are on TL for free not even a weak, low division team doesn't want them. It's so unreal. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon13.gif

Quinten
02-06-2007, 00:04
A better transfer in/out system would be nice.

*When you qualify for Europe , it should be easier to attract players. Especially the better players from weaker clubs. They should put more pressure on their club to sell them , because they would like to join your club who plays in Europe. Especially the Champions League should have a big appeal.

Ollyh
02-06-2007, 05:58
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ulisses:
i totally agree. RVD a world class finisher for me on my save has around 8 1-on-1's and only scores 1. he should score at last half of them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree as well, also when the player is through and instead of running straight for the goal, he runs out wide and away from the goal and ends up crossing it or losing the ball completely! It is nice when sometimes the player does score in these situations though but this seems way too rare.

wakko jakko
02-06-2007, 06:03
Improved International Management

Every single year people cry out for this, but I think SIGames are struggling to see how they can improve this feature. To a degree I can see why, but there are areas that can be improved. Take a look at this article to see some suggestions, including a few of my own.

In game team talks

We’ve had pre, half time and post match team talks: so what about in-game team talks? We’ve all seen managers shouting orders from the touchline, but we are ristricted to altering the style and formation of the team. How about a few more personal comments during the match? A quick press of the tactics button, and you could choose to give Lampard praise for his goal, or warn Traore to get more focussed after a bad tackle. Player instructions could also be combined with these, so rather than selecting a player’s mentality, you could tell him what to do.

Perhaps the following options could be made available:-

Instruction for Steven Gerrard:-
- Keep it up!
- Push forward!
- Pull back
- Show your displeasure in his performance
- Tell him he needs to improve
- Warn him to cool down
- Etc etc

Two leg competition problem fixed

You might not have noticed it, or, like me, you scream whenever this happens. After winning the first leg of that all important game, you go into the second leg on a high. Yet by half time, you are losing, and find yourself just one goal ahead on aggregate when you really should be way out in the lead. So what can you say to the players at half time? Get your arse in gear, lads? Nope - you can say something along the lines of ‘Great performance!’. You see, the game thinks that you are winning 2-1, which you are on aggregate, but on the day you are behind. I like to win every game - who doesn’t - yet I’m giving the impression that a 1-0 deficit is great!

Fantasy Mode

Most of the big improvements have been made now, let’s be honest. We have match team talks, 2d engines, scouting systems, affliations and more. So how about a few fun improvements? Perhaps when loading a new game you can select from a choice of missions or fantasy leagues, pre-made by SIGames and already available to play from launch? Imagine a 1989 league, with the correct teams and players? Perhaps the choice to create your own dream leagues from the game itself, without having to mess about moving teams in the editor? Simply choosing twenty teams, and playing the league. Something similar to this has been included on the XBox 360 version’s multiplayer mode, and this would be a great addition too for multiplaying and single games on the PC too.

Improved Media Interaction

Every year this aspect of the game improves and expands, but many feel that the current system of interaction just isn’t enough. I played a game with a Championship side, and before every single match I was asked by the media for my thought before kick off. Every single time I was limited to the same five comments, and nearly always gave the same response (something along the lines of, ‘Team X are good, but if we play well we can beat them.’. How about much more choices of quotes? Big game build up? I’ve had times when I’ve been a big Premiership side taking on a non-league club in the F.A Cup, yet while the game would have been covered to death in real life, again only one question is asked of me before kick off.

Improved Transfer Window

This could be part of the above suggestion, but I do feel it warrants a paragraph of its own. We are now into the late end of January and every few days we have seen some quite large transfers, many rumours, and nervous biting of fingers from those clubs desperate to hang on to their talent. Yet come January in Football Manager world, all we tend to receive are the run of the mill transfer rumours, and a cursory round up (i.e two clubs mentioned) at the end of the month.

Hows about developing this further? Imagine it’s December 31st, you’ve just lost your tenth game in a row, and this message appears:-

With the January transfer window about to open, you have been asked by a newspaper to comment on whether the club will be signing anyone.

Response:
- We have a few deals already lined up
- I’m looking into signing some new players
- We could do with some new players, but we have no-one in particular
- We don’t need to strengthen
- We have no money to sign players

Each response could generate different effects: telling people you have some deals lined up yet not signing anyone could lead to the fans feeling angry and no longer trusting you; saying you don’t need to strengthen could make your current players happier but if you’re struggling, the fans may expect some fresh faces; saying you’ve no money could be an alternative way of asking the board to release some January funds.

More general rumour reports from the press would also be welcomed. Something along the lines of:

January 3rd: Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is believed to be interested in signing Manchester United’s Wes Brown. Chelsea’s defence has been poor this season, conceding 31 goals in 15 games, and it is believed that Mourinho sees Brown as the ideal signing.
January 4th: Manchester United’s Wes Brown has urged Chelsea to make a bid for him after he turned down a new contract offered by United.
January 5th: Liverpool have entered the race to sign Manchester United’s Wes Brown, etc, etc
January 30th: Chelsea’s attempts to sign Wes Brown could fail, according to sources at the club. With only two days until the transfer window closes, Chelsea are believed to be frustrated with the way talks between the club and Brown’s agent are going.

Such an inclusion would certainly add more spice to the game and a little more interest in the big signings too, in my opinion.

Although i didn't write this, I strongly agree with everything it says.

LFC Lloydy
02-06-2007, 06:12
Originally posted by wakko jakko:

Fantasy Mode

Most of the big improvements have been made now, let’s be honest. We have match team talks, 2d engines, scouting systems, affliations and more. So how about a few fun improvements? Perhaps when loading a new game you can select from a choice of missions or fantasy leagues, pre-made by SIGames and already available to play from launch? Imagine a 1989 league, with the correct teams and players? Perhaps the choice to create your own dream leagues from the game itself, without having to mess about moving teams in the editor? Simply choosing twenty teams, and playing the league. Something similar to this has been included on the XBox 360 version’s multiplayer mode, and this would be a great addition too for multiplaying and single games on the PC too.

Things like the 1989 league would be hard to do properly and very time consuming, they would have to get accurate data for every team and player. It really wouldn't be worth it for SI to do.

Darns
02-06-2007, 06:28
quote:
Originally posted by wakko jakko:

Fantasy Mode

Things like the 1989 league would be hard to do properly and very time consuming, they would have to get accurate data for every team and player. It really wouldn't be worth it for SI to do.

Not to mention the memory.

Escolhido
02-06-2007, 06:38
Originally posted by LFC Lloydy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wakko jakko:

Fantasy Mode

Things like the 1989 league would be hard to do properly and very time consuming, they would have to get accurate data for every team and player. It really wouldn't be worth it for SI to do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1989 would be too hard I agree, but they can do just about any year they've got data for already. They can make an awful lot of the youth teams simply from data extraction from future FM's cross referencing with any extra data they can get from other people.

Remember, every year the data would be improved from past years as more people reveal accurate information about the previous players. The databases can and will improve, all it requires is the initial attempt. The same way as the actual database grew, once people are given the chance they'll add to it.

GMcW
02-06-2007, 08:01
Would it be possible if Future Games were to have some option of loading old games? Obviously you'd have prblems with new features but you could always set them to default.

i.e. If Fm2007 could Fm2006 games, it would add the default feeder clubs for your club.

Octavianus[GER]
03-06-2007, 08:30
Ahh after long search I found it, finally http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I'm from Germany and I'm writing for our community (http://www.meistertrainerforum.de) into this forum, hoping that anyone will find our suggestions remarkable. Here (http://www.meistertrainerforum.de/smf/index.php/topic,8702.0.html) you'll find our collected wishes in German and in English. I'll post only the english translation here, hoping anyone can understand me http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

we need a german language file!
a heavily improved research of database here in the germanspeaking area (germany, austria, switzerland)
youth players and their development should get more sophisticated / advanced
youth players out of the under 20 squads who make it to the first team should get faster increasing attributes
more and advanced prematch/halftime/aftermatch speechs
possibility to create a totally new database / new liguesystems with the editor
general improvement of the editor
matches should run even slower, too many equal scenes during matches, more variety of scenes
training camps
more and improved interaction with players, staff and media
more fluctuations of player attributes under a season especially players above 24
not too perfect scouting reports to leave the game a little diffcult
more emotions e.g. great players retire and nothing appears? no big news? also there are no matches to celebrate those retiring players
possibility for players to learn some freekick variations
players on transfer market should get more offers from other clubs
preregistering of possible replacements of players during the next match
matchsounds should be even more adapted to events down on the pitch
overview for squad of the next season (with future transfers, retirements etc)
co-trainer should get some makros for strategies of replacing players during matches to leave these descisions to the co-trainer
improvement of the transfer-ai
possibility to send scouts out watching your own team or improvement of the statements to your players from your staff
when you're a farm team, you should claim a clause, that your loan player plays a minimum of matches
more and sophisticated media reports and match reports in the news
once again more speed, e.g. actually its really slow after tactical changes during matches
training should be more detailed, for example there should be different training programs for different weekdays
what about women in soccer? implementation of women footballleagues and women nationalteams
improvement of financial policy, more possibilities in here
*sensible soccer figures* for matches
something like a *scenario mode*, e.g. you take over a team and it says: you'll be fired if you can't prevent this team from relegation within 7 matches
more interaction with the president and the directors about transfer money etc. e.g. the president gives you 10 mio € more but claims the qualification for the championsleague

We hope that you agree to most of these hints and we also hope that you can fix the problems with the licences here in german-speaking area as soon as possible. There are a lot of german-speaking FMplayers outside and their main wish is a german language file. http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

greets from Germany
Octavianus

alibabastyle2007
03-06-2007, 10:50
the editor takes too too long to load up. please do something about that. it takes the ****

matthiele
03-06-2007, 21:05
probably already been said but improved manager interaction would be good. maybe the ability to start up public feuds? and maybe start up new and more intense rivalry between clubs. look at the crazy stuff moronho comes out with. surely this can be incorperated into the game.

DennisIran
03-06-2007, 22:46
I like to see Iran Pro League as a league you can choose http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PluckaDuck
04-06-2007, 01:33
it would be good to be a to take your teams on training camps all over the world but have a certain number of players that can go and have to select a squad

frank_olaf
04-06-2007, 02:43
I would like to see a financial editor in the game. I know that you can already change a clubs finances but i was thinking more on the lines of prize money editors. This would be especially helpful for people who create super leagues, who deactivate the champions league, which is a huge lose of potential revenue. With a financial editor you could add more prize money to the FA cup to compensate for the lose of champions league money.

scotty8612
04-06-2007, 03:00
Definately training camps, especially in pre season and also team bonding trips

tom69er
04-06-2007, 03:17
Instead of choosing your freekick and corner taker and who runs over the ball or goes short or long i was thinking if they could create a differnt way of creating set pieces where you get a screen like the positons one and you draw lines for for where they pass the ball and shoot and where the fake runs go.
Sorry i couldnt explain it better

EggBandit
04-06-2007, 03:19
- Interaction wih FIFA governing body?
- Making bids for hosting world/european cups?
- Tactics overhaul - too dependent on tactics
- Team Talks were misleading and too general.
- Private lives of players/managers could sometimes come into the fold. E.g. former Partick manager had a lot of pigeons. Could add to eccentricity of managers, or proffessionalism (e.g. goes to bed early/dont drink), or you could appear one of the lads and join the players for drinks. At the very least it would be fun.

Maybe managers could submit a background? So, you can be a former player for a lower league team, a big star, or a backroom nobody before being a manager - all need to have disadvantages/advantages.

EggBandit
04-06-2007, 03:20
Another idea - is managers can endorse public campaigns/youth programmes/etc??? Maybe you can force players to endorse not endorse campaigns?

killswitch
04-06-2007, 09:37
More focus on youth tournaments eg U17 WC
Training camps, team bonding, club events etc
Youth camps/academies in different countries
More eccentric manager comments, like Ian Holloway
Interaction with the FA/UEFA/FIFA etc

Laxly
04-06-2007, 12:17
Club rules

How about being able to set rules for players? I know that Mourinho does it at Chelsea, so perhaps we could have one.

Rules such as...

Automatic fine for a suspension due to totting up of yellow cards.

Automatic fine for red cards.

Automatic fine for missing training.

Etc etc. This could mean that players could reject working with us as managers as they perceive us being too strict or too relaxed with players and they feel they wouldn't want to work in that environment.

Laxly
04-06-2007, 12:24
More contract options

This is an area I'd love to see improved, at the moment it's very poor and needs a lot of work.

Just a few ideas of the top of my head, if SI like this then perhaps more ideas could be discussed.

Extension options - Sign a player on a 3yr (or however long) contract with the option to retain him for longer or being able to release him. Means we can release players without having to pay them off if we don't take up the option plus it means we may not lose players on Bosman's as we can retain them.

Injury wages - When Woodgate signed for Newcastle, part of his contract was that if he was injured he didn't get paid, this could be very useful with players who have a history of injuries and are desperate to get a contract with a decent team.

04-06-2007, 13:47
Just two ideas popped up lately.

1. Considering the Youth and the players who are generated into your u19-squad. Maybe it would be nice to sent scouts across the world during the season to search for youth players, then at the start of a new season you get a list with scouted youngsters and you have to select 5 of them. Each scouted youngster will have a short description with a posibility-percentage of succeeding at your club. the better your scouts the more accurate this percentage will be.

2. It would be great of you could already influence player whos contracts expire at the end of the season in september by declare interest. So that when u declare interest in a player in september 2007, who will be out of contract in june 2008, he won't be signing a new contract for his current club.

04-06-2007, 13:49
A third idea just popped up (and I'm making a new post as I don't seem to be able to edit the previous)

It's about an extra contract option. You offer a player a contract of 2 seasons with an option for 1/2/3 more seasons. If you use this option to keep the player longer his wage will rise with 10%.

Seanybb
05-06-2007, 03:36
1.Maybe a challenge page where sigames have thought up of some challenges

2.Able to Start as both club and international manager

3.Be able to make realistic sales

Jimbokav1971
05-06-2007, 05:06
Seanybb.

Have a look here for the challenge forum which is very well supported. (http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/5402079792)

In terms of SI actually creating challenges, have a look on the Football Manager website. I'm sure they released downloadable challenge scenarios at some point. (http://www.footballmanager.net/en/article/21/index.html)

Ozzy38
05-06-2007, 05:07
More minor cups! Like the Peace Cup and the Kirin Cup. It would be nice to be playing varied teams pre-season, club and international. It could compensate for the lack of friendlies internationaly (if it isn't improved on).

shwan
05-06-2007, 06:05
well i'm taking a breack from FIFAM07, and playing FM,
and there is lots of improvementsa this year,
meanwhile, i still wish:
1- less grey players
2- formation follwoing X,Y coordination and not fix positions, imagine if i want to have 2 winger for tactical rasions, sure i can ask my CM to go thier often, but it not the same. or ask rooeny to play not as AM or ST, but as a player in between them. all toher games like FIFAM and CM07 are using that, and they do becasue it is more precise.
3- database editable for countries without a league. as imagine i life in england and buy the game and like to play with my orginal country league, but simply they don't have any, i can't creat or even swap the nations to have thier league. other games allow u to do that, and i think FM should have that possibility too.
4- ability to brwose through my short list as my team list, which allow me to go from a player to another by pressing the arrow, instead of me quitting the page each time and then choose a player and do that over and over.
good work and
good luck

Jimbokav1971
05-06-2007, 06:07
Originally posted by Ozzy38:
More minor cups! Like the Peace Cup and the Kirin Cup. It would be nice to be playing varied teams pre-season, club and international. It could compensate for the lack of friendlies internationaly (if it isn't improved on).

MORE CUP COMPETITIONS http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif!

Are you having a giggle?

As it is I am competing in 12 competitions this year. I need another cup like I need a dose of buebonic plague http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif.

Ozzy38
05-06-2007, 06:13
12? Outside of Europe Cup, 2 domestic cups, league and international qualifiers, the rest are one-offs. The cups I'm talking about happen pre-season or are good for run-outs.

Besides, not all of us are super-successful enough to have the fun of taking part in competitions with foreign clubs/rare nations.

Jimbokav1971
05-06-2007, 07:30
1. N.Ireland Premiership.
2. Champions League, (for a couple of weeks anyway).
3. UEFA Cup, (when I get knocked out of the Champions League).
4. N.Irish League Cup.
5. Antrim Cup.
6. N.Irish Cup.
7. All Ireland Cup.
8. Reserve League.
9. Antrim Trophy.
10. Intermediate Cup.
11. U18's League.
12. U18's Cup.

None of the above are one-offs.

Ozzy38
05-06-2007, 08:04
Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:
2. Champions League, (for a couple of weeks anyway).
3. UEFA Cup, (when I get knocked out of the Champions League).

Well that's one really.

8. Reserve League

You can't count that.

9. Antrim Trophy.

Looked it up and only found Hockey. Unless you mean the Antrim cup again.

11. U18's League.
12. U18's Cup.

Why are you counting those?

And anyway, the cups I talk of are invitation ones aren't they?

Jimbokav1971
05-06-2007, 09:32
1. What do you mean the CHampions League & the UEFA Cup is really 1 competition?

2. Reserve League. Of course I can count it. It's 30 bloomin games long.

3. The Antrim Trophy isn't the Antrim Cup. It's a seperate competition.

4. Why shouldn't I count the U18's League and the U18's Cup. They are competitions that my players play in aren't they?

And anyway, the cups I talk of are invitation ones aren't they?

I've got no idea what you mean by that http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif.

Ozzy38
05-06-2007, 09:39
1. What do you mean the CHampions League & the UEFA Cup is really 1 competition?

If you qualify, you reach the KO rounds. If you get third, you reach the KO rounds of the UEFA Cup, If you get fourth, the cup ends and there's no problem.

2. Reserve League. Of course I can count it. It's 30 bloomin games long.

Do you manage the reserves to?? Bit much. O_O

The first team don't play in the reserves. You can't include cups from the first team and the reserves, as it's less congestion/strain unless you only have a complete squad of 16 or so players and no greys.

4. Why shouldn't I count the U18's League and the U18's Cup. They are competitions that my players play in aren't they?

You only have 16 players at the club adn they're all under 18?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And anyway, the cups I talk of are invitation ones aren't they?

I've got no idea what you mean by that http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm presuming they are. I doubt you'd be forced to play in little friendly competitions.

Jimbokav1971
05-06-2007, 10:26
Ozzy. Your "logic" that seems to bulk competitions together if they are played in the same continent and not played at the same time seems slightly flawed.

The other bit of "logic" whereby some competitions don't count, because I have more than 16 players, and that others don't count if all my 16 players are under 18 years of age is also slightly flawed to say the least.

Ozzy38
05-06-2007, 11:08
Well your logic that this is troublesome is very flawed as you've shown that of these '12' competitions, a few of them don't even involve the first team/A squad and, for the vast majority, require no tactical attention whatsoever (reserves, U18s etc.).

Two only count as one seeing as, even if you qualify for one or the other's KO rounds, you would be playing the same amount of matches at around the same time.

And to top it all off, from what I know, no-one's forced to participate in pre-season friendly and charitable competitions.

So your logic is exaggerated, if existant.

SlayerX
05-06-2007, 11:43
1> An option in the boardroom to give your chairman an ultimatum, "Sell X over-my-head and I'll quit!": It would definitely give you, as the manager, more of an influence on club affairs. Plus it will go a long way of ending the constant bitching with regards to interfering chairmen.

2> Less goals being scored at the 'keeper's front-post: In real life if a goalkeeper concedes a goal from his front post it's pretty much a cardinal sin.

3> Less goals: Once you press continue and the game proceeds to generate the results of the other teams in the game, the amount of goals that you see per match is just unbelievable.

Jimbokav1971
05-06-2007, 12:02
Ozzy.

1. Maybe I'm not very good at the game, but I have been unable to win the U18's Cup in this save ever. It's now 2017, (so I would suggest that some modicum of tactical attention.

And to top it all off, from what I know, no-one's forced to participate in pre-season friendly and charitable competitions.

I have stated it aleady, but I will repeat it as you seemed to miss it the first time around.

All the competitions are real tournaments and pre-coded into the game.

Why am I explaining myself to you http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif?

You want more Cup competitions. I strongly dissagree, because without adding any more, my club has already competed in 9 this season.

Ozzy38
05-06-2007, 12:34
Ozzy.

1. Maybe I'm not very good at the game, but I have been unable to win the U18's Cup in this save ever. It's now 2017, (so I would suggest that some modicum of tactical attention.

I meant the majority of people don't bother treating the U18s and reserves like A squad management.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And to top it all off, from what I know, no-one's forced to participate in pre-season friendly and charitable competitions.

I have stated it aleady, but I will repeat it as you seemed to miss it the first time around.

All the competitions are real tournaments and pre-coded into the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What does that have to do with what you quoted?

Why am I explaining myself to you http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif?

I think you need to read back and read what I wrote, slowly.

You want more Cup competitions.

Close. If you had read properly, you would see that I would like 'minor cups' and gave the Kirin and Peace cups as examples.

The Kirin cup is a friendly international tournament, which hardly bulks up the fixture list. The Peace Cup is a pre-season friendly tournament.

Both I must presume are by invitation. So there's absolutely nothing wrong with my suggestion, you wouldn't be FORCED to participate if you're invited but are managing in a place like N.Ireland, and it would be a nice change if you're a midtable club (anywhere) that doesn't get to take part in the World Club Cup or get good friendly competitions. Everybody wins.

I strongly dissagree, because without adding any more, my club has already competed in 9 this season.

Read above.

Jimbokav1971
05-06-2007, 13:04
Ozzy. I could go through everything again and again and you could simply igore what I am saying and just post garbage like you usually do.

Instead I won't bother.

You've obviously used the ARSE comman once or twice too often.

Ozzy38
05-06-2007, 13:44
WTF? I make a suggestion of adding the (likely invitational) minor cups, you rant that you're in Northen Ireland so don't want any more cups (which isn't a problem anyway), then you start insulting my logic. Then when it's explained to you yet further, you give me more attitude and rather than accepting you were mistaken, you pretend you're not going to bother replying.

Wow.

Goldbringer
05-06-2007, 14:06
Meow.

SlayerX
05-06-2007, 17:00
I have fond memories of the Kirin Cup last year. Scotland won it. We thumped Bulgaria 5:1 and we drew with Japan.

There are annual friendly tournaments, both internationally and at club level. It would be a nice addition to '08

Another one is the Ajax tournament.

Random Monkey
05-06-2007, 17:00
Setting Player Targets for the season.

Strikers to score x amount of goals, keepers / clean sheets

Ackter
05-06-2007, 19:17
Originally posted by SlayerX:

Is already in there in a rudimentary fashion. The rules are wrong and the name is wrong, but the tournament is still there.

Cirillo47
05-06-2007, 20:22
i'd love to see a better system of seeing what the fans think of you. At the moment you get a monthly board update which gives you a short little piece from supporters but that hardly ever changes and the comments have been the same for countless versions of the game. Perhaps there should be an approval meter or graph with regular news items from fans represenattives that comment on more specific issues that are occuring in the game rather than the boring comments we get when you win something.

Also, and i'm sue that this has been mentioned before the whole transfer system could do with an upgrade. In real life clubs are tapping up players all the time. I'd love to go behind my biggest rivals back and try and sign a player. It would make rivalries greater and add a little more excitement to the game. Also the thought of getting caught and being punished is appealing too.

Cactus Thee
06-06-2007, 00:52
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SlayerX:

Is already in there in a rudimentary fashion. The rules are wrong and the name is wrong, but the tournament is still there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you are right, but it would be better if the tournament was there every year. Not only at the start of the game.

madmandaniel
06-06-2007, 01:06
Originally posted by acidmonkey:
something i would like
when offerd a contract from a different club for example im liverpool and real madrid offer me the job i want a option on Sack ass man and bring current one with me
brilliant idea. you should be able to bring your whole coaching staff, and if they dont want to, they can stay. this is what happens in real life so great idea

madmandaniel
06-06-2007, 01:08
Originally posted by Random Monkey:
Setting Player Targets for the season.

Strikers to score x amount of goals, keepers / clean sheets
very nice idea. maybe should be in the contract...
if they score 20 goals, they get a hefty bonus. maybe you could do this if you had a low wage budget

madmandaniel
06-06-2007, 01:13
Originally posted by Sir_Liam:
1. I'd like better board interaction, and more consultation when they decide to sell one of your players. My current chairman sold my star midfielder for less than we paid a year earlier, and I couldn't do anything about it. I should be able to let my disgust known, or demand that every penny we make from the sale goes towards signing a replacement. In the end the same stupid chairman restricted wages on my preferred replacement and I couldn't sign him, even though I was comfortably under my wage budget.

2. On a similar theme I should be able to ask the board to let me offer a player a little bit more money in the above circumstances. All I needed was an extra £1000 a week to offer him, and even then he would have been on a lot less than the player I had just sold. And the transfer fee for the potential replacement was much lower too.

3. Similar to number 1, when I make a board request, and they turn it down, there needs to be another way apart from issuing an ultimatum of letting them know your unhappy.

4. Clubs need to recognise long-serving players/managers a lot more. I've seen Milan loan Paolo Maldini out to Newcastle in his final year. Roma always end up putting Francesco Totti on the transfer list as well. While they may be at the end of their careers, I think they'd atleast hang around as squad players at their respective clubs, rather than being humiliated on the transfer list. Your board also don't seem to respect you as much as they should, regardless of achievement.

6. I'd like to be able to move the players anywhere on the tactics screen, rather then have them on the fixed positions as they are presently. That would also, I feel, end some of the confusion around what the exact effects of mentality are with regards to player positioning.

7. Player development, particularly physically can be improved. I'd like a little more control in training over what a player could work on. For example my midfielder really needs to work on his tackling. While I can focus on more defensive training, I can't focus on just tackling, and his tackling will still move up together with his other attributes, rather than quicker, as I'm focusing on it more.

8. I like the slider training, and prefer it to the old method, but I hate the way that my defenders have to do shooting to improve their composure, and that my strikers have to do defending to improve concentration. That's frustrating for me, and others I'm sure. Being able to focus on one attribute would be nice.

9. Improved realism of feeder clubs. At the moment I can request a feeder club every few months and I always get one, leaving me with a huge list of them. I don't think clubs should be having 20+ feeder clubs, no matter how big.

10. Clubs make too much money at present, particularly through merchandise feeder clubs. This results in clubs being unrealistically rich in the future.

11. A little bit more advice from your ass man would be nice at times. At the moment He gives out no tactical advice, and I feel, providing it was implemented properly, a little more advice would be welcomed by beginners, and possibly more experienced managers.

12. I'm fed up with players turning down contracts and not giving me much of a reason why. So more details on why a player has rejected an offer would be nice.

13. The new scouting system is a big improvement, especially as you're realistically restricted in where you can go. But if you have a lot of money and can only scout in one region, you should be able to ask the board if you can send a scout further afield for a while. I'm also fed up with my scouts saying a 33-year-old has-been has the potential to be as good as my best player, when it's obvious he won't fulfil it at that age.

14. I'd love to be able to criticise other team's players in the press as a mind-game, or just because I hate them. I'd also like to be able to praise my whole team if I think they're doing well, not just individuals.

2,5,6,7 and 8 are amazing ideas omg if those were in the game im sure it would be 30000 times better. great imagination please put these in the game SI

madmandaniel
06-06-2007, 01:17
i saw someone metioning that u shud select the ticket prices. this is unrealistic as managers dont do that. however they also said something about a 3D stadium. i think that you should be able to see the advertising boards in the stadium. and sell them out to companys. also, wouldnt it be great if the pitch was at a slight angle so you could see how high the ball was in the air. because i hate when you think youre going to score, and then the ball passes straight through the net, without ever looking like it was going over. make us aware that the ball was hit high up please SI.
also, if you are 85 k under the wage budget, you should be allowed to offer 85k of wages to a player you wish to sign, provinding he is good, and the transfer window is nearing closure

adgh18
06-06-2007, 08:01
1. Being able to add another league mid game would be nice. Im playing a game with only the English league active and now I would like to play in this game with other leagues to renew my interest.

2. Making it a little easier to add a picture to your manager profile would be good too.

3. Make it a little easier to sell players. If I have a player with great stats and worth £10 million, I should be able to sell him when Im offering him to clubs for £2.5 mill.

4. It annoys me when teams like Chelsea and Arsenal buy all the big players and only play them in their reserves, seems a bit pointless. I know sometimes it happens in real life, but when they pay £30 or £40 mill on 6 players, but only 1 manages to every play, somethings wrong.

5. The computer almost always scores at least once against me as soon as they change to a 424. It doesnt really matter what club they are or what tactics I am using, they always score. Seems a little unrealistic. And I doubt every club would change to this formation towards the end of the match, as different clubs should have different ways of trying to grab a goal back

Cirillo47
06-06-2007, 18:34
Originally posted by adgh18:
1. Being able to add another league mid game would be nice. Im playing a game with only the English league active and now I would like to play in this game with other leagues to renew my interest.

2. Making it a little easier to add a picture to your manager profile would be good too.

3. Make it a little easier to sell players. If I have a player with great stats and worth £10 million, I should be able to sell him when Im offering him to clubs for £2.5 mill.

Acuually all three of these would be great.

i think that it would be hard to select a league once your game has alredy started because a deap of data would be missing from the time you've already spent playing the game.

being able to add your photo would be great too. But it's just a cosmetic thing so it's not that important.

Selling players is the hardest part ogf the game (IMO) Often i will buy a player for a lower league game and 4 or 5 seasons later i'm in a higher division and the player just doesn't cut it. Most of the time you have to release him on a free. Or you buy a player for a decent amount of money and he just doesn't fit in, you can't sell him and he ends up in your reserves making media comments about how he deserves a more important role in the club. In real life players like this would be snapped up straight away. you might not be able to get great money for them but you should be able to get rid of them.

zeusbheld
07-06-2007, 04:21
Originally posted by Chilliconcarnie:
what I want: shirt #13 available if you want it in friendlies. I think its a bit harsh not having the choice to use it.

Seen it mentioned but I woudl like to re-iterate: More sensible AI squad numbering, also change the tactics around so that the defaults end up with more sensible squad numbering. We all know that #7 and #11 send to be MR and ML, with #9 and #10 usually being forwards, but this is not reflected in the tactics. I have had to spend about half an hour at the start of every incarnation of FM just to tweak all the basic tactics I use to reflect this. I know its a cosmetic thing more then anything but its the little things that make the difference.

funny i've been thinking about that for a while now but never bothered to bring it up. glad someone did.

I woudl also like to see more interaction with the squad captain, maybe having a big hoo-har over who the captain is. How about when you join a club, you are asked to pick the team captain. Say you are told who the current captain is and asked if you want to keep the current one. Then if the captain leaves the club, you are then asked again. You could also make a big fuss if you decide to strip the captain of the arm band for whatever reason.

Ok im done....

i like the 'captain fussing' idea. i also would like to have more interaction with the captain--he brings you the team's concerns, you have talks with him and if he's on the same page he'll bring the things you suggest to the team himself without being prompted, etc.

IRL the captain is fairly prominent while 'makeshift captain, twelfth alternate' isnt. in the game the makeshift captain while your captain and two alternates are injured has almost equal weight to the 'real' captain. that ain't right.

profii
07-06-2007, 04:21
my idea:

you know how on your fixtures list you can go 'see past results'

would it be possible to go on a managers profile and go 'head to head' and see how you have fared against them in previous games (eg in my game mourinho went to AC milan so if i went 'view past results with mourinho, there would at first be some chelsea games then later some AC Milan games... and so on...)

paranoik0
07-06-2007, 06:57
Speaking of missing tournaments in FM, I want the U-20 World Cup and the Toulon Tournament! I know this one is hard because in FM the european countries only have u-21s, while the south american have u-20s, but it's about time we have it.

08-06-2007, 05:09
Some ideas:
1) One of the greatest things in FM now, is the immense freedom you have. You can choose almost any country and any team in the world to play with. So you can actually determine yourself how difficult you want it to be. But this freedom often makes it too tempting to choose immediately a top team and thereby the challenge disappears.
Now about what could be new:
- when you start a new game, you can choose between 2 different play modes: one like it is now (start with any team you want), and another, let's call it "Pro Mode"
- Now about the "Pro Mode": first time you play, you make a manager profile, and choose a team inside a limited selection (lower divisions teams). So you are forced to start on a low level.
- As you play, and achieve results, you can gain reputation points
- The more points you have earned, the quicker you can move up and manage better teams (quite logic)
- Off course, it would take a while until you have enought points to be, for example, Chelsea manager. In 2020, there probably won't be any Didier Drogba there. So I imagine it would be frustrating, when you finally arrived at the top teams, Chelsea isn't Chelsea anymore as it was in 2007. That's why you should be able to "export" your manager points and start a new game in season 2007-2008, starting from the manager points left over in you previous game (that you ended e.g. in 2015), and getting job offers according to your manager points.
2) My second idea, is an adaption to the player search function. It should be easier to compare players with each other. Now you can indicate,for example, to filter out all players with finishing < 15 and passing < 12. But I would like to see a function where you can create your own formula to calculate a player's ability for a certain position or role. So for example, if I'm looking for a striker, finishing is very important, pace is medium important and tackling not so important. Player X has stats:
finishing: 11
pace: 15
tackling: 16
In my formula "finishing x 3 + pace x 2 + tackling" , player X would earn 79 points or an average of 13/20. If this formula is automatically applied to all players you have selected, it's easy to see which player is most suitable for the position you're looking for.

So, I know my English is not perfect, but I think you can understand what I mean.

Christian Peters
08-06-2007, 06:33
I would like to have some more statistics.
Wouldn't it be nice to have some rankings like "100 players with the most goals in premier league", "100 players with the most goals for ManU/Arsenal/..." or "100 players with the most games fors XYZ"?

It would be nice to have real data at the beginning of the game. But it would be okay too (and much easier) to start at 0, so that you only see the status from the beginning of your game.

I miss this kind of information, when I'm the manager für ~ 10 years and look back...

I believe, this would be an easy but very nice feature. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

zeusbheld
08-06-2007, 12:32
the media interaction is really lame at this point.

example: a manager i just played takes a swipe at me. i have ONE option in reply---to say that i'm not going to reply????

the whole media / team talk thing is tedious exaclty because we have far too few options. from a coding point of view several options could conceivably produce the same result, but at least we'd get the chance to say what we'd want to say.

this aspect is very 'gamey' IMO.

zeusbheld
09-06-2007, 02:48
thought of something else i'd like to see:

line-item ability to make parts of an offer non-negotiable. for instance i'd like to offer up a player with negotiable price but 'arrange friendly' absolutely non-negotiable.

as it stands at present, if teams dont like the price they make a non-negotiable offer--not including friendly of course.

this grants me the favor of having to go through the tedious process of re-offering, sometimes dozens of times, just to get a stupid little friendly attached as a rider on the offer! annoying.

robin_trott_hoof
09-06-2007, 04:04
I'd like to see an overview of the pitch that marks the spot of each goal scored and each goal conceded througout the current season.

A spot for the postion of the assist maker and a different coloured spot for the scorer would help you analyse your tactical strengths and weaknesses.

chopo
09-06-2007, 04:30
Couple of things just to make life a bit easier really:

Tactical instructions sticking to players rather than or as well as positions.
Ability to reject all loan offers. It's annoying when you're trying to shift a player and you get 10 loan offers and one cash offer and you can't 'reject all'.

George Graham
09-06-2007, 06:10
My wish is for a major improvement to the match engine.

To be blunt its quite easily now the worst part of FM- whereas once it was the best.

Things like the way corners are given away by headers 30 yards from goal, or the way DCs always have to cover balls into the channels that the DR/DL already has covered are a joke.

Not to mention the ridiculous backpasses, woeful one on ones, rubbish goalkeepers, abysmal goalkeeper distribution, illogical set pieces and just the sheer amount of unforced errors we see in every game and you have an absolute mess.

Its the kind of result we expect from CM or EAs effort- and the decision to not put any match engine fixes in the 2nd patch in the face of quite obvious issues that at times ruin the sense of realism was a very poor one indeed.

rmfarey
09-06-2007, 06:23
I think it would be nice to see the leading goalscorers of all time in the premiership or other leagues. It would be a good stat to look at

chopo
09-06-2007, 06:24
I agree completely that the match engine has not progressed as well as it should have in the four or five years since it was introduced. Needs a big makeover sooner rather than later, I reckon.

Skat
09-06-2007, 08:08
I'd like to send my scouts out to search for a certain position, but at the same time to search for a player who can replace a current aging player.

For example if you are at Man U, you can tell your scouts to find a replacement for Ryan Giggs, doesnt matter where he comes from, just find someone.

This instruction can also be changed to suit what you want. Say if you want Giggs replaced now, you tell your scout to find a near if not better player. But if you think Giggs has got a few more years left, you can tell the scout to find an eventual replacement for Giggs.

This can also be used by you to find your own "Giggs" if you manage a different team. "Okay, Alex wont sell Giggs, so i want you to go and find our own"

catafan
09-06-2007, 08:12
In fm2008,

(1) I only open german bundesliga but I want to know the weekly results of english premiership, italian serie A...etc. Is that possible?

(2) During a match I only feel nervous when a second yellow card may be shown to my player, so please just make the rest card events quicker and let the match be smooth. "what is the decision going to be?" is too much and time-consuming in fm07.

(3) Controversial penalty is rediculous for a 2D match. Please do not ask me anymore.

thanks for reading

jjboro06
09-06-2007, 08:17
make the 3 england squads seperate, so you can apply to manager of the u19s , u21, and senior team.

jt1367
09-06-2007, 12:18
dont know whether it has been mentioned before but have your previous games experience i.e all the tournamewnts you have one etc.

so from the 2007 game you can use a save game and carry on the manager in the 2008 game. i know you can set your experience at a certain level in 2007 but i think this may be a better way

PhilJay
09-06-2007, 16:16
Whilst this is a massive thread, I read as much as my eyes can tollerate. I think that it would be nice to be able to apply to be U19 and U21 national manager, its something differant, but if you inderperform you can get fired, would be nice.

Also, I like the point made earlier about long standing players. Many players are crap after ages 31, but carry on plaiying till there 40 playing for Brighton. Wtg guys!

I would also love for you to start out as an assistant. Its part of management, and depending on which team you choose, your manager would dictate what you do, IE manage the first/reserve/U18 team, or advise on buying players... Whilst still retaining the ability to go straight into management.

richie1000000
10-06-2007, 09:14
This isn't some crazy idea for the game it's just what should be in the game already because it's what goes on in real life.

Users should be able to apply to be the U-21 international manager (or U-19) without having to be the senior squad manager.

I'm sure this would be welcomed by the FM community as it's both a way to find some young talents and boost your reputation as a manager.

For instance, Stuart Pearce was not appointed by Steve Maclaren as U-21 boss, nor did he become the senior manager first, he was simply appointed by the FA as manager.

For users who maybe have a similar reputation to pierce, but do not have the reputation to become England boss this would be particulary good.

Managers in real life can apply for U-21 jobs, so we should be able to aswell.

Does anybody have any reasons why this cannot happen or is this just something that should definately be added to the game?

ATW
10-06-2007, 13:17
For instance, Stuart Pearce was not appointed by Steve Maclaren as U-21 boss, nor did he become the senior manager first, he was simply appointed by the FA as manager.

While in Scotland the manager gets to choose who he wants in each level as manager.

One thing and one thing only will improve this game for me.... International Football. I would be willing to wait for everything else.

toon army 06
10-06-2007, 13:20
i would like to see the option of being a chairman and taking over a club.

Ackter
10-06-2007, 13:22
Originally posted by toon army 06:
i would like to see the option of being a chairman and taking over a club.

What would you actually do as chairman? What would the game be?

Ackter
10-06-2007, 13:22
Users should be able to apply to be the U-21 international manager (or U-19) without having to be the senior squad manager.

It's already in the game. The national manager can approach you to be U21 manager.

richie1000000
10-06-2007, 13:27
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Users should be able to apply to be the U-21 international manager (or U-19) without having to be the senior squad manager.

It's already in the game. The national manager can approach you to be U21 manager. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes but thats not how it happens in real life, the FA would approach someone for the job not the senior squad manager.

U-21 management is definately something that should be added and definately something alot of fm players would love

ATW
10-06-2007, 13:30
yes but thats not how it happens in real life, the FA would approach someone for the job not the senior squad manager.

Not always. Actually not often I would beleive. Every Scotland manager since eh, god knows when (probably when it started) has had the luxury of choosing his Under 21/20/19 and B/Futures manager.

Sir frosinone
10-06-2007, 13:48
i think the whole tapping up system should be improved you should be able to tell the player tings like they should join you cause tou are a team on the up and they would give you what you need to put you on the next level.. and other things like that..

abdulqadir
10-06-2007, 16:11
I would like there to be a screen that comes up only from about March onwards (for the Premiership season to give the example I best know) which contains the run in of the title contenders, maybe one for European contenders and one for the relegation dogfight. I would like this to incorporate the media/bookies predictions to show how they think the various races will pan out and for that to have an impact on the in-game teams.

Ter
10-06-2007, 16:27
Originally posted by ATW:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">yes but thats not how it happens in real life, the FA would approach someone for the job not the senior squad manager.

Not always. Actually not often I would beleive. Every Scotland manager since eh, god knows when (probably when it started) has had the luxury of choosing his Under 21/20/19 and B/Futures manager. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he said. I'm pretty sure most international managers will have a big say (if not choosing) who is in charge of the other teams for most countries.

Maybe England is different but the game does not revolve around England http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

10-06-2007, 21:20
* more intense Manager history eg a trophy room where your achievements are shown graphically eg Premiership trophy with times and years won and clicking on it to give you details of the season won a) table details b) top scorer etc etc ...

leagues and comps played in can be added as you have participated in as a manager.

Id just like a "one stop shop" in more detail of the managers achievements

Lacey
11-06-2007, 08:03
First of all, more in depth tactical options for those of us who actual enjoy the tactics, things like on the ball and off the ball options? Perhaps Arrows relating to when we are in possession and when were not. For instance if i was playing a Defensive midfielder, and wanted him to drop in to centre half when we have the ball and my full backs have pushed on, but wanted him to come out as the closing down midfielder when we are defending and the back line are all present etc..

Or perhaps an option like the 'swap with' option, to cover, so like when my Full backs pushed on, i could tell my centre backs 'Cover right back' then the defensive midfielder, 'cover centre back' do you all understand?

Also I have suggested this many times and it is getting better every time, but what about a non playable school boys league? Or an academy system over which you can hold more influence or control.

Or the ability to advise the Reserve manager how you want him to manage his team, for example if you want him to develop skillful players, develop hard working players, develop hard tacklers..etc..

One last was a slightly more in depth option to training. Some way of training specifically for tactics, like in the build up to a match, say as well as having the sliders for attacking, defending, etc which work on individual stats, have a selction for match specific tactics training which works on the the team playing together. Like practise holding up the ball and then have that controlled by the tactics slider, or practise passing and moving, etc etc so the tactics slider would just have a drop down bar if you wanted to do match specific tactics training. This could help in the 'gelling' of a team and building a greater understanding etc

11-06-2007, 09:33
well, ofcourse like anyone, the scouting should be better, you should have better options to see who got a lot of talent, and who don't, espessialy from feeder clubs, and your own youth.

with favorite personal it should be to see what kind of relationship the players have, wether it's someone's dad/brother/cousin/friend/youth idol/whatever. and with this it should be possible to find like a son of Frank Lampard or someone in the game.

players should have a preference for a shirtnumber, like shevchenko don't want another number than 7, just like beckham,[who ofourse actually d*d get another number, but whatever] of like van persie who chose in his feyenoord-period for number 32 in stead of 22, or some player for who it's only a preference but don't really matter, or well, you get what i mean.

there should be a warming up in the game, before every match, and espessialy for subs, cause when you let a player go into the field with cold muscles they can get injured in real life.

you should be able to choose what kind of affilated team you want, wether you want another domestic team for loan, or wether you want an african team for the talents, or an asian team for the money.

those are not real big things, but just some little features i would find fun in the game.

11-06-2007, 09:59
Training stats to actually go up http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
Stats players have to actually be implemented during the match, (eg: pace = 19 my player being beaten by the opposistion who can run faster than a bullet with his pace at 10),
More training feedback,
More training options,
A 3d rep of your new stadium expansion (i'd like to see what my stadium looks like and to be able to see whats been added)
For lower divisions stop big clubs hassling you every 5 mins all season for the only decent player you have,
Less injuries (at one time playing my whole squad was injured and training was set on medium),
No more super goalies, sick of seeing "he somehow got his fingers to it" when the stats of that goalkeeper show that he couldn't make a save if the ball was a beachball,
Game speed (highlight speed) needs to be adjusted a little, full is to fast and just under full is too slow.
Maybe a few more sounds while your not watching a match,
Lots more commentary additions please, same sayings over and over again get repetitive and boring,
better sound for the crowd on match days, maybe some chanting etc
morale to be a little better, you win a match play a day or so then boom all your players morale is v.good from superb, stupid things make morale low to easy & fast.
devaluation of players injured or not played shouldn't go down so quickly,
would liuke alot more things to do during the news section, apart from just click from a small list that repeats itself,

lots more but my brain has froze, due to me writing all this bollox that most if not all peeps on this forum will disagree with lol

anyways feel free to rip me a new one

Ghost

ATW
11-06-2007, 10:05
Stats players have to actually be implemented during the match, (eg: pace = 19 my player being beaten by the opposistion who can run faster than a bullet with his pace at 10),

Alexander (Preston NE) played for Scotland against France, man marked Rubery out of the game! Now Alexander is the wrong end of 30 for a Wing Back, while Rubery is what in his 20's. Now, to man mark a player one thing you have to do is beat the man to the ball! So bottom line because you are regarded as having more pace than someone else does not mean you will never be beaten, in fact 9/10 you could be beaten as above!

Oh at the same time the Legend was doing the same on the other side, and Caldwell was doing so through the middle (but he is allot younger)

Anyway, like I said above.... only thing I would like sorted for the next instalment is International football, the rest for me can wait till 2009. I just want to get praise for doing the unthinkable with those Arch Rivals the Faroe Islands!

Ackter
11-06-2007, 10:12
anyways feel free to rip me a new one

Ok.

1. Attributes do go up.
2. They already are, but there needs to be a bigger difference between 1 and 20.
3. Yes
4. Like what?
5. Not going to happen on two counts: a) it would cost a bomb, b) it's a waste of a programmer's time
6. That's realistic. You should have real trouble holding on to your best players.
7. Injuries are based on real life statistics
8. supergoalies don't exist. they were invented by people who aren't very good at the game and need something to blame for their crapness
9. more speeds = good
10. like what?
11. Yes, and the match report needs to be better
12. morale is fine imo
13. this is not something I've noticed
14. like what?

zeusbheld
11-06-2007, 12:26
Originally posted by Daman:
* more intense Manager history eg a trophy room where your achievements are shown graphically eg Premiership trophy with times and years won and clicking on it to give you details of the season won a) table details b) top scorer etc etc ...

leagues and comps played in can be added as you have participated in as a manager.

Id just like a "one stop shop" in more detail of the managers achievements

yeah i'd also like to be able to keep a note pad on MYSELF, same as the rest of the players have. surely this would be easy to implement, and besides my ego cookies (wallowing in the times i won manager of the month) i could track my season notes in-game instead of having to create a separate word file.