PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

orion318
17-02-2007, 11:58
did a thread before but not sure if this as been mentioned since this is 13 pages long, one thing i would like to see is:

-in the editor the possibility to create a custom league with a custom set of rules.

dav7fbman
17-02-2007, 12:34
I'd like another board interaction option: giving players lengthier contracts. You could go to the board and ask them to give one of the first team players contracts beyond 5 years, such as Rooney and Fabregas. This way, you wouldn't be able to hand an 8-year contract to any player, but, with permission of the board, you could give them to players who are already key to your side at a young age.

LFC Lloydy
17-02-2007, 17:09
Originally posted by dav7fbman:
I'd like another board interaction option: giving players lengthier contracts. You could go to the board and ask them to give one of the first team players contracts beyond 5 years, such as Rooney and Fabregas. This way, you wouldn't be able to hand an 8-year contract to any player, but, with permission of the board, you could give them to players who are already key to your side at a young age.

It's against FIFA rules to have contracts longer than 5 years, these contracts that are meant to last longer are just 5 year contracts with options to extend it.

LARulz
18-02-2007, 08:29
In that case (like IRL) why not ask FIFA or FA to bend the rules in special circumstances. I also wouldn't mind having this idea in FM08

evans90
18-02-2007, 08:49
It seems an obvious one to me, I can't believe no-one's mentioned this one before: Tapping-Up players.

On the player interaction screen, there should be a "contact player via agent" area, and to begin with you'd have to arrange meetings to see if the player is interested. If not, he'll tell you where to go, or worse, report you, leaving your reputation in tatters.

If he decides to meet you, you can discuss ways of signing him, advise him to play out his conract or tell him to spit out the dummy and hand in a transfer request, or tell him to ask for a contract with an affordable minimum fee release clause.

To add realism, you coud get snapped by a photographer (e.g. Mourinho-Cole scandal)and face an F.A. inquiry where you and your club would face a fine, and then, maybe your chairman and the board would decide you're destroying the image of the club and decide to sack you to save face.

oneforthefuture
18-02-2007, 09:14
I do remember a game called Ulitmate Soccer manager where you could offer bribes and bungs, or fix matches. It was funny, but also a little bit stupid.

I don't know if i would want the whole tapping up issue in there, and I think that there is other work to be done on agents before that happens.

IMO, agents should be added in the same way that refs are, they should have stats which could then influence the players they are affiliated with. So a player with a very greedy and ambitious agent could end up screwing over his club, whereas a young player with a level agent could stay and progress before moving on?

18-02-2007, 09:19
Got this idea from a friend but I would like to be able to watch (with the 2d match engine) certain parts of training. Corner taking would be nice so I can see what effect my instructions will have before a match, practice certain types of set plays etc...

Sub talks would be good, final instructions etc...

A pre game option to have 'what if' scenarios enabled, such as video replays being introduced, youth system changed, wage caps etc...

Players to develop preferred moves (or anti-proffered moves) after being forced to do so by your instructions and playing style (this may happen already but i haven't seen it)

Some players developing friendships randomly off the field because they are born in the same place, or spend time in the same international squad etc...

Greater impact from the fans, fans opinion on your formations, teams with a history of playing passing football (Ipswich, Arsenal etc) would have fans who appreciate this kind of formation from you but if you would play long ball then their opinion of you would drop slightly. Opinions could change if you win with a certain style that conflicts with the past. Fans demanding friendlies against certain teams be cancelled, Mk Dons for example. Messages to tell you about this.

More teamtalk options or different options becoming available for certain situations. perhaps the longer you are with the team, the better you learn the players personalities, the more options that become available.

Historic shirt numbers. A youth player being given a historic number having an effect, good or bad on his personality. Feeling pressure etc... The ability to gain historic shirt numbers, perhaps a player being voted player of the year a certain number of times? Or something similar.

The ability for coaches to have preferred moves that could be passed on to the players... especially if you get a famous ex player as your coach. Perhaps the could have hidden emphasis in training that relates to their playing days. A former striker raising composure slightly more than he should or they could have the ability to change a youth players 'cap' on a certain stat.

A pre game option to have 'what if' sceanarios enabled, such as video replays being introduced, youth system changed, wage caps etc...

Players to develop preferred moves (or anti-preffered moves) after being forced to do so by your instructions and playing style (this may happen already but i haven't seen it)

Some players developing freindships randomly off the field because they are born in the same place, or spend time in the same international squad etc...

Greater impact from the fans, fans opinion on your formations, teams with a history of playing passing football (Ipswich, Arsenal etc) would have fans who appreciate this kind of formation from you but if you would play long ball then their opinion of you would drop slightly. Opions could change if you win with a certain style that conflicts with the past. Fans demanding friendlies against certain teams be cancelled, Mk Dons for example. Messages to tell you about this.

More teamtalk options or different options becoming availiable for certain situations. perhaps the longer you are with the team, the better you learn the players personalitites, the more options that become availiable.

Historic shirt numbers. A youth player being given a historic number having an effect, good or bad on his personality. Feeling pressure etc... The ability to gain historicn shirt numbers, perhaps a player being voted player of the year a certain number of times? Or something similar.

The ability for coaches to have preferred moves that could be passed on to the players... especially if you get a famous ex player as your coach. Perhaps the could have hidden emphasis in training that relates to their playing days. A former striker raising composure slightly more than he should or they could have the ability to change a youth players 'cap' on a certain stat.

18-02-2007, 09:22
Whoops sorry about the double post within a post but I can't seem to edit it!

oneforthefuture
18-02-2007, 09:39
When regens are promoted to your under 18s I'd like the data on them to be better.

Arsenal as an example, should have an academy director (Liam Brady) as should other clubs with academy's.

Then, when new players are generated instead of just 'Player x has been highlighted as the best out of the current crop', I'd like to see media such as:

'4 of these players have been capped at England youth level, these are players w, x, y and z'

or,

'Player x is particularly talented and has captained England at under 16 level, whilst z, y and w have also played'

18-02-2007, 11:09
I have 2 ideas which I really think would give the game a massive boost.

1) The substitue interactions which has already been mentioned, telling the player who comes on "I have faith in you", or the likes of "prove you can do this to hold down a regular place"

2) Then I think there should be a link up where you can be at home playing FM and you are going out so you transfer the season to your PSP handheld game. Then when you come back put it back on the PC/MAC with the progress you made on handheld and so on.

MacJnr
18-02-2007, 11:31
how about a 3d match engine so that you can see the stadium and players playing in it on matchday's?

Dreaded Walrus
18-02-2007, 12:25
Originally posted by MacJnr:
how about a 3d match engine so that you can see the stadium and players playing in it on matchday's?

We already can see our players playing in our stadium, we just can't see the stadium itself.

To be honest, not only am I not for having a 3D match engine, I am actually against a 3D match engine.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think Pro Evo is an excellent game, it really is. But it only works when it's a human player directly controlling the players. Have you ever put Pro Evo (or F*F* for that matter) on a computer vs computer match? It has all of the tactical nous of a dead ant.

And that's not even the main thing. That could be fixed with a large amount of work.

The main problem would be this.

THIS:

This: Animations.

You see, there are many, many different things that a player can do on FM.

He can run in every single direction on the pitch all whilst facing in one direction. He can do the same thing whilst on the ball.

The player can tap the ball in every possible direction no matter which way he is facing, and he can do it with varying amounts of power.

The players can dribble at many various speeds, and there are, I assume stepovers and the like being processed, when you see a player beat another head on.

And then there are the passes, short and long, again in different directions, and again at varying paces.

There are corner kicks, free kicks, goal kicks, penalty kicks, and, of course, shots. First-time shots and shots with the ball. All of these can be done in many different ways, e.t.c. e.t.c.

There are goalkeepers, there are referees, there are linesmen.

There are defenders, with their slide tackles, their blocks of the ball, and so on.

And the problem when you choose to go 3D is that if you want something to be possible, you need to create an animation for it.

If they can't create an animation for something, then they can't put it in the game.

So let's assume SI decided that they wanted a 3D match engine in the next game. They would have to split off a huge section of their team, who would have to work on creating (and then further tweaking, as even Pro Evo's match engine often features animations that don't match what happens to the ball) this 3D match engine for many, many hours a day, every day, and they would need to bring in many more staff members, both permanent and freelancers with part time, as most of SI's staff probably won't be too experienced with polygons, animation, 3D work and the like. None of their games even include a pre-rendered intro.

And then, by the time the new match engine comes in, after many, many months of working on it, it will be unfinished, as they wouldn't be able to delay FM08, and they wouldn't be able to create a fully working, fully-animated match engine capable of everything their 2D engine is, for years.

Pro Evo has been evolving (sorry) for over a decade now, and yet it is not capable of anything near what FM is.

F*F* has been sodomised for over a decade also, and yet that is still nowhere near the capability level of Pro Evo, let alone FM.

And let's not think about the 3D engine of newer series, like Club Football and This Is Football.

Quite frankly, that is why I would never want to see a 3D engine in FM. And feel free to quote me on that. (Not that anyone ever will. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif)

As for being able to see stadiums, they could do some interesting stuff there with sprite overlays, similar to the "Build a Temple" bits in Civilisation, which would be quite cool.

I would like to see something like that at some point in the future, but I wouldn't put it as that high a priority. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AfterDeath
18-02-2007, 12:29
I don't know if this has already been suggested, but I'd like to be able to become Assistant Manager and/or coaches of teams. You could be responsible for managing younger teams and giving the manager advice, and could get promoted to manager if your boss is sacked.

Dreaded Walrus
18-02-2007, 12:33
I've always loved the thought of that, and I know I'm not the only one who's mentioned it (though I know there have also been quite a few "IT'S NOT CALLED FOOTBALL ASSISTANT MANAGER" type people, some of which don't type in all caps.

But I would love to see it at some point, it would be a good starting point for people entirely new to the game, too.

Dreaded Walrus
18-02-2007, 12:34
Damn.

Those people also don't forget to put an end bracket for every opening bracket, either.

raymondo267
19-02-2007, 13:26
the ability to give an emotional speech in an amazingly important match. say you was playing your rivals. last game. winner stays up or wins the league. something of that sort of scenario. and i think it would be good to say something like.
'you lot. take a look at yourself's. your professional footballers. your raking it in. and look at them. the fans. the thousands of kids, that support this club, would give everthing the have, just to play 10 minitues for this club. and theirs you lot again. what a waste. now get out their. prove to me, that your not a waste of space. for the fans. 'Now Lets F-u-c-k-i-n-g Play Football' http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

wheelerbarry
19-02-2007, 13:45
Slightly more interaction with the board about player wages \ transfers.

e.g.

As there are somethines times when you miss out on a player beacuse he is slightly over your budget, it would be nice to could request to the board for some extra cash just for them, instead of the general request. The board could then make a decision on wether or not to allow you to procees with the transfer,

When requesting extra money or wages, instead of just rejecting your proposal, they could give you the opertunity to re-discuss your budgets (like at the start of the season). This would solve the problem when you cash in on some of your players to rebuild your squad, you have enough money to do what you want, but lack the required wage budget to do it.

Seasoned Alcoholic
19-02-2007, 15:40
Few more suggestions...

2D match engine
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Expand match engine borders to enable greater variety of shots, goal attempts, lobs, mis-kicks, wayward strikes etc. If the ball was returned from offscreen, this would represent the ball being returned from the crowd, rather than simply dropping dead when it hits the pre-defined match engine borders. This would improve the realism of the engine tbh.
<LI>Ball to bobble more on visbly broken surfaces, especially on pitches that are shared by more than one team, such as the lower leagues for example, but this could happen at even the highest level.
<LI>Players making more mistakes in adverse weather conditions, such as snow, ice, fog, heavy rain, high winds, mud, hail, sleet etc.
<LI>Snow / ice patches on some playing surfaces (IE those that don't have undersoil heating installed) during the winter, as well increased use of orange (or alternative) footballs for visibility reasons.[/list]

More Leagues
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Increase in number of playable lower leagues outside English ones. Also expanding the existing depth of the English lower league structure, such as including the 3 leagues directly below the Conference North & Conference South (Northern Premier League, Southern League, Isthmian Premier League), more info here (http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/3192095492?r=5122073592#5122073592)[/list]

Expand team talk possibilities
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>This will enable a more accurate and relevant team talk to be given dependent upon the situation, rather than the same few options.[/list]

Contracts
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Flexible promotion / relegation clauses rather than fixed 25% rates.
<LI>Pooled / delayed bonus payments over a period of games (EG paid monthly) rather than weekly / per game. This may be beneficial to teams in the lower lagues and / or with financial issues.[/list]

Conference National financial model
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Once a team has turned professional in the Conference National, it becomes difficult to manage the club's finances; it is much easier to mantain finances when a club is semi-professional, probably due to lower wages being covered by attendance income.
<LI>Clubs with smaller grounds / gate receipts struggle to compete in wage terms. Perhaps this can be related to the suggestion of issuing ticket prices?
<LI>Increased financial breakdown, EG what represents Other costs, which are usually signicantly large at the end of the season.[/list]

Barca4ever
19-02-2007, 16:11
1. I'd like to see a commnetator. Not throughout the whole game. But maybe after a goal or during a penalty shootout. Have a spanish guy in the South Ameican leagues do the "goooaaaallll", or something like that.

2. Maybe not 3d, but a little bit more detail to graphics would be nice. Such as stadiums. When you move from your 10000 seat stadium to youre new 25000 stadium I wanna feel it.

3. Still not enough options in the media. Still can't recommend a plyer to his national team. Still not enough interactions with the players.

4. Enough English leagues for chrsit sake. They got 6 already. Add some more Spanish and Italian or German Leagues. That would be nice.

5. England still Overrated. In most saves you look down the list of Champions League Winners and it looks more like the F.A. Cup. Also, England playing beutifully and winning the world and euro cup every other taurnament. Youre getting a laugh.

6. English players overrated as well. Most english players in the prem have technique of above 15. Youre getting another laugh.

Theres probably more but not that I can think of. Will continue the list tommorow.

Zoiberg
20-02-2007, 06:53
Some kind of feedback and scouting about your own youth teams. Something like :

"<Ass. Manager> tells you that Giovanni dos Santos has been performing incredibly well at Barça B last weeks, and maybe you should give him some first-team chances."

Some youth reports at beginning of season (Maybe we could ask for them whenever we want). Assistant Manager telling a little scout about every player :

- "Altough X has been playing a lot lately , he isn't good enough to be a first-team regular at our squad"

- "X has been inactive for last matches, maybe you should consider loaning him out, so he could keep improving, as he is one of our most promising youngsters"

tdpatriots12
20-02-2007, 07:35
-Lots of players from a particular country increases your reputation and interest from that country (ie, Fulham/USA)

Moonmat
20-02-2007, 07:42
Chairmen shouldn't get involved if the money from any given sale is to be handed back to the manager for transfers. There is no game logic here. If the chairman want to sell a player to pay the shareholders or to expand the stadium, that is reasonable, but why on earth would a manager accept 30m for a player, then hand you that money so you can buy more players? Also, sort out Celtic's finances please, i never complain about players, but getting the finances straight is a must, Celtic a re a PLC after all.

leeds for ever
20-02-2007, 08:37
Shout encouragment/critisism at your players at the pitchside during the 2D pitch screen. And give players detailed instructions through substitutes like Jose Mourinho with his little notes http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif The higher the player's influence (the one you choose to deliever the message) the better the players respond to this.

Cam69r
20-02-2007, 10:04
Sorry, can't be bothered searching through 13 pages to see if anyone has mentioned my idea but here goes...
You guys want a realistic managers sim that is as close to real life as possible to what a manager does and make decisions like he does...
So surely (especially in todays game) going into huge set piece depth is a major thing, all we get is go forward, stay back etc but surely SI can plan and develop a way to create and implement our own set pieces to create a few extra problems for the opposition! Would be great as some teams live for set pieces!
Any thoughts?

bluechincilla
20-02-2007, 10:22
Just an idea and not sure if its been mentioned before but maybe an option where by a player will move to ANY club (say Rooney to Plymouth or Ronaldinho to Stafford Rangers) as long as all the payments and wages are in order.

bluechincilla
20-02-2007, 10:26
Just remembered another one BRING BACK JAPAN!!!!! I used to love managing their teams!!! Super cool wicked!

LeedsinPremierLeague
21-02-2007, 01:18
1. Players characteristics vs Tactical position. You can often pick up three AttMid with tackling and positioning < 8 and still be successful in a 442 formation. That is not possible IRL. E.g. Real Madrid.
2. Players becoming unhappy if they are not played in their preferred position.
3. More preset tactics should be given to managers. Allardyce 433 is different from Wenger 433 or Rijkaard 433 for example...
4. Big name players and managers changing to smaller clubs. Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Inter, Juventus, Milan and Roma, Barca, Real Madrid and Valencia. These are the major clubs in Europe where you will see the best players. If Shevchenko or Ronaldo get transfer listed these are the ONLY possible clubs where they will end up in...If Mourinho leaves Chelsea he will not manage any other club. Carlos Queiroz managing West Brom? Impossible IRL but happens all the time in FM
4. Financial situation at clubs. It is really easy to become a rich club...Apart from England, Spain, Italy, Germany or France there is no money to spend on players IRL. You will have to sell in order to be able to buy.
5. Pressure from the board to buy or to play specific players.
6. Tune the Chairman interference: Chairman only go to players with flair, strikers or players whose reputation is high. Chairman only go to obvious players. Sometimes you see Abramovich buying IRAOLA or CRIS. Chairman should only sell players if your financial situation is not good.

fred_davey
21-02-2007, 01:21
Well I hadn't played FM for ages, but got back into it through playing Fifa Manager 07, only played it a few days because, essentially, its **** compared to FM07, but it had nice features that got me interested in football managing games again, like viewing the stadium, designing new ones, assigning ticket prices, buying up land around the stadium and building things.

The most important thing for long term playability is the regens, to model their stats on real life players, I don't mean go back to the regen system just some logic to the stats, there's a huge database of real life players which have been scouted showing the kind of stats players who have made it have. The fact is the temperamental superstar in real life is rare, after 25 years in FM its the norm (I have the best squad in the world by some way but only have one model professional), its also too easy for players to fulfil their potential, mental attributes only seem to affect how they get along with other players and how they react to being left out, bids being rejected etc.

I would suggest changing the youth system so players come in from the age of 8 or so, you could get loads of players that age either with set stats or variable ones as things like determination etc wouldn't be set at that age, by the age of 15/16 most would have dropped out, those with poor mental stats and you would bee left with those who have great mental stats and are more certain to reach their potential, whatever that may be, and those who have great talent but poor mental stats who are less certain to reach their potential. This would obviously be affected by youth set up, coaches, scouts, affiliated clubs and so on.

fred_davey
21-02-2007, 01:27
Originally posted by fred_davey:
Well I hadn't played FM for ages, but got back into it through playing Fifa Manager 07, only played it a few days because, essentially, its **** compared to FM07, but it had nice features that got me interested in football managing games again, like viewing the stadium, designing new ones, assigning ticket prices, buying up land around the stadium and building things.

The most important thing for long term playability is the regens, to model their stats on real life players, I don't mean go back to the regen system just some logic to the stats, there's a huge database of real life players which have been scouted showing the kind of stats players who have made it have. The fact is the temperamental superstar in real life is rare, after 25 years in FM its the norm (I have the best squad in the world by some way but only have one model professional), its also too easy for players to fulfil their potential, mental attributes only seem to affect how they get along with other players and how they react to being left out, bids being rejected etc.

I would suggest changing the youth system so players come in from the age of 8 or so, you could get loads of players that age either with set stats or variable ones as things like determination etc wouldn't be set at that age, by the age of 15/16 most would have dropped out, those with poor mental stats and you would bee left with those who have great mental stats and are more certain to reach their potential, whatever that may be, and those who have great talent but poor mental stats who are less certain to reach their potential. This would obviously be affected by youth set up, coaches, scouts, affiliated clubs and so on.

Oh, and stop the international tournaments robbing you of players during the CL final or whatever (north america gold cup for one), introducing a 'delay inclusion in squad until after ______ match' option would be handy.

somebodyfresh
21-02-2007, 04:21
in the same way managers have knowledge bars, players should have experience bars http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dinostar77
21-02-2007, 06:29
1.Details of various league and European records that exist i.e. in real life Inter Milan just broke the European record for most consecutive wins 16, which was held by Bayern Munich and real Madrid 15 wins each.

2.Short term and long term computer control controlled team planning. Teams tend to have such planning in place in real life, though this may be dependent on who owns the club or who the manager is for example:
Chelsea, short term strategy when abramovich took over to make the club competitive at the highest level. Long term, buying young under 18’s who will eventually become first team stars.
Real Madrid: was to buy Galactico’s. it now changed to buying the best young players in the world i.e. Higuain, Gago, Marcelo.
Tottenham: buying young British players.
Man Utd: bring players through internally.
Portsmouth: buying players who other clubs have given up on, i.e. Campbell, Kanu etc.
This could also run with squad i.e. 5 year cycle. For example, Man Utd in past few years have been buying players of a certain age range in order to build a squad/group that will mature around the same time and this would considered to be part of a cycle. Computer controlled teams should do a similar thing.

3.Better computer controlled team squad balance. For example, squad should have a minimum number of goalkeepers. I’ve seen teams in the past go down to one goalie and the rest are grey goalies. Not realistic. Teams not buying 3 left backs for example in one summer.

4.Fix player instructions for the season. Example if I set instructions for Rolando and I start him from the bench, say he’s coming back from injury I want the instructions I set at the start of the season to be fixed to him, not for me to have to put them in again.

5.A yearly world soccer type round up of the worlds up and coming youngsters, best strikers etc. This would help in the long term, when the game is littered with regens.

6.More media build up of key matches, i.e. title deciders, six pointers, champion’s league games.

7.Make the champion’s league harder to win. Example, Ferguson has only won it once in twenty years, real Madrid went 30 years without lifting the trophy, inter still haven’t on it since the 1960’s. Also no team since Milan in 1990 has successfully defended the trophy.

8.Ability to talk to your players privately so the media don’t find out. Example, criticise them in private for poor form.

9.Any team you choose to control, the background picture changes to the club in question example, I am the manager of Chelsea, my background picture is Stamford Bridge, then I take over at Barcelona and my background picture changes to the Nou Camp.

10.New managerial appointments, computer clubs to pick managers who fit in with the club philosophy i.e. if Wenger leaves Arsenal, they don’t appoint Capello. Why? Because Capello’s reputation is buying established stars for big prices whereas arsenal’s is to buy young promising players and to make them into superstars, Fabregas, Anelka for example.

11.Revamp the training aspect of the game. Example, Arsenal in real life probably train with lots of work involved on first touch, one touch short passing game whereas Bolton, train more on set pieces, and direct, longer approach to the game.

12.Climate affects on the type of football played. Example, in hotter countries teams don’t tend to play as fast as they do in the premiership because of the heat and dehydration. So if you are manager of Liverpool and you play a fast high temp game and you go take over at Real Madrid, you can’t play to the same tempo because of the climate as players would just tire out too quickly.

13.Teams to stick to the philosophy of that country. Example in Italy the mentally is still a tighter marking more defensive approach to the game, whereas the premiership and England in general is faster direct football.

14.The domination of the champion’s league more linked to the strongest league in Europe. This is a difficult one to explain, but I think it makes sense. Example, in late 70’s and early 80’s English teams dominated the European cup. In the 90’s when serie a was the strongest league in Europe, Italian teams dominated the champions league. At the moment in fm07, English teams 8/10 times win the champion’s league season after season.

15.Copy the real life examples of the lack of tendency of top Italian, Spanish and English players to play out side their respective countries whereas French, Brazilian, Argentinian players have lots of players out side their native countries.

16.Regens. Too many regens have very poor physical stats. Their mental stats are better after patch 7.01 but their physical stats tend to be poor. In real life, players are much more athletic and quicker than they used to be 20 years ago and regens in fm07 some have good technical and mental stats but their physical are so bad that they never would be professional players in real life.

17.Computer controlled teams to try to copy successful tactics. For example if I play 4-3-1-2 in the premiership with a dedicated player maker in the hole and am successful and the majority of the league plays 4-4-2 then, computer controlled teams try to ape my formation and tactics to get success for themselves.

18.Computer controlled teams to mirror formations. This happens in real life a lot. Teams tend to mirror the formation of the opposition team for that particular game.

i Love United
21-02-2007, 15:56
1. When you first start as a manager you should be able to easilly load up a picture and fill in extra detail about yourself such as where you play and you should be able to fill in some abilities eg mental abilities such as motivation

2. When your team gets a new sponser you should get a load of different kit variations you could have. This should be the same for when you get new kit manufactures.....

3. ....you should be able to get kit manufactures. You should get a list of real companies approaching you to make your kit eg. nike, addidias etc. Same for sponsership

4. Player pictures for every player in the game.

5. Interaction with refs - on thier profile beable to tell them how they did in a match, whct they did wrong

6. Much, much more variation of what to say to players and media before and during match.

7. Backgrounds of every stadium of every club and reserves in the game. There should be a picture at day (for day matches) and one for night (night matches)

8. Be able to have strickers coaches, midfield coaches and defence coaches

9. Be able to relay the pitch and it should get worse as the season goes on and worse during winter. Lower league teames may have puddles on pitch of matches postponed.

10. Have training camps in other countries so you can go to train for a week aborad when you dont have matches.

11. When you expand or move stadium you should get a new picture of the stadium

12. Have different balls and backgrounds for different competitions.

13. Emergency loans!

14. For the very low leagues, have open days so random people come and train and your scout and assistant manager tell you to sign certain players.

15. Make lower leagues a whole different game to Premiership.

16. Other leagues you cant manage in still being played.

17. Get rid of bugs like both teams wear the same colour and on the player ratings list one of my strikers appears amoungst the midfield.

18. However many seasons you have done please make it load quickly otherwise we loose intrest.

19. For lower leages be able to rasie money for your cash ridden club.

20. Be able to talk to the chairman and board members.

21. Be able to hold activities to rasie team spirit. eg. golfing trips

http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Martin Allen
21-02-2007, 16:11
Originally posted by i Love United:
1. When you first start as a manager you should be able to easilly load up a picture and fill in extra detail about yourself such as where you play and you should be able to fill in some abilities eg mental abilities such as motivation

2. When your team gets a new sponser you should get a load of different kit variations you could have. This should be the same for when you get new kit manufactures.....

3. ....you should be able to get kit manufactures. You should get a list of real companies approaching you to make your kit eg. nike, addidias etc. Same for sponsership

4. Player pictures for every player in the game.

5. Interaction with refs - on thier profile beable to tell them how they did in a match, whct they did wrong

6. Much, much more variation of what to say to players and media before and during match.

7. Backgrounds of every stadium of every club and reserves in the game. There should be a picture at day (for day matches) and one for night (night matches)

8. Be able to have strickers coaches, midfield coaches and defence coaches

9. Be able to relay the pitch and it should get worse as the season goes on and worse during winter. Lower league teames may have puddles on pitch of matches postponed.

10. Have training camps in other countries so you can go to train for a week aborad when you dont have matches.

11. When you expand or move stadium you should get a new picture of the stadium

12. Have different balls and backgrounds for different competitions.

13. Emergency loans!

14. For the very low leagues, have open days so random people come and train and your scout and assistant manager tell you to sign certain players.

15. Make lower leagues a whole different game to Premiership.

16. Other leagues you cant manage in still being played.

17. Get rid of bugs like both teams wear the same colour and on the player ratings list one of my strikers appears amoungst the midfield.

18. However many seasons you have done please make it load quickly otherwise we loose intrest.

19. For lower leages be able to rasie money for your cash ridden club.

20. Be able to talk to the chairman and board members.

21. Be able to hold activities to rasie team spirit. eg. golfing trips

http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

just my thought on the ideas

1. nope, your in game decisions willl hspa estats
2. nothing to do with the manager
3. nothing to do with the manager
4. never going to happen, certain think called liscencing
5. managers don't give refs feedback in real live, only ref interaction should be through media question
6. yep, agree the pe match interview is pointless and repetitive in its current state
7. not sure if licenses would allow, if you want this you can download stadium packs off fan sites
8. coaches already ave differnt skills, no caoch in real life just teaches one position
9. pospotments would be good, maybe a request to relay pitch in boardroom demands may work
10. another one for boardroom demands maybe, manager would have to ask the chairman to do so
11. how the hell would that work?
12. yet again can downalod them off fan sites if you want
13. yep these need adding, specialy for goalkeepers with 7 day loan rule
14. the trial system could do with improvment in general
15. why?
16. you can do that...
17. if you find the bugs report them in bugs forum, never seen either myself
18. The game loads in pretty quickly in my 9 year career game, better than past versions
19. no
20. board room requests already in place which is simlar idea
21. no ,too much of a gimic imo

DavsClaus
22-02-2007, 06:32
In the 7.02 editor we can now see player legends from a national team. (eg. Michael Laudrup from the Danish national team).

I would like such legends for managers:
- national team
- clubs

It is after all a manager game. I know it's partly there as a club favorite personnel, but it's mixed with players also.

Dayle Wood
22-02-2007, 18:20
My personal pet 'want' is for there to be a page in the clubs history with the top ten club scorers so that you could see how well your current players were doing compared to former players.

Example:

Man utd top League scorers
1. George Best 601
2. Eric Cantona 532
3. Dwight Yorke 511
4. Andy Cole 421
5. Ruud Van nistelrooy 387
6. Ryan Giggs 300
7. Paul Scholes 223
8. Wayne Rooney (current player) 201
9. Roy keane 184
10. Luca Toni (current player) 180

sydfc4ever
22-02-2007, 19:52
My personal pet 'want' is for there to be a page in the clubs history with the top ten club scorers so that you could see how well your current players were doing compared to former players.

i'm with Dayle on this one. i'd love to see if for games played as well. even better of this could be added to all leagues and cups. if you know your player is 1 game of playing the most games ever in Carling Cup you're most likely going to them!

blz80
22-02-2007, 20:16
Originally posted by Dayle Wood:

Example:

1. George Best 601
2. Eric Cantona 532
3. Dwight Yorke 511
4. Andy Cole 421
6. Ryan Giggs 300
7. Paul Scholes 223
9. Roy keane 184

awesome idea, i would also like to have top 10 players who played the most league games in the history of the club

Dayle Wood
22-02-2007, 20:32
Originally posted by blz80:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dayle Wood:

Example:

1. George Best 601
2. Eric Cantona 532
3. Dwight Yorke 511
4. Andy Cole 421
6. Ryan Giggs 300
7. Paul Scholes 223
9. Roy keane 184

awesome idea, i would also like to have top 10 players who played the most league games in the history of the club </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yeah it could be league goals, overall goals, league appearances, overall appearances, and maybe if its possible, a AI opinion of the clubs best ever starting 11 (though that is not such a big deal to me).

i Love United
23-02-2007, 13:52
1. Keep the load time quick - im in my second season and takes 2 miniutes to load on a new laptop.

2. Be able to look 4 feeder and parent club at any time regardless of what board say.

3. Have incidents like in the Lille v United match but rarely

4. Have 3d stadiums like in TCM and you can reconstruct the stadium from this.

5. Be able to be appointed caretaker manager and assistant manager and control someones reserves.

6. Be able to see team talk feedback from last 10 games.

7. Definatley be able to change kit design, kit manufacture and sponser. Even if this has nout to do with managers its still fun.

8. Be able to vote for player of the season.

9. Be able to hold interviews with fans on a regular pattern (weekly).

10. Make player instructions player specific not position specific.

11. Testimonial and special matches eg United v. European XI

12. Ability to call press confrences and have press confrence backgrounds (club specific)

13. Idea for sponsers: If you cant have real company names because of liscensing make up fake sponser names and have the people on this website change them to real ones....

14. If we download stadium backgrounds then when i click on a result the background dosent come up until i click on a scorer and go back. Fix it.

15. yeah have agents aswell.

16. Have competitions change name like the JPT or carling cup competitions could even be added??.

17. Tapping up players.

18. Give subs talks before they come on.

19. Players developing moves in training.

20. More player and media talk variation.

21. Winter breaks can be introduced. (this and 16 would make fm in its own world)

22. Be able to have a one off match with ur mates on internet.

23. Physio reports when someone is injured.

24. Training camps abroad

25. Ability to raise club profile

26. Differences in management in lower leagues. eg peterbrough had big ron manager filmed at the club but this wouldnt happen to a prem club.

27. A page of fans where it shows the most hardcore fans, number of arrests and trouble makers who you can ban and detaills about fan groups and membership. You could arrange more security for certain matches so you wont get trouble so less fines.

28. Change ticket prices/ season ticket prices.

29. Constant player interaction/ player meetings.

30. Choose training hours.

31. Get reports of potential world stars who are maturing.

32. Youth teams can have players from 8 upwards although this would be more common with prem clubs.

33. Make a bigger deal of changing seasons with lots of media interviews.

34. Make a bigger deal of players returning from long term injury. eg ole solskjaer and alan smith with united.

35. Tell your reserve team coach how long to play players for in matches so if a player is returning from injury he doesnt die!

36. Meetings with team before season and matches.

37. Be able to change your badge - could do it in adobe photoshop but should be noted in game.

38. Have a big deal made when you start a job by media, players and former players.

39. Make matches against rivals more fierce. eg fans being arrested, players kicking it off in the tunnel (roy keane and vieria)

40. In commentry dont say the ball is in row z when the player has just tapped it off the pitch.

http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Saha
24-02-2007, 03:46
Would love it if I could put a minimum games clause in loanee's contracts, it's ****ing me off that a few clubs offerred to take some of my players on loan with the promise that they'd be 'valuable first team players' but every scout report I get from them they're stuck in the reserves.

somebodyfresh
24-02-2007, 06:30
it'd be cool if when a rival shows interest in one of your players, and you get that media message. you could say "I will never sell a player to (rival team) whatever the offer."

i Love United
24-02-2007, 08:40
41. Have a picture (normal and icon) of EVERY youth player in the game. Otherwise after 15 seasons there would be no pictures....

i Love United
24-02-2007, 10:30
42. Add more pages like the board room page. eg:
Fans page (in previous post)
Stadium page - where you get a 3d image of the stadium and the page tells you stadium capacity, names of stands - which you could rename, change seat colour and change ticket and season ticket prices.
Merchandise page - where you see what items and memberships your club shop is selling and how much money its making and how much you pay the workers.

43. On the club information page there could be an overhead picture of the stadium from google earth.

44. Have players sons coming through the game like brooklyn, romeo and cruz beckham.

45. Be able to change reserve stadium.

46. When you move stadium you should get a list of areas you could move to and advantages and disadvantages of the areas.

Erithtotl
25-02-2007, 08:43
I'd like to see some new manager ratings that have a real effect on the game and can be effected by HOW you play the game.

Imagine, when you first create your manager you have the following abilities:

Office Politics
Negotiation
Tactical Adjustments
Staff Management

How does it work? Each rating is from 1-20. You can set the starting rating to whatever you want, and this is how you can adjust your own starting difficulty. Reputation works like it does now (Sunday Leaguer, Former International, etc).

Office Politics affects your ability to get team management to do the things you want. The higher the rating, the more likely you'll be able to get more transfer funds, and other demands, filled, as well as the chance that the chairman will override you on certain decisions. This rating can be improved or lowered depending on how well you handle making requests, demands and ultimatums to the board. It could be further modified by opportunities to react to board actions in the press.

Negotiation is your general ability to negotiate contracts, for both your self and your players. Having continued success or failure in negotiating favorable deals will affect this rating.

Tactical Adjustments effects how quickly your players can adjust to changes in your tactical system. Changing tactics frequently and having success will help improve this rating, while failing frequently might lower it.

Staff Management is the ability to manage a larger staff. Right now staff is theoretically limited by what the board feels is a suitable number of coaches and scouts for your club size. But this is gamey and unrealistic. If I managing a club that has 25M a year in profit, I should be able to hire as many 500 p/w coaches as I want, at least as far as the board is concerned. Rather, it makes more sense to control this based on your manager's ability to manage his staff. This rating will be raised over time, and influenced by the staff you hire (and fire). Excessively sacking staff for example might lower this ability.

I'm sure there are more ratings that people can think of, but I think if these are implemented properly and in a not-overdone manner (having limited effects on gameplay) they could add another level to the whole 'role-play' element of a management career.

25-02-2007, 11:33
I have to apologise if this sugestion was already given, didn't have time to read thru all 14 pages of this threat.

I'd Like To See INDIVIDUAL Player Tactics Screen in PLAYER MENU, and Not Tactics One. This way we could asign Individual Tactics to Players and Not Positions. ... I'd leave it the way it is During Matches tho.

If this idea was posted before than im just singing up for it.

It's my first post too so "Hello" to everyone here. I'll try not to litter here.

PS. Spelling, etc. (English is my 2nd Language).

Freak11
26-02-2007, 01:03
Here's a suggestion:

How about bringing the 'fun factor' back into the game again? Now its 99% simulation and 1% fun.

Chasing Lamely
26-02-2007, 01:40
One thing I always wanted in the game - Perhaps it's better suited to the console versions of the game - is the ability to play as a chairman as well as manager. (Much like in EHM, where you're the general manager and hire managers, coaches, etc) I think it could add some depth to the game - I.e. you could install yourself as chairman of your club (With limited resources, so you couldn't just give the manager a blank cheque) and have to pick the managers and the transfer budgets to get the team to the top.

Also, I'd like to see the return of the aility to position players by the position of the ball. It seems the tactical side of the game has been enhanced immensely since I started playing, yet that feature, the most in-depth of all, disappeared...

ScottM
26-02-2007, 04:45
1. Keep the load time quick - im in my second season and takes 2 miniutes to load on a new laptop.

HUGE SNIP>>>

40. In commentry dont say the ball is in row z when the player has just tapped it off the pitch.

http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

You've put in a lot of work there, but ultimately its been wasted.

What you have to realise is that not everyone plays with top European clubs, so when SI build the game, they have to accomodate features that work on EVERY level, Non league up to Champions league. Sadly a lot of your suggestions are from the elitist point of view.

It never fails to amaze me how many (probably young) posters to this list want the game to be like FIFA/LMA Manager etc etc.

It won't and never will be and Amen to that, quite frankly.....

All I want for FM08 is an improved, more complex match engine and better AI when it comes to Match/Transfers from Managers and Players.

Scott M

ScottM
26-02-2007, 04:47
Originally posted by Chasing Lamely:
One thing I always wanted in the game - Perhaps it's better suited to the console versions of the game - is the ability to play as a chairman as well as manager. (Much like in EHM, where you're the general manager and hire managers, coaches, etc) I think it could add some depth to the game - I.e. you could install yourself as chairman of your club (With limited resources, so you couldn't just give the manager a blank cheque) and have to pick the managers and the transfer budgets to get the team to the top.

Also, I'd like to see the return of the aility to position players by the position of the ball. It seems the tactical side of the game has been enhanced immensely since I started playing, yet that feature, the most in-depth of all, disappeared...

I hated the With Ball/Without Ball and am gald to see the back of it.

And as for the suggestion of Chairman Manager 2008! Ha ha....

Scott M

grep
26-02-2007, 04:54
What I would like to see is keeping the 2D dots pitch match system instead of ridicolous 3D nowdays pathetic clones.

FM 2D matches are simply marvellous. http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

ScottM
26-02-2007, 05:00
Originally posted by grep:
What I would like to see is keeping the 2D dots pitch match system instead of ridicolous 3D nowdays pathetic clones.

FM 2D matches are simply marvellous. http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

SI have already stated that 3D will not be even an option in the foreseeable future.

Absolutely no point as the costs involved would be huge......Long live the Dots!

Scott M

26-02-2007, 05:15
I would like to be able to interact with my player if he missed a penalty shot, saying that it was terrible and I hate him for missing it or saying that it wasn't that important, just forget it and so on.

ScottM
26-02-2007, 05:56
Originally posted by hargpatrik:
I would like to be able to interact with my player if he missed a penalty shot, saying that it was terrible and I hate him for missing it or saying that it wasn't that important, just forget it and so on.

I very much doubt Managers IRL berate players for missing penalties..........Besides you can already talk to players at H/T and F/T in the teamtalk function......

And also in Player Interaction.........

Scott M

jonesington
26-02-2007, 06:27
i would like to see an option to take charge of a club further into the past, i.e take charge of man utd at the same time as fergie, that way you have a real life comparison to see how well you are doing.

MetalMan
26-02-2007, 06:54
Originally posted by jonesington:
i would like to see an option to take charge of a club further into the past, i.e take charge of man utd at the same time as fergie, that way you have a real life comparison to see how well you are doing.

Rather impossible database/research-wise, unfortunately

ScottM
26-02-2007, 06:55
Originally posted by jonesington:

Blimey, just how much work do you think it would take to populate a "World" db with all the players from the late 80's??

Scott M

faltering fullback
26-02-2007, 08:40
if already posted then usuall apologies.

I have 2 ideas to do with transfers.

1. at the moment the players transfer details such as monthly installments, % to old club if sold, ££££ per league game etc are kept in transfers in finance. i would like each players individual details kept in with there other information.

2. when confirming a transfer, either to buy or sell in the news screen at the moment you only get a basic view of the transfer. ie team x buys player y for 2 million pounds this could rise to 2.5 million with add ons. with your transfer details only i would like to see the hole deal on the screen before you confirm.
this would be beneficial when you have quite a few transfers on the go or when a transfer has taken that long you cant remember the deal.

i hope i have made myself clear.

Tim2
26-02-2007, 08:45
1. When you have a healthy bank balance the board should allow you to pay more to your coaches.
2. Improve player interaction it was better than before but it still isnt perfect, you cant praise a member of your playing
staff in private.
3. Have an option in team talks to say assistant manager take that team talk.
4. Be able to talk to the players before pens.
5. Have more options in team talks.
6. Have more options when having conversations with AI managers, it can get a bit repetitive as the same options come up
again in conversation with the same manager.

26-02-2007, 09:03
Originally posted by dinostar77:
1.Details of various league and European records that exist i.e. in real life Inter Milan just broke the European record for most consecutive wins 16, which was held by Bayern Munich and real Madrid 15 wins each.

2.Short term and long term computer control controlled team planning. Teams tend to have such planning in place in real life, though this may be dependent on who owns the club or who the manager is for example:
Chelsea, short term strategy when abramovich took over to make the club competitive at the highest level. Long term, buying young under 18’s who will eventually become first team stars.
Real Madrid: was to buy Galactico’s. it now changed to buying the best young players in the world i.e. Higuain, Gago, Marcelo.
Tottenham: buying young British players.
Man Utd: bring players through internally.
Portsmouth: buying players who other clubs have given up on, i.e. Campbell, Kanu etc.
This could also run with squad i.e. 5 year cycle. For example, Man Utd in past few years have been buying players of a certain age range in order to build a squad/group that will mature around the same time and this would considered to be part of a cycle. Computer controlled teams should do a similar thing.

3.Better computer controlled team squad balance. For example, squad should have a minimum number of goalkeepers. I’ve seen teams in the past go down to one goalie and the rest are grey goalies. Not realistic. Teams not buying 3 left backs for example in one summer.

4.Fix player instructions for the season. Example if I set instructions for Rolando and I start him from the bench, say he’s coming back from injury I want the instructions I set at the start of the season to be fixed to him, not for me to have to put them in again.

5.A yearly world soccer type round up of the worlds up and coming youngsters, best strikers etc. This would help in the long term, when the game is littered with regens.

6.More media build up of key matches, i.e. title deciders, six pointers, champion’s league games.

7.Make the champion’s league harder to win. Example, Ferguson has only won it once in twenty years, real Madrid went 30 years without lifting the trophy, inter still haven’t on it since the 1960’s. Also no team since Milan in 1990 has successfully defended the trophy.

8.Ability to talk to your players privately so the media don’t find out. Example, criticise them in private for poor form.

9.Any team you choose to control, the background picture changes to the club in question example, I am the manager of Chelsea, my background picture is Stamford Bridge, then I take over at Barcelona and my background picture changes to the Nou Camp.

10.New managerial appointments, computer clubs to pick managers who fit in with the club philosophy i.e. if Wenger leaves Arsenal, they don’t appoint Capello. Why? Because Capello’s reputation is buying established stars for big prices whereas arsenal’s is to buy young promising players and to make them into superstars, Fabregas, Anelka for example.

11.Revamp the training aspect of the game. Example, Arsenal in real life probably train with lots of work involved on first touch, one touch short passing game whereas Bolton, train more on set pieces, and direct, longer approach to the game.

12.Climate affects on the type of football played. Example, in hotter countries teams don’t tend to play as fast as they do in the premiership because of the heat and dehydration. So if you are manager of Liverpool and you play a fast high temp game and you go take over at Real Madrid, you can’t play to the same tempo because of the climate as players would just tire out too quickly.

13.Teams to stick to the philosophy of that country. Example in Italy the mentally is still a tighter marking more defensive approach to the game, whereas the premiership and England in general is faster direct football.

14.The domination of the champion’s league more linked to the strongest league in Europe. This is a difficult one to explain, but I think it makes sense. Example, in late 70’s and early 80’s English teams dominated the European cup. In the 90’s when serie a was the strongest league in Europe, Italian teams dominated the champions league. At the moment in fm07, English teams 8/10 times win the champion’s league season after season.

15.Copy the real life examples of the lack of tendency of top Italian, Spanish and English players to play out side their respective countries whereas French, Brazilian, Argentinian players have lots of players out side their native countries.

16.Regens. Too many regens have very poor physical stats. Their mental stats are better after patch 7.01 but their physical stats tend to be poor. In real life, players are much more athletic and quicker than they used to be 20 years ago and regens in fm07 some have good technical and mental stats but their physical are so bad that they never would be professional players in real life.

17.Computer controlled teams to try to copy successful tactics. For example if I play 4-3-1-2 in the premiership with a dedicated player maker in the hole and am successful and the majority of the league plays 4-4-2 then, computer controlled teams try to ape my formation and tactics to get success for themselves.

18.Computer controlled teams to mirror formations. This happens in real life a lot. Teams tend to mirror the formation of the opposition team for that particular game.

I agree with most of what you said, very good points, although it might be hard to implement some of it...

26-02-2007, 09:21
Originally posted by ScottM:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hargpatrik:

I very much doubt Managers IRL berate players for missing penalties..........Besides you can already talk to players at H/T and F/T in the teamtalk function......

And also in Player Interaction.........

Scott M </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if a player get's a rating of 8 and he misses a penalty in injury time when it's a tie and you really need a win, I get p****d off and if I say that he played rubbish he'd get upset because he actually had a good game but I still think that it was very bad to miss the penalty, especially if he's closer to the corner flag then I would get really upset but I can't do anything about it.

pdsteve77
26-02-2007, 10:54
Originally posted by Dayle Wood:

Example:

1. George Best 601
2. Eric Cantona 532
3. Dwight Yorke 511
4. Andy Cole 421
6. Ryan Giggs 300
7. Paul Scholes 223
9. Roy keane 184

Surely you are not trying to pass these figures off as real? George Best scored 600 league goals for Man Utd??? Keane 180???

Kox
27-02-2007, 03:21
I'd wish to have more options available in contract negotations for managers.

1.) Clubs should try to sign successful managers for the future. For example if Ottmar Hitzfeld is retiring at Bayern after the season Bayern should watch out for a replacement for him early on the ongoing the season.
Then they would for example offer Thomas Schaaf (manager of Werder Bremen) a contract for the next season.

Or if a manager doesn't completely fulfil expectations at his team then the club should also be looking to get a replacement for him FOR THE NEXTT SEASON as soon as possible.

As it is right now in the game if Alex Ferguson would retire at ManU on June 30th then they would look for a replacement from July 1st on. IRL a replacement would be signed much earlier to make sure that the future of the club is in save hands, new signings can be planned.

2.) Certain managers should have favourite staff members to work with them. IRL many managers ALWAYS work together with the same staff. When I negotiate a contract with a club I'd like to be able to demand certain staff members to be signed alongside me. Otherwise I won't sign.

3.) While negotiating a contract with a team for the next season I'd like to be able to give my potential new club a list of players they should try to bring in for me.
Then the board members would argue if these transfers would be realistic, possible for the club or not.
Based on their reaction I could decide whether I want to sign with the team or not.

This would especially be helful for the signing of players who are available on a free that I want to bring in for my future team.

4.) Discussing a short- and long-term strategy/ objective should be part of manager contract negotiations. Short term objectives would be to stay clear of relegation for next season for example. Long-term would more be about the team's philosophy as constantly building up young home grown talent or bringing in a world class player every season.

5.) Options to extend a manager's contract. For example if I sign a two year deal it could be including an option of an automatic extension for another season if I my team reaches a Champions league spot in the last year of the contract.
Or just "normal" club/manager options that allow to extent the contract at any time.

jonesington
27-02-2007, 08:58
surely they (SI) have previous db's from previous years FM or CM,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonesington:

Blimey, just how much work do you think it would take to populate a "World" db with all the players from the late 80's??

Sam00000000000001
27-02-2007, 09:25
1. Improved player interaction
2.Improved Chairman interaction
3.For your Chairman to give you expectations of where he wants the club to be in 5-10 years time.
4.When your the manager of a country you should get much more press and the fans should turn on you when you've not won for abit but love you when you win (England Fans)
5.To be able to see the manager icon on the Match screen.
6.International management should be improved in every way

27-02-2007, 11:40
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but tabbed browsing. It's a must in this and age.

Gingerbread Man
27-02-2007, 12:29
Short Term Contracts

I would like to see the return of the short term, weekly to week 'rolling' contracts that appeared in earlier versions of the series (Champ Man 2001-2002 for instance), and/or the ability to sign players on a non contract basis, with no compensation if you decide to release the player. This would be very helpful and very realistic when managing in the lower leagues, where most players are already registered on a non contract basis, and thus you can bring in and try out many players. It would be helpful as well as you could sign a player on an extended trial period as a non contract or a short term player. Look at Dean Gordon (Torquay), Danny Thomas (Hereford), Danny Cadamarteri (Leicester) and Danny Boshell (Grimsby) for examples of league clubs brining in non contract players.

georginho_juventusygr
27-02-2007, 13:23
Is this thread also for FM 08? http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Jelle Slaets
28-02-2007, 09:27
http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/8792009003

Sam00000000000001
01-03-2007, 10:42
Originally posted by georginho_juventusygr:
Is this thread also for FM 08? http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Yes

Sam00000000000001
01-03-2007, 10:44
I think it should show the away attendance at a game aswell because then you know how many of your fans travelled to the game. This should be affected by the distance between the clubs and whether midweek or not.

This shouldn't take much to add in(well not as big as other things being requested) but would be a nice little feature.

georginho_juventusygr
01-03-2007, 12:27
Originally posted by Sam00000000000001:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by georginho_juventusygr:

Yes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good. http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

What I want to see are the following.
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>A fight between supporters.
<LI>Supporters throw many things to the field.
<LI>I can speak with my captain during the throw in.
<LI>A fight between players, such as the last Carling Cup Final.
<LI>You can make a nickname for yourself.
[/list]

This is enough for now. I do think my ideas are crazy, but they make FM more realistic. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

J@sz
01-03-2007, 18:38
1. Improve the interaction between the manager and players between games and during games, ie having the ability to 'inlfuence play by 'encouraging' a certain player from the half way line. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

2. When being approached for a new job, being allowed to negotiate your management team a move as well.

3. Add conditions for certain players to be included in contract negotiations(this would illustrate a club's future ambitions)

4. It would be nice to spend your amassed fortune by investing in the club, even to the point of taking over as chairman.

5. Interacting with players shouldn't be a media thing. It should be kept in house.

6. The ability to customize an individual player instructions, rather than cutomized position instructions. these would be set , and changed, at your whim as you tune the player to the team system. The player instructions could be set whether the player is in the team or not allowing him to 'train' into them. This would also make the team a wee bit more dynamic, having Ronaldo play the same system as Fowler after a substition really doesn't cut it.

Kox
04-03-2007, 03:04
I'd wish to have more influence on my feeder clubs as for example spending money on the improvement of their training- and youth facilities.
It would also be nice to get monthly reports by the feeder club's manager about your loaned players.
Having influence on the feeder club's choice of staff (manager and coaches) would be another great feature.

The more money you invest into your feeder club the more power you should gain over its club policy. Spending money on a feeder club could furthermore increase your club's reputation as you would be considered to be generous then.

Sam00000000000001
04-03-2007, 03:09
Originally posted by Kox:
I'd wish to have more influence on my feeder clubs as for example spending money on the improvement of their training- and youth facilities.
It would also be nice to get monthly reports by the feeder club's manager about your loaned players.
Having influence on the feeder club's choice of staff (manager and coaches) would be another great feature.

The more money you invest into your feeder club the more power you should gain over its club policy. Spending money on a feeder club could furthermore increase your club's reputation as you would be considered to be generous then.

Great ideas especially the 1st one as its annoying that some of my feeders have poor youth facilities so produce about 1 decent player every 5 years. http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

Chasing Lamely
04-03-2007, 04:22

Agreed. Perhaps also withthe ability to send your coaches to feeder clubs with specific instructions, like to improve their coaching standards/work with their players, to report on their players or perhaps to learn new coaching methods even.

The_Jaguars
04-03-2007, 04:35

I'd like this alot.

And just generally improve regens and i'd be happy =]

Racatte
05-03-2007, 00:55
Hi !

Will the French CFA league be playable directly at the start of the game (And not only after being relegated from National) ?
I don't understand why this 4th French league is playable but not from the start (Newly manager can only choose between the 3 first league only)...

Thanks !

Moonmat
05-03-2007, 05:15
The "angry" option isn't enough in teamtalks. You should be able to "kick boot at eye" or "offer outside". That would be excellent.

Zoiberg
05-03-2007, 07:14
Some kind of "Exporting" rating for each nation or league. Leagues with higher rating (Argentina, Brazil) will have a lot of selling players, and a very low signing of foreign leagues players.

The ones with low rating (England, Spain, Italy) gonna have a lot of foreign signings, and few players going abroad.

05-03-2007, 07:49
I would like to see the following applied.

Recommendations Here (http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&f=521102691&m=4572027992)

Mr Ash
05-03-2007, 07:50
- Testimonials, players who become eligible become highlighted etc, then with list of their preferred opponents

- Add the Ryman Southern and Northern premiers.

- Youth tournaments and camps

- Youth academies – this could include players from 8 upwards

- Regens – improve physical stats

- Clubs able to open centres of excellence around the world

- Home and away tactics for when on holiday

- Media - Press Conference after important games

- Ability to call Press Conferences

- Taking staff with you when you move clubs

- More staff and player interaction.

- More interaction with the Captain

- Ability to start as player/manager i.e 28 years old then choose position and ability

- Manager trophy cabinet (with ability to add our own images)

- Longer training history

- More detailed set piece creation

- More say in who plays in reserve matches i.e. tell assistant to give a first team player a run out in next reserve game. Often I move players to reserve (especially my 2nd keeper) but the assistant never plays them.

- Improve supporters involvement i.e. the atmosphere is very hostile such as at Old Trafford – maybe this could be included in the scout report. Also supporters complain about style of play – crowds may drop if you play longball at West Ham.

- players/fans complaining to you about your tactics or what position they play

- campaigning on behalf of your player for awards/national team call-ups

That gives me an idea. Maybe when players first get created they don't have a position set and you can train them wherever you think they should play. I don't know if this would work better if all of the new players had empty positions or just some of them (or maybe it wouldn't work at all) but it would solve the slightly annoying problem of having too few youth players of a certain position get generated.

I agree totally with this – many young players play in lots of positions before they settle or the manager/coach decides which one they specialise in.

When regens are promoted to your under 18s I'd like the data on them to be better.

Arsenal as an example, should have an academy director (Liam Brady) as should other clubs with academy's.

Then, when new players are generated instead of just 'Player x has been highlighted as the best out of the current crop', I'd like to see media such as:

'4 of these players have been capped at England youth level, these are players w, x, y and z'

or,

'Player x is particularly talented and has captained England at under 16 level, whilst z, y and w have also played'

Good idea

duck my sick
05-03-2007, 11:06
Don't know if it's already been mentioned but at half and full time i would like to see overall team ratings out of 10 and also manager ratings.
It would be interesting to see what our average rating is as a manager throughout the season.

Sam00000000000001
06-03-2007, 09:38
Originally posted by Mr Ash:
- Testimonials, players who become eligible become highlighted etc, then with list of their preferred opponents

- Add the Ryman Southern and Northern premiers.

- Youth tournaments and camps

- Youth academies – this could include players from 8 upwards

- Regens – improve physical stats

- Clubs able to open centres of excellence around the world

- Home and away tactics for when on holiday

- Media - Press Conference after important games

- Ability to call Press Conferences

- Taking staff with you when you move clubs

- More staff and player interaction.

- More interaction with the Captain

- Ability to start as player/manager i.e 28 years old then choose position and ability

- Manager trophy cabinet (with ability to add our own images)

- Longer training history

- More detailed set piece creation

- More say in who plays in reserve matches i.e. tell assistant to give a first team player a run out in next reserve game. Often I move players to reserve (especially my 2nd keeper) but the assistant never plays them.

- Improve supporters involvement i.e. the atmosphere is very hostile such as at Old Trafford – maybe this could be included in the scout report. Also supporters complain about style of play – crowds may drop if you play longball at West Ham.

- players/fans complaining to you about your tactics or what position they play

- campaigning on behalf of your player for awards/national team call-ups

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That gives me an idea. Maybe when players first get created they don't have a position set and you can train them wherever you think they should play. I don't know if this would work better if all of the new players had empty positions or just some of them (or maybe it wouldn't work at all) but it would solve the slightly annoying problem of having too few youth players of a certain position get generated.

I agree totally with this – many young players play in lots of positions before they settle or the manager/coach decides which one they specialise in.

or,

Good idea </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree with all thse ideas.
Also

-To be able to set up training camps around the world.

-To have special youth days to pick up some great prospects

-Better interaction with Chairman/Fans/Captain/ass man/Youth players.

- To be able to agree to join a club at the end of the season rather than joining straight away.

-To have the Fans Favourite Player/s highlighted so you know who the fans favourite players are.

Juve4EVA
06-03-2007, 09:40
My idea is in player search have an option to search for players who are 'dubbed the new' zidane for e.g.

merlinzzz
06-03-2007, 10:16
First let me say I love FM2007 yes its harder than FM2006 but so is winning anything IRL. I would like to see in FM 2008 at the start of the season or when applying for a new job the option to give your views on the season ahead i.e

I think to stay in the league I need to completely rebuild the squad and need £xx million

I would like the stadium capacity increased.

I need £XX million to secure the title.

I think you get the idea the board would then come back with there own ideas.

Despite manager X wanting £xx Million the board feel £x million should ensure they stay in the league.

Also the option to loan people for 2/3 seasons it happens IRL.

Other than that I'm happy with what I've got, I remeber the 1st CM so lets all be Happy!

RJH10
07-03-2007, 08:11
Dunno if these ideas have been posted already because i couldn't be arsed reading all the 14 pages of posts but here's my £1's worth!

1. I would like to be able to search for players, then put them all on a shortlist so that i could instruct a scout to go and get me reports on them. This would be far faster and logical than having to click on each player an go get report card every time.

2. Training in warmer climates. This would be a great way to start pre-season training. This is obviously something that would be limited to richer clubs but it would be a quicker way of building up your teams strength and aerobic stats.

3. It would great to see big youth tournaments like the Milk Cup make an appearance as this would be a great way for clubs to get their hands on future stars.

4. If a player comes to your club on trial, a detailed report from the Assistant at the end of the trial would be very helpful and realistic.

5. Ability to make players train/play for reserves as Punishment for poor behaviour

6. Player interaction - Ability to set targets and targets for players every season like Fergie did with Ronaldo and managers do regularly. The bonus then would come out of your pocket rather than the clubs.

That's all for now.

Skat
08-03-2007, 07:21
Id like to see better media interaction when you leave a club.

For example:- 'i feel i had to leave as the board sold player x against my wishes' Or 'The chairman made it imposible for me to do my job as kept buying players i didnt want'

And also for the fans/players to kick up a fuss to the board when you do leave. (if you have done well that is)

Sanctimonius
08-03-2007, 07:51
I'd like to see an ability to ask the board to make the club go full-time when you manage a part time club. Oh, and definitely the option of paying your coaching staff more if your bank balance is rosy. Bloody board won't let me offer better than 40 quid a week, what staff member will sign a full-time for that!? http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

killswitch
09-03-2007, 07:58
Most of the things I would want hav probably already been said like longer loans, moving your backroom staff when you move clubs etc, but i would also like to be able to arrange transfers for Brazilian teenagers for when they turn 18 (like Utd with Fabio and Rafael frm Fluminense). I hate having to wait for Pat to turn 18 before I can sign him.

dougal95
09-03-2007, 08:06
my ideas

1. Trophy Room - pictures of the trophies you've won

2. 3D Stadium - SI should look at what Fifa Manager has done

3. Option for ticket prices - before each game you should be able to enter how much you want your fans to pay

Kox
09-03-2007, 08:19
@killswitch

Your requested option should be relatively easy to adapt to future versions of the game.

I'd like to be able to sign a player for the future not only for the next transfer window or at the end of the season.

For example if my scouts discover an outstanding 18-year old Brazilian teenager I might try to clinch a deal for him him directly but don't want to sign him to Europe before he turns 20 because I think he'll mature better if he stays in Brazil for another two seasons.
So I could negotiate a fee with his Brazilian team that would bring him to Europe in two years time but not already during the next transfer window or at the end of the current season.

This would make sense to me as it could save your team a lot of money if you sign a player before his reputation and his transfer value might increase heavily. On the other hand it would be a higher risk as you can never be sure of how very young players will turn out.

09-03-2007, 08:53
one thing i'd like to see in future versions is better commentary during matches.

e.g. player X scored from a right footed shot to the top left corner of the goal

instead of just seeing "he's delighted with that strike" all the time.

iantarver
09-03-2007, 10:45
A few suggestions i have are:

1. Squad numbers for international tournaments - like in real life

2. A reason for trying to get a better wage - i.e. whats the point at the moment of earning a high wage as a manager, perhaps a personal bank balance. Linked to this, compensation packages if you get fired.

3. International scouting - send assistant out to view form/ability of potential inclusions to an international squad

somebodyfresh
09-03-2007, 11:53
Originally posted by iantarver:

1. Squad numbers for international tournaments - like in real life

if you manage an u21 team in international tournaments you get squad numbers !!

Nick OGS20
09-03-2007, 18:52
Originally posted by dougal95:

3. Option for ticket prices - before each game you should be able to enter how much you want your fans to pay

what has this got to do with you as a manager? how much say do you think club managers have over stadium matters or ticket prices?

that sort of stuff is best left to fifa manager.

Dayle Wood
09-03-2007, 20:29
Originally posted by pdsteve77:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dayle Wood:

Example:

1. George Best 601
2. Eric Cantona 532
3. Dwight Yorke 511
4. Andy Cole 421
6. Ryan Giggs 300
7. Paul Scholes 223
9. Roy keane 184

Surely you are not trying to pass these figures off as real? George Best scored 600 league goals for Man Utd??? Keane 180??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No, I was just plucking them out of my head to use as an example! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I thought you might have realised that considering Luca Toni isn't currently playing for Man Utd. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Skat
10-03-2007, 01:31
Is anyone else sick of bigger clubs poaching your best coaches and scouts? I know this goes on IRL but its diong me head in.

West Ham kept coming for me best coach and so i would also offer him a new contract, he signs a new deal with me, but no sooner has he done that, West Ham have come in for him again.

This kept going on until i couldnt be arsed nee more. I think backroom staff should be tied in to contracts for at least 3 months from signing or something like that coz its doing me head in!!!!!!

10-03-2007, 07:03
Just a minor change but i miss not being able to sign players on a month to month contract. It was great when you were a lower team to do this so you could try out players in the league. Instead you've got to sign them for the rest of the season and if you havent got a big wage budget you can end up stuck with a player that simply doesnt preform and not enough money to replace him

10-03-2007, 07:13
Also i would like to see a 'loan back' option when trying to sign a player.

Say for example you spot a decent youngster who is playing regularlly for his club it would be good if you could buy him on the condition that he is loaned back to that club for the ret of the season.

rc81_fcp
10-03-2007, 07:26
What about new tricks??

Players with lots of flair and "tries tricks" should make amasing tricks like ronaldinho or cristiano ronaldo...

sifrow
10-03-2007, 07:35
Originally posted by lloydy_wales:

Say for example you spot a decent youngster who is playing regularlly for his club it would be good if you could buy him on the condition that he is loaned back to that club for the ret of the season.

I often do that with players I buy from affiliates (if there is a loan option).

Or I try to use the "end of season" option, although the price is often much higher, or the club just flat out refuses.

somebodyfresh
11-03-2007, 03:33
wouldn't it make more sense that if you buy a player in january, and arrange the transfer for end of season, that they automatically count as being on loan from you at the club you bought them from ? would just look nicer !

also, can players have 'experience' bars, the same way we have knowledge bars? so you can see if a player has a lot of european or english league experience if that makes sense ? there should be more examples of players never adapting to a league as well, as at the moment, any player you buy from any league seems to have a reasonable chance of success. I wanna see someone sign a mateja kezman type player, who was awesome in his own league, but pants in england.

I also would like to be able to discuss international obligations with a player, I've played a game where tim cahill was out for four months, he just came back and was called up for australia ! where he promptly picked up an injury http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I wanna be able to say "don't rush back to play this game as it could affect your future."

can the media also speculate on player signings that are completely untrue? at the moment they'll speculate from your shortlist, it'd be cool to get something where a newspaper says you've nearly wrapped up a deal for a player, and your players get upset at the competition, despite the fact it's untrue like in real life !!

I'd also like to explain why players are missing matches, say for instance "I'm trying to keep you 100% for the Chelsea game" or "if you're not going to sign a new contract, you're not going to play"

DarthInsinuate
11-03-2007, 03:42
Far too much to read through. I wonder if anyone from SI will actually get round to reading half of these ideas. Anyway:

Option to skip goal celebrations and the line after line after line of commentary whenever someone scores.

Option to skip players strolling halfway across the pitch for the referee to give them a yellow card.

Option to decide who scouts compare players to, what position they assess them for, and what attributes you consider more important. For example you can ask your scouts to favour central midfielders with high defensive attributes rather than creative attributes.

Option to view attributes using polygon rather than numbers by default.

Option to search for players using polygon.

DarthInsinuate
11-03-2007, 03:44
My god, this thread is old.

Dayle Wood
11-03-2007, 03:52
Originally posted by DarthInsinuate:
My god, this thread is old. Yeah I think I requested a 2D match engine back on page 3 http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Chasing Lamely
11-03-2007, 05:59
Originally posted by lloydy_wales:

I agree with that, perhaps even loan him untila set date beyond the end of the season - so if you find a good 16, 17 year old who is playing regularly at his club you can loan him to them for a couple of seasons to get the experience, just so they aren't rotting in your reserves after season one because your struggling to get offers for him.

Greg Beckett
11-03-2007, 13:01
Just C+P from another topic.

I doubt this is an original request, but it is top of my priority list for future improvements.

I like to manage clubs that are in the top league, but are strugglers. So with a small transfer and wage budget normally, the solution to bringing in players is loans.

Now when it comes to January, this should be my salvation in the game. Free transfers galore. Yet because the loan wages are counted in the wage bill, it restricts my offer. In real life, a chairman would realise by the time these players come into the club, all my loanee's would be gone, which can free up a good bit extra in my wage budget, easily enough to give a decent wage to one or two players in January. But this is not the case in the game. It's not just free transfers, but those that you click to occur at the end of the season too.

I don't know how hard this would be to code in, but surely it's something that needs improving to make it more realistic?

norwichaggy
11-03-2007, 15:17
This is something I've posted on another thread and I think could work well and i'd personally love it.

When I'm planning my set piece routines at the moment, I draw out on a piece of paper where I'm going to have all my players going. So why don't we have this in the game?

It would be easy enough to do. The screen could look like the tactics screen. You could drag your players where you want them and then have Rarrows or whatever showing them where you want them to run.

This would mean you're not just telling people to "attack front post" etc. but can get your pyayers dragging defenders out of position and having someone else running into the space etc. like a team would have IRL.

I think the whole "set pieces" side of things is very basic at the moment. Some teams IRL base their whole game around them (Bolton for example) but on here you can't really get one that is very realistic and well thought through.

You could then also get defensive routines as well. For example i could line all my players up on the edge of the box from a freekick and give them all FArrows with an option for "run out when ball's played". This would try and get the opposition offside and I think would add a lot of realism to the game AND add to the training schedules as well as you could get it so the routines are "learned" by your team after ppracticing it for a certain amount of time.

For example in the in-game menu you could have a drop down menu with set pieces option 1-5. You could name your routine practiced in training. After a week or two, this could appear on the screen and you can put it to full effect in the match.

These are just quick ideas that I've thought of recently, whilst setting up my set piece routines on 07. At the moment, they're pretty basic and useless IMO.

sheriffpatgarrett
12-03-2007, 06:44
Don´t know if it´s been mentioned, but, the players should be able to ask, during contract negotiations, for a eg. Premiership-clause. If he´s playing at a lower level then he should be allowed to move clubs if the one's coming in for him is of Premiership status. A bit like Minimum-fee, but still not!

Doctor Who
12-03-2007, 07:20
Scout reports on own players:
Scouting own players (http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/6022076303)
You should be able to get at least the same details for your own players that a scout can provide on a complete stranger.

12-03-2007, 07:50
I dont know if this has been mentioned because couldnt be bothered to read through 15 or so pages. But I was thinking a player tracking system or something where say your ass man kept a track one of your players during the period of say 5 games and gave you a very deatailed report about him in that amount of time or if his on trail he could give you a report if his good or not andi f his fitting into the team. Also there could be a tutorial for begginers starting at a decent League 2 team and lead them through their first match. What do you think?

iantarver
12-03-2007, 13:24
i think i would also like to be able to ask my physio for a report when a player gets injured in the game. Not so much for when they are stretchered off but for when they have the little green injury cross. Just a note from the physio saying "he's ok to continue" or "see how he gets on for 10mins" etc. it happens in real life and shouldnt be too hard to implement will it?

mattyb153
12-03-2007, 14:18
i would like to pick the squad of the U21's international team instead of the game doing it for me,, and also to be able to play with U19's.

And I think Sepp Blatter should be in the game, where he makes up ridiculous new rules and implements them. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

RJH10
12-03-2007, 17:46
I'd like to see the board/fans/media recognise managerial milestones like your first, 50th, 100th game in charge etc.

Blackmama
13-03-2007, 01:15
Originally posted by RJH10:
I'd like to see the board/fans/media recognise managerial milestones like your first, 50th, 100th game in charge etc.

They do mention your 300th, 500th and 1000th game in charge.

Blackmama
13-03-2007, 01:15
Originally posted by Doctor Who:
Scout reports on own players:
Scouting own players (http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/6022076303)
You should be able to get at least the same details for your own players that a scout can provide on a complete stranger.

Completely agree http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

somebodyfresh
13-03-2007, 05:13
Originally posted by Blackmama:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RJH10:

They do mention your 300th, 500th and 1000th game in charge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they in fact do mention your 100th game in charge too

Ra_Owner
13-03-2007, 06:07
http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/8382057203

Microwave
13-03-2007, 06:21
Originally posted by norwichaggy:
This is something I've posted on another thread and I think could work well and i'd personally love it.

When I'm planning my set piece routines at the moment, I draw out on a piece of paper where I'm going to have all my players going. So why don't we have this in the game?

It would be easy enough to do. The screen could look like the tactics screen. You could drag your players where you want them and then have Rarrows or whatever showing them where you want them to run.

This would mean you're not just telling people to "attack front post" etc. but can get your pyayers dragging defenders out of position and having someone else running into the space etc. like a team would have IRL.

I think the whole "set pieces" side of things is very basic at the moment. Some teams IRL base their whole game around them (Bolton for example) but on here you can't really get one that is very realistic and well thought through.

You could then also get defensive routines as well. For example i could line all my players up on the edge of the box from a freekick and give them all FArrows with an option for "run out when ball's played". This would try and get the opposition offside and I think would add a lot of realism to the game AND add to the training schedules as well as you could get it so the routines are "learned" by your team after ppracticing it for a certain amount of time.

For example in the in-game menu you could have a drop down menu with set pieces option 1-5. You could name your routine practiced in training. After a week or two, this could appear on the screen and you can put it to full effect in the match.

These are just quick ideas that I've thought of recently, whilst setting up my set piece routines on 07. At the moment, they're pretty basic and useless IMO.

definitely should be included. great idea. it surely can't be that difficult to code in because, like you say, it would be similar to the tactics screen.

sheriffpatgarrett
13-03-2007, 11:26
Extra bonuses (mostly for LLM) for players should a cup-meeting with a big club occur. The gate receipts will be split into half as everyone know, and this could give a small club a huge financial addition, which in turn, could partly be handed out to the lower league team's players, as a bonus for helping the club making it that far in the Cup.

This would affect morale and maybe a few games performances and players' love for the club.

This could all depend on how generous the chairman who owns the club is!

treen007
13-03-2007, 13:24
I would love to be able to send my scouts to scout my affiliates players. Especially if I get first dibs on their youngsters. You used to be able to scout a single club. but it seems to be missing in FM07.

I never used it in earlier games, but now with the affiliates I really need it, everytime I get an offer to match bid, I have no idea if I should or not, because by the time I get a scout report its too late!

Saumyajit
15-03-2007, 07:57
one definite improvement for FM 2008 is to be able to allocate part of the wage budget to transfer and vice versa midway through the season. i think this happens very often in real life.

what happens now is you can't plan for a wage budget and a transfer budget. an example is, i need a midfielder for next season, and i have 0.5 million for that. now what might happen is i get a good midfielder for 1 million, but the wage he asks is way below my wage budget. in such situations wasking the board to increase transfer funds does not help, although i might be 1 million under my wage budget and the player is asking for 0.5 million per annum. in this case what a real life manager would do is fund the 0.5 million transfer deficit by using 0.5 million from the wage budget. but fm does not let us do it.

Lemming
15-03-2007, 13:26
On a players profile id like to see a "report" page (prolly best in misc with Notes) which would list all the reports generated for that player

Training
Scout
Coach
Physio
Ass.Man

etc.

Id also like to see a little more info in some of those reports, ie Ass.Man training report runs to "decent member of the squad" atm, id like to see "has worked hard in training this season but is unlikely to progress any further"

2p

chrishunt1212
16-03-2007, 06:58
One little thing that I would like is when starting a new game, if I wanted to retain players from a particular country or countries, we have to select them one at a time from a long list.

I would like it if they were either: -

In a list but separated into regions/continents (also the ability to select more than one at once by holding down Ctrl)

or

Like when you are choosing leagues, have filters that would remove unwanted countries

chrishunt1212
16-03-2007, 07:11
The other thing is when looking at a players history it only shows league appearances and goals. Would some sort of filter to include or exclude goals and appearances in other competitions be difficult to implement?

Alex Bevan
16-03-2007, 07:31
Unsure if this has been covered before, but how about a save game log.

Next time someone claims they dont cheat but end up winning every league and cup, they can prove this with a screenie that shows one save per month for example than say two per week.

sheriffpatgarrett
16-03-2007, 13:31
Players can injure themselves by colliding with other players. I haven't seen a player get injured in a collision with a teammate, maybe that could be implemented.

Just brainstorming here, so no flaming small ideas please http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Lemming
16-03-2007, 18:31
Id like to see an improvement made to the tactics screen, specifically for the Individual Instructions.

It would be better if they were actually located on the player profile as they are meant to be specific for that player, and then loaded from there if the player is selected in the starting 11+subs

eg 2 MC's
MC1
Passing 15
Crossing 15
Finishing 7
Longshots 6

MC2
Passing 9
Crossing 8
Finishing 12
Longshots 18

Obviously the II's for Longshots, Throughballs & Crossing Instructions need to be different for each of the MC's, but at the moment if you sub MC1 for MC2 and forget (in the heat of the game) to alter the II's in the tactics window your game is going to suffer from that point.

Although it means increasing the database size slightly due to more stored data, it will help when customising the standard tactics to suit your team better.

+2p

wout
16-03-2007, 19:44
In the early days of CM/FM, you could see in your upper bar with the positions if a player was selected but unavailable (the position became red iirc).
This was very handy when using the unavailable-filter (so you don't have to turn on/off your filters constantly), but the feature dissapeared one day... So my simple question: can it come back in future versions?

Chasing Lamely
16-03-2007, 21:23
Originally posted by somebodyfresh:also, can players have 'experience' bars, the same way we have knowledge bars? so you can see if a player has a lot of european or english league experience if that makes sense ? there should be more examples of players never adapting to a league as well, as at the moment, any player you buy from any league seems to have a reasonable chance of success. I wanna see someone sign a mateja kezman type player, who was awesome in his own league, but pants in england.

Have to agree. What's the first thing Championship clubs do upon promotion to the Premiership? They sign experienced Permier League players. So why is it that, I get prooted, I sign experienced premiership players (Butt, Giggs, Sheringham, Stone, for example) and they still can't perform. I know they're all getting on a bit and have lost some ability, but shouldn't their experience count for something in a 'whole team' sense? If I've got 7 youngsters and those four, shouldn#'t their experience galvanise the squad? Instead, all that happens is the game sees them as 'bad players' and penalises me for it.

sheriffpatgarrett
17-03-2007, 02:15
Originally posted by wout:
In the early days of CM/FM, you could see in your upper bar with the positions if a player was selected but unavailable (the position became red iirc).
This was very handy when using the unavailable-filter (so you don't have to turn on/off your filters constantly), but the feature dissapeared one day... So my simple question: can it come back in future versions?

I´d also like to see the position become red when a player is selected!

sheriffpatgarrett
18-03-2007, 12:23
A very small thing is to implement, under Player Profile -> History - > Injuries, which team the player played for during his injuries, at the right of "Received". It could be useful. Maybe http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

edrock85
18-03-2007, 14:20
Two things for when u start a game:
1. And also during the patch updates have all the transfer window signings go through on the actual date they signed for the club like a future transfer. When Matthew Upson scored the winner against me for West Ham when IRL at that time he wouldn't have been playing for them it really ****ed me off!

2. Smaller budgets at the start of the game for each team. It should be taken into account that most teams have done their spending without being able to sign another load of players. I.e. Chelsea signed Daniel Alves, Cambiasso and Adriano b4 the start of the season after buying Cole, ballack, Shevchenko etc.

edrock85
18-03-2007, 14:22
Oh and 1 more, stop having games postponed so close to kick off for things such as international duty!

Marko 7
18-03-2007, 20:54
1. The regens/freds should be created in the game on the base of already existing players. Like you get a youngster that plays a MR and he is touted to be the next David Beckham, he actually becomes Beckham but under a different name, nationality. (i hope u understand the point i want to make.)

2. To be able to give individual tactic-instructions to the player, not to the position. (i know this has been asked a million times from diferent people and probably will be implemented in next game.)

3. When a patch is released with the transfer window, the transfers should go through on the actual dates. And a great addition to this would be to be able to cancel the future-transfers at the club you're managing, maybe I don't want to sign Vidic and Evra in January (an example from FM06)

4. Details of various league and international records and club history so u can see how your team and players are doing compared to the records and club history.

5. To be able to talk to the chairmen and ask him for a minimal raise in the transfer budget when you are desperate to sign a player that costs 10 milion, and you only have 9.

6. More answer-options for the media (more media build up before important matches).

7. Team-talks, four team-talks: one at the start of the game, second at the half-time, third for the second half and fourth for the whole game. (like when you say at the start of the game "I expect a win", you are down 2:0 at halftime and you say "You better shape up or ship-out", then you finish losing the game 2:1 but your team has played their hearts out u should be able to comment on the secong half as "YOu were great, but we we're unlucky" and to give a whole match impression "You messed it up, it better not happen again".)

8. Substitution player-talk like "Go there and don't let player X out of your sight". And the things you say to the players in team-talks and sub.-player talks actually have some reasonable effect on the players not only: "Nothing specified" and "Didn't seem to be listening".

9. Every nation has a special style of playing football. You manage in Serie A and the teams play defensive, low-pace football, when you play in Premiership the teams play typical English direct, fast-pace football.

10. When you start as manager you should be able to make your own history playing and managing.

11. You're buying a young great player at 16-17 that is regular in his own team, there should be a posibility to offer the club you're buying from to have the player on loan for 1 or 2 seasons to get some first-team action.

12. Teams that already bought 2-3 high profile players during the summer, should not be able to spend 90-100 milion dollars for buying yet another 1-2 great players when u start the game. Even Abramovich knows when to quit.

13. To be able to vote for player of the year, and the posibillity to be asked to be a manager for the World XI for some charity, celebration, testimonial or special games.

14. To discuss the board/fans expectations on meetings and ability to call a press conference and more interaction with the fans.

15. To be able to discuss a contract with another club (secretly if it's not illegal) and the posibillity the contract to begin at the start of the next season, leaving you to finish your current season.

16. Telling your player that he is under-performing should not be a media thing and more interaction with the captain.

17. A better assistant manager in every possible aspect.

Marko 7
18-03-2007, 21:03
Forgot to add this in previous thread.

I don't see anyone from SI giving comments to the stuff we "wish for" so I wonder if any of these ideas would get to them.

P.S
To the guys at SI, don't rush into announcing a bugged-FM08...

Xeroxax
19-03-2007, 09:24
Imagine this. Looking for some freebies on the transfer market, theres loads right? How do you know who's good enough?

I was thinking as well as an "Ask assistant to filter unrealistic targets"

Maybe to add an "Ask assistant to filter out targets not good enough for the club"

Would save a lot of time tbh.

Firl™
19-03-2007, 14:05
I'd like for Si not to use Java as the installer.

Just being selfish here, cause I'm currently having problems installing the bloody game.

perpetua
19-03-2007, 14:44
I had mentioned this for earlier versions but it would be fantastic to be able to export a standard set of competition statistics in html format, specifically for online games.

A good example of this is available for OOTP where the game exports (1) a one page report on each player, including attributes, history, positions etc. (2) League standings, (3) League Leaders (ie. in goals, assists, tackles etc.).

Also, how about a standalone match engine designed specifically for online gaming. For example, those who are in nations with relatively unstable internet connections or those who don't have the time for a long term game often create tournaments by starting games and playing friendlies prior to the season to complete their tournament fixtures.

An alternative to this could be the creation of a standalone match engine where the engine only loads the players from the database for two selected teams to play out a 90 minute match. Perhaps this one is somehwat out of FM's core philosophy but it would be great service to those who can't get into long term online games for one reason or another.

Finally, I would love to see a post match analysis conducted by the assistant managers. This could serve as feedback on the past match and give an idea to the human manager on their mistakes during the match. Instead of whining on here about how the AI scummed them, the assistant could potentially give tips on what was wrong with the gameplan used by the human manager...

Mitja
20-03-2007, 08:14
Originally posted by norwichaggy:

These are just quick ideas that I've thought of recently, whilst setting up my set piece routines on 07. At the moment, they're pretty basic and useless IMO. Yp!!! And that should also stand for many other tactical ideas in the game. Like shooting free kicks (corners like, close and longe range)....

Mitja
20-03-2007, 08:33
18. Maybe more difficult levels of the game.
19. Prepering your team for next match. Positionog your players on the pitch like in real life.
20. Players match inteligence is not good enough. Especially their movement.
21.More differenc between players; for example: everybody is able to control a 70 meters ball on the slippery conditions???-----
22. More plazers mistakes during match ...

LARulz
20-03-2007, 08:33
When/If you resign from a club you should be asked why etc

Mitja
20-03-2007, 09:42
Originally posted by Nick OGS20:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dougal95:

what has this got to do with you as a manager? how much say do you think club managers have over stadium matters or ticket prices?

that sort of stuff is best left to fifa manager.

He he U got that right!!!

jimbo22
20-03-2007, 09:51
Without reading through 15 pages.

Player Agents are the next must. Agents play a huge part in the world of football.

Sammy87
20-03-2007, 10:33
On the Scout's Reports screen add a filter check box that only display's players scouted on the current trip.

Mitja
20-03-2007, 10:33
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mitja:
18. Maybe more difficult levels of the game.
19. Prepering your team for next match. Positionog your players on the pitch like in real life.
20. Players match inteligence is not good enough. Especially their movement.
21.More differenc between players; for example: everybody is able to control a 70 meters ball on the slippery conditions???-----
22. More plazers mistakes during match ...
23. Too many goals are scored per game. I am not saying that best teams do not score many, like United this season, but if U look at statistics 1 goal per match is an average...
24. Far too less goals are scored by midfielders (Lampard scored 5 goals in 2 seasons I am playing, Juninho also had extremly poor seasons???!!) But this problem has got to do with players movement on the pitch--------------
25. Yes movement!!! Well.... it sucks. I understand that each palyer has his position but it does not mean that left winger should not try to find his way through centre from time to time especially if U dont play really crosing game/ having right footed left winger- (I used to think that was "cuts inside"). Maybe there should be something like tactical/positional discipline in Tactical Instructions.
Centre backs dont get forward never??? They should when they steal the ball and try a
counter attack.
Full backs: even when playimg all out attack they are way too back where they should be. It is imposibile to make modern attacking 4-4-2 formation which transforms to 2-4-4.
So here is suggestion-maybe there should be a attacking formation ad a defensive one (in reallity u can play 4-4-2 as your defens. formation and 1-1-8 as attacking, if U would want to, but it would be extremly comlicated). U should be able to "draw" to a player where to stand (as it once was in CM long time ago).
Midfielders: There movement is the best actually only when U play them with devensive mebtality and in deep formation they should take care more of opponents strikers and on the ither hand when playing them attacking they should ordinate more like forwards ------ (until they tire http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ).
Forwards: One think I would really love is to see Rooney chasing his opponent who stole him ball from one goal to another and then getting the yellow card for a foul. And maybe Ronaldo byting his nailes in the centre while Emerson is trying to catch Ronaldos centre back who just got past him http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SMCY
20-03-2007, 11:33
Semi Pro

Posted 29 May 2006 20:11 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
The Cypriot League.

I go there on holiday a lot and have looked into the league. Its a decent standard, some decent players playing out there. The teams perform better in Europe than some other leagues in the game. In general, its better than the likes of Iceland, Belarus, Finland, Wales, N.Ireland and Ireland and on a par with some others like Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary etc. (Although I understand some of these leagues are included because there is a strong market and more people buy the game in these countries than in Cyprus).

Seconded . The level of football is not among the best but is good .(Comparable with Belgium , Greece ) What astonishes me is while Cyprus national division A teams and players were researched quite accurately by several researchers and all the players stats are there Si refuses to enable the division for reasons i can not understand . Sad.

2)Ticket prices , merchentise increased by signing Asians . The more ways there are to control the financial situation the better. However the Ticket price change should be limited by each club by allowing diferent variables. Example ( 35$-45$ for chelsea a different variable for Manchester United)

3) Data issues . I think there should be what i call objectivity and more balance between different leagues. Leagues player's shouldn't be overrated nor underrated because of the League they are playing . Obviously players that play in top leagues are elevating their game because they face harder opposition but that doesn't mean player a plays on league a so he is worse than player b that plays on league b. Researchers should be able to recognise how the quality of a different league affects the player since it is possible that a great player may play in not the best league. I also want more detail in the Spanish , Italian and others leagues.

4) Training . The current system is horrible.
Only players under 24 improve now . That shouldn't be the case , depending on the player they can improve/learn even after that age . That shouldn't be as usual but it should still remain an option. Furthermore i want a more dynamic feel between training - stats and actual performance(match engine) . I want my striker that had amazing form and scored showing good composure in the last six game and he is training in those areas to improve in those areas. I also want training to have more to do with tactics than now.

5) More media options (without having the Media always interfering) regarding players and of course the board . Other than results they may also criticize your tactics or the way the team is playing (too defensive etc). Also other than takeovers it is possible that new money comes in from new board members witout creating a crisis or a media outbreak .

Criticisms aside i loved all the latest Fm (until Fm 2007) and i believe that Si will do a good job. But i do think the above are somewhat vital and should be some day implemented.

Ackter
20-03-2007, 11:41
SMCY - you're wrong about training. Players over 24 do improve in the game, just at a slower rate then players under 24. The current system is the most realistic yet - it doesn't have the stupid attribute boosts that the old training systems had. CA and PA actually mean something in FM07, they meant little in 06 and previous because of the training boosts.

SMCY
20-03-2007, 12:09
Originally posted by Ackter:
SMCY - you're wrong about training. Players over 24 do improve in the game, just at a slower rate then players under 24. The current system is the most realistic yet - it doesn't have the stupid attribute boosts that the old training systems had. CA and PA actually mean something in FM07, they meant little in 06 and previous because of the training boosts.

Well i am not going to repeat my last answer so we can expand the discussion in different directions than the other topic. I will just say that if you read my suggestions on the matter they don't have much to do with the older system. Workloads are good but i want a more dynamic control over training. I want to have the actual matches to be another way of training . i want to have the players learn corners tricks , flair decisions , passing etc through training depending on a new coaches system .(An other "true " idea is that training performance should be improved by having more technical players when training passing) In the end i want the tactical and training to merge (not entirely) but in a way that each parameter affects the other in the way real life happens and i believe it can be implemented in a game like this too.

Ackter
20-03-2007, 13:04
I've made quite a few lenghtly posts in the past about merging tactics and training, so I think we're on a similar wavelength about which way we'd like it to progress.

Mitja
20-03-2007, 15:05
4) Training . The current system is horrible.
Only players under 24 improve now . That shouldn't be the case , depending on the player they can improve/learn even after that age . That shouldn't be as usual but it should still remain an option. Furthermore i want a more dynamic feel between training - stats and actual performance(match engine) . I want my striker that had amazing form and scored showing good composure in the last six game and he is training in those areas to improve in those areas. I also want training to have more to do with tactics than now.

-------------------------------------------------

I totaly agree with youabout training thing. Players who play regulary should improve no matter how old they are.
Thing that bothers me is how they improve. I belive that stats like stamina, strenght, work rate...should improve all the time as person grows (everybody is stronger when he is 29 then 19 years old) but pace and accelaration is differnent. That should SI have in mind.
Another strange thing in training is that is absolutly in-active. We do nothing!!! In Europe coaches (managers) do train their squad. It would be nice to have option for preperation for next match, making a game plan (even include your skipper and few more players in that, like in reality). I think that would bring a hole new dimension to the game. And I also belive that winning matches should be more hard. (Sorry everybody who disagree!!!)

One more thing about improvement that you were mentioning. Maybe players should not improve so quickly. The solution might be in morale and form (which I think are "allmost useless" right now). I will give a example or two: we all know that Adriano is a great player but he is really struggling right now. We can say that his morale is really really low. In the game he plays normally he scores a few goals and everything is normal again. That should not be the case, morale snould not change so quickly becouse things are more complicated in life. On the other hand we have the case of Zlatan Ibrahimović who was a great talent but just needed time to adopt his temerament to Serie A football. Now he is playing the game of his life.
I know that it is just a game but it would be awesome to see things like that in FM08.

Mitja
20-03-2007, 15:45
Another thing!!! (yeah I am boring)

Ball is to slow!! The power of passes are all alike!!!

I dont see any difference when player is tired!!

Player runs (dribling) are like everybody is Cristiano or Messi. I am playing with Newcastlle and Martins is making runs which are making Maradona envy!!! He scored 24 goals last season he was player of the year...... Unbelivible!!! Huge bug...

milkman191
20-03-2007, 15:54
I think Matches should be played in 3D.

But you have a choice if you want to watch a match in 3D or in the old classic way like in 2006 and 2007.

Mitja
21-03-2007, 03:00
One thing that made me quit playing FM right now is that David Jarolim won World Player of the Year Award!!!!????? Well I am sure he is outstanding player....but it is just too much for me....lack of determination I know...PLEASE MAKE IT NOT TO HAPPEN PLEASE!!!!

3D stadioum???? No way...waste of money and time!!!!

sheriffpatgarrett
21-03-2007, 07:14
Why is it that AI clubs almost always or very often value a certain player of yours at the same amount? Numerous times the offers received are of the same amount or only "arrange friendly" with the money being £0 from three or four clubs.

What I mean is that it would be better if the AI´s original value of a player would fluctuate more.

Mitja
21-03-2007, 11:13
A T T R I B U T E S

Maybe I am wrong but I believe that attributes of players are not "seen" on the pitch. At least not all of them. Yes it is no problem to find out who is strong player, quick, good jumper, (too)good dribler and maybe we could find some more attributes that are "seeable".
Well I believe that majority of attrributes (especialy mental ones) just cannot be seen in the match. Examples:
I would really like to know if aneybody recognised a midfielder who was just too tired to get back to help his defense or stoped running after his player becouse he was too jadded. I know there is an indicator that tells us that the player is coming near 70% of his condition level but on the pitch they are all Gattusos. Than, striker who played whole game (3rd in 10 days!!) is often able to pass 3 or 4 defenders without a problem in 80th minute!!! Just cannot happen IRL!! Well meeybe once a season in every league.
It really ****es me off (can I say that http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif ) that Frank Lampard (or Juninho) scored only 6 goals in 2 seasons, I played??? And I am really not a Chelsea fan. That has to be fixed!! Another ecample: I have problems with awey games and my team just cannot score even if I play on counters. With Martins, Owen, Dyer and Duff in the squad. That should make Newcastlle one of the fastest teams. On the other hand at St. James they continously win. Maybe I am not Cappelo but still believe that at home where all teams play very defensive and narrow against us, Owen and especially Martins just would not find needed space that suites their football style but they are having no problem dribbling 2,3 and 4 defenders!!! All I want to say is that than it should come to Lampard and guys from behind to score in such situations. Take Arsenal for example. They are playing best football ever but just cannot score. Why?? Becouse they are not shooting on goal they want to come with ball in goal and becouse they make their opponents to consolidate so much that there is no space for ball to pass.
Bravery, aggresion, teamwork, work rate. There is no difference on the pitch between Rooney and Ronaldo. They are both pressing their opponents with same intensity (and Im not talking about World Cup final), both of them will not pass to an open team mate in scoring oppurtunity (or invente some even more stupid decisions), they both run allmost same kilometers in the match. OK Ronney will have 15 more tackles at the end of season. But I think these kind of stuff really isnt hard to fix. Same things go for creativity, positioning, off the ball, passing... Example: at the end of my first season players leading in assists in Newcastlle were: 1. Martins 17 ass (plus 24 goals, do I have to say he was Player of the Year), Duff (set piece taker!!) 10 ass, Bramble and Sibierski 6 ass, Babayaro, Dyer, Taylor 5, Parker, Hoyte and Emre 4 ass. And I allways thought that Emre is something of a playmaker. Just cant be possible IRE!!!
Generally I think that attributes are too good on the pitch. I havent seen yet a goalkeeper to kick ball to row z after defender passed him back a 45 meter ball. Someone who has techniqe rate 11 looks almost as good like having 17. IRE even Cristiano isnt able to control the ball every time he wants on the line, when its wet. These kind of things (little mistakes, not controling the ball really well, not the best passes, ball bouncing off players...) would bring much more inpredicability to the FM, just like IRE.

P.S.
Im not trying to say that the game is awfull. I really like it. Been playing it since first series of CM (I remember than, all you had to do to win Champions League was to bring *timac, Bilić, Asanović and Računica from Hajduk. After that it was easy.)

My deep respect to the SI squad!!!!!

Evon
21-03-2007, 12:23
I do get very annoyed with my squad at times. I feel like blasting them in public not just in the dressing room like managers do irl. Unfortunately it's not possible in FM-you can yell at them individually but they get pretty annoyed and I don't like singling players out. What I'd like is an option to Criticise the whole team's performance and give them a bit of a rollicking if you like in public. I don't feel the team talk is effective enough to make them see just how crap they've played. Perhaps there could be a journalist asking how you rated your team's performance. Then I could also tell them that 'you played crap and won but I'm still not happy' or 'you played brilliantly and deserved to win, well done guys' or 'you did OK I'm not too happy but I'm not angry either'. The team talk is simply not good enough for this type of thing. They don't even listen half the time. I can only tell them 'I'm delighted', 'I'm pleased', 'I'm sympathetic', 'I'm disappointed' or 'I'm angry'. Basically if you are annoyed with the way they played after scraping a win you can't say 'I'm angry' or 'I'm disappointed' because they'll start getting unhappy. I'd like to yell at them enough to make them realise that they have to buck up their ideas but not enough for them to get unhappy about it. A happy medium if you like.

james4624
21-03-2007, 12:25
i don't know if this idea has already been mentioned, but i would like to see coach reports that are as detailed as the scout reports are in fm2007 because i dont realy gain anything from finding that my player is 'a decent member of the squad.'

Evon
21-03-2007, 13:21
Yep that's been mentioned before, perhaps not in here but in other threads.

Canado
21-03-2007, 13:41
No bugs, kill them all. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Mitja
21-03-2007, 14:36
Player interaction is pretty primitive by now. I almost never interact with other managers becouse there is no point in saying same things time after time (and know the consequences). I belive the pre match questions affect players morale just little too much. I really dont know why should a player feel nerveous about comming game if you say "we can win if we play to our best". He would if you say into the media that you expext of him to score a hattrick. Best solution right now is to say nothing (at least if your team morale is ok).
IRL allmost all media stuff is for ordinary poeople and I dont believe that Gerard would feel depresed if some joirnalist wrote smth bad about him and he knows its not true. Media stuff should have to deal with fans who want to hear stories for pumping up atmosphere . They wont tolerate a mannager who doesnt speak to the media especialy if in top clubs. Of course it is important aspect of the game.
I think interwiews with you and players must take place in next FM as well as media conferences before and after matches.
There should be in-game interaction where you could yell, praise, cool down your players for every important accident during a match.
Also I would like to see that you cold be able to show to your players in training what they done wrong in previous match (bad positionig, movement, closing down, passing...). That would be nice interacion with your players and you would actually train them.

BathPalace
23-03-2007, 15:20
Whilst on player interaction I'd like the ability to communicate with international players and their managers when manager of a national side.

So you argue over release problems, injuries - you could suggest player move to get more international experience etc.

SMCY
23-03-2007, 18:52
[quote]

I totaly agree with youabout training thing. Players who play regulary should improve no matter how old they are.
Thing that bothers me is how they improve. I belive that stats like stamina, strenght, work rate...should improve all the time as person grows (everybody is stronger when he is 29 then 19 years old) but pace and accelaration is differnent. That should SI have in mind.
Another strange thing in training is that is absolutly in-active. We do nothing!!! In Europe coaches (managers) do train their squad. It would be nice to have option for preperation for next match, making a game plan (even include your skipper and few more players in that, like in reality). I think that would bring a hole new dimension to the game. And I also belive that winning matches should be more hard. (Sorry everybody who disagree!!!)

One more thing about improvement that you were mentioning. Maybe players should not improve so quickly. The solution might be in morale and form (which I think are "allmost useless" right now). I will give a example or two: we all know that Adriano is a great player but he is really struggling right now. We can say that his morale is really really low. In the game he plays normally he scores a few goals and everything is normal again. That should not be the case, morale snould not change so quickly becouse things are more complicated in life. On the other hand we have the case of Zlatan Ibrahimović who was a great talent but just needed time to adopt his temerament to Serie A football. Now he is playing the game of his life.
I know that it is just a game but it would be awesome to see things like that in FM08./quote]

I agree the workload slider is just a lacking option . It is as you have no actual control of the training in the ways you should be. The training system should be more complex but a workload slider that we can select how hard they are training wouldn't be useless but is just one train may not be such a bad idea . On the other hand Generally all training programs have a relative difficulty . Players that train get injured due to bad luck , tackles from teammates and a bad sporting ground. Also some players just try a lot more than others in training and may injure themselves more or endanger their teammates. They may train more too also. Having a slider for that may just be to wrong. Rather i would like a combination of the old system (fm 2005 i think) in which we each option has an effect on the training of the players but also tactics . An example is , Having the players to play a match together can improve the way the way (teamwork and getting used to each other) are playing on the field also. Another example is corners . During corner training not only your gifted players learn how to take corners but your attackers learn how to position themselves inside the area and tricks they can try to score. (Watch again Greece Euro 2004 campaign and you will see why corner practice can be so important.) So tactics go more into training and what the players show you into training may just show you how good they will listen to your instructions in an actual match.
But this is also an area that should change if the system changes because how exactly do you know which players are doing well in training ?
I recommend a graphical edgine (Like the match Engine) but for training . You can see there and insruct there your players and then you can always let it in "auto"(assistant) mode. text information would then inform you how good they are obeying your orders but you should inspect them and try new tricks for a while.

While the tactical part of the training is your affair you should need coaches to train the Football team. Still i would like more specialization of the coaches , some carrying preferred moves that they can pass ... They should have there own shedule but they also can be commanded to change it. Coaches that are rated by the same star rating (if there is one) may have a different training program in addition to other atributes such as motivation.

Again defenders can train with your attackers in shedules that force the ones to defend and the others to attack . Again a small graphical engine would be good.

In the end your training all your team in a more
realistic way.

The same training options should be there for National teams which also require squad consistency.

Regarding the improvement of attributes i have two views on the subject.

The Best game is the one where it is hard to win , hard to master but you can always improve your situation.

Realistically i also believe you can always find better training combinations and different coaches.

Mitja
30-03-2007, 02:36
7.0.2 patch made alot of improvement on the pitch. Now players are actually making mistakes....it's a little harder...bravo, way to go!!

Sanctimonius
30-03-2007, 16:06
I'm still waiting for highlights to appear in similar graphics to Pro Evo. That would be cool...

rjb
30-03-2007, 16:32
i would like to be able to offer an ultimatum to the board when they accept/make bids for players, i'm with fulham at the moment and at least once a season i lose a 1st team player due to the board

ellison11nufc
30-03-2007, 18:09
i would like eto see it that when you buy a player his value doesnt suddenly automatically correspond to that of his transfer fee. It was nice to check a value against fee to see if a club had made a good or bad transfer.

GXice
30-03-2007, 23:44
I actually think the valuation system is currently a bit flawed. 'Value' should mean exactly that: how much a player costs. If a striker at Barcelona is valued at 10M, then it seems you have to double or pay 2.5 that amount, which is quite strange. After all, if a player is worth 10M, why would a club dish out twice as much?

Should be that the value of the player equals his cost, less additional payments, clauses etc.

Warrenwwr
31-03-2007, 00:31
all i want for future versions is for reserves and youngsters to "realize" the disparity between the quality of the first team, and that of themselves.

and just stop complaining and requesting transfers and asking to be brought off the xfer list ('cause nobody wants them) etc etc...

Sam00000000000001
31-03-2007, 10:36
1. To have MBE,OBE's and Knighthoods.
2. Much better Editor (it was poor this year).

Lemming
31-03-2007, 12:50
I'd like to see the match engine completely overhauled (no NOT 3D!!).

I have a few savegames, one of which is Notts County and i'm able to do quite well with them by acting on the information provided by my Scout.

It's a low league club, LOW on tactical skill and talent, the scout says the opposition play a fast direct game

Team Instructions : Slow Tempo + Short Passing

I win the match, but slow possesion based football is a HIGH skill game, talent is needed to pull it off

A few seasons later i've been promoted to the Championship, my squad has been replaced with talented & HIGH skill players. The Scout says the opposition play possesion based football.

Team Instructions: Fast Tempo + Direct Passing

I win the match, using a LOW skill tactic.

It just all seems back to front, when i have a poor team im successfully playing football that should be technically BEYOND them, and when i have a strong team im successfull with tactics that should be the domain of the poor team.

Its too clinical, its too Rock-Paper-Scissors, in short it's not really football.

i Love United
31-03-2007, 13:11
you could be a player manager and use the keyboard to control your dot on the pitch!!!! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.....

drunkrob
31-03-2007, 15:29
It'd be nice if I didn't win an EPL game 9-0 and have 11 players in the team of the week.

duccio
31-03-2007, 17:16
Don't know if has been suggested aleady, but how about being able send advisors (coaches) to feeder clubs?

Vinton
31-03-2007, 17:56
my top wish for the next FM is to be able to accept lower positions at higher clubs

eg. assistant manager at Utd/Arsenal (although that could be hard to code)

or U21 manager of national squad

James Bolton
01-04-2007, 02:27
I would like to see more options in contract negotiations. E.g. how about offering houses (relocation packages) especially for young players.

Sam00000000000001
01-04-2007, 02:36
Originally posted by Vinton:
U21 manager of national squad

You can already do that. But to do it you have to cheat and Add a manager at a national team sack the current U21 manager then appoint yourself. I once done it to see and it worked. I won the U21 championship but still got sacked.

Milhouse1980
01-04-2007, 12:56
Media:-

Having player interview before matches and also after matches and they can comment on how the team has played and also if they have problems such as only playing 5 minutes in a match or disappointed to be taken off.

Breaks:-

When you come up to a period in the game when you have 2 weeks off before your next game you should have the option to either send players on a holiday or on a team bonding trip.

Subs:-

When you make a change you should be able to give instructions to them like if you want them to push forward more when you are chasing a goal or keep the play simple. This should give your players more believe in themselves when in certain situations

Friendlies:-

When you start at a new club you should have a list of teams who would be interested in having a friendly with your club and you get to select which teams you want you team to play against.

Reserves & Youth Team:-

Maybe having reports that tell you which players are performing well and should be promoted to the reserve team and the first team. If someone is head and shoulders above the rest of the team the assistant manager then tells you he should be moved up.

Scouting:-

Maybe your scouts can recommend young players who would be good enough for the youth team or the youth team manager can ask if they could have a player who they think is good enough to have a trial at the club.

jkebab
01-04-2007, 13:59
The ability to field an illegal player, someone without a work permit or something because I just bought 4 players who I thought could go out on loan to my feeder club to avoid work permit regulations but it turns out the clubs spanish. Why did I get offered this club by the board?

jungli5t
01-04-2007, 19:03
Sorry if its already been posted, i havent checked the whole thread.

I think you should be able to publicly state via the media that you beleive player "x" should be called up to their international squad, because in my game i have a spanish midfielder who is 24 and playing for a top side winning trophys requlary and getting very high average ratings yet he has never got the chance to play for the international squad

ScottM
02-04-2007, 06:29
Originally posted by dougal95:
my ideas

1. Trophy Room - pictures of the trophies you've won

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.......NO!

Scott M

Boneshaker
02-04-2007, 06:31
I'd like to see my wages paid directly into my bank account. http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

ScottM
02-04-2007, 06:36
Originally posted by Alex Bevan:
Unsure if this has been covered before, but how about a save game log.

Next time someone claims they dont cheat but end up winning every league and cup, they can prove this with a screenie that shows one save per month for example than say two per week.

I couldn't give a fig about how other people are playing the game, if they reload they are only really cheating themselves.

And an Angel weeps gently.....

Scott M

Sam00000000000001
02-04-2007, 06:37
Originally posted by jungli5t:
Sorry if its already been posted, i havent checked the whole thread.

I think you should be able to publicly state via the media that you beleive player "x" should be called up to their international squad, because in my game i have a spanish midfielder who is 24 and playing for a top side winning trophys requlary and getting very high average ratings yet he has never got the chance to play for the international squad

Thats a good idea and should definatley be included.

ScottM
02-04-2007, 06:42
Originally posted by milkman191:
I think Matches should be played in 3D.

But you have a choice if you want to watch a match in 3D or in the old classic way like in 2006 and 2007.

Are you from the Future?

And 3D is never, ever going to happen, I wish people should just get over it...... http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Scott M

Daniel Foster
02-04-2007, 06:46
I think that fan's should play a bigger part in it.

eg. fan pressure (so away players feel intimidated and get scared or something... same as pressuring your star player into signing a new contract) etc.

I also think referee's should have stats... like how they react to fans etc.

ScottM
02-04-2007, 07:09
For all the suggestions on here, and there are a few good ones, I think we're all losing sight of what makes FM great: The complex match engine and the ability to wheel and deal in the Transfer Market.

Really thats the only mainstays in a Football Management Sim. If those two don't work properly, then all the fluff that goes around it ain't worth a hill of beans.

MATCH ENGINE:

After a few months play, I find the Match Engine a bit samey, the variety of goals are a bit limited and that goes for the chances highlights as well. I would love to see a really expansive match engine, with commentary to match. The WOW factor really is too rare.

Also, the difference between very good players and very poor players still isn't highlighted well enough, sure crap Defenders go walkabout leaving players unmarked and poor strikers miss untold one on ones or get caught on the ball, but styles of play for LLM and Champions league level should be descernably different.

TRANSFER MARKET:

The Database is huge, which is brilliant, but the fact that so few players change hands for any money is a cause for concern. We've all had players with a weekely wage more than your entire squad offered for 0 cash, its annoying and why would Danny Murphy consider playing in the Conference anyway?

The market in FM08 has to be far more liquid, with lots more players changing hands for fees, of course the balance will be difficult to maintain but then it always is.

If the above two work like a dream in FM08, then I'll be delighted. I really am not a fan of having every minute detail being dissected in the media, and for most levels of Football this isnt realistic anyway. I don't want TV Style, X-Factor presentation of the game, I can get that in real life, thanks.

So, give me a rich "Management" Sim please SI, FM07 is very good, but FM08 will be dynamite if you get the Match Engine and Transfer Market nailed.

Scott M

NorwichGuy
02-04-2007, 08:26
I remember in my old CM games you could criticize the referee....not sure why you can't still do this as I can get really annoyed about how a strict ref can give out so many yellow cards, that my team can have numerous suspensions at one time. So i'd like to have a go at the ref please :-) Everyone does it in football every day anyway!
And also the option to ask the FA to move fixtures if you suddenly get a massive congestion and play 3 games in 6 days!

Colinjb
02-04-2007, 09:44
The manager's personal file could include a few things.

More than one favourite club, I think a few people have mentioned that already.

If you're a former International player, then it'd be nice to state how many caps and goals you had in your glory days.

Favourite personnel - I support Southampton, so I'd probably but George Burley, Claus Lundekvam etc. It could work in a similar way when you go to set up a friendly, you search for a specific club - This time you search for a specific name, click on the person you want, and on the bottom left options panel, click a button saying 'Select for Favourite Personnel' or something to that effect...

Equally, disliked personnel, or disliked clubs. Again, I'm a Southampton supporter, so I may choose to dislike Portsmouth as a club, or say I don't like Harry Redknapp or Rupert Lowe.

Basic I know, but it'd add a nice little touch.

Colinjb
02-04-2007, 09:54
Following on from an earlier comment about fan power, how about the manager being able to see a copy of a fanzine to see what the fans really think? Perhaps they could voice their anger about the board, which could lead to takeover talks as unrest settles in, comments about the managers' tactics, and good or bad mentions of players, i.e 'Tom Lyon has been an inspired loan signing, his goal last week was great' = Tom Lyon feels good, or, 'Tom Lyon hasn't done it for us. Why did the manager get him?' = Tom Lyon feels bad, supporters question the manager a tad.

Sounds interesting!

ScottM
03-04-2007, 05:53
Originally posted by Colinjb:
The manager's personal file could include a few things.

More than one favourite club, I think a few people have mentioned that already.

If you're a former International player, then it'd be nice to state how many caps and goals you had in your glory days.

Favourite personnel - I support Southampton, so I'd probably but George Burley, Claus Lundekvam etc. It could work in a similar way when you go to set up a friendly, you search for a specific club - This time you search for a specific name, click on the person you want, and on the bottom left options panel, click a button saying 'Select for Favourite Personnel' or something to that effect...

Equally, disliked personnel, or disliked clubs. Again, I'm a Southampton supporter, so I may choose to dislike Portsmouth as a club, or say I don't like Harry Redknapp or Rupert Lowe.

Basic I know, but it'd add a nice little touch.

"dislike Portsmouth" *chuckle*

Scummer!

Scott M

Rem-8
03-04-2007, 06:09
I suggested it for 2005, 2006 and 2007 and still nothing, so I will give it a try:

Testimonial Games for players going to retire and playing their last game (friendly)

i Love United
03-04-2007, 11:43
will any of these ideas actually be in fm08 or are they just ignored? it needs loads added to make it worth buying for £30.

Sam00000000000001
03-04-2007, 12:08
will any of these ideas actually be in fm08 or are they just ignored? it needs loads added to make it worth buying for £30.

Some will be put in. Where do you think SI would get their ideas for features?
They have to please the fans

treen007
03-04-2007, 12:14
The ability to scout your affiliates would be on my wishlist. especially if I have first option on players.

i Love United
03-04-2007, 13:34
could some si person tell us whats going to be new???

Leedsunited4league1
03-04-2007, 13:50
Ticket prices, look at Leeds United in real life, Leeds vs Preston was expensive for example:

NORTH AND SOUTH STAND : £26 FOR ADULTS, £15 FOR KIDS

EAST: £35 FOR ADULTS KIDS FOR £13

WEST: £35 ADULTS AND KIDS

18,400 was in attendance..

FOR THE LEEDS VS LUTON, QPR..

North, South were £15 adults, £8 for kids

West: £26 fixed price I think

East: £8 for kids, £15 for adults I think.. For QPR there was 29,500+ at Elland Road, for Luton there was 27,000 and for this Saturday vs Plymouth there is an expected 30-31,000 there. So depending on the size of the city, reputation, quality of players etc more people will turn up making a better atmosphere and inspiring the team, get my gest? I think this is the only thing missing for the game, I am sick of being Leeds manager and gettin only 15,000 despite doing well in the league.. Doesn't make sense? If enough go along the club will make more revenue anyway! Thoughts?

03-04-2007, 17:24
Well, hell - I CBA reading through all 16 pages of this thread; after reading the 1st few posts, I'm concerned whether my suggestions here will make a difference or not. However -

I'd REALLY like to be able to interact with individual players in a negative manner as well as positive. I've just had John Terry put out both of my starting forwards - one for 5 months with a broken leg - and I'd LOVE to be able to call him a cheating c**t in the press.

I'd also love the opportunity to respond to negative comments from players who've left the club... "No sh*t you didn't have an opportunity to play in the first team - you weren't good enough to beat out the other players I've signed!" Things like that...

And LU4L1? Don't worry, mate - it does get better if you keep winning - however, given how fickle Leeds fans seem to be, IMO the game's got it pretty spot on! ;-)

I too am playing as the Mighty Whites, and in 2012, I'm averaging over 50k per match (Somewhere along the line, the board decided to expand ER without telling me, and apparently without consequence...w00t!)

Kalouless
03-04-2007, 18:09
-- Match fitness
This HAS to be fixed. You want your players to stay match fit so you send them to the reserves "until match fit" only to find out that the assistant does not play them because he's playing some useless 14 year olds. The only way to keep your selection match fit is to take control of the reserve matches yourself. This means that about 20-30% of your game time is wasted on a utterly boring part of the game. In other words, because SI still has not been able to do a proper job on this part of the game, it adds a big, frustrating and tiresome aspect to the game. For years I've been wondering when SI will understand that that is not the way to make an attractive game.

-- Balancing referees
It's possible to get the same referee over and over again. This has to be fixed in the future: in real life, no team would ever get the same referee twice in a row, let alone 3 times a month or so.

-- Transfer messages
Another bug that has been in the game for ages and really needs to be fixed: when I tell a team I'm not going to sell them my player, they should not come asking 6 hours later if I want to sell them the same player.

-- Better use of the assistant
The role of the assistant manager is pretty pointless at them moment. The team reports are hardly usefull since the stats will tell you which players are best, and the team talks he gives consist of nothing more than yelling "do it for the fans!!" 100% of the time.

magic32
03-04-2007, 18:47
Originally posted by Sam00000000000001:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vinton:
U21 manager of national squad

You can already do that. But to do it you have to cheat and Add a manager at a national team sack the current U21 manager then appoint yourself. I once done it to see and it worked. I won the U21 championship but still got sacked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually have had that job offered to me without cheating!! I rejected it though

Uncomfortablydumb
03-04-2007, 19:13
I would like to see more involvement as a national team manager.

Ben-g
04-04-2007, 00:48
It would be great if we could play lower leagues in France (I'm french), such as CFA and CFA2. National is not enough, from what I saw in other forums, people would love playing in lower leagues...

UNITED!!!!!
04-04-2007, 03:17
I think players could have more important relationships with other players. For example, at Man Utd in 98/99, Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke were on fire as a pair and were completely on the same wavelength thus resulting in lots and lots of goals! I know there is a prefered personal section but i think it is only an eyepleasing feature.

UNITED!!!!!
04-04-2007, 03:31
sorry for the double post,

another idea I've had is that you should be able to view your league table in the order that the media predicted at the start of the season. It wouldn't be very hard and could just be an option from the drop down menu with overall, combined etc on.

It would just save time rather than having to look at each clubs information first!

psilord80
05-04-2007, 08:49
I would like to see new leagues from Asia in the game. Bangladesh has a new professional league I believe and it would be pretty cool to manage in that league since my nationality is Bangladeshi.

Gingerbread Man
06-04-2007, 14:01
Offer Open Trials

One feature that I think would be a great addition for FM2008 would be the ability to advertise an open trial for your club.

What this means is players who are free agents would approach you with a view to joining your club on trial, usually in the summer for pre seasobn training.

It could be implemented in a similar way for advertising for staff.

I know this system is used regularly in real life and would be particularly useful for lower division clubs where player turnover is high.

Chesters86
06-04-2007, 14:19
some things i'd like to see:

1) when purchasing a player you should have the option to loan the player back to the club (e.g. like utd offered to do with Bale)

2) better player interaction, you can have mind games with rival managers, so why not players...it's been done so many times by Fergie, Mourinho, Wenger etc...saying certain players aren't that good they're just lucky, they only went there for the money etc.

3) better youth set-up, it'd be nice if some way you could set-up Youth Academy's in certain countries, so you'd get better forgeneirs coming through you youth team rather than just the odd spanish person.

4) testamonials for players who've been at the club 10yrs

5) atmosphere has effects on players performance, eg. players like Ronaldo thrive on hostile atmospheres..and other players could crumble under an intense atmosphere.

Dreaded Walrus
07-04-2007, 03:35
Originally posted by Gingerbread Man:
Offer Open Trials

One feature that I think would be a great addition for FM2008 would be the ability to advertise an open trial for your club.

What this means is players who are free agents would approach you with a view to joining your club on trial, usually in the summer for pre seasobn training.

It could be implemented in a similar way for advertising for staff.

I know this system is used regularly in real life and would be particularly useful for lower division clubs where player turnover is high.

This.

Also, it would also be a good secondary way for the engine to introduce new regens into the game, as youngsters that had not been "discovered" yet (regardless of quality) could come and try out for a club, and if good enough, get the nod, or try out at a different club. I would love to see this feature.

raymondo267
07-04-2007, 04:06
as some have said, the inability to field an inalegible player, but face disiplinary action if caught.
but if this was implemented, there should be a warning before you go to match, that your about to field an inilegible player.

JoseRR
09-04-2007, 09:12
Im would like to be able to ask the board to allow me one extra coach or physio, and they can decide to let you have a special allowence if there is enough funds/if they think it could be worth it.

In my current game, my Ass man just took the Man City job, and I'm not allowed to replace him, then my physio (with lots of scouting knowledge as well as being my best physio by far) retired. Even after this, I'm not allowed a new physio, which I think is silly - I have over £1 billion in the bank (I'm Chelsea) and I was allowed the 'extra' coach + physio before, so why not now! (Sorry for the rant! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif)

gazcam1
09-04-2007, 09:24
Would like to have more than one favourite team to pick,if you have more than one country picked for your game. I would also like to be able to tout my players for international call up if they are playing well!

fcdallas1982
09-04-2007, 10:01
More friendlies for international play. In non tournament years, they seem to only play like one or two a year...

09-04-2007, 10:11
Haven't been bothered to read the previous 18 pages or so, but the most important things in my opinion are

1) press conferences after/before every european game and after/before rival games

2) morale should have a greater affection on players performances

3) optimising transfer prices/player values

4) chance of raising or lowering ticket prices

5) better interaction with players and other staff, as well as directors

6) NEVER go 3D!!! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

7) maybe changes in game department - like slower movements or passes and stuff

Adam James
09-04-2007, 12:46
Similar to a lot of deals now...

The ability to approach a player who's contract is up at the end of the season and sign him on loan before he joins you on your contract.
Similar to Warren Feeney at Cardiff.

If the player is a first teamer, then obviously it won't happen but maybe the other club could offer the player to you on loan after you've signed him on a Pre-Contract, if he's not important to the club?

Adam James
09-04-2007, 12:51
I do like the idea of being offered the Under 21 job though for a country! Whomever suggested it, I thank you

It'd give a manager in League 1/Championship an English Manager job to aim for.

ScottM
10-04-2007, 04:58

Rubbish, what other game can give you 100's of hours of play for 30 quid (or less if you buy online)......Muppet...

Scott M

ScottM
10-04-2007, 05:08
Originally posted by raymondo267:
as some have said, the inability to field an inalegible player, but face disiplinary action if caught.
but if this was implemented, there should be a warning before you go to match, that your about to field an inilegible player.

Nope, there can be nothing in the game that advocates rule breaking.....

Scott M

Cereal_Dave
10-04-2007, 05:22
we need streakers!

Timster
10-04-2007, 05:45
---Fix the Euro Vase bug in network games where the host gets the application for the other player, and the other player only gets his. Really annoying.

---Have a residency countdown timer, would help a lot.

---Make the awards a bit more realistic.

---Stop the defence making like 20 mistakes in every game, this doesn't happen in Premiership football.

---Make it so if you appeal against a ban and the decision was incorrect the ban gets revoked.

---U16's perhaps?

---Make it so if you reject an enquiry the club who asked it doesn't come back three days later, that is so ****ing irritating! Also, why do clubs keep asking how much they want for a player when you have their transfer status set as unavailable for transfer? It's as if this is purely cosmetic now... fix that.

There's a lot more really but i can't think of them at the moment.

Hopefully SI reads this and realizes the amount of flaws that are in the game.

Timster
10-04-2007, 05:46
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by i Love United:

Rubbish, what other game can give you 100's of hours of play for 30 quid (or less if you buy online)......Muppet...

Counter-strike Source and generally any other FPS or any other RTS game such as the CnC series. Oh and games like WoW.

http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ScottM
10-04-2007, 05:50
Originally posted by Timster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScottM:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by i Love United:

Counter-strike Source and generally any other FPS or any other RTS game such as the CnC series. Oh and games like WoW.

http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough, but if I want to be called a N00b by a kid, I'll play online poker and take his pocket money while I'm doing it.....

Scott M

Cyril Washbrook
10-04-2007, 05:59
Perhaps being able to accuse other sides of deliberately trying to injure your players http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif - I manage Arsenal and England (some might say that's an irony), and when I was managing in one international I had, in the course of the match, three strikers injured, all of whom were good penalty takers. Guess what? The match came down to spot kicks, and my penalty-takers had penalty-taking attributes starting at 12 and ending at 5.

FCU
10-04-2007, 06:05
A news service like the 'Fifa Website' in Fifa Manager 2007.

nghodder
10-04-2007, 06:34
1. Postponments.

2. AI sometimes not using all of their subs.

Done.

hammondtime
10-04-2007, 07:42
1- be able to search the attributes you want to check out, ie 2 from attacking, 1 defending,1 mental etc
2- Certain players being booed and abused by rival fans and making a very hostile atmosphere for the away side ie Lampard away to West Ham and Rooney away to Everton
3- Player brawls and crowd violence
4-The ability to loan player back to the club you have just bought him from (ideal for younger players)

Milhouse1980
10-04-2007, 07:46
I like the ideas of have matches postponed due to the weather like in Scotland you get matches cancelled because of the bad weather. Or having matches abandoned due to the weather.

nghodder
10-04-2007, 09:52
Originally posted by Milhouse1980:
I like the ideas of have matches postponed due to the weather like in Scotland you get matches cancelled because of the bad weather. Or having matches abandoned due to the weather.

Both features you just mentioned were in CM. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

bongo nuts
10-04-2007, 10:08
Sometimes in an international break I'll have seven players gone and have to play the game then when I played sunderland they had, I cant remember how many but it wasn't much more than mine and the match gets called off I was happy as i had players out to but should you be able to apply for postponements due to bad pitch (birmingham have done that this season) or too many international players on leave.

bongo nuts
10-04-2007, 10:43
I've briefly looked through and something similar ahs been mentioned by notwichguy, sorry.

Timster
10-04-2007, 12:47
Originally posted by hammondtime:
1- be able to search the attributes you want to check out, ie 2 from attacking, 1 defending,1 mental etc

You've been able to do a search for attributes since... CM2

Katarian
10-04-2007, 13:01
Haven't read all the posts on this thread as I just don't have time http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Things I'd like to see are:

Offsides being called immediately. Rarely IRL do you see a player run from the centre circle and score a goal before it is called offside, and if they do then they should get booked for kicking the ball away. Only time a goal should be disallowed for offside is if it a snap shot or header, I get very tried of watching offside being called 20-30 seconds after the offence.

Penalties should have their own training category.

Coach and Ass. Man reports on your own players need to be much more detailed, more like the current scout reports.

Scouts should rate players on the league you are playing in not on your best player in a certain position. I don't want to see that a WB is rated 6-7 stars and the detailed scout report only thinks he is good enough to play in the league below the one I am in. Conversely if I am in the EPL and have a World Class keeper I don't want all the good or leading EPL keepers rated as 3 stars.

If you have a feeder club or Work Permit avoidance then sending a player on loan to them who needs a WP then the loan should automatically continue until the player gets EU citizenship or the affliation is ended.

Clubs shouldn't keep bidding £5m for players, withdrawing offers after you renegotiate to £50m+, then bidding £5m again next week.

Option to slam your whole team publicly after a really poor performance (mainly to help us vent our frustation http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ).

Context options for manager interaction post games is pretty poor. Rarely do I get the option to slam the oppostion manager after a lucky win, ie. 1-0 after 1 shot on target (another way to vent frustation).

richo63
10-04-2007, 20:35
Give the option to take the first team squad on a training camp, like with rafa benitez and the portugal trip before barcelona. I think it would be good and would increase morale in the team before a big match, like the example i gave, you can choose the length and to which location you go to. Also make it more realistic buying and selling prices. Paying 20mil (including bonuses/add ons) for Dani Alves was to me extremely unrealistic considering the price being touted around for him atm and having nobody in the premier league, serie a, primera liga wanting to buy craig bellamy, who i feel is a useful striker but not up to liverpool standards (my opinion, for my game) was also unrealistic

Burscoughnian
11-04-2007, 00:49
More emphasis on reputations growing or shrinking due to to current club/manager status. Eg; Conference sides getting to the Premiership would start forming rivalries with big local sides. Say, for instance if Dagenham + Redbridge got to the Prem, they could become West Ham's main rivals, if they were both up there for a while.
If this makes little sense, forgive me. Lack of sleep.
Also; not losing almost all your reputation after a great career if you take a job at a small club.

bongo nuts
11-04-2007, 02:01
I was thinking of telling your team certain things in the team talk for example shoot on sight in the first 20 minutes or keep it tight. But I realise this would be hard as you would have to give another team talk after 20 minutes and I'm aware you could just edit your tactics to eveyone shoot often then change them but it wwas more of a short cut.

coolmoose
11-04-2007, 03:11
I think that manager's trends of substitutions should be put in, if tha tmakes sense. Like for example, Chester's manager Mark Wright tends to make subs late on in the match (correct nme if Im wrong). And then Jose Mourinho who sin't afraid to make a sub after 32 minutes if things aren't goin his way. I think that if manager's styles of subs were put in, it would be more realistic and you would get your own style aswell.

fcdallas1982
11-04-2007, 08:49
It would be kinda cool to create players. Like just name someone after a friend or something and just watch them mature into world class players. That would be interesting in my opinion. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

11-04-2007, 08:54
Ability to send player to reserves with specific request to get him match fit.

tomtuck01
11-04-2007, 08:54
It would be kinda cool to create players. Like just name someone after a friend or something and just watch them mature into world class players. That would be interesting in my opinion

You can already do that with the data editor!!!

Acolli
11-04-2007, 11:41
Dribbling. Dribbling need's a total revamp.
IMPROVE DRIBBLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Osmann
11-04-2007, 11:59
The possibilty to see the club teams "star player/s". This feature was actually included in older versions of CM/FM. A star icon always showed beside the star player. I wanted back!!!

Michael Osmann
11-04-2007, 12:05
Originally posted by Michael Osmann:
The possibilty to see the club teams "star player/s". This feature was actually included in older versions of CM/FM. A star icon always showed beside the star player. I wanted back!!!

Correction: Not "wanted back" but I want it back http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

fcdallas1982
11-04-2007, 12:47
Originally posted by tomtuck01:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> It would be kinda cool to create players. Like just name someone after a friend or something and just watch them mature into world class players. That would be interesting in my opinion

You can already do that with the data editor!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you get to the data editor? I didn't even know it came with one! O_O

Michael Osmann
11-04-2007, 12:58
The editor comes with the game. Try finding it under

C:\Programs\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007

The editor icon is called: fm data editor.exe

BJG123
11-04-2007, 13:18
Originally posted by raymondo267:

This is a rubbish idea and I won't be buying the game if it is implemented.

A manager who did this knowingly would be sacked, or harshly fined by his club, regardless of whether or not he was caught by the F.A.

I often accidentally use the same line-up as the game before and hit go to match when I shouldn't, I could be docked points for this if I accidentally click yes when it tells me I have someone inelligable fielded? What a load of horse ****.

FM doesn't have a register list for UK league games, this is where you see it happen, not in the CL, it's players who don't have F.A. Licenses to play or don't have club contracts, not for CL matches.

BJG123
11-04-2007, 13:21
I want to see the ability to train players for specific attributes, I want to train defenders to head, but I don't want to have to train them to dribble at the same time.

5 stars on my Shirt
11-04-2007, 14:34
I was thinking of telling your team certain things in the team talk for example shoot on sight in the first 20 minutes or keep it tight. But I realise this would be hard as you would have to give another team talk after 20 minutes and I'm aware you could just edit your tactics to eveyone shoot often then change them but it wwas more of a short cut.

Great Idea, simply implement the current team talk into 15 minute groups. For instance, Home Games - Attacking (0-15m) Normal (16-30m) Hold (31-45m). With the ability to alter via Quick Tactics if the game isn't going to plan.

somebodyfresh
11-04-2007, 17:30
I'd like to be able to praise a player on a one off excellent performance, instead of just on a run of form.

for instance when a usually average player runs the midfield in a cup game, i want to be able to say 'that performance won us the game today'

SJ234
12-04-2007, 04:44
yeah i would like thatto

jkebab
12-04-2007, 11:05
I would like to see the ability to play individual matches where you could choose two sides and experiment with players, instructions, and tactics. You could see which teams were good and which one you want to try in a proper game. It could just be a separate option from starting a new game.

I know you can already do this by arranging friendlies but then you have to load the database to start new game and/or find a free day on your fixture lists and then wait for that day to come round.

Wouldn't it be great to just dive right in for some extra pratice without waiting, or scheduling?

tomsmith1989
12-04-2007, 11:56
Hi.
I don't know if this has been brought forward already but I think it would be good if you could have:

-The ability to choose which season you start in. For example instead of starting in the 06/07 season, you begin in the 09/10 season. All the attributes/player retirements/winners of cups etc.. would be changed accordingly.
-Also the ability to start a few seasons back with the correct teams/stats etc.. for example play the 00/01 season again.

or something like that.