PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Uorf
24-11-2006, 07:53
I'd just be happy with more and more teams making bids for our players and more teams asking us to be their manager. Most of all NO more manager-changes on the run in the middle of the season (meaning: manager of sampdoria fired, manager of parma hired in the middle of the season).

Shah Gangster
24-11-2006, 15:53
Rank: Owner,Chairman etc... Abramovich aint Chairman, he is Owner of Chelsea. There should be better modelling of board structures.

Parmie
25-11-2006, 12:40
Just the smallest cosmetic thing I would like to see, the 'undo changes' button becomes 'redo changes' for clumsy fools like me aiming for the confirm button and missing.

GeordieInExile
25-11-2006, 22:04
Been wanting this for a couple of years now. When clubs come in to loan your players and there are a list of reasons why you're letting him go - one of those reasons should be "In order to get more first team football".

Haithem5000
26-11-2006, 09:37
Also, I would be nice to have more robust editor support, as in being able to create our own leagues and models for leagues.

Also, more playable African leagues would be a big plus...

Nick A
26-11-2006, 09:41
Don't know if this has been raised elsewhere.

I would like the League Cup to be played properly.

Whenever I have come up against Prem teams as a LLM (in FM06 and 07) I have always played against their strongest teams. IRL, we know they would be resting all their stars and aiming just to win with kids or fringe players to keep them fit.

Dominiq
26-11-2006, 09:58
League reputation increase/decrease over time and for overachivements/underachievements.

EU membership for Romania and Bulgaria, god damn it !!

LESS big, obvious bugs like the stats decreasing one, red card/injury ammount balance or obviously unbalanced stats for respawned players.

Two potential abilities, one for mental/technical attributes (footballing) and one for physical attributes (athlete).

More flexibility for the technical attributes of respawned players when their age is 19-20 when they spawn, these players ( regardless of their PA ) have a 50% lower increment for their technical skills becose of that impassable 'wall' they can never avoid, the tech attribute age cap.

Bug fix for players that refuse to move from developed countries to undeveloped ones regardless of CA/PA and wage. It's absurd to see players with 1 CA/PA refusing to move to Eastern Europe ( to teams that start with players from these countries ) after being offered a maximum wage.

Player greed improvement. Players should be interested in moving from a Man U. reserve position with 30k wage to a lower rep club like ... Sporting for example, for 100k wage and key player status ... This happens all the time in football/all sports, but never happens in FM.

shamule
26-11-2006, 12:46
Better Feeder clubs. Where when you gety a team more of there players become avalable to BUY and players you need a work permit for will join a club and not keep refusing to go.

Decadent Sympozium
26-11-2006, 13:19
Personally, I'd like to see a better interaction with players.(The reason is coming from the fact I'm a hardcore roleplayer since I was 7 and FM is more or less a type of strategic roleplay.)

I'd love to be able to, for example, click on player interaction, go to "Make a positive comment" and choose "Riquelme, you're my best man." Ha ha. I don't really think it should be as deep as "Riise, you have a nice face." but some more general thoughs like "I like the way you play, keep on training this good." or "I really don't like you but we need your skills." would be nice.

I also think some more variety in team talk is needed. Sometimes neither of the options actually mean what I want to say. For example, if they played out draw and I expected a loss, if I'm pleased it would be more suitable for me to tell them "Good work" than "Sympathize", "Tell them you're elated", and so, because sometimes options I get are really dumb. I don't even understand why options are expanded or cut...well, that's it for now...hm...

Ronaldeano
27-11-2006, 07:10
Want to elaborate on one suggestion:

Being able to praise/criticise the team as a WHOLE, whenever you felt it neccessary

Have always felt that this feature was missing.

Ok, you can say stuff pre-game via the press but most of that stuff is guff and you end up sayin the same stuff over and over 'you have indicated that team x could cause you problems'

cms186
27-11-2006, 16:24
Apologies if this has been mentioned before, and im aware that it will be a while off but i think a great implementation would be the occasional occurence of a " Golden Generation " for nations and even clubs examples of this irl are:

Frances World cup winning team
Portugals current team
Hungary with Puskas et al
Holland when they got to 2 world cup finals with cryuff, metgod etc.
Ajax in the early '90s
Forest in the early 80's with robertson, o'neill, anderson etc.

Also footballing nations who are generally poor producing a world class player like:

Stoichkov
Hagi
Weah
Best
Zahovic ( Ok maybe not world class but a lot better than other slovenian players )
Hugo Sanchez

I imagine this would involve a change in the newgen ( or whatever it is now called ) system and to get it implemented in the media somehow but it would improve the game no end imo

Wicked Wilson
27-11-2006, 16:27
i'd like more media coverage of 'brilliant' players. Like you never see a news item in FM about a great youngster being talked about my the news, only their managers in the rare occasion say things, whereas in real life this is completely different eg. when Freddy Adu was first in the papers there was a big thing about him, so i'd like more media incorperated into the game

cms186
27-11-2006, 16:27
Originally posted by Nick A:
Don't know if this has been raised elsewhere.

I would like the League Cup to be played properly.

Whenever I have come up against Prem teams as a LLM (in FM06 and 07) I have always played against their strongest teams. IRL, we know they would be resting all their stars and aiming just to win with kids or fringe players to keep them fit.

They do this alrady don't they? in fact i thought it had been taken too far the other way, coming across weakened teams in the semis and the final itself.

lord victor
27-11-2006, 16:38
My addition to what i've already seen mentioned (therefor not repeating it):

More positions in tactic screen.
I really would love to have a more specific midfield;
I now intend to put let's say...Rooney and let's say...Riquelme on the same spot (AMC) as that's both the 'behind the striker' as the 'in front of midfield' position, but they actually are two totally different players.
One extra line of midfielders/attackers would solve this. You can tell Rooney to play just behind the strikers (not next to them) and still have Riquelme playing in front of the midfield without him being the 3rd attacker.

cms186
27-11-2006, 16:45
Originally posted by lord victor:

I now intend to put let's say...Rooney and let's say...Riquelme on the same spot (AMC) as that's both the 'behind the striker' as the 'in front of midfield' position, but they actually are two totally different players.
One extra line of midfielders/attackers would solve this. You can tell Rooney to play just behind the strikers (not next to them) and still have Riquelme playing in front of the midfield without him being the 3rd attacker.

I thought you could just set the tactics for a striker to make him into a second striker ( like rooney )

LFC Lloydy
27-11-2006, 16:48
The positions in the game are all thats needed. They cover every actual position in football, the rest is just tactics and you are able to alter them to make a player play differently. There are also the arrows to use.

For example, to get a second striker you can use a backwards arrow and/or set his mentality lower than your other striker.

lord victor
27-11-2006, 16:48
Originally posted by NeilUK:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kyle Jenner:
the option to buy a youngster then loan em back to the club for a year as part of the season... or can you already do this?

no you can't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is actually against the rules, in Leeds' relegation year Spurs wanted to buy Robinson in January then loan him back to Leeds for their relegation fight. The move was blocked by The Premier League and they had to call off the transfer until the Summer. You can loan them to another club for the season of course, thats fine </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why don't just select the option 'transfer date-->end of season' http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And I would love some more interaction of fans. I remember the days 'the fans crowded up at the stadium to have <manager X> sacked' after a disaster game.
And some riot things would be nice, these days there are more and more, from a single bottle thrown on the field, via chants to complete runovers by fans on the field.

Not 3 times a week, but ones a season (not in all leagues of course, but if it happens no matter where, get a news report).

lord victor
27-11-2006, 16:51
Originally posted by cms186:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lord victor:

I thought you could just set the tactics for a striker to make him into a second striker ( like rooney ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't seem to get this to work, only by using a back arrow. But i think it has a totally different effect opposed to when i would put him behind the other striker.
Well, let's say i would love to have more positions, maybe even not pre-placed-tactical-slots, but just a grid-less placing of players. (with zones determining what kind of position it is, or setting it as an tactical instruction).
A bit like the positioning system of Pro Evolution Soccer, if you catch my drift.

LFC Lloydy
27-11-2006, 16:55
Originally posted by lord victor:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cms186:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lord victor:

I thought you could just set the tactics for a striker to make him into a second striker ( like rooney ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't seem to get this to work, only by using a back arrow. But i think it has a totally different effect opposed to when i would put him behind the other striker.
Well, let's say i would love to have more positions, maybe even not pre-placed-tactical-slots, but just a grid-less placing of players. (with zones determining what kind of position it is, or setting it as an tactical instruction).
A bit like the positioning system of Pro Evolution Soccer, if you catch my drift. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sort of thing just isn't realistic enough though, you don't get a manger IRL saying "I want you to stand in this exact square metre. It would also mean a lot of the code of the game being redone for little reason.

IRL a manager gives a position (and FM has everyone of them) and a set of instructions which is already replicated in the game.

Wet Blanket
27-11-2006, 17:07
Didn't read all of the thread,so i don't know if any of this has been said:

-players/fans complaining to you about your tactics or what position they play
-players/fans campaigning for a teammate to get more playing time
-campaigning on behalf of your player for awards/national team call-ups

-an option telling your scout your expectations about a potential prospect (ex. is he a good back-up keeper?) before scouting him

port-ton
28-11-2006, 03:52
i'd like to see more work done on free kicks.

like players laying the ball off to someone and various other free kicks you see IRL.

also maybe the chance to make your own free kicks in training by telling the players where you want them to stand etc and who to pass it too,

stoofer
28-11-2006, 04:27
Originally posted by LFC Lloydy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cms186:

A bit like the positioning system of Pro Evolution Soccer, if you catch my drift. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sort of thing just isn't realistic enough though, you don't get a manger IRL saying "I want you to stand in this exact square metre. It would also mean a lot of the code of the game being redone for little reason.

IRL a manager gives a position (and FM has everyone of them) and a set of instructions which is already replicated in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you could do it in previous incarnations of the game... the pitch was a grid and you clicked on it to say 'ball is in this section' for both in posession and not, and drag each and every player to a specific spot.

I think they went away from this system to combat 'super-tactics'.

stoofer
28-11-2006, 04:52
my tuppence:
[LIST]
<LI>more media interaction. post-match interviews in the top divisions and local rag interviews lower down.
<LI>ability to urge the chairman to look at things. OK, ticket pricing isnt my thing, but if my stadium capacity is 8000 and im getting an average of 600, the 2nd lowest in the league, it would be nice to cajole him. He's happy to tell me if Im failing on my side of things, I want to return the favour. "tell the board that your players are disheartened by the empty seats" - the response should be in line with how you are doing... sitting bottom of the league, the board should tell you to play decent football... if you're flying high he could run a £1/ticket day (or something) for a low-attendance fixture to get people to come, and hopefully they will come again... http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
<LI>players who cant get work permits and who will not join your feeder clubs should cancel the transfer. It's rediculous, as you have no idea if they will go to the feeder or not until you try...
<LI>more specific training... with the new system its extremely difficult to keep a player 'static' when he is getting 'reshaped' at PA=CA. I'd like to be able to tell my coaches not to reshape him. I would also like the option to work on a specific ability rather than a group (I may only want 'crossing' out of the 'set pieces' group, however I cant do this at the moment)
<LI>weekly sports argus. I want to know who is setting the world alight at 16 in brazil... at the moment I feel like I'm in a small bubble concerning only my team and my division. I know I can go find other leagues awards and data if I want to go looking, but I would like to have a nice read occasionally...
<LI>more control (before the match) for your assistant manager while you are serving a touchline ban. 'change to this formation if behind' 'play defensive when 2 goals up' 'sub these players on 75th minute if possible' etc. Yes, I do get banned a lot.... *whistles innocently*
<LI>twins/brothers/parents on regens. I want someone to 'feel the pressure of the Rooney name' if he has a kid that struggles to break through the ranks. I want favoured personnel with the same names, Alex/Darren Ferguson, Phil/Gary Neville, Luke/Stefan Moore in 50 seasons' time.
<LI>Fanzines - I want to know what the fans think of my team. Who excites them, who puts bums on seats, who is boring, what they think of me etc. in LLM bums on seats can be a bigger problem than goals in nets, I want help with this aspect.
<LI>Open Day/Trials - In addition to scouting free agents, I'd like the ability to host trials at my training grounds during pre-season. Free agents who like my club could travel up, stats get unmasked, coaches/scouts can attend and make judgements, heck maybe even get down to picking 2 teams to play against each other, after which I can offer contracts to those I like. This should not be free, and the number of players who even hear about it should be related to what you spend. Again this would be a blessing for LLM.

gert1978
28-11-2006, 05:29
* During the game: tell benched player to start warming up.

* Before the game starts: matchlists. Tell players they have to play a reserve game (i.e. just play 45 minutes). At the moment you haven to wich a player between fist and reserve squad depending on injuries and opponent. I think it will be easier just to thick a box on game day (either first team or reserves).

*When you sell a player (particulary as a lower league club) there has to be an option saying you don't want to halt back the players development. This way you can sell a player AND increase respect with team and players.

cms186
28-11-2006, 07:31
Originally posted by Shah Gangster:
9. Money League (Like Real Madrid are now richest team in the world, then Man Utd etc...

Already in the game

The 92nd Fish
28-11-2006, 16:34
Proper Bidding For International Tournaments

The current FM procedure seems to have already selected the hosts for each tournament in advance and tends to just rotate around the same nations again and again, what I'd like to see in the game is a proper simulation of the bidding procedure in all these events.

So say for example we have EURO 2012, the first messages detail what nations have decided to bid for the event, and their plans, which could include improving stadiums and building new stadiums (now this is included), negotiations could be made by club teams to accquire the new stadiums made for the event, and to get the FA to expand and use their stadium for the event and fund the expansion. Proper UEFA/FIFA etc rules for stadium capacities and the amount of stadiums each city can have hosting matches, should be used for this planning part, and taken into account in the plans, say for example Russia is lacking one stadium of a large enough size, they take action and make plans to expand a club stadium to that level to put the finishing touches to their proposal.

Once all the proposals are set, stadium expansion and new building plans are decided, the game should go on to simulate the FIFA inspections of the plans, and the selection of preferred candidates, followed finally by the selection of the hosts via the voting system that UEFA/FIFA etc use, which should be viewable in game.

If your a particularly famous manager, you could also get behind your nation's bid by showing your support in the media, and allowing your players to do promotional work for it, or something like that.

Once the bidding procedure is over, the nation that wins procedes to expand/build the new stadiums and then host the event. It'd make much more sense and be more intresting than the current system. It's hardly an essential part of the game, but it'd be intresting and add another slight touch to international management which is hugely lacking currently.

Interista
29-11-2006, 07:02
-New Training style fm05 but many effect
-Press conferences
-Different Market with many choose
-Improved 2d Match
-Improve tactics menu with outlines in free kick corners,ecc
-Option for repose player after the match
-the average ballots
-accident insurances
-choose merchandaising, catering and management stadium and sponsor

Interista
29-11-2006, 07:03
Friendlies with club

SilentScream
29-11-2006, 08:41
I'd like to see the player attributes to be ranked out of more than 20. 20 is nowhere near enough to truly represent the huge diversity of talent from the top leagues and players in the world to the bottom of the barrel.
I realise that this is unlikely, as it would most likely require a complete rewriting of the game engine, but it's always been my main issue with the CM/FM series.

Budda119
29-11-2006, 08:59
What I'd like to see is a stable game when its released.

I would however like to suggest that SI either release a small update to the game next time around and release it on June 1st OR wait for another year and release a stable game owith all singing all dacning enhancements on June 1st 2009.

I have no idea why the game is realeased when it is as it does not fit in with the football calander at all. I've never seen the sense of taking over a club in July with all their future transfers already made.

This just distorts the game. I understand there maybe commercial pressure to realease a game in the run up to Xmas but the summer, with no club football to watch, is probably a better time to sell to the FM public anyway.

bellz2002
29-11-2006, 10:30
Originally posted by The 92nd Fish:
Proper Bidding For International Tournaments

The current FM procedure seems to have already selected the hosts for each tournament in advance and tends to just rotate around the same nations again and again, what I'd like to see in the game is a proper simulation of the bidding procedure in all these events.

So say for example we have EURO 2012, the first messages detail what nations have decided to bid for the event, and their plans, which could include improving stadiums and building new stadiums (now this is included), negotiations could be made by club teams to accquire the new stadiums made for the event, and to get the FA to expand and use their stadium for the event and fund the expansion. Proper UEFA/FIFA etc rules for stadium capacities and the amount of stadiums each city can have hosting matches, should be used for this planning part, and taken into account in the plans, say for example Russia is lacking one stadium of a large enough size, they take action and make plans to expand a club stadium to that level to put the finishing touches to their proposal.

Once all the proposals are set, stadium expansion and new building plans are decided, the game should go on to simulate the FIFA inspections of the plans, and the selection of preferred candidates, followed finally by the selection of the hosts via the voting system that UEFA/FIFA etc use, which should be viewable in game.

If your a particularly famous manager, you could also get behind your nation's bid by showing your support in the media, and allowing your players to do promotional work for it, or something like that.

Once the bidding procedure is over, the nation that wins procedes to expand/build the new stadiums and then host the event. It'd make much more sense and be more intresting than the current system. It's hardly an essential part of the game, but it'd be intresting and add another slight touch to international management which is hugely lacking currently.

i like the sound of that http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

29-11-2006, 10:43
Apologies if these ideas have been posted before (I did have a read through this thread and couldn't see anything quite the same...)

Thinking about how injuries are handled in the game (and I am not getting involved in the quantity / frequency debate) they are broadly black and white - player x is injured - will be out for x weeks - with caveat of maybe seeing specialist if it is severe (and you only get this option when he is first injured IIRC) or getting an injection - which means the player then plays one match but then is out for longer. That player is then out injured, and is essentially left to be forgotten about until he is fit.

With most injuries in football, managers are constantly balancing the need to get a player back as quickly as possible against the possibility of further injury setbacks, something which I don't think FM currently handles too accurately. Many times when I have had 6-10 players out, I have thought, if only I could maybe target 1 or 2 players to try and rush their recuperation, even if it does carry some major risks.

What I would like to see is greater physio manager interaction to determine the method of rehabilitation for the player. For instance, if player x has a sprained ankle, if it was left to nature / standard recovery, he would be out for around 4 weeks. However the manager could ask the physio to suggest techniques that could speed the recovery or enable the player to play e.g. taping, strapping, injections, sitting in an oxygen chamber, seeing a German specialist etc. In real life, with a moderately sprained ankle, for instance, after about a week you can get strapped up and play, but with the chances of reinjuring much higher than if you let it recover completely, and with physical and technical attributes likely to be reduced.

Here the rate in which players could recover / play successfully whilst carrying an injury could be dependent on the quality and quantity of your physios and or your finances (ability to send them to the best specialists). I'm not suggesting that a good physio could make the blind see, more he could use his skills to patch up a player more regularly and successfully than a poor one.

This feature could be tempered by players mental characteristics, e.g. Some players relishing the prospect of getting back quicker because they love the club or are fitness freaks, whether others may get upset that you are potentially ruining their bodies by trying to play them when they are not fully fit.

There should also be the ability for players with injuries such as Achilles tendonitis or back problems to play through a season or for a certain period before being sent off for treatment albeit with reduced stats where appropriate and / or increasing likelihood of getting different injuries, again something that happens in real life. I seem to recall this happened in very old versions of the game, so if it happens in this one, please disregard.

Players with injuries such as broken wrists, cut heads etc. should be able to play whilst still injured but with the risk of angering them depending on their mental characteristics (or pleasing them) as above.

Also players with colds, flu (if you are particularly sadistic) etc. should also be made to play but with reduced abilities (and risk of angering them) and risk of passing infection. At the moment the option of them being treated by a physio with less days off then sending them home seems a little odd (What do FM physios know about treating a cold or flu - so that patient recovers more quickly - that thousands of scientists don't yet know?).

I also third (or maybe fourth) the better description of injuries during matches – rather than 'he has picked up a knock he will have to go off.' From the prognosis of the injury (Again maybe dependent on quality of physio or the attributes of player) I should make a call on whether to carry on playing him and suffer any consequences from that decision.

bl0u6344
29-11-2006, 11:06
Originally posted by 5566,F4,WeWe:
assistant manager could feedback on a monthly basis of how loaned out players are doing for their club.

This is a brilliant idea IMO. Also would like to see a personal life (maybe even being able to buy a low league club and become chairman if you have a lucrative contract at a big club, hard to implement though? I think this would be an amazing feature!).

morvar
30-11-2006, 01:10
After playing 9 or 10 seasons I tend to get bored. That's why I'd love to see the manager salary actually being used somehow. As it stands now the manager salary is not very interesting. At least not for me.

If that money you earn as a manager would be put aside monthly, you could build up a little pile of money. Say if you were manager for Portsmouth 10 seasons and earned £7000 a month that would be £840.000,- over 10 years. Now what could be done with that money?

I therefore want a possebilety to buy myself a chairman position with the salary I’ve earned!
(And please don't answer "play TMC" or whatever game that has this in it. The manager salary could be used for something positive)
Let’s say you're totally bored as manager of Portsmouth. You cant' stand the players you've bought, and you've won most things anyway.. BUT you see that the chairman of say, Bournemouth, is looking to quit.. It could be integrated an option to buy him out as a chairman. You could then become chairman/manager of Bournemouth by buying the majorety (51% or more) of the club. This action would ofcourse see you resign as manager of Portsmouth.

As chairman/manager you should not be able to do anything other than; decide feeder/parentclub, salary-budget, transfer-budget, and investments to the stadium and training ground. But that actually is a lot! And I for one think this would be both fun and challenging..

A chairman function could be included by the same way that the Harchester United thing. It could and should be an option to either ignore this function or include it - before you start a new game. This way I think everybody would be happy. Those of you who think it isnt realistic to include such a thing as a "chairman-function" could easily ignore it by not choosing that option.

For me this manager game has always been about enjoying the game, and not thinking about realism. I guess it isnt realistic having a team called Harchester into the game either, but it's surely fun for those who'se into it.

Those who think a chairman function would implode a world of finances into the game - and therefore making it more complex... The economy bit could stay the same as it is now, as I think that after the patch the economy would be adjusted a bit. I'm not saying I want this for FM2007, but I strongly hope that Sigames would at least consider this option - as I think it would increase the playabilety.

I know m,any would say that this is a managergame, not a Directorgame. But I know some people who think the chairman/manager ting could prolong their game. And I think Sigames should include this as an option becouse of the playabilety increase I think it would create. FM2007 isn’t a TV show of Harchester United either, yet that option is still in the game..

I'm sorry for the grammar-bit! My English is a bit rusty..

SilentScream
30-11-2006, 04:58
Originally posted by bl0u6344:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 5566,F4,WeWe:
assistant manager could feedback on a monthly basis of how loaned out players are doing for their club.

This is a brilliant idea IMO. Also would like to see a personal life (maybe even being able to buy a low league club and become chairman if you have a lucrative contract at a big club, hard to implement though? I think this would be an amazing feature!). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with you on that. What is the point of working up to a high salary contract at the moment on FM?
It makes no difference whether you're getting payed 1,000 pounds a week or 30,000 because there's nothing to do with the money.

bl0u6344
30-11-2006, 05:02
I'd prefer to be manager of my own club, and chairman to another. Have the AI getting annoyed at you for a change lol!

LtCyc
30-11-2006, 05:12
Originally posted by Great_Dane:
more detailed team talks towards players;

Negative
<LI>You're missing to many chances, hit the target!
<LI>You're being a bit greedy with the ball, play with your team mates!
<LI>Yellow card... please be cautious of your tackles!
<LI>I expected more from you!

- I agree: Specific orders for specific players (st, mc, dc)
Also:

- Fans interaction. Or press conferences with the fans twice a year to discuss.

- More god damn leagues which I do not think is difficult(cyprus)

- A choice of a sponsor. If not your own, at least have a say.

- Specific sponsors. I think this could be an advertisment and an income for SI, but if not real-life sponsors, at least made up ones: SI-Beer, Santa-Clause's aftershave...
- Some logos to appear on the kits according to the sponsor.

- More default kit styles: No matter how much I download there are always kits missing, so this year I go with the default to keep a common interface. But it's boring.

- A press conference after the game. with some options about it rather than random media questions.

- A huge problem is that they do not really take in account the european leagues. It would be nice to set the champions league as a goal.
I know it probably affects the game already, but it doesn't show in the confidence window.

- The option to add leagues:
What country? Is it official (for Eu comps)? how many teams? how many teams relegated? A choice of rules, then let the game engine figure out the fixture list.

I could go on forever, but now I'm too busy waiting for the god damn patch...

edwingray
01-12-2006, 02:19
1. When using multi-select to get coach or physio reports, I like to get the replies on one screen.

2. Player report cards (along the lines of scout report cards). These could incorporate much of the info we already have in a more compact form.

3. An over view of the pitch which visualises the effects made to tactics when I alter slider bars. Examples: I can then see how deep my defence is standing, how wide the formation is.

4. Many lower league teams don't have an assistant manager, but have a coach/player coach. In these cases he should be able to give us the same advice/opinions that an assistant manager gives us, e.g. best line up, feed-back from team talks etc.

5. End of season squad assessment screens. E.g. from youth coach, which player she recommends for release or contracts etc. Ditto from first team coach, assistant.

Harper
01-12-2006, 17:58
Feeder Clubs
Ability to request the board look into the possibility of becoming affiliated with a club that you, the human manager designates.

When a feeder club is promoted to the same division as you, the board automatically offers clubs to replace that type of agreement.

Harper
01-12-2006, 18:03
Adding to the team report, the assistant manager could also do a depth chart that ranks every player contracted to the club (on loan or not).

chelsea_pumas
03-12-2006, 05:05
The option to start a game with all attributes hidden. This would mean that scouts would have to be used and you could select players on form rather than if they've got good stats. At the moment if a youth player is playing very well I consider putting him in the first team but the stats are always to low so I don't. It would make it harder but more realistic.

elfinke
03-12-2006, 06:55
Something ALL CM/FM games have been in dire need of, but I don't think they've ever had implemented...

...a 'boss' button.

FM needs a big button on the interface that you can click to make FM minimise and open wordpad/excel or some such office-like product, that you can hit when your boss is approaching your work station/desk.

http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

elfinke
03-12-2006, 06:57
Gah, can't edit.

I realise alt+tab functions in similar manner, but I still think a purpose made button for FM wouldn't go astray.

grahamf
04-12-2006, 03:08
a couple of minor things that would be handy would be restructure transfer/wage balance, so for example if your trying to make a couple of big transfers you could reduce the overall wage budget and use the extra cash on the transfers.

Also the option to cancel a player tuition rather than having to wait for it to come to its natural conclusion.

Dicko79
04-12-2006, 06:24
A couple of ideas that I have would be fairly simple:

1 - Loaning players to feeder clubs.
When signing a player who doesn't have a work permit, i'd like to have the option to "ask player if he will be prepared to play at <feeder vlub> to attain work permit". In my game i've signed a few players without WP but they aren't interested in playing for my Belgian 2nd division feeder team, so i've ended up selling them on.

2 - Delaying the acceptance of other jobs.
I've not experienced this yet in FM 07 but in 06 I was managing Liverpool, and was 3 days away from the Champs League final, which if i'd won would have been my 2nd League/Champs League double on the bounce. I then got offered the Barcelona job, which I really wanted, but there wasn't the option to delay the offer until the end of the season. Hence I had to walk out of Liverpool 3 days before the Champs League final. I think it would be better if you get offered a jop from April onwards you have the option of accepting the job from the end of that season. The board could stop you transfer listing any players etc or doing anything to give you an advantage.

Frenzy
05-12-2006, 05:08
If i put reject offer from teams, it should reject them even if they are just enquiring about them, it`s very annoying when teams keeping asking about players or offering money even though you`ve put in the transfer page reject all offers.

DavsClaus
05-12-2006, 05:44
Originally posted by elfinke:
Something ALL CM/FM games have been in dire need of, but I don't think they've ever had implemented...

...a 'boss' button.

FM needs a big button on the interface that you can click to make FM minimise and open wordpad/excel or some such office-like product, that you can hit when your boss is approaching your work station/desk.

The boss button wasn't that in old days when games were run in DOS mode?

For Windows use ALT + TAB to your corporate mail client and you are set.

shamule
05-12-2006, 13:16
Chance to add fav teams and players plus teams and players you dislike during the game for your manager

shamule
05-12-2006, 13:18
instead of amount of coachs you can have change it to a wage limit for coachs, scouts ect...

shamule
05-12-2006, 13:22
more squad rotation by computer managers during cup games and busy xmas periods. plus top teams in euro comps resting key players before a big cup game coming up

shamule
05-12-2006, 13:25
we can see subs warming up, but it would be a nice touch to see manager pacing around to side lines

JRHaggs
05-12-2006, 13:33
I would like to see coaches develop or deteriorate more than they do. I may be missing it but, I've never noticed the extent to which this occurs.

aston_martin
05-12-2006, 14:04
i think that there should be a wind up player option so you can wind up opposin players on yellows or ones with bad temprament and also a to get your player(s) to run at an opposing player more to try and get him sent off when booked i think that would make the matches more realistic

shamule
07-12-2006, 02:20
On records where you have top goal scorer and league apperances. It woulb be good if you could maybe have the top 5, So you can see your players moving uop the all time goal scorers charts or league app. This could be for your club, cup comp or league you are playing in.

Super Bladesman
07-12-2006, 04:02
Originally posted by aston_martin:
i think that there should be a wind up player option so you can wind up opposin players on yellows or ones with bad temprament and also a to get your player(s) to run at an opposing player more to try and get him sent off when booked i think that would make the matches more realistic

You can kind of do that now, but it's not explicit. You can set up your tactics to run at a certain player, maybe tackle them harder to try and wind them up etc.

Super Bladesman
07-12-2006, 04:02
Originally posted by shamule:
On records where you have top goal scorer and league apperances. It woulb be good if you could maybe have the top 5, So you can see your players moving uop the all time goal scorers charts or league app. This could be for your club, cup comp or league you are playing in.

I like http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

Tim Madisun
08-12-2006, 04:56
Scout reports for your own players

I really like the scout reports, and would like to be able to be able to scout my own players to check on their ability and more importantly - future ability.

Currently, you can only get the training reports which vary as to who is managing the training and their ability to judge potential.

tomhorse
08-12-2006, 05:00
Originally posted by Tim Madisun:
Scout reports for your own players

I really like the scout reports, and would like to be able to be able to scout my own players to check on their ability and more importantly - future ability.

Currently, you can only get the training reports which vary as to who is managing the training and their ability to judge potential.

Or a training card along the same lines as the scout card but delivered by the coaches.

FrazT
08-12-2006, 05:04
Asked for before but not implemented yet:

When a player picks up an in game injury and gets the dreaded green cross, the ability to get some sort of physio report about the seriousness of the injury- even if you are given a choice with a suggestion from the physio about the action you should take.

Some sense to the Assistants training report that doesnt tell you that player X hasnt trained well last month when he has been injured!

JB22
09-12-2006, 04:22
I would like in the player search area, when selecting the filters, to have an affiliated club team player search, that way rather than scrawling through the 5 or 6 feeder clubs etc, I can just select say affiliated clubs -> listed for loan etc.

bananbulgaren
10-12-2006, 03:33
Hallo Everyone!
First of all, I'm new to all this forum stuff so i dont really know how to behave... I'm sorry if i break any rules, i dont intend to.
I just think you should be able to put yourself as the coach i training sessions. i think many lower league club acctually use their manager to run training. Maybe theres a post about this somewhere, but like i said im kinda new.
Thanks for your time

Wayne\'o
10-12-2006, 04:14
personaly i think si shoudl stop makignh a new game for a couple of years. spend the next 2 or 3 years makign an great game with out any bugs. give the game more testing. may be just bring out a data update for current version.

DavsClaus
10-12-2006, 04:21
[b]Trials to be more used by you and the AI{/b].

IRL many players are on trials all year round.

It happends for:
- potential signings (also for high profile players, etc former national players)
- for players coming far from your country (eg. eastern european, african etc.)
- potential hot prospects get invitations to come on training trial at bigger clubs (Chelsea having 4-5 danish prospects on training right now. Andreas Laudrup at Ajax right now etc.)

Now trials is just used very rarely. It should be a the best way to get a great scout report/attributes/hints about hidden attributes or mentality of the player, that you can't get by normal scouting.

DavsClaus
10-12-2006, 04:24
Originally posted by FrazT:
Some sense to the Assistants training report that doesnt tell you that player X hasnt trained well last month when he has been injured!

Yeah needs sense and why not list more players than only 3?

In a game I setup special training for attackers and defenders. So I get a report that my strikers have failed to progress in (defense) and the reverse for my defenders.

jim65
10-12-2006, 04:38
More than anything, I would like the ability to be able to sell the players I don't want. Sure, all clubs will get stuck with the odd one, but Champ clubs will always be sniffing for the Prem players who aren't getting in their first teams. This part of the game is not realistic.

More than anything though, I would like SI to realise that they have a very loyal following due to the quality of their product and their after sales service. There really is therefore no need to rush out a new version just because CM are. Let them have the buggy games. Believe me SI, would rather wait a week or two longer for the finished product. I don't buy other games, there's no point is there?

aston_martin
10-12-2006, 07:51
for future versions i would like to see re-ranking and the AI figuring out your tactics done more realistically becuase in FM07 it just sort of happens suddenly so your tactic could be doing great and then all of a sudden the AI figures it out. IMO this is not realistic as IRL the opposition teams would figure out your tactic gradually so it would become less effective over time not completey uneffective suddenly, this is the only thing that drags FM07 down IMO.

marc1873
10-12-2006, 08:39
substitute team talks..as in stated in thread with lots of support

UNITED!!!!!
11-12-2006, 12:51
this is just a very small something that has always bugged me but never (i think) has been sorted out

When before a game, a player is ineligable, it is possible tio click on the INE sign. When you do however, it never tells you why they are ineligable! Either i am being blind or its just a miniscule fauly in an otherwise extremely enjoyable game.

Akim
11-12-2006, 13:49
U19 U21 world championship
U19 and U21 continental championships (atm only europe implemented)

Adam James
11-12-2006, 14:43
When you introduce a player as a substitute, the ability to tell him to "Make a difference", "Hold on for the result" and such like.

The amount of times I want to tell a striker to "make a difference" when I bring him on but I can't.

marc1873
11-12-2006, 14:48
Originally posted by Adam James:
When you introduce a player as a substitute, the ability to tell him to "Make a difference", "Hold on for the result" and such like.

The amount of times I want to tell a striker to "make a difference" when I bring him on but I can't.

My Idea http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Adam James
11-12-2006, 14:50
couldn't find it on a quick flick sorry marc...

Twlight
While I understand that most of the people who play this game aren't American. I think that the addition of some NCAA soccer clubs for the united states would be interesting. Though the licenses would have to be faked because of how the NCAA works. But i think that being able to scout college matches would be great for those who play MLS.

birdy123

Good idea http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

Greg Beckett
11-12-2006, 14:53
When filtering players in player search, an option which lets you filter through 'domestic stats', then the aspects like 'player rating', or 'games played' (lets you see which players are being negelcted), then say above 7.30 or less than 5 games - like the attributes part already in the filter section. I know it can be done through sorting stats, but I want to be able to have that and prices sorted as well.

Very Tedious
12-12-2006, 07:36
Link To On This Day Addition Thread (http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=21019056&f=521102691&m=8432085282&r=7462085282#7462085282)

Adding this as a possible addition, as requested in the thread.

DavsClaus
12-12-2006, 08:01
Substitution:
When doing a sub there text commentary should include the player position.

e.g. Rooney (ST) is being subbed with Henke.

Okay Rooney is a famous person so we all know he plays as a ST but in many of the games I play I have to find the team overview of the opponent when he did a sub to see if it was a defender, midfielder or a striker.

Imperius
12-12-2006, 08:30
More reaction after you've resigned to take another job. At the moment its like you've never existed. How did the players/board/fans/local press/local women take your sudden departure (only joking with the las one!).

Also, greater player IQ to recognise when a new boss has arrived, when he's just been removed from the transfer list, when he hasn't been playing well etc. EG, a transfer listed player has "wants to prove his worth" in his screen. You take him off the transfer list to give him a chance and he's immediately moaning and groaning about first team football as if its a big surprise he hasn't been featuring.

Moonshine
12-12-2006, 10:57
On the last one: More reaction during your spell at the club, e.g. 'XXXX (Board Cahirman) is impressed with the the qualification into the second round proper of the FA cup. As a reward he gives you another 3k in your transfers'

Secondly, a recognition of past greats on a) Club Info screen, and b) During stadium Change, including the naming of differant stands, and an amount of seats to be made.: e.g. Chelsea Info: Past Greats: Peter Osgood, 'Chopper' Harris, Willy 'Fatty' Foulkes.
"New Stadium to be built: Chelsea have announced today that they will be starting work on the 'Chopper' Harris Memorial Stadium, seating 80,000 on 1/1/25. The differant stands are to be the New Matthew Harding Stand, The New Shed End, The 'Fatty' Foulkes East and the Osgood West Stand. Work will be finished on approx. 1/1/27.'

Basic rehaul of stadium moves^^^^^^

Thirdly , a placement (fictitious or real) of away and home fans, using coloured borders on the edge of the match screen. This will provide a sense of depth equalled by the 'substitute warm-up' scheme. e.g:
|=================|
| |
| || ||=Away fans.
|=================||

This means that when the commentry 'And xxx runs over to the Swansea fans in delight', he actually runs to the Swansea fans.

Lastly, an addition to the commentry, and Media comments.
e.g.1 [Commentry] And Ronaldhinio swivels on the ball.
He goes past one, two.
He looks to pick out Deco at the far post.
The cross comes in.
Deco rise to header, but misses!
And theirs Xavi, hes hit it well.
Its in like a bullet! Gooooaaaaaal!

e.g2[Media] 'You've just lost 4-0 to bottom of the league Blackburn, how do you feel?
Option 1:Itwas awful. My team played the worst it has all season.
Option 2: We all have our bad days. This was just worse than ever.
Option 3 (Less than 6 'First Team Players'[Definition up to SI]) As you can see, I was giving my reserves a run out. They are obviously not as agood as My First team.
Option 4: I am happy with the way my team oplayed, we were unlucky to be honest.
Option 5:I am planning to rethink my tactics as a result [Possible comment on this after next match, depending on positive/negative]
Option 6: We changed our tactics for this, that is obviously the problem [Again, as above.

This could carry on as well. This would make the games interaction feature far better than it is at the moment...

Moonshine
12-12-2006, 10:58
|=================|
| |
| ||
|=================||

||=Away fans is meant

Moonshine
12-12-2006, 10:58
Gah triple post...how do I make that pitch model work????????

Joey-B
12-12-2006, 11:05
Might of been mentioned to go through 101 pages to find out if it has.
The ability to manage the U21 of a national team.
Like Taylor.
http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

UNITED!!!!!
12-12-2006, 11:45
perhaps the option to see all of the oppositions prefered feet as it is very tedious to have to look through all of the players to decide for opposition instructions

marc1873
12-12-2006, 12:23
couldn't find it on a quick flick sorry marc...

no problem mate, was just havin a laugh.

its good to see more people asking for it meaning more chance of getting it..so tell your friends haha

CSF90
12-12-2006, 12:44
I'd like to see the option to ask your board for more money if you really want to sign a specific player you feel will be an assett to the club.
e.g. You only have £14million, but a striker you would like to sign would be available for around £16million, so you go to the board (or maybe include it under the "Player Interaction" submenu) and ask for additional funds.

This has been requested countless times before, but alas, to no avail http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.

CSF90
12-12-2006, 12:44
Bah, asset*

New Roosterman
12-12-2006, 20:15
One thing which would assist, especialy with the bigger named clubs, is the abiloity to sell naming rights for your stadium (e.g. Emierates stadium). Even if it was controlled and done through the board, it would create an extra revenue stream for the clubs, something which does happen in real life.

Marky Mark!
12-12-2006, 21:55
I'd like no bugs please!

Twlight
12-12-2006, 22:11
Originally posted by elfinke:

...a 'boss' button.

you can macro windows key+M to minimize all windows on your desktop.

Gunner 101
13-12-2006, 10:41
I recently posted a thread about ground sharing onto the genaeral questions so that there is an option of appraoaching a bigger club or a same sized club as yourself to share their ground with them.

norwichaggy
16-12-2006, 14:22
This probably has been said before, but I don't really know what to put in the search engine thing.

But it would be good to be able to have a "shout" option during the game. Maybe it could go in the "quick tactics" bit and look like a half time/ full time team talk.

For me, it gets really annoying when you change tactics but players atill either mess up all the time or just seem lazy and you can't shout at them until half time. I want to be able to rip into them from the sideline.

pastaboy
16-12-2006, 21:19
I'd like the ability to tick a box that allowed me to automatically refuse ANY offers. Having these clutter my future transfers in page is annoying, when there's no way they're coming in, but with so many damn offers (including the same ones over and over), it's too time consuming to refuse them (IMO).

It'd be nice to be able to clear out the scout reports on my scouts.

I'd like for bids that meet my requirements not be rejected for some unknown reason. For example, I set a "reject all bids 14.99 million $ and lower" on a player. A club came to me with an enquiry on that player. I said I wanted $15 million and a 20% sell-on clause, they agreed, yet I auto-rejected the bid. It would be nice if combo bids (such as 5 million now, 10 million over X months) would count as a 15 million bid (which would meet the requirements to not get auto-rejected, which they currently do).

Better logic in generating gray players in emergency situations would be nice. Just had a horrid Gold Cup final vs Mexico as the US manager. 22 man rosters, and injuries just piled up over the tournament. Had 9 injured players for the final. I had started the tourney with a back line of 4 (DL, DR, DC, DC), but injuries left me with only TWO healthy defenders (I had called up a total of 7 players who could play on the back line, and was left with 2 DCs and 1 DM). The computer generated some grays for me, but not a one of the grays was a defender (of any sort). Did give me a GK, though (even though I had 3 healthy GKs available), and some MLs and MRs. Needless to say, I got trounced in the final.

dylanismyjesus
18-12-2006, 07:42
I'd like relegation to be more devastating. Currently playing in the Championship and Tottenham and Middlesborough are topping the table. Tottenham haven't lost a game.

Whilst i reckon that's a fair reflection of where they would be if they were to be relegated, Tottenham have only lost Defoe to Everton, and despite having an ENOURMOUS wage bill are still listed as being rich.

Boro haven't sold a single player. Are you telling me Berbatov, Lennon, Robinson, Yakubu, Boateng, and Downing would all spend a season in the Championship. NO chance, it would be like when Juve were dumped into Serie B.

Also, a minor cosmetic:

When a player scores against one of his favoured clubs, could he just turn and walk back to the centre circle like Rio Ferdinand did when he scored against West Ham? I signed Paul Wotton from Plymouth, he was born in Plymouth, and played for them almost his entire career. 2 months after signing for me he scores a free-kick AT PLYMOUTH and 'kisses his badge and thumps the air', running over to the crowd.

Unlikely.

DragonZ
21-12-2006, 08:42
SI: can you PLEASE think about of add in the comparison menu between 2 players also the "star comparation" (im talkin about the Player Profile Overwiew where is the cool graphic "star" that show defending, mental, aerial, technical, attacking etc. etc.) PLEASE make possible also this in comparison menu, i dont know how maybe adding a new "voice" called graphic overview or something like that.Me and all my friends will really appreciate that!!!

err... above for comparison i meant superimposition with 2 different colors

Great_Dane
23-12-2006, 03:49
just curious... is there a award for first player to 10 Premiership goals? i didn't realise that it existed, untill i read Didier Drogba recieved it this year. if not, i think it would be a nice addy for future versions.

GillsMan
24-12-2006, 05:34
Originally posted by Imperius:
Scouting etc:

The scouting pre-FM7 was poor not just because of the rudimentary information, but also because scouts, like assistant managers and coaches, talked ********.

Nowadays, you get a large report, which is fine, but can you trust a word of it? After all, ******** is ********, whether its one line or one hundred.

Moving towards my suggestion...

I could be wrong, but I get the impression that the game has probabilities factored in to decide whether or not a coach (or whoever) will give you decent information or complete rubbish. EG: In FM6 (and for all we know in FM7) an assistant manager or coach report on a youth player would read something like “this player could become a class act” etc. You’d get all exited, load FM Scout to have a look and it turns out he’s got a CA of 5 and a PA of 8. You were given utter ********. Other times, however, they appear to be given decent information. Like rolling some dice, you ask a question and its mere chance whether you get crap or decent info’. The poor coach is more likely to talk rubbish (but not necessarily always) and vice versa. This is useless as you cannot possibly know if what they’ve said in correct or not.

I know they are trying to replicate reality, where coaches etc don’t always get things right, some are better than others and all that, but there is a world of difference in judging this in the real world and in a game. In a game I think we should be able to trust the information. The quality of the staff member concerned should manifest itself in the AMOUNT of information, not the likelihood of it being complete garbage. So, a poor assistant manager or coach might give one line indicating the youth player with CA/PA of 5/8 is unlikely to make it. A quality assistant manager/coach would provide a report similar to the new FM7 scouting system that goes into more detail. Either way, you would have SOME idea about that player without worrying if the staff member concerned said the opposite to real truth.

The same goes for physio reports. This stuff about “out between a week and six months” is laughable. Real life? A physio wouldn’t last 10 minutes in a job if he was that dopey. A bloke in the pub could give a more accurate time scale if you gave him the injury and when it happened. It’s fair enough for poorer physios to be a bit less sure of a diagnosis, but not to anything like that level. Instead, they should have a +/- accuracy of no more than 10% of the true time out and combine the “quality of staff factor” with the amount of information. For example, a good physio, in addition to providing accurate assessments of time out injured, could provide in-depth reports of the player’s condition. The poorer physio would give the usual one liner and a slightly less accurate time out prediction.

I’d also like to see more physio involvement, eg half time and in-game indications of the injury a player has picked up (at the moment its just a green square – what injury is it? Is it likely to get worse if he remains on the pitch or is it the sort of injury that can be run off?), reports about future injury proneness, repetitions of former injuries etc. Again, a good physio would provide extensive information, a bad one minimal information. But GOOD information, NOT left to chance whether it was utter rubbish.
A very well thought out idea IMO. I'd be in favour of this to some extent for sure.

Yalcin
30-12-2006, 10:22
Numbers on the sliders to easily recreate something that's thought of in the tactics forum would be nice too!

gaijin
30-12-2006, 12:27
One of the problems I had with International managment was the press praising up players who quite frankly don't need praising to me, because their rep is massive.

Players on the up with low reputation should be getting the media plaudits not shoe-ins like Henry or Rooney.

I would take one of the above's comments and suggest that you can actually watch that specific match or highlights of that player so you can see what's so good about him.

I personally think the media reccomendations for call-ups are to be taken with a pinch of slat because they are either crap or a NT regular.

Also, please stop non league players being able to smash the ball as hard as Steven Gerrard when they fire it over.

gaijin
30-12-2006, 12:32
Yellow cards for time-wasting would be brilliant.

gaijin
30-12-2006, 12:37
Originally posted by 1ronaldo:
- Have open trial days. This could be when you have a trial open to the genral public and you can scout for raw talent.

I like this idea. I would implement something akin to placing a job in the job-office for staff. A similar thing for players if you are a non-league club. Basically out of contract players offer their services if you are looking for a left-back or a striker etc.

robbo_16
30-12-2006, 12:58
Trials
Similar to the trial open days, but at the start of the season players who don't have a contract should take part in a match ,effectively a trial game, where all managers, scouts, coaches etc can 'view' the game.
They can then decide to buy or take a player on trial for a extended period.
Not sure but i think lower league clubs are able to watch Premiership players who have been released from their club, via the PFA.
Media
Even though the media side of the game is fine it can be improved.
More local media involvement as usually they are more likely to create pressure than the national media.
Media awards - North Eastern Writers PLayer of the Year etc.
Player Interation
More training ground bust ups when things are going wrong at the club "X dislikes Y" "X demands transfer".
For foreign players, they could "complain" to their own press, "Marca" like Luque or Reyes about the manager or speak about reported interest from their own country. Ths would lead to the manager having to have meeting with the player.
The manager and chairman should have monthly meetings to discuss transfers money for the transfer window and future developments.
An AGM which would be like a news item every year stating how the club has done financially (using the rich list to say if they have improved or decreased), reasons for this and future investments (if a takeover is in the process or there are rumours, a statement would be released.

tom69er
30-12-2006, 17:31
i dont know if anyones already said this but the only thing i think it needs is 3d match engine

gallas 10
30-12-2006, 17:44
I'd like the option of instead creating a new manager, just simply taking on the role of a real life manager, e.g. if I chose Arsene Wenger, I'd be managing Arsenal.

rafregt
30-12-2006, 18:09
Originally posted by shamule:
we can see subs warming up, but it would be a nice touch to see manager pacing around to side lines

nice idea, top forum name too! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

GillsMan
30-12-2006, 18:37
I have a few ideas - they are really only cosmetic, but I would like to see them in the game as it's the little things that make the game really cool IMO.

Players Returning

- I'd like to see the match commentary make some comment if a player scores against his old club eg "and Darius Vassell has scored against his old club!!"

- If the player started at my club but never played a game, maybe the commentary could say something like "and Kevin Phillips scores against the club that released him as a teenager!!" or words to that effect

- I think the media should make a comment if I resign a new player, particularly if the player has a high rep or the fans really love him. For example "Return of The Messiah! Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is hoping to recapture old glories having resigned Patrick Vieira from Juventus. Arsenal fans are said to be delighted at the return of one of their heroes and are praising Wenger for signing him."

Records

- I would like to see record transfer fees mentioned in media items, for example "Chelsea have today smashed the world record transfer fee, splashing out £49 million for Internazionale's Adriano. This fee is £5 million more for the previous record fee which was the £45 million Real Madrid paid to Juventus for former France international Zinedine Zidane."

- Additionally, I'd like to see individual club transfer records mentioned. This used to be in one of the old SI games, 97/98 I think and I'd like to see them back with the relevant media item: "Leon Knight today became the most expensive player in Gillingham's history when Gills manager Ronnie Jepson paid Swansea £825,000 for the player's services. The previous record, which had stood for an incredible nine years, was for Carl Asaba who joined the Gills in a transfer worth £650,000 from Reading in 1998."

- More media items when a player is coming up to a goal/appearance/clean sheet record (both overall totals and seasonal), and these records to be kept in the game's database both on an individual club level, a league level and a world level. So you could have "Man United's Wayne Rooney will have one eye on the club's goalscoring charts when he faces Aston Villa today. Rooney, 32, is just two goals behind Man United legend Sir Bobby Charlton's all-time record of 199 league goals for the club." Or you could have "David Villa is closing in on Raul's record for most league goals in a season. Valencia striker David Villa is just one goal behind Real Madrid legend Raul's tally of 29 goals in the 2001/02 season." Or you could have "Scott Carson could make history today if he manages to keep a clean sheet in Liverpool's match against Rock Bottom Watford. Carson is just 56 minutes away from beating the current world record of 1,259 minutes without conceding a goal."

Player & Club Descriptions

- Currently, clubs are described as "surprise package" or "recently relegated" or a choice of others. I'd also like to see included "runaway leaders", "rock bottom", "giant killers", "<league name> high fliers", "struggling", "<league name> strugglers" "world champions" (International) and "European champions" (International). I like the idea of the pre-match review saying: "Runaway leaders Chelsea take on Premiership strugglers Middlesborough today", or "world champions Italy face Scotland in the Group C clash this evening".

- I'd just like to see box-to-box midfielder added. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I could go on, but I'm sure you're all bored by now!! I would like to see the game's media model updated though to better reflect the huge amount of difference in media involvement between managing in the Premiership and managing in the lower leagues. Also the higher the rep of your club, the more media involvement you have. E.g. if I manage Hibernian in Scotland, and then take over Celtic or Rangers I should notice the huge amount of extra media work I have to do. For those who don't like it, they can set their assistant to deal with the media (or at least a certain percentage of the media work).

Just my few ideas.

zak bentley
31-12-2006, 03:11
I'd like to see the feature of player dislikes. Two players in the team don'r gwet on with each other and when played in the same team rarely pass to each other. What will the manager do? etc.

evert0n4life
31-12-2006, 04:09
Not sure if it has been said, but I would like a "Partnership" feature. This would apply to Central Defenders, Central Midfielders and Strikers. Once a striker has played alongside another one, they will get a partnership rating. They can improve this partnership by working at it in training or being good friends etc ...

E.G. In real life, Germany's Lukas Podolski and Miroslav Klose, would have a bad partnership rating because they don't work too well with each other. But Colchesters pairing of Chris Iwulemo and Jamie Cureton would have a very high rating because their partnership is very good and understanding.

This could go in every players profile as a tab similar to the personal and transfer tabs that are already there.

I also agree with the newspaper idea for finding whats going on in all leagues, it could be displayed as a magazine like MATCH or SHOOT.

MattUK
31-12-2006, 04:55
Naked go go dancers.
Team mascots
Streakers.
The reintroduction of barbed wire fences.
Racism on the terraces.
The sound of bones breaking.
Coins being thrown onto the pitch.
Bionic parts for players.
Roller skates.

Antonin
31-12-2006, 20:45
I would love to see more African leagues.

When I set up a game I usually make several teams in a particular region playable. So I can take jobs in, say, the UK, then Ireland, then Scotland, then Wales.

Can't do that if you're playing in South Africa.

With a growing number of the world's top players coming from African countries, it's about time more African leagues were present in the game. Nigeria. Ghana. Cameroon.

If any of you African guys out there think you know football, it's time to step up and become a researcher for SI!

Dreaded Walrus
31-12-2006, 23:14
Originally posted by davidbowie:
Scout reports on your own players.

I like most of your suggestions, davidbowie, and this is one of the best yet, and something I've been meaning to mention.

It is often very difficult to guess at the PA of your youngsters, as often there will be people with a PA that is quite low, but a CA that is quite high. And likewise, there are youngsters that have a PA that is quite high, but a CA that is quite low.

So normally, if you want to find out about a player, you send a scout to watch them a few times and you find out (for example) "Peter Green reckons that John Hartson is the strongest striker in the squad but Sturridge isn't far from that standard". "Peter Green thinks Sturridge has the potential to be a lot better than John Hartson's current level of ability" e.t.c, and you can get even more detail if you persist with the scouting.

However, with your own players, all you have is the Training>Overview Coach Report pane (for example: "Nigel Pearson reckons young striker Stefan Morrison is a decent member of our squad"), and that seems to be grossly inaccurate also, with the vast majority of players, from my reserves to my youngsters, being classed as "a decent member of our squad", even though Stefan Morrison is quite awful.

Basically, if a player is playing for you, you are actually at a disadvantage with regards to finding out information (especially with regards to PA) about him. What I would suggest, as davidbowie did, would be the ability to have scout report-style reports on him, except possibly from the Training>Overview page, where the almost entirely-useless "Coach Report" information is. It could replace that, or even have a separate panel, where your coaches give you information about the player.

Because currently the only real way to see how promising your players are is to save the game, then create a few new managers, get their scouts on your players, then read up, before re-loading the game again.

Surely you should know more about your own players than other teams potentially can?

I'm happy with the vast majority of FM07, but this is just one oversight which isn't really too big a thing seeing how these scout reports are new, but it surely shouldn't take too much coding to include the ability to "look at" your own players?

Sliderift
31-12-2006, 23:22
i wanna see comparions using the overview button. i think the overview button is way cool. so comparing using them you can really see the differences between the two players.

HonkyDick
01-01-2007, 00:34
I suggested this before but in a thread that seems to have drowned.

I reckon when we go on holiday we should be able to choose to do a private scouting mission. Choose a destination(country/continent) and the length of time you intend to holiday for, then the game would give you a list of the games that are being played in the time your there. You could then select the games you want to view and do your own scouting.
This may not be needed for managing a high reputation club that can scout everywhere, but it could be for managers who can't scout outside their own club or continent.

This could also be a way of doing something with your own wages, not that I care about that but I've seen a few people wanting to do something with their own money in the game.

Dreaded Walrus
01-01-2007, 00:45
Originally posted by HonkyDick:
This could also be a way of doing something with your own wages, not that I care about that but I've seen a few people wanting to do something with their own money in the game.
Yes. Normally, when negotiating a new contract, I try to negotiate the lowest possible wages for myself, so as not to take away finances from my club when it isn't being used for anything at all. Your own salary may as well be money being poured onto the ground once a week, so I try to make it as low as possible. This would be a way to use it without introducing trivial, un-necessary things like Strip Club mode.

tattie
01-01-2007, 07:26
When you start the game you have to be an assistant manager and you have to prove yourself with the Youth or reserve leagues with no transfers and your manager snapping any promising players up from you http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif and you can buy a lower league plug-in sorta patch thingy thay enables you to play leagues such as the rymans, istmians and the southern premier?

JBC#1
01-01-2007, 07:33
As far as im aware manager wages dont take away from finances ,just a higher one increases your reputation. I think this is what happens

Dreaded Walrus
01-01-2007, 17:27
Originally posted by tattie:
and you can buy a lower league plug-in sorta patch thingy thay enables you to play leagues such as the rymans, istmians and the southern premier?

Microtransactions? http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

No thank you. :P

salzia27
04-01-2007, 05:43
1.Assistant manager giving you tactical advise whilst in game

i.e. Player X should be asked to cover player Y as the opposition/player P is very strong in 'that' area
we should play very deep due to the pace of say Henry and our lack of pace at the back

2.Youngsters learning some technical stuff as well when under tutoring

i.e. Zigic should teach youngsters to head the ball like him

3.Having option of no tackling

4.the assistant manager whilst managing under18s and reserves game should do a bit of scouting

5.The board should be willing to review top wage for a player if the wages are lower than the wage budget

i.e.my wage budget was 110k.i was paying 75k in wages.my top player wanted 20k as his wage whilst my top wage was 11k.the board should allow me to offer him 20k

6.Team talks esp. for away games.

i.e. my team leading 2-0 conceded 3 goals in 2nd half b/c it was an away game and my teamtalk of pleased made them very complacent[we were leadin fairly too].Should hv been 'Pleased but dont concede'

zak bentley
04-01-2007, 12:01
I would like to be able to call team meetings to discuss poor performances and stuff.

dunner
05-01-2007, 12:47
Dunno if they have been mentioned before but here are some ideas:

1) Give substitutions personal instructions before they go on. When in your tactics and you select a sub to come on, a drop down list could appear(like pre/half/post match comments) beside the sub with comments like "You could turn this match for us" etc.

2)Perhaps comments during games could be made aswell? Managers constantly shout instructions praise and rollickings at players during games.

3) An option to have private meetings with your players. Making comments through the media is great but as manager you shouldnt have to air your dirty laundry in public. The current interaction module is a very good idea but some new additions to it would be great. For example, If you arent happy with a players form you shouldnt have to spout it all over the media when a private chat would be more realistic and professional. Players could also ask for a private chat with you aswell if they are unhappy with their contract or want more first team action etc.

4) Players dont always get on in game(as it should be) so perhaps an option as manager to try and get these players to resolve their problems. It could have positive results, where the players begin to like each other or negative results, where their relationship is unrepairable. This idea could be put in as part of the private meetings idea as another option because again, these are the sorts of problems that for the most part the public never see or hear, what happens in the dressing room stays there.

Thomas Dowd
05-01-2007, 12:54
Although this thread is quite jocular, there are afew things I would like to see.

1. Scottish League teams often take players on trial and play them in competitive games, yet this seldom happens in gameplay.
2. Different clubs should have different chants.
3. All Premiership and Scottish League Clubs should have their badges uploaded.
4. Postponements should be added.
5. Abandonements should be added.
6. It should be possible for a player to die.
7. Clubs should be able to play friendlies with countries.

evertonian88
05-01-2007, 14:11
I'd like to see better training reports, for example, you assistant manager would not only tell you who has and hasn't trained well but would also make suggestions on particular areas of a player's game that needs improving and maybe recommend a training schedule for this.

Another thing I feel should be introduced is an extra clause when selling players. IRL Wayne Rooney recently signed a contract extension which triggered a payment of £1.5m to Everton from Man Utd as part of his transfer deal. I feel this would be great seeing as too often we miss out on the benefit of putting a sell-on clause into a deal because they continually sign extensions at their new club and eventually are either released or are snapped up on a bosman. This would be a great way to get some more cash out of a club after a player has been sold. Thoughts?

Y2Jay
05-01-2007, 15:57
Have mentioned this in a new topic but thought I should add it to this thread as well.

Ok on to my idea on how to improve a club's budget. For the last few versions You are given a budget and you can't spend more than this. Although in principle this is a good idea I feel it has limitations.

Every club wants success and so shouldn't be limited to a strict budget and the ability to go over the budget and bring in extra players can make a big difference from avoiding relegation to getting into the lucrative position of champions league.

For example, you may spend most of you budget and have say £1m left, then an amazing player who is seen as essential for your team comes available and you can buy him for £4m meaning you need to raise £3m. However, by the time you sell players and raise the £3m needed the player you wanted to buy has now gone.

As a result of this I feel several changes need to be made.

1. You are given a seasonal budget that you have to stick to for that season but allowances are made. For example, your budget is £10m and the season runs from 1/7/2006 - 30/6/06. You are able to overspend the £10m as long as you can recoup this amount by the end of the season. So you can spend £20m on players in August as long as you recoup £10m in January so the overall spending you made is what was budgeted ie. £10m

2. Relate the budget to team performance. For example, you may be given a £5m transfer budget and the board expectation is to achieve a safe mid-table position. If by January you have spent £10m and are in a position where Champions League is possible the board may feel spending £10m is fine and even grant you more money to try and guarantee Champions League football.

3. Buying players who will have a big impact on merchandise doesn't come out of your transfer budget as the money spend will be regained through merchandise sales. This could be implemented by giving each player a merchandise value. The obvious example is David Beckham.

4. Link transfer budget to forecasted revenues and predicted success. For example, going on a cup run where success wasn't expected increases revenue and so more money is available for improving the team.

Please keep in mind though that if you do over-spend and you do not over-achieve original expectations to suffer consequences. This can be to having no transfer budget next season or if you put the clubs' future in jeopardy financially to be sacked.

Stu1892
05-01-2007, 16:08
Set Pieces still **** me off. I would like to tell the player where to stand, not who to mark as it ends up being random. A return of the positioning screen back in the old CM series when you could say where the player should be standing when the ball is in that area.

Also. I'd like players to have permenant instructions attatched to them so you don't have to go through massive changes of everything including set pieces when you bring on a DM for a SC. Because Makelele's is going to know that he's not meant to be going up front. Just a bit time saving basically.

brett.spurs
06-01-2007, 05:47
I think that when you sell a player you can interact with them by saying "wish them good luck" or "I'm glad to get rid of him" etc http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

underH
06-01-2007, 21:20
prozone!! (http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/prozone.php)
plz get this into FM08!!
id like to know who passed to FW most and who lost their possession most etc..
is it not so difficult to include this feature?

Arthur Li
06-01-2007, 21:48
How about making the squad numbers more important like if you take number 7 away from Raul, he'll be upset or if you give Number 10 to a relatively unknown player there would be reactions as well. Oh yeah and retiring numbers as well.

Readingfcsam
07-01-2007, 03:43
Originally posted by GillsMan:
I have a few ideas - they are really only cosmetic, but I would like to see them in the game as it's the little things that make the game really cool IMO.

Players Returning

- I'd like to see the match commentary make some comment if a player scores against his old club eg "and Darius Vassell has scored against his old club!!"

- If the player started at my club but never played a game, maybe the commentary could say something like "and Kevin Phillips scores against the club that released him as a teenager!!" or words to that effect

- I think the media should make a comment if I resign a new player, particularly if the player has a high rep or the fans really love him. For example "Return of The Messiah! Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is hoping to recapture old glories having resigned Patrick Vieira from Juventus. Arsenal fans are said to be delighted at the return of one of their heroes and are praising Wenger for signing him."

Records

- I would like to see record transfer fees mentioned in media items, for example "Chelsea have today smashed the world record transfer fee, splashing out £49 million for Internazionale's Adriano. This fee is £5 million more for the previous record fee which was the £45 million Real Madrid paid to Juventus for former France international Zinedine Zidane."

- Additionally, I'd like to see individual club transfer records mentioned. This used to be in one of the old SI games, 97/98 I think and I'd like to see them back with the relevant media item: "Leon Knight today became the most expensive player in Gillingham's history when Gills manager Ronnie Jepson paid Swansea £825,000 for the player's services. The previous record, which had stood for an incredible nine years, was for Carl Asaba who joined the Gills in a transfer worth £650,000 from Reading in 1998."

- More media items when a player is coming up to a goal/appearance/clean sheet record (both overall totals and seasonal), and these records to be kept in the game's database both on an individual club level, a league level and a world level. So you could have "Man United's Wayne Rooney will have one eye on the club's goalscoring charts when he faces Aston Villa today. Rooney, 32, is just two goals behind Man United legend Sir Bobby Charlton's all-time record of 199 league goals for the club." Or you could have "David Villa is closing in on Raul's record for most league goals in a season. Valencia striker David Villa is just one goal behind Real Madrid legend Raul's tally of 29 goals in the 2001/02 season." Or you could have "Scott Carson could make history today if he manages to keep a clean sheet in Liverpool's match against Rock Bottom Watford. Carson is just 56 minutes away from beating the current world record of 1,259 minutes without conceding a goal."

Player & Club Descriptions

- Currently, clubs are described as "surprise package" or "recently relegated" or a choice of others. I'd also like to see included "runaway leaders", "rock bottom", "giant killers", "<league name> high fliers", "struggling", "<league name> strugglers" "world champions" (International) and "European champions" (International). I like the idea of the pre-match review saying: "Runaway leaders Chelsea take on Premiership strugglers Middlesborough today", or "world champions Italy face Scotland in the Group C clash this evening".

- I'd just like to see box-to-box midfielder added. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I could go on, but I'm sure you're all bored by now!! I would like to see the game's media model updated though to better reflect the huge amount of difference in media involvement between managing in the Premiership and managing in the lower leagues. Also the higher the rep of your club, the more media involvement you have. E.g. if I manage Hibernian in Scotland, and then take over Celtic or Rangers I should notice the huge amount of extra media work I have to do. For those who don't like it, they can set their assistant to deal with the media (or at least a certain percentage of the media work).

Just my few ideas.

I like these ideas should definately be included in FM 08
http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

Readingfcsam
07-01-2007, 03:44
To be able to have the choice to put a set amount of transfer money aside to buy a world-class player. Like Man utd have reportedly put £25m pounds a side for a expensive signing.

Just Jack
07-01-2007, 04:46
more accurate player stats, stephen quinn at sheffield united is a LEGEND!!! if annybody has watched him in the FIRST TEAM you will see he is one of our best players!

dunner
07-01-2007, 08:13
More interaction between club and international managers. International managers usually try to spark up a decent working relationship with club managers for the release of their players. There is communication between both regarding the fitness of players etc

bluemoon12
08-01-2007, 10:32
Originally posted by tom69er:
i dont know if anyones already said this but the only thing i think it needs is 3d match engine
Oh dear god no, the amount of detail needed to warrant that and make it half-decent would kill the game because you wouldnt be able to get all the players done to a realistic level. It would ruin the game

dunner
08-01-2007, 12:54
Plus only those who work for NASA would have a computer capable of playing the bloody thing lol

llama3
08-01-2007, 14:16
i would like clubs to stop enquiring over and over about a player i ahve already set an asking price for! i have had 2 months of Juventus constantly enquiring about Philippe Senderos when i have already stipulated an £8,000,000 price tag

SikorskI
08-01-2007, 18:45
Please improve the plish league...... and if u got time make the 3ird league....this would make all polish players a lot more happy, and the game a lot more enjoable and cool.

thnx

dunner
09-01-2007, 15:51
Players shouldnt ignore their managers team talks so this aspect of the teamtalk module should be either erased or seriously played down. It is very hard to not to repeat yourself when you have a very limited choice of things to say.

Do you honestly think Alex Ferguson would tolerate players just sitting there twiddling their thumbs while he gave last minute tactical orders???

No he wouldnt, if he caught a player doing it they would be out of United in a heartbeat. Plus players are supposed (for the most part )to be professional and they all want to win so it would be in their best interest to pay attention to team talks.

hiru
09-01-2007, 23:01
- An option so we can set a nickname for our own avatar

- An option so we can change to our own sountrack, sometime we're tired of playing and need music ^^

DavsClaus
11-01-2007, 15:20
board room -> request youth academy
board room -> improve youth academy

youth academy could have a limit of no of youth players that can be there. the limit is set to its state of level. so a starter youth academy can only have 6 players and an excellent can have 30. The players at this academy could train more than the normal U18 players and could be a better place for them to develop faster.

DavsClaus
13-01-2007, 08:40
when a team offer to extend a loan contract to end of season the game should list on the contract offer screen what date that would be. ( or even better always show that )

I'm in november 2009 and a swedish team have offered to extend a loan deal of one of my player. Since the swedish seasons ends in december, I'm a bit confused if the loan deal is just 1 more month or 1 full new season.

GerdMuller
13-01-2007, 09:10
Better financial balance

I think the financial side of the game should be strenghtened. I know Fm doesnt want to go a way where you take over the financial part of the game as you are only supposed to be manager. But if this is not going to happen it should at least be harder to gain money, thereby avoiding 100 mill. transfers all over.
IRL a lot of clubs in europe struggle to keep themselves alive financially. This should be seen more in the game.

DavsClaus
13-01-2007, 14:47
To see on the club information screen if any improvement of training / youth setup is in progress and a deadline when the improvement is done. ( just stadium expansion ).

It's kinda annoying to request the board from time to time and they accept to improve and nothing happens.

aston_martin
13-01-2007, 15:18
a position between AMC and ST e.g where rooney plays

LFC Lloydy
13-01-2007, 15:37

Thats created using tactics as it is not an actual position but a variation on a striker.

13-01-2007, 15:45
Hummm....

1) Stadiums. I know this would be hard, but some sort of map of your stadium, so you can choose which bit to redevlop, name each stand ect. You could also choose designs, and have to factor in cost wiuth long term reward and your budget ect. I would really like to have a chocie of which stand to redevlop at the city ground, rarther than just being tol 'the east stand has been developed' again and again...hell that stand must now seat about 40,000 people- and the City Ground dosn't have an east stand.

2) Stop the repeated requests from people to sign your players, ocne you've said hands off its hands off.

3) more Chairman interaction

4) Leave the match engine alone it's perfect, a little more commentry veriaty would be nice though. (See other peoples ideas)

5) Recognition if someones someones brother/son or whatever.

evertonian88
13-01-2007, 15:55
Originally posted by evertonian88:
Improved Training Reports
I'd like to see better training reports, for example, you assistant manager would not only tell you who has and hasn't trained well but would also make suggestions on particular areas of a player's game that needs improving and maybe recommend a training schedule for this.

Contract Extension ClauseAnother thing I feel should be introduced is an extra clause when selling players. IRL Wayne Rooney recently signed a contract extension which triggered a payment of £1.5m to Everton from Man Utd as part of his transfer deal. I feel this would be great seeing as too often we miss out on the benefit of putting a sell-on clause into a deal because they continually sign extensions at their new club and eventually are either released or are snapped up on a bosman. This would be a great way to get some more cash out of a club after a player has been sold. Thoughts?

Any thoughts on these guys?

Michael F
13-01-2007, 16:11
Originally posted by WharfedaleRED:
1) Stadiums. I know this would be hard, but some sort of map of your stadium, so you can choose which bit to redevlop, name each stand ect. You could also choose designs, and have to factor in cost wiuth long term reward and your budget ect. I would really like to have a chocie of which stand to redevlop at the city ground, rarther than just being tol 'the east stand has been developed' again and again...hell that stand must now seat about 40,000 people- and the City Ground dosn't have an east stand.

No thanks, not the managers job tbf

Readingfcsam
15-01-2007, 12:35
-To be able to see your manager pacing about the touchline during games.
-To be able to shout orders from the touchline to a single player and shout at a player because he made a poor pass.
-More foreign takeovers that inject money into a club.
-Media make up pure speculation e.g. say your interested in someone who isn't on your shortlist.
-More manager/chairman interaction
-More manager/player interaction
-Assistant also recommends a formation in his Team report
-More in-depth training
-To be able to go on training camps
-To be able to have Warm-Up matches before a major international tournament.

jamiebarnes
15-01-2007, 12:48
option to arrange cups in other countrys (eg when Lpool and Celtic and Milan had one in the USA a couple of years ago.

Traning camps

Tactical advice from ass. manager @ half time

Be able to improve feeder clubs facilities and (as Man Utd have done with Antwerp) reccomend manager for feeder club.

tim howerd
16-01-2007, 07:04
i'll keep it short and sweet the tactics bit to be massivley improved i.e the formations

RomfordPele
16-01-2007, 07:09

FC

Super Savage
16-01-2007, 07:15
I'd like to see a bit about managing your celebrity. I.e recieving invitations to awards dinners / miss universe contests, charity stuff, all in order to raise the profile of you and the club.

16-01-2007, 08:41
Don't think there's anything new here but here goes;

Improve the role of the assistant manager in particular more feedback on training as suggested above. Also for them to offer opinions on formations based on your available players and possibly opposition. A Little more feedback on the tactics would be helpful.

Ability to set a stock response to general enquiries rather than having to waste time with the same queries on the same players day after day.

A little better choice in feeder teams? Was at Newcastle for 6 seasons and was offered all sorts of rubbish, maybe manager could make suggestion to the board?

Tweak the selling of players, buying is the right sort of level not too easy at times but not impossible but selling even good players because you dont want them is nigh on impossible.

More faith from the board ie when you ask for more transfer cash if you've got a good financial record and reputation just ocassionally it would be nice if they gave a more positive indication. More feedback from the board in general would be useful ie cup knock outs or wins depending on the status and finances of your club might trigger a response or a sudden consistent run of good/bad form.

A little more variation on team talks as well, they seem to get "ignored" as the impact on the player all too often.

I dont think theres too much wrong with this version, i'm plodding a long and have won promotions and a couple of cups (but somehow still to Real!!) but still struggling to get the tactical balance right. I'm sure it will come but as i noted above a little more guidance from your staff would be a help.

The Lambs
16-01-2007, 09:04
My biggest bugbear with FM is down to the use of specific man marking in the match engine.

I always set each of my Center Backs and Full Backs to mark a specific player, his opposite player in effect. My issue is that if the AI suddenly changers formation I can have extremes where my DL could be marking the ML which makes him sprint across the field, leaving me open on for attack on his side.

What I want is for the game to give me an alert when this has happened, Either an option to change tactics when the AI does or a more clear notice that they have swapped tactics.

barcelonafc2005
16-01-2007, 09:05
Originally posted by WharfedaleRED:
Hummm....

2) Stop the repeated requests from people to sign your players, ocne you've said hands off its hands off.

3) more Chairman interaction

4) Leave the match engine alone it's perfect, a little more commentry veriaty would be nice though. (See other peoples ideas)

5) Recognition if someones someones brother/son or whatever.

yep, i like this idea http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

barcelonafc2005
16-01-2007, 09:07
Originally posted by michaelfoster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WharfedaleRED:

No thanks, not the managers job tbf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not realy the managers job to deal with the financial side of buying players or offering contracts but we still do it

Darren_HR
16-01-2007, 09:10
This was just announced the other day, maybe for the update or new version.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/news?slug=mlssuperliga&prov=st&type=lgns

JB&VV
16-01-2007, 09:12
With\without ball is going to have to come back!!!

This is getting more and more clear to me. Why is it that now that we have the opportunity to see the whole game, where we actually see what is wrong with the tactic, there is no chance to do major adjustments. I feel that the tactics schemes are back at the system we had at CM1. I really miss the with\without ball, escpecially when I see the headless decisions from the players. Of course there are some tactics out there that will help me win every game, but what is the big deal about doing so? When I put up a tactic I put it the way I feel it would have worked out in real life. When it doesn't work in the FM engine, I really can't make myself adjust to something I find unrealistic in real life, by using one of your supertactics. It's like when you could play with 2 DC and the rest on top on CM2.. It is just too stupid...

My point is: Get the with\without ball back. So you can make adjustments when you can SEE that the players are going into the wrong positions.

Robsabbaggio
16-01-2007, 09:12
I posted these in another thread, didnt know this existed. So, in the hope that these are noticed...

1) The ability for managers to choose their own training, youth upgrades.

If it is the case that facilities descriptions (e.g. “average”) cover a wide range of values, it would be very helpful to see what the improvement actually is, as at the moment we can’t tell. But it would be an excellent feature if we could determine the level of improvement. As others have said it would be silly to improve facilities by an incremental step with each upgrade when you could just build a state of the art facility from scratch (i.e. if you have average facilities but 5mn in the bank, why do you have to build slightly better average facilities before you can afford to build an excellent one?). Perhaps when we request improvements to facilities the board can present us with a range of options, with the financial costs and timescales explicitly laid out. For example, you could order a limited upgrade for a small fee, or the board could ask you if you want to spend 2mn of your transfer budget a year on building and running a youth academy, or foreign youth camps. This would give managers the choice of forgoing current transfer spending for longer term success, and give managers more control over long-term strategy.

2) Enhanced celebrations for cup/title wins in 2D view.

I always hate it when, after winning a cup, the match ends immediately and goes to the after-match screen. It might be a bit immature, but I would love to bask in glory a bit more, to see in the 2D view a podium wheeled out, and everybody collect their medals and then have the trophy lifted. Imagine the commentary “And there it is, Steven Gerrard lifts the European cup!” Then maybe a lap of honour, or the team going to the crowd. As the game is much harder now, I feel that if you do manage to win a trophy then more rewards for the player’s hard work would be good (rather than just have a message from the board saying “well done, now please concentrate on future successes”).

3) Hall of fame or fan club votes for your clubs best ever teams etc.

Seen this somewhere else in the forums, thought it was excellent idea. Maybe best players for the club, national team etc. Imagine the thrill when a player you nurtured is voted the clubs best ever left back, or best striker. Imagine being voted your clubs greatest manager!!!

4) More manager information and feedback.

On the manager screen, rather than just the aggregate number of cups won and games won, it would be great if you could break this down, for example individual cups won at which club, league positions. Achievements on the other hand show everything, right down to signing each individual player, which is unnecessary and perhaps this could be limited to cup wins.

5) The ability to scout your own players as well as you can scout other players.

Mentioned already, it does seem silly that the information you receive from your scouts on players outside the club is much worse than information you receive from your coaches on your own players. Perhaps we can ask our scouts to scout our own players, I don’t know how difficult that would be to implement.

6) Post match press-conferences

Seen this elsewhere, would love it to come in. Would be great to have the option of giving a team the hairdryer postmatch in the media, or criticise the opposition for playing defensively. Even say sorry to the fans!

7) Anytime interaction with players who have a problem (slight or major).

At smaller clubs, it seems very easy for players to get unsettled through not playing, transfer speculation etc. It would be great if you could chat to the player directly about his concerns, and not just when a media item comes up.

8) Cup wins and other criteria counting towards board / fan approval.

I hate it when the board gets uppity when I am not top six, despite all I have done for them. Cup successes and past successes should be considered when judging performance. If you led a team to the double and a European Cup final in a season, but came in only 4th the next season due to a spate of injuries, you wouldn’t expect the board to get itchy in real life.

HeartShapedMan
16-01-2007, 13:19
Most of mine are to do with the match engine, which I pay a lot of attention to...

1) The amount of free kicks and especially throw ins that go directly to an opposing player is insane. A lot of the time they are thrown right to an opposing player with none of your players anywhere near them, as if they are returning the ball after it had been put out.

2) Players attempting bizarre passes. A lot of the time I'd see a player (say a striker) collecting the ball down a flank, and then trying to play it down the line in front of him for the winger who is running behind him. Always going out or being easily collected. No player would attempt a pass like that.

3) Players attempt long shots too often on the default "mixed" setting.

4) Players attempt to shoot too often from free kicks from ridiculous distances/angles. Sometimes when there isn't even a wall.

5) Two players constantly passing between each other and losing the ball happens quite often.

6) Players do not seem aware of their own abilities and weaknesses. A player seems to have no hesitation in attempting a long shot on his "very weak" foot if play opens up for him, even if there are people to pass too. In real life players are usually very wary of attempting long shots with their weaker foot.

7) A combination of some of my other points in that I feel the "Run With Ball" and "Try Long Shots" instructions strange. If a player is good at dribbling they should run with the ball, and if a player is good at long shots they should attempt them. They should know this themselves and it should be obvious.

Getting away from the match engine....

8) This might be a controversial suggestion, but I'd like to see some kind of "Potential" attribute for players. Right now it is really juts impossible to sense a potential of a player unless you scout them, and hope they are accurate. It's not like real life where you see the player in training every day and can get some kind of "feeling" if the player will be special. I don't want an exact numerical description as they are in the database. But a one word description as in "High" or "Moderate" would be welcomed by me.

9) Player interaction. Right now, to me, it just seems... totally random. I can praise a player for his good performances and he's delighted, I can do it again 2 weeks later and all of a sudden he "Feels under pressure to perform". What changed? It just feels like a lottery now.

10) Crazy chairman.I don't know how much this happens in real life, but your chairman splashing out £18m on a Central defender when you already have 5 that are better is very annoying. If they are going to take it into their own hands and sign someone they could at least ask for suggestions.

Tsunami001
16-01-2007, 20:37
Regens
I would like to see an improvement for developing youth players. I feel a little irritable knowing that there is not a darn thing i can do about improving their potential.

My idea
regens should be created at the age of 11 or 12 with a potential from 0 - 100. The potential of these players can then be improved by your youth system. ie top youth academy will drastically improve a kids potential compared to having no facilities. employing a 'head of youth department', staff member can also have an influence on potential. Then at age 15-16. You can choose to either promote them too your under 18s or release them. After you have promoted them their attributes are revealed. From this point on you can no longer develop potential only current ability. This will allow you to have a great control over players.

I also get sick to death of young strikers with finishing 1. All strikers should have at least a rating of 5 for this field. I have several times had a great player for all striker stats but their finishing been below 5. This is far too unrealistic.

solan
17-01-2007, 04:20
Players reacting to gaining / losing captaincy.
Currently, nothing at all happens when you give someone the armband, when irl it's a very big thing esp at international level.

I think that upon taking over a club you need to specify a 'club captain' and perhaps this should be shown in the club information screen to make it more official looking. This is an important factor irl and should be included in the game.

With the same for squad numbers too. ie Raul was number seven at Real, Beckham wanted number seven, Beckham gets told to p*ss off cos Raul is the captain.

Wijnand fens
17-01-2007, 04:29
Printing the fixtures (in a notepad document or HTML File)

evoh_1
17-01-2007, 04:50
1) improved set piece training - where you can specify specific moves for specific frre kick areas and corners in a windowed mode, the move you dedicate your training to set pieces the better they get at the corners with only your dedicated set piece takers improving their taking ability.
2) beta testing extensively before proper research on player attributes is done so that the basics work when the game is released and also would discourage most from copying the game
3) more back room interaction with players, i don't want to do every little thing through the media, i would like to deal with my players on a personal basis rather then moaning to the times about form.
4) Setting up systems of play for a club such as at arsenal where you can tell the team to keep the ball on the floor as much as possible and this would go on to affect the development of your youngsters as it is easy to get them using an aerial threat but its difficult to stop your defenders playing long balls without having them play useless passes between each other.
5) Improved retraining of players relative to their stats. I don't mind having a striker come through my academy with 5 finishing but i would like to be able to retrain them as naturals is a positon that suits them better with their ability in the original position dropping. Also would like to see positional ability dropping for players like Henry who used to play as a wing but is a natural forward and as such his ability as a winger has dropped over the years.

Ranger
17-01-2007, 05:55
1) improved set piece training - where you can specify specific moves for specific frre kick areas and corners in a windowed mode, the move you dedicate your training to set pieces the better they get at the corners with only your dedicated set piece takers improving their taking ability.

http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gifI will second that,set pieces its an important feature in football today.

faltering fullback
17-01-2007, 10:33
1.when club refuse your loan offer but accept others, it would be nice of the club to say team x has offered this match it and will accept or something along those lines.

2. also on loans i would like to tell the club what importance their player is to me when trying to loan him. at the moment its 1 way traffic.

3.on tactics i would like the option to play a narrow midfiel but wide back line or visa versa.

4.team talks not to have the importance they seem to at the moment (thats my opinion)

5.player to accept termination of contract more. especially when not being picked for long periods of time.

6. when signing a player that needs WP. if you have a feeder club that can get round it the player should decide before the deal goes through, that is where he is going.

7. attendances sorted. more so when a team is promoted to epl.

im sure theres more but thats it for the moment

Morrissio
17-01-2007, 17:32
I think with feeder clubs you should be able to send staff there that you trust and they can report on players there if you have first option and can also look after players who are loaned there make sure their stats dont go down because training isn't as goo

shippy70minus1
18-01-2007, 15:07
Apologies if this has already been requested but this idea just hit me earlier on today...

I think it will be cool if there can be more player reaction towards his team mates, which signify his own character and other players characters and how they get on during a game. For example if Team A are on the attack, player B decides to go for an ambitious long shot while player C is in a great scoring position. The shot is hit aimlessly over the bar. Player C is annoyed with player B as to why he didn't shoot and I feel this would be good to implement into the match commentary, to add to the realism and the atmosphere and can also change a managers tactical approach.

Please give feedback on this and feel free to elaborate on this if you have any of your own ideas.

DavsClaus
19-01-2007, 04:00
[b]winter breaks[b/]:
- winter breaks to be a more important role.
- Players should go on holiday
- Should have a news item about fitness level of players returning from holiday (as in summer break)
- Possible to have a "team of the fall" award (before winter break)
- Possible to have a "team of the spring" award (after winter break)
- More important to be 1st in division when there is winter break. See in Germany where you are "herbst meister or what they call it"
- More media about in winter break building up to league start: if you are on 1st spot, can you keep it up and be champ at the end, at relagation spot, can you avoid relegation etc. Mauybe combined with known facts that in last season the teams on relegation spots did not survive (remember the great escape in England by WBA)

DavsClaus
19-01-2007, 04:04
More variations in Board expectations:
- For scandinavian teams. Royal League qualification added as a new expectations that happends before european qualification. A team qual for Royal League if they are on a top-4 final league spot.
- And all the obvious expectations: qual for Euro Cup, qual for Champions League, qual for Euro Cup rounds, qual for CL rounds, qual for CL quarter finals etc.
- Domestic: Challenge for a domestic cup

MANIBOP
19-01-2007, 10:11
Transfers easier to sell players
More complex negoiations on transfers -ie longer payment clauses, can't play against team bought from that season,loan swap as bait.
More agent involvement
Subsitute comments. ie you can win us the game.

Rich2086
19-01-2007, 15:26
id love more lower leagues in england

Ryan Buck
22-01-2007, 05:05
backroom staff should be focused on,
it should be scrapped and rebuilt from the ground up.
at the moment we just ask our coachs for their opinion on a player and he comes back with a s***ty little report that doesnt say where the players best qualities are, (only the scout gives you that, and its not that accurate)

for example, i want my coach to train my left winger to make a simple pass inside left and to have to pass returned 30 yards in front of him so he has to run past the marker and play a quality first time cross on which my striker puts it in the back of the oppos net.
my coach will tell me that he will have some concerns etc or that he can do it time after time without tiring and so on.

Ryan Buck
22-01-2007, 05:07
Originally posted by Ryan Buck:
at the moment we just ask our coachs for their opinion on a player and he comes back with a s***ty little report that doesnt say where the players best qualities are, (only the scout gives you that, and its not that accurate)

i ment to say that you can also only get the scouts report if you player has been scouted before signing for you.

James Bolton
22-01-2007, 07:03
I would like to see you able to offer to become a board member or sort out a take over bid. I know this is above and beyond management, but I think it would be interesting, a bit like Keegan incident recently. It would probably take up a lot of memory to do though.

somebodyfresh
27-01-2007, 02:34
I've heard it mentioned before, but on a player screen where it has 'palns for the future and that kind of thing, it should have 'home grown status' and supporter opinion.

The supporter opinion bit should say things like ' despite not playing on a regular basis, the tottenham fans would hate to see Defoe leave' or 'after his 31m transfer, the chelsea fans are still waiting for shevchenko to prove himself'

I also want the board to prompt you on where the squad needs strengthening 'freddy sheppard would like to welcome you to newcastle, your transfer budget for this season is 7m, the board and supporters are keeen to see you strengthen the defence that leaked 47 goals last term.'

Christophee
27-01-2007, 05:57
Manager Honours screen in your history:

Topic (http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/6022048192?r=6022048192#6022048192)

robbo_16
27-01-2007, 06:28
topic (http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/7862073192?r=7862073192#7862073192)

International management improved - some ideas here.

MrLeeV
29-01-2007, 16:24
Ok so here we go....

I believe that there should be visual representation of a players height and weight.

So for instance have an outline of a player with a height mark next to him and maybe a different colour outline to show excess fat.

This method could also be used to show injuries.

I would also like to have more support for online games as joining a clan or getting an IP for a quick(!) game is a bitch.

I am aware that stadium issues are not usually a matter for managers but a 2D top down image with the option to expand stadiums, food stalls etc. would enhance the game.

The inclusion of named sponsors, even if they are made up, would make things more realistic.

Better media interaction with regards to returning players.

That is all for now

Seasoned Alcoholic
29-01-2007, 17:02
I ain't had time to read through the whole of this topic (which started years ago by the looks of things http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) due to a lack of free time these days, but the one area I would definitely like to see restructured is training. I could go into all the unecessary waffle with my reasons for this, but I have links to do that for me http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif :

A user guide to Seasoned Alcoholic's FM2007 Training Schedules (http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717/m/4842065272)

So basically a note to the developers...please consider bringing back a training system such as the one used in Championship Manager Season 03/04. At least then specific attributes can be targeted rather than the attribute pools as is currently the case in FM2007. I'll probably have more suggestions for the future though.

Cheers http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

somebodyfresh
29-01-2007, 18:07
I hadn't thought of that, but now i've read it i really want substitute instructions.

Captaincy seeming important would be nice as well, wiwth some sort of fan opinion.

also the media specualting about you signing players that are not on your shortlist. just plain making it up like real life.

total career earnins would be nice !!

and players you're not using getting interest from smaller clubs (like wayne bridge and swp at chelsea)

clubs accepting =player offers that make sense, like when you offer a defender as part of a transfer deal for their defender.

older players asking o leave to return to their home country before they retire, like ajax and edgar davids.

somebodyfresh
29-01-2007, 18:15
clubs just naming a price, when they're clearly resigned to losing a player, like curtis davies at wba

a physio report on the sidelines when they treat the player, so I know if it's worth keeping them on

Droobie
29-01-2007, 18:27
I've seen calls for a 'touring squad' to be selectable, instead of being able to call up every tom/dick/harry from the reserves or under 18's while you're in Peru on tour the morning before the match. Here here.

But what about the effects of jet lag on players on the way back home? Or what about players who play internationals halfway across the globe. Can distance traveled have more of an effect on players.

DavsClaus
30-01-2007, 00:58
In the finance -> transfer screen to see listed the teams you have a "friendly game" in spare with when they bought one of your players and there was a "friendly game" in the offer too.

After a while I forget which teams I have this deal with and sometimes forget to play the games.

Dreaded Walrus
30-01-2007, 01:36
Originally posted by DavsClaus:
In the finance -> transfer screen to see listed the teams you have a "friendly game" in spare with when they bought one of your players and there was a "friendly game" in the offer too.

After a while I forget which teams I have this deal with and sometimes forget to play the games.

Definitely.

If they're in the same league you can just use your mouse wheel to do a quick scroll through the list of clubs on that little menu thing, and see if any of them have it. But what if you sell your player to a foreign club, or one of the bigger clubs e.t.c.

So yes, I would love that.

Also, I know it's already been mentioned, probably in this thread, but I would love to see a "scouting reports"-style level of info on your own players, as with the way it currently stands, you know more about players that don't play for you than those that do.

Freeman21
30-01-2007, 05:24
My wish is this:

I want to be able to do something with the virtual money that I (as a manager) earn. I don’t know…something…anything…just give me a small reason for which I should ask my chairman for a higher wage.

bnurpo
30-01-2007, 08:41
It'd be great if it would be possible to sign a player on a bosman six months ahead, then have the flexibility to try and sign him right then and there. You see this happen in football quite regularly, but when you sign someone in FM, you'll have to cancel the upcoming transfer to try and buy him outright.

Super Savage
30-01-2007, 08:56
I'd like to be able to interact with a player who hasn;t got a WP. I've tried to send my youngster on loan to my belgium feeder, but he wont go. Now hes all annoyed cause i dont play him, but i can't?! He wont accept a new contract because of not playing and he reckons he's too good to go on loan. Its very frustrating, but how was i meant to know he wasn;t up for it?!

cellz
30-01-2007, 09:22
i don't know if this has been mentioned already but what i would like is some sort of a quick sub system so we wouldn't have to go all the way to the tactics screen to do subs, and also would like to ask assistant for a good signing

sheriffpatgarrett
31-01-2007, 09:09
I don't know if this has been mentioned but, I'd like the players to play a bigger part in the media before the matches. Today for example there was a story about Spurs and Robbie Keane, how he was "unfazed by the challenge of ending Arsenal's unbeaten record at the Emirates Stadium."

So maybe if the player talking to the media has a high influence or is a favorite at the club or personell for the players then his comments could boost the team and up their will to perform during the game. Etc, etc.

31-01-2007, 11:09
I would like to see, managers at other games, i.e alex ferguson was at the liverpool game to watch there match against arsenal, Ferguson was giving LFC the look over befor there up coming League match

somebodyfresh
31-01-2007, 15:51
you could make it so that when you 'view' a match in the game, it could be mentioned in the commentary.

'xxxx is in the stands tonight, probably sizing up his rivals arsenal before next tuesdays semi-final'

or it could cause specualtion

'xxxx is in the stands tonight, probably to get a first hand look at top transfer target gareth bale'

dunner
31-01-2007, 16:46
Originally posted by Ackter:
then why don't you play TCM?

Why doesn't he have the right to voice his opinion about what he would like to see in this game without having snide comments directed at him???

He even took the time to post IN THE CORRECT THREAD unlike the vast majority of people and he still gets grief from smartarses.

dunner
31-01-2007, 16:55
Is there an option to have 18 month loan deals?

I havent come across it but it does happen.

locobudz
31-01-2007, 23:41
Greater control over the naming of new stadiums and/or greater variation in the naming of new stadiums.

More information regarding stadium expansions, when asked.

01-02-2007, 00:21
There should be more significance when it comes to club captaincy, hence captains should be involved in locker room activiies.

and improve the russian league, in the game if i wanted to buy ivan pelozzoli from reggina and gyan asamoah from udinese for lokmotive moscow it would never happen, but in reallity its an intresting league that attracts likes of Maniche and Ricardo olivera and more.

CymruAmBythWXM
01-02-2007, 07:48
Just a small thing but it's been bugging me for a while, for Welsh players under languages spoken I would like it have at least basic Welsh as well as English.

Sam00000000000001
01-02-2007, 11:35
There should be a dubios(sp?) goals panel.

sifrow
01-02-2007, 11:43
A monthly feeder club report sheet....

New signings

Promoted youth

Status of loaned out players

Plus with an end of year report with player recommendations.

incrediboy42
02-02-2007, 09:02
Doing the 'Saved Game Challenge' made me think that it might be cool to have a certain number of preloaded 'scenarios' on the game, if you just wanted a quick game to have some fun with, in the same vein as that challenge. Maybe you could download new ones as well.

Sam00000000000001
02-02-2007, 10:11
Originally posted by sifrow:
A monthly feeder club report sheet....

New signings

Promoted youth

Status of loaned out players

Plus with an end of year report with player recommendations.

http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

UNITED!!!!!
02-02-2007, 11:02
the option to say to your players, hug the touchlinem (individual player widths and tempos)

also, individual distribution like the keepers have, eg for a full back hit the line or a winger play the channels

CymruAmBythWXM
02-02-2007, 16:34
When putting the Assistant in charge of renewing contracts I would like this to expand to the coaching staff. There has been many a time when I've put the game ob holiday over preseason came back and had no coaching staff because the contracts had expired and I wasnt there to renew them.

supersaint
02-02-2007, 18:13
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> More realistic referee movement (they look like they have even worse positioning than me)
<LI> More realistic assistant referees (even Swedish 5th division assistants does a better job than these)
<LI> More info when a player get a red card(getting red card, without any information is annoying)
<LI> Set-piece training
<LI> Attacking and Defensive tactical instructions
<LI> Being able to use more than one arrow on a player(i.e. farrow/barrow)
[/list]

Marcussy
02-02-2007, 19:03
I would like to see:

1) A more realistic tranfer market - Lyon buying players from the Argentinian league for £33m is not realistic (Nicolas Cabrera)! Or Chelsea signing Anton Ferdinand for £51m! Also unrealistic tranfers taking place like Carrick laving Man Utd in the January 2007 transfer window or Newcastle buying Dawson from Tottenham right at the start of a new game.

2) I also feel the strength of some sides are not realistic - Man Utd and Liverpool for example hardly ever put up a decent title challenge, and when I say they never put up a decent challenge, I mean Liverpool usually finish about 8th and Utd even worse in 11th or 12th. Birmingham never get anywhere near getting promoted in the championship

3)Players positions are also an issue. I noticed Carragher was always playing at right back for Liverpool so I used the editor to reduce his DR stat to 9 and he still played at right back most of the time. If I reduce it further it wont be realistic as he can play right back but he's a centreback.

4) Attackers score practically all of the goals! I know strikers score the bulk of goals in real life but good goalscoring midfielders don't seem to exist on the game. Yes they have plenty of assists but I rarely ever have a midfielder making it into double figures for the season in goals! Not just the team I am managing but on the computer managed sides too. The likes of Ronaldinho, Ballack, Lampard, Gerrard, Cristiano Ronaldo, Scholes, etc only score about 7 or 8 in a really good season and most of the time even less. This is just not realistic!It seems to be slightly more realistic in terms of goals being shared when you play with national sides so it should be the same with clubs.

5) I feel youth players potential should not be decided from the get-go and should be decided by the way they are coached and managed. I know they are to a small extent but its still decided from the off how good they will be i.e -8, -7, etc... It should be down to circumstances.

6) There doesn't seem to be much squad rotation going on either. Don't get me wrong I am not talking Rafa Benitez type squad rotation although that would be realistic for him but I mean the strongest eleven always seem to play much more games than the rest of the squad which is not realistic.

I'll leave it at that for now but return if I think of anymore. It just seems that the old games like Champ 97/98 and Champ 98/99 were better in some of those aspects than the latest versions of FM are.

duccio
02-02-2007, 19:11
Clear subs button would fit nicely right next to the clear selection button.

Marcussy
02-02-2007, 19:12
Forgot to mention in my previous post about another gripe about the unrealistic transfer system. Players just seem to move to new clubs nearly every year never ever staying long term at a club! When I say long term I mean at least 2 years for God's sake! I know we are living in an age of mercenary footballers but surely this is going too far??? Also why do bids and enquiries just never stop coming in for players even when you have made it clear the player is not for sale? Once you have made it clear that a player is not for sale, then enquiries and bids should stop at least for the time being. Even if you set a players status as unavailable for transfer, the bids and enquiries still keep on coming and it gets repetetive contimually having to say no every couple of minutes!

duccio
02-02-2007, 19:31
Maybe clubs should have their own player shortlists. I mean when you take over at a club surely there should be a ready shortlist of players compiled by the scounting organization present at the club prior to your arrival.

03-02-2007, 18:18
I know this has been mentioned before in this forum, but the only thing I wish for in future FM games is a Linux version.

Skavau
03-02-2007, 20:13
I've not read any comments, so I don't know what has been typed.

- Scrap Player Potential
It seems odd how players have a set potential in stone and that they can get no better than the predecided potential. In real life, players don't have a set potential ability in which they can get no better once they hit.

It should be replaced with a Player Learning Curve in which everyone has the potential to be excellent, but players have different learning curves in which they can develop their skills dependent on it. The learning curve is effected by injury, morale, form, age, performance & training itself.

- Training Schedules
I always liked designing them. Should have an option to develop schedules along with the current system with information on how each individual schedule task effects certain skills.

- Player Skill Targets
Ask players to set personal areas of improvement in certain skill(s). Also I have noticed in youth players that all their stats improve almost entirely evenly. This is odd if I have a youth defender on a defensive youth schedule with the tiniest attention possible put on attacking/shooting, but then see their Finishing has gone up by 2 a year later.

Tutoring
- I know tutoring gains the tutored player the tutors preferred moves if successful, but I think they should also have their stats edited slightly to slant towards the tutorers stats. Also cut the stupid amount of tutorings failing due to the players falling out with each other.

Coaching
- I remember on CM 01/02 I would get coaches saying to me "so and so is showing a lot of potential in training" and they would recommend first team development. I had this with Ronnie Wallwork and he eventually became a top defender for my Man Utd team. O.o (Yes, Man Utd and Ronnie)

Other Misc:
- Wider set of Regen Names. It gets dull seeing people named "David James" or "Dan Martin" with all plain common names. Add some diversity into it.

Thass all I can think of now.

Anyway - I'm not seeing this anymore. Would be nice to see more interaction on training progress/regress.

Tranmeremad
04-02-2007, 02:49
I would like to see

1) Set pieces - Sort of a chalk/wipe board thing where you can tell players where to stand for freekicks/corners and where to make runs to lose markers as the freekicks/corners are struck.

2) The chance to offer a long serving player a testimonial as part of his contract.

3) The chance to start the game (pprobably lower league only) as a vetaran 35y/o say player manager, with diminishing stats but say high influence and determination.

4) Games postponed at last minute due to weather, games abandoned due to bad weather making fixture pile ups

5) Substitutes - Rather than click the make change button the ability to click on your players in the sub box on the side of the pitch to tell them to get ready and then make the changes from there changes from there with the ability to interact with the players EG 'Give us a goal son' or something similar!

6) The chance to buy a young player from another club with the option to loan them back till the end of the season.

Can't think of anything else for now!

Colinjb
04-02-2007, 05:59
A Media Interview System

When a friend of mine worked at a Championship club during the summer, he learnt a lot about how the club worked at media training.

Academy players on a regular basis are taught how to deal with the media. For example, a typical lesson would be deciding which questions should be answered, and how, i.e. :

Question: There’s been a lot of talk linking you with Club XYZ
Answer: I’m happy concentrating on my progression here at Club ABC.

The above could be considered a trained answer. If the player had a low media handling ability, it might be:

Question: There’s been a lot of talk linking you with Club XYZ
Answer: Club XYZ are a great club and it’s always been an ambition of mine to play for them.

The manager at this particular club has a policy of not allowing players speak to the media if they are under the age of 19 or so, as to keep them level headed and fully focused on the club, so a manager should be asked by the club’s media department:

“A television station has requested an interview with player MNO. How would you like to proceed?

Option One: The player is unavailable for interview at this time
Option Two: The player is available for interview”

The manager could also be asked who to put forward for an interview. For example, would you the manager put forward a player who has said on many occasions he does not wish to remain at the club for a reason? So, it could look like this:

“A television station has requested an interview with a player to ask some questions about the current campaign. The following players are available at the time requested:

Player A
Player B
Player C”

Player A for example could be wanted by a club or transfer listed, making him an ‘interesting’ choice for someone to interview, or represent the club. By the same measure, Player C might be the captain, who loves the club.

Answers could relate to the personality or profile of the player, for example Paul Scholes is often in the limelight, but when in an interview (if at all) he is quiet and shies away, i.e. :

Question: Great goal you scored there Player DEF wasn’t it?
Answer: Yeah it was Okay...

Also, as manager, I feel there should be more options as to what he or she says. When a club makes a bid that you the manager feel is an insult, he or she should be able to hit back, and appear as so, for example:

“Manager GHI has hit back at Manager JKL of Club XYZ after bidding for young Welsh starlet Player MNO. In an interview with Newspaper PQR he said: “I felt insulted by the offer. It is nowhere near the valuation of our player, who we would not be willing to sell under any circumstances whatsoever anyway.”

This could have an effect on relationships. Manager GHI could dislike Manager JKL because of the derisory offer.

A final note, the as a manager you should be able to hire of fire a media guru or PR department personnel member, as you would a coach.

A complicated set of ideas but hey, I think it would help.

mdewals
04-02-2007, 06:06
I found 1 major flaw in the team talk.

I'm playing my last game of the 1st group stage in the Euro Cup. I'm already qualified so I tell my players to relax and have fun. Before the game and during half time.
After the game, some of my players are ****ed off because of the comment. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Surely, they're smart enough to understand than once they're qualified they dont have to give a 100% anymore and my comments should have been good.

tuggy8
04-02-2007, 08:44
Putting players ANYWHERE on the tactics screen, and having run markers go to ANYWHERE on the screen. chat to agents, chairmen, refs etc

shanyi
04-02-2007, 11:54
I'd like to see considerable improvement of what's there now, especially fleshing out the team talks/opposition instructions and making the match engine less absurd when you've got your tactics 'wrong'. Otherwise, substitute instructions is the best idea I've read on here so far.

Ackter
04-02-2007, 12:02
Putting players ANYWHERE on the tactics screen, and having run markers go to ANYWHERE on the screen.

Why?

A DL is still a DL, no matter where in the DL "square" you put him. its then up to Mentality and Width to show what sort of position you want him to take up.

butts
04-02-2007, 12:18
Originally posted by Rich2086:
id love more lower leagues in england
I would also love to see this but the game would have to be massive and many people Don't particularly want more lower league teams. Maybe there could be a lower leagues expansion pack.

somebodyfresh
04-02-2007, 13:23
Other Misc:
- Wider set of Regen Names. It gets dull seeing people named "David James" or "Dan Martin" with all plain common names. Add some diversity into it.

haha, imagine your face when 'Abongalahor' comes through the ranks http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

razmather
04-02-2007, 14:28
for something to happen with the money you earn or you should just have £300 per week to lower the clubs wage budget

somebodyfresh
04-02-2007, 16:27
clubs to explain why they won't accept friendlies

benfica4alex
04-02-2007, 17:05
Printing the fixtures, results, squad list etc etc like in 1 of the old versions were you could print it off and show off in front of ur mates lol

somebodyfresh
04-02-2007, 18:01
naming a 24 man squad before a match

jeeshan_mirza
04-02-2007, 18:35
I dont know whether it has been mentioned before but anyway the game could be made a bit more realistic taking the character of a club into consideration. For example certain clubs are unbeatable at home, while others choke away from home. Just a thought.

Nick OGS20
04-02-2007, 18:49
squads for pre-season tours and european away games, in much the same way as you pick a squad for the champions league. stops the unrealistic ability to be able to call up any player from back home to play a friendly in japan at a moment's notice etc.

but i'd settle for no new features at all if the match engine and tactical side of the game is significantly improved.

somebodyfresh
05-02-2007, 10:04
Being able to change your name in game.

Colinjb
05-02-2007, 13:15
Another couple of thoughts...

1) Add more than one favourite club. Whilst I love Southampton, I spent my early years in Wimbledon and so support AFC Wimbledon.

2) Manager's Playing History - If the manager is a former player, the ability to make a history would be good. This could be taken into consideration when clubs pick their new manager - If a player spent his entire career at one club he should be one of the top candidates.

3) Following on from Nick OGS20's thoughts on pre-season. Pre-season is an incredibly important time when raising fitness levels and match sharpness are everything. It's probably also the time when most contractual issues are sorted out, so I'd like to see more emphasis on it. More reports would be good during the close season as well, to keep an eye on everyone.

somebodyfresh
05-02-2007, 13:43
you know how ex internationals get to comment on their nations performance in the game ?

when you're an ex international you should get to as well

BJG123
05-02-2007, 15:10
adding scouts to the international management system

Doogal
05-02-2007, 16:27
hey all, i dunno if this has already been mentioned, but apart from the international management shake up everyone has spoken about i'd like to see some interation with my backroomstaff, for example "news report - *Scout A* recommends doogal boy." he's a really good player and i sign him, yet he plays rubbish etc you know the score, i would like to give my feedback to the scout, and also if i decide to go on holiday and ask my ass man to take oevr while i'm away, then praise ornot praise him for a good job, or whoever you have in control of my under 18s some feedback, and also feedback from them, just a few ideas i have. bye for now!

dunner
06-02-2007, 16:53
Im sure ill get slated for this but i couldnt care less. The bottom line is this game is poxy hard to win with on a regular basis.

Not everyone has the whole day to tinker around with bloody slider bars for hours on end before every game to get wins.

Some of the people on here spends weeks/months testing formations and tactics. Do you really think everyone has this kind of time to get a winning tactic?

grimness
09-02-2007, 06:37
Jobs as manager of B teams or U-21 international selections.

duck my sick
09-02-2007, 09:32
Grimness - you can already manage the under 21's of a country without managing the full team.I am manager of burnley fc and england u - 21's http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

craigthejack
09-02-2007, 09:49
Originally posted by incrediboy42:
Doing the 'Saved Game Challenge' made me think that it might be cool to have a certain number of preloaded 'scenarios' on the game, if you just wanted a quick game to have some fun with, in the same vein as that challenge. Maybe you could download new ones as well.

I would love this.

joey2566
09-02-2007, 13:57
I'd love to be able to send some promising unknown 'russian' player to my feeder club, for whatever length of time it took to get either dual nationality or a work permit, without them coming back every summer and having to send them back out.

This would also solve the problem of signing a young player sending him on loan for a year, his ability and hence Rep going up to a sufficant level that he refuses to go back the next year, but still doesn't qualify for a work permit(the most annoying aspect of the game!)

Recury
09-02-2007, 14:52
Originally posted by Tsunami001:
I also get sick to death of young strikers with finishing 1. All strikers should have at least a rating of 5 for this field. I have several times had a great player for all striker stats but their finishing been below 5. This is far too unrealistic.

That gives me an idea. Maybe when players first get created they don't have a position set and you can train them wherever you think they should play. I don't know if this would work better if all of the new players had empty positions or just some of them (or maybe it wouldn't work at all) but it would solve the slightly annoying problem of having too few youth players of a certain position get generated.

mdewals
09-02-2007, 15:32
what I really miss is the ability to talk to players during a sub.
You see the manager giving final instructions and welcoming the subbed players all the time.

Let us say the same things to a player getting on the field as we can do before the game (IE: I have faith in you, I expect a performance...) and tell the subbed player you needed a defender, more power in the front, he looked tired, hope the injury isnt bad......

you get the point.

BobbyBamber
10-02-2007, 09:18
-Coach reports , to be bought into line with the scout reports.
-Scouts be able to compare the player you want scouted with a specific player in your squad , eg you want to see how he lines up with the second best player in that position.
-You should be able to offer 1 month contracts like they do in the lower leagues.
-Can training be a little more specific.
-Being able to appoint your own director of football , and him actually being able to do something.

-Transfers is all about who you know. If you don't know anyone in the game then you cannot sign anyone. Be that managers etc...

- If your a lower league club you should be allowed to ask a manager of a higher side if there are any players that would be willing to come to you on loan.

Seasoned Alcoholic
13-02-2007, 15:40
Sorry if these have already been mentioned, but in addition to an improved training module, here are a few suggestions for future versions of FM.

More in-depth stat analysis
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Analysis of various partnerships such as strike partnerships (goals scored / contributed etc), defensive partnerships (clean sheets etc), playmaker / target man / set pieces stat breakdowns. Also available for reserves and youth teams - makes first team selection so much easier and faster, at-a-glance etc.

Control/input into ticket prices
<LI>Manager to have a say in various ticket prices. Although this would usually be considered as a board activity, if some sort of semi-control could be established over ticket prices, this would allow a greater control over potential incomes generated.
<LI>For example, the board could approach you at the start of the season and ask for your input into club ticket prices (using multiple choice pre-fix options) for all competitions involved in during the season. Obviously the pre-fixes would depend upon the club's size and situation. However, I know that this would be complex to achieve through coding, especially if a club reaches the latter stages of a competition and ticket prices would generally need to be increased to maximise income.
<LI>Potential ticket price categories: matchday, reserves, youth team, domestic cup(s), European / continental etc cup, one-off cup / trophy (eg super cup, charity shield etc), season ticket price, half season ticket price etc.

More involvement with stadium expansion
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Possibility of recommending specific areas / stands etc of the existing ground that need improving, rather than a random increase in general stadium capacity. For example, this could be illustrated in a top-down 2D graphic of the existing stadium, and this would allow managers to pinpoint areas of the ground that need improvement. Visible upgrades to this potential 2D stadium graphic would also be a great visual aid to the grounds' current status, especially if you transfer between clubs frequently.
<LI>Again, this would require additional research into existing stadiums and their capacities, but it would probably open the door to a more enhanced visual representation of a club's ground and potential expansion opportunities. Perhaps this suggestion could also be incoporated into training and youth training facilities, but on a much more simplistic scale using pre-fix graphics?[/list]

Increased board room interaction
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Increase in the number of available board room requests than at present. Examples could include advising board when to change club playing status (EG from semi-professional to professional, vice versa in desperate financial situations); adjustments to existing ticket prices (concept discussed above); more flexible and frequent sponsorship arrangements (discussed below); manager performance expectations for the coming season (using pre-fix choices) - these could be put forward to allow the board to consider the personal targets of the manager, as well as the board's, before coming to a final decision on league expectations.[/list]

More sponsorship involvement/selection
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Rather than the board select an uncontrollable kit sponsor at the beginning of a season, perhaps more flexibility in sponsorship selection can be introduced. For example, as illustrated with selecting an affiliated club, the board should offer multiply sponsorship deals (multiple choice pre-fixes) to a manager, and ask him to recommend the most desirable/feasible etc. Also, perhaps the manager could recommend the number of seasons the kit sponsorship is to cover.
<LI>As well as the existing kit sponsorship, perhaps other areas of sponsorship can be included in future versions. For example, selecting sponsorship boards inside the ground, with each potential location varying in sponsorship length, cost and so on. Also, perhaps stadiums could have renaming rights for a set number of seasons, similar to the kit sponsorship at present.[/list]

I know that some of these suggestions are quite radical, but its always worth putting a few more into a brainstorming session. I've got more suggestions, but ain't had time to get round to them yet.

zidane10
13-02-2007, 16:06
1. add more than one favourite club
2. presidential elections in spanish league
3. international managers being able to vote for world player of the year
4. improve regens, there are too many coming into the game with incredible stats even when they have not fully developed
5. set a transfer date i.e man utd agreed deal for fabio and rafael to join in 2009. at the moment u can only leave it till the end of the season
6. english teams are currently over-rated in europe

Gooner Steve
13-02-2007, 16:07
When you send a player to a feeder club, I would like to see some indication on how the feeder club think the player would fit in. In the same way a normal loan works i.e. important first team player.

jtwhitt
13-02-2007, 16:24
* More interaction with your ass man and being able to hand off more duties. He should be in your ear giving you advice on players who are ready to move up from the reserve/youth team and players who aren't good enough for the first team. However...the only way this works right is if the ass man doesn't act like he has the football IQ of Forest Gump.

* I personally feel that scouting needs to be streamlined. I would personally like to see us be able to hire a scouting director and then based on the board's restrictions on scouting, fudnign, etc., the director will then handle the scouting.

* Maybe this is just because I'm an American, and as such, I'm used to coaches not having much say in what players come to the team. But I would like to have a toggle in the options menu to let the board handle the transfer market. However, for every deal the board makes, the manager can give a recommendation (much like when he's given a choice of feeder/parent teams) on what to do. Thus, where currently, you can decline a sell and then the board can potentially go over you and your powerless to stop them...with this, the board will buy/sell/loan a player, and then you can give a recommendation, like "yes, i like the move" or "no I don't want this player" or "the offer isn't good enough" or "the player is too important to sell". Of course, the final decision rests with the board, and then this opens up even more possibilities as far as interacting with the board.

But none of these three options should be mandatory to use. In the end, the more options you can give the player to play the game as they see fit, then the better it is for everyone.

3timesround
13-02-2007, 18:31
Team Talks-

Have 'Positive' 'Neutral' and 'Negative' options to prevent the use of ambigious comments (particularly "Want you to play like this every match).
ie,
Positive-
Brilliant Performance
Good Perfromance
Well Done
Sensational etc.

Neutral-
Satisfied with performance (please, please, please include this)
Sympathise
Result was OK etc.

Negative-
Angry
Embarassment
Performance was a disgrace
Disappointed etc.

Have International Clearences prevent a player from playing. Happens occasionally in RL, ie, Player A can't play for Club Z due to having not recieved International Clearance
(eg If they are signed on a matchday)

Next Team Scout Report
Injured Players- What injury they have, ie
Player A (Hamstring), B (Calf), C (Knee)

or why they are unavailble

Player D (Suspension), E (Cup-tied) etc.

Possibly have the teams last 5 results in the league and a points total from the last 5 games

Team A 2-0 Opp
Opp- 4-1 A
A 2-2 Opp
A 0-1 Opp
Opp 1-2 A

7/15 Points in the previous 5 League Games.

(Possibly have) Climbed/Dropped X number of places in last 5 games.

Fairly vague, but you get the point.

Droobie
13-02-2007, 19:58
Testimonial and 'special' friendly matches. People say this doesn't happen IRL, or doesn't affect the manager... I beg to differ.

Next month, there is going to be a European XI vs Manchester United 'jubilation' match. I'm sure that the organisers would have get permission from various managers (S.A. Ferguson to say the least). Ferguson has even commented to the press that he would field a 'full strength side' as well.

PS: I've also seen in the Greek league a Greece XI vs Foreign XI already in the game.

Skiddaw
14-02-2007, 05:44
A practical way of implementing agents (http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=21019056&f=521102691&m=2692054792&r=1922094792#1922094792)

Xeroxax
14-02-2007, 06:08
I think that we should get a news reading of any new competitions starting, i.e the World Cup, Copa America, Gold Cup etc.

This would come with an option of whether you would like to scout this competition as I keep missing minor competitions which I like to scout ie the Gold Cup, African Nations and the Asian Cup.

Dreaded Walrus
15-02-2007, 17:09
I would like to see the following minor improvement:

On the newspiece you get reminding you of an upcoming match, I would like to see a button allowing you to see your past meetings with that team (rather than having to go to the fixtures screen and selecting it that way). It could go where the "View Scouted Match" button goes when your scout has watched the next team.

A simple shortcut, yet something that would enhance the game experience for many people that currently don't use the Past Meetings screen often, and make it easier and quicker to access for those that do.

LARulz
16-02-2007, 07:22
1. I would like the idea of international managers voting for player of the year.

2. Announce your squad for your next match early

3. More interaction between managers and players about certain matches etc. Also more interaction between Managers and the Board.

Possibly?

4. With your wages you could possibly have wagers with players to score more goals, clean sheets etc.

crewealexmad
16-02-2007, 09:41
just a few little tweeks

1)When looking at a players history you should have it instead/aswell a place to see all of the players goals from all competitions because if a player scores say 5 goals in the FA Cup final he really has nothing to prove for it in the History.

2)Maybe just maybe out of your (the managers)wages you could have a flutter every now and again on a game or a competition,but might not work because it could take too much out of the managing side.

3)Too many bizarre red cards imo ie.a player head-butting someone,i mean how often does this really happen?

4)maybe have a pitch invasion at the end of a game ie.the last game of season when you have managed to survive the drop or once you have won a competition(remember west brom and leeds when they stayed up)

5)Part exchanges in transfers rarely happen on the game and the chances of a "swap" should be higher

6)2d manager lookin busy at side of the pitch could be good

7)should also instead of having to download skins should have a variety from the game preferences.

8)everyone will ask for more and more media comments because it gets boring at the start of every game.

9)was thinking of saying something bizarre and realised what i was about to say(dont shoot me) slightly heading towards saying "womens football teams" arrrrgh crazy talk.

10)maybe an award ceremony in 2D after winning/losing a competition.

11)before manager of the month/year/player of month/year and so on maybe should see the nominees for it before its decided.

And Finally seeing Crewe Alex to win the premiership would be brilliant lol nly joking

Realmajid
16-02-2007, 09:55
Ability to call Press Conferences

World Cup squad profiles

Players being distraught on missing major tournaments, also squad get together with 30 players or so for a week where your national team coaches give tips
ban players speaking to media

more focus on manager fueds before game against rivals

verbal agreement with club to sign player....bit like first option but offer to loan someone to them etc.

mass brawl on field

ask 4th official for explanations during game

have independent agents work on behalf of club and agree deal with you confiorming deal and paying agent substantial fee for concludoing deal.

bring back complaints about referees

negotiate contracts as manager with another club, agree to take over at the end of season.

more emphasis on friendship groups within squad, maybe nationality orientated

world player of the year votes by national managers and national team captain should be implemented with results and voting patterns shown.

money making trips to Japan, Malysia etc+ amsterdam tournament should be as prestigious as in real life where best teams get invited.

testimonials.........please http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

sav112
16-02-2007, 11:12
Add another roll of the dice in the calculations so that you don’t get hammered as predictably as you do when you use all three subs early . – every time you get an injury.

One RB, will lead to him being injured and in the game I’m playing leading to a spate of injuries with sometimes all right sided players out. Its as if its trying to teach you a lesson, by saying “ look you have no cover here – So I’m going to injure the player”

I know it a number cruncher, with formula but these need just an extra layer of chance.

Oh and for the love of god (although this affect Clan games) when you add a player onto your transfer lists why would it be advertised next to the players info.

You go in scout out a few players in your mates team and he gets all huffy because he instantly knows you’ve added him to your list.

bandi
16-02-2007, 11:39
Designing or just getting new kits once in a while would be nice.

sifrow
17-02-2007, 11:57
Manager contracts for international managers, with finish dates set to major tournaments.