PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32

Aussieliverpool
20-01-2011, 01:14
Convincing players to play for your nation, would come in handy for Australia

prot651
20-01-2011, 02:30
I would like to see a option to change the ways points are distibuted .

3 points for a win , 2 for a draw , 1 for a loss ? Extra points for a win over 3 goals or extra time etc etc

Larsson#1
20-01-2011, 05:48
im in 2021 and not seen anything yet

Ah well i was just going by what the podcast was saying.

Dolfin152
20-01-2011, 09:09
Make the players, grounds and crowds more realistic. In FIFA 2011 the players and grounds are instantly recognisable because a lot of effort has gone into the creation of that part of the game. If I am managing Cristiano Ronaldo, I would like the player to at least resemble him. If I am managing Real Madrid, I would like the ground to at least resemble the Bernabeu.

arsenaltops
20-01-2011, 13:06
Make the players, grounds and crowds more realistic. In FIFA 2011 the players and grounds are instantly recognisable because a lot of effort has gone into the creation of that part of the game. If I am managing Cristiano Ronaldo, I would like the player to at least resemble him. If I am managing Real Madrid, I would like the ground to at least resemble the Bernabeu.

Not asking much, are you?

Kjeita
20-01-2011, 13:57
Manuelly assigning different scouts to different matches when you are scouting a competition.

Giziar
23-01-2011, 21:06
In follow up to my post about learning languages (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/24018-Wishlist-What-you-would-like-to-see-in-future-versions-of-the-game.-All-list-ideas-in-here.?p=6371665&viewfull=1#post6371665)

Bilingual Cities

In reality there are quite some cities around where not everyone speaks the same language yet in FM every newgen from that city will speak the same language.

Therefore I propose the possibility in the editor of setting a second language for a city.
The majority of Newgens from that city then still will have the first language as mother language however a minority will have the second language as mother language.
In addition in bilingual cities it's quite common to (partly) understand the other language as well as one might have friends/family/colleagues speaking that other language.
Most of the newgens should therefore have knowledge (or even be fluent) in the other language, logically the speakers of the second language should relatively have a better understanding of the main language then vice versa.

Example:
Newgens from that town will have a 65% chance that the main language is their mother language, 35% chance that the second language is their mother language.
If we add the ability to speak another language in we could get:
65% speaks main fluent; of those 15% have some basic knowledge of second and 10% is truly bilingual and can speak both languages fluent.
35% speaks second fluent; of those 10% have some basic knowledge of main and 15% is truly bilingual and can speak both languages fluent.

Final effect:
80% of the generated population speaks the main language fluent with another 10% having a basic knowledge of it. Only 10% start out with no knowledge of the main language.
45% of the generated population speaks the second language fluent with another 15% having a basic knowledge.

In the case that a football club is located in a bilingual town players coming to that town should learn the main language and not the second language.
(Maybe an exception for players with very high adaptation stats who could go on to learn a basic knowledge of the second language as well).

dec2k
23-01-2011, 21:21
I agree, this feature would be superb!

Fancy Gaffot
24-01-2011, 10:55

3 points for a win , 2 for a draw , 1 for a loss ? Extra points for a win over 3 goals or extra time etc etc

that's funny

Deisler26
24-01-2011, 18:04
What about the chance to send coaches away on courses and training?

Because you cant always have the best coaches available, you should be able to send them away to train up to be better.

LordGek
24-01-2011, 19:30
Hey Guys,

I'm coming into FM 2011 a little late here, and while I consider myself a bit of a CM/FM veteran, I'm still a completely clueless newbie to the REAL workings of footballer wheeling/dealing.

All throughout the game I rely heavily on my Assistant Manager's advice while starting up and really miss not getting any sort of feedback on these agent offers.

Like, sure, I know that my scouts and assistant manager's advise me to sign a hot prospect but then, once in the negotiations, I have nobody there to offer me some feedback as to whether they think this is a reasonable valuation or if the agent is wasting my time with over hyped malarky.

x42bn6
24-01-2011, 20:22
In follow up to my post about learning languages (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/24018-Wishlist-What-you-would-like-to-see-in-future-versions-of-the-game.-All-list-ideas-in-here.?p=6371665&viewfull=1#post6371665)

Bilingual Cities

In reality there are quite some cities around where not everyone speaks the same language yet in FM every newgen from that city will speak the same language.

Therefore I propose the possibility in the editor of setting a second language for a city.
The majority of Newgens from that city then still will have the first language as mother language however a minority will have the second language as mother language.
In addition in bilingual cities it's quite common to (partly) understand the other language as well as one might have friends/family/colleagues speaking that other language.
Most of the newgens should therefore have knowledge (or even be fluent) in the other language, logically the speakers of the second language should relatively have a better understanding of the main language then vice versa.

Example:
Newgens from that town will have a 65% chance that the main language is their mother language, 35% chance that the second language is their mother language.
If we add the ability to speak another language in we could get:
65% speaks main fluent; of those 15% have some basic knowledge of second and 10% is truly bilingual and can speak both languages fluent.
35% speaks second fluent; of those 10% have some basic knowledge of main and 15% is truly bilingual and can speak both languages fluent.

Final effect:
80% of the generated population speaks the main language fluent with another 10% having a basic knowledge of it. Only 10% start out with no knowledge of the main language.
45% of the generated population speaks the second language fluent with another 15% having a basic knowledge.

In the case that a football club is located in a bilingual town players coming to that town should learn the main language and not the second language.
(Maybe an exception for players with very high adaptation stats who could go on to learn a basic knowledge of the second language as well).

Go one further. Make it an arbitrary number of languages. Some countries, like Belgium, have lots more languages commonplace.

Scotty Walds
25-01-2011, 11:12

Because you cant always have the best coaches available, you should be able to send them away to train up to be better.
I think that coaching badges should be in there, so if you place an advert for a job, you can then specify at what level you want applicants (B and above, A and above, etc)

ommerson
25-01-2011, 12:05

I partly agree. Players looking like the real thing is nonsense off course. But the stadiums could be much better. I suggested it before: An pre-(or in-)game stadium editor. The building blocks are all there in the game allready. Let enthousiasts and modders build the stadiums from these blocks to make them look like the real thing. Not a lot of work for SI to make the stadiums editable I would guess.

The only stand type I really miss in the game is the 'no stand'-type. Just grass with a little fence and some advertisement boarding. A common stand-type in lower league. Other additions could be curved stands (like you see in italy and eastern europe) or grounds with an athletics track around them (seen a lot in scandinavia). Maybe a step too far though.
An other nice addition, and probably not so hard to accomplish: to be able to change the colours of the seats to write "SPURS", "LUFC" or "HAWAY THE LADS" or something like that.

x42bn6
25-01-2011, 13:33
If you put real stadia in there, they need to be licensed, and that costs money.

Stadium editors would be brilliant, of course, especially in-game ones.

CBall
25-01-2011, 16:01
I think that coaching badges should be in there, so if you place an advert for a job, you can then specify at what level you want applicants (B and above, A and above, etc)

Coaching badges would be a good idea. Instead of any old player just walking into a coaching job, you could perhaps suggest that a player thinks about taking his badges for a future role. If they don't then they wouldn't be allowed to be offered the job.

GerdMuller
25-01-2011, 16:32
Only thing that would get me to buy the game again would be if player development was not as predetermined and based on actual performance more than a hidden capped potential.

Schmidy
26-01-2011, 20:21
I would love to see or have reported to me on a weekly or monthly basis (it should be your choice) a report on how well the whole team are training not just the top three best and worst trainee's of the month.

They could (as they do now) have what they have trained well in over the month (e.g. aerobic, strength, etc.) and then it could also mention there attitude in the training sessions (e.g. lazy, cocky, bored, distant,enjoying his football at the club (ultimately he's happy), etc.)

So for example you could have:

Andy Carroll has made improvements on his jumping this week and is enjoying his football at the club.

or

Xisco has decreased in his finishing and looks distant in training, I think he may be looking to move on.

What do you guys think of the idea, I know its not perfect but it would be a nice addition and will help you pick a team for the weekend, because lets face it a player can have a great game one week and a poor one the next.

Moonshine
26-01-2011, 21:19
A few easy and logical additions to the player interaction:

Example 1:
Player 'x' is unhappy about your dealing with a transfer

Additional replies:
'We don't need the money, but we need you'
'The offer was good, but not the right value - I value you much more'
'You are vital to the team. You aren't going anywhere'
'You will be going as soon as we get a good enough offer for you'
'In the future, you will be getting first team game. I'll let you out on loan though'

Example 2:
Player 'y' is unhappy about his contract:
'Prove yourself on the pitch - show me what you've got' - followed by the option to say 'its not quite good enough, step it up' or 'Congratulations: You've been excellent, here is your new contract. Keep it up.'
'Unfortunately, we will break our wage structure. However, we do appreciate your concerns, and would be glad to offer an extension'
'We cannot do that, it will break our wage structure'
'You are vital to our team - as a result we will be glad to offer you a new, improved contract'

All of these are far more complimentary, less conflictory, as a real manager would do.

HectorSpector
26-01-2011, 21:28
An extension to the notes system that allows a separate one line of text note for each player. Any time the cusor is hovered over a player's name, it will display this note in a popup box.

Extremely handy way to remember quick info you might have noted about a player previously.

sonador
30-01-2011, 09:24
I think we should be able to talk to our staff too. For example telling a coach who doesn't want to extend his contract "I need you" or telling asistant manager not to loose his temper in press conferences.

And it would be good if players talk more. They (especially captains) can comment on big games (not just in the end of the season) and maybe we can choose a player to join to a press conference beside us.

Giziar
31-01-2011, 12:20
Stadium Requirements

There are quite some leagues in the world with stadium requirements and it would be nice (not to mention realistic) if FM incorporates this once again.
A few versions ago this was already incorporated but abolished due to people complaining that they couldn't get promoted with club X.
However this leads to the situation that players with small clubs end up with tiny stadiums in the Championship / EPL and crippling them financially and sportively.

Therefore I propose the following compromise between the "non implementation of stadium requirements" / "not possible to get promoted" possibilities.

If a club has money enough:
- Automatically expand the current stadium / build a new stadium

If a club doesn't have money for a new stadium and/or is not able to expand its current stadium, give the manager the option between the following 1):
- Expand the stadium / build a new stadium anyway and take the financial consequences
- Share the ground with another club nearby who's ground does meet the stadium requirements. When the club has accumulated enough money then build the new stadium/expand the current stadium.
Alternatively, when the club gets relegated again, move back to the old stadium
- Refrain from getting promoted.

Note:
1) It might not be the ultimate realistic thing to give this decision to the manager but for game-enjoying purposes it is the best and anyone can decide what's best and/or most realistic for his playing style.

Cosmo-poof
31-01-2011, 12:23
Adding to that, I'd wish for an option to move to a bigger stadium for certain games (cupgames, derby games, etc.)

deserter
03-02-2011, 12:12
I'd like the SI to do a full reassessment of all the default view panels.
Which columns should show where and what views should/could be combined.
Goes for those widgets in the match full view as well.

Bezza91
03-02-2011, 15:08
i think its been very well documented by all of us here and even our friends that play the game, the player/club/board interaction was a great step forward, but it has a long way to go before we are completely satisfied.
in addition, i would love to see a player interaction or a manager interaction being less than kind so to speak about the last match or next match or something like that.
example being, my man utd side beating man city on the first game of the season, i want to tell mancini he is a joke of a manager with no idea how to manage in England if his team play that style of football - any one else think that in real life?? haha

apart from that, im very happy with the game! awesome! bring on 2012

Robert the Spud
03-02-2011, 15:24
Probably been mentioned before but I would like to random events such as players getting into trouble with the law, car crashes etc. It obviously could not happen too often but in todays game these things do pop up occasionaly

There are lot's of legal issues with that, and therefore will never happen. It's technically libelous. Not that i wouldn't like to see that in my game.

Robert the Spud
03-02-2011, 15:31

Seeing as that is your first post, i will presume you are trolling :D

I agree about the stadiums, but it is not viable. I think a better way of doing it is to categorise stadiums. So top tier stadium like Nou Camp, or the Bernabau have their own model, White Hart Lane and Stamford Bridge have a different model, and so on, and then personalise the stadiums somehow to suggest what club they are at. Some extra work, but i think that is more viable than individualising each and every stadia. I know the game does this to a degree, but if it could fine tuned so that we really see a difference between top stadiums and average ones. The lower league ones are fine imo.

Dr. Hook
03-02-2011, 21:17
Stadium Requirements

There are quite some leagues in the world with stadium requirements and it would be nice (not to mention realistic) if FM incorporates this once again.
A few versions ago this was already incorporated but abolished due to people complaining that they couldn't get promoted with club X.
However this leads to the situation that players with small clubs end up with tiny stadiums in the Championship / EPL and crippling them financially and sportively.

Therefore I propose the following compromise between the "non implementation of stadium requirements" / "not possible to get promoted" possibilities.

If a club has money enough:
- Automatically expand the current stadium / build a new stadium

If a club doesn't have money for a new stadium and/or is not able to expand its current stadium, give the manager the option between the following 1):
- Expand the stadium / build a new stadium anyway and take the financial consequences
- Share the ground with another club nearby who's ground does meet the stadium requirements. When the club has accumulated enough money then build the new stadium/expand the current stadium.
Alternatively, when the club gets relegated again, move back to the old stadium
- Refrain from getting promoted.

Note:
1) It might not be the ultimate realistic thing to give this decision to the manager but for game-enjoying purposes it is the best and anyone can decide what's best and/or most realistic for his playing style.

This. For a game that prides itself on being a realistic simulation of football (and does a great job of it in most respects!) I always found it baffling that SI would give in to the complainers when they stand firm on so many other things for the sake of being realistic. We don't have difficulty levels, or no sacking options available, so let's have league ground requirements observed, please.

In terms of the overall idea, I would say that the club's board should choose between the options. As it is now, though, regardless of who chooses, there aren't enough options for clubs that get promoted and stay in their cruddy little 1400 capacity ground. Ground share or renting a facility should be the choice for clubs who can't afford a new facility, or whose boards are unwilling to take on massive debt. Definitely a must have for the next version

SazoJohnno
03-02-2011, 21:25

I like that idea Deisler26. Would love that in the game.

SazoJohnno
03-02-2011, 21:29
This. For a game that prides itself on being a realistic simulation of football (and does a great job of it in most respects!) I always found it baffling that SI would give in to the complainers when they stand firm on so many other things for the sake of being realistic. We don't have difficulty levels, or no sacking options available, so let's have league ground requirements observed, please.

In terms of the overall idea, I would say that the club's board should choose between the options. As it is now, though, regardless of who chooses, there aren't enough options for clubs that get promoted and stay in their cruddy little 1400 capacity ground. Ground share or renting a facility should be the choice for clubs who can't afford a new facility, or whose boards are unwilling to take on massive debt. Definitely a must have for the next version

I like the idea of asking for the groundshare (Although that will be more rare if there's the rival nearby but nonetheless, a good idea!)

Nik_Dut
03-02-2011, 21:42
i would love to see February future patches with winter transfers appear as window transfer in the game.

OptimusPrime
03-02-2011, 21:55
Dunno if this has been said or not, but no way I'm trawling through 66 pages to look for this.

I know the regional divisions for england has been suggested, but how about going further with the other countries too.

filcom101
04-02-2011, 02:32
international finance ........manager and coach getting paid !! get into the world cup or EURO's and the your FA gets Lots of money

and also would like to see the january transfers in patch 3 update to go through in january not at the start of the game !!!!

thanks

filcom101
04-02-2011, 03:03
i did a few threads about the international part of FM and just looking at what happening in real life the last 2 seasons......

at the end of 2008-09 and this season ireland have held an end of season training camp where members from the 1st team, B team, U-23 team and U-21 team had a 7 day training camp and 2 practice games which resulted in a lot of young and fringe players getting picked in the matches against Paraguay and Algeria......

so maybe its time to put something like this in the game.......if you don't get into a major summer tournament you get a traning camp where you can call up as many players as you wish (not just 26 players) and still play 2 or 3 international friendly games.

currently if you don't get into WC or EC it really is barren. you play 1 game and thats it .......its not realistic ...

and if you qualified for WC or EC then instead of playing 1game and picking your 23man team 7 days before a your first game.

Why not have a training camp in another country and play 2 or 3 games where you get feed back on who might sneak into the final squad....just like in real life......i dont wont to end on a sour note but i dont know why this sort of thing isn't in the game yet....its like the international part FM2008 was the best ......but SI hasn't really improved it in 3 years now

Aland5545
04-02-2011, 14:08
Hi All,
This is my first post on this site, so please be gentle.

I've played CM since its beginning in the '90s I think, and watched it evolve into FM 2011. It seems that a lot of effort has gone into the match engine, to the detriment of other long standing issues.
For instance :- In almost every version I've played since the start, Brighton still change shirt colour when playing at HOME to Gillingham (?) and vice versa.
Neither Man City nor Coventry change when playing against other teams in blue.
These faults have been around for years and during that time I've noticed other shirt changing issues but can't remember them now.

It's also about time a decent 'saved game editor' was made available, so we could all change our teams away shirt colours every season, as they do in the real world.
Regards
Alan

Dr. Hook
04-02-2011, 18:36
*bah never mind*

Anti Spiral
06-02-2011, 18:09
Pretty pointless, but I wish you could add favourite teams to yourself after a certain amount of time with the club. I've been Manager of Tonbridge for 10 Seasons and now want them as one of my fav clubs. :o

Lexis
06-02-2011, 19:01
What I would like to see in FM12?

- Training Camps

In the january pause, wherever there is one and in the preseason teams should be able to go to into training camps. There would be different options for where to go with different benefits:
Type 1 : - Big Boost to Match fitness
- Bigger Training Score for Physical Training

Type 2 : - Boost in Technical Training Scores
- Boost in morale.
Type 3 : - Boost in Match Preparation Tactics
Type 4 : - A little boost in every section

- More detailed manager contracts

Not everywhere in the world every manager has full control on the team. This should be specified in the contracts wether the manager gets or not full control. There are alot of clubs that do the transfers for the manager ( both selling and buying ) and so on. I think this should be reflected in FM as a negociable option in the manager's contract.

- More features for the Youth System

Be able to invest on certain zones in the world and bring youngsters from there.

- New Training Module

The training module currently does not reflect reality nor does it matter enough.

We should be able to choose how many trainings we want to do each day and what the scope of those training times would be. Also the training should have some sort of effect similar to Match Preparation when going into match, not just attribute wise.

- More control over finances and club structure

Be able to modify ticket prices, build infrastructure, more control on merchandise, etc.

Dr. Hook
06-02-2011, 20:06
Your last point on training was how it was once, it went away after FM05- you set up daily regimen with different type of exercises like shadow play, piggy in the middle, etc. IIRC there was a lot of complaints about it (I didn't care for it so much either, was a lot of work to set up and tweak and the feedback on what it did was pretty nonexistent), so it moved in the direction it now is with the sliders and focus areas.

Lexis
06-02-2011, 20:20
Wich is neither realist nor complex enough.

I think FM should aim for something close to real life :D

Dr. Hook
06-02-2011, 20:53
You're right, as it is now, it is abstracted - the sliders and training categories assume the relevant training exercises are happening to develop each skill. I wouldn't mind seeing a compromise of sorts- something philosophically like the tactics creator where you can use it, or use the classic clicks and notches system, or even a bit of both. Training is one of those where I think some would like to micro-control you are suggesting, while others prefer something abstract and easy to use. Maybe a training wizard?

Riziger
07-02-2011, 19:11
I'd like to see scheduling friendly tours have more impact and effect of the reputation of the club in that particular nation etc. Many of the big clubs go on tours of America or Asia to build up their profiles with future profits in mind.

Apart from that, the option to buy the player but immediately loan him back to his club till a later date. I think this can be done by setting the date at the end of the season but don't think it'd be too difficult to implement this as it happens a lot in real life

Desmond
09-02-2011, 13:53
would love to see Japanese League football in fm2012, think it's the most successful league games in Asia, so they proved themselves in the WC2010

Pompey1978
09-02-2011, 15:04
- More control over finances and club structure

Be able to modify ticket prices, build infrastructure, more control on merchandise, etc.

Your other ideas were sound enough, but this one I don't agree with. Real-life managers have no involvement with these things, so why should a FM manager?

As far as infrastructure goes, you can already request that your board improve training or youth facilities, or even a new stadium. Beyond that I don't see what else you could do.

Le Tissier's Nose
09-02-2011, 15:21

Yes I agree - after all, we all want realism.. and that would make the game much more realistic... Ya doughnut!

master_wu
10-02-2011, 03:28
Voice Commentary, pls
A Chinese guy has done this into FM2011
Below is the video:
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjQwODE3NDc2.html

So there is no technic problem

Open \Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\events\match_sounds.cfg

You will know that mix the voice commentary and sound files(\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\sounds\default), you will easliy get voice commentary in the game

You can record voice commentary yourself, or capture them from TV LIVE/RECORD

Skooma
10-02-2011, 03:32
I want clubs to actually buy my players.

Calvincito
10-02-2011, 07:53
I have for years missed something in the game, which I cannot understand has been left out.
I'd like SI to implement more statistics for the teams and leagues, for example best scorers all time.
When watching a game on TV it is fairly common that they talk about a player who is reaching this or that place on an all-time list.
As of today, we can only see who is the number one scorer and who has the most appearences for a club.
I'd like to know who's third, and seventh as well.
Not to mention who is the all-time scorer or "assister" of a league, PL for example.
You could also extend this and I know for sure it would be fun for me to see a list of "most caps for England" or such.

All of this is easily found on the web today, so why not put it into the game?
It is in any case already being tracked today, since the record for most goals and appearences can be broken.
It's just not visible.

Please SI, take it into consideration, I believe many people would appreciate such a "small" detail.

El Payaso
10-02-2011, 10:44
Tactics should include a thing that hasn't been present since CM 4; off the ball and with the ball screens where you could move your players in to positions depending where the ball is and whether is it in your team's control or not. Would add really much variations into the tactical side of the game.

Rossi23
10-02-2011, 11:04
STADIUMS!!!!!!

Bernabeu
San Siro
Camp Nou

etc

or an open platform for the users to add their own

Rossi23
10-02-2011, 11:08
Give us Real life stadium to enoy our game. This will add so much to the realism

Kezman9
10-02-2011, 11:13
You should be able to set up little academy's around the world so once the young ones join you can pick the best and take them into your squad be it reserves or under 18's and also training camps for pre season as someone mentioned before would be nice to take them somewhere hot where they would enjoy the sun the and the football or somewhere a bit rough like the Alps where they would have to train harder thus preparing them for the season and so on....

dibbers
10-02-2011, 12:53
Tactics should include a thing that hasn't been present since CM 4; off the ball and with the ball screens where you could move your players in to positions depending where the ball is and whether is it in your team's control or not. Would add really much variations into the tactical side of the game.

i agree with this.
perhaps an easier way to make successful tactics???

El Payaso
10-02-2011, 18:19
i agree with this.
perhaps an easier way to make successful tactics???What the? It already is easy to make succesful tactics. I've played Cahill as Trequartista even though he has 9 creativity and he still scores plenty. So even though players have some weaknesses, they still play well if you have the right roles for them.

What has annoyed me for several years is that defensive midfielders like Essien and Parker don't perform. Essien always plays with rating like 6,8 if he doesn't get assists or if we don't win big. Defensive midfielders IRL are often the most important players for their teams, so they should have bigger role in FM's match engine also.

Barkermush
10-02-2011, 19:47
Being able to see how many fans you take away from home (away attendance).

Just noticed that it mentioned around how many away fans will be travelling on FM11, been asking for something like this for ages.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/8931/83731370.jpg

Been playing FM11 for a while and i've only just noticed it now. :D

Cougar2010
10-02-2011, 20:04

Its already in the game.

Positional setup on the tactics screen is "without ball" while the instructions you give are "with ball"

It was taken out for a reason. No player runs aimlessly between two positions once the match kicks off, he makes runs dependent on whats going on around him.

filcom101
11-02-2011, 01:23
id like to be able to comment on bad tackles after games!!!

im chelsea playing Liverpool away and winning 3-0 ...Easy! then in the 88min Gerrard CRACKS into my player of the season Essien with 2 feet !
.....after the game i find out that Essi is out for...... 10-12 months !!!! with cruciate ligaments !! NOOOOO

and i cant say BOO to Gerrard !!! in real life i would rip him a new one on national TV !!!!

in the end Garrard got 4 game ban !!! and not a bad word said .........

filcom101
11-02-2011, 01:27
any one play with stadium builder in PES 2011....amazing adds so much ....... have a web page with different stands to download......

Nik_Dut
11-02-2011, 10:40
just please try to release with less bugs compared to previous release, instead of more like now.
And also, if still buggy, please give us xx.4 or xx.5 or xx.9 until it is playable.
Have pity on us....

xenon
11-02-2011, 10:57
Player development should not be restricted to "potential ability", his match performances should be able to influence it a lot.
Eg. In FM10, Diego Milito had a finishing of 15(or 16, not sure) which is not something amazing and no matter how many he scores, it wont change; but they changed it to 19 in FM11! This should be made possible due to performances.

Also, no player loses his game (in this case, stats) early like Michael Owen or Adriano (Torres seems to be heading that way going by this season) did. A good player remains good forever and an average player remains average throughout, without any chance of late blooming.

Popider
11-02-2011, 12:05
Bidding wars. The hot topic at the moment in FM2011 is that the transfer system is flawed because you can't get value in selling players at all. I wholeheartedly agree. I would like to refer anyone who argues that the transfer system ISNT flawed to a supply and demand curve.

Example:
- I have a player worth £5million, I offer him out for £7.5million and I get (for example) 8 offers. 8 identical offers of £5million. Now if there was one buyer, they would have the power over me as I would have to decide either not to sell him or accept this measly bid. If I have two bids, I can ask one club to outbid the other club. The 'value' inflates slightly, however there's still a good chance one club will be unwilling and the market will drop down to one buyer. That being said, if one club is even slightly willing, the value goes up to £5.5million. If I have EIGHT bids, then the world is my auction house. I should have teams vying for the signature of the player (maybe much like the contract negotiations we've got going with agents etc?) and the value inflates further. Supply and Demand. 8 bids, eventually the teams with the top spending power settle and I maybe get 3 bids of around £8-9million instead of this strange cartel of £5million across the board. Someone at SI Towers should read up about the transfer market and economic theory...

Another thing has to be the conscious ambition and the will to succeed per club. Why do teams fall down the rankings without a whimper? Starting season 4. Man Utd have finished 5th and sold Vidic, Ferdinand, Rooney, Nani and Berbatov. They have replaced them with some astonishingly mediocre players. Now in real life, if Man Utd finished 5th, three would be an UPROAR. (I'm not a Man Utd fan but I accept they are a huge club). There would be a huge amount of indignance from the fans, they would demand the managers head and some serious investment in bringing back winning ways. Real life examples: Real Madrid splashing £200million to try and wrench the title back from Barcelona. Celtic buying about 30 players in the last 2 seasons to try to become dominant in the SPL again. Instead, we have this alarming acceptance from clubs who fall from grace. Finally, let's not pretend that these clubs dont have the resources to fight back - I "added manager" to check the books. £200million in the bank, £100million transfer budget. No signings. This makes the game completely uncompetitive - once you reach the top with a smaller club, there are no concerted efforts to dethrone you. Unchallenged dominance awaits.

Last point. Should there be a Signing-on Fee budget? The one thing stopping me from signing Tevez, Rooney, Fabregas etc is that I can't afford the exorbitant up-front fees due to board limitations, while easily affording their weekly wage demands. I'd like a bit of flexibility here and the ability to allocate more cash to this...

Giziar
12-02-2011, 16:14
Minority / Immigrant Clubs

There are quite a few minority / immigrants clubs around in the footballing world. Not always right away playable in FM but a they can be promoted to playable leagues or are playing in leagues that can be added to FM thanks to the editor these days.

A few of those clubs are:
Türkiyemspor Berlin (4th tier Germany, Turkish minority)
SV Türkspor Bremen (5th tier Germany, Turkish minority)
Berlin AK 07 (5th tier Germany, Turkish minority)
FC RM Hamm Benfica (1st tier Luxembourg, Portuguese minority)
Lusitanos (1st tier Andorra, Portuguese minority)
FC Chabab (4th tier Holland, Moroccan minority)

As so far they are in the database, they are represented with the current real life (mostly double nationality) players and staff. However when newgens start appearing the club will lose it's minority character as only very rarely a double nationality player pops up.

So I propose that in the club info field in the database a field is implemented where you can insert the country where the players originate from.

For generating newgens at clubs who do have the minority/immigrant trait set the following could be used:
25% of all newgens will be double nationality local/minority (born in the country of the club but out of immigrant parents and therefore double nationality)
25% of all newgens will be double nationality minority/local (born in country of origin but moved to the country of the club at young age and therefore gained double nationality)
25% of all newgens will be of the foreign nationality (born in the country of origin and only recently moved, should be listed that he's at least something like 365 days in the country of the club)
25% of all newgens will be of local nationality (born in the neighbourhood and therefore joining the club)

One can imagine that if a minority/immigrant club climbs upon the league pyramid they start to attract more and more players of the country where the club is located due to the rise in local reputation.
Therefore the percentages could be amended for a club playing in first tier to something like 30%/15%/10%/45% respectively.

Thierry Henrhys
12-02-2011, 17:53
I'd like to see Footy Manager 2012 to have some sort of intergration with Windows Media or iTunes so I could easily have my tunes playing through it while playing the game. Even the ability to use your music library in a smiliar way to what FIFA have done this year with music of your choice playing for goals.

Deejaydoubleyou
12-02-2011, 23:08
Simples. Better media integration. As it stands I just check the same response each time I get asked the same tired old questions. 5 Options is not enough!
Better coach involvement. As mentioned before the ability to send coaches away for badges.
Better graphic design. Stadiums are poor and all look the same in each catergory. Players movements are jerky. Goal celebrations are dismal.

TheGulls
12-02-2011, 23:24
Dear Jim, please can I have the following;

1 - A better manager CV, so at a glance I can see all the teams that I have managed, what competitions I won and what year I achieved this (very cosmetic I know but good for the ego)
2 - A 3D globe that I can spin and select a country to send my scout off to (Again very cosmetic, but I do feel that a few more visual aids are required in a very stat heavy game)
3 - I find training very boring and leave it up to the Ass Man to sort - needs to be more interesting and again perhaps more visual
4 - As all managers have to earn coaching and manager badges these days, perhaps courses that you have to go on to get these - could be represented by a fun short multiple choice footballing quiz.
5 - A proper set piece creator, where you can move the players around the training ground and try and create the perfect freekick - could lead to some really insteresting and funny attempts. (community share these as well as upload to you tube)
6 - J-League - But I know this is down to licensing
7 - More lower leagues for the English pyramid system out of the box, every time I have used the editor or downloaded an edited file it eventually corupts and I have to start again.
8 - Manager and media relationships so certain media personal like you or hate you and the questions from them are reflected in this as well as how they interprete your answers.

5 -

Randdalf0
13-02-2011, 00:41
Off the top of my head, the feature I'd most desire at the moment is a proper 3D match engine. In a day and age where the next generation of consoles is going to be upon us within the next few years and computers are growing stronger by the day, FM still has a 3D engine which was antiquated when it first game out. This would include things like integrating FaceGen with the match engine, highly improved animations, vastly better texturing, high-poly 3D player modelling, the ability to freely move the camera around, as well as automated closeup cameras and other technical aspects along those lines. Some might argue that this is a managing game and not an interactive one, but it's hard to revel in the brilliance of a goal when it's scored by a disingenuous low-poly player and you're seeing it from however many metres away. I'd also argue that FM's current view of the pitch is incredibly unrealistic, even if it is catering towards playability - a highly improved match engine would allow the addition of a pitch side view i.e. where managers actually stand in real life. (There was one really good point I had to make here but I can't remember it for the life of me) Ah yes, now I remember. Other games where you actually play football have in my opinion a disadvantage as far as 3D engines are concerned. They have to be realistic, but not realistic to the point where players cannot enjoy the game. Players do not move naturally at all in these games, running in straight lines everywhere. With a proper 3D engine, FM isn't inhibited in these regards - SI can make the engine as realistic as it can, because it doesn't need to be fun to play in.

It's pretty apparent to me that, other than the addition of stupid amounts of depth that very few will be willing to plumb, FM is reaching a sort of conclusion in its path to total management simulation. Other than perfecting existing systems (in which admittedly, a lot is left to be desired), there is very little else (apart from a much improved 3D engine) that FM has to do in regards to being a management sim. One thing I'd like to see on the side, personally, is total editor control i.e. disassociation between in-game code and competitions, countries, etc. This means that the World Cup no longer has to exist, nor does there have to be a specific number of countries, or continents (this is sort of harking back to the old days, when you could change countries and continents, but not competitions - a step back has been taken in that regard).

FM currently operates rather like a sandbox game - there are no goals or aims you can set for yourself. This aspect of the game could be improved immensely; for example, there could be legacy databases, where your objective is to say, replicate England's 1966 World Cup win. Talking of legacies, I'd like the option to keep the data of retired players after they retire - it's not as if hard drives nowadays aren't big enough to store those records.

Stoppeh
13-02-2011, 04:19
Whilst I can't openly admit to trawling through this entire thread to check whether my idea has previously been suggested, a quick glance has shown no results so far. If, however, it does transpire somewhere between pages 1-5 and 63 onwards a similar post has been made, I will apologise before the Forum Police come and bust my 'ignorant behind'. My idea, one which I have thought of previously but never felt the real desire to think about seriously, is one that concerns online interaction between pre-existing data save squads.

Following on from the already established idea of Football Manager Live, and without considering too heavily whether the interaction is truly possible, the idea of a database squad taking on another squad seems very challenging and perhaps rewarding for those stuck in the doldrums of post 2020 management. The idea is relatively simple. Export your squad that you currently have (say, your treble winning, all-conquering Wigan Athletic squad from 2017) from your save and begin to participate in a global (perhaps national to keep the scale more appropriate) cup tournament.

Using the idea of a server that other players can connect to, as in FML, the two squads could then do battle to decide whom has created the better offline team. There would, of course, be the occasional cross-over in player, but I don't think that would detract too far away from the realism required for such an event to take place. Whilst I can see that this idea is not totally perfect, and there are perhaps issues with those who would seek to gain an advantage from editing their own database so that a 200 PA squad from some quaint part of Bolivia emerge as almost unstoppable, I think there is a basis of a potentially good idea.

I, personally, would like nothing more than the chance to prove that the team I have constructed for many hours in an offline game could be tested against other managers of the same, greater, or lesser ability. I have from experience found that once your team has reached a certain level, and you have been subsequently adorned the 'Best Manager of All Time' by the Hall of Fame rankings, direction for the would be manager can be lacking. This idea of a new level of competition waiting would certainly whet my appetite.

The system could work by allowing only non-edited database squad lists from being exported. Whether SI, or some other computer clued-up genius, has the know-how to allow different squads lists to be entered in the same server (PC skills are rather lacking so don't know whether I am under or over estimating the complexity) is a different issue, and one I imagine someone will have the grace to inform me about.

The tournaments could then run on a ranking point system, similar to those found in Electronic Arts titles such as FIFA and NHL, whereby wins of certain goal differences are rewarded with more points, and the winning of a match in the later rounds of a cup are worthy of more points than ones in the earlier rounds. Whilst I can see that is feasible that a team could enter such a tournament and be knocked out, thus having seemingly wasted their opportunity in global glory, there could perhaps be a Consolidation Cup to allow them another chance at world status.

A perhaps further idea, to extend the interaction of this gameplay, would be to make mini-leagues or perhaps a 'Friendly' option. This would allow the bragging rights between friends to be finally settled. Terms such as "My Bolton side from 2017 would batter your 2014 Barcelona". "You're chatting codswallop" would be a thing of the past. This certainly would open up a more global interaction between existing Football Manager players, and capping the amounts of Friendlies that can be played in a day could allow for less overloading of any server issues. Indeed, Friendlies could perhaps be played using the existing Network setting within the FM series, and thus not cause an issue compared to 'competitive' games.

A few nice touches that could be added to the idea could be that of spectators being able to view tournament matches, if they so wish, and global leaderboards being posted through the SI Forums. Could there be no greater claim that to say that you are 'The Best Football Manager player in the world' or indeed state that you have 'Completed the game' (See The Inbetweeeners: Jay, for reference). Another could be the allowance of previous SI titles, perhaps stopping at around FM06 (where my first real successful long save came into fruition, coincidentally) into the said player v player gaming, but whether this would cause further interaction problems I am not sure.

The one and perhaps dooming problem I see with this suggestion is how SI can drive any sort of commercial profit from the idea. Whilst it may seem to be appealing to existing users, they are more than likely going to purchase any further title produced in the Football Manager series. I, indeed, would feel incomplete if there were to be a gap on my shelf between CM Italia and FM 11. However, the claim of 'challenge your friends and the world in online matches' does have a nice ring to it. I very much doubt that SI would allow for betting to take place on the games, so whether or not there is any feasibility to charging to entrance I am not aware.

Although, they could perhaps make a small charge for the allowance of said online interaction games, in order to cover the cost of the server space. I hope this idea makes some sort of sense, as I can openly admit to it being posted whilst I am not in 100% mental fitness. I apologise for any typos therein, but as previously mentioned, my mind isn't working at it's usual best at 4am in the morning. I would appreciate some feedback to this idea, so I don't feel like a completely deranged loon who has gone off on some wild tangent in a suggestion forum.

Nik_Dut
13-02-2011, 05:25
get rid of "Past Experience : AUTOMATIC"

change it to something else.

bennufc
13-02-2011, 17:41
for when the patch comes out each january, it gives you the option of having the results/league positions up to the release of the patch, i realise this could have problems with fixture licences but you could have the same results and fixtures just in a different order to those in real life.

Popider
13-02-2011, 18:07
Stoppeh,

I'm always loathe to stick things on the wishlist because no one really discusses ideas, most people (and can you blame them?) just flick to the bottom to whack in their ideas.

That being said, your "export squad" idea is fan-bloody-tastic. I'd love to take a squad of 25 to play some kind of competition. As I said about a dozen posts north of yours, once you're at the top there is no-one to dethrone you and it very quickly gets one dimensional. I've won the league thrice in a row now, why do I need to work on my squad? This would be brilliant.

DavtheMan
13-02-2011, 18:41
I would like to see some sort of quick start feature which lets you take the role of a past great manger, for example be brian clough and take derby from the 2nd division to the 1st division title, using the players of the time. It may not be for everyone but it could add a fun, extra game type when you're a little bored of normal fm

ashbag
13-02-2011, 18:48
I agree, quality idea Stoppeh. And, if you don't want to manage it yourself or you can't, you could let your manager take control, and using your attributes (and history) you've built up it will do certain things on your behalf. That would add a lot more to the attributes feature, in my opinion, which seems to me almost as if it's just cosmetic.

And a commercial interest should be available. As you said, selling point, perhaps charging for uploading (although that won't go down well), and surely advertising? There'll be loads of room around the leader-boards and stuff, and you're bringing it onto the internet so it's more viewable - surely they could get more advertisers or more money from existing advertisers?

Cougar2010
13-02-2011, 18:49
get rid of "Past Experience : AUTOMATIC"

change it to something else.

What do you suggest?

and do you even know what it does?

Demon
13-02-2011, 21:39
Let's say I get this player for free in january when his contracts end in june, then I will get him for free in June. Ok good. But I would love if I could talk with the other club for a transfer right now in january AFTER that the player accepted my offer. The release fee should not be high as it would be before, becouse he already has signed for my club. I hope you understand what I am talking about.

Pinball fury
13-02-2011, 22:20
I would like to see a diffcult mode easy mode to legendary manager mode some would say take over a lower league team to easy and high league team for hard in this case it's wrong cause it should be any team despite low or high. This diffcult mode shouldnt take away the realism of the game but to make this game more suitable for people out there that have problem winning the game and people who find this game fair to easy, it would balance it for all people.

Another future idea would be feature on/off ingame for example to turn off agent's,new's etc this would return the game to those old day's of just click click match and for those who like the realism of the game to keep the feature on.

This next idea has been said or done in past am not sure, but it would be brillant to have a live voice commentary in match mode.

edwall
14-02-2011, 11:35
A feature I would like to add:

when loaning a player from club, at the end of the loan period you can report back to the parent clubs manager, with how the player has got on.
1, the player showed great promise and played well would love to have him back next season.
2, think this move has come a bit early for him, next season may be better for him
3, the player hasn't trained well and his attitude disappointed us

There are many different responses you could have for different players and loans e.g young player getting first team experience, a player recovering from a serious injury, a player in need of first team action....
Be a good feature will improve manager interaction and would reflect real life.

The-Perfect-Fm'er!
15-02-2011, 01:00
An extremely simple one.

Passes made by a team for team stats. You can see it on the club information screen but I'd like them to be added to the team actual team stats for the league.

Also, player stats, how many passes made....there is pass completion but I'd love to see how many actual passes players are making because that helps just as much as passing percentage. Someone's passing completion is 82% but they've attempted 1600 passes, where as someone else has 88% pass completion but only attempted 800, then I think the first one is better but I don't think there is really a way to find out how many attempted passes and completed passes players have.

Same goes with actual tackles made maybe even chances created for certain players, especially important in wide men and wingers. Some players might have 5 less assists, simply because the chances they create are being missed.

So just a few things, nothing serious.

Reiver
15-02-2011, 07:09
Minority / Immigrant Clubs

There are quite a few minority / immigrants clubs around in the footballing world. Not always right away playable in FM but a they can be promoted to playable leagues or are playing in leagues that can be added to FM thanks to the editor these days.

A few of those clubs are:
Türkiyemspor Berlin (4th tier Germany, Turkish minority)
SV Türkspor Bremen (5th tier Germany, Turkish minority)
Berlin AK 07 (5th tier Germany, Turkish minority)
FC RM Hamm Benfica (1st tier Luxembourg, Portuguese minority)
Lusitanos (1st tier Andorra, Portuguese minority)
FC Chabab (4th tier Holland, Moroccan minority)

As so far they are in the database, they are represented with the current real life (mostly double nationality) players and staff. However when newgens start appearing the club will lose it's minority character as only very rarely a double nationality player pops up.

So I propose that in the club info field in the database a field is implemented where you can insert the country where the players originate from.

For generating newgens at clubs who do have the minority/immigrant trait set the following could be used:
25% of all newgens will be double nationality local/minority (born in the country of the club but out of immigrant parents and therefore double nationality)
25% of all newgens will be double nationality minority/local (born in country of origin but moved to the country of the club at young age and therefore gained double nationality)
25% of all newgens will be of the foreign nationality (born in the country of origin and only recently moved, should be listed that he's at least something like 365 days in the country of the club)
25% of all newgens will be of local nationality (born in the neighbourhood and therefore joining the club)

One can imagine that if a minority/immigrant club climbs upon the league pyramid they start to attract more and more players of the country where the club is located due to the rise in local reputation.
Therefore the percentages could be amended for a club playing in first tier to something like 30%/15%/10%/45% respectively.

Lusitanos already create portuguese regens. The other ones need sorting though.

Stoppeh
16-02-2011, 00:10
I agree, quality idea Stoppeh. And, if you don't want to manage it yourself or you can't, you could let your manager take control, and using your attributes (and history) you've built up it will do certain things on your behalf. That would add a lot more to the attributes feature, in my opinion, which seems to me almost as if it's just cosmetic.

And a commercial interest should be available. As you said, selling point, perhaps charging for uploading (although that won't go down well), and surely advertising? There'll be loads of room around the leader-boards and stuff, and you're bringing it onto the internet so it's more viewable - surely they could get more advertisers or more money from existing advertisers?

Stoppeh,

I'm always loathe to stick things on the wishlist because no one really discusses ideas, most people (and can you blame them?) just flick to the bottom to whack in their ideas.

That being said, your "export squad" idea is fan-bloody-tastic. I'd love to take a squad of 25 to play some kind of competition. As I said about a dozen posts north of yours, once you're at the top there is no-one to dethrone you and it very quickly gets one dimensional. I've won the league thrice in a row now, why do I need to work on my squad? This would be brilliant.

- Cheers for the positive feedback guys. I knew the Wishlist wasn't seen as a very serious topic but wasn't sure where else to post it. Do you think it's worth risking the general discussion post just to bring attention to it? I had given it long thought before posting. I think there could be some advertising to be made from it. What else is there to be said than to beat your friends with some actual real showing for it? I mean, anyone can make up they've done this and that on their offline saves. Step up and prove it I say.

Preveza
16-02-2011, 00:52
Its already in the game.

Positional setup on the tactics screen is "without ball" while the instructions you give are "with ball"

It was taken out for a reason. No player runs aimlessly between two positions once the match kicks off, he makes runs dependent on whats going on around him.

I disagree. I saw Jose Mourinhos notepad once during a UCL game, and he was giving instructions to his team where he wanted them to be positioned when the other team has the ball in their own half. It would be a good inclusion in future releases IMO. For example, if your opponent has the ball in and around your 18 yard box, you might want your fullbacks to tuck in and your wingers to stay wide for example. Or maybe youd want your striker roaming around the wing. Just an example. I think it would be great to re-add this, maybe enhanced ofcourse. It would give you more 'control' over your teams tactics.

samdiatmh
16-02-2011, 01:20
-a player automatically goes out on loan to the feeder club if he doesn't have the WP
-the managers wage to ACTUALLY change when you renew your contract (at the moment you can earn 3k per week with Chester city in the conference and then still be earning that when you win the CL or other comps)
-older players returning to their country or going for a big money move to the middle east/america before they retire, rather than retire becasue they can't find a club (Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Larsson and others are examples)
-talking about other deals (Mr Wenger, Liverpool have just paid 35m for Carroll, what do you think of this?)
-verbal agreements with clubs about signings (Arsenal choose not to pursue Subotic if Atletico choose not to pursue Sahko)

El Payaso
16-02-2011, 13:57
I disagree. I saw Jose Mourinhos notepad once during a UCL game, and he was giving instructions to his team where he wanted them to be positioned when the other team has the ball in their own half. It would be a good inclusion in future releases IMO. For example, if your opponent has the ball in and around your 18 yard box, you might want your fullbacks to tuck in and your wingers to stay wide for example. Or maybe youd want your striker roaming around the wing. Just an example. I think it would be great to re-add this, maybe enhanced ofcourse. It would give you more 'control' over your teams tactics.Yeah, it would surely bring something to the tactical side of the game. IMO the tactics nowadays are just way too simple to make and haven't really got my team to play in a style I want. It's more down to team-talks, if I pick the right one it's gonna be easy, if the wrong one then my team is struggling. Really haven't been able to change that with my tactical choices.

Who watched Milan - Tottenham last evening or Barcelona - Inter last season? It is impossible to reduce opposition's chances that effectively in FM. Bringing this tactical thing into game could make it more possible.

Ninian Park 1910 - 2009
16-02-2011, 20:54
for me, i hate the fact that sometimes i sign a free transfer who is not at a club. it says transfer failed due to failing medical when hes out for 6months. why cant i sign him and give him use to my medical facilities. cause i hate losing out on them when their fitt again. "recommendations" Sir Alex, recommended a italian striker a few years back to dave jones, be a nice feature if united find a player whos good, but not good enough for them, they say "sir alex has reccomended this player to you" the conversion from chances rate should be a bit more realistic im fed up of 20 shots and scoring 1. manager/agent relationship .... if im good friends with a agent, be nice if i say im lookin for a mid, and he can inform me of a midfielder available or he could give me first notice if one his players is unhappy or looking for a move away from their clubs. ..........chairmen manager relationship needs to be sorted. i think if i have a good relationship of say "crawley owner, he decides to sell, and then buy someone like sheff wednesday, if we're friends he might ask me to come manage his sqaud" and more re-buyer chairmen, so if crawley chairman does sell, he uses the money made to buy a team of the same or simular vaulation..........

chairmen look for investors. im fed up of being a club whos in the red, and theres no money atall and im forced to sell while the chairman sits and does nothing, be nice if it said a investor has purchased 35% of the shares for £7m, £3m have been given to transfers and £4m to ease the financial situation of the club

vasilli07
16-02-2011, 21:17
A netbook skin, please...that's the easiest to put in.

La Furia Roja
17-02-2011, 06:43
Ok, say I sign a free agent in a country that only allows frees to join at a certain time. I would like to be able to bring the player into my team to train only.

An example, its February and I cannot sign a free agent until August (in Finland) so he has no training etc for 6 months. I want to sign him now as I dont want another club to snatch him, Id like to be able to train him at the club for 6 months, unpaid of course to get fit etc.

Maybe an option in the contract so he can say he doesn't want to do it for free etc if he doesn't want to.

Robin :)
17-02-2011, 15:41
http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/254398-Major-flaws-of-FM-2011.

this links includes all my wishes.

moreover, should the target man setting getting more effective, it just doesnt work in 2011

Georgik
17-02-2011, 15:50
real football agents like jorge mendes, antonio sanz, etc.

Nik_Dut
18-02-2011, 12:02
What do you suggest?

and do you even know what it does?

i suggest anything else but the word "automatic".
salesman, teacher, interpreter

El Zar
18-02-2011, 12:20
real football agents like jorge mendes, antonio sanz, etc.

Never going to happen. They'd have to approach every agent individually and ask them for permission to use their name.

sparkysrovers
18-02-2011, 23:43
The ability to influence kit design (in game)

And to view training, so that you can see who is actually training. I am not saying I would use the whole time, but it might be a nice feature to have now that we have good 3d matches

Cougar2010
18-02-2011, 23:46
The ability to influence kit design (in game)

And to view training, so that you can see who is actually training. I am not saying I would use the whole time, but it might be a nice feature to have now that we have good 3d matches

I believe kits are part of the license so legally can't be altered within the game while 3d training would get boring within minutes becoming the most useless feature ever introduced.

Cougar2010
18-02-2011, 23:49
I disagree. I saw Jose Mourinhos notepad once during a UCL game, and he was giving instructions to his team where he wanted them to be positioned when the other team has the ball in their own half. It would be a good inclusion in future releases IMO. For example, if your opponent has the ball in and around your 18 yard box, you might want your fullbacks to tuck in and your wingers to stay wide for example. Or maybe youd want your striker roaming around the wing. Just an example. I think it would be great to re-add this, maybe enhanced ofcourse. It would give you more 'control' over your teams tactics.

Disagree all you want the fact is that its already included.

What you can ask for is more tactical options but pointing out the blade of grass you want a player to stand on will never happen.

Cougar2010
18-02-2011, 23:50
i suggest anything else but the word "automatic".
salesman, teacher, interpreter

So all you want is the word changing?

That sounds fair enough presuming you can come up with a suitable alternative.

grande92
19-02-2011, 00:10
Just a few things about Scouting:

It needs to be much more fluid.

I just read an article about danish Chelsea scout Benny Nielsen and his methods of working under Frank Arnesen. He is/was assigned to Scandinavia, and rather than just going randomly around scandinavia compiling match reports it was his responsibility to spot the youngsters of real interest and report them back to Frank, but most of the time he would just write down all the names of the match he was seeing and it would be plotted into their database.

In his words: "It is my job to secure that if we miss out the next Bendter og Agger it will not be because of me not spotting them".

Also, as others have said, why not make the stats-deal more fluid, realistic aswell. It is not right that i can scout a player once and know exactly how good he is at everything. Instead, the scout should give me "note-like" reports, telling me much more about the type of player, his strengths, his weaknesses, what role he could play, his role in the squad, his mentality, what others say about him etc in exchange for me not knowing the stats.

Viggo Vickers
19-02-2011, 18:44
Resizable Match Day Info. i.e. Like a window on your OS, stretch, widen, etc using your cursor.

Clearer information on which nations you DONT have Scouting Knowledge of.

fyrros
20-02-2011, 12:36
few suggestions

1. Allow us to be assistant managers of teams. I mean that if we start unemployed, we can apply for an assistant manager job at various clubs. There we can have control over the reserve squad or the youth squad. So that way, if we perform very well with the reserves, other teams in the same or above division will show some interest in hiring us as managers. Or if your own manager gets fired; the board will hire you as caretaker and if you can improve the team's condition; they might consider appointing you permanently

2. Improve the transfer system. If you want to buy a top-class player; the AI expects you to pay exorbitant amounts of money, usually twice his player value. But if they are interested in one of your top players; they expect to get him at his normal player value!! And if you often try to negotiate by asking for 5-7 mill more; the interested team often withdraws!

3. Make the transfer deadline day more active. In RL, the deadline day is often the busiest day with many important and high value transfers taking place. But in FM, hardly any activity takes place on the last day. Most of the 20 mill+ deals are usually done by the first weeks of the deadline (I'm playing in 2025 right now). I think that most of these transfers should take place near the deadline day.

4. Improve the parent club-feeder club relation to ensure that loan players actually go to the feeder club. I have set half my youth team available for loan and most of the times; my feeder clubs don't even bid for the player, but teams from the same division (and usually finishing nearby in the table) do bid!!

5. Scout ratings for older players should be revised. When you generally scout a 31-33 year old player, the scout will generally give him x stars for current ability; BUT even potential ability will have the same x number of stars. But sometimes it is generally obvious that the player will drop in quality in one season and will have a rating of (x-(1/2)) stars. So i think the scout should rate the player's potential ability keeping in mind what he would look after 1-2 seasons ( by evaluating the injury proneness of the player) to give a more accurate PA rating

MaCeR
21-02-2011, 09:08
few suggestions

1. Allow us to be assistant managers of teams. I mean that if we start unemployed, we can apply for an assistant manager job at various clubs. There we can have control over the reserve squad or the youth squad. So that way, if we perform very well with the reserves, other teams in the same or above division will show some interest in hiring us as managers. Or if your own manager gets fired; the board will hire you as caretaker and if you can improve the team's condition; they might consider appointing you permanently

This could be fun, I think they would have included this if it wasn´t for the coaching attributes, that the human players doesn´t have.

Popider
22-02-2011, 10:51
How about a sound input option for those with a microphone + Voice Recognition Software who want to shout and swear at their players? :) dB level at half-time could be proportional to your displeasure at the performance!

And a serious one, wouldn't it be great if scouting was so good that we could turn the attributes to "invisible"? I'm sure S.A.F. doesn't think "Giggs used to have a pace of 17 now it's more like 13". Etc.

Ytee18
22-02-2011, 15:38
Is it just on my games where in finals, the team selected as the away team only have the one stand for fans. Would you be able to split it 50-50 down the middle of the far stand, to make it more realistic.

Petty I know, but I think it would enhance cup final day on FM :)

Fowler-9
22-02-2011, 20:04
I'd like to see scheduling friendly tours have more impact and effect of the reputation of the club in that particular nation etc. Many of the big clubs go on tours of America or Asia to build up their profiles with future profits in mind.

Apart from that, the option to buy the player but immediately loan him back to his club till a later date. I think this can be done by setting the date at the end of the season but don't think it'd be too difficult to implement this as it happens a lot in real life

Would also like to see this as i tend to buy young players..

im 90% sure this was in one of the previous games, but id like to be able to tell the ass man/ U18's coach who id like them to play in each position for reserves/U18's... i suppose you could take it 1 step further and include the amount of time you would like to see them on the pitch for(ideally) like you can for friendly internationals but in say increments of 15mins.. lost count how many times i've gone to play a young lad in a cup game only to see he's on 78% fitness having played the day before..

if im completley honest tho.. the thing id like to see most (although admittedly never likely to) is a version of FM that isnt still being patched in march.. no disrespect to SI intended but when you release a new version every oct/nov then have to wait 4/5 months to have the issues ironed out doesnt reallly give you much time to enjoy the game as SI intended it to be..

LFC Rule
23-02-2011, 13:01
I would like it if we could import/export the notes in the notebook.

Currently you can import/export tactics and shortlists.

tylerazevedo
23-02-2011, 19:35
First let me say that I love this game. The only problem I have with the game is that it is so time consuming to do small tasks.

Here are some things that could really improve the User Experience of the game for us "Hands Off" managers.

Automate Training
- The new feature would give us the option to select a day or event and a new training schedule to switch the player to. For example: I would be able to set all of my players on a preseason schedule that will automatically switch to their more specific schedule once they reach match fitness or by August 31st (whichever comes first).

Better Scouting Automation
- As it is right now, sending scouts out on a tour is nearly pointless. The best way to scout is to manually select a list of players and assign a scout to them. You get a ton of reports this way rather than sending them out on tour. It doesn't make sense that a scout could be overseas and only return 20 reports every month when you can send them out manually and get 5-6 every day!

- Also if I have a scout in a region, say South America, and my scouting knowledge is at "complete" for Brazil, why would my scout spend most of his time in Brazil and ignore say Argentina? The scout should look to gain all the knowledge of his region before going back to a previously scouted nation!

- Which brings me to another point: There should be a "Scout Capacity" attribute for coaches/scouts/managers/ect. This attribute will not tell you anything about the quality of reports the scout will return. It will only tell the user about how many you can expect the scout to be able to learn. So say a scout with 20 in the Scout Capacity category would be able to get exceptional knowledge about the entire world (although no one scout should be able to have complete knowledge of the world obviously).

Automate tutoring
- Let me pick a few tutors and the order they would tutor the player and through player interactions allow that player to accept/decline specific tutors/reasons. Then when one tutoring is done, the new tutor automatically takes over. Of course if the tutor leaves the club via transfer or whatever, they would not be able to be tutored (in which case the user could be notified of any tutoring affects when selling a player or when that player's contract expires).

Player Career Paths
- This would work with better training automation. Basically when a player is created a career path is given to him, be it a winger, a target man, a box 2 box midfielder, etc. Then the club should have the ability to modify the training sets (which is currently available) and pick which career path gets which training sets. You can set these training sets to include preseason, inseason, rehab, etc. So say a player gets hurt, he is automatically put on a training schedule that will coincide with his rehab.

Create Competition Squads
- Right now we can select our starting XI and subs for all competitions and retain that information. I would like to be able to tie these saved tactics/formations to specific competitions. What I mean is that when it's time for an FA cup match, my team is automatically set to the squad I picked to play the FA cup matches. When it's time for a EPL match, my squad is automatically set to the squad I designated as my starting XI for EPL matches.

Coach Contract Matching
- I'm getting sick and tired of losing coaches and scouts to other teams simply because the one email that said they were approached by another team got lost in the spam that is my inbox. We should be able to see a list of all your scouts/coaches/physios and check/uncheck whether or not you will match any contract offer they receive. Naturally some contract offers will be too high to match for some teams.

Player Contract resigning improvement
- It is absolutely way too bulky to try to figure out which players are on contract and see how good each of these players are. I know you can filter and create views and all that, but my gosh it's just way to time consuming to resign all players. Maybe you can provide a button or a right click menu that will give us the ability to resign all players and just give them their demands minus 10% or so. I dunno, maybe make it work like transfer defaults (ya know where you set the default offer value for offering players to other clubs).

Game Film
- This would be a massive undertaking. Here is my idea: After any given match, you can rewatch it. For any given player that does something in the match, you can tell him SPECIFICALLY what he should have done. It would be something like you can click and drag the mouse to show him the run he should have made, then right click at a certain spot in the run to tell him what he should have done (such as passing to person x or shooting or lobbing the ball instead of a ground pass). This would probably require a learning algorithm or a neural net or etc that would track the state of any given match. You could even watch pregame film of the other team's previous match and give specific players specific instructions about specific players (not just the standard 'show on to weak foot' type stuff). I'm talking about "Try to lob Keeper X" or "try to knock the ball pas Player Y but not past Player Z" kinda stuff. All the elements are there, but it just hasn't been put together as well as it could.

Best Role Info
- This would coincide with the Career Path/Training automation idea, but the assistant manager should be able to tell us what he thinks the best ROLE is for a player (not just their best position).

Tactic Improvements
- Have players automatically designated to play specific roles whenever they are subbed. So say my tactic dictates that a Target Man should be my center striker, but for some reason I decided to put a midget poacher in because he has a lot of potential. I don't want to have to edit my tactic just so a midget will try to play like a target man. It might actually be better to decouple the player role and tactics all together and attach the player role to the individual players and let who I pick dictate the tactic. The tactics would include player movement, such as the direction they flow on the attack and on defense, but not the type of player they should try to be! If you want to change one player to play more like a target man rather than a poacher, you should have to do that for each player individually.

themoffster
23-02-2011, 21:06
I would like to be able to practice set pieces. Just now I need to play friendlies (and hope that I get corners in that game) to see if near post is best for my team or edge of area is best etc.
How many managers are playing league games unsure of which corner routine is best for his players.

Something along the lines of 1st team vs reserves, but just corner after corner with the option to make changes in between

surf12
23-02-2011, 21:32
A realistic match engine.
A realistic transfer system.

same as i've ever wanted from any version of FM.

thebigman1985
23-02-2011, 21:43
what about being able to set individual players training by going into their profile and altering their 'training' methods individually? rather than creating loads of training sessions

Rega
23-02-2011, 21:46
One thing I'd love is a more realistic match day experience. At the moment there's no difference between playing a preseason friendly and playing the Champions League final.

It's stupid I know but I'd like to see the players warm up on the pitch before the game. I'd like to see them line up before the game and "shake hands". I'd like to see the lineup and formation of my team on the screen before kick off. I'd like to see the players celebrate at the final whistle - maybe even lift a trophy. I'd like a lap of honour around the pitch at the end of the season.

It's nothing to affect the game engine but it makes getting to a final a bit different than an ordinary game.

Porterjoh
23-02-2011, 22:15
Okay, probs a few of these been mentioned:

Be a Sporting Director/DOF (scout players, choose managers/coaches etc)
Start as a youth coach/u18s manager/reserve boss/Ass. Man
Coaching badges
Youth trials

And for the love of god, either ditch press conferences or make them actually worth bothering with.

Bliss&Ecstasy
23-02-2011, 22:22
One thing I'd love is a more realistic match day experience. At the moment there's no difference between playing a preseason friendly and playing the Champions League final.

It's stupid I know but I'd like to see the players warm up on the pitch before the game. I'd like to see them line up before the game and "shake hands". I'd like to see the lineup and formation of my team on the screen before kick off. I'd like to see the players celebrate at the final whistle - maybe even lift a trophy. I'd like a lap of honour around the pitch at the end of the season.

It's nothing to affect the game engine but it makes getting to a final a bit different than an ordinary game.

:thup: yeah! this is what i waiting for.

Keyzer Soze
23-02-2011, 23:16

Yeah, this is so true! The match day experience really needs a complete makeover! Football it's about passion, emocion... and what Rega said it's true... playing a pre-season friendly or the champions league final it's the same thing. Same introduction, same press conference (i've played CL finals and the post game press conference didn't have a simples question as how i feel about winning the final).

We play an entire season to get the chance to play some special games... CL final, the league game that gives you the title, a cup final... a those games need to be special:

1) week before the game with lost of news about the game (legends of your club talking to the press, perhaps an extra press conference or interview, news about reactions about the fans...)
2) match day experience different from the other games (the ideais that Rega gave are very good)
3) week after the game, again with more news about your win (or lost)

Because, after you win the CL final, we must have more that 12 or 14 news at the end of the game!

dindle
24-02-2011, 09:56
I would like to be able to assign individual players default set-piece instructions in their profiles, presumptively in place in the set piece set-up unless I override them there. For example, tell Nemanja Vidic to always stand on the far post, always tell Rio Ferdinand to challenge the GK etc. This way the instructions will stay the same for each player without needing to be changed when you switch players around on the pitch, or give them a "swap with player" duty.

Thanks.

nik33
24-02-2011, 10:27
Never going to happen. They'd have to approach every agent individually and ask them for permission to use their name.

Just use my Data Packs, 505 real agents with all their clients in the Agents xml.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233364-Nik33-s-FM11-Data-Packs

Marc Albrighton
24-02-2011, 12:49
The match engine is quite poor, a much better one that is actually watchable would be nice as i usually just set it to max speed and get my info about the performances from the text menus.

kserasera
24-02-2011, 12:53
"One thing I'd love is a more realistic match day experience. At the moment there's no difference between playing a preseason friendly and playing the Champions League final.

It's nothing to affect the game engine but it makes getting to a final a bit different than an ordinary game."

Spot on !! Definately needs to be worked on to avoid huge anticlimaxes in finals of cups... Would be nice to see something a little different for european/cup games too. Players coming out and standing on the pitch as they do for champs league games with cameras flashing etc.. etc..

Preveza
24-02-2011, 13:22
Disagree all you want the fact is that its already included.

What you can ask for is more tactical options but pointing out the blade of grass you want a player to stand on will never happen.

It happens in real life, and happened in CM0102 mate. And something SIMILAR should be implemented. Not saying I want my Centre backs sitting in a specifc spot, but when the opposition plays down the middle, I might want my fullbacks to tuck in, or my right winger to move into the middle of the ground to close down the centre. IMO its very realistic and happens in real life, and should happen on FM.

Cougar2010
24-02-2011, 13:52
It happens in real life, and happened in CM0102 mate. And something SIMILAR should be implemented. Not saying I want my Centre backs sitting in a specifc spot, but when the opposition plays down the middle, I might want my fullbacks to tuck in, or my right winger to move into the middle of the ground to close down the centre. IMO its very realistic and happens in real life, and should happen on FM.

It doesn't happen in real life to the extent you want it to & it was removed from CM/FM for a reason.

However there is no issue with wanting your fullbacks to tuck in when defending and those options are there now through the team options - width setting, playing style (defensive/counter/standard/control/attacking/overload). It would be helpful if we had different width options for attacking & defending and this may be something we see added in the future.

Asking your AMR to move into the centre when defending is no different than playing an AMC and asking him to drift wide when attacking which is again covered by the team options.

All in all you need to understand that that your formation is based on your defensive setup while the orders you give mainly influence your attacking shape & movement. Additional defensive tactical options would be a step forward & hopefully something we'll see in versions to come.

gullo
24-02-2011, 14:41
- A world map for scouting like new CM.
- Backgrounds pics like old CMs.
- There must be a living database update system like NBA 2K games ( i hope SI know about it ). Any database changes would be in our DB. Technical patches can be out whenever they are ready. We have not wait for weeks or months for DBs.
- New regen system. it shouldnt matter what db we select.
- New team talk system. It must be more realistic.
- It would be nice if there is stadium , trophy and club museum pics.
- u19 , u18 , u17 .. etc. teams and tournaments would be.
- National teams must have scouts to player call up.
- We could add favourite personel , player or whatever anytime. And we could change our picture whenever we want.
- We could select nationality more than two.
- We could choise our birth city and nation.
- Director of Football ( Sportive Director ) would be more effective. They must have profiles and board should appoint them.
- There must be more realistic transfer system. when i offer an international player for 0 , some teams would accept !!!
- Players could be at Press Conferances before European mathces.

Spireite82
24-02-2011, 23:34
*To be able to change font/DPI size in game so we can use high resolutions without it causing minute unreadable writing
*3D match engine for set piece training so you can actually see how your set pieces work instead of visualising
*Less press conferences and massive overhaul of private chat
*Auto trialist option, whereby your reserve manager brings in trialists for you to look at
*Removal of kits. Really no need for them and makes your game look unreal after a few seasons
*input into which regens come through instead of being automatically lumbered with a group of no-hopers who will never get in your team
*the option of arranging try-outs for young kids in other countries. A bit like what Inter did in that Sky TV programme. So for example you could arrange a try-out in Iceland and if successful one of your regens would be a icelandic good player.
*A new type of coach. The Tactical coach. Some clubs have a coach who only deals with the tactics for the next
And many more!

Jonnie
25-02-2011, 00:16
- u19 caps to show up on Player profile, just as full and u21 caps show up

- u21 caps to be mentioned in player bios.. also u19 caps.. maybe something "Player X was capped at **national** u19 level, before moving onto to get **number** u21 caps

Koki
27-02-2011, 15:57
- the possibility to tell the opponents manager that money isn't everything after they spent 50+ mil in the last transfer window and you didn't and still secured a win in the league match.

grande92
27-02-2011, 20:06
This may have been mentioned, but there are some tactical/ME elements that i feel should be better:

1. The modern centrehalf role. It should be possible to adjust a midfielder to take up this role and move between the central defenders.
2. Offensive movements: Have control over different offensive movements, train them and what not.
3. Central defenders covering wide.
4. More specific tactical instructions: Say, instead of saying Press More or Less, to say: We want to meet them when they come around the halfway line.
5. Pressing: When should their wide players be pushed in, out etc? Do we start the pressure on wings, in the middle? Does the central players look to cover space or mark "outs"?
6. Transitions: Do we go for goal when we win the ball? Do we look to keep the ball? For how long and with how many men do we press when we lose the ball? At what positions on the field do we press hard?
7. Etc, etc, etc.
Much more specific tactical instructions, instead of what we have now.

Scotty_LFC
27-02-2011, 20:32
Id like to be able to pay off loans and debts when the club has enough money in the bank, saves wasting money on interest when you could easily pay off the debt. Seems nonsensical to me.

NightShire
27-02-2011, 21:12
I'm not sure if it's already been said, as I can't be bothered to go through 67 pages of this link. But I feel the game is too strict when it comes to canceling transfers of already injured players. For example, I had agreed to sign Isco from Valencia for my Malaga team as the creative midfielder, but he got injured in one of their friendlies for 2 months. I already knew about it, but wanted to sign him anyway, rather than have to wait another 5 months until the Jan window, but my board kept canceling the transfer. It happens in real life - i.e. Andy Carroll signing for Liverpool with a calf strain.

Cheers

~RosT~
28-02-2011, 16:39
http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/256210-analyzer-(feature-i-would-like-to-see)?p=6533424#post6533424
How often do you, playing for a club, in parallel to monitor the other clubs and tournaments that would be aware of all the events? I think often. This is especially true in long-term saves, because it is difficult to be aware of who is who when there is a 2045 season. It is possible but needed too many time.

And I'd like to see in the game such a function, which would allow me to quickly get information on the screen (with Ctrl + C) about what I want (an example is the biography in player’s profile).

For example:
- I want to know about team’s performance last season. I pick the team - "Season (or a range of seasons .. till ... to…) -> Tournament / League, or a group of tournaments or do not choose anything, if I want to know about the performance of the club all at once) and get a report:

1. As the team passed the net of tournament or championship.
2. About the meetings with the principal rivals.
3. The fact that, for example, a team at the beginning of the season played very badly, but in the end found his game, with the arrival of new coach (or vice versa).
4. About the state of the team at different stages of the tournament.
5. About transfers; is they helped the team or not.
6. About injuries of leading players, after which the team had very poor game.
7. About ups and downs, the sensational results, wins, after which the team believed in themselves and starts a winning streak, defeats, as a consequence of the decline in the game, the team has achieved what it is expected early in the season or the season was a nightmare.
8. etc.

- I want to get information about the tournament as a whole (not of individual teams). I choose (FM-2014, for example) and get all the information about the tournament:

1. State teams before the tournament \ finale (a review team member, that is expected of them and so on) who's favorite and who is the first time involved; group of death.
2. About the success of some teams and poor play of others.
3. About a good result for the team that was considered weak.
4. About the dramatic interchanges playoff games.
5. The fact that favorites had to meet at an early stage of the tournament.
6. Best matches (maybe with possibility to view them).
7. The fact that a coach has done the impossible.
8. The fact that after the tournament the richest club A had interested in player B. Player C has disappointed shown the game.
9. Information about the best scorer.

World Cup is just an example. This may be the Champions League, Asian Cup, league, the FA Cup.

- I want know about performance of clubs of country A in the tournament B in the XXXX or XXXX-YYYY seasons (example, performance of spain clubs in europe).

It seems that's all I would like to see. Then I will be happy.

Drchaos69
01-03-2011, 00:35
Lately i was thinking about some changes that would make Football manager more realistic and challenging.

This is my list:

1º)Players and staff should have their attributes and personalities hidden. We should listen carfully to what staff and players have to say, and observe the matches, take notes and others, like realy managers do to obtain information.

2º)In lower leagues i can make money real fast just by arrange lot's of friendlys against the same foreigner club. That's not realistic. For example, if i play one friendly match with my sub-19 team against a foreigner club that pay me 20K for the traveling, i can make lot's of money if i keep playing against him. In reality this never happen, after some friendlys they don't have more money, but in FM they have infinite money to give us with that method.

3º)Training section should be improved. If we could see players training it would help us find more about the players (assuming hidden attributes).
We should have the option to plan weekly training, choose specific exercises, and get help of our staff if we feel to overwhelmed.
Testing some tactics during training would be intresting too.

tiago_wakabayashi
01-03-2011, 04:42
for stats:

in the player hisory, where shows the teams show the player has played, and too in player profile, should show the stats of each championship/cup (amateur/friendly or professional) that he participated

for example:

you click in "profile player" of Neymar, where is shown the goals, assists, MPV's and so on of the paulista championship, copa do brasil, brazilian serie a and libertadores. And in "player history", you would click in each season where would be shown the team which he has played and the championships/cups, with their stats.

I think it would bring more realistics numbers for the stats of the players.

----------------------------------------------------------

Should have a 3d trainning to you observe what player are really good to play a match or to realize a situation of game (for example free kicks, CK's, penalties), with the players having their energies being spent.

A better way of trainning the players, with a trainning schedule.
Example: On Monday I train the GK's, kicking penalties in the morning and shots on goal in the afternoon, with both in medium intensity. For other players, set piece training in the morning and afternoon, with high intensity. Tuesday, rest for all. Wednesday is match. Thu.. is a recovery trainning; Friday, defensive FK training, in low intensity in the morning, after the strikers would do a one-two shot training in medium intensity while the MFs trains short and long passes and the DF's, tackles. In the afternoon, some video about the next team, knowing the way of playing.

OK OK this was a silly/bady example, but for me, specific trainning would be more effective.

Blanchflower1
01-03-2011, 07:48
Future editions of Football manager should be a 64-bit program. The sooner we move into 64-bit, the better. Nowadays, the majority of users use 64 bit OS...........:)

MJGB
01-03-2011, 09:28
I'm not sure if it's already been said, as I can't be bothered to go through 67 pages of this link. But I feel the game is too strict when it comes to canceling transfers of already injured players. For example, I had agreed to sign Isco from Valencia for my Malaga team as the creative midfielder, but he got injured in one of their friendlies for 2 months. I already knew about it, but wanted to sign him anyway, rather than have to wait another 5 months until the Jan window, but my board kept canceling the transfer. It happens in real life - i.e. Andy Carroll signing for Liverpool with a calf strain.

Cheers

I agree! In real life, unless the player had an extreme injury, you'd still go ahead with the transfer if it was a slight knock. I've had players out for 1 week and the deal has been canceled.

crogi
01-03-2011, 11:24
What I'm looking for
Clickable training names for more info
Knowing what every training section exactly trains.
Dialog to inform if staff lack certain stats like determination or judging player ability to succeed in their jobs.
Better knowledge of the attributes and more backroom advice as a result.
In the training window would an option for a click for more info be possible.
I.e click aerobic and see that it trains Pace, acceleration and so on.
The info could offer other details that a coaches star rating won't like you lack sufficient discipline for strength training and tactical knowledge for defensive training.
I think this idea could be expanded into all areas like a low determination scouting team and lack of motivation and man management on staff.

Turbodave222
01-03-2011, 15:51
I need only Turkish Language.

I don't understand the completely if I play it as English.

Dude, i learned a lot of english by playing this game when it was still cm, and it was only one league (cmita and cmbel etc...).

You can learn now while you play, enjoy it!!

tiago_wakabayashi
02-03-2011, 05:11
Dude, i learned a lot of english by playing this game when it was still cm, and it was only one league (cmita and cmbel etc...).

You can learn now while you play, enjoy it!!

Really, who plays games learns english, even being the basic.

Da_Funk
02-03-2011, 12:07
Newgens suggestions: I can't understand why after 1/2 years should appear 19/20 yrs old wonderful players, with skills out of mind better than Messi and C.Ronaldo. It's wrong this way, they should appear <=18yrs and not fully developed.
This way talents in real life (and relative research work....) < 23yrs don't have sense. Why should I hunt Funes Mori or his generations players?

tiago_wakabayashi
03-03-2011, 03:21
The main: a motive to use that money of our contract. It's nonsense I have a 100,000 p/w-contract and I don't spend it with ridiculous things (kinda clothes, cars, houses...) or something in-game (buying players, like a businessman, create a team...)

Thomas 1993
03-03-2011, 08:36
I would like to see a print screen of teams celebrating on the news page after having won a major tournament next to the report of the game. Obviously the graphics would need to improve abit so that you actually see the players celebrating, but in future years when the graphics are better this would be good.

Bliss&Ecstasy
03-03-2011, 12:48
- J-League license (and more leagues from Africa)
- Job Interviews
- Manager head to head (past meeting)
- Match day experience (trophy celebrations)
- Museum (trophies,awards)
- Improved press conference.
- Improved transfers. (bidding wars)
- Training/Testing out tactics in 3D.

Jeremiah2546
05-03-2011, 09:36
It annoys me when you have a quality yougster, who is not apart of you first team plan, and you try to loan him out..........u get a loan offer from a club with a top trianing facilites and he will be a valuabile member of the first team; but the p**ck wont leave. We should be able to talk directly to yougster considering loan offers and be able to suggest clubs to them and reasons why they should go to that club

nibu
06-03-2011, 20:32
I would love to have a Ubuntu/Linux Version of the game! Are there any plans to support Linux in the near future?

JamboLad
07-03-2011, 23:48
FM12 wish or a patch for FM11

It must be possible to make it that there is longer processing periods for Online games with a lot of others. In the OTF FMO during pre season we continue at a period of 15 minutes per continue and this is with "longer processing periods" ticked. This cant be that hard to add in to the game.

Whats the chances?!?

MarcWeir
08-03-2011, 00:01
for those who enjoy staring unemployed i think you will know what i am talking about
when you take over a team from unemployed every player in the team then is given an asking price, which are ridicoulously high or low
so instead of having to change all of the players asking price, i would like an option when you take over a new club were it asks : asking price-- none or same as value or random

Thomas 1993
09-03-2011, 08:03
I would like to see. 1. something like touchline instructions on subs. On this you would be able to tell players to warm up to hint that you might be bringing him on soon and perhaps this could effect the player on the pitches performance in that position. 2. I also think that in modern times you should have to discipline palyers like the " Andy Carroll's" of football on poor behaviour off the field. For example, in a nightclub until late etc. Also add players that just fail drugs tests because these are becoming a regular occurences in real life football.

anImaru
09-03-2011, 17:43
I'd really like to be able to set up a match between any two teams from the database and choose the stadium and match format like fifa. Not in a save game but as an option from the start screen.

CaMeL_UK
09-03-2011, 18:24
I'd like more board integration.

Arsene wenger's transfer policy mingled in with the arsenal board ethos for emerates. Giving them a great stadium and sound financial footings.

Saying to them instead of spending this much money on players I'd like for you to invest in an advertising campaign to bring more fans in, web design, team videos etc etc. Publicity. Maybe even options about extending overseas projects to boost our ability to both scout but also receive foreign investment.

I think possibly this may blur the line between what is fundamentally at its heart a football manager game, and not a football director game and some of the above decisions are made at exec level not manager level, but none the less I think its an interesting part of the game that is ignored quite often.

I remember a game on the pc in the 90s where you could design the stands in your stadium, the quality of the pitch, the shape of the ground, the shops around it, the car parks etc. You could even talk to sponsors for shirt deals and billboards. I think it was called ultimate football manager, was a great game.

jamsmasher
10-03-2011, 00:09
Common in Italy is the option to co-own a player for a set fee during the loan of said player. This is similar to the option currently available to buy a player outright during a loan for a set free. It'd be a welcome extra.

lds
10-03-2011, 04:30
For me these are two of the most important things future versions of the game should be looking for:

Newgens suggestions: I can't understand why after 1/2 years should appear 19/20 yrs old wonderful players, with skills out of mind better than Messi and C.Ronaldo. It's wrong this way, they should appear <=18yrs and not fully developed.
This way talents in real life (and relative research work....) < 23yrs don't have sense. Why should I hunt Funes Mori or his generations players?

This is completely true. I'm not saying (like many people i've read) that newgens shouldn't exist or that there never should exist newgens better than Messi... Newgens are a very important part of the game and are pretty much needed to keep the DB balanced. (and I really don't agree with those who say that you shouldn't get crappy players from your youth system... it is the reality... for every good player that is "born" a lot of average are coming up....).
What I'm saying is that if players are coming up already very well developed and with 18 or 19, it will ruin the whole purpose of follow closely that other one who is clearly no good for your team right now, but should be in four or five years. I've read elsewhere that a newgen from aleague that is not active will appear with 18 or 19, while newgens from active leagues will appear with 14 and 15. So, why should you take care of your promising youngster that MAY be a good player in five years, if you know that every year there are plenty of ready-to-play coming up?

1º)Players and staff should have their attributes and personalities hidden. We should listen carfully to what staff and players have to say, and observe the matches, take notes and others, like realy managers do to obtain information.

This is kind of my "dream" for future versions. I know that the attributes of the players are somewhat the real core of the history of CM/FM. We all are playing the game based on the attributes. But there should be an option (like the option of having the attributes masked or not) that would mask the attributes permanently.
Let me list the presumable objections and my response to them:
1) how could we know who to choose in our own team?
2) How could you know who to buy?
Answers:
by your knowledge of real life
by your assistants reports and advices
(most important of all) by watch them play

This should get you a much more realistic experience. You would be forced to watch several games from a player in order to know him well. In real lfe teams tend to buy players from its own league. Why? because they know them better (and because they tend to adapt better than someone that caomes from abroad). In FM it is pretty much the same thing to buy abroad or domestic. Once you get the players attribute, the risk is very much the same. With all attributes masked, there will be a bigger risk when buying abroad.
It is very unrealistic to know exactly how good a player is in such and such aspect of the game. This is even unreal for players of your own team. To mask up permanently the attributes should create a new way of playing. You woudn't be so much focused on buying and selling (as we tend to be right now), but on the coaching side of the game.
Plus, it would level things up between human and AI teams. As things are, AI teams often buy players with crappy attributes; they tend to be focused on reputation, I think; human players, on the other hand, have full access of players attributes, and can make their decisions based upon it. In a "blinded mode", it would be hard to get that 11 world star team in 5/6 seasons...
And remember.... this would be optional, so all of you who wouldn't like it could easily untick that option (as, right now, you can untick attributes masking).

jamsmasher
10-03-2011, 12:54
I'd be fine with that if it was just an option. Fully-viewable stats should very much remain the default option though.

---

On the squad screen, the custom view option is a welcome extra. I'd prefer that every detail available when clicking on a player be available from the squad or player search screen. Currently omitted are things like date of birth and minimum fee release clauses. Both are just examples, but I've needed them in a more handy grouped view on a couple of occasions.

keybobs
10-03-2011, 13:20
There are 67 pages on this thread, so I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before.

Perhaps having the manager appear in the matches next to the subs in the dugout would be a nice addition. Just in the way we pick our name and get to upload our picture perhaps there could be an option on the dress code you can adopt on match day i.e. shirt and tie or sports wear etc.

Again, sorry if this has already been mentioned.

Roberto Blanco
10-03-2011, 14:30
An Option to choose a personality for your manager like loyal, ambitious, professional etc. This could infiuence your interaction with your environment (for example players with similar personalities liking you) and result in dialog options that fit to your personality.

upthetoon
10-03-2011, 15:06
How about fluctuating PA for young players, depending on how well you train him, his tutor and your clubs training facilities?

jamsmasher
10-03-2011, 15:44
Common in Italy is the option to co-own a player for a set fee during the loan of said player. This is similar to the option currently available to buy a player outright during a loan for a set free. It'd be a welcome extra.

I'll just add here that Parma (in real life) have options to turn the loans of Antonio Candreva and Sebastian Giovinco into active co-ownership deals, so it's very much an active part of the (bizarre!) Italian transfer system.

Players who are co-owned can also be loaned out. This isn't possible in-game either and it would be a good addition.

Lazaru5
10-03-2011, 16:04
a nice simple addition would be to include the players ave rating in the team-talk feedback screen so we can see why we were "angry" or they had to "prove a point!" etc

Colorado
11-03-2011, 08:44
Two simple features which I have long felt should be included in the game:

The ability to uncover player stats by using the view option to watch him play - particularly useful for lower leagues.

Created managers should be able to include place of birth into their details - this could lead to managers 'returning to manage home town clubs etc'.

telV7
11-03-2011, 09:02
If it has been mentioned apologies.

It would be nice to have a tactics notebook, wherein, you could for each match, note(save) OI instructions, Ass Man Feedback, shouts used and other tactical changes made.

I would find it handy so I could more thoroughly review where things haven't gone quite right, or when playing the same team again be able to go over match notes from the previous encounter.

ta

nyandoro
11-03-2011, 09:14
As someone mentioned before, I would like better animations both at the start of the match and at the end. Everytime I watch the final whistle it looks like I'm watching Turkey-Switzerland playoff. They just run to the tunnel like sissies.

whilewolf2
11-03-2011, 18:38
A match engine that’s able to handle all the commonly used formations with out favouring one over the others I.E not having one formation or tactic that is clearly superior to all others.

A graphical representation of football matches that doesn’t look odd and brake the illusion because its players do bizarre things that no real play would dream of doing. E.G defenders slowing down when they should racing to take possession of a lose ball.

A.I Managers that shows forethought in transfer dealings building a balanced squad with cover in all positions they intend to utilise. Brining young players through rather then playing their stars players well into their thirties and well past their best. Not spending vast large sums on established players only to leave them mouldering in the reserves until their contracts run out and they can leave on a free.

Newgens who’s spread of attributes make sense so that I can believe that players like that may exist in the future. As well as a full range of types of player so twenty game years from now I can still find big strong target men and little nippy strikers.

Not to have to answer a string of repetitious, ambiguously phrased questions with the possibility of punishment for selecting the wrong answer.

A Scouting system that asks the player to make strategic decisions on the use of resources rather then rewarding those who can devote the most time to sending scouts out and reading their reports.

A training module that is strategically complex and can't be optimised early in a game and then left alone for many in game years.

Lazaru5
11-03-2011, 18:50
You know how you get some players who struggle to 'fit-in', either because of the language barrier or age, personality, etc?

Why can't we assign them a 'buddy'? Someone who is either the same nationality or can speak their language, whatever...? I'm sure football clubs IRL don't buy a new player and leave him to his own devices, there has to be some sort of 'befriending' in place, no?

lds
12-03-2011, 02:29
A graphical representation of football matches that doesn’t look odd and brake the illusion because its players do bizarre things that no real play would dream of doing. E.G defenders slowing down when they should racing to take possession of a lose ball.

A.I Managers that shows forethought in transfer dealings building a balanced squad with cover in all positions they intend to utilise. Brining young players through rather then playing their stars players well into their thirties and well past their best. Not spending vast large sums on established players only to leave them mouldering in the reserves until their contracts run out and they can leave on a free.

Newgens who’s spread of attributes make sense so that I can believe that players like that may exist in the future. As well as a full range of types of player so twenty game years from now I can still find big strong target men and little nippy strikers.

These three suggestions are a must do!

Rollo_NL
13-03-2011, 21:34
I would like to see the posibility to let throw ins and corners taken by specific 'positions'. For example, I would like my full-backs to take the throw ins, no matter who is on that position.

ivangudjon
13-03-2011, 21:44
Okay, I've played FM/CM for many, many years. I started playing Championship Manager 00/01 when I was 9 years old and have bought every single CM and FM game since. After the CM/FM split-up I've kept buying both versions but I'm more attracted by FM. You can say that these games are a big part of my life and I've been reading the community sections for each game for 5-6 years now without commenting.

Now I feel like it's finally time for my "defloration" ... Can you, PLEASE, add tabs to the game? Tabs, you know, like on your internet browser, so one can look simultaneously at many players or teams? I don't think it would be a problem at all, the tabs just close when you press continue or when something significant happens .. the "makers" of the game should be able to deal with that, but please add tabs to the game, it would seriously rock.

gomez93
13-03-2011, 23:52
I would have a compare of two tactics.. If my first tactic (lets us name it tactic A) have played 10 games and have 3 win, 2 draws and 5 loss and I change for a tactic B then it should be seeing what tactic is the best like this:

Tactic A: 3W-2D-5L -5
Tactic B: 4W-2D-4L +5

I hope you understand me

Aim_Less
14-03-2011, 00:39
Editor sugestions :

-CA calculator (wen creating a player and add attributes the editor should calculate is CA on the fly instead we need to make a new save and see what happens )
-See how well the player will develop ( research editor has this our doesn't )
-Editor Interface is so dam archaic
-Wen creating competitions if conflict is found the editor could tell were it his ( example creating dates for competition stages tell which one is conflicting )
-Future Loans
-Its still very limited wen creating competitions example : Extend League Playoff Customization ,creating international competitions is still very limited )
-Add future board elections
-Create a helping system similar to the FM one
-ability to see wich records have 'failed' rather than just saying 'x number of changes failed' having to search manually for the failed change is an abomination

Canadian Red
14-03-2011, 03:05
My real issue is making the board/fans a lot more appreciative of your successes. Just because I said I would win the league, doesn't make it any less effing awesome when I do as Liverpool manager. Likewise when I sell a guy I rarely play, it's not a big deal and everyone should just relax - I got this!

I'd also like it to be easier to sell players (even if it has to be for a lower price), but I haven't got that far into 11.3 to find out if they fixed that or not.

ommerson
14-03-2011, 09:18
The possibility to load your FM11 savegame into FM12 would be very welcome!

chris.q.cfc
14-03-2011, 13:51
It would be good to become a youth coach and work your way up the ladder, producing quality youth team players. It would also be funny to be given a knighthood for achievements in football and other various honours, e.g. leading celtic to the champions league final or even scotland to a world cup lol. Another good idea could be becoming special advisors for young up and coming managers. Would be good to provide some advice on players to buy, who to play, etc. i'm not too sure if it is already on the game, but asking players to come out of retirement would be a good tool if struggling for players due to injuries or suspensions. Another idea could be being employed in different jobs in football, such as a coach or scout for a club, or even during matches as a pundit, providing your opinion on games, e.g being invited to a world cup or premier league and champions league games.

Lazaru5
14-03-2011, 13:59
I like the knighthood idea :thup: maybe Miles can get a licence whilst he's at the Palace?

Macha
14-03-2011, 14:20
Just a small idea. If i sign a player on free transfer, or sign a south american when he is 16, I would like the idea that I can sugggest (send him a tutor?) to learn the language of the country of club he is joining. Just like in real life :)

ozaniel
14-03-2011, 17:20
I think there should be more focus on tactics and man management. This is a "football management" game and the focus should be on "football management".

AidanofLFC
14-03-2011, 17:44
Better and more realistic me, tactics and transfers and i will be happy !!!!!!

o JaY
14-03-2011, 18:19
Being able to choose a group of players to take set-pieces rather than just 1, and if he's off the field then someone else takes all corners. I'd like to say instead of 'player x, then if he's not on the field player y and if he's not the field player z', either player x, y and z to take said set piece.

And a little pop-up message when your team has a penalty so you choose who to take. Sometimes your main taker may be having a bad day or you may not want your player on 2 goals to automatically take it.

Chris Eddie
23-03-2011, 11:05
I have one great idea in my opinion and I think you will also love it if you really love football. I was thinking about some way to make quick starts or even normal database starts with the option to CHOOSE the year to start. Let's just have it like this: I'm buying Football manager 2012 but maybe I want again to feel the taste of managing in the 2004/2005 season... or why not 2002/2003 when Chelsea was not that strong ???

I know, if you like to turn back time you could play FM 2005 or CM 4 for the seasons I mentioned, but they don't have the facilities that you are bringing us with the new developed games :) I hope my idea will bring something good for this game and more fans !

Thanks !

PS: I hope I posted the reply in the right place.

gullo
23-03-2011, 11:10
I wonder SI staff reading this thread and adding something game from here ?

si4uk
23-03-2011, 12:16
1) More in depth 1 to 1 with players. I often have the "player has problems motiviating themselves for you" comment but there existing conversations have no real option to reslove it.

2) The option to design both attacking and defending set plays.

3) Better player mentoring from senior players. If a youth player spent a year being mentored by a senior player then it should more detailed or at least tell me what they learned.

4) Mid-week team talks or meeting. Let players offer suggestions on their own advancement and tactics.

5) More effective half-time talks. Often I have clicked to see what effect they have only to see the usual "No real effect" beside player names.

6) Already stated but better transfers for human teams. If another manager wants a star player from my team they should be willing to offer lots of wonga.

7 More variation is half-time talks and they should also depend on the AM's motivation stats. A more experience AM with high motivation should have more dialogue options.

That's all I can think of atm :D

mike123456
23-03-2011, 12:41
Add assistant managers and coaches to the U21/U19 teams, so they seperate from the senior squad..

Add relegation and promotion in Youth Leagues.. - At least in the country where they are built like that... i.e Denmark

"Under the radar" don't have to be viewable tables but rankings on where youre U14-15-16 teams rank in the country

Add reputation to players in the search bar.. Not only managers/coaches

Make the reputation less important for clubs when assigning new managers, i see all the time that big time players gets huge manager jobs when no experience in maneging at all..

Profiles for owners, directors - what style are they.. Strict.. Laid back.. maybe even wealth?

Day 2 Day or weekly training breakdowns by your assistant manager..

Ter
23-03-2011, 13:32
I wonder SI staff reading this thread and adding something game from here ?

We have eyes everywhere ;)

Arutha
23-03-2011, 14:05
1. The enquiry feature MUST be changed. Because as good as 99% of the times the clubs reject your enquiry. Whats the point of having that feature in the game if its that useless/unusable. Let the clubs quote their price and then bargaining would be fun ! Rejecting enquiries for Indispensable or First team players makes sense. But others ? Most clubs would quote some sort of a price.

2. I firmly believe that the game depends a LOT on the news items. And in my opinion the current state of news items is poor at best. We need to have some larger news items. And a lot more variety as well. Also, when some player is playing extraordinarily good, perhaps there could be an article on him and his form, etc ? Same for a manager ? And more of the opinion-centric news items would be great. For eg, when you comment on some player, the opinion of other players/fan/any party involved therein could be told ? Apart from this, if SI find some way to keep the news items from getting stale, like they do in a season or 2, i would say the game would be near perfect. Because IMO, the news items screen is easily the most important screen in the game, most important as well as one on which we all spend the most time on. And theres not much atmosphere being built around the important games. And also there should be some articles on tactics being employed by the teams. For eg, if your team is not doing well, maybe some famous columnist on some famous website, has something to say on your tactics employed in your recent matches ? And they need not necessarily be correct yes, since all they are doing is voice their opinion. Things like these would make FM much much more interesting.

3. Players asking permission for PPMs they think would improve their game. But not getting upset if they are denied.

4. More team talk options. Its a field that desperately needs improving.

5. Manager-team meeting once in a while. Not as often as backroom advice meeting. More like once in 3-6 months. So as to discuss where the season is heading, etc.

6. Board inviting the manager to discuss some issue. I mean is it just the job of the manager to approach the board every single time ? And even the Board can decide on linking with another club, feeder or parent. In such case you as manager could be invited to have your say on the matter. Its not always the manager who would feel the need for a feeder/parent club.

7. I do not know if its there in the game, but shouldnt there be an increase in the amount of winnings in the league/cup competitions from time to time ? Ive played 7 seasons, but still the amount awarded to the winner of the EPL, ECC, etc are all the same, while my wages would surely increase with time. The only thing balancing it is the increase in sponsor money, but wouldnt it be realistic to slightly increase the amount of winnings after say 5-6 years or so ?

8. Better AI team building and more consistency for AI teams. I mean i do not see ManU not being able to qualify for Europe after 3 seasons....just ridiculous !

9. More interaction with managers. Not just when you are about to play them but even in the general scheme of things.

gullo
23-03-2011, 16:20

:) so waiting your addings.

Lazaru5
23-03-2011, 22:16

That'll be the Scottish water, you should have put more Whisky in it ;)

A module to let you take control of what the board normally does.

The game obviously already knows how much each upgrade costs (and in most cases tells you), so there's no real technical reason why an option for this can't be put into the game.

You have a screen with projected profit/loss for the year. Maybe add a few sliders to give you options to see how you'd fare if you did less than expected, or did worse than expected. An option for your transfer/wage budget.

It'd give you an output of how much you'd make/lose over the year based on those estimates and your actual current expenditures.

You set your own expectations.

You set all the board-set options like staff amounts, scouting range, facilities like training/academy, youth, stadium, and it'd tell you what the projected costs are, and you set how you want to pay for them.

Stick to singing Dave... I don't want any of this... not a single thing!

Lazaru5
24-03-2011, 10:11
Don't use it then? Don't tick the option.

thankfully I don't think the option will ever be there for me to not tick as it has nil to do with "football manager"

JMarcelo
24-03-2011, 20:29
honestly, i have no idea of the suggestions that have been made, but i think besides the kits officialized, crowd cheering songs should be part of the game. it makes a different atmosphere

Arutha
24-03-2011, 20:32
Would be too much data dont you think ?

Keyzer Soze
24-03-2011, 23:21
I really like to see the training and Coaches completly revamp.

for example, if we want to have a min 4start in every training category we must have a coach dedicated to that category... so for us to have 4 star min in every category we must have 9 coaches.
This is very unreal! i dont know any manager on the world that have 9 coaches to his service.

I think that this needs to be changed. One single coache should have the ability to give 5 star in at least two categories.

Bardzie
25-03-2011, 05:05
allow me to face my mate's team in a different save on a 1 off like a friendly

Great82
25-03-2011, 06:57
I don't know if someone said it before but maybe having the feminin teams.

x42bn6
26-03-2011, 00:14
Would be too much data dont you think ?

We're approaching 3 TB hard disk drives and you're worrying about the amount of data?!

Rubentus_Juventus
26-03-2011, 02:19
Voice commentry, prefferably Martin Tylers voice!

kieronbrown73
26-03-2011, 10:35
1) More realistic Player Interaction - example. Would a real life manager/coach allow a player to turn around and effectivly tell him to get lost when suggesting learning new skills.

2) Regens - Create more realistic real life events, such as failed drug tests, car crashes, boozy nights out etc (I understand we can't apply to real life players in the game for fear of litigation)

3) Improved youth structure i.e U18's, U 16's etc. More focus on their acievements, such as Youth Cups, International Tounaments etc

4) Transfer system and player values - I would like to see player values linked more closely with duration of contract. Also when a rich club comes in for your key players they expect to pay upto double if not triple his current value.

5) Improved Press Talk engine, must be more fluid, and relevant to current situation. so you don't silly statements such as you must be delighted to draw a team two dvisions below you in the cup when the team you have drawn has just carried out a massive giant killing in the previous round.

Koki
26-03-2011, 11:38
SCOUTING HAS TO BE MORE REALISTIC/DIFFICULT

In reality most clubs scout players for a long period of time before signing them. And even so we see a lot of players failing at their new club. In FM scouting is far too easy. You scout a players once or twice at max, know all of their attributes and can be fairly safe that the player is about as good as you think. As this idea would increase the difficulty and the time needed, maybe it should be an optional feature. So here we go:

1. At the beginning you would only know the most attributes of highly-reputed players and outstanding attributes (e.g. Pace = 19) of players in your league.
2. Other attributes of players in your league would be like "tackling = 13-16, marking = 12-17"
3. With scouting you can make these attributes more accurate but it takes time. Right now you can scout any player and within a few days you know his exact attributes. Here a scout would have to attend a match in which the player plays, to make 5-10 attributes (depends on scout quality) more accurate.
4. If a player has a good run of form, scouts tend to overrate him and vice versa.
5. AI clubs should also follow this scouting procedure instead of buying some high-PA gems who haven't played a single game.

zsefv
26-03-2011, 18:00
allow managers to use their wages on somethings, like buy a house or something. otherwise why do we managers ask for good wages? I can "work" for free and help my club save wage budget

ATW
26-03-2011, 18:51
Wow this topic has grown. Just a few that I couldn't find on this page (they may be there - but I'm a little excited as I'm leaving for London in an hour).

Medicals

I think when you sign someone the physio should do a "scout" report for you just before you confirm the signing. It will tell you the likelyhood of any occuring/reoccuring injury the player may have. WE have all heard of the "signed baring a medical" and such. Why don't we have these yet? Aye the board will cancel a transfer if something is seriously wrong but I would like to know what and where is the problem. Then we can decide if it is worth the punt or not.

Squad Meet Ups

Again. Just look at Scotland's week long meet up in La Manga (including Scott Brown's golfing outfit :thup: ) Of course it can only happen during the international weeks, and at times will take place instead of a friendly. Although not always (like Scotland).

Fans Better understanding

Drawing 2-2 with Rangers/Celtic, even if you were 2-0 up or on a 12 game unbeaten run is not a disaster. IN fact if you're one of the non-city provisional clubs drawing/losing to anyone is not a disaster unless it is your arch rival.

New Job Press Conference

Questions about previous job, like how you felt about leaving/having you learned from mistakes if left by sacking etc.

ATW
26-03-2011, 18:53
allow managers to use their wages on somethings, like buy a house or something. otherwise why do we managers ask for good wages? I can "work" for free and help my club save wage budget

It to calculate compensation if you leave a club

Aim_Less
26-03-2011, 19:35
Editor susgestions part 2

-allow us to change unique ID's
-Wen merging XML files please tell us if there is any conflicting data on it and were it is so we can change it
-creating league fases at will ( currently system too limited )
-editing of game standard leagues (useful to correct mistakes )

Robert the Spud
26-03-2011, 20:07

Agreed!

STADIUMS!!!!!!

Bernabeu
San Siro
Camp Nou

etc

or an open platform for the users to add their own

It would be cool if someone could build the individual stadiums for the ME, give it more life.

Agree 100% with both these points. Definitely!

number11
26-03-2011, 20:37
PPMS for curves ball with inside of the foot, curves ball with outside of the foot, shoots knuckleballs, tries dipping shots

nicholl2102
26-03-2011, 20:46
One thing which annoys me is I like to load up the Northern Irish league while I manage in England and after about a season, every Northern Irish team is full of English men and there are no players from NI at all so I would like if the game could somehow reflect real life in that very few Englishmen come to play for Northern Irish sides. Also, when players retire, their reputation should stay high rather than becoming almost local as for example, in my current game, Boudewijn Zenden is manager of a team in Northern Ireland's third division...a bit ridiculous like.

mufcPRO
26-03-2011, 22:39
being able to place a bet on your team at the start of the season using your career earnings, only when the promtion odds though not every match.

Barkermush
27-03-2011, 02:00
After the final patch with the data update to be able to start off from the the 2nd of February with the League standings as they were on the 2nd of February in real life.

Then you can carry on after the January window like real life, instead of starting off the season with Torres at Chelsea from the begining etc.

Lazaru5
27-03-2011, 02:04
After the final patch with the data update to be able to start off from the the 2nd of February with the League standings as they were on the 2nd of February in real life.

Then you can carry on after the January window like real life, instead of starting off the season with Torres at Chelsea from the begining etc.

I like this idea! :D

Great82
27-03-2011, 06:58
As i'm the admin of a big network on FM11 with 13 players at the moment ( http://mokoena.geekea.fr ), I think a big improvement would be to have a dedicated server system.
A bit like what they do for games like counter strike or Call of duty where you can go on a website to rent a server.

So the network game would be always online.
Obviously the options and the system of the actual network system have to be changed.
For example, you can manage your team anytime you have time to connect to the server, even if the other players aren't connected, you press "continue" but the game doesn't continue until a certain % of player came to the server to "continue" their turn. Or after a limit date set by the admin like one or two days.
And the possibility to force automatic hollidays between matches when we're not in a transfert period.

Sorry for my english as it's not my mothertongue.

mmitch19
27-03-2011, 19:19
Posted this in another thread about being able to buy a club and got a good response, so I thought I'd see what others thought here.

I would like to see some variety in managerial roles instead e.g.

Some clubs have directors of football, so if you are a manager there you have less (or no) say in what players are bought and you are effectively only a coach.
Some managers basically run the club top to bottom, so here you would hold bigger sway in the boardroom compared to now - e.g. more likely to be able to restructure youth, dictate feeder club policy, improve facilities etc.

Hiring could then be tailored to the specific skills you've developed - e.g. if you're a good coach, but a poor buyer of players, you're more likely to be offered a job at a club that needs that skill set, you could gain reputation for working well with DoF's or not and that could have an influence. Managerial contract negotiation could also include demanding a greater/different span of control and so on.

Bardzie
28-03-2011, 03:51
give us mental attributes like what coaches have (which are gained on how we do through our careers)

maybe even coaching attributes dependent on the effectiveness of our training schedules

/

been thinking this since like fm09 dunno why i never wrote in here

ommerson
28-03-2011, 12:06
I plea for a better worked out "manager/transfer" situation. I'll try to explain what I mean:

- Job interview for managers.
In this interview the board can tell you what they expect from you and you can tell the board what you plan to do for the club (playing style, finances, buying players or free agents, goals, those sort of things). I'd suspect clubs invite more than one manager to such an interview (or it must be a really high profile candidate they're sure they'll give the job) so it seems logical that human managers are invited to such interviews more often than they get approached now. If the other candidates like to play hoofball and the board prefer your flowing attacking mentality, your chances are good to get the job. If you indicate you want to spend much money on players, but the board would like to see more youths breaking into the first team, your chances decrease. And if you say you intend to get the club promoted in two years, but it turns out you spend two years halfway up the table, or you say you get a big name to the club, but you dont, there will be consequences.. So if you suck up to the boards wishes, just to get the job, you will be judged by your 'concessions' if you dont live up to them. You may be able to talk sence into them but only to a certain degree. One board might be more flexible than another in that respect.

-More interest of similar or lower rep clubs in human managers.
If I manage a team I make sure the finances are sorted out. A similar or lower rep club in financial trouble should be interested in me and my financial skills. So why dont I ever get approached by one?
And low rep clubs with big ambitions might try and lure a big rep manager to lead them there. Like when Notts County contracted Sven Goran Eriksson. The way it is now it seems SI is thinking for me, thinking I wouldnt want a lower rep job, while in reality I'd love to get approached (for a job-interview off course) by such a club.

-Less panic with your board when you apply or show interest in another job
I think most of the first cuddles between a manager and their future clubs are not measured out in the media as they do in FM but are kept secret. As a consequence boards will freak out far less in real life, and will not immediately give you the boot if you glance elsewhere, as they simply wouldnt know you're up to something. I'd also expect a board to fear their manager will leave instead of getting angry and sacking him for lack of loyalty (as club loyalty hardly exists in modern football). Why don't boards try to keep you at a club when you glance elswhere. Give you a wage increase if you stay or something like that.. Why don't they ask you to explain the situation and your reasons for wanting to leave. I think they would understand: "I've been at this club for so long, I'd like to see what it's like elswhere" or "I can make double the money there and that club is much more ambitious".

-More managers being sacked because of dissapointing achievements
It seems you can stay at a club forever if you want to. Only when you start to apply for other jobs you run the risk of being sacked. I don't think that's realistic. If I'm at Villa and we have finished in the bottom half for two years or didnt qualify for europe for 4 years running, I'd expect they'll start looking for a different manager. In fact, what manager stays at a club more than 5 or 6 seasons, apart from Fergie and Wenger I guess there are not so many who do. So even with some successes at the club the durability limit of a manager might just exeed (time for a fresh fresh face). That would be realistic IMO.

- I'd also like a club that knows their manager will leave end of contract to approach managers before that season is over, to ask them to join them when the old manager leaves. And the other way around also. If they are bored with me as a manager they should tell me in, for example januari, that they arent going to extend my contact and I am free to look elsewhere. I see tons of news items go by indicating that "manager X might leave and manager Y may be the ideal candidate" but I dont ever see any action of the sort at that time.

All these suggestions interact in some way with the job-interview-suggestion. I think it's essential that SI develop this very underdeveloped part of the game.

Bezza91
31-03-2011, 15:11
The main thing i would like to see developed on FM2012 is the personal interaction, i know it took a big move forward in 2011, but its got a long way to move forward: Ideas:

Player Interaction: as well as being able to tell a player that i want him to join me or say that he is a big threat in the next match, id like to be able to play mind games with them, for example rooney and tevez locked at the top of the goal scorers tally, id want to put pressure on tevez in a match against blackpool or someone to try and make him selfish, both harming his form and the clubs result, or telling him that he is rubbish and wouldnt get in your team and stuff like that.

Manager Interaction: Sometimes you look down the league and see a team that are struggling that should really be doing better than they are (birmingham), id like to offer the manager or that club a small helping hand, to tell them why they arent getting the result, this advice would be best taken if you are friends with the manager of that club, (darren and alex ferguson, good example), or offer a smaller club one of your players to improve them, macheda to ipswich who are struggling (also managed by roy keane, close friend of alex ferguson) improving both your player, and that team, plus your relationship with the manager

National Manager Interaction: I think we all know where this comes from, Capello (rubbish manager) id want to offer him advice, or abuse him as i see fit for his team choices, formation etc, offering a helping hand/slating him, also if i went for the England job and found somebody else (Carlo Ancelotti) had been offered the job and doing a rubbish job (Italians cant do English football) id want to abuse the decision to appoint him, like you can with other managers, not the right man for the job, and so on.

Thanks

ledi
31-03-2011, 19:07
Minor thing:

I'd like to see more statistics for goals conceded (how many from free kicks, corners etc.)

Koki
02-04-2011, 13:51
I'd like to have a tab where you can see all players listed who have ever been at the user's club (ingame). You could sort the table by games, goals, assists, avg rating, reserve games, reserve goals, reserve assists, reserve avg rating, date joined, date left, current club/job. This would be awesome as you could compare all your players :thup:

mimland
02-04-2011, 15:24
The same as usual, better interaction especially when it comes to the board and chairman. Pressconferences need to be evolved to be more intelligent and it feels like some of the questions and answers are just cosmetic, if I dumped that much crap in the media on my boss in real life as I can do on the chairman in the game I can rest assured it wouldn't go by unnoticed or unanswered. Also many times when I get furious by something in a game, like a misstake by the ref or my players playing like imbecills losing heavy against a weaker side I want to be able to pour some of that anger out in the pressconferance, I don't want to get two questions about the other teams players and manager.

As I have said in other threads when I'm 3 points behind a promotion spot in January and finally seem to get the team blend together and get stable performances out of them and my chairman decides to start selling out the team I want options to march into the boardroom and tell him how stupid he is, I want the option issue an ultimatum. I want to get a reaction when I go to the media and tell them the chairman is stupid to expect us to perform when he does what he does and I want the fans to rage when the chairman is ruining chances of success instead of chearing him on.

lostpoolie2
02-04-2011, 15:59
I would like to see progmme notes that the human manager writes pria to a match and feed back about how the fans feel.

Morris8
02-04-2011, 17:12
When applying for a job, instead of just being rejected/offered it maybe the clubs board/chairman could interview you.

Questions like "what do you feel you can bring to the club", "what tactics would you be using". Things about scouting policy and building for the future.

martin23
02-04-2011, 21:38
i'd like to see players you've selected for the national pool highlighted on the search screen

ManUTactician247
02-04-2011, 21:52
A personal assistant to tell you when a job comes up that is worth applying for.

Club legends recommending you players

The ability to see the stats of retired players

Recommending managers for another job vacancy (eg a manager who you get on with in the game)

Being able to filter a scouts search for players to not include 2* players that I would never use.

The occasional gem from a lower league club that can go on to play in the top division.

A conversation with your board when they tihnk of sacking you which could potentially save your job or get them to sack you immediately.

All I have for now... :D Hope at least some are implemented

Novox
02-04-2011, 21:52
Interaction with board if you do not want to renew your contract so that you don't become "HATED" by the club simply because you wish to continue your career elsewhere. Especially if you brought recent success, and the ability to suggest your replacement to the board.
(i.e. Mourinho-esque approach)

but most importantly,
Training a player in a certain position should NOT take up % from his overall training WHEN he has become NATURAL in that specific position. It seriously bothers me since removing the training in itself causes him to decline in his knowledge of the position, so its a lose-lose.

JamboJen
03-04-2011, 00:19
Posted this in another thread:

One smallish thing I would like to suggest is also to do with ratings. As I understand it (and if I'm wrong, this post is pointless) the rating for physios determines how well they predict how long a player will be out injured. For me the rating should determine a couple of other things:

1) The higher the rating the quicker they can help a player recover from an injury. ie not many of us could fracture a metatarsal and be back playing 5-a-side in 2 months yet how many England players have made it to major tournaments? Your 20 rated Physios get players back for World Cups, Your 15 rated physios don't.

2) The lower the rating the more likely a player is to have a reoccurance of the same injury or pick up a new injury not long after recovering from his previous one. ie a Physio with 10 rating may tell a guy with a groin strain to rest for a few weeks and treat the results of the groin strain, a top level physio does that and also deals with what led to the groin strain so it doesn't happen again.

I realise this might not sound good to a lot of players given the recent discussions about increasing injuries following 11.3 but it would make things more realistic.

ommerson
04-04-2011, 11:28
A personal assistant to tell you when a job comes up that is worth applying for

If you mean a personal agents this could work. Players have agents in the game now, but some managers also have one in real life.
But what if you're in lower league, a manager is not likely to have a personal agent at that level I guess.. And that is the level where you need the job-advise the most IMO.

It seems more like real life if you would know something about your chances at jobs along another way. I find it really hard to judge my chances at a certain job. I sometimes try to see what my rep does in FMRTE and compare it to a target-club, but that doesnt seem to help much and is an out-of-game method. It would be nice if there was some way in which you could see if you have any chance to get a job. Maybe an indicator of the rep of a club, manager or league. Sometimes when there's a newsitem on some cup tournement the rep of that tournement is indicated in stars. it would be helpfull if you can check those reps easily in the game (in the team- or profile-screen for example).
It would also be good if the wishes of a clubs board are made 'public': "Club X considering manager Y's future. If they decide not to extend the current contract they have indicated to look for a manager that likes to play a free flowing attacking game" of along that line but with "strong financial control". And if you profile description, based on your past tactics says 'defending' and you're spending money like water running, the chances of you getting the job would be less. But maybe that is something to be dealt with in the job-interviews I mentioned a few posts earlier.

ATW
04-04-2011, 19:48
i'd like to see players you've selected for the national pool highlighted on the search screen

Yes. Saves me constantly right clicking on a players name to see if they have been already added...

FM_player
04-04-2011, 20:43
There are some things I would like to see beterized:

-The default skin is too white! It will be better a skin with a diferent background for each window in the game like one background for the squad window, another for the training window, another for the press conferences, etc...
-The Press conferences are so damn borring! Always the same questions. Honestly, I don't know how to beterize it, but it should be beterize.
-Personaly I don't like the trainings, because aren't "convitative". Add a schedule where we could select train the short passes, long passes, shots, tackling and even a training match with the reserves.

ommerson
05-04-2011, 08:26
-The Press conferences are so damn borring! Always the same questions. Honestly, I don't know how to beterize it, but it should be beterize.

Maybe something like 'fragmented answers'. Options to build up an answer from parts of a sentence instead of pre-fabricated whole sentence replies. That when you answer a question with "I don't think so", you get a number of options to build the rest of the reply with, like "that player is a fine player but" and then some more options to finish the sentence, like "we have good players to mark him saturday, no problem". Or "I don't think so", "he's not that good a player and", "I wouldn't have put him in de starting line up if he was playing at my club".
In that way you can get some more variety in your aswers and possibly add some nuance you can't add now. Would make it slightly more interesting to parry questions.

It might get a bit complicated for SI make it so that weird replies like "Yes, I think so. That is a pretty useless player. I would like to sign him as soon as possible" or "I agree", "that was a horrific injury", "I think he will be fit very soon" aren't possible, but if the options follow a certain answer-flow that shouldn't be a problem.

But I actually question the use of the press-conferces. Are they really of any influence on player/team morale or a managers rep?

FM_player
05-04-2011, 12:37
Maybe something like 'fragmented answers'. Options to build up an answer from parts of a sentence instead of pre-fabricated whole sentence replies. That when you answer a question with "I don't think so", you get a number of options to build the rest of the reply with, like "that player is a fine player but" and then some more options to finish the sentence, like "we have good players to mark him saturday, no problem". Or "I don't think so", "he's not that good a player and", "I wouldn't have put him in de starting line up if he was playing at my club".
In that way you can get some more variety in your aswers and possibly add some nuance you can't add now. Would make it slightly more interesting to parry questions.

It might get a bit complicated for SI make it so that weird replies like "Yes, I think so. That is a pretty useless player. I would like to sign him as soon as possible" or "I agree", "that was a horrific injury", "I think he will be fit very soon" aren't possible, but if the options follow a certain answer-flow that shouldn't be a problem.

But I actually question the use of the press-conferces. Are they really of any influence on player/team morale or a managers rep?

That idea is great!!

The press conferences are important for me because are more 1 incentive to my players

Yallii
05-04-2011, 15:15
I think the feeder/parent club feature is quite 'British' in a sense that it could be applied to other countries too. Italian clubs can only sign one non-eu player from outside Italy per season. This is from Adrian Mutu's wiki:

"Mutu signed a five-year contract with the Italian club Juventus on 12 January 2005, despite still being banned from football until 18 May. As Juventus had no available room to buy another non-EU player from abroad, the move also involved fellow Serie A club Livorno, who signed the player and contemporaneously sold him to Juventus."

In the game world of FM there could perhaps be an option to move your newly signed player to one of your Italian feeder clubs. Or to a foreign feeder club where he would be able to gain EU nationality.

I also think that you should be able to move your under-18 player - that you've signed but can't be moved to your club yet - to one of your feeder clubs in the country of origin. Maybe this is more a gameplay feature than anything that mirrors real life.

deserter
09-04-2011, 14:33
Role opinion in player reports

I think that it would be nice if in the player report (scout or otherwise) the reporter would tell his opinion of which role/duty would suit the player best.
A fairly straightforward addition (at least if there's already an algorithm that calculates this, which should exist already as it'd be very useful for AI behaviour on transfer market and team selection in any case) that would in my opinion add a nice touch to the player reports. :)

Tactical knowledge would play a role in this I imagine (the accuracy of suggestions).
Having this info available in player search screens would also be nice.

Schmidy
09-04-2011, 15:51
Hey All

Well I am part of a site called FMFormation (http://www.fmformation.net/) and I did an article called FM11 What is, What was and What Should Be (http://www.fmformation.net/football-manager/61891-fm11-what-what-what-should.html#post292183) it is basically a list of alot of idea's that I and the FMF community had for the next installment of FM.

So here they are, what do you guys think

So this is the second year I have done this, read here (http://www.fmformation.net/articles/58404-fm10-what-what-what-should.html) to see my first installment.

These are some from that list that I believe should still be added to the FM12.

Backroom Advice -
I think that all backroom advice should be backed up, so the staff should say why they believe this person would be good for the club or why a person should not be captain/vice-captain.

Player Roles -
What I would like to see is more player roles all over the game from,
1) having a bunch of senior players who look after the well-being of the younger players at the club. - I know you can ask a player to tutor another player but they should also take younger players under their wing on there own.

2) This can also go into game time (at Set pieces) where instead of choosing certain positions to stand on for example far/near post at a corner, you choose the players you would like to stand there just as you choose you free-kick taker or your penalty taker. So you would be able to choose which player is your first choice for that position at that set piece.

Training -
I feel that the training needs to be redone and that it needs to be more affective, you need to be able to see who is training well who deserves a place in the starting line-up based on training, they give you the top five players who are training well and that isn't any help. What I would like to see is a big list that shows who is training well within your training schedules.

Tactics
This is one I believe needs a large overhaul, I love the new tactics creator and all but I feel its very unrealistic. What I would like to see is instead of the bars you get the option to "Say" how you want your players to play, for example mentality of a player you can choose from an option of 10 different words such as "none, very little, little, moderate, more, lots, go crazy" something along those lines.

Set Pieces
I would be amazing if we could create our own set Pieces.

Squad Discipline -
I like my discipline but it annoys me when I have to after every poor game find the culprits and discipline them for their performances, what I think should be added is a disciplinary action whereby you can set when players will be punished and how much, so if it’s a rating of 6.4 - 6.0/5.9 you issue a warning, if its 5.9/5.8 - 5.5 then 1 weeks pay and 5.4 - lower than 2 weeks

Match Officials -
Ok I would like to see a specific feature where you can have a go at match officials... I recently had a goal chalked off because the blind Ass Ref thought he was offsides

Practices -
Set how many practices or when practices would happen in the week, two per day or once per day every day of the week etc.

Manager Status -
One thing I would love to see is to be able to set a status. Here is an image (http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk277/schmidyK/Satisfied.png)of what other managers have said, and I thought it'd be nice if we could select one of those to show how we are feeling

Friendlies -
What I'd like to see is the ability to ask the opposition club for a change of date in the friendly, this would be particularly useful when you start the game as far to often you have two games in the space of two days which kills your team in pre-season.

Affiliate clubs -
I'd like to see more options to choose from when selecting affiliate clubs. There are many in the editor but you cannot select them in-game, I'd like to be able to select whether we play friendlies, whether I want first choice to buy etc. What I would like to see is an upgrading of affiliate status as well. I am currently playing a Newcaslte game and we have good relations with Carlisle and Gateshead, but I'd like them to turn into full-time affiliated clubs.

Here are some that have been done, but could still do with improving as always.

Loanee's -
I recently had several players on loan and they all played badly so I would like to see the option to talk to them, about their recent performances as you can't do anything but hope that they pick up their performance levels. - This has actually been done exactly how I wanted it to be done, but It'd always be nice to chat with the loanee's more, e.g. "Where do you see yourself at the end of the season?", "Well I'd actually love to sign for the club permanently!"

Player Interaction -
I feel that there needs to be more Player Interaction, for example you need to be able to say more to the players, you need to be able to convince them more, whether it’s to join the club, or about their future roles. They should also come to you when there are problems, especially as they often run to media when they are having problems about not playing. - Once again this has been done exactly how I wanted it to be done, but It'd always be nice to chat with the players more

International Duty -
I think that they should when it tells you the days that they are player give a note to say what matches the players will be missing if any, this effects the lower division teams more that the top leagues But I believe it should be done.

Here are a list of what I like that you, the FMF community, have suggested in this thread (http://www.fmformation.net/general-discussions/61651-football-manger-2012-a.html).

Jedd

Manager Celebrations -
Have you ever seen Jose Mourinho caught up in the moment of his team scoring a important goal and he goes mental on the sideline, running to the fans celebrating? Or Wengers motionless face when his team score? Well I think they should incorporate this into the next Football Manager, with each choice giving a different effect on players. Going crazy on the touchline could help some players in confidence, but others it could affect them by making them think the game is over, and they get complacent. The motionless face could make some players try harder, but others feel nothing is good enough.

This would be a neat little feature and help in making relations/having a name for yourself in the game. You could also do a nice spot of gloating in front of the opposition fans and get yourself in trouble, but it was well worth it!

Team outings -
This idea is simple. Team building activities that will happen instead of training over the period of time you chose. The players can go out and help them get used to each other, build relationships and increase morale. But beware, you could end up spending large chunks of money on this or the players could get a freak injury, or they could realise they hate their team mates and decide they do not want to be around them anymore.

This would be a nice little addition as it gives you more control over your players and can help them settle in etc.

Public Relations -
You could also have things like PR Releases (signing shirts etc.) bringing in extra money. All of this would affect training time though so you'd have to chose carefully.

Andytiger

How about a Goals on Sunday addition. You will get an invite to appear on the show and they will ask you questions about the previous weeks football, any future transfer rumours or what your plans are for the rest of the season. This could help build relations with other players, clubs and managers. Let's say for instance, you are asked about your team and say that you think your left winger could do with some competition and are seeking to look into aquiring a new LM. Your current player shows an increase in his training while agents approach you with players on their books, specific to the position you need to fill.

KrisL 9

Formations -
On the formation screen the positions not being snap gridded so theres more flexibility with where you can place players

Piisuke

Match Engine -
New and improved engine. I want creative players to show more and different flicks with the ball. Step overs are fun the first match, but after seeing Neymar perform 8000 a match, I wonder where the other moves are. I like to see players try pannas, or whatever other trick that players currently use.

Team Interaction -
It would be nice to be able to talk more to the team, instead of just individuals.

Manager Interaction -
Better interaction between managers. If one manager comments on you prior to the match, a lot of comments are greyed out, limiting you to only a few answers. More options, less greyed out answers, or an option to type in your own comment would be nice.

Regen -
Updated regen faces. They look kind poor. A bit more realism to the faces would be nice.

James M

Press Conference -
Either properly fix the (still) boring and repetitive Press Conferences, or remove them from the game until they are fixed, please!!!!!!!!

Ryanosaurus

Scouting and Youth Recruiting -
It would be good if they improved the scouting aswell. I dont really like it. I mean you can send scouts around the country and most the time you barely find cheap, young players in Africa, at 16 years old and get the chance to turn them into superstars. You should be able to have trial days. Like loads of young players play against you in a trial game, or train with your U18's for a few days?

BuzzKillington14

Team Talks -
I think team talks could be better, I think you should be able to say why you said that. eg: if i say i'm dissapointed, i should be able to say specifically why, such not taking chances, not getting stuck in etc.

Regen -
I also find that still too many regens dont have realistic attributes. So many times I see CB regens that look good but have low aggression (like 3 or 4), or AMC with low creativity and passing (often below 10). At first I thought this is cos they're only 15/16, but they carry these poor attributes through so that when they're 19/20, they really have no hope of playing.

Chris

Training -
What I'd love to see on FM is a 3D Training Engine so you could watch the players do the training, whether its sprint runs, 5 a side games of football, penalty taking.

NJT86

Finances -
An easy thing to implement into the game would be the option to pay off larger chunks of debt

Example
I'm currently managing Napoli after taking over mid-way through their second season. We managed to make 20m profit last season through player sales, tv rights and competitions, now they have given me a 45m budget with which to finish in the top 5 - which is great - but there is 61m debt hanging over the club from a bank loan and they are only paying off 460k/month until 2029!!

I'd like the option to say to the chairman - instead of giving me 45m, why not take 20m of that and pay it off the loan? - thus giving me a 25m budget, which I can work with quite easily, and reducing the amount of debt the club is burdened with.

The sooner the club are out of debt, the sooner I can be given an even bigger transfer budget with which to mount a challenge for the title/Champions League and I can set about improving the youth facilities etc.

devileh

Player Interaction -
-Resovling issues between players who dislike eachother
-Training more detailed individual moves(random example: tell a CB if he's ever the last man, never go hard in)
-Making a tutoring option that let's youngsters learn something from players with different personality(i.e.. tutoring that isn't as close)
-Convincing players to accept going on loan deals(i.e. being able to tell them you really think it will help their development etc.)
-Talking with player who are dirty(/aggressive and forcing them to change their ways
-Discussing with player about how they feel they can perform if retrained to a new position
-Having team-building events, rally meets(to boost morale)
-Increasing the role of the captain somehow
-Discussing with the players about the upcoming match(their input, maybe one of your boys has played in the opposing club and can share something)
-Being able to give players more ultimatums in regards to their performance, especially if it's a player you can't/won't sell(a 6.9 average in 20 matches, mate?)
-Being able to sit down and have a serious discussion with players that dislike you, and maybe repair the relationship or atleast build a bridge.
-Commending players for good training efforts without having to tell them they're not training hard enough first.

Training -
I saw someone mention this earlier but I want to be able to:
-Set up training sessions somewhat like in real life instead of sliders. Where you can choose between different training procedures and having more talented coaches will open up more/different ways to train. This will make training specific positions easier instead of vague sliders(example: Now, if you want a nible little winger to improve his stamina, he has to train a strength regime. If you want a huge, strong rock in defense, he has to train aerobic to improve his jumping).
-Train specific moves for specific situations(set pieces, etc)(PS: Not just like the match preparation stuff which is just hidden stat boosts, i mean real, specific movement)
-Being able to join/watch trainings, to spur on extra effort, or maybe be able to watch 5-a-side matches to judge who you should use in the next match
-Goalkeepers being able to learn brazilian side-kicks PPM or something to give the goalkeepers that are expert kickers(in terms of accuracy) an edge.

Other stuff -
-Being able to be a club teams U-19/reserve side coach. It would be fun to have a sort of semi-guided career mode where you have goals and objectives.
-Hosting trail games to attract youth so YOU can choose which youths should be signed.
-Having the oppertunity to comment on the ref or other match related stuff outside the normal after-match press conferance.
-Goalkeepers getting their own Penalty Saves stat!
-Captains(and other high influence players) getting more animations where they spur on teammates, direct players, point etc.(to a higher degree than in the current FM game)

raydenvm

- Ability to talk with coaches, scouts, etc.
- Better 3D
- More diversity in player talks
- Interior integration with your blog about FM

Thanks for reading

NOTE: NONE OF THESE IDEA'S ARE MINE, BUT THOSE OF THE FMF COMMUNITY, I SIMPLY LIKE THEM AND THINK THAT THEY WOULD ADD TO FM

Norkey
09-04-2011, 16:49
Will be southern sudanese nationality - players and everything - added to FM 2012? I hope yes, someone will make Southern Sudanese league.. imagine yourself managing a team in the completely new league.. that would be so great. :)

Apart from more default leagues, I don't want nothing new. I want old, good FM07 and 08 back, without all that new, boring stuff which only delays you from advancing in the game..

london boy
09-04-2011, 19:31
stop free agents retiring so early after being released

taylorsmen
10-04-2011, 15:35
This has probably been mentioned before but, i'd like to be able to tell my corner takers to do in swinging or out swinging corners.

Options for corners something like this.

In swinging
Out swinging
Mixed

martin23
10-04-2011, 16:54
the main things i would like to see added are:

better interaction with the fans, i.e telling them why you let a player leave or why you went out of the league cup in the 3rd round after playing youth players

a tick box on the player filter for home grown players

manager personalities, purely cosmetic but it could change the press conference questions you would get

SCIAG
10-04-2011, 17:39
Will be southern sudanese nationality - players and everything - added to FM 2012?
Is South Sudan a member of FIFA? If so, I imagine it will be added to the game.

yugo23
12-04-2011, 13:52
I'd like to be able to select which matches will show on Latest Scores / Goal Updates modules. These can get very crowded, not to mention that we do not have control over their size. In European competitions I am only interested in results of other teams from my country, so it would be great to be able to select matches to be shown. :)

Schmidy
12-04-2011, 16:56
Despite my recent long post, I hope that SI sort out all the crap that doesn't work, like setting certain instructions, e.g. set Throws ins to short and the players are addiment to make sure that they throw it long, certain players will have "looks for pass instead of shooting" yet Jonas Guiterrez shoots up to more than 5 times a game, yet in real life if he shoots then WOW...

Viggo Vickers
13-04-2011, 03:23
New Player Preferred Move (think that's what their called).

Like's to catch Keeper off their line.

Thinking Rooney, example today's CL match with Chelsea towards the end nearly catching Cech off his line as well as in other matches, or David Beckham has done it a few times in his career (more recently in the MLS).

WalmleyWanderers
13-04-2011, 18:22
I am not sure how easy this would be to implement but I would really like to see a new staff role: Academy Director

FrozenMush
13-04-2011, 19:39
Improve press conference system :)

IbrahimAliMaher
14-04-2011, 11:19
This has probably been mentioned before but, i'd like to be able to tell my corner takers to do in swinging or out swinging corners.

Options for corners something like this.

In swinging
Out swinging
Mixed

Surely this just depends on what foot the player uses? For example a right footed player taking a corner from the right would find it very difficult to produce an in swinging corner, he'd have to deliberately slice it with the outside of his foot which would be a stupid way to take a corner

PlebsUnited
14-04-2011, 22:16
My thoughts on new content? Most of it works apart from a few bugs need working out. If they do need something new to put in i would like to see a rethink of the youth system. Such as instead of just random regens popping up you have trial days like with the internationals so you have a say in what you get with the option of having your asm do it if you cant be bothered. Maybe training camps aswell but now im just grabbing at straws. What do you guys think on the youth system?

MelbVictory
14-04-2011, 23:52
My suggestion is making Friends [or otherwise] with other Managers has benefits [or drawbacks].

Like. Manager (you) says in a media conference; "I like Manager X and he's a good friend."

Currently, this means didly squat apart from a list in your profile (unless I'm missing some hidden benefit).

I'd like to see your "friend" managers doing things like;

Coming out in the media in your support during poor form,
[higher rep AI manager] initiating a private chat when approaching a game against somebody they just played or mutual rivals (like, you should show Torres onto his left next week, we did it last week, he struggled)
[Lower rep AI manager] Initiating a private chat asking some advice about something; even potential signings,
Helping with NT management, putting hand up for Olympic team or whatever.

etc etc.

If this started happening, one would pay much more attention to the comments that came out form opposing managers. Unlike now.

Fabio MVP
14-04-2011, 23:54
Improve press conference system :)
How ?

MelbVictory
15-04-2011, 07:27
New Player Preferred Move (think that's what their called).

Like's to catch Keeper off their line.

Thinking Rooney, example today's CL match with Chelsea towards the end nearly catching Cech off his line as well as in other matches, or David Beckham has done it a few times in his career (more recently in the MLS).

Messi tried the chip a few times in the two legs against shaktar.

Whens is a chip a chip, and when is it trying to catch them off their line?

Da_Funk
15-04-2011, 09:47
Possibility to sign a player "after he has gained X nationality" if he only misses < 90 days for that....this way for example if he gains nationality on August (theorically), I can make the offer on May for the next transfer session but I will not use a non-eu slot (for the leagues that have it) because he'd be forced to transfer on 1st of July. Is it clear?

Touristas3
16-04-2011, 13:23
http://en.tactx.uefa.com/#

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/7246/tactix1a.jpg (http://img195.imageshack.us/i/tactix1a.jpg/)

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/534/tactx3d.jpg (http://img189.imageshack.us/i/tactx3d.jpg/)

''TactX is a rendering engine to training sessions. It allows the coach to build 2d drills, game simulations and set plays then render them in 3d. It is an ideal tool for creating training videos (far less than the cost of professional players to perform the same drills), developing and demonstrating tactical situations, and analyzing team tendencies. The rendered video can be viewed in 2d or 3d, from multiple angles, and customized ''

Now THAT would change the world of Football Manager games!!!

Fully animated training drills.

Training is a part of the game that is neglected IMHO and SI should focus more on that.

With a tool like that,the potential development paths that would open are endless,just a few of them would be :

- All individuall focus drills (shooting,crossing,agility,dribbling etc.) fully animated and maybe measured in drills such as acceleration or pace (in terms of seconds) so we can understand the development.

- 5v5 or 11v11 training matches for improving tactical awareness and team blend.

- Drills for improving possession game,set piece movement when attacking and defending,player tactical movement under certain situations and so on...

3D training also offers some ''eye candy''...we would be able to actually see the difference between state of the art training facilities when compared to a plain training field of the lower leagues,
plus our coaches are now animated too and we can see them train our players.

Preveza
16-04-2011, 15:32
Im hoping the ME is rehauled for FM12...If thats the case, Id like SI to try and get the 3D pitches looking more realistic..Whether its raining, snowing or hailing, it looks mostly the same dull colour. Maybe get it looking as real as possible, along with real life nets. IMO this would add to realism, and is probably not an unrealistic idea?. I wont expect too much improvements on stadiums, as I believe that is a long term goal, but for FM12 my two wishes are for the ME to be redone (near perfection) and for the 3D graphics, mostly grass and nets to be re vamped

deserter
16-04-2011, 21:34
Im hoping the ME is rehauled for FM12...If thats the case, Id like SI to try and get the 3D pitches looking more realistic..Whether its raining, snowing or hailing, it looks mostly the same dull colour. Maybe get it looking as real as possible, along with real life nets. IMO this would add to realism, and is probably not an unrealistic idea?. I wont expect too much improvements on stadiums, as I believe that is a long term goal, but for FM12 my two wishes are for the ME to be redone (near perfection) and for the 3D graphics, mostly grass and nets to be re vamped

I'm 100% sure that the ME won't be redone. It will however be tweaked and tweaked and tweaked year round every year. It will get better and better. But there's no going back and redoing it now after (tens of) years of development.
The 3D part will of course be improved every year as well. There are people working on 3D. I expect them to be productive.

dave-m10
17-04-2011, 09:53
I would like for old players to retain their reputation more. For instance if David Beckham or a past-it Messi went to smaller club, there would still be excitement and increase in shirt sales... maybe more mention of trophies they've won and things. I think there should be some sort of legend reputation where signing one would improve morale and fan confidence and attendance, and it would all be amazing (until they proved they'd lost it on the pitch, at which point the circus might end).

fitzy_TRFC
17-04-2011, 14:03
More interaction with the fans especially at away games.
Say how good the atmosphere was, and how many away fans went to the game, and see that these figures improve for bigger games and the better you are doing.
Also the idea about real stadiums is a great on the 3d match engine. Would really add to the matchday experience. If you want have the option available to design and build stadiums for your team or even other teams.

2Pacalypse
17-04-2011, 14:07
Add some better/different sounds or chants, during a match .. i'm tired of the same old stuff.

Reaver
17-04-2011, 14:27
I'd like to see an option in team instructions to tell players whether to go down easily in the box or stay on their feet.

Fabio MVP
17-04-2011, 14:32
I wish for commentary and sounds to be completely revamped. It is boring to always read the same commentary and listen to the same sounds.

2Pacalypse
17-04-2011, 14:39
I wish for commentary and sounds to be completely revamped. It is boring to always read the same commentary and listen to the same sounds.

http://i52.tinypic.com/14wbrps.jpg

Déjà vu :D:thup:

Fabio MVP
17-04-2011, 14:47
http://i52.tinypic.com/14wbrps.jpg

Déjà vu :D:thup:
Yes. : D I think it is really needed as it is pretty big part of the game. And watching and listening to the same things for years is really boring.

And I am disappointed that I wasn't sure if I spelled commentary correctly. : D

suarezlfc7
17-04-2011, 23:15
Wow, only read the last page and I saw so many amazing ideas.

1. Training sessions. I'd like to set up my own training and develop my own style to play like "the Liverpool way".

2. Player/agent interaction. If I want to sign for example Steven Gerrard, I'd want to approach him myself before making a bid to Liverpool. Maybe make a dropdown in the "Make an offer" tab and there could be "approach agent" or something like that. In there would be different ways to check the availability of Steven Gerrard and he would answer you in all sorts of ways. You could also try to make a convincing case of why he should join Real Madrid (let's say I manage Real Madrid). So tell him about the glory we can achieve together and what your goals are and what players I intend to sign. Maybe this is rather difficult to do but in my opinion, this would be a great addition.

3. Manager interaction. As many have said, I'd like to give/get advice from other managers and have a blast at referees. There's so much room for improvement in this area and I'd like to see a major breakthrough in this in FM2012.

4. Tactics. This connects a little with training sessions. I'd like more flexibility in the tactics section like if I want to defend only with 6 men and attack with 6. So I can tell maybe my 2nd striker or a winger to be more defensive, like Dirk Kuyt does at LFC. And tell fullbacks to make a run down the flanks every once in a while. There are alot of good points just on page 68 about this tactic thing but I think this would be the most appriciated. Much, much, MUCH more flexibility with players' duties in defence and attack.

5. Fans. I'd like to compliment my supporters on home and away games. Maybe have a private chat with the fans' spokeperson whenever I want and tell him ideas or hear ideas about signins that fans want to see. Just to make things very realistic.

6. The chairman. You can manage a club and the success doesn't matter.. you can't get sacked! This is a major flaw in the game! Someone said something about job interviews on this thread. THAT IS A WONDERFUL IDEA! I have been wanting to see that in every FM game. In the start of the game, when you pick a club to manage, the chairman summons you to a meeting. He wants to know what strategy you are going to use on the pitch. Let's say you get a 3-year contract (this is also annoying.. you always get a 2-year contract). Okay, lets say 3-year contract and he wants to know what your ambitions are for the next three seasons and if you intend to spend big money or develop your own players. REALISTIC is again, key here.

7. Reputation of your club. I saw this a few comments above. Many clubs like Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona go to Asia, America, Africa or some continent to make the franchise bigger and more famous. When you book a friendly-tour in Asia, Africa or America I'd like that my finances go up, up, UPUPUPUP!!! And shirts and other stuff sells like crazy.

So many things that can improve but these points are the ones I'd like to see in FM2012.

MelbVictory
18-04-2011, 02:11
http://en.tactx.uefa.com/#

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/7246/tactix1a.jpg (http://img195.imageshack.us/i/tactix1a.jpg/)

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/534/tactx3d.jpg (http://img189.imageshack.us/i/tactx3d.jpg/)

''TactX is a rendering engine to training sessions. It allows the coach to build 2d drills, game simulations and set plays then render them in 3d. It is an ideal tool for creating training videos (far less than the cost of professional players to perform the same drills), developing and demonstrating tactical situations, and analyzing team tendencies. The rendered video can be viewed in 2d or 3d, from multiple angles, and customized ''

Now THAT would change the world of Football Manager games!!!

Fully animated training drills.

Training is a part of the game that is neglected IMHO and SI should focus more on that.

With a tool like that,the potential development paths that would open are endless,just a few of them would be :

- All individuall focus drills (shooting,crossing,agility,dribbling etc.) fully animated and maybe measured in drills such as acceleration or pace (in terms of seconds) so we can understand the development.

- 5v5 or 11v11 training matches for improving tactical awareness and team blend.

- Drills for improving possession game,set piece movement when attacking and defending,player tactical movement under certain situations and so on...

3D training also offers some ''eye candy''...we would be able to actually see the difference between state of the art training facilities when compared to a plain training field of the lower leagues,
plus our coaches are now animated too and we can see them train our players.

Dont think I would like this. The season takes long enough as it is.

I downloaded a CM demo a couple of years ago, thinking that the visualisation of training would be interesting. Admittedly, it was poorly implemented, but the interest factor wanes pretty quickly. It really isnt that interesting watch your players do the same thing over and over.

I prefer the current, macro managed training better, although its not greatly implemented either.

MelbVictory
18-04-2011, 02:13
I would like to have touchline shouts available in all modes. I play in commentary only (bc of my slow PC) and dont have that available. (unless I am missing something)

dechardonay
18-04-2011, 07:18
Hey all. Another great game with more great improvements on previous years, well done SI.

I'm wondering, especially since the introduction of female managers, whether women's football could finally be getting some of the recognition it deserves. I'm a huge fan of Australia's national team, the Matildas, and our little W-League is beginning to get along now too (Come on you Victory Girls!)

I'd love to see Women's football implemented on a wider level. How cool would it be to take on this challenge, virtual unknowns in many ways, but yet still teams you're familiar with (ie Arsenal Ladies, Portsmouth Ladies, QPR Ladies, etc.) Or if you wanted to hit the women's bigtime, take on a team in the US, or one of the bigger Scandinavian leagues.

Also, I must say the weak spot in Football Manager is sound. I'd love an excuse to turn the speakers on, right now I play in silence. That's fine, perfectly adequate. But to hear some chants going up in different sections of the crowd. This could be implemented with a few soundbytes, and allow customisation, so people can install their own chants they grab from the web (love to hear Melbourne Victory's South End in-game singing "I Wanna Be Victory", or the whole stadium going with NESW)

I'm sure such things as these will possibly get looked at with time.

I also love the idea of a job interview that has been mentioned above, then at the end of it, the board come down to you with their idea of what you can achieve. I tend to feel a bit funny when you pick your own budget at the start of the season.

Finally another poster touched on club reputation, particular with things like booking a tour across Asia. Currently, it doesn't feel like a tour, it's just another match you've booked - there is no allowance for travel (nor any tiredness on the players - unless they're coming back from internationals). It would be good if it could be set up as a proper tour-style trip, where you set up a run of matches across different locations within close proximity. And this should then hopefully reflect on the reputation figure, and drive revenue up.

I'm also curious on reputation, why is it a singular figure? Celtic for example have a huge reputation, but their earning power is eclipsed completely by the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool, Barcelona, and the other big guns. Similarly, Beijing Goaun are a rich rich Chinese team, but noone outside Asia would have heard of them. Finally, as another example, Australian teams like Perth Glory and North Queensland Fury (RIP), who have NO money, and a salary cap to boot, PLUS no international profile or reputation, yet still manage to attract the likes of Robbie Fowler to come and play for them. Also, Jason Culina, PSV stalwart, was attracted home in the prime of his career to pull on Gold Coast United's jersey. Dwight Yorke and Juninho have spent time in Australia, too. Reputation should perhaps be considered a series of figures, such as "Earning power", "Marketability", "Attractiveness to players", "Network with other teams", etc.

Anyway. My two cents. Hope I have made sense (and that my ideas, and others' who have inspired me, are taken on!) Best of luck. Now back to solidifying Nottingham Forest in the Premier League again in FM 11 ;)...

deserter
18-04-2011, 09:18
1. Training sessions. I'd like to set up my own training and develop my own style to play like "the Liverpool way".
I was out of the scene for years at one point, but I believe there was micro-managed training at some point. Was there? I'm perfectly happy with the philosophy that is in place now. You hire the coaches and the coaches decide how to train the players. That's good. Perhaps it would be nice to have more feedback about the quality of the coaches and training. We have the star system, but I don't know if a coach is underperforming or overperforming and I don't know where to look for signs. Or if these signs exist in the first place. The training levels are also somewhat abstract. I have no idea which things exactly affect them or whether they are less than they should be or more.

2. Player/agent interaction. If I want to sign for example Steven Gerrard, I'd want to approach him myself before making a bid to Liverpool. Maybe make a dropdown in the "Make an offer" tab and there could be "approach agent" or something like that. In there would be different ways to check the availability of Steven Gerrard and he would answer you in all sorts of ways. You could also try to make a convincing case of why he should join Real Madrid (let's say I manage Real Madrid). So tell him about the glory we can achieve together and what your goals are and what players I intend to sign. Maybe this is rather difficult to do but in my opinion, this would be a great addition.
There's already the possibility to enquire about a player in the make offer screen. That could perhaps be expanded, but this basically exists, even if not in the way you wish.

4. Tactics. This connects a little with training sessions. I'd like more flexibility in the tactics section like if I want to defend only with 6 men and attack with 6. So I can tell maybe my 2nd striker or a winger to be more defensive, like Dirk Kuyt does at LFC. And tell fullbacks to make a run down the flanks every once in a while. There are alot of good points just on page 68 about this tactic thing but I think this would be the most appriciated. Much, much, MUCH more flexibility with players' duties in defence and attack.

I don't see how this is impossible to do right now.

7. Reputation of your club. I saw this a few comments above. Many clubs like Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona go to Asia, America, Africa or some continent to make the franchise bigger and more famous. When you book a friendly-tour in Asia, Africa or America I'd like that my finances go up, up, UPUPUPUP!!! And shirts and other stuff sells like crazy.

Have you checked whether this is what happens already? I don't think that it should be resulting in anything crazy though. It would be nice to have backroom staff recommend this kind of tour though if it would be viable.

EDIT: I realised that this post may come across as a tad negative. The rest of the points were just something that I didn't feel like I had anything to add. Most likely I thought they were good ideas. :)

dbfinch
19-04-2011, 20:32
Playing as a lower division club, I've reminded myself that I spend an awful lot of time perusing the players that are transfer listed, available for loan or otherwise unattached. This tends to result in looking at upwards of fifty players at any given time, hoping to find anyone who is half-decent. It also means I'll stumble across the same players, even though I have already decided they're "not good enough" for my team.

Maybe I'm in the minority of people who have such a problem, but I got to thinking how useful I would find it if there was some form of indication given that I'd already looked at a certain player. Perhaps their name could be displayed in a different colour, or they could have an asterisk after it; anything that would separate the players I'd viewed from those I hadn't. Ideally, it would be something you could customise the range of, so you could choose to have it only apply to players you've looked at since the last continue, in the past week of the game, in the current transfer window, or whatever. Also be able to turn it off completely if you didn't care for such a feature. Probably something that there isn't a great demand for, but I figured there's no harm in throwing it out there.

Da_Funk
20-04-2011, 10:26
In my game, after Real Madrid sacked his manager (I suppose), I saw Kakà on transfer list. But I saw it just because I went to the transfer list of my will.
I think I should get info on when such players get listed (since I can be contacted by agents in the game, it's simplier this way). Funny that Kakà was listed for very few days. When there wasn't a manager at the club I suppose.