PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Vic Taylor
08-03-2010, 19:27
Cheers, been campaigning, badly obviously, for it for years.

Start a thread in GD, with the idea extended a bit, examples of the events that could be looked back on added in, and see what the general populace thinks of the idea. :)

ttllttll
10-03-2010, 03:55
Scrap the 5 star scouting reports. It's woefully unhelpfull. In it's place I would like to be given numbers based on the hidden PA. So, for example, if a player has a hidden PA of 180 a scout would tell me the player's potential is between 170-190. And this range would be dictated by the scouts ability. A scout with a 20 for judging player potential would give you a range 10 on either side of the actual number. A scout with a 15 would give you a range 20 on either side. And so on. This number could also be adjusted up or down depending on the scout's knowledge of the player's country.

Further to this, I'd like my scout's/coach's assessment of my own players to grow over time. So if my staff's original PA assessment is, say, 165 but the player's hidden PA is actually 175, after a year or two of getting to know the player really well my staff will give an assessment closer to the real (hidden) PA of 175. Likewise, if I aggressively scout a player or team my staff's assessments will be closer to their hidden PA.

deltablue
10-03-2010, 12:08
Given how sometimes the relationship between a manager and assistant goes beyond simply being 2 positions at a club, but also with the assistant being a long-term right-hand man to the manager (Clough/Taylor for one, also Eriksson/Grip), maybe there should be an option to be able to hire (and change as you move up the ranks) an ass man for yourself as opposed to just for whetever club you're at. Obviously you'd want to get better ones as you move up the ranks in career games/challenges and maybe the ass man himself would want to move on hismself after a while but otherwise he'd follow you around jobs.

hilly_boro
10-03-2010, 12:20
Sorry if this has been posted. I'm at work and can't really look through pages and pages of posts :D

When selecting Feeder Clubs, you actually get a better choice than 5 clubs. I'd like to be able to select the region (rather than type of feeder club), that the club comes from.
In my last game, I had 2 clubs from Belgium, 2 from Romania, 1 from Ireland, 1 from Scotland and around 4 from England.

At the end of the season, the board cancels one of the deals then only offers me another club from that country once I ask for another one.
Also, whenever I get the option of choosing the type of feeder club i want, I always get response saying feeder club could not be found. Surely I shouldn't have to wait 6 months to wait to apply for a new one.

Anyway in summary :D

1) Ability to select Feeder club from a specific region
2) To be able to apply for another feeder club straight away if one can't be found at first attempt and not have to wait 6 months.

:thup:

Lenzar
10-03-2010, 12:33
Get rid of gray players appearing if you run out of players in a position - replace with 'Emergency Academy Promotion' or similar.

CMOZZA
10-03-2010, 12:35
One thing that would be interesting to have is say a note, PPM or assistant feedback on players that struggle when playing @ home or more commonly playing away (Not the John Terry or Ashley Cole kind of playing away either :D).

Say a striker tends to score the majority of their goals at home but is useless away from home, ala Robinho @ Man City.

It would be interesting to see this developed in game, as it is a fairly common occurance irl....

Born2killzone
10-03-2010, 14:48
I would like to see a future version that doesnt need a patch. Maybe get it right before it goes to disk.

Konfuchie
10-03-2010, 15:12
I'd like to see improved match analysis tool!

There is much room for improvement. It would be nice to see where your players were positioned on average over the match, where they made runs with the ball, where they missed uncontested headers where they scored headers when challenged...

It would also be awesome to see average of these things over 5 matches half/whole season...

The match analysis tool was announced like major change, new introduction in 2010 and peaple are largely disappointed with it and use it rarely.

HarryMills
10-03-2010, 15:20
A time machine option to take you back 10-20 years. I dont think there have ever been so few ''world class'' players as there are today.

EVH5150
10-03-2010, 15:25
The one thing that's missing for me in FM 2010 is the ability to set specific player instructions for several players at once. For example, like when I can highlight several players and tell them all to rest without doing this for each one individually, I'd like to be able to set "Closing Down" to every forward and midfielder in one go.

arsenalboy
11-03-2010, 10:58
A very minor addition, but I'd like to see more reaction animations from players. Arms outstretched in a WTF pose when given a straight red, hands in head when missed an easy chance (the commentary can recognise them), a few more goal celebrations, e.t.c.

yugo23
11-03-2010, 12:01
I'd like to see substituion icons in timeline below 3D match. It's easy to miss them now.

Also, very nice addition would be possibility to subscribe to results of teams from selected country in continental competitions.

Piadinaro
11-03-2010, 20:53
1) introduction of nickname for players and for staff (“el kun”, “wonder boy”, “the special one” and so on...); it could be cool if it's created also a generator of random nicknames also for the regens

2) editor more flexible, possibility to edit every rule for the various leagues WITHOUT CREATE A NEW LEAGUE, BUT JUST EDITING AN EXISTING ONE, possibility to create also international competitions

3) possibility with the editor to create real fan representative (now they're random) and fan groups (like Delije, Vikings, Brigate Rossonere...) with relative hardcore fan percentage and possibility of problems with hooligan behaviours

4) possibility to be at the same time chairman and manager of the team (who doesn't like this option can play just as manager)

5) more tactics available in the editor to be assigned to the managers and coaches; for instance in Italy many coaches play with 4-3-1-2 (3 CM and 1 OM) but in the game is possible only to assign to coaches 4-3-1-2 (RW-CM-LW and 1 OM) or 4-1-2-1-2 (DM, 2 CM and 1 OM)

6) introduction of new characteristics of the players, it should be included the ATTITUDE of the player, if we consider for example two central defenders like Cannavaro and Nesta we should have that Cannavaro is the kind of central defender who likes to anticipate the forward, while Nesta is more attending the forward; the same for defensive midfielders like Mamadou Sissoko and Vieira, the first is always pressing, the second is waiting for the opponent; this natural attitude of the players should be seriously taken in account by the manager when he/she designs new tactics and give instructions to the players

7) change the concept of playmaker that now is in the game, now is the typical offensive midfielder that receive the ball and tries killer balls, but in reality there can be 1-2 players for each team that were real playmakers of their teams, starting the action from the defense or the midfield and often they played in different positions (Sammer was a sweeper, Baresi a central defender, Redondo a defensive midfielder...)

8) a more deep control of tactics, with every aspect under control, the definition of particular
schemes and movements of players

9) a total control of trainings, with the possibility to define the assignments for every day of the week, to practice some particular scheme or special situations such as corners, free kicks...

10) refinement of the interaction with media

11) a game more fast when are selected several leagues and/or are used DDT, trying to use at 100% the modern hardware (i.e. the newests OS, processors, RAM...)

jbrunto1990
12-03-2010, 14:47
I would like the ability to have another press conference option where you get to type in a full response ... i know theres the part where you can add comments but it's limited and less realistic

Miller2202
12-03-2010, 14:51
In 3D mode, a touchline view, like you were actually in the dugout (ground level with the players) would be brilliant.

amit_leipold
12-03-2010, 14:57
re make the training system from the very start and give auto option to rest players day after a game. (rest players shold realy rest)

kieronbrown73
12-03-2010, 16:11
The ability to interact with the team capatain and ask his advice on team morale and happiness.

dezeman
14-03-2010, 14:13
The one thing that I would like to see in FM is to get of a feeling of accomplishment after winning leagues and cups. Right now it is kind of anticlimactic to have won the Champions League and then only getting a news message from the board talking about focusing on future challenges or something like that. Why not have something like a trophy room in the history of the club and on your own history. Just having a screen with some simple pictures or cg images of the trophies won by you or the club your working would be a nice addition.

Maybe also have a news message along the lines of hundreds of thousands flock to the centre of 'city name' to see 'club name' lift the 'competition name' trohphy.

HarryMills
14-03-2010, 14:47
I would like to be able to set a different direct freekick taker to my indirect freekick taker, so that I can have my striker take the direct shots on goal, but have him in the box for the indirect or wide freekicks.

itsallaboutthierry
14-03-2010, 15:00
To help with team talks:

Could there be an option to hire a sports psychologist? This person could advise along the lines of "Robinho is very ambitious and looking complacent. He needs to be told that you're angry with his performance to raise his game for the second half" Or maybe if you have a sports psychologist on the books you get a little circle next to your team talk which is green for a positive effect, yellow for neutral and red for negative. Or if this level of feedback is too in depth then he only feeds back on the 3-4 most undermotivated players in the team.

Konfuchie
14-03-2010, 15:07
Originally Posted by tigerhgrrrrrr
FM10 seems to be a "develop the players you have / the next crop of regens into a team of Pele's, meanwhile make your inherited donkeys unbeatable by micro-tactic managing"

This is a good summary but in fact I like that kind of game.

I had the most spell of success in fm2008 where I just had to buy decent players and coaches; play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 narrow with NO PLAYER INSTRUCTIONS and all sliders at middle.

After 2-4 seasons you will win ALL with Aston Villa, Fiorentina, Villarreal or similar teams.

On the other hand FM2010 is a bit too complicated.

Player instructions need to deffer even when you just substitute in min 75. They need to get the best out of your player, make him work for the team, fit your tactics, gel...

Effects of team gelling, foreign language, different football style, complacency, personality are overrated and exaggerated. In real life we know from papers that it affects big clubs, and that they are blamed for underachieving but this does not mean you need to be psychologist to manage a football club, and that a player 2 or more years already in the club disrupts the dressing room atmosphere just to harm his manager personally. I mean people payed over 1.5 mil a year must be more professional than that in real life.

Some things are missing - like better board interaction. Benitez must be able to say come one I just need 65 grand to cover sign on feel for this exciting prospect. He will serve you well even when I'm gone.

Effects of training are unclear, as are the effects of tutoring, loaning and so on...

There is just not enough guidance and tips in game, you need forums to learn to play it...

Press interaction is a big nonsense. It is important in real life but its effects on players and handling it is just poorly simulated in FM2010.

Player interaction is poor and totally scarce. It is lacking choices. All you can do is fine, promote, give new contract, give a press release and recommend preferred move/signing. COME ON - managers in real football spend over 4 hours 6 days a week 11 month a year with their players. They talk, they fight, they lough, the hug and they swear at each other...

As far as 1.3 goes it is an improvement and manager 2010 was not a finished game without it. One shameful exception is the corner flaw. But 1.3 is worth trying for any disillusioned players.

In future it would be nice to see FM grow into easier to learn game, that has tendency to simulate reality. It becoming an arcade game would be a disaster.

hbtfdbs
14-03-2010, 18:10
a remade motivation system..plays too big a part in this game and far too hard to get it right. i just think its completely unrealistic the amount of effort you have to put in just to get these idiots to actually play properly, theyre completely unable to self motivate and have to hear EXACTLY what they want for them to even do something resembling football... -_- other than that ****ed up area of the game, i think the tactical systems goin in the rght direction

Kollo
14-03-2010, 19:37
I got some suggestrions as well but i did not read all the 56 pages of this thread, so some of them might be mentioned already:

- add an option to pause on minor injuries during matches
- add customizeable rules for the first team selection
- add one extra shortlist where only players are being put in that had been marked by me (the shortlist gets spammed with all kinds of players right now and i have to clear it very often)
- add an option to delete scout reports older than x months OR at least adjust (or delete) the player rating every 6 month
- add a filterrule to sort players by the estimated transfersum
- easier PPM-training-selection (highlight those PPM's that might be learned by a player)
- when selecting many players and some of them are not scoutable i can't give scoutingorders in the rightclickmenu, instead i have to find the appropriate player and remove him from my selection which might take some time; why not have the rightclickmenu appear and only apply it to those players scoutable
- add an option to share scoutingorders on multiple players equally between all available scouts (let's say i want to get a report on 20 players for the next day, right now i have to select the first 4, oder scout #1 to report on them, select the next, give orders to scout #2 and so forth)

Deek123
14-03-2010, 20:11
from looking at the hidden attributes of players with a PA of 180 + on Genie Scout it seems that there are very few that have poor values for Pressure, Ambition etc, So I think that regens with very high PA should be the same, obviously not all of them but the majority at least.

New Roosterman
15-03-2010, 05:22
There is one addition I would like to see and it relates to transfers and a player's profile at a club you are managing. When you set a player's transfer status ther are two option to either set a player to "Transfer Listed" or "No Option Set". In older verions of FM and it's predecessoprs there was a third option to set a player to "Not for sale". This option should be re-instated.

hd644
15-03-2010, 05:58
A few things come to mind:

1. Dynamic league reputation. Maybe the problem is that right now leagues are rated on a 20 point scale. If they're rated on a 100 point scale its easier to capture subtle changes in league quality.

2. I think it would be cool to be able to start a new game before the beginning of the transfer window.

3. I would like to have the option to sign a player but then immediately loan him back to his original club for a season or two.

4. Player interactions could be fleshed out a bit more.

Neji
15-03-2010, 11:39
1. Incremental save button and hotkey. What I mean with this is, when you go to save your game, there should be a save option which automatically creates a new save with a higher number on the end. So if my save is called 'MySave' when I use the button it will create a new save file called 'MySave01', then 'MySave02' etc. I should also be able to set this up as a hotkey.

2. When the news item appears about your scout finding x amount of players, there should be a report link for each player embedded in the news item. The way it is now, I have to click the players name then click report.

Neither are a big deal but both would save lots of clicks.

bushdoc
15-03-2010, 13:01
I would like to see a player roll around in agony from blocking a shot with his face or his tackle. :) in 3d match engine of course

Eugene Tyson
15-03-2010, 15:15
I'd like to be able to use Keyboard Shortcuts to select my teams.

I have 3 or 4 teams setup,

First Team
Second Team
Mixture
Youth

It would be nice to press CTRL 1 or CTRL 2 to select the teams I've made.

I've asked many times for Keyboard Shortcuts to be added to the game. I'd much prefer to have full control over all functions in the game using Keyboard Shortcuts.

(I know there are some Keyboard Shortcuts you can edit)

kieronbrown73
15-03-2010, 15:36
1. In game calender (Personal Secretary) to set up reminders to change training schedules, cancel non-preset rest periods, Trial End Dates or Short Period Loan End Dates. At the moment I have to remember certain things. If I could just have a reminder come up on the chosen game date it would stop me missing certain things.

2. Ability to assert authority over unruly players who refuse to follow your wishes, eg. learning new moves or going on loan.

3. Random sponsorship conditions. i.e required to to tour certain country or sign x number of players from certain country (Everton's previous shirt sponsor deal required them to take two chinese players into their squad for a certain contract period)

Eugene Tyson
15-03-2010, 16:03
1. In game calender (Personal Secretary) to set up reminders to change training schedules, cancel non-preset rest periods, Trial End Dates or Short Period Loan End Dates. At the moment I have to remember certain things. If I could just have a reminder come up on the chosen game date it would stop me missing certain things.

You can Make Notes yourself?

2. Ability to assert authority over unruly players who refuse to follow your wishes, eg. learning new moves or going on loan.

You can't force a player to do extra training or to go on loan. Neither is covered or included in any type of contract and could even be technically illegal to include these provisions in a contract.

3. Random sponsorship conditions. i.e required to to tour certain country or sign x number of players from certain country (Everton's previous shirt sponsor deal required them to take two chinese players into their squad for a certain contract period)

I agree with this one, but not about signing players, that's up to the manager or chairmans digression. I never heard of that sponsorship provision withe Everton, I have doubts over it's validity.

THE RATED X SUPERSTAR
15-03-2010, 16:33
I want FM to partner EA for Fifa

carpetcrawler90
17-03-2010, 15:25
Well, I just think I may have an interesting suggestion regarding the tactical system (of the next FM possibly). At the moment I am able to tell eg. my ML and MR to swap their positions during the game. An interesting idea would be to enable the player to set some 2 or 3 entire tactical systems and to swap the whole systems during the game. I know it is partially possible as I can save and load tactics, but it's still in the tactical menu, not the game screen, and finally I can't do it with the same effectiveness as it is with swaping players' positions (the somehow do it themselves). The examle of this is: I play with the asymetric 4-2-3-1 system. I have a DMC, an MCL, an MR, a AML, an AMRC and an SC and I would like to tell my players to, for example, change the system a few times in the match so that the AML becomes an ML, the MR an AMR etc. This would be a subtle change but would make my team much more unpredictable. It would be realistic too (managers do prepare different types of their teams' tactical systems). What do you think of this? :)

dankrzyz
17-03-2010, 15:44
It's been mentioned before, but it's worth saying again. When a manger leaves a club, whether he's sacked or he resigns, he is often (or always) put on the of disfavored personnel and I've never been able to go back to that club in future seasons. This happens in real life with some frequency. Here's just one example (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayr_United_F.C.#Recent_managers), but look through most clubs' histories and you will see this with frequency. Please change this in 2011?

Slawbawn
17-03-2010, 15:50
The ability to sue, or be sued.

This happens in real life football, and I think clubs should be able to take each other to court based on what they believe to be illegal player transfers etc.

Also, clubs/managers should be able to take each other to court. Like with Curbishley and West Ham to do with the sacking and such. Would make it more realistic.

Rupal
18-03-2010, 07:43
re make the training system from the very start and give auto option to rest players day after a game. (rest players shold realy rest)

Yes, the 'rest' option would be very useful. It would save a lot of work - indeed, I'd like there to be a choice of 1,2, or 3 days. Lower league part timers often have poor stamina.

On a completely different matter, I think it would be fun for the manager, coaches and physio(s) to be seen in the dugout as well as the subs. In general there could be various entertaining/realistic dugout possibilities - players warming up, managers leaping up and down hysterically bellowing at the players or complaining to the fourth official and so on. You could even have managers sent to the stands.....

Whether the manager/coach/physio figures were male or female would be determined by their game gender, of course!

Vangelis21
18-03-2010, 07:44
May i ask something because i am new to this forum? are the wishlists here ever read by the developers? are the ideas you all guys have going to be taken into consideration?

ttllttll
18-03-2010, 15:38
I'd like to have a Tactics Sandbox. A non-game and non-friendlies place to try different tactics (formations, shouts, etc). I'd also like to have more coach/asst. manager feedback in this sandbox about what tactics are working, what tactics aren't, suggestions about formations and about which players should play together, and etc. I know this doesn't exist in "real" life, but I equate it to drills "real" managers would run in practices and also to the hours and hours of game footage "real" managers can watch in order to figure out their tactics.

Eugene Tyson
18-03-2010, 15:48
I think a sandbox is a great idea.

I'd also like the assistant manager to point out that players are under a certain fitness level before proceeding to a game?

At the moment you can go to a game with players in Orange Injury Mode to the pitch, where you might want to change them.

Sometimes, you can erroneously hit the space bar too many times and the game proceeds.

Just a little thing, don't let the team selection go ahead if players are under "90%" fitness, for example.

Of course you could change this if you don't have any players over 90%.

BurnCM4X
18-03-2010, 17:31
I would like to see the scouting knowledge of the scouts go back as it used to be. Don't see the point a scout get the knowledge bar (of a country) full just to disappear in less then a season.

Suggy33
18-03-2010, 17:42
The ability to buy someone, but loan them straight back to the club, i.e over Work Permit issues. E.G Tottenham buying Kyle Walker from Sheffield United and loaning him straight back.

When a team is interested in one of your players, and you offer a deal for one of their players, who is of less value then the player they're interested in, and you offer a P/EX deal, they dont come back with a negotiation of £10m plus the player.

E.G

Bayern Munich are interested in Maxwell.

I offer the Maxwell in P/Ex for Holger Badstuber.

They then dont come back with a ridiculous negotiation.

mg539
18-03-2010, 17:55
I reckon this has already been mentioned but its the one thing really lacking in the game imo:

Asking a player to focus specifically on one/two attributes in training instead of a whole category. This could work just like ppms, and the longer a player is focusing on a particular attribute the more it goes up, in addition to any gains he would get to it normally.

Red Owl
18-03-2010, 19:14
I'd like to be able to tell other managers directly where to go when they state an interest in one of my players

"Alan Shearer declares interest in Sheff Wed's Pereira"
"Sheff Wed's manager tells Alan Shearer to jump off something high-up"

Also, before a major international tournament, there should be more options in preparing your squad. For example, say I am about to take England to the 2010 World Cup; there should be a couple of weeks before the tournament where I can arrange a friendly on any day (like the pre-season for clubs); so for example I could tour a continent, for example playing African clubs away prior to the tournament so my players get used to the climate. You should be able to set your own training schedules (I don't see why national teams have coaches...) and choose where your team's base is; and maybe even setting a "discipline" level; so how much freedom your players get. So you be like Capello and thoroughly restrict them, and perhaps risk your players getting upset and homesick, or go all Steve "Shmoke and a pancake" McLaren on them and let them have freedom, but risk a lack of concentration, or even a Flintoff-style pedalo incident.

Slawbawn
18-03-2010, 19:19
What about when you're ban from the touchline by the FA for something such as critisizing a ref, or when you appeal against a red card for a player, you should be able to make a case against the bans, rather than it just being randomly generated

Red Owl
18-03-2010, 19:42
What about when you're ban from the touchline by the FA for something such as critisizing a ref, or when you appeal against a red card for a player, you should be able to make a case against the bans, rather than it just being randomly generated

I find the appealing against red cards idea very futile; the 3D match view isn't detailed enough for a human manager to have a proper opinion. I'd like maybe a more detailed replay, just for contentious penalty calls, so you can actually see if the defender gets the ball or the player.

flooda4
18-03-2010, 21:32
[QUOTE=Red Owl;5012605]I'd like to be able to tell other managers directly where to go when they state an interest in one of my players

"Alan Shearer declares interest in Sheff Wed's Pereira"
"Sheff Wed's manager tells Alan Shearer to jump off something high-up"

I like this a put up or shut up response "Make a bid or shut up because all your doing is printing newspapers" or "Alan Shearer offered me anyone on his team for this player" That could unsettle their whole team I'd like to hope.

Then they can respond in the press or actually make a bid.

olusinho
18-03-2010, 22:29
would me nice to get a report during game from your physio on injured players with a +.

for example...

player gets injured but can still play, and physio tells me pulled his hamstring, but can keep playing ,but may increase further injury....etc...

Ozzsam
18-03-2010, 22:44
A free moving camera that we can grab and drag

jbrunto1990
19-03-2010, 05:58
5. Agreed - how possible, unless they appear as a god-like regen AT 17, is it to get a player into your 1st team at a good level if you're a Prem team? Happens IRL; Fowler, Owen, Rooney, etc. Yes, they are mainly strikers, so model that. If you get a 15year old striker enter your youth team at 15, with the best possible potential star rating (3 / 3.5 at most if you're a top top team), there is currently no way you can get him up to a level to play week in week out, including the big games, until he is at the very least 18 (i.e. 4th season in). It just isn't realistic for the OCCASIONAL superstar. You don't want many; one or two between all the premiership teams per season, on average, I would say. This would make me so happy, and the game so much better for those of us that cherish the ability to nurture the youth team, as I do.

Great ideas, mate!

I love what you added, esp re the youth team.
I also hate when I'm a big club and it doesn't let you add more than one feeder team per year, even if you cancel em.
Also would love just all round more user input...mainly press conferences and opposition instructions, and team talks. Also would love them to expand on the current in game controls for the managers...like a celebrate like a loony instruction. But more seriously the ability to shout at players individual instructions if you see a problem. Would also love to be able to wind up other managers, e.g. Wenger and Curbishley etc etc

jbrunto1990
19-03-2010, 06:27
And one more thing (for right now) would be the choice of travel expenses as a real world choice. I.E. choose do you want to go down night before, fancy hotel etc etc and how does this impact budgets. This would be especially fun at lower league clubs to see how much you can strip costs down by.
I would also like to see mid season training camps added w/a positive impact on fatigue. seems like IRL a lot of clubs go to La Manga or Portugal for a midweek break in the middle of the year, would like to see that added.
Plus playing national teams on a tour for extra $$ obviously, but United have done it for years.

Juan
19-03-2010, 10:12
Surely some of these may have been suggested already. Still, here goes:

- For lack of a better name, I'll call this floating slider adjustments. To explain with an example, say I want to set my team tempo two notches above the standard setting given my tactics. So, when I change my tactics (via shouts or whatever), the new team tempo increases or decreases as well, remaining two notches above the standard for the new tactics.

- Furthermore, I want some of the adjustments to be "programmable", so that player instructions adjust automatically according to the player in a certain position. For example, I want to tell the computer to automatically reduce my AMC's long shots one notch if his long shot attribute is below 15.

- A better way to set up set piece instructions. Assigning roles according to attributes as opposed to positions would be a start.

garyfm
19-03-2010, 10:14
Put the Match of the Day team on the game and other journalists so you can be interviewed on match of the day and then you can read what Linekar, Lawrenson and Hanson all said about you on the program

Roman Chevalier
19-03-2010, 10:37
The main think is to make the match engine as good as an can be, so that the way a team really plays is reflected in game. It's weird seeing Vallancienne FC ping it around like Arsenal.

But apart from the match engine stuff;

Training-The ability to try our different formations/partnerships/tactics in training. If you take over a club in pre-season who you don't know much about IRL, then the friendlies are often not enough to see what is best for the team. With training, you'd be able to see how things work between two defenders for instance, or strikers. I don't want to spend hours on daily training, but just to have a little more immersion and feedback from it other than the arrows pointing up/down/forward etc, and a monthly ass man feedback which is usless.

Also, the option to give players more varied training during the week-i.e;Mon they do set pieces/tactics/ball control, on tuesday they do strength/aerobic/defending and so on. Obviously we'd choose and decide what is best for the players, considering upcoming matches etc, but as it is i don't believe the game woul react to us, the player, doing this in the game as it is. It needs to be a simple format ansd have direct consequences for the upcoming games. If we need to shut out a team who are far superior, we mostly train tactics/set pieces/fitness in the previous days. also, automatically give players wo played the day off after a match, and allow us the option to incease that day, and rest the others who didn't play.

And of course, sort the transfers out please!!! But mostly the match engines bugs, and make the player interaction more dynamic and organic

Frosty09
19-03-2010, 16:34
you should be able to back world cup bids just like the england 2018 world cup bid and choose the staduims

Eugene Tyson
19-03-2010, 16:36
you should be able to back world cup bids just like the england 2018 world cup bid and choose the staduims

Do managers get to choose the stadiums?

jbrunto1990
20-03-2010, 00:26
Also another thought, your u18's manager should actually provide a stat/page of info about each youth teamer. This could/should include:
1) How ready they are to handle physical demands of first team football
2) Ready to make step up to reserve's or lower league first team
3) Technical proficiency (e.g. a lot of Arsenal's team may be technically and skill wise ready but physically nowhere near)
4) Better comparison to current players/targets - i.e. at current rate of progress will be ready for first team in x amount of years/games/never ready etc
5) More adaptable and focussed training to work on targeted areas for youth team. i.e. if not yet physically ready then put in more time to weight lifting etc
6) Ability for youth team manager to be able to devise more individualistic training schedules
7) I've posted before about shifting excess budgets around (mainly to pay off loans that cripple the club), i would like to be able to plough x % of transfer budget to youth development. This seems more realistic, especially the teams like Crewe, West Ham and the like who are doing this and continue to. It really is a business model and much more like real life.
I don't think these are too unreasonable and would love to see them added.
Also have a question: where did these laws come from regarding u18 players at certain countries being unable to move till 18? It doesn't seem like this happens all that much.
Would also love to be able to build academies etc abroad ... not that realistic but seems best way to replicate way Wenger has an affinity for the young Africans.
Also feel like Asia is still an untapped resource for players...i send scouts to china and out of 1.3 billion people there are never any talented youngsters...seems somewhat unrealistic. not even talking about with say Yankchester United, but even with Wigan, or Crystal Palace
Keep up good work on FM 2011

Konfuchie
20-03-2010, 12:14
Dear God! Just make the team able to STOP THE DAMN BAD RESULTS STREAK. I got sacked in at least 3 saves after overachieving for multiple seasons. Just get unlucky with the draw and get 4 tough opponents in a row and you are screwed.

Deisler26
20-03-2010, 12:19
Mainly, just when the chairman accepts a bid over your head, they should request a selling on clause AT ALL TIMES!

MSCCG
20-03-2010, 15:57
I would like this simple request. When I send more than one scout to scout a competition, I don't want them to watch the same game and come back with the same recommendations.

Red Owl
20-03-2010, 16:09
I would like this simple request. When I send more than one scout to scout a competition, I don't want them to watch the same game and come back with the same recommendations.

Best suggestion yet.

TheBag
20-03-2010, 16:44
Cheers, been campaigning, badly obviously, for it for years.

I like it too. There's one in the Leeds match programme every game, and they have a feature on SkySportsNews sometimes.

whilewolf2
20-03-2010, 16:45
At present you can make as many tactical changes during the course of a match as you like. You can change the formation ten or more times if you wish swapping player positions and changing their individual instructions each time.
In reality once the match has started managers are reduced to shouting instructions from the technical area and because of this their instructions have to be short to the point and basic.
At half time managers have only fifteen minutes to make any changes they want to the shape and style of the teams play and give words of advice and encouragement.
These constraints on a manager’s ability to influence his team once they’re playing are not adequately reflected in the game.

My suggestion is three fold firstly a revamp of training so formations mentalities marking schemes; tempos etc all have to be learnt in training. I.e. If you want to use two formations during a season you need to train the team for them. You can devote equal time to both but neither will get the maximum benefit. If on the other hand you devote all your training to 4-4-2 then the team will be very proficient in that formation but will suffer a significant penalty if you choose to go 3-3-4 when chasing a match.
Like wise marking do you train zonerly or man marking and do you train intensively on the marking system at the expense of other tactical options the offside trap, counter attacking etc.

My second idea is to limit the changes that can be made during a match to touch line shouts only and to restrict the tactical changes that can be achieved via them to less then the full tactical screen can accomplish. During the game you can shout at your back line to push up but not specify exactly how high the line should be.

My last suggestion is that the fifteen minute half time interval limits how much a manager can do and the game should reflect this by making every tactical change or individual team talk use up an allocation of time. I feel that would introduce a new tactical decision to the game do you spend time telling the full backs to close down higher up the pitch or do you put your arm around the nervous young keeper making his début and try and give him some confidence

TheBag
20-03-2010, 16:53
Further to this, I'd like my scout's/coach's assessment of my own players to grow over time. So if my staff's original PA assessment is, say, 165 but the player's hidden PA is actually 175, after a year or two of getting to know the player really well my staff will give an assessment closer to the real (hidden) PA of 175. Likewise, if I aggressively scout a player or team my staff's assessments will be closer to their hidden PA.

I do find it odd how they have a star rating for the coach reports but numbers on player abilities.

Red Owl
20-03-2010, 16:56
I'd like to be able to unlock "Classic matches". So for example, the Stanley Matthews FA Cup final.

You could view it like a saved match, but it's FM representing a real life match in its simulator.

TheBag
20-03-2010, 17:54
FM to fix the awards thingy at the end of a season. It's just stupid to be honest. Norwich manager wins Manager of the Year for taking Norwich, 5-1 favourites to win the title and predicted first to win the title. Me, guides predicted 24th team to second and I don't even get in the top three, but Notts County's manager, who comes sixth and was predicted 7th, does. Then, in my Ton Pentre Career, finish my first season (started unemployed, got first job at start of second season) 5th when predicted 17th and guide the team to both the Loosemores League Cup Final and Welsh Cup Final, George Shaw who took over in late December 10 points clear at the top wins Manager of they year for winning the title and guiding them to one final (they are already in the League Cup Final) with 1 game to go.

Player awards are even worse: my centre back who has been in every team of the month (with the exception of April, where he only played one game) and has the highest average rating for a defender doesn't make team of the season. He isn't even shortlisted for player of the season. I just don't understand. :S

Like the classic matches idea, there should be at least one for every professional club in the major footballing nations with a couple of others but that may take a few years. I'd take around just ten, as long as a Leeds game (preferably the FA Cup Centenary Final) is in it.

benshuff85
20-03-2010, 20:02
my wish for the new fm would be to implement a set piece creator using the 3d match engine!!!
how i think it should work would be as normal you have the player settings on left like near post flick etc, and on the right you have the 3d view with a little play/reherse button of some sorts so you can fiddle around with different player settings to see what gets you scoring!!
the amount of people on the forums asking how to setup corners or free kicks is crazy there should be a way of tinkering and having a visual view of how your settings work..
(all be it yes it wont work against every team but thats football)

the over thing i think needs to be done is defensive throw in setups, with the likes of the rory delap throw becoming more common you should be able to setup players the same way you can defensive free kicks/corners it just needs to be in the game...:)

Juan
20-03-2010, 23:20
Am I the only one who thinks the analysis screens obscure more than they clarify? That would be an area to fix.

Red Owl
22-03-2010, 04:27
Some simple suggestions for the editor mode:

When you are creating a new player:
- while choosing what his skin and hair colours are, there should be a little picture of what you guy will look like using the 3d engine.
- you should be able to add photos for people. If there's a licensing issue over some players, why not make it so you can only add pictures for players you've created?
- when you are editing the attributes of players, you should be able to get a little description of what each ones entails. I find too many of them too vague, for example I assumed that a Temperament of 20 would result in a volatile player, but actually that would be a temperament of 1.

jbrunto1990
24-03-2010, 05:17
i also think more realistic if more agent involvement were added.
Also ability to criticize players for speaking out in media etc
Possibly need to add image rights to contracts, e.g. Cristiano Ronaldo

alexferrie
24-03-2010, 05:24
My wishlist is pretty straightforward:

1. More options for player interaction, being able to take the team out for parties, restaurants, etc to improve squad morale. Also being able to hold squad meetings when reports appear in the press about a player being upset about lack of discipline, etc
2. a set piece editor and improved training - the feedback from the current training doesn't really say enough. for example, the ass man report tells me that a player has dropped in pace, but goes into no more detail. In my game I have a number of older players where this kind of drop is to be expected - it would be nice if the report reflected that, somethng like:
"player x has dropped in his pace this month, but given his age is still training as well as can be expected"
3. rather than having the board tell me I am allowed x coaches and y scouts, give me a staff wage budget and let me decide what kind of staff i want to employ.
4. training camps - one of the few features i like in fifa manager is being able to send the players off to training camps for a couple of weeks.
5. When a player is red carded and the post match action message is opened, a button to opena detailed view of the incident before deciding whether to appeal the decision, impose a fine, etc. Also a note on the screen saying "this player has had x red cards and y yellow cards this season, the last incident being ..." showing the last match prior to this incident where he was carded by the ref.
6. A calendar where I can actually make a note of things that are coming in the future, like where a scout report states ".. approach the player on a precontract in 6 months". It would be good to be able to set a reminder for that date.

iggy_fm
25-03-2010, 15:01
sorry if this has already been suggested but how about an option to learn a language throughout any part of your career. By doing so it can help boost morale of foreign players with the same nationality as what you have learnt and help with going to clubs in the countries nationality you have learnt (and stop getting asked that stupid question in press conferences about you not having the knowledge of the language).

taylorsmen
25-03-2010, 15:36
3 things i want to see in FM11 are.

1.Assistant learns how to give team talks when i holiday.
2.Linesman flagging the correct way.
3A tunnel (i want a tunnel:D

Highor
25-03-2010, 15:52
I posted some points regarding:

Team Clauses, Player Scout Reports, Fixtures, Facility Page, International Teams, B Teams & Youth International Teams (U21 & U19), Interim Manager, Achievement Page, Advances player instructions, Trainings, Finances and Transfers.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=198741

Eugene Tyson
25-03-2010, 15:58
sorry if this has already been suggested but how about an option to learn a language throughout any part of your career. By doing so it can help boost morale of foreign players with the same nationality as what you have learnt and help with going to clubs in the countries nationality you have learnt (and stop getting asked that stupid question in press conferences about you not having the knowledge of the language).

It would be fun if the UI started changing and in news reports you get random words that are in Spanish or Italian or wherever you're managing? (With a roll over of course in place so you can read it properply)

But imagine learning a new language by playing FM? That would be great.

(I understood that you meant that it comes up as a stat that you speak a language)

Eugene Tyson
25-03-2010, 16:00
I posted some points regarding:

Team Clauses, Player Scout Reports, Fixtures, Facility Page, International Teams, B Teams & Youth International Teams (U21 & U19), Interim Manager, Achievement Page, Advances player instructions, Trainings, Finances and Transfers.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=198741

Good points

Jenko_EFC
25-03-2010, 22:17
how about ground-share like what Inter and AC Milan do ?

BritishSummerTeam
26-03-2010, 04:07
Okay, so I was thinking this after watching my Villarreal team dominate possession and pour 30 shots onto the Levante goal, 20 of which were from long range.

Now I appreciate that this can be a tactical problem, but I play a 4-2-3-1 with 3 AMC's and my 2 MC's, despite being on long shots rarely, and not having any long-shot PPM's just fire it at goal from 30 yards, without even looking for a pass. I find that my tactic works well most of the time, with them hardly shooting, but if they're playing poorly anyway they result to being selfish.

This is one example but there will be many other variants, but basically I'd like to see some sort of developed player-interaction where the manager can effectively say: 'you're not doing what I told you' - you can tell him to do things more or less, or they'll be dropped, or rested until they learn to do it in matches properly. I suppose it's a bit of a furthering of the PPM function, but one that's slightly less rigid and may add some more depth.

yugo23
26-03-2010, 08:05
Latest scores in return matches - they should include aggregate scores also, and maybe team that is leading on aggregates atm could be hzighlighted in another color.

ac13
26-03-2010, 08:25
At present you can make as many tactical changes during the course of a match as you like. You can change the formation ten or more times if you wish swapping player positions and changing their individual instructions each time.
In reality once the match has started managers are reduced to shouting instructions from the technical area and because of this their instructions have to be short to the point and basic.
At half time managers have only fifteen minutes to make any changes they want to the shape and style of the teams play and give words of advice and encouragement.
These constraints on a manager’s ability to influence his team once they’re playing are not adequately reflected in the game.

My suggestion is three fold firstly a revamp of training so formations mentalities marking schemes; tempos etc all have to be learnt in training. I.e. If you want to use two formations during a season you need to train the team for them. You can devote equal time to both but neither will get the maximum benefit. If on the other hand you devote all your training to 4-4-2 then the team will be very proficient in that formation but will suffer a significant penalty if you choose to go 3-3-4 when chasing a match.
Like wise marking do you train zonerly or man marking and do you train intensively on the marking system at the expense of other tactical options the offside trap, counter attacking etc.

My second idea is to limit the changes that can be made during a match to touch line shouts only and to restrict the tactical changes that can be achieved via them to less then the full tactical screen can accomplish. During the game you can shout at your back line to push up but not specify exactly how high the line should be.

My last suggestion is that the fifteen minute half time interval limits how much a manager can do and the game should reflect this by making every tactical change or individual team talk use up an allocation of time. I feel that would introduce a new tactical decision to the game do you spend time telling the full backs to close down higher up the pitch or do you put your arm around the nervous young keeper making his début and try and give him some confidence

I was thinking of this last point a couple of days ago. In the 15 minutes the manager is going to be mainly dealing with explaining the tactical changes he wants players to make. There's no way that on top of that he's going to be able to give individual team talks to each player saying whether he's happy/unhappy with each person's performance.

I'd like to see a box for automatically changing yellow carded players tackling to medium/soft.

Also at the moment if a short term injury happens to a defender another player eg midfielder doesn't drop back to cover that hole. I guess this is more a bug than a change.

JonnyGabriel
26-03-2010, 08:51
I've been thinking about something that would be quite fun (IMO) when the problem with removing you from Legends/Icons/Favoured Personnel gets sorted, it may have been thought of before so I apologise if this is a repetition.

Basically, we always see that when you get promoted or sign a good new player one of the Legends of your team comes out and gives an opinion on it. Well, I'd like to see that implemented with you if you're a Legend or whatever. So if your old team signs a new player or gets promoted, the media come to you for an opinion and you say "Tremendous achievement" or "I could've done it" or "With the money they have it was always expected", etc.

Just a thought.

tom_numbers
26-03-2010, 19:55
Nut up or Shut up.

Someone alluded to this higher up the page, and I would have to agree. I spent a whole summer with my attacking midfielder transfer listed by request, valued at £19.5m, 12 months after I'd bought him for £20.5m. Every news report where he said he wanted to leave was finished by "Barcelona are rumoured to be interested". He issued a 'come and get me plea' to Barcelona, I offered him to Barca for £20.5m, and the only offer I got was a cheeky loan bid from Galatasary.

I want to either be able to point out to him that no-one wants him, or tell Barcelona that they should come and make a bid now, not drag it out over the whole summer. I had a similar thing with another player, where Inter declared interest in him for about a year, seriously unsettling him. At no point, did they ever even enquire about him. Something along the lines of "Make an offer, or stop talking about him", rather than just issuing a hands off warning every time.

Depending on Results

Picture the season. There are two games left in the season, and I am two points off top, but with a far superior goal difference. After going 2-0 up after 10 minutes in my game, I have no interest whatsoever. The team who is top though, is still 0-0. When all I have to rely on is the latest scores section pointing this out, its incredibly tense.

Could I not have one of the following?
:: I send a scout or coach to the other game, and he has a box (similar to assistants feedback) letting me know how the other game is going. (Just roughly, ie, does anyone look like scoring?)
:: More feedback from the commentary, ie, mentioning that the top side are all over their opponents.

ron6632
27-03-2010, 00:50
Something I have wanted for a while.

A new stat based around key passes, a "potential assist" if you like. This would be on the selection screen along with Goals Scored/Assists/Yellow/Red Cards etc.

Basically this stat would be telling you how effective your players are at creating goal scoring opportunities, without relying on your crap strikers putting the ball in the net.

eg You play a game in which

Attempts on Goal 10
On target 5
Clear cut Chances 4

You may have only scored one goal in this game, but 4 clear cut chances were created, 2 by player A (who also gets an assist), 1 by player B and 1 by player C

At the end of the game the stats (that end up on player histories) for player A would read

assists 1
Potential assists 2

I'll shut up now....:)

Rupal
27-03-2010, 07:41
I feel that there should be a 'pat on the shoulder' type of option in player interaction. For example, a player beefs off to the media about something and then makes an apology. Under some circumstances it might be a good thing to have an option which would help to mend fences with him.

ac13
27-03-2010, 11:58
Something I have wanted for a while.

A new stat based around key passes, a "potential assist" if you like. This would be on the selection screen along with Goals Scored/Assists/Yellow/Red Cards etc.

Basically this stat would be telling you how effective your players are at creating goal scoring opportunities, without relying on your crap strikers putting the ball in the net.

eg You play a game in which

Attempts on Goal 10
On target 5
Clear cut Chances 4

You may have only scored one goal in this game, but 4 clear cut chances were created, 2 by player A (who also gets an assist), 1 by player B and 1 by player C

At the end of the game the stats (that end up on player histories) for player A would read

assists 1
Potential assists 2

I'll shut up now....:)

Key passes comes pretty close to that already.

Dirkjan
28-03-2010, 16:10
Small, and easy to implement:

I would love to search players for their natural position.
If i want a winger, i dont want an AMC with accomplished RW etc.

So at the Search Players for Position.
There is:
- Is
- Is not

I would love to see:
- Is natural...

scooterman
28-03-2010, 16:18
Can see what players that don't want to take a penalty during a shootout

jxd
28-03-2010, 20:03
1. when an opponent is booked or has an injury, I'd like the ability to tell my players to go right at him.
2. when hovering over the goal/card icons at the bottom of the 3d match screen it should tell me who got the card etc.
3. be able to tell my players not to kick the ball out when someone is injured
4. have an option so players booked automatically go to easy tackling.
5. be able to change dead ball takers on the fly
6. when negotiating a bid, I should be able to tell the other team to pay me when exchanging players if my player's value is greater.
7. be able to offer a player to a specific team
8. offer money to teams to take my players on loan.

ron6632
28-03-2010, 21:16
Key passes comes pretty close to that already.

Would agree, but there is no way of finding out how many key passes a player has made in a season. Unless I'm missing something totally obvious :)

ac13
29-03-2010, 13:22
Would agree, but there is no way of finding out how many key passes a player has made in a season. Unless I'm missing something totally obvious :)

And maybe a clear cut chances scored % might be interesting.

Viking
29-03-2010, 17:04
I want to see an improved scouting for FM 2011:

A list where you specify what you are looking for on the market, say a cheap full back with experience from any national team, and a striker with experience from the Premier Leauge that might be interested to sign for your team in the Championship. Then all your scouts and coaches may recommend players that fits the criterias on that list.

I'm tired, so apologies if my english does not make sense today.

Rupal
29-03-2010, 17:33
Before you decide on which club to manage it would be useful if you could have some basic financial information. For example, it would help to avoid choosing a club where the only thing you can do is to get rid of players at the start of the season in order to reduce the wages to within the budget laid down by the Board. While some people may enjoy such a challenge, not everybody does and it can be an irritating waste of time having to start all over again.

Seafire
29-03-2010, 19:23
Regarding the commentary:
1) The start of the second half of the match. We have the kick off of the first half and restarts so why not the second half?
2) Goals scored during the match:
"And <team> are now ahead 2-0". "Nearly half time and <team> are trailing 1-0" etc etc

kevgaleuk
30-03-2010, 16:56
How about a fixture comparison function? Pretty much in the same vain as they show on MOTD comparing the run in top/bottom clubs have. Naturally there'd need to be a limit (most I have seen on MOTD is 6) and would be helpful to have a filter on it to allow you to include/exclude different competitions i.e. you only want to see their remaining league fixtures or actually the other games that might help/hinder you oppenents (or you I guess)

Would just save having to click onto each team in turn to see who they have to play (and in the most cases forgetting and having to re-check!)

bleventozturk
30-03-2010, 17:18
I thought I should put this here too:

I think these are the first areas that need work.

The player positions need to be completely re-done. I like having the players' ability to play in different positions rated as 'natural', 'accomplished', etc., but I think every player should have at least 'ineffectual' in every position on the field. Those light green, dark green, orange, yellow circles on tactics screen should exist at each position on the field for each player, and they should be calculated simply from the players' attributes. And depending on how a player's attributes will develop and shape when he gets older, the colors of those circles should change, in accordance with the training system of course.

Which brings me to the other area that needs to be reworked, and preferebly simplified: There should be templates ready for each positions training, and we should just simply assign each player to the training regime we want. So, lets say I have an 18 year old player who is naturaly a CB, but he is accomplished in DR (again, calculated from his attributes). If I want him to develop as a fullback more, then all I have to do should be to assign him to fullback training schedule, and with time his attributes should start shaping him more into a fullback, e.g. his tackling, dribbling, crossing attributes should gain points), and after some time the game should turn his dark green circle in right back position into a light green one, making him 'natural' there.

I really really hate the fact that just because a player doesn't have any color circle at a position he can't play in that position. For example I have a AM C newgen whose attributes actually fit better to a winger. But he has no circle on AM R, so I start re-training him in that position, and after months when finally a green circle appears there his attributes take a hit. Then if I stop training him in that position, that green circle turns into orange, yellow, and disappears eventually. This current system is just plain terrible, no offense.

Like I said, what needs to be done is, and it is very simple, when a newgen is created, the game should assign 1 natural position to him, and calculate the colors of those circles for all the other positions on the soccer field, and they should be calculated from the players' attributes, including also the versatility attribute in the calculation.

442to445
31-03-2010, 02:16
Hmmm, ok. I've been giving it some thought and after finding myself re-trawling through the tactics guides again after a break from the game I've come up with the idea of a 'tutorial mode'. It wouldn't be mandatory, but rather than a little box popping up to tell you what does what I believe this would be an excellent way to introduce tactics etc to players old and new and so I give you...

The Football Manager Coaching Badge System
When the user starts a new game, they can choose whether they'd like to study Coaching Badges or not - or, if they've previously completed them, they're already assumed to have gained them.

These badges would take place in the period shortly before pre-Season and would combine a talk through of how tactics affect games and highlight, with examples, all the options available to a player. They would also be interactive and maybe even include an exam at the end - to show you were paying attention. This would allow the player 'risk free' time to play around and experiment with the match engine and learn the very basics of the game at least in an 'encouraging' environment.

There would be different ranks dealing with differing levels of tactical subtlety but would be an immersive way of drawing the player in to the game and making them feel as though they're learning as they go. It wouldn't need to be a massive section of the game, maybe 10 mins per badge, 3/4 badges, each one just finessing what's been learnt previously.

Just a thought anyway.

kevgaleuk
31-03-2010, 10:55
I have just been overhauling my scouts (first "end of season" and therefore a chance to rebuild the background staff) and a couple of things occur to me:

1) at big clubs you can have over 20 scouts which means 20 news items - quite a lot - and if you're like me you'll end up skipping through them unless you need players. I am fairly sure this has been suggested somewhere but can SI introduce a chief scout? His roles would be to

> Compile the reports into a single report (which could be delivered at the backroom staff meetings) split down into recommendations for "First Team Players", "Squad Back-ups", "Hot Prospects" etc and include comparisons against players of that ilk in your own squad. i.e. rather than comparing a squad player recommendation with the star striker it compares him to someone who already fits that bill (or did and has now left?)

> Take on the responsibility for recruiting staff to scout areas - within the interaction you could outline where the club should be scouting (plus he could recommend new areas as the club grows) and then is responsible for ensuring the club has the best staff for that role/area

2) Within the current way of scouting there is no way to review what they are scouting. You can see where but not the filters (i.e. he is scouting europe for U18's etc.) Is there a way that this simple addition could be included?

3) You cannot ammend scout searches i.e. you want them to continue to scout Europe but change the filter to U20's - I know its not a huge issue to stop their existing search and start another but in doing that you lose the reports which is a pain

toemouse
31-03-2010, 12:54
Just a few ideas! ;-)

I'd also love to see the option of loaning out a new signing and also the option of including a loanee in a tranfer deal, for example if I were Man Utd and wanted to buy Marek Hamsik from Napoli i could have the option of loaning out out of my youngsters as part of the deal. Almost like part exchange only with a loanee?

The role of Chief Scout would be a good addition, too.

Also more interaction with players, tell them what you expect of them as individuals at the start of the season, I'd love to be able to tell my young keeper he'll be back up but play all the cup games and a hand full of league games or my aging centre forward he will become a bit part player / impact sub. And also regarding training, I'd like to specify to my striker i'd like to see him work more on his heading or my keeper to work on his kicking.

I, also, am amazed that there isn't an option to differeniated between free kick takers, i want my winger with crossing of 19 taking free kicks from crossing positions and my striker with 18 for free kicks and PPM of 'Hits Free Kicks With Power' taking them from 25-30 yards out. It would be nice to have them both stand over the free kick and then let them choose between themselves, so one could act as a decoy- leaving the defending team wondering whether 'player x' is going to hit it or 'player y' is going to cross it.

Another thing I'd like to see is during a game when a player takes a knock and get's a green cross over his head, you can click on him and it'll tell you what kind of injury it is. Is it a facial injury which will need stitches or is a pulled hamstring which ideally would result in me bringing him off to stop it getting worse, or if i'm desperate I could leave him on but run the risk of making the injury worse. At the moment there is no way to tell whether it's a bruised head or a thigh strain.

Also PPMs for Keepers, maybe like 'stays on goal line' or 'prefers to punch' or if he's a sweeper keeper then something like 'likes to sweep up behind his defence'. (I'm sure someone else could think of some more suitable PPMs)

And one more thing, it would be good to see fans reaction to a takeover / ownership, do they bend over and take it like Liverpool and Man City or do they protest like United fans? With takeovers more and more common and some clubs having to operate with a heavy debt it would be nice to see fans reactions, do they stay away, do season ticket sales drop, if prices increase- what's their reaction, do they get angry at any refinancing, do they call for the owners to step down ultimately having a big say on the way things are run?

Yid Army
31-03-2010, 18:40
I think difficulty levels should be in.

However, I do not think they should have any effect on the match engine at all - it would be hard to code, lead to bugs and plain wouldn't work. However, they could be in without changing any in game calculation - just get the game to hold users hands a bit more.
For example: You are in match and the assistent comes up with advice relating to us losing the ball too often due to poor short passing, and the user should play more direct.

Very easy - the message comes up as (say we are man utd vs chelsea): 'Our passsing has been poor today. In particular, we have misplaced far too many short passes, especially from our centre-backs. To solve this you should play a longer, more direct passing game, making sure our centre-backs are told to quickly clear the ball upfield.'

Easy: 'Our passsing has been poor today. In particular, we have misplaced far too many short passes. To solve this you should play a longer, more direct passing game'.

Normal: 'Our passsing has been poor today. In particular, we have misplaced far too many short passes.'

Hard 'Our passsing has been poor today.'

Very Hard: Assman advice disabled.

This could be implemented in many areas of the game, from choosing your club, to making your tactics, signing staff, picking your team, transfer negotiations, and many others. On very easy, you will be practiclly told what to do, good for those who know little about football and need lots of help at the start. On very hard, you will get no advice at all - it is all down to your judgement. One other key point - on the easier difficulties, the game should help you get a very good assman (maybe even a perfect one on v.easy) so that he won't give you nonsence advice, even if you are in the BSS/N.

Thoughts?

grade
31-03-2010, 23:06
Levels.

I mean just had two levels:
Normal or easy - the level is for the casual gamer that want to play a few hours without much micromanaging and have fun
So You Think Your Manager? - This is a hard level for hard core gamers, where you micromanage and so on.

ron6632
01-04-2010, 00:49
The Football Manager Coaching Badge System
When the user starts a new game, they can choose whether they'd like to study Coaching Badges or not - or, if they've previously completed them, they're already assumed to have gained them.

These badges would take place in the period shortly before pre-Season and would combine a talk through of how tactics affect games and highlight, with examples, all the options available to a player. They would also be interactive and maybe even include an exam at the end - to show you were paying attention. This would allow the player 'risk free' time to play around and experiment with the match engine and learn the very basics of the game at least in an 'encouraging' environment.

There would be different ranks dealing with differing levels of tactical subtlety but would be an immersive way of drawing the player in to the game and making them feel as though they're learning as they go. It wouldn't need to be a massive section of the game, maybe 10 mins per badge, 3/4 badges, each one just finessing what's been learnt previously.

Just a thought anyway.

Very interesting concept. Food for thought :thup:

Crystale
01-04-2010, 09:48
1) I would really like to be able to get more involved in the financial part of he club. I imagine it could be done by implementing a new "Chairman-Manager Mode" or something like this. I know that's a difficult thing to implement, but it will add a great amount of depth to the game. Just think about investing yourself into stadium/training facilities etc.

2) I would also like a view from above of the stadium area. This, in connection with the possibility to expand the stadium add bars and pubs, ticket shops and so on would be great (like in Ultimate Soccer Manager series).

3) SI should really think of something to do with the money earned as manager.

4) I would like to be able to create yourself some setplays. It's really something when you see your players scoring from setplay routines created by you.

dan_lcfc
01-04-2010, 10:01
1) Fans reaction to cup ties.
You get a message before the cup draw of who the fans would love to get drawn against (rivals, easy ties etc) and one after saying what they think of the draw.

2) Watch the players line up before a game.
I would love to see the players lining up and shaking hands as they do before a game IRL. Instead of just walking onto the pitchand standing in formation. Also for the players to spend a bit more time on the pitch afterwards. Shaking hands, applauding the fans etc.

3) Flair and technique shown in the ME
Players doing stepovers (at least) and other skills to get past players. Not just running past them as though they aren't there.

4) Some better ball boys? Or a multiball system for higher leagues.

Delvor
01-04-2010, 11:19
Have RPG like coaching stats for the user been noted? We seem to start at a disadvantage compared to other managers as it seems we're one coach down. They could change over time depending on various things such as how we implement our training, we could create the stats at the beginning chosen in a point buy way.

kevgaleuk
01-04-2010, 15:01
Couple of things:

1 - Could SI include an option of "would listen to offers" for players - a sort of transfer list half way house. I am sure IRL scouts know who manager's would listen to offers for but aren't officially transfer listed. In my game I have a couple of players who will eventually get offloaded but for now I don't want to list them and potentially ruin their morale. Would seem indicating a willingness to listen privately could tempt teams into bidding?

2 - Press-Conferences. There are a million view on these on here and I am sure SI are all over this. I don't subscribe the the "remove them" views as all managers have to interact with the media. My views are just that they are way too limited, predictable and repetitive. I feel that they need to grow with the manager but above all can SI do something about the following questions:

> You've had a 2 week break how do you think it will affect your team - err we haven't it was internationals so as a big club my players are coming back tired/injured etc

> Your players have a real eye for a goal (when you've just lost) - just seems totally irrelivent (yes we do but we couldn't defend for toffee!)

> You've managed to keep your unbeaten record going [with the answer of yes each win...] (when you've just drawn) - this at least needs to be split so that you can talk about remaining unbeaten of talk about continually winning

> Title Rivals (being based on pre-season predictions when the team are in 7th etc) - surely this should be dynamic to change to your actual rivals?

3 - Fan's Reactions. Some of these are just unrealistic i.e. playing as lower league clubs punching above their weight and fans being "disappointed" with an away draw against Man Utd.

Personally I am not sure how often these should be displayed - might sit better in the backroom meeting/chairman meeting (new option)? i.e. A coach advising that over the past X weeks fans were happy with A results, satisfied with B results but unhappy with C results.

I also think the reaction needs context. I.e fans unhappy at losing to a team when you've played Kids (Carling Cup etc) - fair enough to express a wish of more senior players being involved however I have never seen negative comments when Arsenal drop out of the Carling Cup early IRL

On a more fundemental aspect can the players they'd like to see be made accurate. I have a CM who is also a CB and when he has a bad game playing at CB the fans suggest that one of my CM's should have played rather than another of my CB's

Cochese
01-04-2010, 15:38
I've got a few for this, some pedantic, some not so, lets hope those SI developers are reading ;)

In no particular order;

1. Dugouts: The dugouts should be at the bottom of the in-match screen so the way that you are facing is the way the dugout is facing. As a manager I would like to think I would spend most of my time in the dugout but for some reason FM puts us in the stand opposite the dugout. Very strange.

2. Training rest: I am sure it used to be an option to rest players on the day after a match. Now after each match I have to click the player, click training, click rest for one day, move to next player, tedious. I don't even want to rest the whole squad, just the outfield players involved in the match.

3. Opposition instructions: I use this quite a lot so instead of drop-down menus which again is tedious how about a list of the players with the options presented as tick boxes across the screen. Hard-tackling on Rooney, tick; Closing down on Lampard, tick; etc. Much less time consuming.

4. Traditional team ends: Home teams shoot into their own fans in the second-half in about 95% of games. In FM its as random as butterfly jelly.

5. Additional languages for managers: If I want to be like Mourinho (at least in language skills) why can't I be?

6. The European Home-grown rule: According to the UEFA website the home grown rule is 8 players trained in nation and not 4 at club, 4 at nation http://en.archive.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/kind=65536/index.html please, please, please can this be corrected?

OK, so maybe they are all a bit pedantic but as players of MLB The Show will testify, its the culmination of all the little things that makes the big thing all the more beautiful :)

storydan
02-04-2010, 04:25
Just building on the above post

3) SI should really think of something to do with the money earned as manager.

One thing I thought about while playing my Barcelona save is how long it takes to learn a foreign language. I reckon this should be tweaked a little.

You should be given the option of using your earnings to learn a foreign language at any stage of the game. Obviously if you are managing in Spain you'd want to learn Spanish. Depending on how much you've got saved up will determine how expensive and professional you can afford, and thus how quickly you can learn the language. For example if you are managing Barcelona on £50,000 a week you can afford professional language coaches (and possibly a translator to help you in the short-term in the dressing room) and so you can grasp Spanish quicker. If however you are in charge of a lower league Spanish club and you haven't got that much saved then it'll take you longer to learn Spanish and thus make conveying your tactics to your players harder.

You can also use this to learn a foreign language prior to moving abroad so you at least have a basic grasp of the language before you take over at a club. In addition to this if you sign a player who doesn't speak the same language as any of the players, but would be a star for you then you can learn to speak their language in order to help them settle in to their new club.

pleming
02-04-2010, 05:27
Some wishlist items for National Team management...

Training camps... Even for a short few days between selecting the squad and the game... This would allow the players to get accustomed to the tactics the National Team runs. Right now, it seems as though a coaching staff for a NT is useless... Perhaps the assistant coaches can 'rate' the players based on the few days of training to help with match squad selection.

Watch Games... I like being able to attend games, but having to 'watch' them is annoying. It'd be nice to be able to virtually attend a match, and send assistants to other matches and get scouting reports.

Scouting Reports... It sucks that we can't see them easily as with club.

Better Interaction... To be able to ask a player to learn a new position (i.e. ask a CB to learn SW for National Team would be useful). Also, being able to answer why you left a player out of the squad for a friendly with something like 'I'm just giving someone else a run out, he's still in my first team plans'.

National Pool... This is the big one... I'd love to revamp this thing completely. Basically, I'd like to see some Depth Charts by position (i.e. like in the manager home screen with the multiple windows, you can use each as a list of players and each window is customizable. So I could label one 'Centerbacks', another 'Box2Box Mids' etc. and import players into them accordingly... Also, the ability to 'label' a player would be nice... so when looking at the main squad list or in the national pool list, you could see a label like 'auto' as in automatic selection to the squad, 'rotation' as in they will rotate with a few others to find out who will win the final spot come the 'big matches'... and 'future' as in someone who isn't there yet, but might rush their development a bit by giving them senior team playing time... basically like in club management with 'squad status'...

Development Impact... I'd like to have more of an impact on things. I know some National managers are responsible for getting younger players noticed by larger clubs, which helps the growth of the player. It'd be nice to know that you can 'showcase' a young star and get them moved to a bigger club and even just having given them playing time on the National Team should boost their development.

Anyhow. I love National Team management in the game, but it would make it much more playable with some add-ins... especially the national pool and labels- it seems as though utilizing the squad status and scouting reports from club management would be transitioned easily enough. Same with upping the player interactions.

apcbos
02-04-2010, 09:27
I'd like to select a "preferred teams list" of clubs whose job I would apply for if I go on holiday. That way I don't keep having to come back from holiday every time Barnet, Rotherham or some other god forsaken team want me.

scottycm
02-04-2010, 09:34
The match engine needs to be more realistic, even small things like the ball bouncing of the ad boards through back of the net is annoying.

Striker475
02-04-2010, 13:39
Teamtalking subs - The one thing that ****es me off immensely is not being able to give oncoming subs a teamtalk through the main tactics screen! You can only do it through the quick sub option, which I barely use as I tweak as I sub.

Vic Taylor
02-04-2010, 20:19
Teamtalking subs - The one thing that ****es me off immensely is not being able to give oncoming subs a teamtalk through the main tactics screen! You can only do it through the quick sub option, which I barely use as I tweak as I sub.

I believe you can do this. Go into the main tactics screen, make the change, and the 'Team Talk' sub menu should light up. Click on it, and give the team talk.

thebigman1985
02-04-2010, 21:32
i would like the big clubs like man u/arsenal/chelsea not to become rubbish in the first couple of seasons and remain quite dominant

in the last few fms i've found that the top 3/4 always become pretty poor too quickly

i know it's possible that they might slip up, but not in the manour it happens in-game

pedrofilipe.lourencosta
02-04-2010, 23:30
I want to hear Viva La Vida everytime my Hamburger SV scores a goal at the HSH Nordbank Arena..

I would like to see the top clubs be at the top in the 1 season at least. I've seen Frankfurt in the 1st place with 6 games to go.

Also, prevent top clubs - Inter, Milan, Madrid, Barça, ManU, Arsenal, etc from buying so many rubbish players. That's why the user always ends up dominating the game (with a much smaller club) after a few years.

silva_gunner
02-04-2010, 23:31
Rename FREDs/Newgens/Whatever their bloody name is 'Neps'

pedrofilipe.lourencosta
02-04-2010, 23:40
Press conference.

I can say one thing to the press, but have a completely different speech to the team..

i can say "there's no way we're going to win this one" or something like that in public, but say to the lads that we can take them down. It makes mind games impossible at a press conference.

wakesta
03-04-2010, 19:53
I would like to see in FM2011, when you join a club you get to meet the chairman or board and put together a plan etc ie set objectives or could be a 5 year plan or 2 year plan dependent on which club you joined

Tofu2g4
03-04-2010, 21:52
Inviting team/player/president to an elegant restaurant for dinner. Why? Christmas with team. Individual problem of player. Discusing team status with president. Simple but quite cute. :)

kevgaleuk
05-04-2010, 14:31
Is it possible to implement the ability to offer other interested clubs a player on the same terms as you have agreed with 1 club? For example:

I have a player who is not transfer listed but I am prepared to listen to offers for. A club comes in an I negotiate the acceptable fee/add-ons etc and accept a bid. Now because he is not listed the other interested clubs do not come in so can it either:

Increase the likelihood of other clubs coming in for him

OR

allow me to offer the same terms to the other clubs without necessarily listing and annoying him

trigz76
06-04-2010, 09:28
Something I'd love to see for next year's game is the ability to design your own stadiums, and modelling of the stadiums that already exist in the game. It would add to the match day feeling to actually get the feeling of playing in eg. San Siro instead of the generic stands we have now. Also, I'd like to have the option of more camera angles where you could see more of the stadia. All doable I'm aure.

Eugene Tyson
06-04-2010, 11:05
Something I'd love to see for next year's game is the ability to design your own stadiums, and modelling of the stadiums that already exist in the game. It would add to the match day feeling to actually get the feeling of playing in eg. San Siro instead of the generic stands we have now. Also,

Is this "Architect Manager"?

Also, I'd like to have the option of more camera angles where you could see more of the stadia. All doable I'm aure.

I've wanted more camera angles too - I had a poll about it.

360 control of view with zoom was a winner I think.

phd_angel
06-04-2010, 15:35
I'd like the remote possibility of physical violence among players, or a nude spectator invading the field (less than 0.01% chance).

I'd like to see additional graphics and videos, such as the country map of where the club is located. Celebratory videos (with fireworks and party, interviews) when my club is champion. More fancy visual stuff (as long as it doesn't affect computer performance).

Better shields for South American clubs. I wonder why Flamengo or Sao Paulo don't have their real shields displayed..

These are minor tweaks really. The game is great!

dezeman
06-04-2010, 16:07
Before you decide on which club to manage it would be useful if you could have some basic financial information. For example, it would help to avoid choosing a club where the only thing you can do is to get rid of players at the start of the season in order to reduce the wages to within the budget laid down by the Board. While some people may enjoy such a challenge, not everybody does and it can be an irritating waste of time having to start all over again.

One solution for this is to save your game at the 'choose a club screen'. This is what i do so i can start a new game quickly without having to load the whole database...

Katarian
06-04-2010, 21:10
Would it be possible to get more options when accepting loan offers for your players. Currently if you offer a player out on loan and 20 or more clubs come back with offers you only have the option to accept all loan offers for a player. Now I have to go through each offer seperately as otherwise I am accepting loans with future fees attached which I don't want. It would also be nice to able to automatically accept additional loan offers based on the squad status, so I can accept all the valuable member offers easier.

WDM30
06-04-2010, 23:05
U18/19 and Reserve players should be able to become each other's favoured personnel. I had a AML and AMC who were together solely responsible for winning the U19 league with the AML giving most assists to the goals the AMC scored. That sort of cooperation should result in them favouring each other.
Also staff should be able to build relationships with players and other staff members. I can imagine a physio becoming a favoured personnel of a player he helped return to his game. Also a player would favour a scout who helped him get signed by the club of his dreams, for example.

WDM30
06-04-2010, 23:13
I'd like to see stats for leagues and other competitions like a top 50 list with players who played the most matches in the particular league, and the same for goals scored. This would also be cool for clubs, now we only get to see the player with the most league appearances, a top 20 list would be a good feature.

batata169
08-04-2010, 14:28
Here's an article by jonathan wilson, and what he mentions is what I want improved in the game.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/apr/06/question-pressing-crucial-modern-game

Next, Id like to see more positions in the game, instead of the rigid positioning we currently have.

Id also like to see me having two options :

1. Roam from position. It's already in the game, and it tells the player to move around from his position looking for space.
2. Free Role: This is completely different from the above, as by giving a player this instruction you tell him hes free to roam ALL the pitch.

Then id like to see the option of being able to tell my players the specific space to run into, for example i can start in a 4-3-3 line-up and then tell one of my MC's to go to the space on the left flank, like iniesta and keita at barcelona.

Also, I'd like to see the CBs involved more in the build up play, at barcelona the 2 CBs are very important for building up the attacks.

Here are the passing statistics from the match against arsenal at the camp nou.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/barcelona-arsenal-passing-stats-xavi1.jpg

sims3
08-04-2010, 22:02
Academies and Centres of Excellences need to be introduced, filtering through the amount of money which should be invested eg smaller clubs can devote larger amounts to bring through better players.

Construct a philosophyto determine the type of players which come through ie the rating maybe general but stronger in say Arsenal - technical players, West Ham - passing etc

Employer director to administer the academy or coe and employs coaches, no need to have matches playing as these games are irrelevant and results are realistically not published anyway. Have all ages u9s to u16 (scholars or old school YTS after 16) all players greyed out but you have the option to sign the better players after ages 12 for example and offer contracts to more talented individuals.

Thoughts?

phd_angel
09-04-2010, 11:15
It would be nice if these suggestions reach SI team - any way to confirm this?...

My suggestions (as long as commercial and technical constrains allow them):

- add real pictures of maps, cities, stadiums, fans... (The game visuals is just too cold)

- add short videos: for ex., a pirotecnic show with crowd party, prompted when you win the national league (as it is now, the game is limited to a few telegrams sent by the board, and that's too poor).

- improve: off-side (urgent!)

- include more options of marketing, advertising, business features.

include some SIM-like elements onto the managers biography history.

As I said, as long as these suggestion do not hamper playability... Thanks.

Deisler26
09-04-2010, 13:04
I'd like to see positional oppositional instructions.

Example: I'm marking the right-winger in my own custom way. He gets substituted and another player is brought on. I reset the same instructions for this player, yet before they can take effect, that player has scored. However, if I had positional instructions, I could say 'Anyone who comes into that role, deal with them this way' so that I wouldn't have to re-do my instructions every substitution.

Deisler26
09-04-2010, 13:10
And as I've said before

When you take over a new job, you should be able to negotiate various clauses, such as upgrade facilites, bonuses for promotion, unsackable for first year etc etc.

Also when applying for a job, perhaps an interview with the chairman. How are you going to play? Will you follow the club's ideals? What's your long term goal?

TurkzZ
09-04-2010, 13:59
us as the manager should have more effect on a players stats, especially the mental stats, for example if the player has a good relationship with the manager his work rate is increased by +3 , if bad relations -3 or something along them lines, that way smaller teams with a g8 team spirit can punch above there weight as Fulham have been doing and as we have seen with Zamora.

also i know it could be viewd as going down a RPG route, but i feel there needs to be some benefit to getting a contract, maby being able to select an upgrade to the club, or something, as the money offered has no relevance or help to us

finally the news and media side has been pretty much the same since i can remember, except for a few pointless additions such as press conferences which after a while get annoying and the assistant takes them, and the transfer system needs allot of improvement , there should be more room to negotiate and more options

Eugene Tyson
09-04-2010, 13:59
What's your long term goal?

Score as many as possible?

TurkzZ
09-04-2010, 14:04
It would be nice if these suggestions reach SI team - any way to confirm this?...

My suggestions (as long as commercial and technical constrains allow them):

- add real pictures of maps, cities, stadiums, fans... (The game visuals is just too cold)

- add short videos: for ex., a pirotecnic show with crowd party, prompted when you win the national league (as it is now, the game is limited to a few telegrams sent by the board, and that's too poor).

- improve: off-side (urgent!)

- include more options of marketing, advertising, business features.

include some SIM-like elements onto the managers biography history.

As I said, as long as these suggestion do not hamper playability... Thanks.

yh i agree, while some of these can be viewed as window dressing etc, your right, fm does have a slightly cold empty feeling to it sometimes lol

sirgeordie
09-04-2010, 15:43
I'm just curious if longer-term contracts are going to be brought in. I noticed today that Reina has signed up until 2016, and six years is more than you can do on FM (it's here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8338536.stm). Obviously it would be difficult to tie players down for so long and they'd have to love the club in order to want to commit.

Anyone know why five years is currently the longest you can tie someone down for? Just curious if there's previously been any rules around it.

Beardeye
09-04-2010, 15:47

Example: I'm marking the right-winger in my own custom way. He gets substituted and another player is brought on. I reset the same instructions for this player, yet before they can take effect, that player has scored. However, if I had positional instructions, I could say 'Anyone who comes into that role, deal with them this way' so that I wouldn't have to re-do my instructions every substitution.

I agree. closing down always a DMC who is later moved to MC or DC is v annoying if you dont spot it.

Eugene Tyson
09-04-2010, 16:01

I said that earlier in another thread :thup:
(not those exact words but same idea)

JayScunnylad
09-04-2010, 20:50
some great ideas on here! more interaction is definatley needed with players and staff.

One thing I would like to see is MANAGERS PLAYER OF THE YEAR where you can pick out a player that you believe preformed outstanding in that season/year.
This could involve the player thanking you and maybe other players having a PR saying 'Thinks the Manager has favorites among the players' ect ect

That is a good idea, I actually added a player of the year with a manager vote to one of my network games a few years ago.

I believe that a few years ago, Football manager was beginning to attempt some pre-empting of real world events and situations (I mean bigger than adding world cup to the 2010 season lol). FM featured compensation for developing young players a full two seasons before the real world football media were reporting on these events.

Another example is the home-grown players rule, or set of rules which govern the FM world where such rules in the real world won't apply until at least 2 seasons time, or the player registrations rules.

it wasn't just pre-empting a FIFA ruling or two but also some interactions with players, referees or between clubs. Have you ever noticed how the real world of football will clamp down on things, or try to encourage other things every few years? I'm thinking of this season's "respect" campaign for referees and what i feel will be next seasons clamp down on diving (take it from me this is coming). Next season should also see a lot of attention being paid to ever younger players being stolen by international teams (Teen Brazilians being taken to Portuguese clubs and then selected by Portugal in internationals for instance)...

here is the thing, FM hasn't really being innovating in and anticipating things like this for the last couple of games. Fair enough they had all their time taken up with a work in progress 3d match engine but they need to keep the pace and keep things interesting with some more of that mythical intuition so lets put those features in, or at least make the in game media savvy about those issues.

One last thing, I don't fully agree with what most people say about player-manager-boardroom interactions. Some of these ideas are just too far out there, for example the manager has nearly no say at all in stadium expansions and quite often a manager will just confer with the chairman about a player, who will then go out and do the negotiating. That brings me nicely to agents, who live to inflate the wage bill for any player willing to pay 25%, who talk only to the chairman of a club or the man holding the purse-strings anyway! I'm all for realism but i still want to handle the transfers... get rid of that and i'll be walking like Keegan did!

Game difficulty should be addressed by having some sort of mass information sharing network that can provide support and feedback, competition and rivalry so that newer players can find out for themselves how to manage a side into the champions league from obscurity... oh wait, i think there is one. I am firmly in favour of support networks for these kind of games, whether that is using an internet forum or an enhanced Assistant manager AI who can handle as many aspects of the game as the manager wants, based on a tick box being checked... and there isn't much point in asking for that because it gets more in depth every year anyway.

JayScunnylad
09-04-2010, 20:52
some great ideas on here! more interaction is definatley needed with players and staff.

One thing I would like to see is MANAGERS PLAYER OF THE YEAR where you can pick out a player that you believe preformed outstanding in that season/year.
This could involve the player thanking you and maybe other players having a PR saying 'Thinks the Manager has favorites among the players' ect ect

Maybe a rating for how much the media rate you as a manager or like you,which could result in them constantly houding you in the press on your decisions in the tranfer market and other things and if the like you them constantly putting your name forward for other job vacancies

I agree. closing down always a DMC who is later moved to MC or DC is v annoying if you dont spot it.

I see that as bad management when i don't spot those things, or when i set instructions without having done some research into the type of player who is playing (like hard tackling a dirty diver)

Corkey
10-04-2010, 03:10
My Wishes for FM11 our all to do with the RPG (Role Playing Game) aspect of the Game :D

Better User Profile- I think that the user's managers profile should be 'improved'. By using the word 'improve', I feel it should be more like the AI's profiles. Being able to have favourite Personal and Clubs I think would be a huge bonus. Yes, I know that you can pick a Favourite Club at the start, but I feel you should be able to add Favourite Clubs as you progress through the game. (ie If you become a Favourite Personal at a Club, then you should have the option to add that club to your Favourite Clubs list). Same should go for People.

Also I think that our (The User) profile should have the same attributes as the AI managers. (ie. Having the Attributes - 'Tactical Knowledge', 'Attacking', 'Working with Youngsters', etc.) These Attributes should be rated upon our performance, whether that be up or down.

Real Life Football 'Talking Points'
This is something that would be hard to introduce, but If it were to make an appearance in FM11 it would be great. What I mean by 'Talking Points' are things like the introductions of new rules. Do any of you remember last year when everyone was talking about the possibility of introducing the 'Five Officials' to a football match. (ie. 2 more officials behind the goal, being able to assist the referee's on any Penalty Claims). Well I think that there should be the rare Press Conference where the journalists question us on our views towards these topics. Whether or not we think it is a bad or good idea and if we think that they should be introduce or not. The most recent 'Talking Point' was the Play-Off system to be installed in the Premier League. All the managers were asked upon their views upon it and whether it should or shouldn't be introduced. Anyway, I thought it could be a nice Feature :)

Keep the Same ME!
I feel SI should keep the current Match Engine and just make improvements towards it. This would save us from having lots and lots of bugs within the ME when the game is realised, and will not have to wait until Patch 11.3!

User's Past Experience
When we begin a FM Career we choose our Past Experience. When you choose International Footballer you have your International Stats. This is a great feature of the game. Yet I feel we should be able to have had a Playing Career. Of Course you shouldn't be able to choose your Stats. Yet maybe we should have the Option of what Teams we played for? Of Course we shouldn't be anything like 30 Goals a season and Moving from Real Madrid to AC Milan to Man Utd to Man City within 4 seasons! Yet maybe have a maximum of maybe 4 clubs? I feel this would be fun :thup:

Just a Quick Question, do SI check this thread for Ideas for the Next Game or not?

Wonky
10-04-2010, 23:44
Notebook
Currently there's a bug when you set a yearly reminder. It increments the day by 1 when the note occurs. That should be fixed.
I'd like the ability to export/import notes. It's a pain creating the same notes for every save I start.

Set Piece Testing
When you're trying to set up a good corner routine, you have to play matches to see if it works. Ideally, you'd be able to pick some players and test out your set piece tactics on the training ground, without having to wait until your next game and waste opportunities while you're experimenting.

pleming
10-04-2010, 23:51
How about Attacking shape and Defending shape out of the same formation/tactic... meaning, in the same tactic (i.e. MY TACTIC), I have an attacking shape of what is now seen when you use a 4-3-3 formation, but when we switch to the defensive half, a 2 forwards drops down and out wide and one mids goes to the hole so that we defend in what looks like 4-1-4-1 now.

So rather than seeing one single formation in the right of the tactics box, we see two. Then we can move the players around as we see fit- maybe it's better for one of the forwards to drop straight back rather than wide, and a midfielder kicks out wide instead... options like that...

so it'd look like this-

OFF DEF

--11--09--07-- = -------09-------
--------------- = ---------------
--10--04--08-- = 11--10--08--07
--------------- = -------04------
06--05--03--02 = 06--05--03--02
------01------- = ------01-------

And with such a thing, you could set two different roles- i.e. attacking and defensive roles... or more probably 'responsibilities'... Like your #4 would have defensive responsibilities of an anchor man, with attacking responsibilities of a deep lying playmaker... and obviously that's gonna be hard to find in one guy, so it would make sense to give a defensive anchorman more simple offensive responsibilities, like that of the current central midfielder defend role...

My point for this is that a lot of guys are great in some attacking roles that absolutely make no sense tactically for me... I can't have 3 AMC's on the pitch... For example- Kaka is obviously great in an attacking role in the AMC playmaker... but that means you have to give up something in the midfield to put him there. To allow him to roam up into that spot on attack, but drop back into a more sensible defensive spot in the middle of a flat four would be awesome.

This also applies to Liverpool, where clearly Gerrard is being used in defense as the MC with two DM's slightly withdrawn from him, but there is no denying that on attack, he slides WAY up, maybe even into a FC role.... being able to build a tactic around that would be great.

Thanks! I love FM 10!!!

Wonky
10-04-2010, 23:57
pleming,

Why don't you create 2 tactics? One attacking and one defensive.

lurkingwithintent
10-04-2010, 23:57
Notebook

I'd like the ability to export/import notes. It's a pain creating the same notes for every save I start.

Hope SI spot and implement that :thup:

I'd like the following:

Say the board give you 10 mil to spend. You spot a player that you know will improve the side, the scouts rate him, he's a future world beater. But his club wont accept lower than 11 million. I think you should be able to appeal to the board for the extra money to spend. The board would take into account his stats, age, rep, but also scout and staff reports, and if the position he plays in is one your club needs to improve on.

pleming
11-04-2010, 01:08
pleming,

Why don't you create 2 tactics? One attacking and one defensive.

Because I don't want to change tactics every time possession changes... I'm talking about when my team has possession, we are looking like a 433, and players have certain responsibilities (defend, support or attack) and when we are defending, they take a 4141 shape, and their responsibilities change... from support to defend, from attack to support, etc.

pleming
11-04-2010, 01:12
TRAINING...

I'd like to be able to train one specific skill... i.e. John Obi Mikel needs to work on long shots- if he did, he'd be my CM Playmaker in a support role, and I'd be happy as a fiddle. Basically, it's one stinking skill, and I'd rather not take him out of my training group for CM's and create a special training group just for him.

Plus, there is no guarantee that by pumping up that one area of training that this particular skill gets the benefit. I guess it'd be similar to asking a player to add or remove a 'special move' but not limited to just those extra traits... I gotta think that if a coaching staff put their effort into it, a guy with bad crossing could improve it, or bad marking could improve it.

Crb1986
11-04-2010, 02:03
1-Improvement on the training, like training moves of the team in 3d
2-Before making a substitution, put players warming up
3-A 3d view of the game from the bench
4-More variety of 3d stadiums
And please do not follow the line of TCM, i do prefer the more realistic management style of FM than the arcade management of TCM!
Thanks and keep up the good work!

Wonky
11-04-2010, 03:04
Because I don't want to change tactics every time possession changes... I'm talking about when my team has possession, we are looking like a 433, and players have certain responsibilities (defend, support or attack) and when we are defending, they take a 4141 shape, and their responsibilities change... from support to defend, from attack to support, etc.

I understand now. It wasn't obvious from your first post. :thup:

Swindon69
11-04-2010, 10:41
On the Reserves and U18 pages - please can we have their league details at the top of the page NOT the main teams position.

Swindon69
11-04-2010, 10:55
Full backs to track back and not suddenly run away leaving the winger to cross would be good too.

Da Most I
11-04-2010, 12:11
Home and Away team player stats? (not just combined) all competitions.

So you can see how your players are doing away from home.

Wonky
11-04-2010, 12:23
Home and Away team player stats? (not just combined) all competitions.

So you can see how your players are doing away from home.

Very good suggestion. I'd like that too. Also, on the player history page, it would be nice if we could have a drop-down menu to choose which stats we want to see. League only, all competitions, etc.

Cougar2010
11-04-2010, 12:32
How about Attacking shape and Defending shape out of the same formation/tactic... meaning, in the same tactic (i.e. MY TACTIC), I have an attacking shape of what is now seen when you use a 4-3-3 formation, but when we switch to the defensive half, a 2 forwards drops down and out wide and one mids goes to the hole so that we defend in what looks like 4-1-4-1 now.

So rather than seeing one single formation in the right of the tactics box, we see two. Then we can move the players around as we see fit- maybe it's better for one of the forwards to drop straight back rather than wide, and a midfielder kicks out wide instead... options like that...

so it'd look like this-

OFF DEF

And with such a thing, you could set two different roles- i.e. attacking and defensive roles... or more probably 'responsibilities'... Like your #4 would have defensive responsibilities of an anchor man, with attacking responsibilities of a deep lying playmaker... and obviously that's gonna be hard to find in one guy, so it would make sense to give a defensive anchorman more simple offensive responsibilities, like that of the current central midfielder defend role...

Players can't play in two positions, they have one position and then then different orders.

What you have described can already be achieved you just need to understand and work on the orders.

Where you place them in the tactics screen are their defensive positions, so you would line them up in a 4-1-4-1 formation then give them the relevant instructions.

Swindon69
11-04-2010, 14:31
I'd like the game to recognise you've been promoted as soon as it hapens with regard to attracting players to the club.

Swindon69
11-04-2010, 14:52
Also to be told when your club will allow more staff.

Viking
11-04-2010, 15:03
I want to be in FM11.

In the 3D match engine, that is. I want to see myself, the manager, waving my arms, yell at the referee, and talk to the players on the bench.

tom_numbers
11-04-2010, 22:48
I think difficulty levels should be in.

This could be implemented in many areas of the game, from choosing your club, to making your tactics, signing staff, picking your team, transfer negotiations, and many others. On very easy, you will be practiclly told what to do, good for those who know little about football and need lots of help at the start. On very hard, you will get no advice at all - it is all down to your judgement. One other key point - on the easier difficulties, the game should help you get a very good assman (maybe even a perfect one on v.easy) so that he won't give you nonsence advice, even if you are in the BSS/N.

Thoughts?

I thought this was partly reflected on past experience. Take for example, you manage in League 1 with no past experience - no-one will listen to you, and you'll have to prove yourself. Past intenational footballer, players are queueing up to sign for you, and your current squad is hanging on to every work you say.

Weaker lineups in the cup

I know you can sometimes get away with playing weakened teams in the league cup, and the board won't mind, but I'd rather the fans don't slate me if my "Wenger-ism" team of kids is narrowly knocked out by another Premiership side in the league cup quarters.

And I want the press to pick up on the fact that I played a weakened team, not ask me the next match if theres a risk my team will be tired from the midweek game that none of them played in.

DanTheMan999
12-04-2010, 16:01

so it'd look like this-

OFF DEF

My point for this is that a lot of guys are great in some attacking roles that absolutely make no sense tactically for me... I can't have 3 AMC's on the pitch... For example- Kaka is obviously great in an attacking role in the AMC playmaker... but that means you have to give up something in the midfield to put him there. To allow him to roam up into that spot on attack, but drop back into a more sensible defensive spot in the middle of a flat four would be awesome.

This also applies to Liverpool, where clearly Gerrard is being used in defense as the MC with two DM's slightly withdrawn from him, but there is no denying that on attack, he slides WAY up, maybe even into a FC role.... being able to build a tactic around that would be great.

Thanks! I love FM 10!!!

That is pretty much what wibble/wobble is. Would love that to come back.

I know it's said to be "impossible" and that you can do it with orders but it's too hard for a lot of people to do. A decent GUI designer for tactics to show where you want them to run and how you want them positioned is actually far more realistic, and how it's done in real life. Good old chalkboard.

However that's not my suggestion.

I'd love to be able to set my player instructions to actual players rather than positions on the pitch or at least be able to save a certain set of instructions as a template.

So for example, in my Barcelona team, I have Di Maria and Henry as my left wingers. Currently it's set to winger with a few tweaks for Di Maria. However, when I change to Henry I don't want the same set of instructions, and I'd really like some Henry specific tweaked instructions too. That way when I switch them over, Henry is played how I've set him too previously. It would mean that I could tailor my instructions to players quickly, as is again more more realistic than bringing on a sub to play exactly the same way as the last guy. It just doesn't happen.

Or, as I said, at least the ability to save a position's instructions as a template. Would make life a lot easier. As an added bonus, ability to import and export these instructions would be really good from a sharing side. Say someone has some brilliant instructions for Rooney, being able to share these with people.

As I say, the original would be much more realistic when implemented with shouts. A manager would tell his team how he wants them to play (team instructions) and then the players would play the way the normally would (player instructions) going on how the team instructions are set.

Anyone else like this? Obviously there are 5000+ replies on here and SI aren't going to read them all, so getting an idea of what the most wanted features are would be good for them and for us.

KnightedManager
12-04-2010, 18:51
I've probably put this in here before but if I have I can't find it. Didn't do really thorough in my search but meh.

I'm hoping for really in depth interaction with players -

Talk to potential signings, maybe offer to show them around the training facilities, or send your assistent or one of your most senior and well-known players to go if it is a low rep youngster. Explain to a young signing that they are for the future and will be used sparingly for his first couple of seasons, and that he is a big part of future plans rather than a single 'squad status' in the contract. Convince players to join rather than offer a higher squad status and pay packet. Tell your £25 million striker target that he's going to be the focal point of the team and that you need him to complete the squad, instead of the generic 'Key Player' role.

Also be able to develop real working relationships with your individual players. For example, a trouble maker with attitude problems at one club moves to your team and you curb his attitude and get him playing to his best (Anelka and Hiddink at Chelsea or Cantona with Sir Alex at United). Or a striker who is woefully out of form, you should be able to put your arm around and tell them you have faith in them, and discuss why he may be out of form e.g. concerned about pressure of a high price tag. Rather than at a team talk stage where it hardly has an effect. Forge much, much more than just it saying each others' name in the favoured personnel list. Being a great motivator of players, and inspiring players to consistently out perform their CA and PA. Maybe pick up a central midfielder who has been getting career averages of 6 and inspiring them to up their game so they get 7/8s every game, then it drops again if the manager moves on, or the player does.

Seige mentality. Get a squad that plays to it's best because of a loyalty and tight-knitted-ness created for/by the manager, think of Clough, Ferguson and Mourinho. Bringing through an entire team who perform as much for the manager than as for the quite cold and distant tactics or CA/PA numbers. Again, make it mean something far more than a line on the squad information screen.

Be able to consult senior players on tactics even of they aren't a coach, especially at lower league when an old-pro drops down a few leagues and you only have a couple of coaches to work with.

It's been mentioned before, but speaking to a player who is upset or unsettled, and trying to get it sorted quickly.

You look at real life, and you see the likes of Terry and Lampard who love Mourinho, Cantona's relationship with Ferguson, Gazza and Sir Bobby Robson, Brian Clough and many of his players, Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane for example. I wish FM could recognise this side of the game a lot more. Currently, we have generic comments that are force fitted onto every player with few exceptions.

pleming
12-04-2010, 22:16
I'd love to be able to set my player instructions to actual players rather than positions on the pitch or at least be able to save a certain set of instructions as a template.

Or, as I said, at least the ability to save a position's instructions as a template. Would make life a lot easier. As an added bonus, ability to import and export these instructions would be really good from a sharing side. Say someone has some brilliant instructions for Rooney, being able to share these with people.

In a previous version of FM, you could edit and add new 'templates' for player instructions... I wonder if there is a similar option now? It may require opting to go back to 'older tactics' screen and disabling the new roles system... but I totally agree with this.

I play a game with Chelsea, and when Joe Cole is at RW, I want a Winger setup with a few ticks here and there... but when Kalou is out there, he's also preset to Winger, but with completely different ticks... It'd be nice to not have to re-tick the ticks every time I sub or move a player on the pitch.

So it'd be nice to be able to select "Joe Cole RW" from a preset list when subbing Cole in... Basically, to not have to go and tick down 'long shots', movement to 'cut inside' every time would be nice.

agatto
13-04-2010, 11:55
i would like to see the leagues more real. for instance in the prem, teams such as aston villa,everton and totenham always get relegated when they are on the top end of the table in real life.

jordypark
13-04-2010, 13:53
I'd like to see the stats on our profiles have more of a bearing in game. For example, if you have a poor 'Hands on approach' stat then the players might complain that you don't spend enough time on the training pitch and become unhappy. Or if you don't sign many players of the same nationality as the league you are playing in, players of that nationality would be more reluctant to sign for your team.

thegaffer91
13-04-2010, 19:26
There are two things that I would love to see in future versions
1) the option to discuss a contract with a player before you agree a fee. This could work both ways, im sure it happens all the time in real life, it would signal to a club that you are willing to let a player go, you just arent happy with the fee and you want to negotiate properly
2) have an option to have a 1st team captain and a club captain. For example, i was manchester united. i wanted to keep Neville as 'captain' but as he wouldnt play much i put ferdinand as the captain, which angered most of the senior players. having this option would allow Nev to keep his position and still give me an option to choose my captain for my team

Carmi88
14-04-2010, 23:54
when u win the league on the final match day the players to celebrate, maybe even a little ceremony :3

ArsenalFan7
15-04-2010, 03:18
∙ The ability to play in more African leagues as it's clear to see that the influence of Africa on football is large. Countries such as Ivory Coast are bringing amazing players to the game and I would like to be able to manage in these countries without having to create/download a custom database.

∙ Improved regen faces because the current ones just look odd.

∙ The ability to have my scouts roam countries rather than continously restarting searches.

∙ I would like scout reports not just to be based on CA/PA when they are evaluated on their stars I would also like the factor of their attributes related to their position. If genie scout can determine a CA/PA of a players position out of 100% then surely out scouts/assistant managers etc can determine this aswell.

∙ Somehow more interaction with fans.

∙ I would like it if my players didn't forget a position they had accomplished and been training to learn for 2 years in a week if at all possible.

∙ I would love the ability to have a new kits each year as I feel having the same kit for many years is completely unrealistic.

∙ The ability to give a player a bonus if he manages to reach a certain milestone such as "Delfouneso has reached 100 League Goals". I would like to be able to reward him and give him a morale boost for achieving this.

∙ More interaction for important tournaments such as the World Cup... I'm finding myself just pressing continue... Seeing a few results and then eventually seeing the winner and that's it. I need it to mean more as the World Cup is hugely influential to players, fans etc in real life... I'm sure SI could think of somethings to make it feel greater.

∙ The ability to report a fellow manager if he is unsettling my player or whatever it is they report them for in real life, I forget.

∙ It has been said before but I want things such as celebrations for winning awards, competitions etc. If my player wins 'World Footballer Of The Year' I don't just want a message... I want to feel more.

∙ Although people may hate this I want a more social aspect to the game such as players partying before games etc

∙ I want to be able to see the fans and stands in the 2D classic camera...

Tui
15-04-2010, 05:59
Is it possible to see the overview of stadium in 3D. I know this idea has been introduced by another similar type of game developed by EA ages ago. You can view the stadium from external perspective and will be offered various options to expand it and this will depends on your budget.

hamzarie
15-04-2010, 08:00
I have two idea. But may be seem not too important... but still wish it to be there..
1. Is it possible any player that will come out for a certain year we played? for example we create a player that we know have potential in the future. and he is 12 years old... this is not a playable player in the game right? so may be there is some kind of button that we can choose this player to be shown in the game on certain year.. may after he is 16/17 year old later... would it be fun? cause you can make the young player in your country be at your game at a certain year...
2. I wish that a regen face can be change in certain year. What i mean is, for a certain year... his face will become older... i dont know if this too obvious, but for me... when you play for a certain year maybe 30 years played game... you will see that all player in the game have babyface... LOL...
Sorry for my english... :-)

grimbo88
15-04-2010, 15:19
Being able to do something with your wages like buy out the club and invest money. Also, build a ground the way you like it

dagoonerfan
16-04-2010, 13:36
An automatic Emirates Cup and Amerstaderm Cup

jxd
16-04-2010, 15:17
How about an "ignore this person" option? Every few weeks I get a news item that someone I have no intention of hiring wants to work for me.

SCIAG
16-04-2010, 22:34
http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=200921

Some good ideas re: further TC improvements in that thread.

Madipie09
17-04-2010, 11:10
what i think would be pretty cool would be if u had the option to go out for a meeting with the chairman/owner of the club every month or so, and by doing this you develop a relationship with him and during the meeting he ask's you questions, and if he likes ur answers, your relationship improves.
Then by having a good relationship, when you ask him for extra funds in the board room requests section there is a better possibility of him agreeing, but if you dont see eye to eye with him he will reject your request. Thoughts???

thesandman
17-04-2010, 15:33
That is pretty much what wibble/wobble is. Would love that to come back.

I know it's said to be "impossible" and that you can do it with orders but it's too hard for a lot of people to do. A decent GUI designer for tactics to show where you want them to run and how you want them positioned is actually far more realistic, and how it's done in real life. Good old chalkboard.

Wibble wobble was brilliant.

If it isn't going to be brought back (removed because it was abused to 'break' the match engine??) - then at least bring back a version wibble wobble that isn't editable, just to show what affect your instructions are having. A visual representation of what impact your changes are making.

I'd like the hidden stats attributes to be 'fuzzy'. You scout a bloke once, and - depending on the quality of your scout - the visible attributes may come up coloured red, meaning they are something like +/- 5 of reality. After a bit more scouting or time on trial for example, they might go amber, and be within say +/- 3. Green would be the ultimate, probably players at your club for some time. they might be something like +/- 1 of accurate.

Physical ones may become apparent quicker than skill based ones too.

Would certainly be more accurate of the fact that it takes quite some time to get to really know players abilities.

And there are inbuilt difficulty levels. Don't take rich sides, and don't trawl forums for players, tactics, etc, and import other peoples 'super tactics'.

I know not everyone does that, but plenty do and then complain the game's too easy.

Suggy33
21-04-2010, 21:39
A suggestion for International Management in general.

There should be a search function which allows you to see players who will soon become eligible for your nation, so for example, you can see how many days before you can call up Almunia or N'Zogbia for England.

Jenko_EFC
21-04-2010, 22:08
How about in your Team Settings you could have a 'Assistant takes control of opposition instructions' tickbox and he will automatically do them and automatically change for subs for those that can't be bothered to do them :)

Piadinaro
22-04-2010, 16:51
I think that beside new features there are some aspects that should be improved:

- the market of managers and staff, that it is not too realistic, often there are unknown managers that join top team, furthermore when the manager is joining a new club it should be followed by his favourite staff, as it happens IRL in 90% of the cases;

- the career of the manager should be more realistic: if I bring a team from fourth division to the premier league, I should receive more attention from other clubs than if I keep a team like Arsenal in 7th position in Premier League, but now it seems that the career of the manager in the game is more related to the reputation of the team that he trains than to the results achieved;

- the co-ownership for italian tournaments should be improved and it should be possible to switch off this feature using the editor of competitions.

Danny Dire
22-04-2010, 21:26
- the career of the manager should be more realistic: if I bring a team from fourth division to the premier league, I should receive more attention from other clubs than if I keep a team like Arsenal in 7th position in Premier League, but now it seems that the career of the manager in the game is more related to the reputation of the team that he trains than to the results achieved;

I would like to see more loyalty amoungst fans espsecially as you say when you achieve promotion with lesser teams. I can under stand if you get sacked after getting relegated with Newcastle but if you got a team like Thurrock to the top flight and then got relegated I think the fans/ board should be more grateful.

I would like to see a feature within press confrences to make "Statements" something like "I believe the club needs to invest in order to improve" which should either make the board invest more money in transfers or become angry with you. Aslo you should be able to say thing like "One day I would love to manage in Germany." or "To manage a team in the World Cup would be a great honour, I hope I am given the chance one day."

This i feel would give you a way of shaping a move away from your club and alerting other clubs of your ambitions.

Hunt
22-04-2010, 21:32
You should be able to criticise your owners every now and then, especially when they intervene and sell a player against your will.
Hes just done that to me :(

Piadinaro
23-04-2010, 02:55
- The height and weight of the players should be relevant in the game, they should interact with other parametes: height with heading and jumping, weight with strenght

- There should be introduced new parameters to define the skills of the players: ability in defending the ball (important for strikers that are target men) and ability in special movements (hat-tricks, overhead kicks...)

- it should be included the ATTITUDE of the player, if we consider for example two central defenders like Cannavaro and Nesta we should have that Cannavaro is the kind of central defender who likes to anticipate the forward, while Nesta is more attending the forward; the same for defensive midfielders like Mamadou Sissoko and Vieira, the first is always pressing, the second is waiting for the opponent; this natural attitude of the players should be seriously taken in account by the manager when he/she designs new tactics and give instructions to the players

- It could be introduced the experience of the player: at the moment this parameter is connected merely to the age of the player and this I think it's not right, it should refer to the history of the player (i.e. the amount of matches that a certain player has played in a certain league). If we have 25 years old player that played already 300 matches in Premier League, he should be more "experienced" than a player who's 33 but has sitted on the bench all his life... It is important also to notice the importance of having played several years in a certain category: in Italy fot instance many players of Serie A have big problems playing in Serie B, where usually are more efficient players less skilled but that played in that division many years.

- When I start a new career as manager, I would like to indicate not only my name, nationality, date of birth and favourite team, but also other things as: place of birth, favourite and disliked staff/players, disliked teams.

- The possilbility to insert as legends of teams also people that are already died.

- In the parameters of stadiums it could be added the name of the sector where are present the fans of the team (like Curva Sud for AC Milan or Curva Nord for Inter Milan) and the name of the fans groups (Delije, Brigate Rossonere etc.)

- more tactics available in the editor to be assigned to the managers and coaches; for instance in Italy many coaches play with 4-3-1-2 (3 CM and 1 OM) but in the game is possible only to assign to coaches 4-3-1-2 (RW-CM-LW and 1 OM) or 4-1-2-1-2 (DM, 2 CM and 1 OM)

- change the concept of playmaker that now is in the game, now is the typical offensive midfielder that receive the ball and tries killer balls, but in reality there can be 1-2 players for each team that were real playmakers of their teams, starting the action from the defense or the midfield and often they played in different positions (Sammer was a sweeper, Baresi a central defender, Redondo a defensive midfielder...)

- a more deep control of tactics, with every aspect under control, the definition of particular
schemes and movements of players

- a total control of trainings, with the possibility to define the assignments for every day of the week, to practice some particular scheme or special situations such as corners, free kicks...

Kingfluxx
23-04-2010, 11:23
2) have an option to have a 1st team captain and a club captain. For example, i was manchester united. i wanted to keep Neville as 'captain' but as he wouldnt play much i put ferdinand as the captain, which angered most of the senior players. having this option would allow Nev to keep his position and still give me an option to choose my captain for my team

i like this idea too...as it stands at man u, gary neville IS clb captain but over the last fw games ferdinand, fletcher, rooney and scholes have all been captain on match day.

Rupal
23-04-2010, 13:14
If this little point has been mentioned earlier, apologies for the repetition but there are 57 pages on the thread.

I wish that the transfer centre screen had your available wages and transfer budgets displayed on it, together with the total amounts that your current targets would take out of these budgets so that you could see how much money you had left before trying to sign another player. As things stand, you have to keep diving into different screens and it's a pain.

Rupal
24-04-2010, 11:43
I would also like to see a shout like 'Run it to the corner flag' or the equivalent in order to be able keep the ball when you're trying to hold onto a slender lead.

BrentfordJon
24-04-2010, 14:29
To be able to add new nationalities to your manager, in the same way that players can gain new nationalities.

roflbanana
24-04-2010, 23:31
On 2D Classic, if your at home and you've clinched survival/promotion etc, there should be lots and lots of circles with the letter 'F' on to indicate Fan, to make a pitch invasion.

jacek2015
25-04-2010, 12:11
Individual & Team training

In FM2010 assistants, in their team reports, tell us about how players play as a team. We can notice that more games we play the more well team play as a unit.

We could divide this teamwork for (example):

Attack
Counter Attack
Defence
Pressure
Corners
Free Kicks
Throw Ins (or Corners, Free Kicks, Throw Ins as Set Pieces)
(and maybe) Overall

Rated from 1 to 10 (for example).

Additional if we have editor to set pieces or prefferd team play they could appear as a separate team play (as Attack, etc.) to train.

We could divide training time by sliders or by blocks (1h of training) and for example we could set from 0h to 8h time for team traing or individual.

So for example our training schedule could look like this (for whole team and idividual player traing - 'counter 001' and 'winger 001' in this case:

Team 'counter 001'
[running]
[defence]
[Counter Attack]
[Training Match]
-----------
Individual 'winger 001'
[sprint]
[running]
[crossing]
[dribbling]

To make it less complicated and complex we could use sliders.

So now we could develope teamwork not only by plaing matches but also by team traing.

Additionaly we could "tweak" our team to specific way of play not only by buying specific players and using specific tactics but additionaly by sacrificing some aspect of our teamplay for other. So for example our team could be trained like this:

Attack 4/10
Counter Attack 7/10
Defence 6/10
Pressure 3/10
Corners 5/10
Free Kicks 5/10
Throw Ins 5/10
Overall 5/10

and Custom preffered play we builded and developed in set pieces/prefferd play editor.

for example

'wing attack 001' 4/10
'dummy attack 001' 6/10

Editor could provide a tools to set a place/sector of the pitch where the pref. play could be used, which players takes which roles in it, where they move, pass or shot. The similar way we could develope our own set pieces.

Frosty09
25-04-2010, 20:03
Chairman(looking for a manager):
1.you could look for a manager who has not got a job
2.be in negotiations with manager and club to discuss compensation,wages etc
3.you could get sporting legends to be your manager e.g, Gary Lineker,Alan Hansen, Charlie Nicholas and some people from Gillette SS.

you could also sack your manager after a poor run of form e.g, Brian Laws 2 wins from 17 games for burnley surely you'd sack him.

As Chairman, You could also give a yearly transfer budget to the manager for the season.

dking
25-04-2010, 20:05
Decent manager AI so we can play serious long term games. Forget trying to play a long term game at a high level as some of the AI big club signings are an absolute joke.

RTC
25-04-2010, 20:06
Id love to see some of the english non leagues added as if it wasn't for Super Bladesman non league update then i would not have brought the game.

Frosty09
26-04-2010, 18:58
Chairman(looking for a manager):
1.you could look for a manager who has not got a job
2.be in negotiations with manager and club to discuss compensation,wages etc
3.you could get sporting legends to be your manager e.g, Gary Lineker,Alan Hansen, Charlie Nicholas and some people from Gillette SS.

you could also sack your manager after a poor run of form e.g, Brian Laws 2 wins from 17 games for burnley surely you'd sack him.

As Chairman, You could also give a yearly transfer budget to the manager for the season.

I would love to get Tim Lovejoy or Jamie Redknapp as Manager of my club.
Gazza Maybe

lil82
26-04-2010, 23:49
1 lower league players with 20 attributes i came across a shef utd mid who had maybe 4 including stamina and workrate scottish i think.
2 transfer list is always the same on every save at start of game gago etc could do with variation
3 top valuation been 35mil for e.g messi i know you have to spend 100mil for him so why the 35mil value.
4 midfielders finishing needs to be improved some midfielders better goals per shots ratio then strikers.
5 ai managers bid realisticly will you ever get a 80mil ronaldo bid ,no summit like 40 at most.
6 i noticed you will nearly always get drawn a team in the cup if your playing them in league game before or after cup match
7 loan top youngsters a bit easier

Made Of Stone
27-04-2010, 05:50
I'm sure this has probably been mentioned before, but does anyone think an option to loan back a player upon signing them should be included. Say for example you're a Premiership team and come across a good young talent in the Championship...so you bid, but under additional clauses there is an option to loan them back. This would also work in reverse so when you sell a player you can include the clause to keep them for that season.

Suggy33
27-04-2010, 18:47
When on the team tactics screen, and you're deciding what to do with FK's from the left and right, they should be split up into direct/indirect or something similar. So that you can choose how your team take free kicks that are not in shooting range or are indirect, and how your team take direct free kicks.

Also, don't know if this already exists, but the back pass - indirect FK in area situation would be nice. It's never happened with me, but if it isn't in game would be cool.

ViG1980
27-04-2010, 19:03
- I want the long-term part of the game to be mint. Still too many big teams not snapping up young talent and playing 35 yr olds
- Better inernational part of the game
- More character to managers - make them play a certain way and use certain formations, buy certain players etc.
- Media - Improve this so that things like the above (manager/team character) are taken into account. Also, after a while, unless you spend vast amounts of time looking at other squads, you don't really know the stars etc - I think the media could help this with more rumouirs during the summer about players going to clubs etc.
- More team/player communication - still doesn't quite feel right
- Loan back a player after signing as M.O.S. mentioned above.
- More clarity on why tactics are not working. I can use a tactic and have 100 shots at goal yet lose a lot of games and not knowing why because when I get a tactic that works, things look no different yet I am finishing the chances I was previously missing (same kind of chances).

jeesh
28-04-2010, 08:51
Two that come to mind at the moment:
-Football has become such a globalized game these days that often talent comes out of nowhere. Its hard to track new players, and development of existing ones. Think of my team Valencia, who would think when they signed David Villa that he would become the player he is today. Similarly there will be many players who might be in the knowledge of wider audience but may turn out to be star players with exposure, training and development. Thus the Potential Ability should be flexible. I am not saying it can increase from -6 to -9 or 160 to 180. But it should be able to increase based on a players development.
-There is so much more to Football these days than the game itself. Players misbehaving, missing trainings, having affairs and what not. All these affect their game to some extent. If twists such as these are introduced Football Manager will become a lot more realistic. Because Football is a lot more than the game itself these days

davidj4
28-04-2010, 11:33
Here are some ideas

Physios

When your player gets a knock during a match, or your physio goes on to treat the player. He must must must must give the manager a report on the injury. The accuracy of the report could depend on the physios judgement.

So he says "Jimmy Bullard has a bruised knee. He's Ok to continue"

And occasionally his judgement is wrong and the injury is more serious. IRL, the Physio is in contact all the time with the manager.

The physio should have different attributes to other members of staff also. I don't care how good he is a judging player potential. I want to know about his treatment skills, fitness work, diagnosis ability, reliability, rehabilitation work, whether he is a risk taker or not etc.

He should be an integral part of the staff team, at the moment he has no impact on the game at all. Physios could be specialists for different types of things, so together you could build a physio team with joint specialists, rehab specialists, massage specialists or whatever.

davidj4
28-04-2010, 11:43
Chairmen

I think chairmen should have much more personality.

I want hands-on, interfering chairmen telling me to sign new players, telling me to cut the wage bill, telling me that I should be putting his favorite player in the team.

And I want distant billionaire chairmen who sign players without telling me, who have secret meetings with other managers behind my back.

Chairmen should make statements to the press about the club. 'Happy with progress', 'disappointed by manager' etc etc.

davidj4
28-04-2010, 12:07
Links between leagues

For example. The Scottish League signs a lot of players from:

Ireland
England
Northern Ireland
Iceland
Faroe Islands

The Mexican League signs a lot of players from:

Argentinia
Brazil
Columbia
maybe America? I don't know, but you get the idea

So when you run the Scottish league, it should trigger in the game that more players will be generated from those leagues. The manager shouldnt have to choose 'include all players from Iceland', or choose to run the league, it should be automatic.

grasu
28-04-2010, 12:18
I've seen a number of people here asking for difficulty levels and I can't agree more with that!! People will never be satisfied with the difficulty of the game, some will always complain that it's too easy others that it's too hard! Making difficulty a simple issue of choosing a team does not solve the problems that have come up! Personally I find the game way too easy in the long run, because AI managers still treat their teams as how they started - even though many of them are far poorer than they were! So I think it should go something like this:

1. Easy - at this difficulty level AI is only reactionary (it will do things to impede the player but with no other purpose), advice is high, negotiations are easier, the board is more forgiving, etc.
2. Normal - the AI has a clearly set goal in mind (i.e. win the league) and will do its utmost to achieve this, both when dealing with the players and the other AI users, advice is at a medium level and may sometimes be incorrect, negotiations need patience and time - using tricks to get player's attention helps, the board expects that you accomplish its goals by the end of your contract, etc.
3. Hard - the AI is ferociously persuasive of its goals - will play dirty, will come up with tactics to overtake you, will aggressively invest in making his squad better, will sport a huge backroom staff that will scout/consult all the time, advice varies by attributes (i.e. a bad assman will give you bad advice), negotiations are hard as nails - it takes 2-3 transfer windows to sway a player, prices are huge for top level stars, clubs hold on to their players, etc. - the board expects you to win if you fail to even remotely qualify for what they're asking you'll get sacked without much thought, etc.

Anyway this would imply fixing the AI which also desperately needs improvment. Long term games are pretty much non-feasible: the AI looses so much track by holding on to 30+ year olds, or by not buying players that a team managed by the AI stands no chance against almost ANY team manged by humans. The AI has no purpose other than blocking players from achieving the goals imposed by the board - the latter of which is WAAAAY too forgiving with AI managers- and so on.

Variable reputations for leagues - this has been a long term discussion and I know it's been mentioned here again and again, but I just want to throw my 2 cents in:D

IMO putting in difficulty levels and improving the AI will fix just about EVERYTHING that's wrong with this game! It's pretty much a perfect package as it is but if these two could just be fixed I could live without variable reputations ;)

roflbanana
28-04-2010, 13:04
When you've just scored there should be an option box, to do a long celebration, or if you need to win by a certain amount of goals, don't celebrate.

HarryMills
28-04-2010, 20:26
presidential elections every four years at certain clubs which changes EVERYTHING, including having the president make good on election promises and give you a new player/players etc, new approach to tranfers. everything really.

clubs not signing managers who dont play in the style they expect. Plus even If you won the league, say at Madrid but didnt do it with enough style they'd probably sack you. Ask Capello.

also if you are a top top manager who wins everything and you go to a lesser club, players should be willing, or more so, to go there who wouldnt otherwise. e.g If Mourinho went to Portsmouth for example, I'd imagine a lot more top players would be prepared to go.

make more of the manager generally and dont remove from favourite list just because you leave-especially if you've already got a stadium named after you!

please add more variety and make each club noticeably different, at the moment they are all the same, give or take rep and finances.

please also make more of the role of the president of a club, they can say quite a lot in the media and make demands, complaints etc. the game doesnt reflect this imo.

also should you have control over transfers at european clubs? maybe you could negotiate the amount of say you have depending on your reputation and how much they want you

again, make the game world richer and much much more varied.

tottivillarossi
28-04-2010, 23:55
I've seen a number of people here asking for difficulty levels and I can't agree more with that!! People will never be satisfied with the difficulty of the game, some will always complain that it's too easy others that it's too hard! Making difficulty a simple issue of choosing a team does not solve the problems that have come up! Personally I find the game way too easy in the long run, because AI managers still treat their teams as how they started - even though many of them are far poorer than they were! So I think it should go something like this:

1. Easy - at this difficulty level AI is only reactionary (it will do things to impede the player but with no other purpose), advice is high, negotiations are easier, the board is more forgiving, etc.
2. Normal - the AI has a clearly set goal in mind (i.e. win the league) and will do its utmost to achieve this, both when dealing with the players and the other AI users, advice is at a medium level and may sometimes be incorrect, negotiations need patience and time - using tricks to get player's attention helps, the board expects that you accomplish its goals by the end of your contract, etc.
3. Hard - the AI is ferociously persuasive of its goals - will play dirty, will come up with tactics to overtake you, will aggressively invest in making his squad better, will sport a huge backroom staff that will scout/consult all the time, advice varies by attributes (i.e. a bad assman will give you bad advice), negotiations are hard as nails - it takes 2-3 transfer windows to sway a player, prices are huge for top level stars, clubs hold on to their players, etc. - the board expects you to win if you fail to even remotely qualify for what they're asking you'll get sacked without much thought, etc.

Anyway this would imply fixing the AI which also desperately needs improvment. Long term games are pretty much non-feasible: the AI looses so much track by holding on to 30+ year olds, or by not buying players that a team managed by the AI stands no chance against almost ANY team manged by humans. The AI has no purpose other than blocking players from achieving the goals imposed by the board - the latter of which is WAAAAY too forgiving with AI managers- and so on.

Variable reputations for leagues - this has been a long term discussion and I know it's been mentioned here again and again, but I just want to throw my 2 cents in:D

IMO putting in difficulty levels and improving the AI will fix just about EVERYTHING that's wrong with this game! It's pretty much a perfect package as it is but if these two could just be fixed I could live without variable reputations ;)

That in bold is a terrible idea. I'd be unbelievably p1ssed off if it took me 3 transfer windows (over an entire YEAR) to sign any player.

I do like the idea about having difficulty levels though.

Here are some of my ideas from another thread:

think the prices of some players can be utterly ridiculous just because they are "important first team players", this needs to be addressed.

I'd like to see more details in the tactical aspect of the game. For instance, I'd to be able to tell my deep-lying playmaker specifically to spread the ball to the flanks, or to feed it to the striker.

I'd also like to be able to give players instructions, as well as being able to give positions instructions. Say I have Milner and Young in my Villa team on either flank. I'd set Young's instructions to beat the full back at every opportunity and get the cross in, whereas Milner would have a more defensive setting. I'd like to be able to tell them to switch flanks regularly throughout the game without Young taking on Milner's instructions and vice-versa (i.e. Young becoming more defensive minded and Milner trying to beat the full back).

Say I had a midfield of Scholes and Fletcher, I'd like for them to take it in turns getting forward rather without them having to "Switch positions" with each other, as it were. Fletcher would see Scholes has gone to support the attack, so he'd stay back, and vice-versa. Because I'd give Fletcher tactics to close down far more often than I would Scholes. Maybe have a "stay back when needed" sort of thing implemented for open play.

I'd also like to be able to challenge players. To be able to say to Wayne Rooney "If you score 30 league goals this season, you'll get a 10% contract increase".

duffy89
29-04-2010, 12:38
First of all, great ideas all around, I'd just like to touch on one of those frequently brought up: manager's renumeration. My mate gloated to me the other day that he'd managed to get the highest wage out of his club for his new contract. Well im sorry but isn't this a bad thing? Currently, the user's personal wages are a liability and therefore rendered meaningless - surely it is better to have a lower wage as it reduces overall expenses? Believe me I would love to sacrifice my wage for St. Johnstone and use it to fund a new signing!

If manager wages are to be included in the game they must serve a purpose and act as an asset to the user and I like the idea about using your wage in many ways. Perhaps owning a club is a bit unrealistinc, however, partialy investing in a new stadium or training ground seems likely. For example, if you did invest in a new stadium for your club, perhaps you could secure your name on the stadium as a result?

Just my 2 pence on the issue but I do think manager wages need to be looked at.

Watford_fc_4_lyf
29-04-2010, 20:57
Surely the best thing to do with managers wages is too use them to insure a manager is not sacked. You see it now with Rafa, liverpool won't sack him as it will cost them £20 million or whatever. This should be more true of the game.

fuhrerul
30-04-2010, 09:11
why when i'm playing a similar or superiour team and i'm dominating, scoring and winning without no problem one of my most important player gets injured? it's the game mad at my because i'm having a better tactic?:mad: i wish that this doesn't happened in future versions!

x42bn6
30-04-2010, 10:42
"Does laps of honour" PPM, for John Paintsil.

duffy89
30-04-2010, 13:50
"Does laps of honour" PPM, for John Paintsil.

How about being knighted ? In my game I've won more than fergie so its only fair lol! Imagine having that Sir... infront of your name :D

Jenko_EFC
30-04-2010, 16:25
How about in Team Settings a little dropdown menu comes up (similar to the reserve/youth manager) and asks:
Who would you like to give feedback in a match? You can pick anyone of your coaches, this means we get to have decent tactical feedback in-game without hiring an assistant who could be better used for motivating etc.
Which brings me to my next idea, how about instead of assistant reports next to a player's name on the UI for eg;
Name - Assistant's opinion of CA - Assistant's opinion of PA
we could choose a coach to give those reports without scrolling thorugh all my players' reports from that coach.

viiralx
30-04-2010, 18:23
Dynamic League REP please.

rod22
01-05-2010, 19:00
I think it should have a greater interactivity with the training sessions where the coaches closely followed the drills rehearsed plays where you create, train penaltys, shortages, and that we could see on the tv screen.

Suggy33
01-05-2010, 19:07
Have a situation where if a striker scores alot of goals it will improve his reputation.

For example, a BSP striker scores alot of goals, and is bought by a League 1 club. His CA/PA may not be good enough for this level, but because of his reputation for scoring, he still gets played and scores goals at this level as well.

Viking
02-05-2010, 11:01
Ok, so I understand neither SI nor the majority of the FM users think it is a problem that 16 year old regens turn up in the national U21-teams. How about an option in the preferences for us who want the game to be realistic?

"Unrealistic national U21-teams on/off"?

Fabio MVP
02-05-2010, 11:05
Dynamic League REP please.
And rivarly if I may add. :thup:

thebigman1985
02-05-2010, 13:00
In a previous version of FM, you could edit and add new 'templates' for player instructions... I wonder if there is a similar option now? It may require opting to go back to 'older tactics' screen and disabling the new roles system... but I totally agree with this.

I play a game with Chelsea, and when Joe Cole is at RW, I want a Winger setup with a few ticks here and there... but when Kalou is out there, he's also preset to Winger, but with completely different ticks... It'd be nice to not have to re-tick the ticks every time I sub or move a player on the pitch.

So it'd be nice to be able to select "Joe Cole RW" from a preset list when subbing Cole in... Basically, to not have to go and tick down 'long shots', movement to 'cut inside' every time would be nice.

agree! also with the switch player roles it keeps what u want for the particular player in the position he's swapped to

ozaniel
02-05-2010, 13:29
Fame of a player

If a club with national reputation buys let's say C. Ronaldo in age 34, season tickets and shirt sales should increase more and the players motivate themselves more because they are playing with Ronaldo.

Positive-negative football

From the match statistics a positive-negative football should be made. If a team makes more passes, has more shots, more attack players etc. they play positive football and it increases number of fans and fan's opinion should change.

sk2003
02-05-2010, 15:53
I'd like something subtle. Just playing my ManUtd save, and I get 3 messages simultaneously that VdS, Giggsy and Scholsy are gonna retire. So, I field them in the last OT game. I expected something nice come up in the end. You know the likes of "Giggs is getting a standing ovation for his services in the Red Devils shirt..." or something like that.

Along the similar lines managers should have the liberty to arrange testimonial matches for iconic players of the club from time to time.

A small nifty thing, probably cosmetic, but it goes a long way... :)

donnie
03-05-2010, 04:12
My wish..

Just adding small details to the game..

1. Adding a stadium reputation: some players are in awe when playing in the likes of old trafford, wembley (FA Cup), camp nou, bernabeau, maracana and the likes. Additional reaction from the players would be great such as.
a. Player A (played many times to these great stadiums)--"nothing unusual. Just one of those games"
b. Player B (will be playing for the first time) -- "I'm excited as hell"

I do think playing in these great stadiums has a an effect on players.

2. add some personal life in the game. like relationship, personal belongings like FIFA manager. It will not hurt to add these things. Thanks!

Blanchflower1
06-05-2010, 10:39
I would like SI to bring back the audio commentaries of matches! I remember that way back in one version of CM, you can actually hear the commentary of the match! That would be cool! With the advancement of technology, I don't see why this should be a problem now! :D

snowbird10
06-05-2010, 13:47
I am playing as the Fury in the A-League and I am very much a club that builds players and sells them on, I have to sell these players as when they improve the demand salaries that are far to much for my resources.

So naturally I cash in on these players and sell them before their contract is up, but this causes my players and fans to get angry at me. It would be great to have a response in there to try and justify your reasons for selling.

UAF_85
06-05-2010, 14:50
Would love to see more external factos e.g. riots and perhaps a few deaths now and again, resulting in expulsion from leagues etc. You know what I mean,

Chris Waddle
06-05-2010, 15:16
1) An extra filter in the staff search options for ex-players. I know it doesn't make any difference to their ability at a staff role, but I do like to search out ex-players when I am looking for a new staff member.
It would also be nice if having ex world class stars in your backroom staff would add to the clubs reputation. I am sure that in real life if you had two similar contract offers on the table and one offer gave you the chance to work with Thierry Henry, Jonathan Woodgate and Michael Ballack (these three happen to be in my backroom staff in my current save game) on a daily basis then that might swing it for you. I realise that them being ex-players doesn't means nothing at all for a staff role, it just looks better to me.

2) I'm sure it's been mentioned many times in the 58 pages but I'd really love to see changes to the post match conferences. I'm sick to death of the same 5 questions after every game. 9 times out of ten I never get to speak about the game. I'd love to be able to say things like 'we were great in the first half but poor in the 2nd' - Would work perfectly after the dreaded 'Pleased' half time talk.
I'd also like to say things like 'my defence were superb today'. There are times when my defence will be wonderful but the midfield and strikers can be woeful. I don't want to have to say that the whloe team performed well, or I'm not happy with the performance. It's not fair to slag off the whole team after a match like this or to say that they are all wonderful when this clearly isn't the case.
At least do something to change it around. As soon as I see the question about being linked with another player I know the conference is about to end. "You've been linked to...", "I'm not interested", end of conference.

3) Complaining about the officials. Why is it that I can only complain If my team loses and it's a very controversial decision? I want to be able to come out after the game and complain even if I win. I had a game the other night which my team won 3-1. I was livid though. One of my players was elbowed in the face and sustained a long term injury, no red card. I was denied one clear cut penalty with another possible penalty also denied. The after game report said that the ref had a poor game. Why is it then that I can't let rip at him? Just because I have won a game doesn't mean I am happy with the officials or the opposition.

4) I really like the touchline instructions but would love a couple of additions. I'd like to be able to tell my players to:
i) Stop shooting from distance. I have lost count of the amount of times when I am chasing a game and my team insist on shooting from distance (especially as 9 out of ten end up in row Z or scaring the bejesus out of the corner flag).
ii) Head the ball down! Okay, this is more to do with the new patch than anything. It's just something that drives me mad during a game. I am sick to death of seeing my players head ball after ball over the bar.

5) As has definately been mentioned before (and just a few posts earlier); giving players and staff of long standing, a far better way of retiring. As much as I can't stand Sir Alex Fergusson, it will be a huge thing for football when he finally retires. In this game it doesn't even get a mention.
I have had players in the past who I have brought through the acadamey and have played their whole career for my team. Whilst they might make it onto the club info page, nothing is mentioned at all about their last game. If the player had announced their retirement, it would be lovely if in the pre-match conference, before the final home game of the season you were asked "After 20 years at the club, having played over 1,000 games, it's player X's final chance to play in front of the home crowd. Will he be playing today?". Options such as "Damn right he will be and he will be captain too" etc would be great. The in game commentry could also be amended for such a day.

ellie05
07-05-2010, 09:05
maybe a trophy case.. like pic's of all the trophys you have ever won and awards

Tyrone2273
07-05-2010, 13:53
A wierd fetish of mine is to make a list of all players i win trophies with. Exactly same as the Managers win list (Cups and Leagues. I would like this feature to be added so you could see who the most successful players were. Would be interesting to see ??

YesYesOhYay
07-05-2010, 16:10
right no doubt all these have been mentioned because it is a 58 page thread but hear are my views:

1. MAJOR revamp of media conferences. Everyone says it, and its true. They are all identical and when they quote what you previously said it makes no difference. needs to be more in depth!

2. When people like Terry/ Gerrard etc are 28 they still start in most games. Youth players who are now at that point 22ish should be picked over them- surely?

3. International management needs changing. I find it really boring because simply there is never anything to do for 3 month periods.

4. Just because you disagree with a ref doesn't mean you should receive a warning. Managers moan all the time IRL even if the ref is correct and nothing happens

5. Off-the-pitch antics. Things like fan protests, bad behaved players, MAYBE fans clashes at rival matches. It will add a little more character to the game as well.

6. Anyone ever play USM98?? Probably the greatest manager game ever. On there you could make your very own tactics and set plays for scratch- this is a must be included in my opinion!!

7. Also on USM, you could be assistant manger/ 1st team coach. This meant you could take charge of line ups and matches but leave transfers etc. to someone else. I wouldn't personally use that option but if it was available I know some people would!

8. Appealing against red cards. Your assistant should give you an in-depth write up of the incident so that you can decided whether it is worth appealing or not.

9. Scrap P.A- Hidden stats along with how you develop youth at your club (training/matches etc) is all you need. Some players with -9 P.A will reach it, even if they are at a below standard club. If a team doesn't have the facilities required to train a player to world-class stardom, then it simply wouldn't happen.

10. Transfers: E.G: Derivite on market for £450 000. So I make a bid for that plus incentives and then Spurs comeback saying they want at least £1.2million. How does that work!!?

Pretty sure there is more but thats all I can think of!

Jenko_EFC
07-05-2010, 17:03
right no doubt all these have been mentioned because it is a 58 page thread but hear are my views:

1. MAJOR revamp of media conferences. Everyone says it, and its true. They are all identical and when they quote what you previously said it makes no difference. needs to be more in depth!

2. When people like Terry/ Gerrard etc are 28 they still start in most games. Youth players who are now at that point 22ish should be picked over them- surely?

3. International management needs changing. I find it really boring because simply there is never anything to do for 3 month periods.

4. Just because you disagree with a ref doesn't mean you should receive a warning. Managers moan all the time IRL even if the ref is correct and nothing happens

5. Off-the-pitch antics. Things like fan protests, bad behaved players, MAYBE fans clashes at rival matches. It will add a little more character to the game as well.

6. Anyone ever play USM98?? Probably the greatest manager game ever. On there you could make your very own tactics and set plays for scratch- this is a must be included in my opinion!!

7. Also on USM, you could be assistant manger/ 1st team coach. This meant you could take charge of line ups and matches but leave transfers etc. to someone else. I wouldn't personally use that option but if it was available I know some people would!

8. Appealing against red cards. Your assistant should give you an in-depth write up of the incident so that you can decided whether it is worth appealing or not.

9. Scrap P.A- Hidden stats along with how you develop youth at your club (training/matches etc) is all you need. Some players with -9 P.A will reach it, even if they are at a below standard club. If a team doesn't have the facilities required to train a player to world-class stardom, then it simply wouldn't happen.

10. Transfers: E.G: Derivite on market for £450 000. So I make a bid for that plus incentives and then Spurs comeback saying they want at least £1.2million. How does that work!!?

Pretty sure there is more but thats all I can think of!

1. Press Confrences do the job in my opinion. They are there to raise morale and that sort of thing, if you want more questions go download something I'm sure someone released something a while ago.

2. Why would you pick a 22 year old player past Gerrard or Terry at their peak!

3. What do real international managers do? They go to games and watch how their country's players are doing watch extended/key highlights of players who just might make it into the squad.

4. Just say no comment, most managers do get punished and it's the FA's fault they don't really however you can get away with it sometimes on FM.

5. Licensing issues I think.

6. Use duties as a general guide to where a player will run to and make your own set plays.

7. It's called Football Manager

8. Just watch the incident and appeal anyway.

9. So you're saying if I went to train at Barcelona and play all the time for them no matter how bad I did I would end up world class, no I'd be rubbish because I'm awful compared to them and no matter how much training I did I would never be as good as them.

10. That's his value not asking price.
Sorry if you thought I was having a go, just pointing out a few things :).

SuperSpurs1980
07-05-2010, 17:05
Improved commentary if possible !! The new SOK pack has got some quality lines in there that aren't OTT and improve/create more drama when they should. I'd love it if SI took some of the files ideas onboard plus more of course !

SuperSpurs1980
07-05-2010, 17:08
(Toe Mouse)"Also more interaction with players, tell them what you expect of them as individuals at the start of the season, I'd love to be able to tell my young keeper he'll be back up but play all the cup games and a hand full of league games or my aging centre forward he will become a bit part player / impact sub. And also regarding training, I'd like to specify to my striker i'd like to see him work more on his heading or my keeper to work on his kicking."

I think this is also a great idea

grade
08-05-2010, 00:42
1. Press Confrences do the job in my opinion. They are there to raise morale and that sort of thing, if you want more questions go download something I'm sure someone released something a while ago.

Press Conferences only serve for one thing and one thing only, they only serve to sell newspapers. Why? Because if you watch Press Conferences before and after the matches is basically the same that no one cares about what people say in it. Some people like to hear post-match press conferences, because of the review the coaches make about how the match went.

I think Si is giving too much attention to something that also in real life is pointless. I prefer they do focus in few things more important, like transfers, the ME or AI management.

StevoRobbo
08-05-2010, 02:57
I'm sure this has probably been mentioned before, but does anyone think an option to loan back a player upon signing them should be included. Say for example you're a Premiership team and come across a good young talent in the Championship...so you bid, but under additional clauses there is an option to loan them back. This would also work in reverse so when you sell a player you can include the clause to keep them for that season.

You can do this already. When you bid for the player you can set the transfer date from 'next available' to 'end of season'. Hope this helps :thup:

Eralmidia
08-05-2010, 08:59
First off, since I'm Norwegian, please excuse any grammatical errors :p
Some thoughts:

- Match engine: If I remember correctly from last years blogs, SI hired a developer with extensive experience in 3d football development. A whole year with this guy should mean that we will get a satisfying upgrade. Personally I really hope they do something about the actions of the gk's. They do some pretty strange things now and then. Also, skip the part in highlight mode, where you watch a player using like 10 seconds to get the ball for a corner. Genereal graphics improvements would also be appreciated, but maybe not to the extent that people with slower computers suffer a lot.

- Wage spending: Now, I see this one is heavily debated. What we can agree on is that wage negotiation for managers are rather pointless now. I read in some post here that SI stated they weren't going to implement this feature. I really hope this is wrong. I like the ideas of using money to increase your stats, learning languages and so on. Buying a part of a club is ok I guess, but I do agree that this is Football Manager, and not Football Chairman, or Football Coach for that matter. In my opinion both those games would become boring pretty fast. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing some personal features like house and car, but I do understand those who oppose this. Perhaps some enable/disable when you start a new game? It should of course be a tiny part of the game, but I think most of us who want this, would like to have some goals that are not so "this season". How well you do in your personal life will reflect how good you perform as a manger over the years (and obviously how big a club you start with :p) As a side note on this topic, the board, could be better when it comes to long term plans as well.

- Player interactions: Probably my wish nr 1 this year. In real life we would spend a lot of time with our players, learning to know them. Again, this is not a request for a "sims component", but we should have far greater possibilities here to give the game more variety. I do feel the game is becoming kinda static after playing it (fm and cm) for nearly 15 years. This could also be increased to chairman, staff, fans and so on. More personality, more events and in general making the game more "alive".

- Trophy room: So many years, and still no implementation of this feature. Wow! :p Should be rather easy to make. May be some licensing issue here?

- Training: Needs to be more in depth in my opinion.

- Financial control: Again, tricky area, because quite a few want more control over this, while the fact remains that unless you're a Fifa manager, it isn't really our job to manage the finances as such. I must admit I don't know how this works in real life, if managers has any say in this at all. But perhaps the mentioned increased dialog with the chairman/board could open for options like asking the board to alter some budgets (except for the transfer budget).

- Stadium: 3d view of stadium and area around (traning, medical center and so on), and perhaps that some clubs will create a new stadium now and then?

- Youth system: Needs a revamp, especially the process of intake of new youngsters. Youth camps where you could watch potential players play a match or two, view their stats and approach them yourself would be cool.

- Press: I know talking to the press probably is quite boring in real life, but after all, fm is a game, and realism shouldn't choke the entertainment. Many addressed this last year, and it got some upgrades, but its still not enough. We could need more variety in the questions, but in my opinion this is not the main issue. What we need is more cynical and savage press, which remember things (yes, yes, I know they lauched this as a feature last year, and the press do remember some things, but we need more). Perhaps its time we got a real newspaper to read, and not just an inbox?

StevoRobbo
08-05-2010, 11:05
I think a trophy room shouldn't be too hard to implement. They already have the rights for quite a few leagues so if your only using a real life pic of a trophy in your trophy room it will be ok. This also opens the door for leagues that SI dont have any rights for. You can just get a real pic of the trophy and add it to the game just like any player or club badge.

In fact the whole licensing issue is a waste of time IMO. How much do SI pay for licences to include player pics, club badges and competition names? They make it easy enough to get around which to be fair is good of them. We already have readily available fixes for competition names, German natioanal Team, player pictures and club/competition logo's. If SI didnt pay for this licensing, they could put that money back into the game and we could all put these back into the game anyway if we wanted to.

Jenko_EFC
08-05-2010, 11:13
Press Conferences only serve for one thing and one thing only, they only serve to sell newspapers. Why? Because if you watch Press Conferences before and after the matches is basically the same that no one cares about what people say in it. Some people like to hear post-match press conferences, because of the review the coaches make about how the match went.

I think Si is giving too much attention to something that also in real life is pointless. I prefer they do focus in few things more important, like transfers, the ME or AI management.

Well then why are you saying they should be improved?

Frosty09
08-05-2010, 13:43
you should be able to manage under 21 teams

Frosty09
08-05-2010, 13:45
also count in the financial implications that relegation would cause e.g. just read about Kilmarnock financials should they get relegated.It would cost them £1.5m and they would need help from the bank of scotland. Put stuff like that in

Jenko_EFC
08-05-2010, 13:47
you should be able to manage under 21 teams

You can manage national under 21 teams but not club reserves although I wish you could...

Plan B
08-05-2010, 20:16
Ask players to come out of retirement, as in if Henry has become a coach you should have an option up to a certain age to convince him to come sign a short term playing contract with your team.

One thing that needs to be sorted is Rangers/Celtic managers, I won the league 5 times in a row as Rangers when this came out and Mowbray was still manager of Celtic. I am playing a new game and lost the title and all the cups and got a new contract. In real life, you get a MAX of 1 season without the title as an Old Firm manager really.

YesYesOhYay
08-05-2010, 22:18
10. That's his value not asking price.
Sorry if you thought I was having a go, just pointing out a few things :).

no it definitely his asking price. guarantee it! would print screen it but hes now been sold!

Jenko_EFC
08-05-2010, 22:22
Do you mean he is transfer listed and it said his asking price was? If so then that's probably a bug mate. :)

killakerr
09-05-2010, 00:49
Chance to be a youth coach for Clubs and be an Ass Man and take over the reserves, if the manager get sacks you get the job temporarily, if you do well you may get a contract if not you stay as Ass Man...

ancipital
09-05-2010, 11:46
Just a small one around team talks. The ones available to the whole team do seem quite flexible around the situation you're in, but not really for the individual players. e.g. the other day one of my strikers had scored two goals before half time in a match we were dominating. It would have been good if there was an option available that would have spurred him on to get his hat trick, maybe especially since he's never scored one before. The options available don't really do that neither on a team or individual basis and if I told him I was "pleased" with his first half performance I might as well have started the second half with ten men.

On a similar theme how about linking in the assistant's comments on individual performances in with team talks? Say he's noticed one player has given the ball away too often, you get the option to tell him he needs to focus, improve his passing etc, maybe even if the performance is bad enough have the option to threaten to sub a player if they don't improve quickly in the second half? I think there's a few things that can be done here.

Yallii
09-05-2010, 14:42
Why can't I filter non-playing staff on international apps? I'd like the idea of having ex-players as staff. The info is there, so why can't it be done?

Stefaan
10-05-2010, 12:29
Make all personal tactical instruction relative in the TC. So you could, for instance, ask your players not to shoot too much from distance, without having to put all their "long shots" sliders in the leftmost position. This would make adapting during a match easier. If in need for a goal you could, in this case, just shout "shoot on sight" without having the worst players trying to do so every time.

OneHotspur
10-05-2010, 14:27
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I'd like to have the option to take over as a current manager. For example, take control of Jose Mourinho etc.

Plan B
10-05-2010, 14:31
You should be able to interact with players that are declared for a nation, if they are eligible to play for your country you should be able to talk to them and convince them to play for you. Some players would never get capped yet are declared for their nation when they could play for someone else. I know it wouldn't work everytime but it would be a good little feature to have.

numbas2
10-05-2010, 16:17
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I'd like to have the option to take over as a current manager. For example, take control of Jose Mourinho etc.

YES! This is exactly what I came in here to say.

I don't care for creating myself really. Unrealistic. I'd rather continue the fine work of an existing manager. Or turnaround the fortunes of a fallen manager like Pardew or something haha.

I created Shearer myself and took the England job, only for Shearer to get the Everton job two years later. Nickname time.

This would be sooooo good. All the existing media items that can link in.

REALLY, please get this in. Not hard! ;)

numbas2
10-05-2010, 16:18

Why can't I filter non-playing staff on international apps? I'd like the idea of having ex-players as staff. The info is there, so why can't it be done?

Information should be retrievable and searching should be fully customizable to allow this information to be sought, and used for sort!

RonnyDonny
11-05-2010, 03:49
Id like to see disliked clubs & staff info

Piadinaro
11-05-2010, 09:26
A new training mode, more similar to the everyday-job of a real manager, having the possibility of programming the week of trainings and to try new schemes (that should be as well implemented in the tactics, big miss now).

I think that the tactical part and the trainings should be linked somehow, it should be possible to do something like that: http://www.soccerbible.net/Practice-Plans/combination-midfielder-4-3-3.asp

I would like that my player will do what I teach them in every playing situation, of course they will be more confident with the tactics as long as I train them to particular movements. As manager I will also supervise the work of other coaches, for instance I could have chat with fitness coach about improving the fit of the team or with physion about the injuried players, preparing a program to make them recover fastly.

I love FM but I think this aspect is a big miss in the game, in these forums I see that everyone would like to have a game as IRL and I agree with this, but before to do it taking care of marginal aspects I think this would be much more important.

StevoRobbo
11-05-2010, 14:05
A new training mode, more similar to the everyday-job of a real manager, having the possibility of programming the week of trainings and to try new schemes (that should be as well implemented in the tactics, big miss now).

I think that the tactical part and the trainings should be linked somehow, it should be possible to do something like that: http://www.soccerbible.net/Practice-Plans/combination-midfielder-4-3-3.asp

I would like that my player will do what I teach them in every playing situation, of course they will be more confident with the tactics as long as I train them to particular movements. As manager I will also supervise the work of other coaches, for instance I could have chat with fitness coach about improving the fit of the team or with physion about the injuried players, preparing a program to make them recover fastly.

I love FM but I think this aspect is a big miss in the game, in these forums I see that everyone would like to have a game as IRL and I agree with this, but before to do it taking care of marginal aspects I think this would be much more important.

It would be good if something like the tactics creator was made but for training. Something that will give you a simple breakdown of what you will get from your selections.

Also it would be good if they made it easier for you to change an individuals scheldule with more feedback from the coaches. If you have players that have been injured for a while, maybe get a message saying that players x, y and z could do with an increase in fitness training so then you could adjust them as and when its needed.

You already get notified by your coaches of any PPM's they believe they should learn/unlearn so a bit more feedback as to the training would be a big help.

For somebody like me that hasn't got a clue what the sliders and the clicks to the right/left mean it would help massively. If clicked 4 times for defending in my MC's schedule and its doing completely nothing, not even keeping his stats where they are, I want to be told to either increase it to get the benefit or get rid alltogether and use the extra points somewhere else.

Anybody follow?

Jason24
11-05-2010, 14:34
I would like to see players differentiating between countries, in terms of playing style and weather etc. A player might not think he would be suited to the fast physical nature of the premier league, so would reject offers from English clubs, or might not like the cold weather etc.

Also I would like to see clubs start to have unique personalities, in terms of expected playing style, transfer expectations and also I'd like to see reference more to a club's history. Maybe a young Argentine would love to play for Napoli, because of Maradona and would like the number 10 shirt etc
Make more of presidents and presidential elections and transfer promises. Increase the role of the club medical set up, so that better facilities, physios can give a more accurate analysis as to how long an older player could play for based on tests like VO2 max. One player may be over the hill at 30, another in perfect condition at 38 etc

also, the media should refer back more to previous regimes and when you leave, in your new job you could be asked to comment on proceedings at your old team and the players should compare and contrast old and new managers.

and if you've managed a club and national team successfully in the past when you next take an international job dont have the game saying it remains to be seen how you cope with the demands of two jobs. Please make a manager's history count for far more than it currently does.

AND if you have been very successful at a club DO NOT automatically remove you from the favoured persons list and if you've left amicably, say for an International job, and then go back to that club to watch a player have the fans recognise that you are there, chant your name, applaud whatever.

And also have supporters petition to have a manager re-installed, remembering the successes of the past.

etc etc

In general I'd like to see a very big step up across the board this time.

foreverred89
11-05-2010, 16:04
I think the role of Chief Executive needs to be created on the non-playing side of it, and I think being able to interact with a Director of Football (good or bad) would be good for the game. Also, as someone said, having the option to loan a player you've bought back to the club you've bought him from.

Defining of roles of the staff already at the Club such as Sports Psychologist, Club Doctor, Kit Manager etc. would add realism and depth to the game.

StormenDK
11-05-2010, 16:10
A few things I would like for the future:

1) Personal instruction on player basis

Currently before (or during) a match set specific sliders/instructions for one of my players. Great. But if he is substituted, I have to go in and maybe change all my sliders around.

I would like the possibility to tell my left winger who is highly creative, to always play at a specific Creative Freedom level, no matter where he is playing. If the player have no specific instructions, then just use the ones from the tactics currently used. The same goes with 'Role'.

F.x. I have a tactic where my two strikers swap, but currently my Poacher would then sometimes play as Target Man and vice versa. I don't want that. I just want them to switch positions on the field AND keep their role.

2) Player specific shouts

If my player is suddenly becoming complacent 5 min. into the second half, I want to be able to be the guy yelling at him to pick up his game or else. At present all I can do is hope he will start playing ok again, or substitute him if he doesn't. Besides the pre-game and half-time team talks I cannot "manage" the players.

3) Better tutoring mechanism

I have had great difficulty figuring out how to use tutoring, so I think it needs to be more intuitive. One thing I do think needs tweaking is the fact that 16-year olds, who I just brought in on the team, are telling me (their new manager) that some guy who have played 200 1st. team matches in the divisions, is not really interesting to learn from.

Come on!! .... that might go for Wunderkinds like outspoken Ibrahimovich when he was 17-18 years old or something, but for most youngsters, they should be happy to take the advice of the manager. Now whether they learn something or not is a different matter. But I would like to see the youngster in real life coming into the 1st. team squad of a new team and telling off the manager in his 1st. week that he knows better who he can learn something from.

4) Better stadium graphics

Really?? ... 2010, and that is the best you can do?? ... the crowd looks like it was taken from a Commodore 64 manager game from 1984.

5) Trial stats beig keps in history

It is a bit annoying that any trialist I might have had in my squad, has his match stats cleared when he leaves the club. I can see in the history that he was on trial at my club, but no stats are saved. So if I forget that some guy is leaving tomorrow after 4 weeks, then unless I can remember how he played during his visit, I would have to guess (or check each of the games he played in).

I can't remember anything else at the moment :)