PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

shefki2008
15-08-2008, 19:14
i would like to see:

- more player interaction (with your own players and players you wish to sign i.e. telling them your ambitions for the club so they are more inclined to sign for you)
- improved scouting
- a more indepth view on how your training is affecting your players
- possibly an option to start as an assistant manager to a larger team before managing (only as an option though as not everyone would want this)

The assistant manager idea is a very good in my opinion. But, your job role would be limited. You would have to be in charge of the reserves and do well there to get promoted and offered managerial jobs at smaller clubs!!!! Good idea though and i hope the game makers look in to this for future versions, and only have it as an option as people won't like it. It is called Football Manager and not Football Assistant afterall.

themoffster
15-08-2008, 20:13
The assistant manager idea is a very good in my opinion. But, your job role would be limited. You would have to be in charge of the reserves and do well there to get promoted and offered managerial jobs at smaller clubs!!!! Good idea though and i hope the game makers look in to this for future versions, and only have it as an option as people won't like it. It is called Football Manager and not Football Assistant afterall.
You are still managing a team though..
This is my most wanted feature - but if it is exended to make you the youth/U21/U18 manager. Think of the problems that can give you - players getting released over your head (similar to the chairman selling them feature currently), really good players getting called up for the reserves so you have to start again in training players up etc.

This would be an excellent feature and has near limitless posibilities for more player interaction as players you brought through the youths who are now world beaters would want to play for you at your new club (when you are a proper manager)

mattkidd12
16-08-2008, 10:47
More player views such as:
*"Player X is delighted the club have achieved promotion"
*"Player X is happy with the team's performance against X"
*"Player X would love to see [transfer rumour player] sign for the club"
*"Player X is eagerly anticipating the new season"
*"Player X thinks the club can win a trophy this season".
*"Player X doesn't think [rival club] are in contention for honours this season".

These aren't groundbreaking ideas, they're just common sense ones which occur in real life.

I still think you should have to answer questions at a press conference when you take a job.

Todorov
16-08-2008, 10:54
Finnish Second Division (Kakkonen) to the game!!! Other northern europe countries (Sweden, Norway, Denmark) all have at least three highest divisions but Finland only two highest divisions!!! We want to play Kakkonen also!!! Finnish players would be reallyyyyy happy if Kakkonen and even Kolmonen (Finnish Third division) would be added to game.

mattkidd12
16-08-2008, 11:04
I would like to be able to tell my General Manager or Chairman who i want to sign and have them negotiate with the club a fee, before or after i the manager has agreed personal terms with the player....AS IT HAPPENS IN REAL LIFE FOOTBALL....or so i believe.

Yes I was thinking about this too. If the club has a big bank balance, but they are only giving you a small amount to spend, then I think you should be able to ask them to up the transfer kitty for one particular player.

mattkidd12
16-08-2008, 12:29
Also, in the confidence screen alongside the 'signings', 'players', 'matches' screens etc, there should be one about 'potential signings'. Any speculation regarding potential signings, potential sales etc should be included, with the fans views on it.

"So and so thinks that the majority of [your club's] fans would be disappointed with the sale of [player x]."
"So and so thinks that most fans would love the club to sign [player x]"
"So and so thinks you should offer so and so a new contract."

Tasra
16-08-2008, 23:34
The ability to change who is mentoring who when the youngster balks at who you suggest he learn from.

dibbers
17-08-2008, 13:16
I would like to have more management options, i.e the ability to start my career as u-18 coach or reserves coach and eventually being approached for 1st team manager then general manager.
I would definitley like to see this at international level like stuart pearce from man city to england u-21 manager.
I would also like the ability to suggest further improvement to the stadium to the board such as the option of boxes, club shops and improving facilities which could have an effect on fans attendance. perhaps even an option to improve local public facilities and your own transport company for fans.

løffe
17-08-2008, 14:41
This might already be in one of the other 31 pages, not to mention the other thread, but I will give it a try anyway:

I was very happy to see the implementation a the "make available for" button so people training with the 1st team, would play for the reserves. However, I usually only manage to use in the first three weeks of a season, and then forget about it.

I was thinking of two possible alternatives that could work side by side with the existing feature:

- make it possible to permantly make a player from the first team available for the reserves, possible with some kind of fittness restricition. Like: "Always available for reserves when fittness is over 90%"

- Make it possible to have players in your reserve squad train permanently with the 1st team. Usually this would be great for younger talents, and is certainly a way I have used personally in my coaching life. (Although I have obviously not coached at highest level, but even on lower levels this is done.)

Well, thats it - have a great day!

DMaster2
17-08-2008, 14:47
The Italian Serie D is needed!

Serdar
19-08-2008, 00:13
*Have an option for players so that when they retire they will remain in game as an unemployed personal so we can still view their career and stats. If feels sad to lose the track of players after playing with them for years and if they dont become coaches they are totally wiped out after retirement. User should be able to pick which players to remain in game from that players personal menu.

*Introduce the weight data and make it important factor in player fitness. Lazy/old/injured player put on weight and eventually they temporarily lose their pace until they lose weight again. Ronaldo is a perfect example, it is hard to say he lost his skills after last injury but obviously his new belly wont make it easy to move on pitch for him.

*Track coaches head to head records. For example it would be nice to see our all time records versus Mourinho including all the team we and he managed during the game. This data could also affect the mind game comments before games.

Kalikkal
19-08-2008, 12:10
> I would love to see Indian Second division playable
> Board must allow more scouts and coaches once the club reputatation and finace goes up.

TheYorkshireKing
19-08-2008, 13:09
2> being able to abuse the ref after the game no matter what.. i belive this is now known as "doing a mourinho" lol

I think you'll find its more of "doing a Fergie" seeing as he has got away with it for 22 years at Man Utd.

Fishbone
19-08-2008, 17:16
What I would like to see in future versions is a way to save a team so that you can challenge your friends best team or so you could see which of your teams is best.

Just to be able to save a squad of 16 or 18 players so that matches between savefiles is possible.

Foucquet
20-08-2008, 04:54
I think that the club coefficients, club riches, and league coefficients should be utilized to allow a club to gain a better reputation over time if they start winning and earning more money. Afterall, it only took Chelsea a bunch of money and a few seasons to become one of the top teams in the world, why not our clubs in this game.

phnompenhandy
20-08-2008, 07:34
Every month the assman gives a report on training. He lists three top players who've progressed, which is fine, but how about the three worst? Do we need to know that our strikers didn't train well in defending? I'd like this sorted, please :)

LutonNil
20-08-2008, 09:18
a more intelligent way of selecting names for regens

Just had a Colin Hussain and a Sean El-Abd

phnompenhandy
20-08-2008, 10:06
a more intelligent way of selecting names for regens

Just had a Colin Hussain and a Sean El-Abd

I once saw a regen named Colin Kazim-Kazim Richards ...... oh wait ... ;)

rougess
20-08-2008, 10:32
i want more public minimum release clauses. it's often made public when a player signs a contract with a release fee, in europe, not just spain, so why are they hidden or missing in the game?

mattkidd12
21-08-2008, 15:12
I'd like fans not to hate every new loan signing.

sherica-
21-08-2008, 16:17
i hope that ppl from SI that developed the game and everything else...take a look at this thread and actually implement some of the great suggestions being posted here!

Pat Nevin's penalty
21-08-2008, 17:16
I'd like to see more specific positive performance related contract details, rather than the more negative skirty board confidence feedback we get now. I. E. If you achieve a certain goal then the board will improve training facilities or increase stadium capacity, or give you more financial backing/wages to keep the club moving forward etc..in cohesion with your success as a manager. This could be used to make the current manager contract details more interesting. There could also be a board ambition rating. Therefore you'll know before you take a job and you're successful how and if you'll be rewarded.

mattkidd12
21-08-2008, 20:42
I'd like to be able to propose one of your players gets picked in their national team.

Jarvo86
22-08-2008, 12:22
Not sure if this has been suggested, but didn't want to trawl through all the pages ...

A customisable match screen, where you can choose what is shown and where. For instance, I like the player ratings screen to be the match screen, and at the moment, I have to change this every time.

Is there a way that for FM 2009, there is a preference screen that allows you to custom build your match screen?

I.e. you have three sections for the match screen (divided half on the left, and the right side, split in to two boxes, one on top of each other), and you can drag in what you want to appear on the left (in my case, this would be player ratings) then you can drag in what you want to appears in the boxes on the right (e.g. 2D match engine & latest scores etc etc). And then every time you go to a match, the screen is set up as stated in the 'match screen preferences'

I guess the nearest thing I have seen that does this is the bbc website homepage, where you can drag the news boxes to where you want them to appear when you open the page. I have Sports as the box on the top left.

How does this sound?

AfterDeath
22-08-2008, 15:50
- The ability to become (via applying in the job or being contacted by another manager) an assistant manager at a club. You could give the coach your views on certain players, devise the training scheme, take control of the reserves, be asked for advice etc. and eventually replace the manager upon his sacking.

- In future editions it could be expanded to becoming a scout/coach etc. (For example, if you were a coach asked to control 'Shooting' you could choose which exercises the players would perform to develop certain aspects of 'Shooting', like technique, power etc.)

- A set piece editor, with arrows for runs, passes etc. would be great.

- Although this might be pushing it a bit, I'd like to be able to add in leagues mid-game; although it would take some time for FM to do this, "greyed-out" players could turn into "real" players with the same ability, and players could be generated with ability reflecting the club's reputation at clubs which don't have any. (Poorly articulated, I'm aware!)

- As someone else said, in the 'improved transfer system' which lots of people here are calling for, season-long loans for players who would normally be sold should, in most cases, be accepted with the option of purchasing them for a certain fee at any time. I know that this can be done on FM, but it is somewhat more rare than in real life.

llama3
22-08-2008, 17:49
MANAGER CONTRACTS
Staff Role - level of control at the club, specific responsibilities. Some clubs may want a director of football to do all the transfers, and every other bit of organisation, whereas some may want total hands on control of everything. You could be a manager who picks out a player but doesnt do negotiations, you get a message informing you if negotiations were successful or to look for another target.

More manager clauses - Wage rise, option to extend contract, stadium build, improve facilities, sign a certain player, offer a player a new contract, certain budgets for wage and transfer

Long term and season plans - currently the board sets, but it would be great if we could negotiate our own e.g. win league by end of second season, win champions league end of 5 years. Improve training facilities. Improve style of play. Minor things like improving discipline, greater proportion of academy or home-grown players maybe, certain ceiling of goals conceded, a target for goals scored, individual targets for each competition.

Wages - manager wages wont just be the normal basic wage, they will also include bonuses for achieveing certain triumphs, i.e. 1m bonus for winning champions league.

Moha
22-08-2008, 19:33
sorry if its already been mentioned, but

if a player, usually EU, have accumulated enough days to get an english passport, ie mikel arteta, you should as england national manager be able to give him some Player Interaction to the tune of "get an english passport and your in the team".

Moha
22-08-2008, 19:37
also how do you get favoured personnel, if you defo cant, that needs to be implemented

x3widRacin
24-08-2008, 00:01
* League Structure Editor/Addition of Leagues

(If the concern is that league editors would inhibit the purchase of future version then make it such that only newly created teams can be swapped into custom leagues, default existing teams can only be swapped in default existing leagues.)

* Create Youth Player

(Where you can name your own youth player and maybe position, not create a full player in game, but just give a suggestion as to the existence of one)

* Import/Export Teams/Players

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=40108

Swindon69
24-08-2008, 00:28
The ability to multi-select when in the DB editor.

Smac
24-08-2008, 05:39
I'll try to add things that might not have been added before, or in this way.

1. Customization / Modification
2. Manager Personalities
3. Unfold the now Living Game

1. Customization

Could Football Manager be opened up for more in-depth customization? How cool would that be, and how profitable! Some games come to mind wherein user-content has made all the difference between a game being O.K., and it becoming legendary. Two games that I'm familiar with are The Sims 2, and Rome Total War (and all the rest of their games), both of which have immense player created content and modification which have taken the titles far far beyond the imaginings of the initial developers. More and more, games are opened up for such consumer redevelopment, and I'd love to see what could happen to the FM series if this path were more fully explored.

So what do I imagine for FM as far as modification and customization? First, lets acknowledge the customization already available to the game, which is considerable: custom DB, custom kits, skins, sounds, XML files for various things. What else could be done you ask?

a. Custom implementation of the match engine. So the data is piped to a GUI, and people could display this any which way they wanted: Pipe to Twitter! Pipe to a user-made 3-D engine of 3-D marshmallows! But put the data hook out there and the programmers will come and do something amazing......for free.

b. Scripting. Lots of scripting. Script your manager responses to media, to substitutions in a match, to scouting preferences, to what media is displayed in the news. Open up some scripting on all fronts.... and then ....

c. Bots. Let players create 'Bot' managers with particular strategies and tactical tendencies and unleash them on their game world to see how they do. And then...

d. Interact. Allow players to have their bots compete against each other online in FMLive, or a version of it just for such fun. And then realize that in order for the bots to be really fun, they're going to need some personalities, so that they react to pressure in amusing and unpredictable ways, depending on their underlying experience and 'temperment'. And so in making the bot world, come to rewrite the FM world for human players such that all managers have rich and memorable personalities. Extend this to the players themselves. Allow it (not force it) to mean something to have a club full of El-Hadj Diouffs or Big Duncan Fergusons. See Roy Keane sweating when he's not the biggest ego in the room at Sunderland? Maybe that means he won't focus so well on his managerial duties.

e. Bring the Bots back from the internet and let players easily download various personalities into their game to test their wits against and enjoy. New challenge games will be created continuously against the best and worst of the bot managers, and hey look, bingo, we have the much desired 'Difficulty' setting for newbies. Have the managers in their league start with lobotomized managers, and as they have success, suggest they upgrade their AI.

2. Manager Personalities

So I've already done a bit of this, which was stolen from a post earlier in the thread. I think that all the player interaction, media interaction, and team talks in the game has come across as "Nice Idea, but why is it boring?" to the players of your beautiful game, SI. And I think I know why this is the case.

On the one hand, the game has always been about stats and numbers. A glorified accounting game. And we all really love this aspect. On the other hand we know that we're doing a bit of suspension-of-disbelief and really caring about our players as if they were real persons and not DB lumps. We manage our teams "As If" they were the real teams. Well, some of us do. And some of us just play the accounting game for all it is worth. And it is worth a lot.

The media interaction stuff fits into both of these modes-of-having-fun by design: Pretend to be talking to the press (Imagination), and Have and Impact on your team (Game). So we choose various things to say, and have an impact on our game. But because this is a top-down implementation it really loses the plot. First of all, a multiple-choice situation which is on many levels quite static and removed from the immense mathematical depth of the game, is too simple. It takes away from those rich game decisions such as playing a just-fit player of lesser quality, or a fully-fit player of lesser quality, knowing you have a cup match in 2 days.

The parallel would be to earn a million dollars by shrewd business dealings and then take an interest in playing blackjack for profit. The two don't go together. Not the best example. But the point is that the multiple-choice of the media interactions is an insult to the genius of the game, and it really hurts it. So please stop that.

However, if the rich and deep part of the game can be brought closer to the media interaction, then things start to matter, and apparently simple choices that you've faced before sit like the tips of icebergs over far deeper movements. And I think that the way to do that is to develop the manager interactions and manager-player interactions so that these individuals take on real personalities which you are likely to get to know easily just by spending time with them.

IE, you'll easily notice that every time you play Big Duncan (and no offense Dunc) you hear him directly urging other players to put in some nasty tackles on so-and-so. And you'll easily notice Arsene's snide remarks and gloating, because you'll maybe see his press interview after your Derby match. If the players and especially the managers (since there are less of them to get to know) in the game start to take on some real and consistent personalities, and if these personalities are reflected in a style on the pitch and in man management, then whatever is said can actually matter. Otherwise its just a little formula that gives a morale boost to your players before a match (for example).

So it seems to me that the media side of things needs to either go much further, which requires it mattering in terms of long-term relationships, style, effects of personality over time, etc.., or it really needs to go, because at this point it is stuck in the nether world of neither mattering much, nor adding at all (in my opinion) to the sense of imagination of the game. It was easier in FM06 to feel personally vengeful against another manager when I couldn't even talk with him through the media. This is because it was only his real results against my team that I could measure him by, and not a faux or pretend "Choose your Own Adventure" side quest of multiple choice that was exactly the same for every manager interaction. This deflates. It doesn't add. 'nuff said.

3. Unfold the now Living Game

If and when players can script, create modifications of the game (I was just thinking tonight that I want to be able to color the text in my 'inbox' by type of comment. I want approaches for my staff in RED, so I don't miss them), set up static or dynamic manager AI's and tactical systems, the game will explode with rich content.

And I think that even imagining this scenario can help to outline what can be changed without (ironically) even taking those steps. For me, I see that creating rich and meaningful characters in the game would 'solve' the problem of the fence-sitting of the current media system. I'm sure other players would want to focus on developing other aspects of the game. By imagining our participation we can come to know what we really would like to see happen.

In conclusion: The main point I'd like to make is that FUN is really important and that some recent developments in the series have been clever, but not so much fun. But if these features are really developed, so that they can become part of the fun, something else is going to have to be unleashed in the game. I think that has to be manager personalities, at least, if not a real opening to customization so that the fans can take the model to its natural evolution, each and every year.

-Smac

eaimua
24-08-2008, 08:04
A cumulative points graph that shows how many points I had accumulated at each week in the league. Makes it easier to remember and show the story of the season especially when compared to a rival's graph.

rinso
24-08-2008, 08:23
amended player search filter for "contract expiring"... amended to "within next 6 months" "within 12 months" or a shorter one, maybe 6 weeks/1 month

5iver
24-08-2008, 10:48
Smac, your points are great. FM already has a large committed online supporters base, so if the game becomes more scriptable we could truly see the game explode!

Peter Dodds
24-08-2008, 19:03
I agree with BigBillyBob about having a staff shortlist, that would be extremely useful! Also, I wouldn't mind seeing half time injury and player information. For example whether they are feeling confident, nervous etc.

Pengo
25-08-2008, 11:20
More nationalities going your club when you get a new intake of youth. Im at barca and only seem to get Spanish and Colombian.

Captain Planet
25-08-2008, 13:33
2 simple things I'd like to see:

i) make sure the text commentary for teams like Man City is legible - perhaps a thick black outline around the letters.

ii) make individual instructions correspond to players rather than positions, i.e. I like to tailor instructions, like 'run with ball' etc, to the player's ability. When it comes time for substitutions or if I'm rotating my squad before a game, it results in 5-10 minutes unnecessary tinkering.
(I think the benefits from this would outweigh any confusion from having to set the sliders like 'mentality' for each player -if you aren't using team ones, that is)

chesterfan2
25-08-2008, 13:44
O.K. Improvements I'd like to see, probably already been mentioned but I haven't got time to read through 16 pages !

1. If, in the first half of a match, I set a split screen with, say, summary on one side and match stats on the other I want that same layout to be there when the second half starts, not have it revert to a full screen of summary.

2. Enquiries about players. If I get an inquiry for a player and I set a price I would like to get for him (in this case we are talking 1.3 million for a player currently valued at 900k) and the enquiring team don't want to follow up, then I don't want the same team to make the same enquiry a few game days later. They know this info why are they asking again ? If it's that they think you are being unreasonabale then have some different text like 'Come on now, he's not worth that, what do you really want'. If not I'd like a feature where I say, for example, 'refuse all enquiries from Coventry regarding Grant Basey'

3. If I'm linked in the press with a player I'd like the option to say 'he's beyond our budget' or 'we are quite well stocked in that position' something like that, better anyway.

Smac
25-08-2008, 15:07
Manager Personality Development

I had another thought along the lines of developing manager personalities and enriching the media experience. Managers could increase their 'stock' statements 100x, and these could reflect their personalities and what they are trying to communicate. By putting these stock statements into a file editable by players, preferably any number of files so that we can download and add new statement sets as players develop them, managers could start to take on a life of their own. Let me give an example we are all familiar with:

"I am the special one"

This could be added with reference to personality variables and situation variables in an XML file. An editor for selecting the appropriate use of various statements could be made fairly easily.

"They're not going to get anything from this game. It'll be lucky if they find the bus on the way out, let alone a football on the pitch!"

By adding a few more manager personality details, we can see which kind of manager might pop up with such an arrogant mind-game type statement.

Humility --------- Arrogance
Wittiness ---------- Seriousness
Ability to Deflect --------------- Easily Embarrassed
Spurs rivalries ---------------- Gets along with everyone
Dishonest ------------ Honest
Private ------------- Public

Etc..

Who knows what the best arrangement of traits would be, but once these were set and added to all the managers in the game we could start to see some real personalization. We could see "The Special One" getting to Arsene through the media. We could have a laugh along with Neil Warnock. Or 'tell it like it is' with David Moyes.

Players could gather a bunch of quotes from various managers and add them to a growing downloadable list. I'm sure we'd argue over what effects these various quotes would have on our players and other managers, and under what circumstances they would pop up, and this would lead to some standardization of 'personality packages' to add to the game, much like the Wegie updates or various facepacks, etc..

By allowing the fans to help with the development here you avoid the legal ramifications of quoting real managers, but more importantly you will enable a fast and vast body of knowledge and effort to deepen and strengthen this nascent but potentially great aspect of the game. Once the personalities in the game start mattering, the media interactions will be fun and important.

woody2goody
25-08-2008, 22:17
The changing of league and competition reputations is a very good idea. Note how there is much more awareness of the MLS since Mr. Beckham joined the league. Also this could be interesting for countries like China or if they included leagues from the middle east. It would be great to take a club from Denmark, Egypt, Australia and single-handedly change the face of that country's footballing reputation. Changing TV deals would be very interesting when youget deep into a game, especially if you get rich developing countries with mega-rich TV people.

In light of what happened to Sven at Manchester City last season, some really ruthless chairmen could sack you even if you have me their expectations. I would also like to see expectations saying 'win either the Premier League or the Champions' League'. Apparently Scolari has this requirement this season at Chelsea. For someone like Tottenham, it could be 'qualify for European competition or win a Cup competition'.

I've been re-visiting FM05, and it appears that the transfer problem with fringe players(at least on the selling side) was there in that game too. As Palermo in Serie A, I tried to offload David Pozzansini who was valued at just over 3m. I lowered and lowered the price until eventually 900,000 was what he went for. In real life there would have probably been 8-10 Serie A clubs who would have wanted him for at least 2m. Another situation: I bought Simon Walton from Leeds for around 250,000. A couple of months later he wants out because he is homesick. I offer him to all Premiership and Championship clubs and NOBODY wanted him, despite being 16 years old, very talented for his age, and offered for less than half a million. Nearly every Championship club and a few Prem clubs would have bought him for that.

Long-term objectives should be assessed based on previous performances. For example you are Hull, and are given a four-year plan, which says at the end of it you should finish above 12th in the Prem. If, in the 4th season you finish 15th, but have an average finish of 14th for the 3 previous seasons, they should look upon this more favourably than if you meet the position only in your last season.

I think this was sorted slightly in '07 and '08, but in FM05, I started off my career with Palermo. We were tipped for relegation at the start of 04/05, but ended up finishing 6th that year and 5th in 05/06. I resigned early on in 06/07 as I thought I had done as well as I could. I started looking for another job, and applied at Udinese, Real Sociedad, Messina, and West Brom. The only job I ended up being offered was at Port Vale, who were stone dead last in League One. You would have thought my great managerial debut would have resulted in better offers?

A neat touch would be an electronic board where the 4th official is displaying the numbers of players coming off and going on. Would be good so you immediately knew who was who when they arrived in the game.

Someone mentioned that they would like to know more about injuries sustained during a game. The commentary could include phrases like 'he's holding his leg', 'he looks to be winded' or 'a nasty clash of heads there' or something to that effect.

Regens - Pace should develop early on in a career and remain the same barring old age or injuries. Regens with "3" for pace aren't any good to anybody really.

Somebody else mentioned a good idea to place youth academies in countries of your choice. It would be great to put an academy in an obscure country to try and develop good talent. Also clubs from those countries could be more likely to accept freindly matches with your team.

The post about all-time scoring lists is a great idea. This could be done for leagues, clubs and countries too.

For people like me who aren't great at the game, it would be great to have some kind of 'Automatic training' which actually develops players well, or at least better than when you leave your assistant to do it.

Hope you could read my ideas and you think they're ok :)

kingfisher64
25-08-2008, 23:11
I say the following as a fan of the football manager (and previously before the split) championship manager series. I have bought nearly every new game.
I was and still am disappointed with the progress of football manager 2008 from previous editions. The series does not seem to be going anywhere. Yes there is a new interface, and a pitch that is much appreciated - but after the many many bug fixes/patches problems are solved the gameplay has hardly improved.

* Keeping players at your club is now hugely time consuming and annoying. Constant unhappyness of players due to other clubs interest. MASSIVE PROBLEM.
*Transfer fees at times don't make sense (ie player offers 10m and computer club offers 6m, player is turned down and computer is not (and it's not to do with rival clubs).
* All of a sudden your team can't win. Save game, restart game, all of a sudden i can win again!
*After 4-5 years in game hardly any good young players from nation your club is in are coming through. (ie) Italy has hardly any good young players in 5-6 years time. There are massive amounts of south american players.

Where is the game going? I realise that SIGAMES makes a huge effort - but are you listening to the fans views on new features and gameplay?

I'd like YOU the fans to suggest in this post some new features that the game NEEDS.

I'll get the ball rolling:

*Manager Profile to be improved. Include stats like controversy, character trait (determined),
*Make it easier to keep players happy.
*More young players from the league your playing in to come through to be top class (not just brazlian and argentinian)
*Misquotes from the manager to be solved. (ie) manager chooses quote from media list then after the submit it says something completly different at bottom of screen, and this upsets players.
*Make training options easier to manage and have a greater effect on player performance.
*Huge transfer fees to be more realistic. (ie) benzema 42m? unknown player 26.5m?
*A formation suggestion box a day before your next opposition.

I'd love to hear from Sigames on some of the points mentioned, i do appreciate your effort, but in all honesty any suggestions the fans make seems to go on deaf ears.
SIGAMES please listen and implement the players suggestions as we want to help you make the best game possible.

FM Fans over to YOU:

lawd
25-08-2008, 23:14
I think you may want to put your points in the wishlist thread found here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=24018

Though I agree with 6 of the 7 you suggest not to fussed about a formation box.

Suge
25-08-2008, 23:20
Players get unhappy all the time. Nowadays you only have to pronounce his name wrong and he'll tell some newspaper somewhere that he wants to leave. It's the modern game and it's well projected in FM. At the end of the day, you want a game that challenges you and keeps you on your toes and FM does that.

I don't really care much for your other *faults* because, again, its realism. Clubs only accept bids that are good for them and noone else. Some clubs want 10m up front and some will go for 6m now + 1m after 12 months, 1m after 20 goals etc etc...

kingfisher64
25-08-2008, 23:25
It's the modern game and it's well projected in FM. At the end of the day, you want a game that challenges you and keeps you on your toes and FM does that.

I don't think this is the modern game. In a small amount of cases maybe. If i'd sold every player unhappy in 1 season 6 of starting 11 would have gone. That's excessive and not realistic. I find this tedious and not challenging.

What about some new suggestions FM FANS:

ftg87
25-08-2008, 23:30
I don't think this is the modern game. In a small amount of cases maybe. If i'd sold every player unhappy in 1 season 6 of starting 11 would have gone. That's excessive and not realistic. I find this tedious and not challenging.

I don't get that many players that are unhappy, 6 of your starting 11 want to leave in just one season? To me, rather than the game not being represetitive of real life, seems like you are doing something to upset the players, I don't mean this as an attack on you btw mate, I actually agree with the majority of your ideas from your 1st post and while it can be a pain sometimes to stop players being unhappy or make them happy again, I can't see past the fact that you seem to have a disproportionate amount of unhappy players

Powlay
25-08-2008, 23:47
What about some new suggestions? Try using the wishlist thread where forum users have posted their ideas.

Southgate has been at Boro for 2 seasons, only one member of the team that won the Carling Cup in 2004 is still here and he was a young sub, teams turn around especially smaller ones and more so when new managers arrive.

Dont see the problem.

Eduardo
26-08-2008, 00:40
It would be good if the sale value was more variable to how the player was actually performing.

kingfisher64
26-08-2008, 00:42
*Manager Profile to be improved. Include stats like controversy, character traits (determined). Generally make it more like the players.
*Make it easier to keep players happy.
*Player wage demands to be lowered (no 19 year old out of contract players wanting 50k a week)
*More young players from the league your playing in to come through to be top class (not just brazlian and argentinian)
*Misquotes from the manager to be solved. (ie) manager chooses quote from media list then after the submit it says something completly different at bottom of screen, and this upsets players.
*Make training options easier to manage and have a greater effect on player performance
*Transfer fees to be more realistic, and there to be less of them (ie) benzema 42m? virtually unknown player 26.5m?
*A formation suggestion box. To counter opponents tactics. Use this before and during game.
*Do something more with U21 players, like being able to see who has vastly improved in the season played
*Suggestions on u21 players that should be promoted to first team at end of season.
*In game real time editor
*End of season summery of the most improved players in every league. 1 for youngsters. 1 for over 25 players.
*Sponsorship deals to be made negotiable (ie chairman interating with manager over suggestions)

MAYBE SIGAMES COULD REPORT BACK TO THE FANS ON SOME OF THE FEATURES THEY HAVE DECIDED TO IMPLEMENT IN FM09 DUE TO THE FANS SUGGESTIONS

LutonNil
26-08-2008, 03:04
Ability to inform the Ass Man on what positions you want to be promoted to the U19's

New Roosterman
26-08-2008, 07:49
Mine would be in relation to offide rulings and how they correlate with the match engine. I know in real life Assistant Referees can get offside calls wrong when allowing/disallowing goals but for mine FM08 has too many that get disallowed when based on what your screen is showing you there is no way a player could be offside. I've had goals disallowed where the goal scorer has had 3 defenders between him anmd the goals when he got the ball, and yet is ruled offside.

One other is the ability to discipline players. Diving is one thing in previous versions I used to discipline players for, it is one thing I hate IRL and so won't stand for it on FM either. Yet unless a player gets sent off you can't discipline them for anything, which is not quite life like for mine.

x3widRacin
26-08-2008, 07:59
I was and still am disappointed with the progress of football manager 2008 from previous editions. The series does not seem to be going anywhere.

*Transfer fees at times don't make sense (ie player offers 10m and computer club offers 6m, player is turned down and computer is not (and it's not to do with rival clubs).

Agreed on these points

Pengo
26-08-2008, 10:34
Youth set up again: When they say this player is the best player to come though blah blah blah, you check his stats with a ediotor and they are quite crap. So it should compare it to last season youth. Also should beable to invest $$ into youth(the new ones you get every year)

kingfisher64
27-08-2008, 18:44
*when players become unhappy be able to interact with them, assuring them of future plans.
*higher player averages like in much older editons. start on 7 instead of 6
*greater amount of negotation options/clauses when buying a player
*greater amount of interaction with other clubs players when trying to offer a contract (making it easier to persuade players to sign)
*more young players coming through from own club (most just end up being free transferred)

Shiraz
27-08-2008, 19:04
I think there should be a way of communicating with players privately

t_owen814
27-08-2008, 19:14
2 words
PITCH INVASIONS
sorry for the enthusiasm I just think it would be a really cool feature

bluebirds4life
27-08-2008, 22:18
Give Cardiff some money. Honestly now, I know I am a fan and all that but we do have some money there you know we have made 10m since january plus fa cup cmon.

bluebirds4life
27-08-2008, 22:20
Stadium 3d is good so you can get a sir view of stadium but with the 2d stuff still.

This messageboard@AVATARS

Moaner
27-08-2008, 22:42
All i want from FM2009 is one measley screen clearly displaying the fixture run-ins (next 4 fixtures or so) to be inserted into the game under the fixtures and results section as currently its hassle to go to each relelvent clubs fixture screen.

Aleh
27-08-2008, 22:47
If you win a trophy, you get to watch your team celebrate on a podium. ;)

Always wanted this, requested it every year and never get it. :(

saved_by_barry_horne
27-08-2008, 23:13
A small addition i would like is:

On the affiliated teams screen, if you have a loan partnership with a side then you should be able to see when their transfer window is open. I currently have a side in Bulgaria but cant send players on loan until late Jan. Be nice to see a date so i don't have to check everyday. This way my players would a WP sooner.

Smac
28-08-2008, 02:17
On the squad screen, which is generally so useful, instead of just having an 'appearances (subs)' column, a last 5 games that our team competed in column would be fantastic. It can be quite difficult to remember who played when without clicking on them individually and checking recent form otherwise. When rotating players for match fitness and happiness this is critical info.

JSansom
28-08-2008, 13:50
I apologise if any of these ideas have already been posted, are already in the new version or are rubbish... however, he's is my list:

Players to have prefered formations and styles of play to be in ... however good a player is if they don't mix with a style of play they will be bad
Individual leagues to have comon attributes - such as the PL being known as a high tempo league - not all players will play well there
Could we redesign kits?
Could the player movement screen from past versions be introduced to create set piece routines?
An adapted rating be introduced - players must adapt to a new country / team / new players and won't play to full level until then - could be hampered / never happen if different country or unadaptable player - this ability could slow with older players (eg Sheva)
Need to make contact with players or agents before being able to sign them - not so many transfers out of the blue
Ask clubs to be able to agree terms with the player before agreeing fee
Managers favourite clubs and players listed
Players have preferences to play in certain leagues or not in certain leagues (eg David Silva doesn't want to play in PL) or certain players only want to play for one club (eg Jesus Navas)
Introduce retired squad numbers that cannot be picked (eg 6 for West Ham and 25 for Chelsea)
A player effort rating that will affect the level of their performance - could be affected by desire to leave / training could be used to measure it so that those who perform in training earn place in team
roles for agents
Some chairman introduce active Directors of Football - if they like manager but not signings (influential managers - eg Wenger - could demand a DoF or the removal of one in time)
Player loyalty bonuses seem a recently highlighted thing, could they be introduced?
Managers prefering to spend lots on players / not alot / experienced over young players
Media track previous decisions - with other characters get reputations (eg good at developing youngsters / moving players on could influence whether future players want to sign)
Fees for youngsters signed before pro forms to be more than just a set fee - to include future payments etc & system whereby first club of a player gains a certain amount of future transfer fees

Sorry for the length - just wanted to air those thoughts though!

Josh

Stu1892
28-08-2008, 14:00
I've mentioned this for the last 4 years at least, so i will again.

I'd like the 'flip flap' thing back to co-ordinate zonal marking and set pieces.

Also i'd like default instructions to be set to an individual player. So if i bring on Makelele to replace Drogba, he automatically knows not to move for set pieces, stay back, and do nothing except destroy. And vice-versa, Drogba knows to go and be a beast in the box and where to cause problems at set pieces.

Just saves a lot of messing on...

Hauler24
28-08-2008, 14:01
Physical stats on Regens tweaked a little.

jasewood
28-08-2008, 15:05
Your Assistant to ask you if you have any players to be considered each reserve game.....I always seem to forget about my injured players. I know there are a few ways round it but you get that many pointless messages anyway!

gerrardsrightfoot
28-08-2008, 15:40
2nd Striker. You know, the striker that plays just behind his strike partner. Wether it be a position or a player setting, it should be introduced to the game.

Scotty Walds
28-08-2008, 15:44
Isn't that what 'Free role' does?

kingfisher64
28-08-2008, 18:24
If you win a trophy, you get to watch your team celebrate on a podium. ;)

Always wanted this, requested it every year and never get it. :(

that sounds good, i would like that too. just a simple 2d podium.

HAS ANYBODY SUGGESTED ANYTHING IN THIS FORUM AND HAD IT PUT IN THE GAME? just interested to know whether we are being listened to.

son_of_sosidge
29-08-2008, 09:37
Here is one that is really compromising my enjoyment of the game - has it been mentioned before?

Part-time training and attribute decrease

Basically, players attributes always decline no matter how good your part-time training is. They are better off being unnattached!

It is not realistic to get semi-pro club players on pro contracts for 100 a week, equally it is expensive for a lower league team whose budget is only 2,000 a week.

So could we get that sorted for the next version. I don't expect an attribute increase, but sensible part-time training should be able to keep players at their unattached level.

And this always mentioned but I do feel that the AI 424 (as well as the 442 attacking with long farrows) is TOO effective in the game engine, because the wide forwards ALWAYS get behind your fullbacks if you play a conventional flat back four.

Superman_uk123
29-08-2008, 11:51
Here is my list that I would kike to see in the game, one of these days (sorry if any of these have been mentioned before):

1) The ability to search by division, e.g. if you are league two club, there could be an option to only search League Two clubs, etc.

2) The ability to set your own set-pices, e.g. If I wanted to practice penalties like Pires and Henry got wrong a few years ago (but this time to make it work, I.e a player kicks it to the side for an on-rushing player to bang it into the net, then why can I not do this?)

3) The ability to actually reccomend a feeder club to the board, rather than having to pick and choose from only three or four given to me.

4) More youth tam and reserve competitions such as Toulon, and other games to help improve your youngsters, and to scout other young players in meaningful games.

5) The ability to reward loyalty, by arranging a testimonial (rather than just pkaying a person in a friendly, as this does not help the person's moral, or reward him financially).

6) Actual communication with other members of staff/board so it is possible to actually get disiplined by the board and to fall out with other members of staff. For example to actually have spats like Rafa at Liverpool (over the Barry transfer amongst other things).

7)The ability to try and convince other managers to take players off of your hands, i.e. rather than at the moment just offering players to clubs, having a dialogue with other managers and saying what this player could bring to their club and why they should get him, this way it could be better than just having a random message saying that no clubs are interested and that being the end of it.

8) The ability to loan players to other clubs straight away after you have signed them (look at Portsmouth's dealing with Norwich City), so that they can get first team games, without having to wait a few weeks for negotions to take place.

These are my requests off of the top of my head, I am sure that I could think of more given the time. (not that the game isn't good already, rather that these are meant as constructive comments!).

PERCIVA11
29-08-2008, 12:02
You people put wayyyy to much effort in to these..

SnK41.int
29-08-2008, 19:31
why the first year of each new game, the champions league groups can't be the same as they actually are ?!

saved_by_barry_horne
29-08-2008, 19:40
You people put wayyyy to much effort in to these..

How'd you figure that? Don't see how you can put too much effort into an idea that could potentially improve the game.

FM1966
29-08-2008, 20:15
I would like to see the achievement thing from FML in FM2009 or 2010..
Had great fun with that ;-)

cam.ncfc
30-08-2008, 13:10
i know this is just a silly little thing, but i hope you can skip the beginning advertisements - they get annoing

MNM
31-08-2008, 00:10
why the first year of each new game, the champions league groups can't be the same as they actually are ?!

The qualifiers havent been played in teh game yet at the start of a new game though, so what that can alter the teams in the competition come group stage time.

I would like to be able to choose the clubs I offer feeder status too. and I dont mean choose from a list of about 4 preselected teams, I mean choose any team I want and offer it.

Thunder_PT
31-08-2008, 01:25
Hi, im portuguese so heres my wishlist :

Instead of we have to download facepacks, Id like the game to already have photos .
The game having shields of the teams, league, etc .. Like, the Benfica shield is an eagle, like this one .
Rosters of the teams updated to the maximum lool .
And i think this is the more important one . Id like that we can do press conferences after the game, like the journalists asks we questions and we answer them . Also, id like the game to have a better match engine, because since the CM 4 that the engine is mostly the same .

Miles, think about it and if anyone dont understand my english very well, PM me lool .

straccy vendoli
31-08-2008, 10:32
as usual,sorry for something already mentioned..

1.contracts for ALL the managers,not only for me.contracts also for the national managers. plus,at least a screen with all your earnings.don't care about spending money in cars or houses or paintings,just would like to know what i've earned.otherwise,what's the matter in negotiating contracts?

2.as already said,chance of playing as youth team coach and as assistant.i think it would increase a lot the challenge in the game.

3.media: i'm ok with the press conference,but not only one in a year.coaches (at least in italy) have to sustain two press a week,and almost a daily interview (surely for the dedicated channel if we're talking about a big team,example as milan channel,roma channel,inter channel etc.). i think that media as in FM2008 is pretty worthless and boring, more interactivity,more questions,more answers,more of everything. give the press more power to attack you,and give the coaches more power to defend.
and i think that maybe,if someone doesn't like this,the amount of media presence in the game should become optionable at the beginning of the game (as for the database..do you want to play with minimum,as i think in fm2008,medium,large or maximum?)

4.relationships with players.i'm winning a derby game 6-0.my striker,who scored 5 goals,is subbed at 86th minute for the standing ovation.yeah,and the day after he's angry for the sub.seriously,why?ok,there are players who react weirdly,and i could be ok with that..but as a coach i would like an option to try explain him (it was for the standing ovation or it was for preserving you for next match or it was because you were booked or also you are a mindless idiot). i suppose that i should be able to explain every choice i make in the game,and that every decision that i make is relevant for the developing of the game (affecting player's morale,board confidence,my personality and everything else).

5.this one had been already (and lot of times) mentioned,but one plus will not so bad.
if i'm asking a price for X player,i don't want to read proposals for lower money.the only thing i could accept is a private phone call/message from other team trying to offer something else,as an option for some of their players or some kind of partnership or anything else.but i don't want to read only lower money offering.and plus,i would like to have the chance to say "i will not sell player X this year,stop with requests".example,playing with udinese i don't want to sell laurito.but,twice a week,lot of big clubs (expecially milan and inter) are proposing me offers.and it's not the case above mentioned,they're offering me much more the player value,but simply i need to keep him with me and i don't want to sell it.
and this bring me to the next consideration.

6.preparing the season.
by myself,it could be one of the greatest improving for the game.maybe with a pratical example i'm able to explain better.
at the end of this year,milan sacks ancelotti and calls me to substitute him.great,i say.so i have to talk with adriano galliani about the team,about what they want for the upcoming season(s) (and this is already implemented with board expectations,but in a really bad way i think..happened that i won it all with barcelona,champions league,world club cup,eurosupercup or what the name is and the liga,but laporta gets angry because i wasn't able to reach the final of copa del rey..come on..) and how the general player situation is.
so,before going to the summer training,i should have a list of targets to achieve,i should know how the morale of the squad is after the past season and if there any problems with some of the guys.to find out,i should be able to talk personally with every player of the first team,trying to know how they feel about the upcoming season,how much they're happy with the team,what they want to play,what the relationships with certain teammates are and so on.a long chat to try discover everything. again an example: i should be able to talk with alberto paloschi and try to understand if i would accept the role of 5th striker in the team,playing only in worthless games or only if he shows really great improvement during trainings (and there something to improve also there,but later).i have to understand what he feels about going to play on loan,if he would accept to play in minor leagues or maybe abroad.and he should be able to say that yes,he would love to go on loan or not,only first team or sell me,or also only if i play at least 20 games or sell me.and give him the possibility to "lie",example asking to go on loan and then getting angry or sad for it,depending on his character attributes.
and so on for all the players.
then,the transfer market.i'm ok with the budget.one thing that i dont like so much is that after few years with certain teams you're able to spend billions and buy everyone.
so,my idea is,according to what real life is i suppose: estabilish a number of player you need,and in what role and so on.back to my example: i talk with galliani and i say to him "ok boss,we can win it all,serie a and uefa cup..but i need three new defenders,one playing in the middle and two playin the wings,one midfilder and at least one big striker". obviously,my ass manager has to help me with this giving his advices after the general scouting (and so we would be able to do this playing as assistants) and then galliani should say "ok" or "you're crazy" or "we don't need 3 defenders but only 2" and so on..then the transfer budget should be used for this.and sure,i can buy everyone i want,in this example i can buy cristiano ronaldo,fabregas,messi and silva if i want (and if i can,obv) but then the board should ask why i've spent money in players that i didn't need,affecting the confidence and my reputation and so on (example,the year after if i'm confirmed at milan,they could not trust me and don't allow me to buy some players).on the other side,if i can't reach to buy the players i said i needed i can use this as explanation for not reaching the targets,or say that i needed greater players than the ones that budget allowed me to do.
and then,the transactions.
as i said before,there should be the chance to deny any offer to some of my players.usual example,i should be able to say "kaka will stay here forever and ever" or "kaka will stay here until the end of his contract and then we'll see" or "maybe we will sell him the next year" and every statement should affect players morale,your reputation,what the fan think about you and so on. saying that i will never sell it kaka and then sell him the next year should cause my firing or something similar.
then there should be a screen in which you could check other teams and clicking on the name a list of player available for transfer should appear.which is not meaning that they're on transfer list,but that they could be sold with a proper offer.
and so you would be able to choose by what kind of team you want to buy someone,simply using a filter (example: team in you league,team in the bundesliga,team playing the championsleague etc.).should be great if,near the names of the filtered teams,the relationships between them and you is going to be displayed,IE with the stars,in order to know how much it will be easy or hard to buy someone from that team (IE,filtering champions league team,with milan you will have near 7 stars with barcelona and 1 with inter).
and then you take a look to all the players available and then you should be able to declare your targets,at least to your board. and then consider if the budget will be enough,and if not send your scout to search players similar to the ones you're looking for.example,i should be able to say to Leonardo "go to brazil and search someone similar to david villa".
and i think the supporters' role should be implented here.they have to say "we want villa,or we want ronaldinho" and obv please them will increase your reputation amongst the fan (affecting seasonal tickets selling,for example).
i think that a transfer market going this way would be more close to real life than the current one.

7.very quickly now:tactics.as already said,we should be able to give instructions to the team and to the single player considering if we are attacking or defending.by myself,the option to select the man's position in certain zones of the fields considering where the ball was and if we owned it or not as in a past edition,was perfect.then,the chance to give personal instructions to the player and not to the position.and then,improve the target man role and the way to serve him.

8.trainings.last thing,but very important to me.i would like a feedback from my assistants not every month,but every day.i have to know how the tuesday training is going,i have to know if the team is giving 100% or if someone is giving less,and have to chance to talk about this,with the entire team or with the single player,or allow my assistant to do it (another great thing if you're playing as ass man). it would be great also preparing weekly schedule with targets to reach (or monthly,or yearly) for example to prepare for an important champions league team.another example (the last one,then i promise i will stop):
with milan we're going to play a champions' semifinal in barcelona.we won 1-0 the first game,so we have to being prepared against their offensive force.so on the monday and tuesday training i will focus (or let my ass man do it) on the defence team play,the counter attack and we will try and try the offside trap,or prepare some special movement on the wing to try to stop messi,for example trying lot of double pressure on him.
then,on tuesday evening,my ass man should give my a graphic and tell me who trained best,who seemed to understand well what i've asked,who really reached the targets,who gave more effort and of course who don't.and then i can decide to talk to the team,or to single players about this,everyday and everyday.in practice,more locker room life.and the players should come to me (or go to the physio or to the assman) and say for example that they don't like the way we're training and what i would do about this.

ok,sorry for for repeating something,for my bad english and for the length!

M8_pl
31-08-2008, 11:09
Well, this topic is too long to read for me now, so i hope somebody put this idea before. Status of country should be changed after (x,y,z) years from developing to developed...

So Poland and Fhilipnes, Turkmenistan, Puerto Rico, Belarus are developing. In my opinion this is not fair. If somebody thinks this is ok - please visit me in Poland :)

Moaner
31-08-2008, 12:02
watch out for the russians M8 pl...

would somebody at SI please put in a means of indicating which teams are available for friendlies on the "arrange friendly" screen....i must of clicked through around 40 countries a minute ago before actually finding a nation that wasn't "not available for friendly on this day", just to get a pre-tournament friendly for my England team.

Carl87
31-08-2008, 12:04
More interaction with backroom staff.

This thread for example: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=41743

isuckatfm
31-08-2008, 19:08
In the news item about loan offers we have reject/accept offers. If the offer includes a set fee put that into the news item aswell.

Scotty Walds
31-08-2008, 19:54
1.contracts for ALL the managers,not only for me.contracts also for the national managers. plus,at least a screen with all your earnings.don't care about spending money in cars or houses or paintings,just would like to know what i've earned.otherwise,what's the matter in negotiating contracts?

Go to your manager screen, and click on History > Information. It is displayed there :thup:

RKW
31-08-2008, 20:02
More extensive scouting networks. For example, Chelsea have 12 scouts, but they have contacts in their own countries, so for example, Hans Gilhaus could say that
'My mate Dave says there's a really promising 15 year old CM at FC Twente, do you want me to take a butchers?'
As opposed to me looking for players to get him to scout, or sending him out on assignments. he should live in Holland, and just constantly be on the lookout for players.

Gavlarr2008
31-08-2008, 20:53
its probably already been mentioned, but in the transfer section, id like to do a search for players whio have set minimum release clauses

arsenal_2111
31-08-2008, 22:02
Hi, im portuguese so heres my wishlist :

Instead of we have to download facepacks, Id like the game to already have photos .
The game having shields of the teams, league, etc .. Like, the Benfica shield is an eagle, like this one .
Rosters of the teams updated to the maximum lool .
And i think this is the more important one . Id like that we can do press conferences after the game, like the journalists asks we questions and we answer them . Also, id like the game to have a better match engine, because since the CM 4 that the engine is mostly the same .

Miles, think about it and if anyone dont understand my english very well, PM me lool .

SI don't have licenses for the photo's, thats why they arent in the boxed game.
Again, SI don't have licenses
They are, squads are updated up to the latest transfer window, with a patch coming out after January and then WeeGiE updates in the next summer.
That already happens, but should be more in-depth. I too would like quick fire questions.
I agree, as long as it isnt a 3D match engine

duccio
31-08-2008, 22:47
Not a new thing, but I wish FM09 would sort player histories the same way FM07 did. For example, in FM08, when a player is loaned out consecutive seasons, there will be a record of the player having been at his parent club though he did not play a single competitive game for them that season. Very minor, but all those "empty" rows are a little bit irritating IMO.

george_2292
31-08-2008, 22:50
This would probably take a while, but I think a record of injuries would be nice to be included. Or if the scout commented on a players likelihood to be injured in a scout report (I don't think this is mentioned yet) - sometimes it can really ruin a youngsters career when they are out for 6 months.

Smac
01-09-2008, 01:09
This would probably take a while, but I think a record of injuries would be nice to be included. Or if the scout commented on a players likelihood to be injured in a scout report (I don't think this is mentioned yet) - sometimes it can really ruin a youngsters career when they are out for 6 months.

I'm happy to grant you your wish.

Its already in the game: Player --> History --> Injuries. Done!

leeds for ever
01-09-2008, 01:38
How about sorting out the 'Negotiation Bug' where you change a deal that has been negotiated and you can't get it back to the 'Meet Demands' option.

straccy vendoli
01-09-2008, 09:12
i think that you shouldn't be able to watch the correct ratings of the players in the game.
not even yours.
you can scout someone over and over,but you won't ever be sure that THAT numbers are the right ones.
it could depend by the quality of your scouts,by the times you scout a player and so on..
should be more realistic,i think..and i suppose this thing could be clinched to a variation of the player's characteristic..by myself i would change the range from 1-20 to 1-50..

rhydymwyn
01-09-2008, 12:03
Just about everything I could want has already been suggested (whether or not it is already in the game) but I do have one suggestion. (If this isn't a good 'in-game' feature, perhaps someone can make a Mac editor that lets me do this.)

I want the ability to clear ALL rosters and have everyone available as a free transfer.

This is actually rather fun, though there would need to be some way to guarantee that all teams would make an effort to sign players, as when I do this in '08, some (rather prominent) teams fail to sign more than two or three players.

At this point I have to use the editor to clear out players one at a time... how about one button?

Dimony
01-09-2008, 13:49
No longer being told I've done badly because I've lost to a club 2 divisions higher than mine in the Carling Cup and failed to make the 3rd round.

SnK41.int
01-09-2008, 21:15
When you manage a small club like LLM clubs and that the board does not allow you to send scouts abroad, we should request the board to be able to send 1 scout in 1 country and then choose that country to start a channel between this country and our club.

Manumoss
01-09-2008, 22:04
How about more interaction between relatives so in the relations section you'll have Fav Clubs, Fav Players and Relatives so in news reports like when you sign a player

for example

Man utd have Completed the Signing of Anton Ferdinand for Xmillion

Ferdinand whose brother Rio is currently Vice-captain at man u is said to be delighted at the oppurtunity to play alongside his brother

mordeth
02-09-2008, 00:12
well just a thought i had.....sorry if its been said before but im new so yeah

when coaching a national team, and your coming up to a friendly. you choose your team and the critics go crazy over including players who they feel are not good enough.

you should be able to choose from a list of options to tell the press wat your hoping to achieve from said friendly. for example

option 1 - looking to win so choosing best team
option 2 - looking to blood youngsters, result not important
option 3 - resting star players, giving fringe players an opportunity

stuff like that so when you lose the friendly there not so angry at you and such, and if you win then there happy cause you were trying something new and the new players played well

also you could try this with club games as well, like if theres a useless second leg game against like a league 2 team or something, your up 5-0 and want to play youngsters, have the same options so if it ends up being only 1-0 or a draw there not so disappointed.

just something that could help, might be to late now not sure but thought id add it

mordeth
02-09-2008, 00:29
Changing expectations - For example, I am Celtic, and the board want Champions League last 16 football. However, my group consists of Barcelona, Ajax and Everton. I personally think UEFA Cup football would be more realistic, but it would not please the board if I achieved this lower aim. So why not have the board come to you at critical times - i.e. after the draw for the Champions League qualifiers or group stage and ask what you can achieve.

also i think this is a good idea, start of season expectations should change if youve been put in a hard group. great idea for the board to ask wat you think you can achieve

Smac
02-09-2008, 02:49
Another simple one: If you arrange a good off-season cup it should be presented again the next year:

"Do you want to host the Tea Cup again this year?"

WestLake
02-09-2008, 05:18
I hope the random players will be better mainly in the body attributes to make the random players like a real football player,which can help us play the game a longer time.In FM2008,the random players always suck in some important attribute even not like a human being!And almost everybody has the habit that should not be stand by his position!I do hope FM2009 will be better.

addict071
02-09-2008, 17:51
I don't know is it possible,but I would like to see Bosnian ( I'm one :) ) league included in this version,and I'm not alone on this one. I know we are small market,but I know there is pretty large fan base in my country. There is patch with Bosnian league,but since I'm LLMing,I don't feel confortable using it,and I would love to take my local club to Euro-glory (yeah like I'm any good at this :) ).

And I could almost swear it will be something new and exciting even for non-bosnian LLaMas. You people can't even imagine how carp this league is :)

Hope someone competent will reply to this..thanks.

abdulqadir
02-09-2008, 23:57
Apologies if this has already been suggested but if for example I have :

Simon Cziommer AM C
Maarten Martens AM LC
Mounir El Hamdaoui AM/F C
Nick van der Velden AM/F C

and I sign Ismail Aissati to play as the central attacking midfielder, which makes Martens unhappy, I want to be able to tell Martens that my role for him in the team is to be (for example) the ML player, in other words I'd like there to be more detailed explanations available to the manager which tell the players their role in the side.

doc_
03-09-2008, 12:03
Sorry if this already came up but there are a lot of pages in this forum and, after a short look, I wasn't able to see an equal suggestion for future versions. This is something I wrote in the FM2009 & FM handheld info forum, nothing like a little copy/paste...

One thing i've always loved in the FM series is that you can do whatever you want with the players contracts, given limitations by the board. Unfortunatly, that's VERY rare in real life football, so why not make it real and let the deals and contracts be run by the board in the beggining and, if you start to be a part of the club, the board begin to give you more and more freedom?

I know what some of you will think: that's fine in buying players, but the board will sell them whenever they want. True, but not entirely. If the board receives a bid wich they like, why not give us - the manager - a chance now and then to decide? But that's a communications problem rather than a transfer one...

Let's say you want to buy a left back. Instead of doing it the old fashioned way (bid, offer contract, buy), you would have to talk to the board and ask for it.

There could be an initial option of choosing the player or players you want by adding - in the same way you add club friendlies, for example - and the board would try to buy them, or you could choose a type of player like in the transfer window (position; age; height; first team, backup or youth; etc.) and the club would give you, after a couple of days, a number of interested players wich, again, the club would try to buy according to your preference (x player first choice, y player second, and so on...).

When selling, there could be a similar way. The board would ask you (if he's a fringe, for the future, important player; etc.) and problably give you a choice of players to buy (if x player leaves, we can buy one of these 5 or 6).

All of this would, of course, be possible with the revamp of the board interaction, but that's another story.

Now the press area is, for me, the biggest flaw in the FM series. Mind you, there are problems in other areas - no game is perfect - but if you think it right, there are so many ways of interecting with the press that you should have AT LEAST one or two in the game! And that includes the ones already existing.

Pre-game questions (plural, yes), post-game commentaries (again, plural), player interviews and consequences of that interview, rumours (and there are so many of them like player x made a hard tackle in training to player y from the same club wich caused an injury...), big intervew when something special happens (100th game, champion, etc....), possible exit for bigger club (again, intervew...), the options are huge.

This said, I don't think it will be possible in FM2009. I'm just hoping it will be read by someone important and implemented in 2010!

Cheers

damienroden
03-09-2008, 13:14
i like the skin you could download where you could put the match screen in full screen, then just click out of it, you know when you have windows media on etc. was pretty cool. would be good if it was in the default skin.

TMLS
03-09-2008, 14:07
I'd like the player/team stats to be linked to a central database so that players are always up to date on commecning a new game, removing the need for a transfer patch :)

Be a bugger for the researchers though ;)

snootyjim
03-09-2008, 17:58
I'd like the player/team stats to be linked to a central database so that players are always up to date on commecning a new game, removing the need for a transfer patch :)

Be a bugger for the researchers though ;)

It would make challenges unbalanced as well

utrexis
03-09-2008, 21:22
I've been hoping someone would say this for years so I'm sick of waiting so I just set up an account to do it myself.

I used to love football manager up until 2 years ago when it became to difficult to succeed anymore. I eventually got bored of starting the season - winning the first few games then loosing every game - no matter how many times I change tactics or players.

I suggest next year you add difficulty levels - this way they hardcore players can have their challenge, while the casual players can just tinker away and still have a chance of winning without monitoring every tiny variable.

bladewhistler
03-09-2008, 21:36
In this new version i would like my mate and me to be able to play the same game online,not just play him home and away and not like footie manager live but 30 40 year career like u play 1 player in fm:)

jod123
04-09-2008, 00:39
In this new version i would like my mate and me to be able to play the same game online,not just play him home and away and not like footie manager live but 30 40 year career like u play 1 player in fm:)

You can already play a network game.

PompeY2J
04-09-2008, 03:17
I'd love to have a 2D stadium, so i can watch my fans and their reactions to what happens on the pitch. So if i score, my fans cheer and wave flags, and the opposing fans boo.

Boblard
04-09-2008, 03:37
Some features i'm hoping for in fm2009: (if they've already been said then sorry)
They're mainly only minor changes from '08 but i'd like:

some goals from corners actually counting (they're always disallowed it's ridiculous):mad:
tactics change straight away when you change them with no wait for a stoppage in play
being able to shout commands to players form the touchline during play (team talk type commands)
be able to give specific instructions to subs before they go on
realistic trade transfers (if arsenal won't swap you abou diaby for cristiano ronaldo then there's something wrong)
in games where you don't need to win, board shouldn't get angry when you field younger players and lose (i.e. champions league group stage when you're already through to knockouts)

i even got cristiano ronaldo disliking himself on '08.:eek: what's that all about?

PompeY2J
04-09-2008, 03:58
Some features i'm hoping for in fm2009: (if they've already been said then sorry)

some goals from corners actually counting (they're always disallowed it's ridiculous):mad:
tactics change straight away when you change them with no wait for a stoppage in play
being able to shout commands to players form the touchline during play (team talk type commands)
realistic trade transfers (if arsenal won't swap you abou diaby for cristiano ronaldo then there's something wrong)
in games where you don't need to win, board shouldn't get angry when you field younger players and lose (i.e. champions league group stage when you're already through to knockouts)

i even got cristiano ronaldo disliking himself on '08.:eek: what's that all about?

YES!!! The other team always seems to score right after you've made a tactics change

lightmind
04-09-2008, 05:54
actually one of the things I wish to see or improved would be closing down.. Instead of having a slider to choose between whole pitch or own half, I was thinking why not let us highlight or shade the area of the pitch where we want the player to close down? This way, we can be more specific with the closing down..

moz1980
04-09-2008, 09:41
PLAYER-MANAGER feature would be Great.!!! when adding your self through the editor they ends up being two of you when managing think this would be good for young people who are still playing football and would like to see them selfs on the pitch.!!

BlademanX
04-09-2008, 10:14
4D engine! with Crowd. diferent world stadiums in 4D

PAFC-ADAM
04-09-2008, 13:31
I remember a older version of fm, 05 maybe, where agents would recommend a player to you and show you a video of him doing what he does best then you have option to buy him. This was extremely gd and would like to see it again.

rakoon
04-09-2008, 13:48
[/LIST]
have you ever heard of UEFA coefficients? I'd be mad as hell, too

ThE BoMBeR
04-09-2008, 13:57

The suggestions in bold are great and they should seriously consider implementing them.

Arctic Fox
04-09-2008, 15:12
On injuries:

On an older version of the game (possibly Champ Man 00/01 or 01/02) you were able to see player's conditions once they had been injured (and forced to be taken off) so that you knew how badly injured they were (roughly) straight away.
Often you can tell if it's a nasty injury or a more minor one straight away and it would be helpful not to be left in the dark..

timmy
04-09-2008, 15:29
Clubs are subjected to economy changes, meaning to say when the world economy is bad, clubbs may have less money to spend. Would also like to see some clubs go under while others become suddenly rich just like Man city

Na Nic Nic Nicky
04-09-2008, 18:45
Mentioned this in another topic but am putting it here as well as this is the proper place.

This idea may well have been mentioned a 100 times before but just to make sure.

When buying players, there is the message where a player states his demands or simply says he doesn't think england or any other country would be a good career move, has no interest etc

It could be improved by allowing users to intereact with this player, telling him the ambitions of the club, e.g. make it into europe, avoid relegation or that it would help him improve as a player, generally just attempt to persuade him to join the team, rather than just have them say a flat out no, or if they are considering but only for a large offer.

Similarly, you could do it to tell a player you want to sell he isn't included in the long term plans, and needs to go elsewhere to persue 1st team football, international chances etc.

Boblard
04-09-2008, 23:54
have you ever heard of UEFA coefficients? I'd be mad as hell, too

i have heard of uefa coefficients, but it happens all the time. if a team's already through they field a weaker team to save their best players for other matches

mikegoodman25
05-09-2008, 00:07
In real life when the team at home scores there will always be some music for the fans over the PA system. It would be great if you could upload your own music so that when you score and you are at home then the music of your choice would play. Copyright would stop SI uploading automatically i would have thought so if users wanted to it could add realism to the game.

Neji
05-09-2008, 00:09
In real life when the team at home scores there will always be some music for the fans over the PA system. It would be great if you could upload your own music so that when you score and you are at home then the music of your choice would play. Copyright would stop SI uploading automatically i would have thought so if users wanted to it could add realism to the game.

Well n0va made a soundpack which has player chants when they score so this may not be beyond the realms of possibility.

Jaeren
05-09-2008, 18:28
I think you should be able to talk to your chairman more, like say specific things too him like if you sell this player i'll resign and the fans should respect you more. like if the chairman says like he's thinking of sacking you they should have a go at the chairman (becos they allways have a go at us)

I also think you should be able to do things with your earnings one suggestion is buying languages.

footman09_90
05-09-2008, 19:51
1) Crowd Chants - like the old days in Champman, really improved the atmosphere.
2) Greater atmosphere in Champions League nights.
3) Greater rivalry - Not just between teams but also things like Berbatov getting booed by Spurs fans when he goes back to White Hart Lane.
4) The board being even more pleased when you win the quadruple!
5) More depth in International games.
6) Players round the keeper more often.
7) Better commentary.
8) Be able to see managers etc in the dugout.
9) Same pitch texture/layout etc as real life eg Athletics track
10) Possibly being able to see the stadium around the pitch.
11) No players being called on International duty during a Champions League final!
12) Floodlights and shadows
13) Tell players to warm up.
14) The board wishing you Merry Christmas or Happy Birthday and maybe morale increasing in those times from players.
15) More options on what to say for everything.
16) Retake of a penalty once in a while.
17) More dribbling.
18) Better reaction saves, but not unrealistic misses from strikers eg 3 misses from 2 yards in a row.
19) Not being able to no when a goal is disallowed because it pauses!
20) Less frequency of players thinking the goal shouldn't of counted.
21) Less repetition eg I don't like responding to the same question 4 times a year like meeting an old player.......who cares anymore that you're playing against him?
22) When the board accept bids so often, surely we should be able to communicate with them a bit more saying ' Do not sell this guy!'
23) Better training reports or the opportunity to watch our players train.
24) Instructions to Subs before they come on.
25) Testimonials
26) Shout to players during matches
27) Fourth Officials
28) Postponed Matches due to rain etc
29) Rain/Sleet/Snow more often, and winds effecting the balls movement.
30) Players missing drugs test?
31) Players/Managers Taking to agents
32) Tunnels
33) Hear commentary
34) Tapping up of players
35) Refs whistles
36) More variety in free-kicks
37) New offside rule!!! and advantages

abceded
05-09-2008, 21:35
A Sky Sports News feature to the game.

Jimbokav1971
05-09-2008, 22:01
Small(ish) achievable things that I would like to see in the game.

I'm sure some of these at least will be ticked off bt FM09.

1. When my GK scores, I want it to recognise his seasonal goal milestones as it does other players, (ie every 5 goals). It recognises career league goals so why not seasonal league goals and career total goals at least?

2. When my GK is sent off it appears as a key highlight.

3. When my chairman buys/sells a player over your my head, I want the ability to issue him with an ultimatum saying "do that and I'm offski".

4. When viewing the "overall best eleven" screen, I don't want to just see the stats for the years in which the players were selected in an individual years best eleven. I want to see their complete stats while at the club, (including the years when they were not selected in the seasonal best eleven).

5. I would like to see prize money/attendances/sponsorship linked to continental coefficients, so the better/worse that teams from that nation do in continental competitions, the better/worse their prize money/attendances/sponsorship increases/decreases will be.

6. League, cup & continental stats included on History - career stats page without the need for selecting individual years.

7. Grey players to play at a level which is similar to that indicated by their attributes.

8. I don't want to be asked if a goal was off-side or not in a post match interview if it was the completely irrelevant 5th goal in a 5-0 drubbing. Ask me about winning 5-0 or losing 5-0 but not about the goal that may or may not have been off-side because nobody cares.

9. I would like squad filters to stay as I set them until I change them.

10. When other managers come to view our players in a match, I would like to see comment in the media if the player didn't play. Imagine I am managing Villa and both Benitez and whoever the new England manager is, (forgotten his name), come to watch Gareth barry, but I decide that he needs a rest and I will start him on the bench or even leave him out of the squad completely then I would expect/hope to get a comment from them and possibly a reaction from the player.

11. I would like to see GK momentum introduced. Currently you see GK's race off their line to come and claim balls right on the edge of their area, but miraculously be able to stop dead withot their momentum carrying both them anbd the ball out of the area.

12. I would like to see the subs warming up only behind the linesman rather than all the way up one side of the pitch.

13. I would like to see an increased number of PPM's in smaller leagues. Managing in N.Ireland it seems like the "PPM maker" has been given the decade off. I don't want the players to be as good as the English players, but I want them to want to try and do the same stuff.

14. In game commentary to reflect player history. ie. He's scored against his old club or he's tucked that one away against his childhood favourites.

15. When you are managing in the top league in any structure, (eg English Premier League, Spanish la Liga, Italian Seria A), you should be able to offer players bonus' for achieving European/Champions League Qualification in the same was as a lower league player might be offered a bonus for promotion. I would like to see it in an ascending scale like this.

A Promotion.
B European Qualification.
C Qualification for Champions League.
D Qualification for Group stages of Champions League/UEFA Cup.
E Qlification from Group stages.

At the moment it just gets to the top league and then stops.

16. The ability for strong club rivalries to be developed. If this is in the game then great, but the information screen giving info on this doesn't get updated.

17. I would like to see individual player,target specific bonus' eg. 1000 for 20 league goals/assists/clean sheets.

18. Media comments about playing against old players again and again and again. In a big structure like England it may not be too repetetive but in a smal structure by comparison like N.Ireland, (still 4 tiers), it happens every week now. Imagine a nation with only 1 league? It also seems to make no difference whether the plater in question is actually going to play or not.

19. Clubs having disliked staff. Like Ince and Fat Frank at West Ham. Like **** at Spurs. I appreciate that this might not be possible for real players due to licensing but maube it;s something that could beintroduced with Fred's and appropriate media comments and player reaction as a result.

20. The English structure Salary Cap that is in place now in League 1 & League 2 and I think the Conference Nat as well.

21. I'd like top see the Director of football role implemented as an option that could be selected/deselected pre-game. So if you were manager of Real madrid, Spurs, West Ham, Newcastle you got to select a shortlist of players from which hopefully any potential transfer targets would be purchased.

22. At the moment you can't see standard stats for non competetive games? I would like these games to be treated in the same way as competetive games and allow us to view nasic stats such as Avg Tackles, Pass %, Shots on target. The other stats are there so why not these?

23. Change match ratings so that giving away a penalty is judged in exactly the same way whether the penalty is scored or not.

24. Change the way that GK match ratings are calculated. At the moment they seem to use the same/similar fornulae to outfield players. I want to see a system that rates them on such things as making saves and not how many succesful passes they make or whether they aimlessly hoofed the ball up the pitch and managed a flukey assist.

25. An upgrade to the holiday mode system to allow the following.

-Multiple tactics (eg home and away).

-1st and 2nd choices for whom to play in what positions.

-An option for the Ass Man/Chairman to purchase players.

option 1 Buy any players.

option 2 Only buy players on shortlist.

option 3 Do not buy any players.

26. It's quite a nice little feature that allows you to take a "screenshot" at the pressing of a button that is auto saved to a file somewhere, but it currently saves it in the wrong format I think. It should be saved as a JPEG.

27. According to the recent videos The Ass Man is now giving increased and detailed feed-back with regards to tactics during a game. I would like coaches to be doing the same with regards to feedback/advice with regards to training. The Ass Man & Coaches should really be used as a help feature to guide the user. If we don't want/need to use then then great, but if we do then they should be available. As the game becomes more in fepth and challenginig, this allows you to accomodate those of you who do not feel able to "pick up and play" any more.

steadyede
06-09-2008, 00:32
Most of these are really good, theres one not far up about the buying/selling players and i just wanted to add to that.
When bidding for a player, if funds are average i.e. you cant afford 20m to buy Clichy then when NEGOTIATE with Arsenal, you should have a better guide as to what other incentives could sway their decision, rather that simply adding on a percentage clause (guessing).
This could work like the assistant managers suggested players for transfer, except it would be more insightful than just offering players that Arsenal (e.g.) would have recently bid on. You could NEGOTIATE rather than shooting and hoping, because rebidding gets tedious. I.e. moving from initial offer of 15m to a bid of 16m plus assurances of 1m if clichy makes 10 int. appearances is much better than having to sell just to raise your bid (too simple for a complex game.
Another thing is that it should be easier to find out what players would move on loan, generally you can only pick up youngsters, but if you tried to emulate the fortunes of Tevez and Mascherano to West Ham it would be pretty impossible. So maybe there could be a list on the information screen or something similar perhaps.
I just feel these suggestions would motivate me to play with a team like Aston Villa rather than Man City (who have loads more money and wouldnt have to seek for such guidelines when dealing with transfers/loans.

tenthreeleader
06-09-2008, 01:31
Save-game compatibility. I wish I could start a long-term game in one version of the game and carry it over to the next instead of having to start over from the beginning. Every year. :(

fondoogle
06-09-2008, 01:39
please could you sort out away attendances... would love to know how many fans i take away with me. cheers.

rinso
06-09-2008, 02:16
the ability to discipline players for consistently picking up yellow cards.. my lb (aggression of 6, btw) has picked up no fewer than 40 in just over 4 seasons, but i cant do anything about it!

Tasque
06-09-2008, 11:29
1. Make the pre-game editor tell you if the same exact attribute values you chose will be the same when you start a new game. If you say a player has CA of say 145 it would help if you knew the limits of how the stats can be distributed.

2. Go in holiday - An option to choose 1st choice, second choice player, 3rd etc for each position.

3. Fix closing down. Fix closing down. FIX CLOSING DOWN.

4. Fix swap positions/man-marking after substitutions.

5. Make a processor benchmark.

6. Improve training.

Sensoker23
06-09-2008, 23:20
Add some kind of football software like ProZone or Amisco.

I know, it is not about copying CM, but actually is a very useful tool and it would be a very interesting thing to add.

footman09_90
06-09-2008, 23:50
Also when clicking on a player after a season the history should show the goals and average rating from the whole season instead of just league goals and avg rating.

Jimbokav1971
07-09-2008, 07:24
Small(ish) achievable things that I would like to see in the game.

I'm sure some of these at least will be ticked off bt FM09.

When my GK scores, I want it to recognise his seasonal goal milestones as it does other players, (ie every 5 goals). It recognises career league goals so why not seasonal league goals and career total goals at least?

When my GK is sent off I want it to appear as a key highlight.

When my chairman buys/sells a player over your my head, I want the ability to issue him with an ultimatum saying "do that and I'm offski".

When viewing the "overall best eleven" screen, I don't want to just see the stats for the years in which the players were selected in an individual years best eleven. I want to see their complete stats while at the club, (including the years when they were not selected in the seasonal best eleven).

I would like to see prize money/attendances/sponsorship linked to continental coefficients, so the better/worse that teams from that nation do in continental competitions, the better/worse their prize money/attendances/sponsorship increases/decreases will be.

League, cup & continental stats included on History - career stats page without the need for selecting individual years.

Grey players to play at a level which is similar to that indicated by their attributes.

I don't want to be asked if a goal was off-side or not in a post match interview if it was the completely irrelevant 5th goal in a 5-0 drubbing. Ask me about winning 5-0 or losing 5-0 but not about the goal that may or may not have been off-side because nobody cares.

I would like squad filters to stay as I set them until I change them.

When other managers come to view our players in a match, I would like to see comment in the media if the player didn't play. Imagine I am managing Villa and both Benitez and whoever the new England manager is, (forgotten his name), come to watch Gareth Barry, but I decide that he needs a rest and I will start him on the bench or even leave him out of the squad completely then I would expect/hope to get a comment from them and possibly a reaction from the player.

I would like to see GK momentum introduced. Currently you see GK's race off their line to come and claim balls right on the edge of their area, but miraculously be able to stop dead withot their momentum carrying both them anbd the ball out of the area.

I would like to see the subs warming up only behind the linesman rather than all the way up one side of the pitch, (Idea originally from Si BHA).

I would like to see an increased number of PPM's in smaller leagues. Managing in N.Ireland it seems like the "PPM maker" has been given the decade off. I don't want the players to be as good as the English players, but I want them to want to try and do the same stuff.

In game commentary to reflect player history. ie. He's scored against his old club or he's tucked that one away against his childhood favourites.

When you are managing in the top league in any structure, (eg English Premier League, Spanish la Liga, Italian Seria A), you should be able to offer players bonus' for achieving European/Champions League Qualification in the same was as a lower league player might be offered a bonus for promotion. I would like to see it in an ascending scale like this.

A Promotion.
B European Qualification.
C Qualification for Champions League.
D Qualification for Group stages of Champions League/UEFA Cup.
E Qlification from Group stages.

At the moment it just gets to the top league and then stops.

The ability for strong club rivalries to be developed. If this is in the game then great, but the information screen giving info on this doesn't get updated.

I would like to see individual player, target specific bonus' eg. 1000 for 20 league goals/assists/clean sheets.

Media comments about playing against old players again and again and again. In a big structure like England it may not be too repetetive but in a smal structure by comparison like N.Ireland, (still 4 tiers), it happens every week now. Imagine a nation with only 1 league? It also seems to make no difference whether the player in question is actually going to play or not.

Clubs having disliked staff. Like Ince and Fat Frank at West Ham. Like **** at Spurs. I appreciate that this might not be possible for real players due to licensing but maube it;s something that could beintroduced with Fred's and appropriate media comments and player reaction as a result.

The English structure Salary Cap that is in place now in League 1 & League 2 and I think the Conference Nat as well.

I'd like top see the Director of football role implemented as an option that could be selected/deselected pre-game. So if you were manager of Real madrid, Spurs, West Ham, Newcastle you got to select a shortlist of players from which hopefully any potential transfer targets would be purchased.

At the moment you can't see standard stats for non competetive games? I would like these games to be treated in the same way as competetive games and allow us to view nasic stats such as Avg Tackles, Pass %, Shots on target. The other stats are there so why not these?

Change match ratings so that giving away a penalty is judged in exactly the same way whether the penalty is scored or not.

Change the way that GK match ratings are calculated. At the moment they seem to use the same/similar fornulae to outfield players. I want to see a system that rates them on such things as making saves and not how many succesful passes they make or whether they aimlessly hoofed the ball up the pitch and managed a flukey assist.

An upgrade to the holiday mode system to allow the following.

-Multiple tactics (eg home and away).

-1st and 2nd choices for whom to play in what positions.

-An option for the Ass Man/Chairman to purchase players.

option 1 Buy any players.

option 2 Only buy players on shortlist.

option 3 Do not buy any players.

It's quite a nice little feature that allows you to take a "screenshot" at the pressing of a button that is auto saved to a file somewhere, but it currently saves it in the wrong format I think. It should be saved as a JPEG.

According to the recent videos The Ass Man is now giving increased and detailed feed-back with regards to tactics during a game. I would like coaches to be doing the same with regards to feedback/advice with regards to training. The Ass Man & Coaches should really be used as a help feature to guide the user. If we don't want/need to use then then great, but if we do then they should be available. As the game becomes more in fepth and challenginig, this allows you to accomodate those of you who do not feel able to "pick up and play" any more.

28. When a player has dual nationality, and represents his 2nd Nationality at U19 level, I want the flag next to the U19 info on his profile to indicate that he has represented his seconday nation at U19 level and not his primary nation. At the moment it stays the same so it is a little misleading. The easiest answer would be ton introduce a 2nd flag for the nation he has represented next to the U19 info.

WH
07-09-2008, 10:48
I have to admit i did not read all the suggestions to se if this is already there.

You can suggest that your players would make a good coach or manager, some times they do become one sometimes they dont. Would it be possible to have an option to suggest they try for their coaching badges. I had Jamie Carragher, told him he would make a good coach and he said he would definatly like to be a coach. Then he retired and disappeared from the game. Could you have a section, where it says "plans to retire" where it says "plans to attain coaching badges". There could be a news message when they pass or fail their course. Then it would be easier to appoint club favorites as staff.

Adam_bluebird1901
07-09-2008, 14:05
England C side being made up (the England Non League team) would be good when managing in the Blue Square Leagues.

Giant Ant With a Gun
07-09-2008, 14:50
The ability to ask previous managers of a club what their experiences with said club have been. So for example, I could ask Kevin Keegan what he thought of Newcastle and he could give me feedback such as, "The board like to interfere in transfer issues."

Or something like that.

soccerjack
07-09-2008, 15:14
I would like to see that the fans arent unhappy about young player you buy when they arent good enough for the squad, when you have bought that player because the big chance he is becomming a future star. (from the information you recieve from scouts)

This especially when you have lots of $$$ to spend and snatch a player for a small % of your total budget.

edit: I would like to see 2 shortlists so you can put players in your second shortlist as players who you might want to buy at a later stage because you currently lack the money, you want to see them develop, etc.

santa19
07-09-2008, 15:23
Now that SI have announced that their using a 3d match engine in FM09 they should for future versions develop a 3d view of stadiums and 3d view style stadium developments screen, managers do have a say in the plans of stadiums and new stadiums seem to be announced every year recently so this feature i reckon should be added. Plus they should introduce some sort of kinghthood scheme where if you e.g. win the treble, you get knighted like in real life (Sir Alex Ferguson). Plus agents need to be more involed in the game as they play a huge part in every transfer nowadays and they can decide alone whether a player goes to a club or not, not the player or club. SI therefore need to address this and put this into the game.

ikenna
07-09-2008, 18:50
for instance ur during a match ur playa is injured and u find out d injury is for 2 months or longer..u should be able to publicly critisize the player for violent behaviour and even say you think the F.A should give him a ban:just liike the eduardo incident...

utrexis
07-09-2008, 21:55
This is an abominable comment from a man who belived he knows all the answers. I pose this to you friend, are you or are you not a true fan of Football Manager. Are you a fool?

Difficulties levels in fm would be impossible you dog. Just don;t post again you dell using gypsy

*****I'm sorry - I totally agree - difficulty levels are essential - FM is becoming too complex and I dont think the poster of this comment is a fool. Whoever made this arrogant reply obviously has no life!!! The point is absolutly correct. I bought Championship Manager this year after spending a month trying to win at football manager and failing. I got really frustrated cause there was cool functions in Football Manager - but I dont wanna waste time picking new tactics to deal with each team each week. I wanna spend my time playing the transfer market - finding cool youths and making them stars by training and giving them first team chances. I dont want to research other teams thats too much work.

The old system worked great for this and them some annoying people made it seem a little less fun and a little bit more like a job. There is a fine line here people and some people like the new system while others dont.

Yes maybe difficulty levels is a big fix - requires revisiting AI for many differant modes. However if you make the game unplayable to a whole community the game will become less and less popular as only an elite few will end up buying it.

Bring back the AI from 06 thats my opinion!!!

Scotty Walds
08-09-2008, 12:19
So, in other words, you're not very good at FM anymore - so it should be changed to suit you?

My Broken Metatarsal
09-09-2008, 00:20
I'd really like to see a vast improvement on the AI of non-human managers, who they select, who they purchase etc, I just watched Man Utd vs Newcastle and though trailing 2-3 to Newcastle, Juande Ramos (the United Manager!) rather than taking of Evra who had a rating of 4, he took off an uninjured Ronaldo the only decent player for United with a rating of 8, needless to say the game ended 2-3 to Newcastle, Roy Keane also made a gaffe he bought a midfielder called Marco Donadel from Villa for 12,250,000 + Craig Gordan ?? Gordan being Sunderlands best player, it kind of ruins the feeling of being part of a realistic football world, at present Ramos (Man Utd), Wenger (Arsenal) and Keegan (Newcastle) are all under pressure, the media keeps linking ...... Tony Mowbray with taking over, even Dave Jones was rumoured with United..... seriously, there should be an algorithm for top clubs that only managers that have worked already with top clubs get linked to with top jobs, ditto International management, I'm in 2011 and due to playing with only English leagues, English teams dominate Europe completely, Champions League won in 2008: Chelsea, 2009: Arsenal, 2010: Arsenal, 2011: Arsenal Vs Chelsea, so again the AI that determines these fixtures needs to be looked at, also due to only having england playable, there are a lot of unrealistic transfers from England to the continent, Aaron Lennon & Gareth Barry are at Inter, Kevin Doyle??? is at A.C. Milan.... I know this is a bit rambling, but perhaps you get my drift, I only reached the premiership this season with Nottm Forest and I hope not be pitting myself against David Platt's Arsenal

doc_
09-09-2008, 10:01
I've discussed a few days ago in this topic something in the likes of the director of football and the chairmans role in buying and selling but it wasn't that well explained, so, if you don't mind, i'll just copy/paste what i've said yesterday in another topic (director of football).

First of all, I play manager since the amiga years (the manager was my first; aaaah the blue player trying to lob the red keeper for him to push it away at the last second...) so i'm more than accostumed to buying and selling players, and the way the cm/fm series have always delt with it was and still is the best way. That is to say, until now.

One thing that has been discussed here I totally agree with: the english and continental manner of dealing with transfers are completely different, and it should be reflected accordingly. Not only that, but it should reflect the type of president/general director/football director way of working. And if you look closely, this is will make the game even more appealing.

Imagine this: you want to manage an english team and your undecided between aston villa and west ham, just because you like the claret and light blue kits. What do you do? You check out the players, the stadium, facilities, staff... and the type of president/general director/football director!

Besides, in the same way that you begin to ask for parent clubs and the board let you decide the type you want after a few years in the club, why not make it possible to do the same in the transfer department? The more you're a part of the club, the more freedom you'll get...

But not having liberty doesn't mean less fun.

You want to buy a left back. You go to the transfer list, and use it the same way as always; filter, interested players, left back, and the result is - let's imagine - 200. you approach a player the same way but, instead of giving money to the club, you just approach him, and you do the same to 20 more players. From then on, its up to the director; he negociates the transfer fee, contract, whatever and comes back with a message after a few days: "player x will sign for us, do you want him to?" or "5 players have signed for us, wich ones do you want?" or even after just one day "the director doesn't think you need a player for that position", wich could give a whole variety of news: questions by the jornalists, ultimatums to the board "it's him or me!", etc, etc, etc.

Then you have the continental way of managering.

Let's say your Reggiana. The president was fairly indifferent to your transfer policy (let's face it, you probably only brought in out of contract players...) and you managed to get the club on serie A in 2 years, so you start to receive good job offers. The president comes to you and says "my good man, your outstanding performance has given me no solution but to fire the football director and give you total liberty to decide everything related to transfers. The club is in your hands".

But then comes along Parma.

"We have been watching you and we think that you will be a great adition to our staff. You will have the power to choose who you want to send out of the club, but the general manager will make the shortlist of players to buy - or you can give a list of players you want to buy (let's say 10 per position) and in a few days the general manager will give you the answer".

So you start to wonder... Reggiana with total freedom or Parma with lesser one? In the meanwhile... Ancellotti is sacked and THEY WANT YOU!

"hello, my name is Silvio Berlusconi and I think you have a great future in the game and want you to be our new head coach. That said, because of your inexperience as a manager, we will control the financial and transfers section of the club. You will have a last say in some aspects of it, but only as an opinion."

So, total freedom in Reggiana, lesser in Parma or none in Milan?

Cheers.

P.S. - Sorry about the post... a little long I know.

OUFC_Rob
09-09-2008, 17:13
Sorry if these have already been suggested, I'm not prepared to go through 32 pages to find out.

I would like you to be able to set more specific closing down instructions to your players.
For example, sometimes I want my striker to close down the keeper when he receives a back pass or for my wingers to put pressure on the oposition full backs when they are in possesion, however at the moment I would have to set their closing down to "whole pitch". This means they track back to close players down in less advanced positions when I don't want them to.

Also I would like to see the option for one of your players to man-mark an oposing player (can this be done already?).

rinso
09-09-2008, 20:21
id like the ability to see who is classed as home-grown BEFORE it comes to registering sqaud for the champions league

rinso
09-09-2008, 20:23
Also I would like to see the option for one of your players to man-mark an oposing player (can this be done already?).

should be able to do that already, tactics screen, click ont he player you want to be the marker, and theres a drop down box entitled "marking"

Falkirk
09-09-2008, 21:49
Can you, by any chance, put the 'Games Played' Stat back on the Selection Filter.
I'd personally rather see that back than the Current Ability Stars.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=44240

5iver
10-09-2008, 04:06
I think that your transfer policy as a manager should be under great scrutiny, by a variety of factors, such as board, supporters, media, assistant manager, rest of squad.

Sometimes seasons can go by in FM2008 and it gets repetitive, the start of season doesn't have much excitement, except when a big-name signing comes and you announce your board expectations. I would like a more detailed 'board room' meeting with ideas and targets firmly negotiated. Thus, for example if you are at Man Utd, you could say:

"My first priority is to purchase a goalkeeper."

And then you could state what his importance is to you such as:
-I want him to compete with Van der Sar for a first-team start.
-I want him to provide cover for Van der Sar.
-I want him to be backup but with view of replacing Van der Sar in 1/2 years. (Thus, a player could be informed that his squad status will 'automatically' get promoted in the 2nd/3rd season of his contract etc.)
-I feel Van der Sar is too old, and would like a direct replacement for Van der Sar.

Thus if the board look for suitable players or deliberate on how much $$$ they would be willing to spend on both club and player wages, these factors could be taken into consideration.

Thus, I would like every transfer to be carefully negotiated for and its purpose in improving the squad is defined (for which after a season or two, it can be evaluated accordingly by media/board etc.)

Other examples would be:

-Manager X was wise in spending a mere 1.5million euros for Player Y who has duly delievered as the 3rd centre-back of the team.
-Fans are excited by the passion of Player Y, who at mere 19 years of age, has the potential to become a world-class player. The transfer fee of 8 million euros was justified, even though fans were a bit surprised to see such an amount spent on a young striker who has starred only 1 season in the Argentinian top flight.

Faryds
10-09-2008, 04:50
These are my suggestions. I'm using a translator. Original post (in Spanish): here (http://www.fmsite.net/foro/index.php?showtopic=29437&view=findpost&p=973026)

- Reasons why a club rejects your job application:
* You do not have enough experience
* You do not have enough titles
* You have no effective acceptable
* We do not want Argentine coaches

- Reasons for resignation:
* I am leaving because I will manage another club/country
* I am leaving because I do not get along with the team
* I am leaving because I am not satisfied with my salary
* I am leaving because I am not in conformity with the president, xD.

- People and clubs favorites:
* If I always take the same player or coach to other teams, I want to be able to add him manually to my favorite people.
* Same with clubs, If I'm 2000 days in a club, I want to be able to put it as another favourite club since I originally selected Independiente as my favourite.

That's it.

Cheers

Scream78
10-09-2008, 08:57
Good morning,

it is my first post after SIGames changed all the forum system. I don't know if it is too late for some modifications that I would like to suggest. I hope that they could be included on the new version of the game. Let's start....

1) When you start with a low division team, sometimes they don't have a reserve team, they only have youth team, so after some years in the youth team you must loan them to other teams, make them play in the 1st team (usually not recommended), or just sell them. Is it possible to have the possibility to create the reserve team? Same as to remove it. Is similar as when you are invited to play your sub-teams leagues.

2) When you buy a non-EU player, after the needed time to apply for the nationality, sometimes they just remain without acquiring the nationality. I understand that could be the player decision, but a good idea is to force them to sign in contract that after the needed years they must to, or add an option to suggest the player to get it. I think that it will be more realistic.

3) When you play with a low division team, if you want to contract a new employee, sometimes the chairman blocks your transfer. I think that if you are UNDER the wage budget, they don't have to care how many coaches, scouts, physios or whatever I want to contract.

4) When you contract a youngster, lets say 15yo, they must be equal to an own youth player, for example when you select players for Champions League, that you must add own junior players. When seasons starts it could be good to choose on youth market which players you need or want to come to your youth team.

5) When you move to an AI team, some employees are set to your reserve team, or youth team, I mean physios etc... I kno that is possible to choose their trainer. Why do I not have that possibility?

I think these are the most important ideas I have. If i'm on time to give some more ideas, please let me know and I will do.

Please could any of SI Team tell me if any idea will be added, or has been added, or they will be investigated?

I have another question: could I be a beta tester?
Thank you very much and congratulations to your game.

;)

MikaelS
10-09-2008, 19:23
I really don't know where to post this, but what about more detailed statistics? I for one is unhappy about the poor level of history for ex. a player. The history screen only shows league games. I would love to see more history.

Superman_uk123
10-09-2008, 19:53
Something simple thaat I have forgotten to add it earlier, but when it comes to selecting "All Players from a Nation" instead of having a drop down menu, have a tick box similar to when you select which league you want to play in, as at the moment it takes a heck of while tos select all of the playing nations.

Small change I know but hey, it would make this devoted fans life a little easier. :D :D

Piisuke
10-09-2008, 20:41
There are a few things I'd like to see in the game.

A.

The game seems to trick you, most commonly with the second season. Usually the second season becomes twice as difficult, due to the AI giving you more resistance.
Personally I find this odd, as in real football, the season's difficulty doesn't change either. Teams change and thus could end up stronger, or weaker, but that is the only change.
The AI also seems to like to mess around, as I have encountered many many many times, when I scored a goal and a minute later the computer scored a goal, there are various of these situations that I am sure most of you know.

B.

Some other features. I don't know if any of you guys know the old game called: Ultimate Football Manager. If not, look it up.
Anyway, the game featured many options not seen in other football managing games, even up to today. It allowed you to improve your own stadium, choose your own advertisement, add facilities and basically allowed you to act like a chairman, as well as manager.
I think it'd be a neat idea if something like this would be added to Football Manager as well.

C.

More pictures of players. There are still tons of players without pictures. Is it difficult to obtain the pictures? Like, are the clubs being pedantic about this or something?
Personally I fail to see why many players don't have pictures, as the club websites usually have them up.

Anyway, these are just a few things I can think of. Hopefully a staff member will read these and thinks, "Hey! The chairman options in USM were pretty neat, let's add something similar in this game."

Jannersaint
10-09-2008, 20:42
ALL FAIRLY EASY TO INCLUDE I THINK

I'd like to have the option of taking the coaching team with me when I move clubs. Something we often see as most managers try to bring their backroom staff.

I'd also like to give a players wishlist to the chairman, I think that's how a lot of Championship with limited funds work when there aren't big bucks.

I'd like to be able to interact with fans. I play as Southampton and the fans get demanding even when I finish in playoffs but my matchday team is only an average age of 19. In reality the fans would be excited about what I am buidling for the future.

I'd like to set playing instructions for some players that they will always play to, such as a player with a good long range shot to always use it rather than the instruction being specific to a position within your tactic. Some wingers like beckham you would want to always cross from deep whereas Walcott you would instruct to get to the byline. If the instruction for your right winger is byline you need to change the instruction when you make a substitution but the instruction could be set as player specific....(does that make sense?)

I'd like all football personel to be in the game, even TV pundits like Shearer and Hanson who you could try and tempt into the game.

I'd like to see testimonials and charity games on occassions.

I'd like to be able to get my team more disciplined and interact and develope players personalities more. The player unhappy charachteristics should be easier to solve with improved interaction (discussion?)

What do you think?

MisterGaz
10-09-2008, 23:30
I'd like to see...

A more realistic reputation system.
e.g. whilst managing Billericay I was offered a job in Serie B in Italy. A bit unrealistic!

When a goal is scored in stoppage time, instead of it being displayed as 90, it should be 90+2 or whatever extra minute is appropriate

Wishlist for chairman, dependant on the clubs financial resources and reputation

More audio files to complement the matchday experience

When creating your profile, the ability to select multiple languages

Zico
11-09-2008, 14:22
It must be easier to get rid of players who you don't like and who know they'll never play for you again. In my case, Damien Duff sitting in the Newcastle reserves on 60,000 pounds a week. I've offered him to other clubs for 0 (zero) pounds and no one's interested. In older version of FM you had the ability to pay part of a player's wages if he agreed to go to another club and I wish we could see this again. I'm sure that while there are a few Winston Bogardes out there -- players who are happy to sit in the reserves for 40,000 a week -- most professional players would want to play as often as they could and if a manager said "You're never going to appear for this club again as long as I'm in charge," the player would get the hint and go somewhere else.

Jannersaint
11-09-2008, 21:08
It must be easier to get rid of players who you don't like and who know they'll never play for you again. In my case, Damien Duff sitting in the Newcastle reserves on 60,000 pounds a week. I've offered him to other clubs for 0 (zero) pounds and no one's interested. In older version of FM you had the ability to pay part of a player's wages if he agreed to go to another club and I wish we could see this again. I'm sure that while there are a few Winston Bogardes out there -- players who are happy to sit in the reserves for 40,000 a week -- most professional players would want to play as often as they could and if a manager said "You're never going to appear for this club again as long as I'm in charge," the player would get the hint and go somewhere else.

YES YES!:thup:

Randdalf
11-09-2008, 21:53
I'd like to see the following feature in some iteration of the game: A football chairman role you can take up if you gain enough money to buy a club, switching the game from a football focus to a more business one. It's hardly football management, but it's something I've never seen before in a game.

danhieux
12-09-2008, 13:22
Transfer system.
Just a quick thought on the new transfer system.

Will you still be able to see what clubs are interested in players? This seems a little unrealistic to me. I would like to see a system whereby if a club has expressed a definate interest in a player (ie Liverpool with Gareth Barry, tottenham with Arshavin) then this should be clearly stated. However, where is it only a rumour (ie Liverpool with David Silva, Villa with Milner) this should be made clear. It seems a little unfair that as a manager adds a player to his shortlist everyone else around the world becomes immediatley aware. I would also like to see the opportunity for a club to buy a player without anyone becoming aware until the trasfer is completed (I am aware this is difficult in the current media age).

Just a thought.

Matt

fondoogle
13-09-2008, 15:58
away attendances... please put away attendances in.

arsenal_2111
13-09-2008, 16:58
These are my suggestions. I'm using a translator. Original post (in Spanish): here (http://www.fmsite.net/foro/index.php?showtopic=29437&view=findpost&p=973026)

- Reasons why a club rejects your job application:
* You do not have enough experience
* You do not have enough titles
* You have no effective acceptable
* We do not want Argentine coaches

- Reasons for resignation:
* I am leaving because I will manage another club/country
* I am leaving because I do not get along with the team
* I am leaving because I am not satisfied with my salary
* I am leaving because I am not in conformity with the president, xD.

- People and clubs favorites:
* If I always take the same player or coach to other teams, I want to be able to add him manually to my favorite people.
* Same with clubs, If I'm 2000 days in a club, I want to be able to put it as another favourite club since I originally selected Independiente as my favourite.

That's it.

Cheers

Hi:)

Which translator did you use? It's very good!

Ranbir
14-09-2008, 11:52
No copy protection, distribution through Stardock's Impulse platform. Longer post-launch support.

Oh but the game itself, if a game is on neutral ground, stop retaining the home-away language and advantage/disad mechanic.

SCIAG
14-09-2008, 12:14
Some of the things suggested here are already in the game.

Jimbokav: Clubs do have disliked personal. Check the editor ;)

It's Football Manager for a reason. Once you stop and think about Football Chairman, you'll realsie how little there would actually be to do.

mrg134
14-09-2008, 12:35
I would like you to post new ideas about FM.
I think that our ideas can help SI and SEGA to make FM even better.

i would like to see more pics of players, it helps in terms of transfers to see who you are buying, ie, a big strong centre forward/back, or a pacy winger who can beat men, its good to know what the player looks like that you are developing into a world class player, also it would be great if these pics could age every year to keep in line with players getting older.

kingrobbo
15-09-2008, 00:18
Hi to all......I would like to see an option in the transfer section where you can agree to purchase a player and loan him straight back to the selling club( I know you could do this with the editor...but more realistic during in -game situations)..i.e. big club wants to get a youngster from a smaller team before he gets snapped up by someone else.
I would love the editor to be a real time one so current injuries/transfers/club take overs could be addressed......I know there are some great real time editors available but they are limited..you cant transfer/create people etc etc

One other thing would be the facility to create a tournament...i.e. uk home champs at end of domestic season england/scotland etc

The ability to interact with players more.........................such as leaving out a star player to protect him for a big game etc../more interaction doesnt have to be through media...just between you and player, for things like a kick up the bum for recent form/advice re-future games etc (currently you can ask/ tell a player you are going to rest him this usually upsets many players perhaps if you could give more reasons would create more understanding from your squad and be more realistic)

One last thing would be the ability to create sponsors...love the FM series have them all looking forward to 2009 looks great.

FM_returner
15-09-2008, 03:54
1. Weather postponements and abandonments

2. Red card for handball on the line (never seen this in the game)

3. Players like Rory Delap who have long throws should be more effective

PompeY2J
15-09-2008, 05:19
i would like to see more pics of players, it helps in terms of transfers to see who you are buying, ie, a big strong centre forward/back, or a pacy winger who can beat men, its good to know what the player looks like that you are developing into a world class player, also it would be great if these pics could age every year to keep in line with players getting older.

I agree it would be nice, but i don't think it is practical. The difficulty in adding a way that the game can realistically age pictures of a player would be far too great for what little benefit it would add to the game.

Firaz786
15-09-2008, 05:30
actually, i disagree - yeah there mite not be much to do as a chairman, but then there again there could b alot to do for example watch newcastle.

you can be a chairman and decide wat manager you want for th club and giv ur reasons why u want that manager and also y u want to sack that manager, also giv a contract to th manager that you think is relevant and decide how much money u want to invest into the club,

also, you could not interfere at all and jus keep quiet or if too quiet, hav a manager and th fans mayb question ur commitment or be fully involved in th team and mayb interfere too much by demandin to buy or sell a player and giv a reason, and decide wen u want to sell th club aswell as staff, and giv press conferences etc. there is alot to do

also, improve th staduims and training methods and also, be able to discuss with th manager bout transfer targets and possibly havin a manager com up to u and say wat player th manager wants and see how much extra you can giv to get th player or tell th manager it isnt possible, and set up targets for th manager to achieve and set up th transfer and wage budgets, and even suggest what players you want to play or which player u dont want to play in a followin match and recall players from internationals, basically hav a say in a lot of things

thats quite a lot of things you can do with th chairman and i hope it does work or at least try n attempt to try somthin bout it cos in th end of th day, it is managin a football club, except you're actually managin th club as a whole

n everythin i hav said does happen cos recently over th past 5 years, chairmen hav slowly grown into th football world and hav a say and hav alot of activity instead of jus som1 bein an owner and givin money out to buy players.

sunnyday
15-09-2008, 07:01
Apologies if this have already been suggested.

Shareholders Dividends
I really like to see an “option” for Shareholders Dividends. It will be nice for gamers, whom is interested to manage a club, and also watch the revenues grow. It’s another form of achievement for playing the game. For me, I love to discover young future potential player which might help the team to win the league. The young player, can later be sold for huge profit, in the transfer market. But at the end of the season, only to see the profit given out as Shareholders Dividends. It really spoil the mood and fun. After 2 or 3 season, I can't generate any further interest, as huge dividends is given out to shareholders.

Scotty Walds
15-09-2008, 15:38
Shareholder dividends are realistic, so why should they be optional?

gianno
15-09-2008, 15:59
One feature that I would like to see is to have the option to warm up players before getting into the game as subs.

Mr Sandman
15-09-2008, 16:42
I just wish they'd add the Egyptian league, i like the African CL and with two African leagues running it'd be more competitive and fun

Speng
15-09-2008, 18:57
How about adding some kind of 'after-life' for footballers when they retire?

For example, say you managed a great loyal player and he retired after a while.

If he chooses not to continue as a coach/scout/physio etc, normally he gets wiped out of the system and never get to see him again.

Sometimes, when I play all the way to 2050 or something, I want to look back to what I have been doing for 40+ years and interact or get in touch with players who used to play for me.

So what I suggest is, instead of wiping the player out, he should still stay in the system but with other profession such as a groundsman or a media officer at the club or even non-football profession such as teacher or businessman(pub/club owner etc).

If you click on the players name there will be no attribute but have the following:

1. Job title (eg. 'Groundsman at Arsenal' or 'Pub owner')
2. Location
3. Club history
4. Honours

It is very simple for SI to implement because all you have to do is to keep a long list of jobs in the DB and assign them any job at random out of the DB when they retire.

There are two problem with this.

A. The game DB might become too big
B. The SI might want to keep it simple and limit non-football related factors

For A, you can solve the problem by having an option for each player whether to keep him in the DB or not; and for some significant players who were classed as Worldclass or something the game itself can automatically keep them. Unless automatically kept by the game or 'keeping' options ticked by the gamer, all other footballers will be wiped out as usual thus game speed slowdown kept to a minimum.

For B, you can solve it by partly implementing the feature: you can only restrict the professions to football related such as groundsman, media officer, chairman(might not be straight after retirement), technical director and so on at a football club.

For football professions, the SI can even develop this further in future by having these retired players continuously interacting with the managers in the game.

Groundsman: the retired player appear when altering pitch dimensions
Media Officer: appear during press conference which is to be implemented in FM09
Chairman: appear (after sometime) when there is a takeover bid for a club

What do you guys think?

chelsea_pumas
15-09-2008, 19:19
Jimbokav: Clubs do have disliked personal. Check the editor ;)

SCIAG: Jimbokav wouldn't and won't check the editor as he's LLM (and us LLaMas aren't meant to touch the thing with a 10 foot barge pole :D ) but you weren't to know that (just thought I'd mention it so you'd understand)

Marshdweller
15-09-2008, 20:33
I don't know if this has already been suggested, and it's only a small tweak, but one I think that could prove important.

I would like the ability to ask a player to work on his weaker foot. I know in FM09 that I can now ask him to learn a new 'preferred move', but strengthening his weaker foot would also be nice.

The example I have in mind at the moment is a regen in my current game whose positions are listed as D RLC. His natural positions are DR and DC, but his foot is listed as 'Left only'. Surely, if I see him as my DR, I want him to be comfortable with his right foot?

Please SI :)

Navie
15-09-2008, 21:15
How about something to do with the fans in the game suggesting which players to buy etc?

I remember a few England managers before Capello were doing bad and fans were saying why does he pick Heskey and not Owen etc. Also I believe this happens at clubs where the media say the fans are not happy with the managers tactics and he should have put this player in and not him etc. Fans also have a say on which potential signings they would like to see, from media to Football club official website fanzine forums.

Marc
15-09-2008, 22:54
Apologies if this has been mentioned before (there are too many pages to read here) but i'd like some kind of virtual prize and a place in FM history when i win the Champions League with Swindon Town... at least this way ill have something to use when arguing with my mrs about why playing this game is not wasting my time and that it is more important then sitting with her while she watches Ugly Betty :-)

Seriously though some kind of online Hall of Fame would be ace!

My other suggestions would be

-Specific instructions for subs, ie go kick Christiano Ronaldo around and make sure he doesn't score
-More feedback about how the fans feel about you, may not change the game but nice to hear fans supporting you if you get sacked after winning a clubs first trophy in years but then having a few bad seasons, also nice to have the added pressue if you are doing badly and the fans start to get agaisnt you such as protests outside the stadium etc and then to have all this change because you win a local derby! Fans and the newspapers can be this shallow!
-On that point the newspaper headlines and transfer news would be a cool feature, i mean who doesn't read the back pages of the newspaper to see what they think of their team/players and to read the latest transfer gossip
-If a player is in high demand his value should increase, maybe even the possability to offer to other teams stating you have recieved x from another club
-Improve the favorite staff feature, if you work with an assistand for many years and especially if you are sucessful you can expect a really good realtionship to build up. If you then leave the club it should be easier to recruit these people from your old club, infact on occasions they should be determined to leave and join you at the new club.
-Rather than players becoming unhapy at you for turning down a bid from a higher profile club, they should speak to you and make their frustrations known, allowing you to try to persuade the to stay through new contracts, promises of new signings etc
-Refs should on occasion come out after a game and admit they made a mistake, im thinking not giving a penalty in the FA cup final etc, after all these things do happen and they are only human :-)

I'm sure there are lots of ther things i will think of and i'll post them in due course but that will do for now! Overall a great series of games and i cant wait for the next installment. I can remember the conversations all those years ago in the first Champ Man where we were saying wouldn't a 3d real life view of the games be great. Looking forward to trying it out and im sure it will only get better over the years!

adsjg
15-09-2008, 23:09
I would like you to post new ideas about FM.
I think that our ideas can help SI and SEGA to make FM even better.

if i want to manage a Team from Moldova, what can i do ??
and could somebody help me :)

thanks

adsjg
15-09-2008, 23:23
come with some help ... pls pls pls

Mr Sandman
16-09-2008, 00:24
We get told favoured personel, would be nice to have disliked viewable too

LutonNil
16-09-2008, 09:44
The game seems to trick you

Like when you have two players with the same surname and you offer one to clubs - the sneaky buggers bid for the good one :D

GillsMan
16-09-2008, 10:09
Like when you have two players with the same surname and you offer one to clubs - the sneaky buggers bid for the good one :D

I had two Aaron Brown's in my Gillingham team- one was a left winger, and one was a centre back signed from Reading who was immense. Real captain's material so I made him captain. Only I didn't. I had a left winger who generally only came on as a sub and had an influence of 6 as my captain. Wrong Aaron Brown. I was annoyed, so I used the nickname function and named one Aaran Brown. It didn't help much. :(

munich 1860
16-09-2008, 10:13
I had two Aaron Brown's in my Gillingham team- one was a left winger, and one was a centre back signed from Reading who was immense. Real captain's material so I made him captain. Only I didn't. I had a left winger who generally only came on as a sub and had an influence of 6 as my captain. Wrong Aaron Brown. I was annoyed, so I used the nickname function and named one Aaran Brown. It didn't help much. :(

You could have called him Brownie..it also adds a sweet taste to the game..yum yum

utrexis
16-09-2008, 21:41
So, in other words, you're not very good at FM anymore - so it should be changed to suit you?

Exactly - I'm crap ... however for every one awesome person at this game I bet you there are at least a few crap ones. SI Games need to appeal to these people just as much as those that are great!!! After all I pay my 30 quid just as much as you do - why should I have a lesser gaming experience? Just because I've no talent ... thats not very fair. What I am proposing is not a solution that only benefits me - I want easy and hard mode (as exists in most mainstream games). Then I can enjoy my easy game and you can enjoy being the best of the best....

If SI games had any sense they would prioritise this - as their game is awesome - the only thing that will drive people away is if the game becomes unplayable to a large community - and with each year that passes the game gets harder and another portion of the community gets excluded. Eventually only a small crowd will be able to compete which means lower sales and end game to Football Manager.... The guys at SI are a clever bunch I'm sure the AI is do-able....

Difficulty levels are the key!!!!

Norville Rodgers
16-09-2008, 23:30
I do like the idea of an Online Hall Of fame. Be nice if the game could have some sort of scoring system that reflects just how well you've done. Plenty of people could win the CL with Barcelona, for instance, but an online HOF that showed people who've done the same with, say, Worcester City, would be a nice touch. Certainly be good bragging rights, if nothing else.

Whenever i come on this immensely popular thread, i'm always sure to read the first 10 posts again. Great fun.

Faryds
17-09-2008, 07:23
Hi:)
Which translator did you use? It's very good!
http://translate.google.com/translate_t and me!
I originally wrote the post in Spanish and I didn't want to re-write it. So I used the translator and checked and corrected the mistakes myself.

minigod
17-09-2008, 11:12
What I want SI to add to the games is the ability to see lower leagues tables . I dont mean opening up more leagues to play, say lower than Conference North/South, but to be able to see the league tables of those that feed these leagues. I want to be able to keep an eye on my local team Truro City as they make their rise to league football, which in reality is coming quicker and quicker due to the financial backing and our setup but I want to be able to see it in FM too. At the moment when you search for a team who isnt in a playable league they are just listed as being in a lower division, yet in the database these lower leagues are named and the teams are included.

Marshdweller
17-09-2008, 19:54
A faster reaction from the board to your form (in some situations).

To illustrate my point, an example:

I'm managing Lens in Ligue 1. The board have said they expect me to finish mid-table, and make a push towards qualifying for Europe. They gave me a small transfer budget (something like 500,000). I managed to sell a couple of young stars and raise some cash which I promptly spent on strengthening my squad. A third of the way through the season, and I'm sitting pretty in 2nd place. I line up a transfer for a 20yo who will be brilliant for me. I need another 3m from the board, and so I ask them for the money. They tell me they "have yet to see a return on the money spent this season". Now, I know it could all go horribly wrong, but I've got a mid-table side to challenge for the title, what more do they want? Surely that's enough of a return for them to find me a bit more money?

petch86
17-09-2008, 23:09
I think there needs to be somewhere in the board confidence where as manager you can see your clubs reputation in the country of play ie england then europe then rest of the world, this could show how well your clubs is known for signing players from other countries.

also there shouldnt be set postions to drop players in for match selection, should be able to pick up players and drop them onto the pitch where you want them to play, as you might want to drop a player just afew yards from his normal postion ie play rooney as a 2nd striker so inbetween attacking midfield and centre forward.

hope theres are good ideas :)

MNM
17-09-2008, 23:46
It must be easier to get rid of players who you don't like and who know they'll never play for you again. In my case, Damien Duff sitting in the Newcastle reserves on 60,000 pounds a week. I've offered him to other clubs for 0 (zero) pounds and no one's interested. In older version of FM you had the ability to pay part of a player's wages if he agreed to go to another club and I wish we could see this again.

That kind of exists in FM 08, but it seems to only work when a player offers it. I have sold saha from Utd in the past and he has demanded I pay 20k a week so he'll leave. I'd agree that having it as a standard option to get rid of players you dont want would be good.

New Roosterman
18-09-2008, 06:20
Also when clicking on a player after a season the history should show the goals and average rating from the whole season instead of just league goals and avg rating.

I'll second that one. It is ridiculous where in a season where a player may score upwards of 50 goals in all competitions (don't laugh I've had players do it by playing in the EPL, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League) yet some 15-20 of those goals are ignored in their history once the new season starts.

Richardjack
18-09-2008, 09:15
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this has already been mentioned or i have done this thread wrong but i cam across a website which i thought would be useful for future Football managers

http://www.imscouting.com/

Its a scouting database of players now or up and coming, its full of stats and all that sort of shizzle , so its upto date and realistic ... Its been put together by the agent pini zahivi?? or summat like that.

Also a few other ideas of mine are:
1.) To hire youth team managers rather than a coach and give them a budget from within your transfer budget so they can sign youth players also .... This may need a bit of tweakin hear and there but ppl i ave spoken to seem to like the idea

2.) When networking to be able to set up a friends league , so instead of doin a full season in england with for example 10 of your mates , to just have you and your mates in one league with one transfer window, this would be quicker and gettin to the point of networking ... beating your mates.

What do people think of my ideas?

GrosseSalinas
18-09-2008, 11:22
Two simple things i dont know not in game yet.

Specific Goalkeeper favourite plays
Enable option in researchers editor to mark a player as an Under-19 international whith his country.

Scotty Walds
18-09-2008, 12:25
I'll second that one. It is ridiculous where in a season where a player may score upwards of 50 goals in all competitions (don't laugh I've had players do it by playing in the EPL, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League) yet some 15-20 of those goals are ignored in their history once the new season starts.
They aren't ignored, you just have to select the individual season to view the breakdown

adawxawx
18-09-2008, 18:38
Something AWESOME would be indented player histories; if someone plays for more than one team in a single season, the previous history entries would be indented. This would alleviate confusion when looking through histories.

GrosseSalinas
18-09-2008, 18:56
More comprehensive Data Base of Comunitarian passport South American players. In real life most of South American players have double nationality (Argentinian/Spanish, or Brazilian/Italian etc..) and can play as a EU player in Europe. So, it's more easy to sign this players if you're a low league club.

I think in game this is not correctly set as there are fewer players in this passport situation

Smac
18-09-2008, 19:12
Long-Term-Games:

Ability to add a Reserves Squad (or remove, I suppose?) would be great for those of us who bring a team up to higher divisions over many years. Adding squads would be realistic and could be reflected in the finances as a cost as well.

themoffster
18-09-2008, 19:14
I would like to see a wind sock type icon at the side of the pitch or an overlay view (similar to placing tracing paper over an image - the tracing paper being a view of the wind and the normal paper being the pitch) if the weather logic is so advanced it can model whirling winds so that you can see the way the wind is blowing and the strength of the gust during matches

GrosseSalinas
20-09-2008, 00:28
I think it would be interesting to create the specific employment of director of academy or youth coordinator inside clubs. Nowadays is a common kind of work in football. This staff would be contracted by the club and not by the manager and as you can imagine the better this director of academy ratings, the better the youngsters in club.

Another issue could be add more (or some) movement and protagonism to director of football in game. They can give ideas about players to sign, congratulations after a victory, afterwards manager is contracted generally by director of football not directly by board, so the communication between clubs and managers in "sport aspects" must be between director of football and manager.

Also it would be great to see Directors of Football signing to another clubs in a similar way than assistant managers, coachs, etc...

random_name
20-09-2008, 13:15
For me J-League and, more importantly, the ability to import/export chunks of data from on db to another (i.e. I always fiddle around with cities setting weather and whatnot and it annoys me to no end to do this after every patch. Now if I could just export cities from my edited db to the patched one that'd be gold)

Rynny
21-09-2008, 05:20
When setting up manager profiles to start the game I would like to be able to add currently spoken languages. Just because I'm English doesn't mean I can't speak any other languages ;)

The only way I can get around this at the moment is to add a second nationality, which a) isn't right and b) only gives me one other language usually.

Viking
21-09-2008, 09:41
Another annoying problem with FM08 is that its way too easy to buy 150+ PA players from AI teams for coffee money. The AI teams couldnt recognise talent even if their PA was written in the players foreheads.

wayne'o
21-09-2008, 11:18
I wish a personality of a person could be more unique and that tactics were not acase of beating the match engine, so it enables a human to trian his players and be successfull with his own beliefs as appossed to doing what the match engine desides you need to do.

The Bus
21-09-2008, 13:16
For me J-League and, more importantly, the ability to import/export chunks of data from on db to another (i.e. I always fiddle around with cities setting weather and whatnot and it annoys me to no end to do this after every patch. Now if I could just export cities from my edited db to the patched one that'd be gold)

I've got a better idea! SI gets the game right without patches! :p

Jorracle
22-09-2008, 15:49
Idea for future that when your team plays a game before transfer window shuts and you leave a player out who's drawing interest from a big club that the speculation is reported in media maybe asked about more so if you dont cup tie them like UEFA Cup or Champions League.
Also when you go on tour you only take say 25 players like for UEFA comps letting you leave the players you want to move on know they are not in your plans.
Last but not least a question will there be a B list for UEFA Comps like real life where you can put more club trained players in like Arsenal did this time putting Walcott and Denilson in it to free space on A list.

rougess
22-09-2008, 15:54
kinda the same as above, but you should have to name a squad for the club world championship, as i doubt that ferguson's gonna take the u-18's, reserves and the whole first team there this year

Fedal
22-09-2008, 16:01
as everyone knows managers get money for managing teams, and when the contract is over we are going to negotiate new contracts with board, but this area is just useless, why we negotiate a new contract when we cant use the money?.
my idea is making some usefull areas to use the money we optain from managing clubs, like buy shares in smoe clubs, and so have some influance in the club, like be a board member or maybe buy the club, there is manythings to be done there.

TMLS
22-09-2008, 16:14
as everyone knows managers get money for managing teams, and when the contract is over we are going to negotiate new contracts with board, but this area is just useless, why we negotiate a new contract when we cant use the money?.
my idea is making some usefull areas to use the money we optain from managing clubs, like buy shares in smoe clubs, and so have some influance in the club, like be a board member or maybe buy the club, there is manythings to be done there.

Been suggested on many occasions - and every time it gets a http://community.sigames.com/images/icons/icon13.gif as it's a daft idea - do a search for reasons why.

jod123
22-09-2008, 17:36

It does have some use, the more money you get, the less likely you are to be sacked.

v-loso
22-09-2008, 19:44
you can use your earnings to do bets on the odds you get per match, outright competition etc. This way Its an incentive to raise your money for future opportunies such as becomging a board member, or even just to boost your spending budget.

beardedwonder
22-09-2008, 19:54
Another annoying problem with FM08 is that its way too easy to buy 150+ PA players from AI teams for coffee money. The AI teams couldnt recognise talent even if their PA was written in the players foreheads.

Hopefully should be imporved with 09, been mentioned that the AI is better at recognising when its got young talent and now tries to keep them. Staring CA's for some wonderkids have been raised

DanGLiverpool
23-09-2008, 17:57
My only request, would it be possible to have the choice to have gibraltar as your nationality, and perhaps say 50 of gibraltars players in the database.

if you want to add anything else, i would love it, but that would be all i really ask for

for those of you that don't know, gibraltar is a small british colony on the south of spain, with a population of just under 30k people, me being one.

We asked to be put into uefa, but those damn spaniards made some threat about pulling out of all tournaments and some other big cry story,:thdn: we were rejected by the majority of the uefa judges, bar the english and republic of ireland judges

GrosseSalinas
23-09-2008, 18:55
I think it would be interesting to create the specific employment of director of academy or youth coordinator inside clubs. Nowadays is a common kind of work in football. This staff would be contracted by the club and not by the manager and as you can imagine the better this director of academy ratings, the better the youngsters in club.

Another issue could be add more (or some) movement and protagonism to director of football in game. They can give ideas about players to sign, congratulations after a victory, afterwards manager is contracted generally by director of football not directly by board, so the communication between clubs and managers in "sport aspects" must be between director of football and manager.

Also it would be great to see Directors of Football signing to another clubs in a similar way than assistant managers, coachs, etc...

Going deeper on this i think, it would be great and necesary to create inside the club staff another employments like psicologist (as a coach or a physio but only good in mental abilities or motivation).

Also a Dietist, nowadays present in the majority of clubs in top leagues (not necesary to create an atribute of "dietistness", only like a coach with low techinical atributes but gives the team some extra points in stamina or general fitnes develop proportionally whith the reputation of Dietist)

A Press Chief. With the great and interesting improvement of the media in FM 09 it sounds more than necesary to appear in our club a man or woman with the mission of trate with the press. He would be the person in the club who told you when the press conferences will be or if you want to concede a private interview with Dailly Mirror on wednesday (Of course if you denied it, you've just win an enemy in the media)...Also this person evaluate for you the general opinion of the media about you and your club in the same way than confidence works with board and fans.

These are not the greatest improvements in the history of FM, but are the kind of bits like you usually say, that takes the game near to reality.

d7072
24-09-2008, 03:13
I think FM09 should allow players' mental attributes to improve as they get older, rather than deterioate when they are 32+. I thought experienced players would have even higher levels of composure, decision- making, positioning and anticipation, these will make up for their diminishing technical and physical abilities.

Viking
24-09-2008, 09:12
I am glad to see the transfer engine has been completley reworked. Its bloody annoying you cant sell players, and in many cases not even give them away for free.

I also hope UK and Ireland players wont be so overrated this time. I know its an english game, but I think its unrealistic when Ireland, Wales, N. Ireland, Scotland and England make it to every World- and Euro championship.

Fernando Nano
24-09-2008, 10:10
how about the possibility to PRINT the fixtures just like in CM 2001-02.

philriding
24-09-2008, 12:12
****Passports**Nationality issues****

I really do hope they have corrected in this game is passports. If player X has joined my team from a Bundesliga club and is eligible to apply for a German passport, I'd like the option to ask player X to please apply for a passport. There's too many times I've seen in the past couple of editions of FM where a South American player will be in Spain for four years or will get sent to Belgium to get a quick passport and fail to do so.

I think it would also be better if you get to decide the type of feeder club you want and the location/league level when you first join the club, rather than waiting three seasons. It would also be handy if in the player interaction section you told players specifically why they were being sent on loan (i.e. not needed in the squad; need to trim wage bill; need to collect first team experience) and also have more contact with them whilst they were away. So if a player is unhappy on loan, you can recall him in January and ship him off elsewhere.

They should also bring back the option to scout individual clubs

barry plane
24-09-2008, 13:25
Apologies if people have already mentioned this. When you search for players and put in which attributes they need to have eg more than 10 pace, stamina, technique, you used to be able to then display the attributes for all players that met the requirement rather than the normal column names. So you would see eg Fred 12, 14, 17 Dave 15, 11, 10 etc. If we could get that back it would be great as I always found it a really useful way of quickly judging what I was looking for rather than the generic physical, mental, technical etcs.

Also, in an ideal world, when you have a player you would be able to create your own ratings for specific players in a specific position, eg I would want my GK rating to be the sum of Agility, Handling, Reflexes, Positioning etc, and once I've specified it it always holds that rating on the player attribute screen. Well if you don't ask you don't get!

Last two small points - can we have the default 442 performing better please as it always gets battered whoever I am, and can we keep working on the result and game realism...I mean first season the other week, Bolton won the league with no data editor tweaks at all!

Thanks very much.

DanGLiverpool
24-09-2008, 14:56
Apologies if people have already mentioned this. When you search for players and put in which attributes they need to have eg more than 10 pace, stamina, technique, you used to be able to then display the attributes for all players that met the requirement rather than the normal column names. So you would see eg Fred 12, 14, 17 Dave 15, 11, 10 etc. If we could get that back it would be great as I always found it a really useful way of quickly judging what I was looking for rather than the generic physical, mental, technical etcs.

Also, in an ideal world, when you have a player you would be able to create your own ratings for specific players in a specific position, eg I would want my GK rating to be the sum of Agility, Handling, Reflexes, Positioning etc, and once I've specified it it always holds that rating on the player attribute screen. Well if you don't ask you don't get!

Last two small points - can we have the default 442 performing better please as it always gets battered whoever I am, and can we keep working on the result and game realism...I mean first season the other week, Bolton won the league with no data editor tweaks at all!

Thanks very much.yeah i agree
in my game, from 2009 to 2016, sunderland won the league every single time
i was laughing
i then took over liverpool and won it for 3 years before i lost my disk and now have to wait till fm09 is out

BocaJ
25-09-2008, 01:15
Lots of great suggestions in here. I'd like to add one more which I believe would add a great deal to the overall feel of playing a long career game: After winning a trophy, moving to a new club, resigning, etc. there is a media report that summarizes the users career. Currently there is practically no recognition of the users accomplishments. For example, over a long career to see how your reputation in the media grows as you climb from obscurity to one of the most famous managers in the world. I would love to read how many trophies I've won over the years, maybe some quotes from other personalities in the game and so on.

omri_in_india
26-09-2008, 17:32
this list is long, hopefuly i`m not repeating what others have said. also hopefuly those things doesn`t exist already and i`m making a fool of myself :)
1) when the board expect to reach a certain level in a cup - there should be something regarding not reaching it because of a crazy unlucky draw (i.e. - the board expected my man-city team to reach the quarter final, but i got chelsea as an away game in the 3rd round)
2) similar thing regarding injuries - let`s say you have some expectations, but your main players get injured for very long times.
3) if the board accepts an offer for a player, there should be an option for an ultimatum from the manager.
4) teams should have income based on popularity in certain places in the world. then, a tour in this region can make the team more popular there and generate more income. same with signing stars from this region.
5) board and fans confidence again - playing attacking football, using home grown players, and growing youngsters should raise the confidence. long term confidence should also be about the outlook of the squad
6) one thing that is seriously irritating is when i buy a young player, he doesn`t play too much since he`s young, but he`s a future huge star or something, and the fans regard it as a poor acquisition. as a fan i`d actually love that my team have a future star making his first strides.
7) same thing regarding subs - if i buy a player who`s mainly used as a sub, since as a sub his ratings would be around 6-7 usually, the fans and board would regard it as a bad acquisition.

GrosseSalinas
26-09-2008, 18:46
Lots of great suggestions in here. I'd like to add one more which I believe would add a great deal to the overall feel of playing a long career game: After winning a trophy, moving to a new club, resigning, etc. there is a media report that summarizes the users career. Currently there is practically no recognition of the users accomplishments. For example, over a long career to see how your reputation in the media grows as you climb from obscurity to one of the most famous managers in the world. I would love to read how many trophies I've won over the years, maybe some quotes from other personalities in the game and so on.

In this same way. It would be great for long-career players that have just retired. In the moment he decided to quit playing football in the game a new mentioning his honours. It could be more summarized in another version of this with a simple new in the end of the season mentioning all the players who have quit football this season in this country or league, and also in the new it wuold be great to include standing up one or two names with a honorous career, maybe them that turned in favourite staff of the club.

GrosseSalinas
26-09-2008, 22:03
Another issues:

Feeder Clubs / Club Academies Outside:

Feeder clubs was a great an funny add last season for me. In order to give more deepnes in this aspect of the game, and bring here some more bits of reality, it would be great if the board could offer you to open an school or academy in some countries. Of course it's not necessary to create, if you accept the offer, a new club in BD called Fake Club Academy in Angola, or Porto Academy in Angola, it would be only benefit you and your club maybe with some new regen players at the start of the season.

Now, in game, when the assistant manager presents to you: "20 new youth players has been promoted from your kid squad" or something like that. With this new issue he'd tell besides, if an Angola Nationality player has been promoted from the Academy to our Porto team: "One of them, Eriberto Mantorras comes recomended by our coaches in our Academy at Angola as a high fairly left midfilder with a promising future."

Obviously, Academy country's reputation and parent club`s rep. would be compared as Real Madrid has an Academy in Costa Rica and is not probably than any Costa Rican regen player in a lot of years could stand level to travel to Madrid to sign with U-19 team.

Obviously too, if Real Madrid or Man U had an school in Costa Rica all of the better Costa Rica regen players would not necessary sign for these clubs, but this can help to do this more easy to happen as Arsenal did in Ivory Coast for instance, and considering that having an Academy in some place would give you more knowlegede of this country It would be an interesting issue.

There would be no limit of Academies in a country, as various teams can stablish in a place in reality.

For more accurateness in this add, the IA can take a random city of a country (not a very very tiny town) to stablish our Academy in a phisical place, not in a country in general. I would imagine some FM gamer travelling to this place only to know where his Academy was in the game, don't you bet for it? :-) obviusly most of these players grown at our outside school and promoted to our U-19 squad will be born in this city but not necessary.

Of course it's not a common or diary issue in football world nowadays, and it depends of reputation of clubs the frequency the board presents you this kind of offers. Also, not only the board could say yo this. It would be possible too to you ask your board as you can do it for a parent or a feeder club, ask for an Academy outside.

At last, the presence of your club in some country with an Academy could have sawn for the people of that country as a good action by your club and could improve the possibility some regen player from there appart your Academy has picked your club as favourite. Why not? Press Officer of your club or board can tell you how your Academy is considered in the country too.

Where the Academy will stablish also can depend on your knowlege of the world, is more accurate that if you are playing with Racing Santander and has a Serbian assistant, there were more probabilities your team was proposed to open one there. But not necessary, your chairman at club could be at hollydays last summer in Hawai or Benin and could think to do one there...

Sorry for my English :-) Hope you can understand this, and of course i hope you liked it.

Soulie
27-09-2008, 11:55
the one little feature i like from the games are the odds before games or before the season starts, I guess this does'nt bare much relivance to much but i just feel its a nice touch, being somone who likes to have a few quid on every saturday in real life, it makes it seem a little more like the real world

so maybe for folk like me, we could expand on this, before games, maybe also have odds for "first goalscorer" ect.. or odds before the season of the top goal scorer in that league

it will just add a little more feel at home touch to the game in my opinion

jod123
27-09-2008, 14:24
the one little feature i like from the games are the odds before games or before the season starts, I guess this does'nt bare much relivance to much but i just feel its a nice touch, being somone who likes to have a few quid on every saturday in real life, it makes it seem a little more like the real world

so maybe for folk like me, we could expand on this, before games, maybe also have odds for "first goalscorer" ect.. or odds before the season of the top goal scorer in that league

it will just add a little more feel at home touch to the game in my opinion

You could even expand more on this by having odds for competitions during the season so as the competition progresses you can see the odds changing.

DanGLiverpool
27-09-2008, 21:31
how about leagues like the isthmian league and all others be available on view only
you arent allowed to edit it to be able to play it, but it would help us keep track of the progress of players you loan out to non league clubs

tommymooney
28-09-2008, 17:42
I wouldnt mind being able to declare my interest in a job which is insecure? And the better your reputation, the more pressure you can put on the board to sack the manager, so if you turn Harrow Borough into champions league/premiership winners, you can actually get a job if you want a new challenge and nobodys being fired!!
Also wouldnt mind being able to purchase players without getting a work permit, and immediatly loan them out until they are eligable for one?
Emergency loans?
A great addition to the game would be risk. So say the board gets taken over, you instantly have to work with higher expectations.
And finally I always play with a limit of leagues because of computer speed, but then want a new challenge and have to start my game again. So the best addition for me would be to add/remove leagues at the end of the season maybe? Dont know if thats possible however?

jod123
28-09-2008, 17:46
I wouldnt mind being able to declare my interest in a job which is insecure? And the better your reputation, the more pressure you can put on the board to sack the manager, so if you turn Harrow Borough into champions league/premiership winners, you can actually get a job if you want a new challenge and nobodys being fired!!

You can already do this in FM08
Also wouldnt mind being able to purchase players without getting a work permit, and immediatly loan them out until they are eligable for one?

You can already do this in FM08 as well

seankk
29-09-2008, 10:22
would like to have the chance to have players warming up on touchline.
crowd reacts to big players when strating to warn up.
plus if you dont have player warming up he wont enter the pitch at 100%.
only players that were borught into the field after warming up will start at maximum condition.
you will get a notification when player is warmed up and ready to come on.

any thoughts about this?

cheers

Vilosophe
29-09-2008, 10:35
One of the greater absence is the possibility to see the final positions of all league even if you haven't select them and the goal's positions of the players. (now if you select a league non-playable, you cannot see players' stats).

Al least we must have the possibility to see the Winner (2nd and 3td) so the game can update the Competition's Story.

zulu83
29-09-2008, 15:25
i would like si to implement an in game alarm so you could create an alert for a future date. maybe having a window popping up on the date you've set with a brief description.

it would also be good to have the rich tycoon takeover back in the future like in fm2007. has this been cancelled as ive never seen it on fm08?

merridius
29-09-2008, 15:42
i would like to see some sort of relationship between clubs instead of just between managers. irl there are many clubs with good relations with each other and are more open to accepting offers from either party.

mentalalien
29-09-2008, 15:43
Something I'd like to see is crackdowns on certain offences. The organisers of a competition, or sometimes a national association or even FIFA, could declare that they've had enough of a certain offence and would like to see the referees enforce it more strictly. This could happen at the start of a season, and for the rest of that season the offence would be more likely to be punished and more likely to result in a card. Suspensions that are made by a committee could also be lengthened for the offence.

For example, in the A-League in Australia there's been a crackdown on dissent, announced by the FFA, and a few players have been sent off already this season for fairly minor incidents. Other examples would be the crackdown on tackles from behind and on diving in recent years.

Scotty Walds
29-09-2008, 16:53
i would like si to implement an in game alarm so you could create an alert for a future date. maybe having a window popping up on the date you've set with a brief description.
Isn't that what the Notes feature is for?

Shaft
29-09-2008, 20:59
One of the greater absence is the possibility to see the final positions of all league even if you haven't select them and the goal's positions of the players. (now if you select a league non-playable, you cannot see players' stats).

Al least we must have the possibility to see the Winner (2nd and 3td) so the game can update the Competition's Story.

100% right!

ZIRA - NK Jedinstvo Bihac
30-09-2008, 11:35
ingame betting :)

LutonNil
01-10-2008, 02:43
ingame betting :)

NO

It is illegal to bet on your own matches IRL

malleria
01-10-2008, 17:39
First of all i apologise for my name it is a firends nickname and if these ideas have already been mentioned.
Anyway, i think that football manager is an unbelievable game and evry year Miles Jacobsen and his team keep on delivering(by the way miles would you like to let me be a part of your team haha, no, im serious).
However, there are, in my eyes, a few glitches with the game:
1) Too many offsides, every time your team scores you are half waiting for the flag
2) Every time there is a corener and you miss a free-kick goes to the defending team
There are the glitches, this is my wishlist:
1)Refs/Officials get banned
2)3d graphics e.g. player faces, kits, are the same as in real life
3)Manager gets offered jobs from outside of football in advertising e.g. adidas advert
4) Manager has own bank so you know how much you are earning otherwise wages are pointless
5)More in depth behind the scenes at the e.g training, seeing plyers in office ect
6) More informtion about managers actual lifestyles e.g. decisions about life at home, moving etc, and have players not performing due to marriage problems or having a month off and coming back into the reserves or something like that a bit like michael chopra in real life for sunderland, roy keane let him have a month off then he came back for the reserves
7)Sports Interactive on the game
8) Teams should ALWAYS finish in REALISTIC places e.g. once in mine west ham won the league in the first year of playing and pompey getting relegated, give them a set percentage of finishing in certain positions(or something like that) e.g watford(my team) in the prem finishing in top four 1 % or tottenham in top four 20%
9)Make comebacks in games harder, sometimes you are 3 up they are playing awful then out of nowhere etc just every little detail you see if you go to a real football game
10) Being able to see yourself and assistants e.g. assistant and physio on matchdays, then you can have manager view, I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY HAVE NEVER HAD THIS.
Thank You, i would be extremely grateful if even one of these ideas were used
Jamie Luck:)

malleria
01-10-2008, 19:15
6) one thing that is seriously irritating is when i buy a young player, he doesn`t play too much since he`s young, but he`s a future huge star or something, and the fans regard it as a poor acquisition. as a fan i`d actually love that my team have a future star making his first strides.
7) same thing regarding subs - if i buy a player who`s mainly used as a sub, since as a sub his ratings would be around 6-7 usually, the fans and board would regard it as a bad acquisition.
Couldn't agree more:thup:, you sign someone and within a month just because they havent played much or have been playing badly they immiediately think hes a poor acquisition.

jod123
01-10-2008, 21:05
First of all i apologise for my name it is a firends nickname and if these ideas have already been mentioned.
Anyway, i think that football manager is an unbelievable game and evry year Miles Jacobsen and his team keep on delivering(by the way miles would you like to let me be a part of your team haha, no, im serious).
However, there are, in my eyes, a few glitches with the game:
1) Too many offsides, every time your team scores you are half waiting for the flag
2) Every time there is a corener and you miss a free-kick goes to the defending team
There are the glitches, this is my wishlist:
1)Refs/Officials get banned
2)3d graphics e.g. player faces, kits, are the same as in real life
3)Manager gets offered jobs from outside of football in advertising e.g. adidas advert
4) Manager has own bank so you know how much you are earning otherwise wages are pointless
5)More in depth behind the scenes at the e.g training, seeing plyers in office ect
6) More informtion about managers actual lifestyles e.g. decisions about life at home, moving etc, and have players not performing due to marriage problems or having a month off and coming back into the reserves or something like that a bit like michael chopra in real life for sunderland, roy keane let him have a month off then he came back for the reserves
7)Sports Interactive on the game
8) Teams should ALWAYS finish in REALISTIC places e.g. once in mine west ham won the league in the first year of playing and pompey getting relegated, give them a set percentage of finishing in certain positions(or something like that) e.g watford(my team) in the prem finishing in top four 1 % or tottenham in top four 20%
9)Make comebacks in games harder, sometimes you are 3 up they are playing awful then out of nowhere etc just every little detail you see if you go to a real football game
10) Being able to see yourself and assistants e.g. assistant and physio on matchdays, then you can have manager view, I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY HAVE NEVER HAD THIS.
Thank You, i would be extremely grateful if even one of these ideas were used
Jamie Luck:)

There will be 3d graphics in FM09. Also, if you go to your information screen in FM08 you can see how much you have earned in your career.

Panpardus
02-10-2008, 09:02
Not sure if this has been said before as I can't really be bothered reading 163 pages but a few cosmetic changes I would like to see is

1) Being able to see when a player made their debut for the club, as in first league games who it was against etc etc

2) When players are signed the confidence/transfers stay for the entire season insteaed of part of the season, for instance when I sign someone in July and he's been great, the fans will forget about it come Feb/March the next year and until then they will say I've been great with dealings in the market, but if when the time is up and I've signed someone in the January window and they havent done so well then my rating immediately drops down to they feel I should being doing better.

2a) If you sign a player and the transfer section is hot prospect or youngster, then these don't get judged by the confidence part, or atleast have it so that the supporters realise that this player is a hot prospect for the future and feel it unfair to rate him blah blah blah. Nothing worse than signing a young player and giving him the occassional game where he comes on as a sub and that for the fans to say that signing him is an abomination etc etc.

I have a few more but might try and read a bit more of this section first

B2DN
02-10-2008, 12:02
What i would like to see in a future fm is team talks during the weeks. not for the media, but lets say i am managing ajax and after 6 games i am in bottom half - i have a team talk with the lads about our performances...same if you are derby for example and sitting in the top 8 after 6 games, you can tell your team to keep it up or something. just talking with players coz i reckon thats what managers do in real life aswell...what do you guys think?

Terry85
02-10-2008, 12:05
Yeah a team meeting sorta thing? Where you can discuss how it's going and majorly give your team a huge kick in the ass to get them playing good football again? Or to end slumps? As right now slumps in FM08 are a bit TOO realistic.

B2DN
02-10-2008, 13:44
Yip, or maybe you had a real bad game(arsenal vs hull...) and you need toe call your players in and tell them to bounce back.

Terry85
02-10-2008, 13:58
I would like an added stat on player stats during a match. LONG SHOTS. So we can see how many long shots each player has had and whether or not it was on target. It could be anything outside the box or from a certain distance?

WH
02-10-2008, 14:45
I would like different teams to adopt different styles. Not just 424 for every single team when they are losing. It is a total cop out for the match engine. The amount of goals in injury time to get a draw or win against my team is just crazy. I can be 2-0 up in the 90th minute, park the bus on the goal line and even brick up the gaps but they still f***ing score 2 or 3 in the next 4 minutes. Its driving me mad. If FM 09 is the same i think i will have to call it quits for games on my pc and grow up like my wife told me i should have done a long time ago. ;)

Rant over.

Jenki
02-10-2008, 14:49
if its a lower league team your are manager for, and your doing well after couble years and got a good economy. It is often that your boarder over rules you in a transfer deal, and selling out of your star players becuse "the deal is to good to say no to" So my propusision is: In time you could earn enough money to be a part owner or 100 % owner of the club.

PGB_SPURS_FM09
02-10-2008, 16:30
What i would like to see in a future fm is team talks during the weeks. not for the media, but lets say i am managing ajax and after 6 games i am in bottom half - i have a team talk with the lads about our performances...same if you are derby for example and sitting in the top 8 after 6 games, you can tell your team to keep it up or something. just talking with players coz i reckon thats what managers do in real life aswell...what do you guys think?

Yeah a team meeting sorta thing? Where you can discuss how it's going and majorly give your team a huge kick in the ass to get them playing good football again? Or to end slumps? As right now slumps in FM08 are a bit TOO realistic.

You can already do this in a way. Well only if your doing badly. If your title hopefulls yet your doin real bad you can go to player interaction with your captain and there is usually the option "hold a team meeting to discuss the teams recent poor form" So you can get them to buck their ideas up and afterwards you get some feedback on how that meeting went.

On topic:

As i suggested in another thread: The possibility to customise your team screen view. The players section. Would it be possible to be able to choose the columns you would like to see regarding different players, eg age, Position, PA, Goals, Assists, morale, Influence etc etc so that you can basically get the info you need about your team.