January 2011 Transfers Update - A request to SI

if a player has a future transfer set up, would that affect the way his current club look at him? whether they play him? would it also affect the players performance since he's already going anyway?

i dont know, but i would imagine it would, having loads of players falling into this category would make things react very strange, i would imagine.

When you sign a player who can't move until he is 18 you will often find that he is used very little by his club. Would this have happened before? Who knows, but take Jano for example, I didn't want to sign him until the end of the season, he was getting in the Moscow side regularly so I figured let him finish up there then move to me. He didn't play again after agreeing to join me.

Won't happen. Most people seem happy with the way it is managed now.

Think about it this way:

1) IRL the manager of Leeds brings in a bunch of fairly average/rubbish players (in FM terms) in Jan, spending the entire transfer budget. To keep things realistic, YOU as the FM manager of Leeds would have zero budget until summer 2011 because all your transfers have been taken care of. You can't buy anyone else in, and you are lumbered with a load of players you do not want.

2) IRL the manager of Spurs decides to sell Robbie Keane to Celtic in January (he was loaned there last season), but for you, in FM-world as manager of Spurs, you've found a fantastic tactic in which Keane has scored 20 goals by Christmas, but then on the 1st Jan, he's off to Celtic.

So you will either lose players you want to keep or receive players you do not want.

I'd much rather they keep things as they are: either all transfers in place, or no transfers in place.

Archived