FM11 might be unplayable for me sort of

I did a challenge on FM10 where I won every continental competition plus the Oceanic champions league through downloading a custom New Zealand league. I got FM11 and could not wait to get started on the challenge again as it was my favourite save on the previous FM. I have started 3 times in New Zealand and experienced crash dump errors in each game, I saved just before and tried to holiday through them but it never worked. So today I started with two different New Zealand downloadable leagues and holidayed both times the crash dump error occurred again. That's five times I have been unable to do this save and now I do not know what to do.

Should I wait for another patch to come out, would that even solve the problem?

Should I just give up on the save that was half the reason I bought FM?

Are these errors random, I holidayed today and it took two seasons to crash compared to one season on the game before.

Could it be the created leagues making the problem arise?

I am not sure I can even be bothered to start the challenge another time as I could end up spending hours and hours only for the game to crash and me to have wasted all that time.

There was a guy in the careers forum who started with a New Zealand add on, but I forget who it was. I see Ackter is running New Zealand too and he's in at least 2012.

Did you download the NZ database from the original file location or elsewhere? It could be that someone's modified it. I also recall SI mentioning that some graphics add ons were causing problems.

If you have downloaded anything else then possibly compare with Ackter to see how his game is running and what may be different. Check with the guy who created the database too.

I have tried the New Zealand file that I used on FM10 and then that one was modified by someone else. There is also an Egyptian xml from FM10 and a Japanese one that other people have used with no problems. The problems occur no matter which New Zealand file I use I set up a game without the Egyptian one and it crashed. Might run just the New Zealand one to see what happens or maybe download a different Egyptian one.

I have no graphics add-ons unless the steam retro skin counts. I guess best way is to just holiday for a few seasons and see what happens as the crashes happen at random times and I have got to 2012 with no problems using Egypt and New Zealand.

Could it be worth waiting for files that have been created for FM11 rather than using FM10 ones, do you think that could be contributing to the crashes in anyway?

I am just testing my own New Zealand league I made last night if that works I might be okay. I like to load the top leagues in New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Egypt, MLS, Argentina and Mexico then top two in Spain and Brazil along with England down to blue square prem or whatever it is called now.

Don't go out of your way as I am testing a few leagues now. I will let you know how I get on but I am happy playing my Bayern save for a few weeks until I can sort out these errors. Only problem is I might have to make the Egyptian league as well if my New Zealand one works.

Personally, I wouldn't suggest using FM10 league XML's with FM11, because it's possible that the game handles certain aspects of the XML different from 10, or requires extra lines within the file itself

If so, this maybe the cause of the crashes (and it could be such a minor change meaning it may not effect every custom league from FM10)

Is anyone working on a New Zealand league for FM11?

Personally, I wouldn't suggest using FM10 league XML's with FM11, because it's possible that the game handles certain aspects of the XML different from 10, or requires extra lines within the file itself

If so, this maybe the cause of the crashes (and it could be such a minor change meaning it may not effect every custom league from FM10)

Is anyone working on a New Zealand league for FM11?

I agree. There was a thread from SI suggesting people don't use FM10 add ons because of instability. I also had a look in the editors hideaway the otehr day and it does seem there's been some updates to the editor this year that might make FM10 creations unstable.

Any chance you could make the NZ league yourself? Just spend some time copying the data from the downloads in to the editor and load it up. I know it's time, but if you really don't want to wait?

Hope you get your game going.

The only FM11 New Zealand (non-fantasy) that I can find is apart of the O-League/Oceania Nations download

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/236980-%28WIP%29-Oceania-Nations-amp-O-League-%28Advance-Rules%29

Edit: Tbh, it looks like more of the data for the New Zealand leagues already exist inside the database, so it would only need someone creating the league rules in order to activate them

Cheers for the replies people. I just created my own New Zealand league and holidayed for 5 seasons with no errors at all. I then downloaded an updated FM11 Egypt and Tunisia file and holidayed with all three for three seasons and no crashes at all. Just finished a four season holiday with the three created plus my planned other leagues for my challenge and nothing at all has gone wrong. I am hoping that it was simply the FM10 stuff making the game crash dump errors all the time.

Glad I put sort of at the end of my post title and didn't just come on here and rant about the game being unplayable.

Cheers for the replies people. I just created my own New Zealand league and holidayed for 5 seasons with no errors at all. I then downloaded an updated FM11 Egypt and Tunisia file and holidayed with all three for three seasons and no crashes at all. Just finished a four season holiday with the three created plus my planned other leagues for my challenge and nothing at all has gone wrong. I am hoping that it was simply the FM10 stuff making the game crash dump errors all the time.

Glad I put sort of at the end of my post title and didn't just come on here and rant about the game being unplayable.

It does sound like it was FM10 add ons. Glad to hear you got it working for you. Enjoy your career.

I just created my own New Zealand league and holidayed for 5 seasons with no errors at all.

Funny that, I was just creating my own as well lol

Though, how have you done yours? I'm doing mine via the Advanced Editor and looking to create it as close to the real ASB Premiership as I can

Going to even try and create the ASB Youth League too

Though I have a feeling it won't be possible to emulate the Challenge series lol

I just made it as a competition and then added the nation rules, to be honest I kind of just bumbled my way through it. I just added an U-21 league wasn't sure how to do the youth league properly. I wish the challenge series was in it as well would be great to play. The only problem is getting the right people to qualify for the O-League in real life it's the winners of the league and the winners of the play-off but on the game it is only the top two from the league.

End of Feb

My league finishes quite early in comparison to RL (not figured out how to set proper fixture dates yet), so I'm guessing it's the day of a play-off game

I know my crash is something to do with the play-offs, because I first tested it prior to adding that stage (ie. just a standard league) and managed to go about 14 years without any noticeable issues

Might be worth one of us creating a thread in the Editors forum as it's more likely someone with an answer will respond there instead of here in GD

Though, now I've put my son to bed I'm going to search the editors area anyway, because I'm certain I remember reading someone else getting the issue while creating a league with a fix being given

The one you linked earlier in the thread, I have saved it on the first day and holidayed one season with no crashes. I will set it on holiday when I am at work tomorrow and it should have done a few seasons by then. If it doesn't crash then hopefully I will have a playable save.

I downloaded the New Zealand only file from the post you linked. I am not sure what the hell is wrong as I have tried 3 or 4 different New Zealand xmls that all had crashes in them. So I will holiday with this one in use and see what happens, it is worth noting that along side this New Zealand one I have Egypt and Tunisia loaded they might be making the game crash but plenty of people are using them with no problems at all.

That might explain yours crashing then and could also mean I missed some stuff out on the one I created along with the FM10 ones. Hopefully this means that someone who knows what they are doing properly can create a proper file for me to use.

It seems no matter what file I use it goes wrong. I used the two that were posted in the challenges thread and one I had made myself along with a different one from FM10. That is 4 different files all producing these errors, unless of course it is the Japan or Egypt ones making the problems although they have never made any crashes happen before.

Did you try those files without Japan and Egypt?

I meant to say Tunisia not Japan. I tried without and there were no crashes, I tried Tunisia and Egypt on their own and no crashes, I also tried all three together and no crash again and finally I set up my game with all three plus the other leagues already on FM ready for my save and unemployed there was no crash. So I started up today managing in New Zealand and it did crash within 8 months.

Just been posting in there today.

What I do not understand is these xml files for the league run perfectly on their own but when combined with other leagues that is when the crash dump errors start. What I want to know is if I save it in 2011 and there is a crash dump in 2016 if I go back to the 2011 save would the crash dump happen again in 2016 or are they more random?

Does starting in another league have an effect on if the game will crash or not as all crashes are from staying unemployed or starting in New Zealand. I have never had FM crash before on previous games FM09 right back to FM05 never had crash dump errors but FM11 has, it is very frustrating.

Archived