Help me choose which team I should manage in BSS / BSN ?

I want to play long save and bring one of this team to Premiership

I'm not from England so I had no idea about those club / town / city that compete in Blue Square South or Blue Square North :confused:

I'm thinking of several :

Blyth Spartans - because of the word "spartans"

Solihull Moors - unique name

Stlaybridge Celctic - the only team with professional status ( other team are semi-professional)

Gloucester City - have the biggest stadium I guess, with 7066 seats

Woking - isn't woking means something in England ? No ?

I might choose other team as well if it come with good reason ;)

My old Economics teacher played for Blyth Spartans until 2008. Its a town of 40000ish people, so don't expect big attendances, even in higher leagues. On Championship Manager '08, I got to League 1 with them, and my attendances were only 5,000 or lower.

But if you want a team which could develop into a prem side (ie potential for decent fanbase etc.) I would go for Gloucester or a London based one.

vauxhall motors... low gates, good name and always near the bottom. think they have been in the relegation places a few times but always seem to stay up because of the demise of other teams

boston united.... former league 2 side as recent as 2007. gates of 1000+ means they are well supported at this level

afc telford.... best supported team in the bsn with gates often 2000+. old team went bankrupt when in BSP. spent many years in there without getting league football. could you be the hero who gets them to league 2?

chelmsford... a strong team to start with and bsp should be the aim from the start

dover.... another strong team who just missed out on promotion in the 2009/10 season.

or you could holiday to june 2011 and take on a newly promoted team where u would have to build a strong team yourself from scratch

or you could holiday to june 2011 and take on a newly promoted team where u would have to build a strong team yourself from scratch

I second this. FC United of Manchester are ideal. They groundshare with Bury at their 11800 seat stadium, average gate of 2000+ in the BSN and are owned by their fans. Check out the team thread HERE [/plug]

I've written a post here to give you a flavour of St. Albans City as a football club.

Club Information

Club: St. Albans City

Nicknames: 'The Saints' or 'City'

Stadium: Clarence Park

Club Colours: Blue and yellow

Claim to fame: You'll like this one. I promise! This proud Hertfordshire club has one major claim to fame: Wilfred Minter. He was a legendary forward who turned down the opportunity to play professional football to stay with his hometown club and work for his father's family business, and he can be found in record books as the player to have scored the most goals for the losing side in a FA Cup tie. This feat took place in City's most famous match on November 22, 1922 in a first round FA Cup tie. Having been held by Dulwich Hamlet to a 1-1 draw at Clarence Park on November 18, the replay drew a gate of 4,060. City's New Zealand-born goalkeeper W. Tennant did not appear, his place taken by Alf Fearn who was usually a half-back with the reserves. Dulwich put eight goals past him, the winning goal coming in near darkness at the end of extra time. What put the game in the record books was that City scored seven times, with all seven goals being scored by Wilfred Minter. His feat remains the highest tally by a player on the losing side of an FA Cup tie. Brilliant!

Equally as eccentric, up until the late 90's the ground was famous for having a large oak tree that sat in the middle of the Clarence Park Terrace. It was not unknown for visiting goalkeepers to get the odd acorn thrown in their direction! Alas the oak tree became diseased and was swiftly removed by the management.

St._Albans_tree_copyright.jpg

You can read all about Clarence Park and also see some photographs here - http://www.pyramidpassion.co.uk/html/st__albans_city.html

Division: Blue Square South

Transfer Budget: Yeah, right! Chairman says no money available. Wage budget is tight. It's going to be a one in, one out scenario.

Best Competition History: Runners-up Conference South in 2006

Recent History: The most successful period in the clubs history was in the 1920s. The Saints joined the Athenian League in 1920 and won league title at their first two attempts followed by a runners-up place and elevation to the Isthmian League in 1923.

St Albans City weren’t phased by the higher standard of football and they swept to the Isthmian title in their inaugural season followed by back-to-back successes in 1927 and 28.

Those successes meant the Saints had won five championships in eight years, as well as reaching three Amateur Cup semi-finals during the same period.

The FA Cup has never been an especially happy hunting ground for the St Albans City. They have reached the 2nd round on five occasions according to my St Albans City coffee mug (:D), most recently in 1996/97. A 9-2 defeat at Bristol City on this occasion took the gloss off the cup run.

The Saints have not had a dull moment in the last five seasons. They were promoted to the Conference in 2005/06, relegated back to the Conference South in 2006/07 and nearly relegated down another level again in 2007/08, saving themselves with an amazing run at the end of the season. The 2008/09 season was St Albans City's centenary season and they managed to finish in a mid-table position, and some stability was finally achieved with another mid-table finish in 2009/10.

St. Albans itself is a beautiful, historic city with Roman ruins and museums juxtaposed with suburban housing provided for the inevitable overflow from London. With a population of 130,000, the city has undoubted potential in terms of its base of footballing support and a great potential catchment area of surrounding villages and towns. Yet, the locals mostly defer to nearby north London clubs Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur, or local sides Luton Town and Watford. You will need to build up the support down at Clarence Park and the best way to do that is to be successful!

20091026011547!St_albans.png

Come on you Saints! gialloblu.gif

And if that isn't enough for you, here is some shameless promotion of my own St. Albans City save game on FM10: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/198105-FM10-When-The-Saints-Go-Marching-In-Crouchy-s-Mighty-Saints-Save!

The OP said he might choose a recommended club if someone came up with good reason for him. I was just trying my best to promote the mighty Saints and to provide a good reason to play with them! :D

Much better than playing as some derivative Man Utd club anyway, in my opinion. May as well play with a club that has some proper history. ;):p

Hampton & Richmond is probably your safest bet for a long-term game. Their city attraction maxes out at 20, meaning you’ll be able to attract far more players than a normal Conference club.

I however prefer Solihull Moors up in the Midlands. No trophy cabinet or favoured personnel means you’ll be able to create the club’s “history” from scratch. All white and all yellow kits are kind of nice looking. And I believe the chances of a new stadium are very high.

I second this. FC United of Manchester are ideal. They groundshare with Bury at their 11800 seat stadium, average gate of 2000+ in the BSN and are owned by their fans. Check out the team thread HERE [/plug]

That's what I did. If you don't want to touch the editor at all, take SI's own sponsored club, AFC Wimbledon. Both are clubs any romantic or lower-league lover worth his salt loves.

My old Economics teacher played for Blyth Spartans until 2008. Its a town of 40000ish people, so don't expect big attendances, even in higher leagues. On Championship Manager '08, I got to League 1 with them, and my attendances were only 5,000 or lower.

But if you want a team which could develop into a prem side (ie potential for decent fanbase etc.) I would go for Gloucester or a London based one.

How many team is London base ? How to recognize ?

Archived