New Job - Players Unhappy?

Just taken the Chelsea job after 2 and a half successful season's with Burnley and it frustrates me that half of the Chelsea squad are unhappy and won't talk to me because our relationship has broken down. What relationship? I haven't managed a match yet.

How is this realistic and has anybody else suffered with this? Very frustrating.

Cheers.

Maybe they dont think you are a big enough manager to manage them if that makes sense.

What did you acheive with Burnley? Some jump Burnley to Chelsea?

On the other hand this could be another problem in a game that has an awful lot of problems!

I could understand if it was the case of not being a 'big' enough manager but when asking for a chat with several of my players they refuse outright saying that our relationship has broken down. Crazy huh?

Won the championship in my first season with Burnley then finished 10th in my second season in the premiership. Chelsea started the 3rd season poorly sitting at 17th in November and they offered me the job.

Same Happens to me, it's a bug.

Started at Fiorentina, winning Seria A, having a high reputation after that.

Took charge of Liverpool, which was struggling with Hodgson,but all players were unhappy with ME, just like the OP.

Aquilani said he do not want to talk with me, since i didn't let he talk with others teams...

All others players say that they don't trust me ANYMORE, but it's just my first day.

I had the same thing going from Hereford to Sydney FC, all the players were angry and thinking that the club was under-achieving, but they won the finals series the year previous and the season hadn't started yet! I found that if you just give them a few easy friendlies, tell the ones who want to transfer that you'll let them and generally get on with business, it sorts itself out.

The players don't trust you beause they don't know you and that's why you have a poor relationship. Not so much "broken down" as "not developed yet."

But the problem is, the player's may not talk to you... meaning you can rarely actually develop one

Plus, I'd imagine the problem would be the same, if in 10 seasons, you were one of the most famous managers in FM and decided to take over a under-achieving side

The reality is, your arrival would give hope of a turn around

Like I said, it sounds like a management change isn't registered by the players, so any unhappiness about the club automatically is put into any new manager, instead of the concern being made but giving the new manager a chance to turn it around

And even then, he should only be judged on W/D/L record since joining, not for the season overall (might have joined too late in the season to get the pre-season favourites anywhere back near the top, even if they won every remaining match)

Had a similar issue when I moved to Roma from West Ham. I'd won the Fa cup once, that was my only silverware on show.

Apparently the previous manager's liked/disliked status continues when you join a new club. So the players "remember" having a ***** manager when you are their new manager, and they can't distinguish between you, evidently a football don and their previous manager who was a moron.

I don't think it's a bug, it's just poorly expressed.

The players don't trust you beause they don't know you and that's why you have a poor relationship. Not so much "broken down" as "not developed yet."

What annoys me is when players think the club is underacheiving. Don't blame me, I just got here.

This. it's not really unrealistic. I mean, if the Chelski player mafia couldn't work with a world cup winning manager in Scolari, what chance has a Burnley reject got?

Archived