Defending

I've conceded too many goals on this game where the opposition winger breaks away from my full-back and is running down the wing and not just one of the centre-backs comes across to try to close down but both of them come across leaving someone completely unmarked in the middle. How can i combat this as its driving me mad. The two defenders are Vidic and Rio so i don't think its the players.

Actually I've noticed something along these lines as well.

As opposed to 10.3, the fullbacks are getting way out of position far to often a leaving the wings wide open. Like they'll go past a winger and close down the opposition fullback allowing that fullback to just chip the ball up to the unmarked winger.

I'ts not just tactics either because using the same tactics this didn't happen in 10.3... well not regularly, there were always times with AI stupidity.

I came on here to post the same thing.

I play a very rigid 4-1-4-1 formation and i only lose goals from either this on a breakaway (how many times have you seen the opposition central midfielder run straight to the edge of your 6 yard box for a tap in with nobody bothering to follow him?).

The second way i lose goals is a corner to the near post where the opposition center half can take a great first touch and smash it into the roof of the net.

If these two were fixed (you can't defend against either, no matter how many you leave back at a set piece as its to do with the way that defenders all follow the ball and leave people unmarked - for the corner thing, you can only set one player to close fdown corner, but he never stops the ball to the near post) i would conceed about 1 goal every 7 games.

how many times have you seen the opposition central midfielder run straight to the edge of your 6 yard box for a tap in with nobody bothering to follow him?

Fewer times than my defenders running into the 6 yard box and scoring own goals. Even my 10-year-old brother has better first touch than FM11 defenders. :(

Fewer times than my defenders running into the 6 yard box and scoring own goals. Even my 10-year-old brother has better first touch than FM11 defenders. :(

Heh, literally had a CB -run over- my keeper going after a corner ball that no opponents made a play on... scored a fine header while putting the keeper on his backside *sigh*

Archived