Whats up with not being able to even give away players?!

Havent seen this mentioned at all- but I cant seem to even give away decemt players like Bentley, Pav, Keane, Hutton and Kranjcaer.

Really surprised by this as we now have agents, who offer around AI players but dont do it with mine even when they are not playing and unhappy in the reserves.

Pretty poor that the game has arrived like this.

If it bothers you that much that this happens every year then wait until the patches are released before purchasing the game. If you notice it happening every year then it shouldn't really be a surprise.

Not sure SI would change as they still rake the cash and awards in every year using the method...

I think this quote is a bit OTT dont you think?

no otherwise I wouldnt have posted it.

I have basically assembled a world class squad without breaking sweat because AI players keep falling out with the manager and then being sold off for peanuts and I also am not able to sell any of my players for a reasonable fee.

Here are some examples:

1) I was trying to buy gareth bale, I offered £15 million which was turned down, i offered £20 million which was turned down. I didnt want to spend any more so I forgot about it, then ONE day after the transfer window was closed spurs offer him to me for £6.5 million as a result of him spitting his dummy over not getting a move.

2) Jose Reina decided to start hating me because I failed to fine someone for getting sent off. I then asked to be transfer listed and I obliged. I listed him for £15 million, no interested and gradually reduced the price and eventually was offering him for £2.5 million and still getting no interest.

As a result of this nonsense I have been able to put together a squad that is awesome and scoring 3 goals a game and walking away with the league. The season before I scored over 100 goals and got 90 - odd points. It doesnt even matter to me financially that I cant sell players because I am able to pick up renowned players for very little money and the money I spend is covered by prize money and sponsorship, so even if I have to give away the players that I dont want it doesnt affect me.

Therefore SI need to fix both these areas because if it suddenly takes more cash to buy a good player then it also needs to become easier to sell your own players.

It really is a joke that the game has been released in a shocking state and as a result I will not be buying next years game which considering I bought the first game early in the 1990's and have bought every edition since tells you how annoyed I am.

If it bothers you that much that this happens every year then wait until the patches are released before purchasing the game. If you notice it happening every year then it shouldn't really be a surprise.

Not sure SI would change as they still rake the cash and awards in every year using the method...

Well this year Im only on the demo, still frustrating as I like the rest of the game- they wont be getting my money until this is fixed though. A shame so many put up it- as you say they still rake in the cash and plaudits- makes you wonder how reviewers miss stuff like this as its obvious in the demo.

no otherwise I wouldnt have posted it.

I have basically assembled a world class squad without breaking sweat because AI players keep falling out with the manager and then being sold off for peanuts and I also am not able to sell any of my players for a reasonable fee.

Here are some examples:

1) I was trying to buy gareth bale, I offered £15 million which was turned down, i offered £20 million which was turned down. I didnt want to spend any more so I forgot about it, then ONE day after the transfer window was closed spurs offer him to me for £6.5 million as a result of him spitting his dummy over not getting a move.

2) Jose Reina decided to start hating me because I failed to fine someone for getting sent off. I then asked to be transfer listed and I obliged. I listed him for £15 million, no interested and gradually reduced the price and eventually was offering him for £2.5 million and still getting no interest.

As a result of this nonsense I have been able to put together a squad that is awesome and scoring 3 goals a game and walking away with the league. The season before I scored over 100 goals and got 90 - odd points. It doesnt even matter to me financially that I cant sell players because I am able to pick up renowned players for very little money and the money I spend is covered by prize money and sponsorship, so even if I have to give away the players that I dont want it doesnt affect me.

Therefore SI need to fix both these areas because if it suddenly takes more cash to buy a good player then it also needs to become easier to sell your own players.

It really is a joke that the game has been released in a shocking state and as a result I will not be buying next years game which considering I bought the first game early in the 1990's and have bought every edition since tells you how annoyed I am.

OMG its worse than I thought! And yes its a joke- and really show the lack of regard SI now have for a very loyal fanbase, I remember the old days when they really cared about quality. A disgrace the game has been released in such a state.

anyone know whats going on here?

signed lorenzo de silverstri - dob 23.05.88 (so, 22 at at the start of the game...)

its November and he's still playing for the Italy u21's ?

Players only need to be under 21 at the start of a competition cycle. If the competition lasts two years (qualification, then the tournament), then you can technically have 23 year olds turning out for the Under 21s in major tournaments.

I think the "old rule" allowed you a certain quota of over 21's but I think that's been dropped from use, not sure.

I tried to get Maradona to come out of retirement along with Pele to sign for me, but theres no option to do so. Totally unrealistic imo and I will never play again now.

IS THAT SUPPOSED TO BE FUNNY?

Seriously were u laughing while writing it and thinking about other people reaction …

Here are some examples:

Jose Reina decided to start hating me because I failed to fine someone for getting sent off. I then asked to be transfer listed and I obliged. I listed him for £15 million, no interested and gradually reduced the price and eventually was offering him for £2.5 million and still getting no interest.

Come on now, if Roy Hodgson offered Reina out in real life no one would be intrested in him.

Especially not for £2.5 million! Arsene Wenger might be intrested, but not for that much. [/sarcasm]

:D

I know; it took me a year to get rid of Konchesky - after offering him around at £1m for a year - and I just managed to grab Tevez for £12.5m, Gary Cahill for £3.9m and Hamsik for £10m.

I've managed to get an awesome squad together, but it just feels too easy. There's no pride in winning.

The transfer module has been in need of an overhaul for years, but SI continue to ignore it . Now with FM11 they manage to break such a fundamental part of the game , I again find myself sitting here wondering how these OBVIOUS things get through the QA process.

Well we get told its not the testers fault and I believe this is true. Betweem them SI and Sega know they have a massively loyal fanbase, no serious competition and for the last few releases have not delivered the game the fans deserve until the 2nd patch, and in some cases the 3rd in Feb. They do this every release- and its about time people stopped buying FM blindly on release- as maybe then SI would stand up and notice.

Basically they are taking the p1ss out of their fans as they have a cash cow- so glad I havent given them my money yet, as they dont deserve payment for this unfinished mess.

I think this quote is a bit OTT dont you think?

Not at all. The transfer system is shockingly bad and it's impossible to play a long term game seriously. How this got released and then failed to be dealt with after the next 2 patches is a complete joke tbh.

I tried to get Maradona to come out of retirement along with Pele to sign for me, but theres no option to do so. Totally unrealistic imo and I will never play again now.

LOL :D I have a similar problem, I cant picK Giggs or Bale to play for England? The game is ruined

Well we get told its not the testers fault and I believe this is true. Betweem them SI and Sega know they have a massively loyal fanbase, no serious competition and for the last few releases have not delivered the game the fans deserve until the 2nd patch, and in some cases the 3rd in Feb. They do this every release- and its about time people stopped buying FM blindly on release- as maybe then SI would stand up and notice.

Basically they are taking the p1ss out of their fans as they have a cash cow- so glad I havent given them my money yet, as they dont deserve payment for this unfinished mess.

Errmmmm so you haven't got FM11 but feel you can make a statement about its quality based on reading some posts?

Not at all. The transfer system is shockingly bad and it's impossible to play a long term game seriously. How this got released and then failed to be dealt with after the next 2 patches is a complete joke tbh.

It isn't impossible to play the game. I'm playing in the championship and haven't noticed this at all. I suspect its an issue for clubs in the top leagues but not in the lower leagues.

I'm sure its an issue for you managing a top side but its not the same as saying its impossible to play the game....well in my opinion anyway

It gets a little easier to sell after the first season. Sports Interactive did mention that transfer activity would be low in the first season to mirror the economic downturn and the high levels of debt among European clubs, especially during the first season.

As for the much publicised transfer bug that appears around the third season, I've just bought Ronaldo for 14 million pounds and I'm not complaining. :p

It isn't impossible to play the game. I'm playing in the championship and haven't noticed this at all. I suspect its an issue for clubs in the top leagues but not in the lower leagues.

I'm sure its an issue for you managing a top side but its not the same as saying its impossible to play the game....well in my opinion anyway

I didn't say it was impossible to play the game, I said it was impossible to play a serious long term game, unless you like the game set to easy mode and you want a team of world class players for a combined total of 80million pounds in a couple of seasons.

LOL I took the Man City job after doing well with Boro. Been with them two seasons and I'm so bored winning CL, prem, etc.. Because you get truck load of cash to spend and the chairman underwrites any debts occurred I have built this team in 2 seasons.

LLoris

De Silvestri , Pique, Chiellini , Coentrao

De Rossi , Mascherano

Robben , Pastore , Mata

Tevez

Bench/Cover - Hart, Zapata, Baines, Modric, Hazard, Vidal (great signing btw 11.5 mil release clause), Silva, Richards, Millner, Montolivo and a ridiculous amount of excellent regens in the youth team and on loan.

Hardest part of the game for me is squad registration days.

Time to go to the conference I think.

Errmmmm so you haven't got FM11 but feel you can make a statement about its quality based on reading some posts?

As I said earlier I spotted the transfer issue in the demo, thats kinda what a demo is for and it just reinforces my point as to how unacceptable it is for SI to release the game in an unfinished state year after year. Regardless of whether I own FM11 or not these points are still valid- the complaints on the forums reinforce my viewpoint- whether I own it or not is irrelevant.

Archived