Approximate Player count

Why is the player count going down on View-Only leagues??

I mean I load a league so it will have all the actual players loaded but don't actually want to manage a team there, but when I switch it to View-Only the player count goes down again. Why would I even select it as View-Only if it doesn't load the players??

I do believe View-Only will only load the top players of the leagues (so national or higher rep first-teamers, and youths with high potential)

Edit: Also note, I'm pretty sure that view-only will also weaken the AI in those leagues, leading their top teams to be quite rubbish after some time

If you've got the PC to handle it, set to normal detail, if not, try using a smaller database if you aren't already

Of course, if you aren't bother by that, don't worry :)

Well to take an example. If I select Spain, and every league there, it is about 6.000 players in 'Playable' mode ... but when selecting 'View Only', it is reduced by 6.000. It is as if I never selected Spain in the first place.

I made a test of selecting every league available ... and the count was 162.000 players. If I then turn every league except the english one to 'View Only', the count goes down to 16.000. Which is incidentally the same as if I had only selected the English league in the first place.

So I can't really see the point of the 'View-Only'.

Edit: Ahhh I just checked the tool-tip for 'View-Only: "... will simulate realistic competitions but no players will be loaded". I wonder what they mean by simulating realistic competitions?? ... does that mean that unselected leagues aren't simulated, and it is just a random draw of who wins the league etc.? .. I still fail to see why I would want to simulate a league with no players in it anyways.

That's weird, in previous FM's basic players were loaded, and those teams still sold and brought players (but not as well as loaded leagues)

Not Selected Vs. Simulated Vs. Loaded Vs. Full Detail

Not selected means the same clubs will usually represent the non-selected nation year in and year out in continental competitions

Simulated will alter the table and play fixtures, but using only the basic algorithms (basically, higher rep clubs will win more than lower rep, but still allow for upsets)

Loaded will use the standard simulation algorithm (this is the default setting for all leagues/cups except any your club is involved in) which will take into account more stats

Full Detail can only be set after a new game begins (Game Details menu - this is also the only option allowed all leagues/cups your club is involved in), will use the highest level algorithms for matches, which will take into account, every bit of information available to the game (will fully simulate a complete match)

Hmmm does that mean that if I only load the English leagues, then none of the others will buy and sell players and such?? ... in such a case I guess that would be the only reason to include leagues as View-Only. So you would at least have an international transfer market, and not just national clubs buying from each other.

They do buy and sell players, but not as intelligently as a loaded league

I don't know the time frame, but eventually, any loaded league will become superior to any that isn't

Even more so in FM11 with DLR taken into account

Thing is, View-Only should load up some players

After all if you don't choose Spain, you'd find that Barcelona should still have their top players

Is possible that only a couple of hundred players are loaded with view-only, so the player count isn't accurate

Edit: Your best bet might be to create a new game to the settings (view-only or full, etc), and then use a tool like FMRTE to get a complete player count

For example, upon creating a game, FM tells me I'll have 110,000 players... yet FMRTE says closer 130,000 exist in my game

Would an option be to load a league as view only then add players from top division clubs?

It seems that View-Only leagues do get a bare minimum of players for the top division clubs. But most have around 2-6 youth players, and no reserve players. Teams in leagues not loaded are even worse off.

So it seems the solution is to load as many leagues as you think your system can handle, and then load the rest of the leagues you want into the database.

Sadly lots of players have an adverse effect on the speed of my FM interface. Even opening screen that have nothing to do with other clubs' players can take several seconds (like Fixtures screen and Tactics). Opening the 'World -> All Clubs' view takes about a minute the first time I open it. After that "only" about 15 seconds.

In a view only league can you see who the leagues top scorer is? I am guessing not. Can you send scouts to scout the league?

First question is a definite no. You cannot see player stats for a view-only league, only team stats. Not sure about the second question...I can't scout outside of Oceania yet! :p

In a view only league can you see who the leagues top scorer is? I am guessing not. Can you send scouts to scout the league?

You can scout the view only leagues. I have Poland in view only and I am currently scouting them. Also, Legia bought Jenas off me.

I picked Wales as view only too, just a bit of fun as I shoved all the Welsh teams over there. Swansea won the league.

Archived