Training Facility Upgrade CANCELLED for Lack of Funds - I'm worth £18.25 Mil!

I asked the board to upgrade my Training Facilities from Adequate in September 2010 at the Grasshopper Club Zurich which was then worth £11.75 Mil.

The planning for the facilities was supposed to finish in May 2011, but come may I get a message from them saying 'Expansion of Training Facilities cancelled due to Lack of Funds'!!! At this point my club was worth £12 Mil. I had not exceeded my Wage Budget or the Transfer Budget, and my Transfer spending was exactly equal to the Transfer revenue. Basically I broke even. Month after that I won the league and earned some more money, taking the worth to £13.5 Mil.

Problem is, even now in my second season, when I've sold a few players and my club's valued at £18.25 Mil, I'm not getting an option to upgrade training or youth facilities. The planning phase which was completed last year is still sitting ready for my to build on, but the option is greyed out. I have all 4-star coaches, but adequate training facilities are stunting the growth of my players...

16814195.png

Does anybody have the same problem? What do I do next??!

I definitely don't have a money problem - look at my transfer & wage budgets...

Your club is worth £18m, but that is the value of the playing squad, the stadium, the training facilities, the clubs cash reserves and the clubs name. Not how much you have in the bank, its a suggested guide as to how much someone would have to pay to buy your club. If you go to the finances tab you will see what your actual balance is probably around a million or two if that.

Dude, look at the finances screen - i'd bet you are in negative balance - that's usually when projects get cancelled

If i were guessing, you probably bought players for up front fees and sold others for fees payable over a long time

Here's my finance screen, check out the balance at the bottom:

67199437.png

NOTE: I just discovered, I'm actualy upgrading from 'Good' training facilities :o

So, I guess £6 Mil is not enough to upgrade to excellent... Sorry for the misunderstanding guys, and thanks for all the replies. BTW, Anyone know how much it could cost to upgrade from Good to the next level??

Huh?! Can a chairman do that without consulting the manager?! I must be lucky, coz my board has never interfered directly with anything except for the upgrade in the one season I've played...

He is your boss so off course he can that :) he can also make feeder and parrents clubs over your head etc

i had this but next season they were completed. its down to chariman ambition, having good finances and general luck. i was bristol city couldnt afford even with promotion an upgrade but managed to avoid relegation and they were completed. General rule of thumb for me at my club is my chairman needs 150% of value before its considered.

so basically is upgrade costs £10million he wont let me upgrade unless i have £15million in the bank

Huh?! Can a chairman do that without consulting the manager?! I must be lucky, coz my board has never interfered directly with anything except for the upgrade in the one season I've played...

Yep, I was in charge of Wigan and the board decided to expand my stadium and develop my training facilities without me requesting/enquiring about either of them.

happened to me as well. They canceled three upgrades days from competition. I ask them again and it starts from the beginning. :/

Its probably because i asked them for a new stadium. No idea whats going on there, its in some planning stage that should have ended months ago according to the screen.

You have to look at the bank balance.

Also, upgrading the training facilities can cost over 12 million easily, so I can see the board canceling it because it would take up pretty much the entire bank balance.

But they don't tell you how much money are needed for the upgrade. This is frustrating. I had 3 milions and upgrades were canceled.

Archived