Throw-ins

Please, for crying out loud, can this be sorted for FM2012 if it can't be sorted in a patch. Change the 'throw-ins left/right' to 'throw-ins attacking/defending'. I'm sick to absolute death of setting my midfielders/strikers to take throw-ins, but a defender will, and despite telling my DM and all 4 defenders to stay back, they're always up there, leaving me with maybe just 1 or 2 players back, when it should be 4 or 5. I've set enough players to stay back, none of the players who'd go back are set to take throw-ins, yet they still sometimes take them, or go forward. I do NOT want that. If I tell them not to take a throw-in, I don't want them to take 1. If I tell them to stay back at a throw-in, I want them to stay back. It's so frustrating, given that it costs me goals at times, and there's no need for it. What good is it having left/right, when they're likely to be the same anyway, and don't take into account whether it's an attacking throw-in or a defensive throw-in. Please, if you do nothing else, CHANGE IT TO ATTACKING/DEFENDING THROW-INS. If you do, make sure it works. Make sure it only lets the players I choose to take throw-ins take them, not other players, and make sure if I tell players to stay back, that they do stay back. It's so goddamn irritating!

It's got nothing to do with who my best 2 takers are, as I've set it so only my midfielders/strikers (not including my DM) take the throw-ins, even though it makes my defenders take them half the time, when they should all be back, not forward, and not taking throw-ins.

It's got nothing to do with who my best 2 takers are, as I've set it so only my midfielders/strikers (not including my DM) take the throw-ins, even though it makes my defenders take them half the time, when they should all be back, not forward, and not taking throw-ins.

Mmmm could be a bug lol

• 2 months later...

I have set all my defenders to stay back and two midfielders yet every throw in they all push into the box and I'm constantly getting countered by the top teams. I have reduced the creative freedom to zero but this has made no difference. It ruins the game and there seems to be no way to stop it. It is infuriating and seems to be built in to ensure top teams get clear cut chances even if you have a top defensive strategy, however it is blatantly unrealistic and is really putting me off FM. If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated.

For years players have ignored set piece intructions, especially the stay back command. On corners in FM2010 I would be leading by a goal and set half my team to stay back on corners. Yet several would go forward anyway. I agree, it is infuriating when the result is a counterattack goal against you.

Archived