Vista vs XP

FM worked perfectly well with Vista for me at first but recently I've been unable to use Firefox or IE at the same time as FM without the computer becoming not just sluggish, but unbearably slow. Usually takes about 5 minutes between me clicking a link and the web page loading. No idea what has happened, probably wouldn't be an issue on my systems.

Thanks for your replies guys.

Originally posted by FrazT:

Despite what some people who have had problems with Vista say, there are no problems installing FM on Vista as long as you have an up to date system and do a clean install.

What is a 'clean install'?

I am thinking he means a first time install with any interuptions..

I have had Vista for 2 months now and i have not encounterd any problems with it..

Actually FM seems to performe better on my Vista version then my XP version icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by KingKenny:

Thanks for your replies guys.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrazT:

Despite what some people who have had problems with Vista say, there are no problems installing FM on Vista as long as you have an up to date system and do a clean install.

What is a 'clean install'? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From the SI website

To be honest its very hard not to buy a new computer or laptop without having to having Windows Vista if you are going to have a Microsoft operating system. Most shops have already stopped giving a choice between Vista and XP and so you may have to have Vista if you buy a new laptop.

Originally posted by DietSpam:

I run it on Vista x64 with no problems. Vista isn't as bad as people make it out to be, and some people just say it's crap when they have no idea what they are talking about.

I agree most people that say vista isn't good haven't even used it.

Originally posted by Drunk Beware:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DietSpam:

I run it on Vista x64 with no problems. Vista isn't as bad as people make it out to be, and some people just say it's crap when they have no idea what they are talking about.

I agree most people that say vista isn't good haven't even used it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed here too. I was very sceptical about putting on my gaming rig but I can honestly say that I have not had even half of the problems with Vista 64 that I had with XP 64.

I'm on vista and i am currently having a nightmare trying to get the thing installed.

see my post in the bugs forum.

I'm sure once i get it installed it will be fine but at the moment nothing is working, somethign to do with a gui user interface error?

i'm not hot on computers.

Originally posted by andyinuk:

it was same with windows XP when it came out. i couldn't believe how many people told me at the time Windows ME was a better operating system

Because it pretty much was (actually, the 98SE was), at least until the service packs started rolling in... and I'm fairly certain the same is true of Vista and XP.

Originally posted by KingKenny:

I'm going to buy a new laptop this weekend. Are there any problems running FM on Vista as opposed to XP, or is there anything I should be aware of?

Any help would be appreciated. Ta!

Vista is actually quite all right if you tweak it a bit to remove a lot of the unnecessary widgets. Seems to be generally more stable than XP was for me.

And Windows ME? There was a reason it was known as "Mistake Edition"....

Archived