Selling players

i think it comes down to when the club wants to buy them not when you want to sell. I struggled to sell park ji sung and berbatov and only managed loans in the first season with a buy on clause at the end for both, but at the january window aston villa wanted to buy gibson which i sold for 6million plus 50% sell on. Strange I know but does make it some what interesting

I managed to sell pretty much everyone. Things that help:

- Having more leagues loaded, so there is more activity

- Being a couple seasons in (there will be more money, and the first season is pretty much set in stone transfer wise)

- Your players have to be interested in the move. The higher your club/league rep is, the less likely a player is to move, unless you list him / make him unhappy / ...

- Players with a big rep will be more popular than players who barely played a game

- Players with a high PA will be more popular (that's why I only buy players recommended by scouts)

I have pretty much the reversed problem you have, the belgian league rep is quite low, wages are quite low, and every good signing I make is pretty much wanted by every italian / spanish / english side. And since those players like to move to bigger leagues, It's hard to keep em for long.

I managed to sell pretty much everyone. Things that help:

- Having more leagues loaded, so there is more activity

- Being a couple seasons in (there will be more money, and the first season is pretty much set in stone transfer wise)

- Your players have to be interested in the move. The higher your club/league rep is, the less likely a player is to move, unless you list him / make him unhappy / ...

- Players with a big rep will be more popular than players who barely played a game

- Players with a high PA will be more popular (that's why I only buy players recommended by scouts)

I have pretty much the reversed problem you have, the belgian league rep is quite low, wages are quite low, and every good signing I make is pretty much wanted by every italian / spanish / english side. And since those players like to move to bigger leagues, It's hard to keep em for long.

so what your saying is that if you have a crappy computer and cant laod many leagues, dont play the game, it will be unplayable for you.

play in the lower leagues or you cant sell anyone

you have to wait a few years and let some half decent players that could get you a few ££ loose all there value because they was sitting in your reserves and never playing.

and the rest of what you said makes no differance to the top leagues, for example, carrick - good player, low ish wages for league/reputation/ability. im fairly sure if sir alex wanted to sell him irl then there would be a fair few clubs interested (last 2 years there has always been rumurs in the papers) yet is is as unhappy as can be im my game, and still cant be sold for FREE???

summary - this game is no longer football manager, it should be called lower league manager :(

Archived