Players not being picked for International teams - but they're damn good!

I have a Colombian and an Englishman who are very good for me (Liverpool).

The Colombian is the top striker in the Premier League, has been world player of the year twice yet has not been picked since he was in the Colombian U/21s. He's 28 now.

My Englishman is a winger, 26 years old who has the most assists in the league, a current ability of 190 and is a stalwart in the best team in the Premiership for a few years running.

Why aren't they getting picked? I notice their "rivals" in their national side are no where near as good.

Originally posted by OrientMartin:

What year are you in?

Are they regens, if they are that may be why as the AI manager of national teams seems to have a bias towards real players.

If either of them have 2nd nationality, occasionally the AI refuses to consider them for call ups for some reason.

Originally posted by Khyron:

I'm in 2020 and yes they both have 2nd nationalities.

The Englishman is also Northern Irish and the Colombian is also Spanish.

Yeah I have the same issue in my current game: a couple of Brazillian lads who are the dogs-knackers and they aren't getting called up for either of their nationalities (German and Italian FYI).

I've noticed on my game that if a newgen with dual nationalities doesnt get picked unless he has declared for a nation.

I have three players all in the international wilderness and one, Rogerio Peralta, has a PA of 199 and CA of 189 and is clearly the best player in the at the min but hasn't played full international as he is American with Mexico as second! This needs looking at for FM09 along with all the other issues regarding newgens

Archived