Mr.Hough / JP Tactic 10.3 (FM11 version)

Hi,

I used Mr.Hough and JP Woody's 10.3 tactic with great success (like everyone else I'd say) and I've tried to use it for the FM 11.1.1 version as well.

The problem has been the defence, but after some minor tweaks, it's working quite well for me at least. I haven't done much with the tactic. I've changed the setting on the "cover" defender and the left back, as well as changed some of the passing settings etc. After removing the "cover" defender, the defence seem to work better. I've also decided to pull back the left back a few notches, which also had improved the defence. After a period with some minor tweaks, the results are now quite good.

I'm no tactic wiz as I've always found it more interesting developing a club, discovering talents etc. I've never been that into tactics and preferred to use tactics like this one or other people's work. What I'm trying to say, is that I really don't know how to improve it further and I need advice. I'm not even sure if it's any good, despite I'm having success with it. If someone would like to take it a step further, do their own tweaking and share their tactics, we might have a decent tactic on hand. Despite this first being made for the 10.3 version and not FM11.

I've been getting too many red cards though, so I might need to have a look at that. I'm creating most chances on the break and fast players like Villalva and Buonanotte seem to be loving this tactic.

I'll include some screens of a few results, a undefeated streak and the league table.

I've won 6 - 2 away against both Newell's and Vélez. Take notice of the CCC.

761914.jpeg

I started using the tweaked tactic last season and it won me the league. I had then used "Goal Galore" tactic without the same success, so I decided to go back to the old Mr.Hough/JP 10.3 tactic for the last 8-9 matches. This season I've continued to use the tactic with great success. 10 - 3 - 0.

761918.jpeg

The only defeat I've had while using this tactic came in the Copa Libertadores when I used a b-side. Should have won the game though.

761921.jpeg

This is the team I'm using. No big changes from the team you begin with in 2010.

761922.jpeg

The tactic

http://www.filefront.com/17534660/Mr Hough and JP Woody FM11 (River Plate, Apr 2012).tac

I'm trying this out with Birmingham, a team that struggles for a middle table position in the Premiership. Pre season games and the first three championship games went pretty well.

My assistance manager has a lot of work... he goes to the press conferences before and after the games and i make him pick the players to play in the next match :) ... among other things.

I usually give teamtalks and touchline instructions during the game. Using default trainings. Did not acquire any player nor staff. I'll try it until half season (if I'm not sacked until then :s), then post some results.

• 2 months later...

Archived