Will reserve teams enter Europe if they win a cup with a place?

I'm manager of Ceahlaul in the Romanian second division, and due to a slight tactical oversight (I made all my unfit first team players, about 8 out of my first team and subs, eligible for my reserve cup games, meaning they couldn't play for the first team on the same day) Which has resulted in my reserve team reaching the quarter final of the cup, with an easy enough draw to the Semis.

I was wondering if anybody here had encountered this, or a similar situation to this, and would be able to tell me the answer!

What does "Reserve" mean? In some countries there are restrictions for age or nationality, in others reserve are only what it means - players not needed in the first team. If a reserve team without restriction would qualified it would be obvious, that the first team would play in Europe - even labeled as "second" team. In theory it would be possible that both clubs qualify for Europe in a smaller league, one as champion and one as cup winner and both for the Euro-Cup. I don't think that the UEFA rules would allow that.

What does "Reserve" mean? In some countries there are restrictions for age or nationality, in others reserve are only what it means - players not needed in the first team. If a reserve team without restriction would qualified it would be obvious, that the first team would play in Europe - even labeled as "second" team. In theory it would be possible that both clubs qualify for Europe in a smaller league, one as champion and one as cup winner and both for the Euro-Cup. I don't think that the UEFA rules would allow that.

but in some countries the reserve team is treated as a separate team that provides football at a lower level for players not needed in the first team. So if they won the cup why wouldn't they qualify unless UEFA said otherwise? And if UEFA have no official stance on this then its no bug if they qualify.

Archived