One team talk, 4 players unsettled, come on man..!

So my lads play pretty poorly in a home match we were supposed to be winning quite easily. We end up winning 3-2 in the end, but in the team talk I let them know their performance wasn't good enough. Now I have 4 players complaining about the way I talk to players in team talks and one player even asking to be transfer listed after I stood by my words after a private chat. We're currently 2nd in the league, 3 points behind the leader with 10 games to go. But this one post match teamtalk has unsettled 4 of my most important players. This never happened to me before in all the years i've played FM. Now I understand that consistently negative teamtalks may upset a player, but this seems pretty ridiculous to me. All of the players concerned had a good relationship with me before this incident, but now they all have a poor opinion of me. Surely this kind of overreaction shouldn't happen, at least not with so many players at once they can't all be prima donnas that can't take criticism.

You need to look at the rating for all the players. Even though it looks like the team as a whole is playing badly, your 4 players in question may have had a rating say 7+ but because you have address the team as a whole as being unhappy they feel hard done by. Try doing individual team talks. Praise the people who are playing well, encourage the ones playing a bit within themselves and get the hairdryer out for the awful players.

You need to look at the rating for all the players. Even though it looks like the team as a whole is playing badly, your 4 players in question may have had a rating say 7+ but because you have address the team as a whole as being unhappy they feel hard done by. Try doing individual team talks. Praise the people who are playing well, encourage the ones playing a bit within themselves and get the hairdryer out for the awful players.

There is more to it then this. The AI a lot of times acts like baby's having their candy taken away, it especially over reacts to match time talks no matter if you address the whole team or not.

I've had my veteran captain complain because I gave him a disappointed (not angry) talk after a very blatantly vicious tackle that earned him a red card less then 20 minutes in the game. After the match I also gave him a warning for the play (which he accepted) but he had a concern... he didn't like my team talk. How can the AI be ok with the criticism in one way but upset by it another way?

Beyond that though I've had other plays complain about disappointed talks while not having a good or bad rating (like 6.7-6.8). The AI is was to sensitive to team talk criticism plain and simple, especially for people with a real disciplinarian style like myself, see stupidity from the team all the time but I can't come down hard to try and make them learn (not that the AI developed enough anyway) unless they just have a flat terrible game. It's all too generic anyway, I'd love to take the players that continue taking missed long shots when told to do it rarely and give them a nice taste of military discipline.

Archived