Player Insurance?

I am not sure I understand Samuel. Players have a contract to a club - so if they get injured then who would pay? Just like a house by the sea - no insurance company in their right mind would want to get involved as the pay out percentages would be just so high - or if they did they would command an obscene amount. Player injuries are part and parcel of the game - the player is insured to an extent - such as when a player gets injured he still gets his full wage and the club cannot just terminate his contract - unless they pay a large amount of compensation or a mutual termination. It would be a different matter if the player was injured on International duty playing in a friendly - as many club manager's have said the club should be compensated such as Hodgsen and the recent Gerrard case. But as this does not exist IRL then there should be no place for it in FM. If that changed then FM would look to implement it I am sure.

And then you would open a can of worms up. Where would it stop? Minor injuries as well? What would the measuring stick be? The day insurance claims come in would be a grave day for a contact, competitive sport IMO - but due to the risk/reward I can not see it.

Archived