Teamtalk for misfiring striker?

My top striker (Adam le Fondre, Rotherham) is on a huge goal drough...Very Poor morale, low confidence?

What team talk should I use? "You have faith" or "Expect a performance" ? or another?

Try two things:

Tell him "No pressure" AND play a meaningless friendly against somebody you can absolutely whoop and play him up front and make sure he scores a few goals. It'll improve his morale. Put him on penno duty as for the main game as well.

don't set high expectations. tell him you have faith in his ability.

also try setting all wide players to cross balls in, and have one of your midfielders taking long shots with another playing through balls. get him to mark the keeper and closing down often. works for me sometimes as there are a lot of balls going into the box, so your striker should be in the right place for rebounds and 50-50's as well as getting on the end of a cross

I use 'have faith' more for younger players or players with bad determination, 'expect a performance' from determined vets. Never see a nervous reaction from the 'expect' talk, but nothing ever seems to make them play better. The only things I even see as actually useful are the 'have faith' and 'no pressure' talks on the younger or mentally weaker players, especially when giving a 'expect win' or one of negative talks tot he rest of the team.

I find it's far easier to cause nervousness then inspire good play with talks, the AI is too sensitive to negativity.

As a general rule in FM , an arm around the shoulder is better than a stern telling off - whether its's the team or an individual player IMO. So like a few people have said - you have faith would be the order of the day for me, or no pressure. If after a few games he has not improved then maybe dropping him or I expect a performance.

A lot would depend on some of the hidden attributes such as pressure - as a high values pressure played may perform well with 'I expect a performance' where as a low pressure player may be a shrinking violet in the same circumstance.

Archived