system required for best game performace?

You're not going to 'run all leagues' and 'get no lag' on any PC available today - assuming that when you refer to lag, you're referring to extensive delays while processsing other fixtures.

Get a system with a multi-core CPU, 4GB RAM or more, 64-bit Windows 7, and you'll be fine, so long as you're reasonable with the number of leagues you load.

thanks for the suggestions.

so its impossible to run all leagues as said?

yes my lag refers to the processing of other fixtures and loading when going into a match as well as some pauses in match engine.

can u explain wat is multi-core?

what is the most crucial thing in a system to be able to load a large data in the game? is it RAM? or video RAM?

You're not going to 'run all leagues' and 'get no lag' on any PC available today - assuming that when you refer to lag, you're referring to extensive delays while processsing other fixtures.

Get a system with a multi-core CPU, 4GB RAM or more, 64-bit Windows 7, and you'll be fine, so long as you're reasonable with the number of leagues you load.

I am currently running ALL the leagues in my game (around 117 leagues) and this is the specification of my laptop:

Core 2 Duo processor 2.53Ghz

NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS video card

4 GB of RAM

Windows 7 64-bit OS.

So far, I am in my first season and the speed is reasonable to me. But I am not sure how this set up would run 5 seasons from now!

The problem is, FM 2011 is still 32-bit. I just hope that Football Manager 2012 would be 64-bit!

By the way, my laptop is "only" a Gateway FX model, suited for gaming. But an Alienware M17X is one of the best gaming laptops in the world right now!

RAM and CPU its what you need to look at with a half decent graphics for the 3D match engine. If you wnat to really push the boat out then get a SSD (solid state drive) or two SSD's in RAID 0.

half decent as in ATI radeon or Geforce of 512 VRAM?

i don't really know what is SSD.. mind explaining?

I am currently running ALL the leagues in my game (around 117 leagues) and this is the specification of my laptop:

4 GB of RAM

Windows 7 64-bit OS.

So far, I am in my first season and the speed is reasonable to me. But I am not sure how this set up would run 5 seasons from now!

The problem is, FM 2011 is still 32-bit. I just hope that Football Manager 2012 would be 64-bit!

By the way, my laptop is "only" a Gateway FX model, suited for gaming. But an Alienware M17X is one of the best gaming laptops in the world right now!

wow.. what's your memory for your video card? so what if fm11 is 32bit.. whats the difference with it from 64bit?

i am considering getting a laptop for general usage purpose but i wana make sure the specs is good enough and of cos able to run fm11 smoothly.

is it good enough for i3/i5 2/4gb and 1 gb vram?

4 GB of RAM

Windows 7 64-bit OS.

117 leagues on that system? My desktop is something similar and I can't run more than 3-4 countries.

For a laptop it could be a Alienware M17x.

You should seriously be shot where you stand for recommending someone buys an Alienware. Ever since Dell have taken them over trying to play FM on a microwave would make more sense and be a much better use of money.

If you want FM to run at absolutely optimal speed you want:

A 6 core i7 processor (the QPI allows much faster data transfer)

This overclocked so the 6.4GT/s is 7.2 or 7.6GT/s and the blck core is about 200Mhz

2000Mhz RAM, probably overclocked to 2200Mhz

A motherboard which supports the above overclock

The Match engine needs little in the way of power to process so any gfx card from post 2005/6 would do.

But seriously, recommending alienware to people? Their top end laptops are around 2 grand, I've only just forced a friend to send his back so that he could get a proper computer (ie desktop) for the price of his Alienware laptop he is getting:

28" monitor

i7 980X

H70 cooler

Antec 1200 Case

Nvidia GTX580

6GB of tri-channel Dominator 2000Mhz RAM

That covers the basics, but his laptop cost £2568, his desktop which quite frankly tears it a new one with some of the absolute top end components available comes to £2400 on Aria.

That said however, when doing benchmarks because of the throttling his processor had, even my 5750 gfx card came out with higher scores than his SLi 250's and my own PC only cost £800 with much lesser components in than that above. With just England loaded it takes 9 minutes for me to holiday a season with fortnightly autosaving.

RAM and CPU its what you need to look at with a half decent graphics for the 3D match engine. If you wnat to really push the boat out then get a SSD (solid state drive) or two SSD's in RAID 0.

Having 2 ssd's wont make any difference. Having one will if the game and the data is installed updated / saved there

You should seriously be shot where you stand for recommending someone buys an Alienware. Ever since Dell have taken them over trying to play FM on a microwave would make more sense and be a much better use of money.

If you want FM to run at absolutely optimal speed you want:

A 6 core i7 processor (the QPI allows much faster data transfer)

This overclocked so the 6.4GT/s is 7.2 or 7.6GT/s and the blck core is about 200Mhz

2000Mhz RAM, probably overclocked to 2200Mhz

A motherboard which supports the above overclock

The Match engine needs little in the way of power to process so any gfx card from post 2005/6 would do.

But seriously, recommending alienware to people? Their top end laptops are around 2 grand, I've only just forced a friend to send his back so that he could get a proper computer (ie desktop) for the price of his Alienware laptop he is getting:

28" monitor

i7 980X

H70 cooler

Antec 1200 Case

Nvidia GTX580

6GB of tri-channel Dominator 2000Mhz RAM

That covers the basics, but his laptop cost £2568, his desktop which quite frankly tears it a new one with some of the absolute top end components available comes to £2400 on Aria.

That said however, when doing benchmarks because of the throttling his processor had, even my 5750 gfx card came out with higher scores than his SLi 250's and my own PC only cost £800 with much lesser components in than that above. With just England loaded it takes 9 minutes for me to holiday a season with fortnightly autosaving.

can u simplify it? there's some terms like QPI GT/s that i don't understand.. sorry lol

I've never had problems (the odd crash aside) loading all the leagues or players, but never played that many seasons.

A better question would be what is your recommended player count (75k here) and what are your PC specs? Furthermore what is the highest possible recommended player count (think I've seen 125k about but can't remember)?

Would there be a significant difference if switching from a regular (new though) HD to a SSD? I only have a 1TB regular HD at the moment but may buy a new SSD and only install games on it that use it significantly.

I have an i7 950 running at 4 GHz and 6 gig of ram so I'm already looking pretty good with the speed.

Would there be a significant difference if switching from a regular (new though) HD to a SSD? I only have a 1TB regular HD at the moment but may buy a new SSD and only install games on it that use it significantly.

I have an i7 950 running at 4 GHz and 6 gig of ram so I'm already looking pretty good with the speed.

Faster startup, faster saving/loading times. Worth the cash?? ;)

Archived