4-1-4-1...v2...great back and front

So after instaling 8.0.2 I was forced to go and make a new tactic as my previous one was not

working all that well, despite it did get my Bromley team second spot in Premiership but the

fact that i was 'bout 15 points behind Arsenal made my rethink how much my tac was really

good.

So once again I started work on my all time favourite FM tactic 4-1-4-1 (along with 4-4-1-1)

coz I was allways more fond of good defensive tactic (this maybe has to do with me playing

mostly LLM).

Thing are looking pretty good so far with my sitting in 2nd one point behind Livpool, and in

1st in CL top of Barca who are no doubt best team in the game (with Arsenal) in the year

2020 + I just beat them 6-1 (goals galore 8.0.2) home.

So on to the tactic itself.

The look

The latest results

DEFENSE

Nothing much to say here. I tryied to make a great deffending back line in the expense of

making them contribute little in the offense, but ended up making those FB's make good

amount of forward runs and getting themself a lot of assists.

They are all on short passing what makes them waste as little as possible balls.

MIDFIELD

This was my main concerne while making this tactic. You should really dominate the field

here with those 5 guys pasing the balls among themself and building possesion. I managed to

make the DMC act as a CB in defense and MC in ofense and that was a long and painfull job,

trust me....

The two MC's and the DMC are going to have a lot of short passes, while the wingers are on

more direct passing hence collecting a lot of assists, especially the AMR.

Like the DMC, the AML is ackting twoways, like an ML and a second striker depending on the

faze of the play.

ATTACK

Well pretty much straight forward striker here, but I must admit that I had trouble making

him more dangerous coz I always had him on often FWR and that made him little involved in

the game, but since I put him on rarelly FWR he is lethall, scoring allmost a goal per game

(agian goals galore 8.0.2).

Thats all folks!

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice shape, especially useful against sides that pack the midfield.

I tweaked it into a very effective counter attacking tactic by ticking counter, dropping the defensive line to the last notch of deep (before normal), mentality last notch of defensive (to normal) passing last notch of mixed to direct & drop the width a tad more.

I also adjust my target man to supply to feet but that's just his preference.

I'd also look at the oppo fullbacks if one of them looks like he's going to have a hard time against one of my widemen (because he's slow or in poorish physical form) I'll focus attacks down that side.

Originally posted by ron.e:

www2- how long should i give this tactic? 10,20 or the whole season of games? or is it a case of you knowing that the tactic is good as soon as you start playing with it? Thanks

I must admit that I have never downloaded a single tactic in all of my CM-FM carrer so I wouldnt know, but you should see if a certain tactic will work for you by 10th or 15th game.....when creating a tactic I usually see if I am going in the right direction by the FLOW of the ball.

Originally posted by hal107:

Do you make any changes for BIG away games? Or when defending a lead? What about OI's?

Good you asked coz i forgot to say that when playing HOME i put the team mentality two notches to attack.

Beside that i sometimes pot an farrow on FB's and and farrow directing just behind the right MC.

Concerning OI...I dont remember when was the last time I used this

Originally posted by wez007:

Totally agree!

WWW2, you may have to explain to my misses why im going to be cooped up in my attic all day playing FM!

LOL.....My gf just went home so I have all day of playing infront of me.

PS....take five minutes of and give her a back rub or wash the dishes (if there is not a lot of them)....etc....thats what I do and it seems to buy me atleast an hour or two of "peace" icon_biggrin.gif

www2 I`ve played a half season, i am managing Juventus! We play some nice football, but i got one problem.! So far i have played 19 games and my goal score is 27-7 and sitting 3 in serie a!. I havent been outplayed in any game, but i have had a lot of draws, all games where i was dommenating big time! The opposit only have about 2-5 chances againts my 20-30, but i still dont manage to get the ball in the box! Any advice here?

Line up:

http://peecee.dk/uploads/022008/Juve.JPG

Match1:http://peecee.dk/uploads/022008/match1.JPG

Match2:http://peecee.dk/uploads/022008/match2.JPG

Just some exampels!

Originally posted by legacalcio:

www2 I`ve played a half season, i am managing Juventus! We play some nice football, but i got one problem.! So far i have played 19 games and my goal score is 27-7 and sitting 3 in serie a!. I havent been outplayed in any game, but i have had a lot of draws, all games where i was dommenating big time! The opposit only have about 2-5 chances againts my 20-30, but i still dont manage to get the ball in the box! Any advice here?

Line up:

Just some exampels!

Dont really know whats wrong...well I wouldnt call it wrong. For Juve in season one this is a good result.

If you only conceded 7 in a half a season than it cant be wrong.....

How Trezeguet doing, is he scoring alot. My main SC finished with 40 goals last season

Line up:

Just some exampels!

OH....and are you playing 8.0.1 or 8.0.2 , coz that kind of goal to shot ration was "normal" in 8.0.1

Originally posted by Richard76:

Not many clean sheets on your results though.

Has anybody cracked defending on 8.0.2?

Not really correct.....

Most of those goals came after 3-3...4-4 draws which happen way to often post 8.0.2.

Gonna chack how many clean sheets I had when I come home

Originally posted by www2:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richard76:

Not many clean sheets on your results though.

Has anybody cracked defending on 8.0.2?

Not really correct.....

Most of those goals came after 3-3...4-4 draws which happen way to often post 8.0.2.

Gonna chack how many clean sheets I had when I come home </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with that.

Good stuff mate, look forward to finding out.

Hi WWW2,

Would you say that this is better that your 'options' tactic which you created a while ago.

I have to say that tactic saved my season as Liverpool. Couldn't buy a win when I started but when I switched to your tactic, I finished up winning the league so was really impressed overall.

My only tiny criticism was that there weren't many goals scored from open play. Alot of my big wins were because my DC scored a couple from corners.

Would you say that this tactic is more effective in the goalscoring department.

Thanks again for your help.

Another question - does the MR just act as a normal winger (getting to the byline and supplying crosses etc) or does he act like more of an AMR/ST getting up to support the strikers and scoring goals etc.

The only reason I ask is that I was thinking of buying Asamoah Gyan to play in the AMR role on your options tactic as I think he would suit this role as the AMR gets lots of chances to score and doesn't really perform as a 'normal' winger - more of a support striker. Don't think he would fare as well as a normal winger as his crossing stats are fairly poor so if I decided to change tactics to this, may be better switching my target to someone like Rosina or Belluschi who don't necessarily have the finishing stats but are fast with good pace and crossing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks very much.

Just tried this tactic with manchester united.

Beat Fulham 3-1 away from home.

It is a very good attacking formation but they catch you on the counter a few times.

Which if that was arsenal i would of been hammered.

Have you got any tips to improve the defesive part of the tactic.

Thanks i will keep you posted how i do.

Originally posted by mick23:

Hi WWW2,

Would you say that this is better that your 'options' tactic which you created a while ago.

I have to say that tactic saved my season as Liverpool. Couldn't buy a win when I started but when I switched to your tactic, I finished up winning the league so was really impressed overall.

My only tiny criticism was that there weren't many goals scored from open play. Alot of my big wins were because my DC scored a couple from corners.

Would you say that this tactic is more effective in the goalscoring department.

Thanks again for your help.

Well my opinion is that this is more solid at and must say that it works better for 8.0.2, but this can be because I used the options tactic for few seasons and like always in cm/fm you have to change your tactic every couple of seasons.

Originally posted by mick23:

Another question - does the MR just act as a normal winger (getting to the byline and supplying crosses etc) or does he act like more of an AMR/ST getting up to support the strikers and scoring goals etc.

The only reason I ask is that I was thinking of buying Asamoah Gyan to play in the AMR role on your options tactic as I think he would suit this role as the AMR gets lots of chances to score and doesn't really perform as a 'normal' winger - more of a support striker. Don't think he would fare as well as a normal winger as his crossing stats are fairly poor so if I decided to change tactics to this, may be better switching my target to someone like Rosina or Belluschi who don't necessarily have the finishing stats but are fast with good pace and crossing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks very much.

Well to answer your question I will tell you that my MR ended his season with 19 goals and 28 assists....and yeah I think that Gyan would be good at AMR position in my options tactic but if retrained at MR may be just as good in MR in this tactic.

Couldnt really say something smart as I never had Gyan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">www2

I play whit patch 8.0.2! Trezegoal are doing fine, could be better, but it think you got too have a fast striker up there, what about Aguero? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Aguero is yet to fail in any tactic in FM icon_wink.gif

He scores for fun no matter the tactic

Originally posted by littleboyc:

Just tried this tactic with manchester united.

Beat Fulham 3-1 away from home.

It is a very good attacking formation but they catch you on the counter a few times.

Which if that was arsenal i would of been hammered.

Have you got any tips to improve the defesive part of the tactic.

Thanks i will keep you posted how i do.

Just play it and let your players get used to it....you will not concede a lot (as much as this is possible after 8.0.2)

Originally posted by Snr Sarg:

WWW, just curious, do you find different pitch sizes have any effect on the effectiveness of your tactic?

Well I used to have narrow pitch while getting the promotions to Premiership and since switched to normal size and to be honest didnt notice any big change......but some people around this forums say they did.

It would be logical to have narrow pitch when you are the underdog in the leauge just so that you have a smaller surface to cover while defending and have a wider when you play with big teams a good wingers...but as I said I didnt notice big changes

I was looking for a new tactic for my Southport game as my one was cracked after the patch was released. I tried this one and it did not work after testing if for 10 games. I only won 2 and conceaded lots of goals from free kicks. The left midfielder also kept on going on silly runs out wide and was well ahead of the team who crosses it to no one in the box.

Originally posted by www2:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mick23:

Any thoughts?

Thanks very much.

Well to answer your question I will tell you that my MR ended his season with 19 goals and 28 assists....and yeah I think that Gyan would be good at AMR position in my options tactic but if retrained at MR may be just as good in MR in this tactic.

Couldnt really say something smart as I never had Gyan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK thanks for the replies - think I'll give it a go. Will post back with my thoughts icon14.gif

Archived