Liverpool in Administration

Ok how did Liverpool go into administration in this game? I have not spent over my transfer budget and i have even sold players. Also as they have new owners there is no debt yet after 1 league game im placed into admin and docked 9 points. Suffice to say I quit the game there and then as I did not expect this to happen

Ok how did Liverpool go into administration in this game? I have not spent over my transfer budget and i have even sold players. Also as they have new owners there is no debt yet after 1 league game im placed into admin and docked 9 points. Suffice to say I quit the game there and then as I did not expect this to happen

Getting rid of any 'evidence' of this ever happening in the process?

Okay.

Does the trick of offering huge money for players over 48 months still work? I haven't tried it yet. This can have an effect over time.

Not done it myself, but I've read loads of posts with noobs bragging about buying 100m of talent over 48 months in the 1st transfer window, so it's still possible.

Presuming you know how to do a screenie click post reply and then on the paper clip find the files location and attach it to a post or if that fails upload via photobucket or another image sharing website and copy the into the post!

Or, preferably, post a link to the screenshot hosted on the website instead.

Even if you had the debt wiped there are reasons why you could have gotten a club into administration (but takes longer):

1) Keeping within your budgets does not guarantee financial stability, boards are often stupid and short-termist this way, leading to

2) If you do not achieve success every year (i.e. CL qualification, later round participation) then you will start losing big with Liverpool level outgoings.

3) There are outside costs which could hurt the club, e.g. stadium loans especially if the numbers start going down below a level where you can't finance them properly.

4) The board suddenly decide to stop financing the club thus leaving you without a portion of your income (ok this is more likely with a sugar daddy).

Even if you had the debt wiped there are reasons why you could have gotten a club into administration (but takes longer):

1) Keeping within your budgets does not guarantee financial stability, boards are often stupid and short-termist this way, leading to

2) If you do not achieve success every year (i.e. CL qualification, later round participation) then you will start losing big with Liverpool level outgoings.

3) There are outside costs which could hurt the club, e.g. stadium loans especially if the numbers start going down below a level where you can't finance them properly.

4) The board suddenly decide to stop financing the club thus leaving you without a portion of your income (ok this is more likely with a sugar daddy).

Slightly concerned about this as in my Liverpool game i got to around 45 million in debt towards the end of the season. Thankfully i was doing well in all competitions so managed to make up the money. My Henry also loaned me 20 million to help cover the costs. But if i wasn't doing well and had a poor season then surely the club would enter administration?

Clubs only enter administration when the debt really mounts up to levels they can't pay back. A lot of lower premier league teams can be operating at a loss for years or in the red for the main part of the year until the end of season money and sponsorship, season ticket revenue etc comes in.

Slightly concerned about this as in my Liverpool game i got to around 45 million in debt towards the end of the season. Thankfully i was doing well in all competitions so managed to make up the money. My Henry also loaned me 20 million to help cover the costs. But if i wasn't doing well and had a poor season then surely the club would enter administration?

There are some big earners at Liverpool and they aren't particularly good players, so the first thing I do in my Liverpool save is get rid of them and this helps a lot. There are much better players out there that are available for much lower wages and prices. Don't be afraid to loan them out at a low buy out clause as long as they are paying for most of the wages, and don't be afraid to sell players over 48 months as this can actually be very helpful.

Don't sign players over 48 months in your first season unless you can sell a few players over 48 months as these cancel each other out if done correctly, but generally I would wait until the second season to do this as I'm usually back in the champions league.

Hope this helps a bit.

Archived