Transfer bug... fix in December?

You'll need to provide more detail.

Let's not get into the pointless debate of whether or not there is a problem with the transfer system. SI themselves are aware there is a problem so no need to defend them, I simply want to know when I will be able to start playing the game again :)

Let's not get into the pointless debate of whether or not there is a problem with the transfer system. SI themselves are aware there is a problem so no need to defend them, I simply want to know when I will be able to start playing the game again :)

Considering

1. You say the game is unplayable because of this

2. The patching strategy as set forth by SI

the answer is:

around christmas

after the next patches! 11.2 or 11.3

I really don't want to start another debate about whether or not it is broken etc either. I was just wondering if anyone was privvy to when it would be fixed? I check this forum every day at the moment hoping to see a new patch, but I'm starting to wonder if I should just check back next month instead?

Guys do we really need another thread about transfers really do we !!! im sure Si will do there best to sort it with 11.2 and 11.3

as ive posted elsewhere im into my 3rd season and not seen half of problems mentioned

And that's great that you're not having the same problem, but countless others are and no amount of telling them "there isn't a problem" is going to convince them otherwise :)

I really don't want to start another debate about whether or not it is broken etc either. I was just wondering if anyone was privvy to when it would be fixed? I check this forum every day at the moment hoping to see a new patch, but I'm starting to wonder if I should just check back next month instead?

and you've already been given an answer, no one is trying to start another one of these discussions its been discussed to death.

And that's great that you're not having the same problem, but countless others are and no amount of telling them "there isn't a problem" is going to convince them otherwise :)

Im not saying theres is't a problem mate i know there is but people starting needless threads up everyday is't going to fix it pal

yes check back next month. when you consider it took a week for the hotfix, and the consider how much more complex transfers are, well as the other things they said they will take a look at, its going to take some time. i.e 11.2 december patch

What's wrong with those pictures? The fact that they want to move or the fact that the asking price is too low? I admit the fact that someone such as Messi would want to leave is strange but it's not unlikely. I don't see that this really makes the game unplayable either. Guess I'm just not as fussy as some.

This is the first time anyone has attempted to explain the transfer bug in all the countless threads that I have seen it mentioned. And I'm unconvinced it's as bad as people are making out now that I know.

That said, it'll be patch 2 at the end of Christmas. I don't think it can be classed as a game breaker so I would have thought that, unless SI are feeling generous and willing to hotfix, then it will be worked on for the scheduled patch.

yes check back next month. when you consider it took a week for the hotfix, and the consider how much more complex transfers are, well as the other things they said they will take a look at, its going to take some time. i.e 11.2 december patch

Ok thanks :)

What's wrong with those pictures? The fact that they want to move or the fact that the asking price is too low? I admit the fact that someone such as Messi would want to leave is strange but it's not unlikely. I don't see that this really makes the game unplayable either. Guess I'm just not as fussy as some.

This is the first time anyone has attempted to explain the transfer bug in all the countless threads that I have seen it mentioned. And I'm unconvinced it's as bad as people are making out now that I know.

That said, it'll be patch 2 at the end of Christmas. I don't think it can be classed as a game breaker so I would have thought that, unless SI are feeling generous and willing to hotfix, then it will be worked on for the scheduled patch.

It all boils down to what you personally find realistic and what this means for your save.

personally I consider my save as 'my' fantasy world and everthing that happens as fantasy. It should have the illusion of being realistic, but I don't want it to be so realistic it becomes boring and predictable.

About this transfer problem: personally have not seen it and if I would see it occasionally, I wouldn't be bothered.

Stranger things happen.

However, SI are reviewing this for the people that find this 'game-breaking'

It all boils down to what you personally find realistic and what this means for your save.

personally I consider my save as 'my' fantasy world and everthing that happens as fantasy. It should have the illusion of being realistic, but I don't want it to be so realistic it becomes boring and predictable.

About this transfer problem: personally have not seen it and if I would see it occasionally, I wouldn't be bothered.

Stranger things happen.

Agreed. I think it only really affects your save if you are managing the big teams. If I was a lower league manager I'm sure I wouldn't even have noticed. For those saying they haven't seen it, or haven't seen it accurately described, I would say it is:

1) Players at AI controlled clubs are becoming unhappy very easily, so much so that I feel I only have to wait a short while before someone on my shortlist will be transfer-listed by request.

2) Even when this unhappy player gets a transfer, they are usually unhappy again within a season, and once again on the transfer list.

3) Whilst they are transfer-listed, it seems no AI team is interested in buying them for the first 6 months at least. This is despite these being the best players in the world, often available between 50% and 100% of their market value. In my save Tevez was transfer-listed by request with a market value of £21 million. Even when Man City offered him out at £12 million no team was interested other than myself.

4) This also affects human controlled teams. I have had players having to see out a contract in my reserves because no club is willing to take them, even on a free. The latest 2 examples before I stopped playing were Joe Cole and Jermaine Jenas. You could say no-one wants to pay their wages, but Jenas was on £30,000 per week. I'm sure in the world of FM, there would be a club out there willing to take him on a free!

5) AI controlled clubs are also making some strange purchases in the transfer market. No-one is interested in Tevez for £12 million, but Tottenham immediately snapped up Jesper Gronkjaer on the cheap, while Man Utd bought Christian Benitez for £2 million. Chelsea and Madrid also appear to only be interested in 30+ players available for less than £3 million on my save. One good thing is that the AI is signing more youngsters than in previous games, which would obviously add to the longevity of a save. It would just be nice if they had an interest in making an immediate improvement to their squads, not replacing world-beaters with has-beens or youth prospects only.

The overall effect of this is that the game becomes too easy. I only got 2 seasons in and I had already turned Liverpool into world beaters on a small budget. I don't even need to develop youngsters, because I know that I will be able to go out and buy the best players in the world for a fraction of my budget. Even if you choose not to play along, and don't buy these players for paltry amounts, other teams are still going backwards by having players like Ronaldo and Messi rotting in their reserves, and playing Dennis Rommedahl instead.

I'm really not trying to beat up on SI, FM and CM has been my favourite game over the years. I simply wanted to know when I could go back to enjoying the game :)

Stranger things happen.

Yeah I've had a look in the bugs forum and I've seen the responses from SI. I'm more sympathetic but I still don't believe this makes the game unplayable, un-fun perhaps, but there's a distinction between the two. I just find the way numerous people act and get abusive to be saddening. There are games in a far worse state than FM.

People need to go and play at the lower levels, learn what real management is about and avoid these so-called game-breaking issues. I think I'm at an advantage not playing as the mega-clubs. Plus, in the real world transfers and wages are too big anyway.

SI are a good bunch and they'll do what needs to be done to resolve this. If they rush they can make things even worse too.

I play lower leagues, I am not directly affected by this (in fact, I haven't even seen much evidence of this happening at the higher levels). But I too think it is potentially game breaking. Not everyone wants to manage the Blyth Spartans. In fact, I'd guess that %90 of the people who play FM take over top league teams when they start. To have the transfer market so badly broken is really damaging. I do think this is the case where it needs to be patched as soon as they have a fix, not bundled with a larger patch in a month.

It's fine if one or two of these unusual deals happen, but for them all to happen is really bad. And as others observed, there seems to be an AI bug issue in general, because the posters of this issue have described how the top clubs don't buy players in their prime, even at low cost. Even in a less robust financial climate its really unlikely that Messi would not immediately be snapped up for 30M.

Guys do we really need another thread about transfers really do we !!! im sure Si will do there best to sort it with 11.2 and 11.3

as ive posted elsewhere im into my 3rd season and not seen half of problems mentioned

By the end of your 5th/6th season you simply cannot miss it anymore.

Many good and even some world class players are in the free transfer list and most have not one team interested in them.

Not one player is sold above his value in the entire 6 seasons and french league 1 teams have 50+ players in the first team squad (if you have the french league set as playable).

The unhappiness levels btw are way out of line, unfortunately clubs cannot hire a psychiatric to their staff, I'm sure he will not get bored by this depressed bunch.

Many good and even some world class players are in the free transfer list and most have not one team interested in them.

Not one player is sold above his value in the entire 6 seasons and french league 1 teams have 50+ players in the first team squad (if you have the french league set as playable).

The unhappiness levels btw are way out of line, unfortunately clubs cannot hire a psychiatric to their staff, I'm sure he will not get bored by this depressed bunch.

Define 'many' and 'some'

Are we talking 0-20 or 20-50 or 100+ ? And please could you also say which leagues you have loaded.

Just want to see how widespread this is in and around 2017

Thanks (or 'dankuwel' or 'merci' by the looks of your username ;))

Well ive not got that far lol so cant comment :) but as i keep nothing we can do till 11.2 or 11.3 besides update bugs forum

Define 'many' and 'some'

Are we talking 0-20 or 20-50 or 100+ ? And please could you also say which leagues you have loaded.

Just want to see how widespread this is in and around 2017

Thanks (or 'dankuwel' or 'merci' by the looks of your username ;))

About 50+ good players and world class players that have not one team interested in them and I really mean players who would be at least rotation/first team in the EPL.

I first started to notice it after my first season when I played a friendly against Man City and I didn't see Vincent Kompany in the squad, he was placed on the transfer list and put into the reserves by Man City.

As I'm managing Anderlecht I was looking into loaning him but they refused, to my surprise not one team was interested in buying him.

Later 2-3 seasons he was released on a free still nobody interested and he didn't play 1 match anymore for City.

Normally I don't pay much attention to what AI teams do as I have enough work with trying to keep my own players happy but I started to notice some very good players on the free list that previously where filtered out as unrealistic but now that my team has gained reputation they became interested.

I unticked the filter out unrealistic transfers and I was really surprised to see so many good players like Robinho, Adebayor, Garay, Gago etc.

You're welcome! Alsjeblief. :)

About 50+ good players and world class players that have not one team interested in them and I really mean players who would be at least rotation/first team in the EPL.

I first started to notice it after my first season when I played a friendly against Man City and I didn't see Vincent Kompany in the squad, he was placed on the transfer list and put into the reserves by Man City.

As I'm managing Anderlecht I was looking into loaning him but they refused, to my surprise not one team was interested in buying him.

Later 2-3 seasons he was released on a free still nobody interested and he didn't play 1 match anymore for City.

Normally I don't pay much attention to what AI teams do as I have enough work with trying to keep my own players happy but I started to notice some very good players on the free list that previously where filtered out as unrealistic but now that my team has gained reputation they became interested.

I unticked the filter out unrealistic transfers and I was really surprised to see so many good players like Robinho, Adebayor, Garay, Gago etc.

You're welcome! Alsjeblief. :)

Dank U!

Well, Kompany is one the most overrated RSCA players in Belgian history :)

Just kidding off course.

Well, haven't seen this in my save yet (and I have been looking) but SI have this in their sights, so let's hope this gets a fix.

Good luck against GBA by the way :thup:

I wish I was playing some of your lots saves, I'd pick up some bargains then ;) I haven't seen anything like this on my save, the only ones have been Kompany and Ballotelli (now in 3rd season), and I would expect Citys players to be unsettled to be honest.

I wish I was playing some of your lots saves, I'd pick up some bargains then ;) I haven't seen anything like this on my save, the only ones have been Kompany and Ballotelli (now in 3rd season), and I would expect Citys players to be unsettled to be honest.

I did pick up a few already, although their wage is pretty steep for me, I try to keep my squad as small as possible to make up for it.

In my last 2 seasons I simply adjusted my transfer money in wage money.

Well, Kompany is one the most overrated RSCA players in Belgian history :)

Just kidding off course.

Nah, that trophy goes to VD Borre! ;)

Yeah I've had a look in the bugs forum and I've seen the responses from SI. I'm more sympathetic but I still don't believe this makes the game unplayable, un-fun perhaps, but there's a distinction between the two. I just find the way numerous people act and get abusive to be saddening. There are games in a far worse state than FM.

People need to go and play at the lower levels, learn what real management is about and avoid these so-called game-breaking issues. I think I'm at an advantage not playing as the mega-clubs. Plus, in the real world transfers and wages are too big anyway.

SI are a good bunch and they'll do what needs to be done to resolve this. If they rush they can make things even worse too.

I'm not sure about the distinction between "un-fun" and "unplayable". It's a game, it's supposed to fun, if it isn't there's no point in wasting time on it. I also don't think that the altitude of just pretending to not see obvious bugs and just patting SI guys on the back is a constructive one. That's downright non-pedagogical, it makes them think everything is okay and they could get away with similar stuff year after year.

Also, there's not really a way to "avoid" these bugs. At most, you can take no advantage of it. However, the immersion, the illusion of a real football world, it's already gone, no matter what kind of team you're playing.

That's why I'm one of these who shelved the game and are waiting for patch.

I'm not sure about the distinction between "un-fun" and "unplayable". It's a game, it's supposed to fun, if it isn't there's no point in wasting time on it. I also don't think that the altitude of just pretending to not see obvious bugs and just patting SI guys on the back is a constructive one. That's downright non-pedagogical, it makes them think everything is okay and they could get away with similar stuff year after year.

Also, there's not really a way to "avoid" these bugs. At most, you can take no advantage of it. However, the immersion, the illusion of a real football world, it's already gone, no matter what kind of team you're playing.

That's why I'm one of these who shelved the game and are waiting for patch.

You're forgetting one very important thing here:

This is all personal; I might still find this fun (and playable) and you might think otherwise.

For me the illusion is still there. I'm still having a blast knowing that some players might get transfered in a dodgy way.

If you want to shelf your game; fine by me.

But that's doesn't make the game unplayable for everyone.

Agreed. I think it only really affects your save if you are managing the big teams. If I was a lower league manager I'm sure I wouldn't even have noticed. For those saying they haven't seen it, or haven't seen it accurately described, I would say it is:

1) Players at AI controlled clubs are becoming unhappy very easily, so much so that I feel I only have to wait a short while before someone on my shortlist will be transfer-listed by request.

2) Even when this unhappy player gets a transfer, they are usually unhappy again within a season, and once again on the transfer list.

3) Whilst they are transfer-listed, it seems no AI team is interested in buying them for the first 6 months at least. This is despite these being the best players in the world, often available between 50% and 100% of their market value. In my save Tevez was transfer-listed by request with a market value of £21 million. Even when Man City offered him out at £12 million no team was interested other than myself.

4) This also affects human controlled teams. I have had players having to see out a contract in my reserves because no club is willing to take them, even on a free. The latest 2 examples before I stopped playing were Joe Cole and Jermaine Jenas. You could say no-one wants to pay their wages, but Jenas was on £30,000 per week. I'm sure in the world of FM, there would be a club out there willing to take him on a free!

5) AI controlled clubs are also making some strange purchases in the transfer market. No-one is interested in Tevez for £12 million, but Tottenham immediately snapped up Jesper Gronkjaer on the cheap, while Man Utd bought Christian Benitez for £2 million. Chelsea and Madrid also appear to only be interested in 30+ players available for less than £3 million on my save. One good thing is that the AI is signing more youngsters than in previous games, which would obviously add to the longevity of a save. It would just be nice if they had an interest in making an immediate improvement to their squads, not replacing world-beaters with has-beens or youth prospects only.

The overall effect of this is that the game becomes too easy. I only got 2 seasons in and I had already turned Liverpool into world beaters on a small budget. I don't even need to develop youngsters, because I know that I will be able to go out and buy the best players in the world for a fraction of my budget. Even if you choose not to play along, and don't buy these players for paltry amounts, other teams are still going backwards by having players like Ronaldo and Messi rotting in their reserves, and playing Dennis Rommedahl instead.

I'm really not trying to beat up on SI, FM and CM has been my favourite game over the years. I simply wanted to know when I could go back to enjoying the game :)

All this.

Especially number 4. I can offer all sorts of players for £0 and no AI team ever bids. It's ridiculous really. It's unplayable for me at the moment.

Just what are you saying??

1)Because other games are bad, it's OK for FM to be a little less bad?

2)Managing big clubs isnt real management?

3)Because the economics of top-flight football are out of control, its OK to have a broken transfer market?

We have already had countless threads about this.

SI have said in a number of threads that:

a They are aware of the issue

b. They are looking at a fix, once they identify what is causing the issue.

Once a fix is found it will need extensive testing to ensure that there are no other knock on issues, so they will not give a time scale for the fix until they are sure. It may be frustrationg for some, but you will have to be patient till they get a handle on it.

Archived