Reserve/Youth League Invites

We see these invites between each season and I've always accepted them.

Why wouldn't you submit your Ressies and Youth to compete in matches thoughout the season? Surely the pros far outweigh the cons in this situation.

Am I missing something? This annual question seems a bit of a no brainer to me.

We see these invites between each season and I've always accepted them.

Why wouldn't you submit your Ressies and Youth to compete in matches thoughout the season? Surely the pros far outweigh the cons in this situation.

Am I missing something? This annual question seems a bit of a no brainer to me.

Without knowing for sure, i think it costs you some money transporting your reserves and youth squads around, and if you have no money and no real youth/reserves to speak of, then it might not be a good idea ..

I am in the lower leagues, which makes it even more important to develop your existing young talent. I would have thought that match practice would be an essential part of maximising that development.

I admit to probably underestimating the cost of these. It would help if these expenditures were listed as youth/reserve costs in your finances.

I am in the lower leagues, which makes it even more important to develop your existing young talent.

That's interesting because I take the exact opposite approach. As a llama, I start out each career with the absolute lowest of the low. These teams can't afford anything decent: regular training facilities, youth facilities, youth coaches, nothing. We even schedule all reserve friendlies on the road because each home game loses money. We can barely afford a regular roster with sufficient reserves so hiring even a few relatively cheap kids is a strain. The only way we can survive is to concentrate all available money on bringing in a few quality free transfers each year and selingl off a couple of guys in their prime (and thus at max value). Hey, you kids there, get off my lawn.

Archived