how does the touted to be the next... work?

ive played fm for the last few years and liked the way youngsters from the under21's and under19's national teams often get touted as an ex or current pro all im wondering is how it actually works because alot of the youngsters look quite average half the time is there a preset attribute that if a certain youngster meets he then is touted as a certain person for instance a english foward with 16 pace would be the next michael owen? :)

IIRC it's done by nationality and by height (Short, Average, or Tall). Not much else goes into it.

This is how it worked in FM10, not sure if they have made any changes for 11. It is/was purely cosmetic, it would be nice for it to mean more but hardly essential.

I loved it when the feature first came out. I had a young regen with "Dubbed the next Gary Lineker" and couldn't believe my luck, thinking I had the best young striker of his generation in my under 18s.

Unfortunately he turned out to be a very average Championship player. Only thing I could think was whether they'd spotted his media presenting potential?

Hey, Djibril Cisse had his heyday! lol

One of the best strikers at one point (granted it was for about 5 seconds) It will do me for a season or so, especially if I can ramp up his transfer value.

I was West Brom in my last game on FM2010, Man U bought Sanogo and he was the bane of my life on it! So i thought I would give him a try on this. 11 goals in 7 apps (not too shabby for an up and coming 17 year old)

I was just hoping for him to turn inot a world beater I suppose like he was on my save in FM2010.

Archived