Result button?

I'm sorry to say that, but over the 15 years I'm tired of watcing matches again and again(maybe age has something to with it?). But I'm loving the game, so only solution to me to keep playing and enyonig it is skiping matches and just seeing results (good old SWOSECE times). Right now only possibility is go to holyday for one day at the beggining of every match. I'm afraid that it may mess thing up, like media and training so would't it be easier if we had just a result button or something similar?

Cheers

No it wouldn't be easier, because a large part of being a manager is making changes during a match and a result button wouldn't allow this.

You could just select 'only commentary' and put it on full speed if you want to rush through games.

I'm sorry to say that, but over the 15 years I'm tired of watcing matches again and again(maybe age has something to with it?). But I'm loving the game, so only solution to me to keep playing and enyonig it is skiping matches and just seeing results (good old SWOSECE times). Right now only possibility is go to holyday for one day at the beggining of every match. I'm afraid that it may mess thing up, like media and training so would't it be easier if we had just a result button or something similar?

Cheers

I read this and checked your profile expecting to see some 50+ veteran. You are 27 dude! If your age means that you can't be bothered watching matches then thats a comment on society today and its need for instant gratification.

No result button for me thanks. Playing the matches is what its all about.

Holiday mode is your result button, you'll have to take the pro's with the con's.

I dont think not wanting to watch a football match on a computer game demonstrates anything about society to be honest !!!

I read this and checked your profile expecting to see some 50+ veteran. You are 27 dude! If your age means that you can't be bothered watching matches then thats a comment on society today and its need for instant gratification.

No result button for me thanks. Playing the matches is what its all about.

Holiday mode is your result button, you'll have to take the pro's with the con's.

If you want your assistant manager to take control then you can holiday. I don't see how it will affect training. It means he will probably take a press conference if it's on the same day, but I don't understand why you are worried about him messing these up when you are okay with him messing up your on-pitch performances, these are much more important!

Well, it's not like it would ruin your game or enjoyment. It would just be alternative for those who would like to progress quicker and still enjoy the game. But if people are against it and assman does the job and doesn't mess nothing up(except maybe result) then let it be.

I don't think there's anything wrong with this request. I play out every game, but some people maybe just want to play fantasy football, not fantasy in-game manager.

In fact I didn't realize the option was no longer in the game. Seems like a simple enough option 'allow my Assistant Manager to take control of all matches'.

Sometimes I am 4-0 up or 4-0 down and I am well into the second half and I just want to end the game. A result button may not be a bad feature

How about a button that, for the rest of the game, changes the speed to maximum with commentary only and no replays? Then at the end of the game the match control settings go back to how they were for the next match.

I don't like penalty shootouts, so I would use such a button whenever I have to suffer that ordeal.

I don't like penalty shootouts, so I would use such a button whenever I have to suffer that ordeal.

Same here. Shootout=Full speed, commentary only, no replays, go and make a coffee, come back and squint at the screen trying to make out the score but trying not to look at the same time. :D

How about a button that removes all the players from the pitch while you're watching the match? It would have the benefit of not showing you how they run back and forth and you wouldn't have to tire your "old" wary eyes trying to see where the ball is.

It would also have the added benefit of having the commentary completely silent, you wouldn't have to bust your brain trying to read short sentences.

No need to worry about substitutes, player form, injuries, weather condition, yellow/red cards or everything in between - the players are in the local pub, not on the pitch! I think this is something SI really should consider for FM12, it would make life much easier for me as a manager and my players would constantly be happy (unless the beer at the pub wasn't to their liking) and boozed up.

Isn't there something in team settings where you can let your assistant manager take charge of your first team? Or is that just for reserves and U18?

If not, there probably should be - I mean, I would never consider it myself, but clearly some would rather have the assistant manager play their game for them :p

The match is surely the most important part of being a manager, it's like buying a Big Mac meal and throwing the burger in the bin and just eating the fries.

The OP clearly doesn't like burgers though...

I can see where "instant result" might be handy, mind... Maybe equivalent to holidaying the match.

No need to worry about substitutes, player form, injuries, weather condition, yellow/red cards or everything in between - the players are in the local pub, not on the pitch! I think this is something SI really should consider for FM12, it would make life much easier for me as a manager and my players would constantly be happy (unless the beer at the pub wasn't to their liking) and boozed up.

It's already in the game.

absentt.jpg

I just went on holiday for 1 day for the Liverpool vs West Ham match in season 3. I had 4 of my bench players on International call-ups, coulndt be bothered changing my bench players and then changing them back after the game, I won 5-0 at home by letting my assistant take control of match day with his own tactic and lineup

I can see where the OP is coming from. Look, I started playing this game 6 years ago. I played through college and through my first two years in the workforce. However, I will be starting law school next year and it will be difficult to find the time to play. This is strange but since 3d was first implemented I have NEVER watched a 3d game for more than the first 5 mins. I did that in FM 09 and I have just stuck to my commentary ever since. I have not even tried 3d in 2011 (did not play 2010). I guess that is the way to go if you want things to move faster.

I know where you're coming from. I've been playing since forever, about the similar time as you.

Would like to progress faster - an "assistant takes control of matches" button would be a life saver. But, I'm sure the newbies will tell us differently...

I know where you're coming from. I've been playing since forever, about the similar time as you.

Would like to progress faster - an "assistant takes control of matches" button would be a life saver. But, I'm sure the newbies will tell us differently...

And some of the oldies will too...........

I can remember this in LMA manager a good few years ago. As people have said the match day is where the best managers come to the fore and earn their corn. Unlike some games FM takes a lot of time and care to try and get the desired results - and to a certain extent the match day is where we see all our hard work paying off!!! You can never beat the flashing bar with the word GOAL!!!

If the OP would like it then fair enough - but I would imagine very few people would like this to be implemented in the near future.

Hm. Maybe a button that says "touchline ban me forever" would be nice....

Hey, I'll ask the FMRTE guy if he can implement a touchline ban edit :D

I've had saves where I'm sure the FA have wanted to ban me from the touchline forever. Always slating refs.

I love how unbelievably sarcastic some of the people in this thread are. Assuming a "skip match" button was implemented, how would it affect the people who wouldn't use it exactly? It would not affect you at all, but there may be thousands of people who would love such a feature, or it may even attract people who play the demo to get the full game. I'm not saying it would, just that it might.

And it's just an easier way of holidaying so its not like the code isn't already in place to facilitate it.

It's staggering how simple suggestions like this get people who wouldn't use it so riled up just because someone else wants to play a game differently than them.

I love how unbelievably sarcastic some of the people in this thread are. Assuming a "skip match" button was implemented, how would it affect the people who wouldn't use it exactly? It would not affect you at all, but there may be thousands of people who would love such a feature, or it may even attract people who play the demo to get the full game. I'm not saying it would, just that it might.

And it's just an easier way of holidaying so its not like the code isn't already in place to facilitate it.

It's staggering how simple suggestions like this get people who wouldn't use it so riled up just because someone else wants to play a game differently than them.

Well said :)

There is nothing bad about having a result button. If you don't like it don't use it, but let others play it the way they want.

You can go on holiday for the match day as it is, so it really will be just an UI enhancement, something that FM needs.

I'd love this button.

I would still manage all important games, but after 14 seasons and having a killer team, there is little point in me managing all the league games, as most of them could probably be managed by my dog, and the team would win. The time spent watching me hammer defenceless little squads could be spent on scouting for new players every summer. :)

• 1 month later...

I've been playing the game in all it's guises for 15 years and the last thing I want is a 'skip match' or 'result' button...

the 'win' button sounds interesting though, might be useful during squeaky bum time at the end of the season or versus those massive clubs when I'm in the lower leagues...

yeah baby! Manchester United 0 Eastleigh 3 in front of 75000 screaming southerners.. erm, mancunians* *ahem* :o

They might as well implement this feature. I'd never use it because it kinda deafeats the object of me playing it, but why not? If people want to do that, let them. It would be really good for friendlies too. Cos I could pick the team and everything. But then not bothering watching.

I know you can get the As.Man to do friendlies but he always puts loads of players in I dont want playing.

They might as well implement this feature. I'd never use it because it kinda deafeats the object of me playing it, but why not? If people want to do that, let them. It would be really good for friendlies too. Cos I could pick the team and everything. But then not bothering watching.

I know you can get the As.Man to do friendlies but he always puts loads of players in I dont want playing.

why are you still playing this game ? I thought you were so angry cos your 1st team was dominating all te time but hardly winning ? I thought you rage quitted the game a short while back ?

Why do you bother playing the game when such a large part of being a manager is playing and attempting to win football matches? I genuinely do not see a point in playing FM if you aren't going to play matches at all. Complaining about having to make tactical changes and subs seems ridiculous - that is the day to day job for a manager.

Archived