Turn off press conference

Press conferences are boring and always you jsut pick the most postive statements for the best effect.

Not true; a lot of players will do better if you criticise them.

Also, I have exeperienced that you basically can have 2 kind of teams: the ones that need to be pressurised; "we must win, we can win, we will win" and teams that need to be "unpressurised' (we don't have to win, we can't win, we will not win).

Ok, but if I played 10 games in one hour 20 press conferences is pain in the ass. LEt's say that I have 5 questions per conference and that is 100 answers in one hour of FM playing.

Firstly how do you play 10 games in 1 hour?

Secondly, its tough, they are part of a managers job, they aren't going anywhere.

But then standing in the cold watching hour after hour of training is also part of a managers job but to include it in the game would be mental. In addition there are aspects of the game (particularly regarding transfers) where we, as managers, have more control than a real manager does because it makes a more enjoyable game.

Personally, I wouldn't want to get rid of them but would like more control over their frequency. I don't get a press conference before and after every match so clearly there is already an algorithm which decides this so why not allow this to be user controlled?

For me personally, to have a PC for major events such as derby matches, major events, shock results, big signings and maybe the latter stages of cups would make them less of a chore and would add to the sense of occasion for big games.

But then standing in the cold watching hour after hour of training is also part of a managers job but to include it in the game would be mental. In addition there are aspects of the game (particularly regarding transfers) where we, as managers, have more control than a real manager does because it makes a more enjoyable game.

Personally, I wouldn't want to get rid of them but would like more control over their frequency. I don't get a press conference before and after every match so clearly there is already an algorithm which decides this so why not allow this to be user controlled?

For me personally, to have a PC for major events such as derby matches, major events, shock results, big signings and maybe the latter stages of cups would make them less of a chore and would add to the sense of occasion for big games.

I couldn't agree more!

Total agreement on that! That's the follow-up SI should take on PC's!

Its a major feature of the game allowing you to impact the morale of your players, Players with high morale play better and your results will improve

Annoying to you it may be, however using iy to your advantage will increase your success in FM2011. I'd not trust m Ass Man no matter how good his stats are

My main issue is that it's not fun at all, and with players whining in this version it makes press conferences one big minefield. If Fergie says something wrong in a press conference a player might get upset but Fergie will apologise and clarify his remarks. You get the feeling that in this version if you say something wrong, you'll have your whole team handing in transfer requests.

It's quite bad that often the safest option is to send your assistant and ignore them.

For example, my preference would be to send my assistant and tell him to say "No comment" to every single question, because it's impossible to tell which is the right answer, and more importantly, impossible to tell which is wrong.

Maybe we could have a feature "Meet the press" which we can call, and the questions will be specific to when you call it. For example, you can bet the press are less interested in a mid-table dour 0-0 draw, but will be teeming to interview managers in a Cup upset. The press will be always interested in a manager under pressure, too. So if you are underperforming, you might get a message from your assistant saying lots of reporters are outside the club gates waiting for an interview - so it adds to the pressure, but you have the option to go down and say something. On the other hand, if all is well, you could call down the press but you might just get one eager intern working for a newspaper because the press has nothing of interest to report. Maybe you could call a press conference like Rafa did with his "Fahct" concert.

The main theme in this post is that we should be able to call one whenever we want, rather than the press calling us. There will be requests from the press (perhaps merged with another email rather than a separate one - for example, a button "Attend press conference" in the result email, rather than a separate one), blurring the distinction between press interaction and event - defaulting to assistant attending.

In addition, we should be able to bring players along - for example, the man-of-the-match usually shows up, and sometimes the captain does. Sometimes, a young debutant is accompanied by an older player for guidance, or you will have someone acting as a translator (i.e. Eboué and Korean).

Archived