work permits for blue square clubs

I'm trying to manage Droylsden, a small club in blue square north. There are tons of free American players with much better stats than my players, but none of them can seem to get work permits. Is it tough to get work permits in general for players of this caliber? Should I search in england only?

Work permits will not be granted unless the player has played in 75% of the A grade international games in the previous year or unless they are of such great talent that they will increase the quality of the country's league. So your Blue square side probably won't be able to get any through that method, my suggestion is to try to sign Americans with dual nationalities, the other one being a EU nation

It's pretty much impossible. The point of a work permit is the person can do a job a British citizen can't. also, why would someone emigrate from America to earn a part-time wage?

I'm also managing in the BSN and have a few foreigners. all have dual-British nationality and came to me from nearby clubs, and the one Slovenian came from Hinckley.

He didn't say he was looking to cheat, though.

Dezso, that's where i'm getting most of my players. My squad is mostly teenagers.

Thats not cheating. Its simply a matter of petty legality. Why should it be not cheating to sign a Polish player but be cheating to sign a Uruguayan? And why is signing a bunch of youngsters who would likely never sign for lower league clubs not cheating?

And why is signing a bunch of youngsters who would likely never sign for lower league clubs not cheating?

Cant agree that its cheating, but cant argue its not far fetched either. But its built in the game. Even my staff recomends them.

So even if I where to follow strict LLM rules; am I to reject staff recomendations?

would like to see tweaking from SI on this part rather. I find it too easy to attract them... But cheating? no...

Thats not cheating. Its simply a matter of petty legality. Why should it be not cheating to sign a Polish player but be cheating to sign a Uruguayan? And why is signing a bunch of youngsters who would likely never sign for lower league clubs not cheating?

Changing the game to give yourself an advantage is cheating. Look up a dictionary some time.

Cant agree that its cheating, but cant argue its not far fetched either. But its built in the game. Even my staff recomends them.

So even if I where to follow strict LLM rules; am I to reject staff recomendations?

would like to see tweaking from SI on this part rather. I find it too easy to attract them... But cheating? no...

SI aim to put out the game with the rules reflecting real life as much as they can make them. If one of the Collyers suddenly said "you know what the rules are stupid, lets make English LLM easier by getting rid of the Work Permit" I suspect there would be a whole lot of anger here (and not the 20-50 we always have trying to shout down the game, real anger) from the majority of the forum members, along the lines of "why should we change the game fundamentally in style for a small few users who want an unrealistic representation of LLM".

That method would be cheating as you are editing the football's laws and rules.

Rules that can and do change almost yearly; and, in this case, are driven by political events. If a change is available to both the user and the AI then I dont consider it cheating.

I never argues FOR getting rid of the work permit. pay attention ^^ (I have no non-British on my team)

And i was somewhat unclear with my last post. I dont want SI to change the settings, but rather implement the OPTION to tick a "play LLM rules" or something like that. :)

But hey... "cheating" FM is only cheating yourself. So empose whatever rules you want....

Changing the game to give yourself an advantage is cheating. Look up a dictionary some time.

I only sign players my scouts/staff recommend. I only an allowed to scout the UK and Ireland so I am not gaining any advantage. I prefer a free market. It works in all the other sports.

But hey... "cheating" FM is only cheating yourself. So empose whatever rules you want....

Cheating: You can do it; the AI cant

SI's rigid system of programming their game is a massive failure for long term games. If you still play FM 2007 you would be locked into the 5 sub rule and wouldnt be able to implement the 25 man homegrown rule.

Rules that can and do change almost yearly; and, in this case, are driven by political events. If a change is available to both the user and the AI then I dont consider it cheating.

The WP rule has been consistently applied for 10 years, and if any changes are going to happen under the current government they're only going to get more restrictive. Anyway future unknown events don't get you off the hook of cheating.

I only sign players my scouts/staff recommend. I only an allowed to scout the UK and Ireland so I am not gaining any advantage. I prefer a free market. It works in all the other sports.

Well then why did you advocate changing the rules, and also insinuating that you do the same thing yourself, if you only take scouted players?

The WP rule has been consistently applied for 10 years, and if any changes are going to happen under the current government they're only going to get more restrictive. Anyway future unknown events don't get you off the hook of cheating.

Its not cheating.

Well then why did you advocate changing the rules, and also insinuating that you do the same thing yourself, if you only take scouted players?

Because it makes my larger universe more dynamic; it appeals to my belief that players should be allowed to play wherever they choose; it applies the same rules to every nation; it makes the game more fun.

Its not cheating.

Because it makes my larger universe more dynamic; it appeals to my belief that players should be allowed to play wherever they choose; it applies the same rules to every nation; it makes the game more fun.

It's cheating, you're creating an unfair disadvantage for your team. Everything else is just a justification of an untenable position. Get over yourself.

@Ben too right every thread I involve myself in becomes controversial. That's the way I roll baby:p

It's cheating, you're creating an unfair disadvantage for your team. Everything else is just a justification of an untenable position. Get over yourself.

@Ben too right every thread I involve myself in becomes controversial. That's the way I roll baby:p

Explain to me how I am giving myself an advantage? I only am allowed to scout the UK/Ireland and I only sign players recommended by my staff.

The real life system is exploited anyway. Its a broken, restrictive corrupt process that is exploited by the big clubs.

Archived