Young players accept contract with original club every time they are offered a deal!

1)There is a really young player at a really small club in another country.

2) A big team comes along and offers to buy.

3)Team accepts.

4) Young player accepts new deal with original team

Let's say 2-3 teams even fighting over player and it says multiple times that he has commited future to original team with a new deal.

This can't be right. Even if he wouldn't wan't to move at such a young age he should have just refused the contract. Instead it's like a got a new contract at original club (same exact contract) with no mention of the big team offer again.

I saw this in earlier version as well. Anyone know if this is a bug or just wrong news item?

From my experience in all versions sometimes it happens like that, sometimes it doesn't.

For some reason, I always seemed to have this for 15/16 year olds playing in the Irish leagues. I would offer them good terms to come to my EPL team, they would appear to be happy with those terms I offer, then I get a news item that the player has agreed terms with his Irish team and the transfer to my team is off.

Could this be due to the fact that they have accepted pre-deals (don't know what they are called ) with their club that will take effect at age 17 ?

If that has happened then you get the message that they have already signed for someone else. Like trying to sign someone who is already transfering. I had this issue as well and it was really annoying. People just told me that it was a mix of things like the player not wanting to leave home yet, not liking your club enough yadda yadda yadda. Though this was never said by an SI employee, always just forum users.

Archived