Are You Enjoying FM2011?

Page 1 of General Discussion is filled with people posting bugs (that's what the bugs forum is for) or general moaning at the moment. Understandable with a new release, but I'm finding it more and more difficult to find something positive and/or fun to read on FM11 right now.

I think it would be a good thing if people here who are enjoying the game at the moment posted their experiences so far, what they like about FM11, a bit like LLM's "I'll Tell You What's Keeping Me Going Right Now..." threads.

I'm especially hoping people who have gone 4 or 5 seasons into their save could spread some positivity around. :)

good so far with me

i have some data & league issues with the MLS league that really need to be sorted out in the next patch, but the last patch fixed a few of my major gripes with the player interaction, so i am pretty happy with the game in general at the moment, just unhappy with the MLS

I'm enjoying it so far, I never really played FM 2010 or FM 2009 that much as my old laptop was uber crappy and slow but I picked up a new one and got a deal on FM11 so I fired it up and am enjoying the 3D Match view, player interection and other little things that have been added since FM 2008.

I was actually concerned with the game maybe being too easy after Villla shot up to the top of the table as I entered December, well then I dropped one to WBA (20th in EPL) and another to West Ham, and my lads morale is dropping, and it appears that my guys cant find the back of the net to save their lives.

As usual, I love the game, and I too like the Private Chats...Not a huge fan of the agents yet, but I may after playing more...

Unfortunately not. The match engine freezes at least twice in each match, the commentary skips over important events such as booking and injuries, and the transfer system / player morale is seriously bugged.

I'm looking forward to the next patch because FM is a great game, it's just that the current version has too many faults for me to fully enjoy.

Not seen you around in an age Suzie. Hope you're alright.

I too am loving the pants of FM11 right now. I didn't think that it could top FM10, but clearly I was wrong. A lot of my FM11 love is probably to do with my new computer. It's the first time I've been able to watch in 3d as my laptop couldn't handle it.

I couldn't pick out one thing that I like, its all good.

I'm not enjoying it as much as I did when I got FM10. And I AM winning! Playing as Torquay I've been in the top 5 all season having a good run with 5 games to go. I just think that there is not a lot that is different to justify paying the money. I've bought every game since CM3. It's not the gamneplay, it's not the graphics. it's the ridiculous amount of bugs that are present. And I'm not talking about "the game is broke because I get red cards" or "It must be buggy because I can't win" (because I am). Constantly re-arranging the widgets, unable to upload videos to youtube, a lack of quality testing and general sloppy presentation. I eagerly awaited this release AND I played the demo and still I bought it. Sorry to say but this is the last FM I will be buying for a while till something 'new' gets added or SI can put out a decent bug free game upon first release. I don't write this to have the SI fanboys justify the game, it's my opinion of how I perceive the game to be, if you like it and the bugs don't bother you, so be it. SI seem to have picked the Microsoft business plan... let the consumers find the bugs.

As an earlier poster said it's working well on my old laptop too. While I'm enjoying the game, the transfer bug (if thats what it is, I know what SI said about the first season, but not been able to sell players beyond season 3 isn't right), has spoiled it for me, so Ive gone back to FM08 until hopefully it is fixed. In general though very enjoyable. Love the match preperation.

Loved FM10, love FM11 even more. I'm in 2017, first season in Serie A with Messina :D

Most of the bugs people are screaming and stamping their feet over don't seem to affect the lower leagues, so it's all been awesomely plain sailing so far :)

At this time of the year, the forums are populated mostly by those who have issues of some sort. Those who are playing and enjoying the game are too busy to post.

Personally I have never reached a point in any of the games where it has been unplayable- frustrating sometimes and with issues sometimes, but never at a stage where I wouldnt want to play.

It is always interesting to see the shortage of posters with high post counts after a launch- they start to reappaer on the forums after the 3rd patch and the dust settles.

Its great fun and I don't have any problem with any ascpect of the game.

Some fo the new features are great, the private chat with players works well as long as you don't do anything stupid and the same applies to the chat with the board room.

But I am really loving the subtle changes to the ME, especially the new animations with the player emotions. For example how the player gestures over a tackled opponent that he has fouled to say stop faking it and get up, the gesture to the ref that he got the ball not the player and it wasn't a foul, clapping the fans at the end of a good match, hands on heads at conceeding a goal, the new goal celebrations and so on.

The only minor issue I have with the animations is when the players score and wave their arms in the air. They look like gorilla arms, I'm surprised that their knuckles don't drag on the pitch when they put their arms down.

Half way through my first season with NUFC and I am enjoying all aspects of the game.

* ME seems to be better in all respects

* Press interaction a lot easier and more varied as well as generally shorter

* Agent Interaction can be frustrating but getting the hang of it and using there greed to get what I want

* Tactics harder in my opinion and you really do have to think through your game much more than the previous editions

* Match preparation a real bonus, I like the way you have to balance that against your training regime and individual training programmes

* Generally much more of an immersive game and captures even more of the feel of a football manager then previous iterations

For me there is not one "game-breaker" and very little too complain about re the totality of the game. That said, I still rant when my team do not perform as I expect and blame SI through to the AI if I think I lost against inferior opposition ;)

All in all I am delighted and I am sure will be more so when we get the further patches to sort out a few niggles.

K

Half way through my first season with NUFC and I am enjoying all aspects of the game.

* ME seems to be better in all respects

* Press interaction a lot easier and more varied as well as generally shorter

* Agent Interaction can be frustrating but getting the hang of it and using there greed to get what I want

* Tactics harder in my opinion and you really do have to think through your game much more than the previous editions

* Match preparation a real bonus, I like the way you have to balance that against your training regime and individual training programmes

* Generally much more of an immersive game and captures even more of the feel of a football manager then previous iterations

For me there is not one "game-breaker" and very little too complain about re the totality of the game. That said, I still rant when my team do not perform as I expect and blame SI through to the AI if I think I lost against inferior opposition ;)

All in all I am delighted and I am sure will be more so when we get the further patches to sort out a few niggles.

K

What he said. Happy now and will be even happier when its patched.

Hating it. I can't win in any league, which is unusual for me. I need a game where ONE tactic works, which it appears isnt possible in this game.

If you play if for the realism factor then ONE tactic always working is very unrealistic.

Love the game yet to experince any major problems esp. the transfer bug (although being in Serie C2/A its not really going to be noticable!!!)

I'm enjoying the initial FM11 more than I enjoyed either FM10 or FM09. It's not quite as polished at FM10.3 but much, much better than previous out-of-the-box-day-1-patched games. Other than the issues linking player happiness to their value (aka the "transfer bug") it's a lot of fun.

Archived