Knap FM11 Tactics

Latest tactics

97pts Spurs 442tactic

http://www.zshare.net/download/85164250d39b4db0/

98pts Spurs 4222 Hybrid tested with Spurs and Woking

http://www.filefront.com/17679839/!!!!!!!!!!!knap11.24222HybidP98F87A23 (Woking, Jan 2011).tac

94pts Spurs 442 based on 92Pts Spurs 442

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6b5yigh6ipoqo9v/%21%21%21%21%21KnapFM11.14222TH-5DTWP94F92A27%20%28Tottenham%2C%20Jun%202011%29.tac

96pts Spurs 4222 Hybrid

http://www.mediafire.com/?f6y5r1c89q420ox

442 Options

The 98pts Chelsea option is the most attacking of the tactics.

_____KnapFM11.1442CHP98F87A15 _Chelsea_ Jun 2011_.tac - 0.00MB

The 92pts Spurs option is the most defensive of the tactics

This tactic has won EPL twice with Spurs and once with Chelsea.

_____KnapFM11.1442TH-5DTWP92F84A31 _Tottenham_ Sep 2010_.tac - 0.00MB

The changes between these tactics are the LMC runs,TW and a 5 step change to mentality. This gives options of Home and Away tactics/easy hard games, down to 10 etc.

Down to 10 tactics or very defensive I would stop winger runs and add more time wasting.

In FM08 days this step change mentality was used to match the mentality with the game in hand.

I am using another FM08 setting but I will let you find that if you remember the Oxford tactics.

Base 1 team based 442

_____KnapFM11.1team442BASE1 _Tottenham_ Sep 2010_.tac - 0.00MB

Defensive team based tactic that can still win EPL with Spurs

_____KnapFM11.1team442BASE1THDEFENDP84F73A34 _Tottenham_ Sep 2010_.tac - 0.00MB

Base 2 based 442 - Origins of Chelsea 442 with a lower mentality.

_____KnapFM11.1442BASE2 _Tottenham_ Sep 2010_.tac - 0.00MB

4222 Options

Team based tactic (see post 3 for formation)

_____KnapFM11.14222CHP93F94A23 _Tottenham_ Sep 2010_.tac - 0.00MB

Base tactic 4222

_____FM11.1Base1P93F82A204222p53f52a17 _Tottenham_ Sep 2010_.tac - 0.00MB

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not use OIs. Also Ass Man manages team talks and I have left the training just as start of game.

In my search for a corner set up the Spurs tactic 442 has won EPL twice with Spurs and once with Chelsea.

any pointers on what kind of strikers needed? in the tottenham tactic you have 2 strong guys up front, is this a requirement?

Also the kind of players needed for the wingers. As they go byline im assuming fast, technichal wingers with good crossing and not the inside forward type? Left midfielder is the attacking one and right is the holding one it looks

Home and Away is an option because there is an attacking tactic and defensive available.

Chelsea tactics for a top quality side otherwise Spurs. Spurs tactics do not do as well with Chelsea and Chelsea tactics do not work as well with Spurs.

I do prefer 2 strong strikers and proper MCs but the tactics also work with Keane and Defoe and VDV and Modric at MC. I look for quality rather than specific roles and in Lower League you have less choice anyway, and I use the same tactics at either end of the Divisions, even reputation 1 teams at level 11.

Been using the Chelsea tactic with Liverpool and whilst it's great going forward, I'm getting a lot of ccc's created against me and I noticed on your screen shot that Chelsea conceeded hardly any goals.

The match preparation screen says my team is competent in all positions so I'm wondering, is it supposed to be that weak defensively? Could it be that my players need more time to gel? Are my defenders just not good enough?

Tried 92 pts Spurs tactic with Birmingham, got some bizzarro results:

Home: 11 Wins 4 Draws 4 Losses.

Away: 1 Win 4 Draws 12 Losses.

I'll try using that tactic in home games from now on. Will have to find something else for away.

Try using http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/183599-WoIfsong-s-Teamtalk-Guide-2010 team talks, see if it helps.

travor

The DL push up is an option. Another tweak I've used in past if the AI use 433 with AMR/L is to barrow the FBs.

Sergey

The mentality step down is a strategy from older FMs altough Loversleaper still uses and discusses these strategies (well worth a read). The problem with split mentality tactics is that there is a limit on the step down and it is already a very defensive set up. However I have WIP tactics that use team ultra defensive that work reasonably well, that I may post at a later date.

dking

With Chelsea under 20 a season is possible wheras with Spurs around 30 is good, and I would expect Lpool to be nearer the Spurs end of spectrum.

Even with the AI at the Helm, Chelsea do not concede many goals and Lpool are about 40. When I look at tactics, if using Chelsea as a test, then I don't expect to concede much more than 20. With a defensive tactic using a DM it probably should be under 20. However, in general I consider Pts and goal difference the major key indicators over a season.

Not being funny Knap but your OP is pretty confusing, or am I just a bit thick?

Would you say that "Base 2 based 442 - Origins of Chelsea 442 with a lower mentality" tactic is in between The most attacking and most defensive tottenham and chelsea tactics?

dking

The tactics are evolutionary and therefore devlop over time, but usually starting with a team based tactic (this means the tactic uses the team sliders and not individual sliders). The Base tactics are the earliest forms of tactics and have been sent out by PM before this thread.

The base 2 was a starting tactic and the Chelsea 98pts is 1 mentality step advanced and appears to work better with a top team. The Spurs tactic is 5 mentality steps below but also more defensive regarding runs.

This gives 3 Options to try but if you are lucky 1 option will give good plug and play results.

Incidentally the Spurs tactic developed from my down to 10 tactic.

bmcosta

I would guess with Benfica the Spurs tactic, which appears to be the best all round tactic to start with but use the Chelsea tactic if needed.

Eternal Sin

With Juventus probably any Chelsea tactic with the Spurs 442 to be more defensive.

Good to see your tactics have been released.

Started with Man Utd and in my second season. I choose the Chelsea 98PTS tactic. Here are my results so far

5-0 Newcastle Away

3-0 Villa Home

3-0 Arsenal Away

1-3 Liverpool was 1 up Away

1-1 Man City was 1 up. Home

Bit annoued that I can easily smash Arsenal who are top of the league but struggled against Liverpool and Man City. Will give it some more time.

dking

The tactics are evolutionary and therefore devlop over time, but usually starting with a team based tactic (this means the tactic uses the team sliders and not individual sliders). The Base tactics are the earliest forms of tactics and have been sent out by PM before this thread.

The base 2 was a starting tactic and the Chelsea 98pts is 1 mentality step advanced and appears to work better with a top team. The Spurs tactic is 5 mentality steps below but also more defensive regarding runs.

This gives 3 Options to try but if you are lucky 1 option will give good plug and play results.

Incidentally the Spurs tactic developed from my down to 10 tactic.

Thanks for the info.

Knap just downloaded your tactic to take a look at your setup.

im playing as spurs in 3rd season, but defence is still a bit too leaky for my liking.

i see you have all players set to man marking apart from wingers and 1 striker.

is man marking the way to go?

could you explain what happens with zonal and man marking in this ME?

iv always gone zonal, but then used default on the wizard so only cb's and cm were man marking...i would appreciate your take on marking please?

bmcosta

If looking for players I look for ML/MR to be natural in that position. However, if you just look at Spurs wingers, Modric,VDV, Dos Santos, Bentley, Lennon they are not similar in style but have to perform within the tactic structure.

Asim

Man marking to me is a totally different concept and in the ME just a switch. Most of my tactics are just Zonal and I try not to mix man and zonal. The TC has attacking tactics with counter attack ticked and this just makes no sense, but I loathe counter attack tactics so do not tick the box.

Hey Just a Update I have clawed my way to the top of the German League with Bayer Lev after a poor start so far P25 W16 D3 L6 and I'm into the final of the German cup. Unfortunately got knock out the Europa League to Man City.

Was also wondering if you were going to be doing anymore Formations cause I was looking for something for Barcelona with one up front and two wide attacking midfielders, something like they play in real life?

Archived