Who to Be?

I just don't know what team to be. They have to be in England, as it's the only league i make playable but i've done a challenge on every level. The biggest problem is probebly my patience and the fact i can't take losing

Premiership-Tried with every big 4 club, sacked by Liverpool and Arsenal previously, just couldn't get into a United game and quit with Chelsea. I had won everything in the first season and at the beggining of the second season i lost 5-1 to spurs so i quit that one. I've also tried the mid-table teams, being Aston Villa, got sacked despite being 5th and i also tried and failed to avoid relegation with Wigan Athletic.

Tried a league 1 with Southend, got bored immeadietly

League 2, arguably the game i enjoyed the most, with my home team Shrewsbury. Got them promoted to league 1 straight away. Started league 1 dissastrously but in the second half of the season put together a brilliant run of form to finish just outside the play-offs

Also tried a Blue Square North game with AFC Telford, with a mid-table finish expected. Started the season superbly but then went a bit iffy, not bad just off, suffered a spate of injuries and quit again.

So my problem is just who to be. If anybody can suggest any teams with points for and against managing them i would be grateful for the ideas.

Thanks

P.S. First Post

I just don't know what team to be. They have to be in England, as it's the only league i make playable but i've done a challenge on every level. The biggest problem is probebly my patience and the fact i can't take losing

Premiership-Tried with every big 4 club, sacked by Liverpool and Arsenal previously, just couldn't get into a United game and quit with Chelsea. I had won everything in the first season and at the beggining of the second season i lost 5-1 to spurs so i quit that one. I've also tried the mid-table teams, being Aston Villa, got sacked despite being 5th and i also tried and failed to avoid relegation with Wigan Athletic.

Tried a league 1 with Southend, got bored immeadietly

League 2, arguably the game i enjoyed the most, with my home team Shrewsbury. Got them promoted to league 1 straight away. Started league 1 dissastrously but in the second half of the season put together a brilliant run of form to finish just outside the play-offs

Also tried a Blue Square North game with AFC Telford, with a mid-table finish expected. Started the season superbly but then went a bit iffy, not bad just off, suffered a spate of injuries and quit again.

So my problem is just who to be. If anybody can suggest any teams with points for and against managing them i would be grateful for the ideas.

Thanks

P.S. First Post

Try Dagenham & Redbridge.

I am playing with them now and it is a good challenge

They have been just promoted to League 2 and are relegation candidates.

I took them up in the first season I am now challenging for a playoff place in League 1.

Havent spent any money in 2 years, got lots of freebies and built the team

I've had similar problems. My advice would be to start a career game and try to work your way up the ladder by switching jobs. I find this works best for me as when I start a game and say I will stick with this team for the whole game I get bored quite easily.

I've enjoyed my Peterborough game immensely.

You'll start off in league 2 with a decent transfer budget and a good squad. Lots of half decent squad members to sell off and replace with better players for the starting XI.

IMO, your lack of patience is probably the major issue. It's doesn't matter which team you decided to be, but it seemed like you don't stick by any of them.

You'd better pick your most favorite club. People would generally suggest you to try the clubs they support, but who would know yourself better than you do?

Keep coming back as a new manager if you're sacked. There's no end of the world for FM managers icon_wink.gif

I personally found that starting unemployed is the most boring thing ever, as you can be linked to the club you totally unknown about them. It's easy to get bored compared to playing at the club you support.

I started with Shrewsbury again. Signed loads of new quality players, e.g

Tony Caig

Jordy Brouwer

Nabil El Zhar

Michael Barnes

Sean Evans

Bryan Hodge

I lost my first game to Wycombe 2-0 but i WILL stick with this team.

Interesting point made by Macyst as i am a mad LIverpool supporter but hate being them on FM as i don't really have my own opinion and just use real life as a template. Also, i agree starting unemployed is tediously boring. Tried it once, ended up with some banckrupt Spanish club beginning with L

One of my favourite games in recent times was with York City in the Blue Square Premier League. In six seasons I managed to get them as far as the play offs in league one. Getting into league two isn't so much of a challenge, but it soon gets sterner as they aren't the richest bunch in the world !

I am from York, hence my choice of that club, but found it far more enjoyable than I had anticipated, especially after being an EPL "Big 4" stalwart. I also lived in Dundee for a while and started a game with them but found it much less rewarding, mainly because attracting any kind of talent was so difficult into the Scots League. Part of the beauty of FM though, I guess.

Other game choices have tended to be friends favourite teams. I have played as Birmingham City, Sheff Utd and Exeter City in the last few months; each with their own challenges. Something I love about FM is that no two games are the same, and the possibilities are endless with so many choices of club / international teams.

Archived