fm world passes you by

Is it just me or when you are playing FM08 you dont seem to feel involved with the fm world. I mean say you manage a league 1 side - teams win the premier league,FA Cup, Champs league and I dont know anything about it.

Surely there should be more involvement in the game and also recognition for teams winning leagues and also more news big signings and player speculation?

Is it just me or when you are playing FM08 you dont seem to feel involved with the fm world. I mean say you manage a league 1 side - teams win the premier league,FA Cup, Champs league and I dont know anything about it.

Surely there should be more involvement in the game and also recognition for teams winning leagues and also more news big signings and player speculation?

I really hope FM09 will improve things. Getting the necessary information is a chore. It's time consuming having to dig up the relevant data.

"Oh, that guy was fired 3 months ago."

"Did THEY win the cup?"

Furthermore, when you shortlisted players are released from their current clubs, you're not even informed about it.

i think they set up a filter so that you would only get news from your own league and cups?

i'm sure people were complaining about getting info from the conference league when they were managing in the prem.

think it went to far in the other direction though with not enough news.

It's definately a big issue with FM08 not being able to immerse yourself in the FM world. There should be some sort of filter available that allows you to manage what type of news items you are likely to receive. Problem at the moment is that you have to keep clicking on various different leagues and via various different screens to keep up to date when really you want it to all come via your inbox in one place.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PW:

It's definately a big issue with FM08 not being able to immerse yourself in the FM world. There should be some sort of filter available that allows you to manage what type of news items you are likely to receive. Problem at the moment is that you have to keep clicking on various different leagues and via various different screens to keep up to date when really you want it to all come via your inbox in one place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not to mention the problems with some news going to the 'news' section and others going to the 'inbox' section.

put them all together again!

I've never felt part of the FM world. It never really matter but then I think about it and I realise that I have no idea who the best players in the world are and it bugs me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

I've never felt part of the FM world. It never really matter but then I think about it and I realise that I have no idea who the best players in the world are and it bugs me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At the risk of repeating myself until the end of time, my word the media in FM sucks icon_smile.gif

As has so rightly been said if you don't actually look for the information then entire World Cups can be won without you finding out, much less great players and Serie A winners (assuming you aren't playing in Italy).

Yeah the end of season report is ok, but I'd much rather click through a bunch of reports on close promotion/relegation battles than a bunch of "player x is returning again" or "you've a guy on your shortlist, comment upon him for the billionth time this month".

VB

I'm sick of commenting on speculation about whether or not i'm going to sign a player. I used to have huge shortlists, but now I rarely use them just so I don't have to go through the same comment BS all the time. The media is absolutely terrible, yet such a key component. Stop tweaking the match engine and focus on other aspects for once.

It just seems to be the natural progression of certain things with SI games, it swings from one extreme to the other, sometimes I wonder do they listen to the fans too much. In this case we used to get far too much news from the wider football world, now we get none. SI usually manage to find a nice middle ground eventually though.

Problem is caused by SI choosing to split news and your inbox.

Well thought out that was- when as mentioned here and suggested before many times that the solution is a user defined filter as to which news you want to see.

Really annoying when SI spend time making things worse rather than fix things like the transfer market that has been broken for a number of releases.

I'd like to select what news items I want to see too.

Maybe detailed news items from the league you're in, with you being able to select to view news from other leagues or even specific teams (maybe players also?)

Maybe when you scout a player, the scout could tell you the most recent news item about the scouted player and their team?

Scouts tell you if the players a good signing but i don't think i've seen scouts tell me (for example) that "player x would be a good signing, for approx x pounds. However he is currently unsettled at the club due to x, and this might lead to him (leaving/being transferred etc)"

I think the first thing SI needs to fix is the constant bombardment of player inquiries from other clubs and notifications that some former player is about to play against you even though he transfered from your club 10 years ago.

Let fix some of the bugs first before we start expanding into new territory.

I completely agree, even in the league I'm playing in you don't get informed of anything via the media.

Quick example of something that happened recently.

I'm a good few years into my game and managing Man City. Van Gaal was managing Chelsea, at some point I was browsing about and noticed that Gianluca Vialli was now the manager...As it happens a few months before Bayern had sacked their manager and hired Van Gaal.

Now this would be huge news all over the football world, but even as a manager in the premier league I didn't see one news report or message regarding this. And this is a common occurence.

Just put a filter in so you can customise the level of detail that gets delivered to your inbox (and put it all in your inbox rather than the news page). So if you want to just get on with your thing you can, but if you want to know about managerial and player movements from the Bundesliga to the Conference South you can too.

I think selecting your news is a great idea

I can imagine a screen whith every league you have playable, and under each league a tickbox for

"summary of final positions"(i.e who won league, claimed european places, got relegated, won promotion, etc)

"transfers" (possibly with second option to select a minumin fee to be reported, i.e if you select 1 million, you wont get messages when Derby sell some reserves but you will when Man U buy Messi),

"managerial departures/arrivals"

and "misc" (i.e training ground bust ups, fans call for managers head, big injuries, suprise star players, etc)

The 1st one would be similar to end of season summary, but this feature, while i like it, is no where near detailed enough

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Archy-91:

"transfers" (possibly with second option to select a minumin fee to be reported, i.e if you select 1 million, you wont get messages when Derby sell some reserves but you will when Man U buy Messi),

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brilliant idea mate icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wesleysonck:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Archy-91:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brilliant idea mate icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably work better with reputation filtered, rather than transfer fee.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnhughthom:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wesleysonck:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably work better with reputation filtered, rather than transfer fee. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, that way if Bojan's contract expired and Man U signed him on a free, you'd still find out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnhughthom:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably work better with reputation filtered, rather than transfer fee. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dang! A flaw in my plans!

KO, yeah that would be a better filter, bravo

(I still get credit for orginal idea icon_wink.gif)

Archived