My goalkeeper hates me!

I'm managing FC Köln and in Germany there is a strict squad registration system - you register all your players on Sept 1st, and that's you for the next few months until January. What this means is that if you buy anyone, even a free transfer, outwith the transfer window, the play can't be registered to play in league games (can still play in the cup though).

I signed a keeper - a really good one, but in the middle of September. No doubt about it, my #1, but I couldn't play him. He was unfit, in need of matches so i thought it would make sense to drop him to the U'23s to get some games and get fit for January.

He. Went. Mental.

Furious i'd "dropped" him and there wasn't an option to explain "I can't register you for the first team, so you're only there to get match fit. In january I'll register you and you'll be my first choice." There was no way for me to explain the situation, so, a year later, I have a great goalkeeper who refuses to talk to me still. Since January he's missed one game, and that was though injury. He's playing all the time and was key to the club racing up from 2nd bottom to comfortable midtable, yet still won't acknowledge my existence. It's really annoying!

Don't know what to do. I figure after a few weeks of being the first team again he'd get over it, but no. Fear i may have to sell him if he becomes disruptive. Surely there must have been some way for me to head this off before it got to this point?

similar thing happend to me, Hugo Alemedia was Injured long term while I was picking my EURO CUP sqaud, so I did not pick him, He went mental.

He was not even fit until the it was time to resubmit the list when I included him.

There is no way on the limited interaction to say

" Your seroiusly injured and cannot play for months, I will register you for next phase when you can play "

So now I will sell him on

Danny Wilson threw his toys out of the pram when he said he wanted first team football, I promised to give it to him, and he gets it EXCEPT for one stupid Euro League fixture.

I started a new game after the d-base update and Babel got mad at me because I bought a lot of players who play his position. I promised him he could play but that wasn't good enough.

Ironically this resulted in me transfer listing him like he wanted and never playing him at all because he is being a **** and not very motivated.

Archived