Penalty for a Hattrick

Don't get me wrong, it's a brilliant feature, but I would like to suggest the ability to turn it on/off.

There's been countless times in game where a player on two goals steps up and misses the penalty, which sometimes results in;

1) change in the result (losing a lead, or drawing a losing match if the penalty had been scored)

2) a drop in moral

3) a drop in match rating

4) could effect the goal difference at the end of the season

some may think I'm being picky, and I know I am, but it doesn't constantly occur IRL (see Newcastle 5-1 Sunderland recently, Nolan and Ameobi).

Just thought I'd suggest it if it hasn't already been asked for.

Yeah, but what I'm saying I'd that it doesn't always happen, like the Newcastle situation...

and say you were 3-2 down, last minute you get a penalty. Your centre back steps up coz he's got two headers from corners thus is on a hattrick. He screws it wide. That wouldn't happen IRL, but is implented in the game.

It was just a suggestion that I think would make the game more controllable. I think the managers should have the final say on order of takers, then a button available to tick to allow hattricks to be completed that can be un-ticked in the tactics screen.

I didn't know about this "feature", and I thought the penalty takers list was bugged. It has happened twice to me with the same result, the penalty was missed. It sounds somewhat realistic that the player in his high horse grabs the ball and kick the penalty, but if he's not even number ten in my takers list, as a manager, I'd like to have a few words with the player afterwards.

EDIT: And so a second penalty kick was awarded, and the same player went for it again -the persistent bugger got his hat trick, don't know if I should hug him or punch him.

I thought this only happened if the game was pretty much in the bag.

IMO, if you are only 1 goal up of worse, it should be the regular penalty taker who steps up to take it.

yep thats right, Chamakh scored 2 goals for me and the score is 2-1, but i was awarded a penalty and my main taker is RVP, so RVP took it not chamakh

In real life you'd be really hard pressed to stop a player on two goals from taking a spot-kick. In fact, his team mates would most likely insist!

In the 1983 FA cup replay, Bryan Robson had already scored two and would have become the first player to score a hattrick in the final. Man Utd were awarded a penalty and he let the designated taker ( Arnold Muhren ) take ( and score ) the penalty. When asked about it afterwards, he said: Personal glory doesn't come in to it. If it had been 0-0 at the time, then the regular taker would have taken it. Who am I to deny Arnold a chance to score in a final? That's also why he was a fantastic captain too ;)

Yea, the penalty taker is the penalty taker. Hate it when this happens, particualarly when the player is rather poor at pens anyway.

Happened on the EPL yesterday in the Bolton - Newcastle game. Elmander was on 2 goals and they won a peno in the dying mins, who took it? Kevin Davies!

In real life you'd be really hard pressed to stop a player on two goals from taking a spot-kick. In fact, his team mates would most likely insist!

There's a recent example of a player not getting his hattrick from a few weeks back from the Europa League, the Leverkusen left back Michal Kadlec had already scored two when the team were awarded a penalty at two nil up but Ballack insisted on taking it and take it he did.

• 3 weeks later...

Totally agree with this. It annoys the hell out of me. Twice I have failed to win a game when at 2-2 the midfielder I have, has scored both goals and has taken a penalty. He is a regen and has a 2 rating for penalties. Both times he has missed, yet I don't remember my main striker ever missing one. What is the point of me setting penalty takers if the game just over rules it!

I am the boss and I should decide who takes the penalty. I remember in real life when Steve Bruce was furious when the Sunderland team allowed someone on 2 golas to take a penalty.

I personally thought it was a stupid introduction when they brought this in with one of the patches in 2010. If they are going to put it in the game then for gods sake let me have a setting to turn it off. It's pathetic to enforce it and is just yet another pointless bit of fluff introduced by SI.

What has really got my goat is that in a recent game I had my 2 strikers both with 2 goals. I win a penalty; now does the game give the penalty to my main striker who is the no.1 penalty taker? Does it hell, it gives it to the other striker who scores it and is man of the match. Whilst this might not sound an issue it was for me. My main striker had been going through a bit of a lean spell and I have been giving him a couple of talking to's and talked to the press about his lack of form. He should have talken the penalty and received the praise as MOM. Sometimes this game just makes me want to throw the disk out of the window.

As far as I know, this has never happened with my team(vålerenga) for at least the last decade. First it was rekdal and only he who took the kicks, then it was Ivers, then Freddy and now it's Singh. In one of the last games this season, Vålerenga was well in the lead(4-1 I think), Shelton had scored two, he pleaded, but Singh ignored him and took the penalty as he was supposed to.

A cultural thing I guess. Some managers want their players to get a hat-trick, others are very strict when it comes to duties and insist that the penalty taker is the one who takes the penalties no matter what. Rekdal, Andresen and Deila all fall under that category....

Depends of importance of game

can you imagine champions league final vidic as 2 goals from corners say the games 2.2 and man utd get pen in 89th min i cant see fergie saying go on lad go get ya hattrick :) bit extreme i know but im sure ya know were im coming from

Depends of importance of game

can you imagine champions league final vidic as 2 goals from corners say the games 2.2 and man utd get pen in 89th min i cant see fergie saying go on lad go get ya hattrick :) bit extreme i know but im sure ya know were im coming from

exactly, as SCIAG said there is more to it then simply a player being on a hat trick

exactly, as SCIAG said there is more to it then simply a player being on a hat trick

Sorry, but I don't expect SI's AI to get things right... it would be best if we had some control. Does it take into account if one guy got 2 goals in the first half and after half time the opponents come out fired up and are really pressuring your D?

Maybe there is more to it then scoreline, but there is no way SI cover all the possibilities. That should be abundantly clear by how bad the new player interaction AI is.

Sorry, but I don't expect SI's AI to get things right... it would be best if we had some control. Does it take into account if one guy got 2 goals in the first half and after half time the opponents come out fired up and are really pressuring your D?

Maybe there is more to it then scoreline, but there is no way SI cover all the possibilities. That should be abundantly clear by how bad the new player interaction AI is.

lol, you werent kidding in your thread the other day that were just going to start complaining all the time were you?

lol, you werent kidding in your thread the other day that were just going to start complaining all the time were you?

Don't quite follow you... if you mean the other thread about hattrick PK's, nope saw the irony coming.

If you meant something else I don't remember and mean me complaining? There are somethings the game is good with and others that are terrible. The AI is the latter imo... it contradicts itself regularly, so you'll never see me trusting the AI to make the right decision if I have a choice.

Don't quite follow you... if you mean the other thread about hattrick PK's, nope saw the irony coming.

If you meant something else I don't remember and mean me complaining? There are somethings the game is good with and others that are terrible. The AI is the latter imo... it contradicts itself regularly, so you'll never see me trusting the AI to make the right decision if I have a choice.

from your last thread about the AI:

So I'm going to drop my 'try to be nice guy' cover and get rough so don't ream on if you have sensitive eyes.

Stop with all the moronic half a$$ed useless fluff 'new features' and fix the $%^#ing AI, it's freaking pathetic how lacking in the simplest common sense it is!

As I said in that thread... that line was venting... I told people not to read it if they didn't like negativity.

But it's the one thing that drives me up the wall with this game... I'd rather concede that game winning goal in the 91st minute of a final then watch the various ways the AI breaks down over and over. Just there are more topics about it now I choose to comment on.

Cheers for the replies guys. I good to see that im not the only one who wishes for the ability to turn it off. Of course, everyone's got their opinions on it, and some will want to retain the feature. At certain times, like after I've already weon the title, i would turn it on, or if we're comfortably winning, but i'd just want the chance to turn it off at certain points, like if you're on edge in game, or if you want someone to win the golden boot, etc.

Would be great if it's implemented to FM12, because i dont expect it to be considered for 11.2, and i wouldnt want it getting in the way of the problems that people feel mopre strongly about.

Cheers.

I think it depends on both the scoreline and the personality attributes of the player on a hattrick. I remember SI saying it was more complicated than just the scoreline.

In FM10 I saw no evidence of this but it must be the case if SI explained it.

I think I remember a thread where a centre back had scored 2 in a game and then missed a penalty which resulted in a 2-2 draw.

Maybe a bit of tweaking needed to the AI.

It is not a feature that currently exsists, it is one that the OP would like to see implemented.

Or at least it doesn't exsist in the way that you can either turn it on or off, it is implemented when the game sees fit.

It does exist, happens automatically.

You cant turn it on or off

Archived