Your Football Manager Languages

How many languages have you 'learnt' on FM?

For me, I currently know English, Cantonese, Chinese, French, Dutch in my current career game.

IRL, I only know English, Cantonese, Chinese, and French (Basic)

Too bad I can't learn languages quickly irl icon_frown.gif

For me, I currently know English, Cantonese, Chinese, French, Dutch in my current career game.

Too bad I can't learn languages quickly irl icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">IRL, I only know English, Cantonese, Chinese, and French (Basic) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha you only know.. Currently i'm just stuck with English and Swedish but as you said life would be so much easier if you could learn the languages as quick as on the game icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fattyg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">IRL, I only know English, Cantonese, Chinese, and French (Basic) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha you only know.. Currently i'm just stuck with English and Swedish but as you said life would be so much easier if you could learn the languages as quick as on the game icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got those four default at the start of the game icon_smile.gif

I learnt fluent Dutch in the game in only three months, but irl I've been (forced) learning French since elementary and still can't say it icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I got those four default at the start of the game

I learnt fluent Dutch in the game in only three months, but irl I've been (forced) learning French since elementary and still can't say it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol yeh i had to learn spanish and french at school, and the only things i know what to say are No tengo un burro, pero tengo una vaca in spanish and Je visite a paris dans un aeorglissier avec les legumes in french. Absolutely no use whatsoever lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fattyg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I got those four default at the start of the game

I learnt fluent Dutch in the game in only three months, but irl I've been (forced) learning French since elementary and still can't say it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol yeh i had to learn spanish and french at school, and the only things i know what to say are No tengo un burro, pero tengo una vaca in spanish and Je visite a paris dans un aeorglissier avec les legumes in french. Absolutely no use whatsoever lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't even remember how to say a sentence in French anymore. I answer every question with oui or non lol

Maybe a suggestion for FM09, make learning new languages realistic. icon_biggrin.gif

And just cuz I'm Canadian, it doesn't mean I know French lol

My manager knows English, Spanish, and Swedish.

Though, Swedish was the only one I actually picked up. The English is natural, and the Spanish is a magical empowerment I gained from picking the 'mystical ruby stone of American nationality'.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rancer890:

Too bad I can't learn languages quickly irl icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Career game I hear you say!? May I point you in this direction icon_wink.gif

My career manager knows Italian, English and Spanish. Not too shabby. Looking forward to learning Dutch, German and French. Maybe through some Portuguese in there too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rancer890:

And just cuz I'm Canadian, it doesn't mean I know French lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, im part Maltese, so with that as my second nationality, icon_biggrin.gifi obviously know Italian.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kevt81:

And just cuz I'm Canadian, it doesn't mean I know French lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, im part Maltese, so with that as my second nationality, i obviously know Italian. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ballsed that up icon_rolleyes.gif

Mine is American/Israeli nationality so it means I know English, Spanish (for some reason), Hebrew, and Arabic. Will be quite similar to real life actually because I know England, pretty good Spanish, conversational Hebrew, and plan on learning Arabic in university next year.

English and Portugese.

I hear people saying its not realistic in FM. Can i just say when you go abroad to work you learn the lanuage a hell of alot quicker than what you do sitting in a school.

My mate went to Kenya for 5 months came back speaking flewent Swahili.

Archived